An intimate and unique setting for your wedding!

Now that you’ve found the love of your life, it’s time to starting planning the night of your life. Gallery Forty-Two is the ideal venue for couples seeking a smaller, yet dynamic space to host their ceremony, reception, or combination of the two. Located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, our gallery provides a truly distinctive setting with the option of enjoying fine art as your backdrop, bringing in your own décor, or styling a creative mixture of both.

Historic Venue

Rentals + Equipment

42 E. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN (317) 822-4242

Reviewed on 3/22/2018 Tionna V

I'm a Chicago-based wedding planner who held a client's wedding reception at Gallery Forty-Two in March 2018. I've worked with countless venues in Chicago and in the mid-west area and the hospitality that Curt and Nick extend to their clients and vendors is overwhelming! They... Read More were extremely easy to work with, flexible, timely with responses and played a huge role in the success of the event on the day of. Great communication from day 1 made the planning easier and they went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure our clients had a beautiful reception in their gallery. I would highly recommend the space for any event - corporate, social, philanthropic, wedding, etc. These gentleman truly have their clients needs at heart and their space is simply stunning. The venue will speak for itself, the service is top-notch! Thank you Nick & Curt for everything - it was a pleasure working with you both! - Wedicity - Wedding & Event Detailing

Reviewed on 1/30/2018 Emily H

We had the most wonderful wedding at Gallery Forty-two. Curt was very flexible and helpful during the planning process. Nick, who was there the day of the wedding, was great. Flexible, and took care of anything that came up. Worked well with caterer and DJ. Highly recommend.... Read More Cute area for bridal party and groomsmen to get away as well. Picking out the pictures to hang up was also so special. Overall I wouldn’t have changed a thing. Thanks for making our wedding day so special.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 TJ Z

My wife and I had our reception at Gallery 42 on 9/30/2017 and we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. From the first time we visited Gallery 42, we knew it was the perfect place for us, and it didn't disappoint. Curt and Nick were excellent, and worked hard to... Read More make sure our experience was everything we could have wanted. The venue is gorgeous, and its downtown location was ideal for us, as we had a number of out of town guests staying at nearby hotels. We'd highly recommend Gallery 42 to anyone looking for a beautiful and unique location in the heart of downtown Indy. Thanks Curt and Nick!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Traci N

We held our daughter's wedding dinner and reception at Gallery Forty-Two last weekend and could not have been happier. From beginning to end, Curt was helpful, accommodating and professional. The gallery is stunning, as all of our guests commented. I highly recommend this venue.... Read More We are so grateful for the memories we have of our daughter's special day!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Nick R

My wife and I just had our wedding here and everything was fantastic! The venue is gorgeous and is in a really great location about a block from the circle. Curt and Nick did absolutely everything that we asked for and then some to make the day special for us. From letting us in... Read More early on Friday to begin setup, to assisting us with flipping the venue before the reception and helping tear down after the night was through and everything in between. They bent over backwards to make sure our day was perfect and as stress free as possible. I would highly recommend Gallery Forty Two to anybody looking for a wedding venue in the future.

Curt Hunter

My family and I opened Gallery Forty-Two in 2014 with hopes of contributing the beautification of downtown Indianapolis. We initially launched as a retail art gallery, and still are, but quickly realized our historic building (the oldest commercial building in Indy) was the perfect setting for private events - such as weddings, receptions, and rehearsal dinners. We've filled a need, catering to couples seeking a smaller yet dynamic space; one that is intimate and truly distinctive and won't break your wedding budget.