Gambino's Bakery

(66)

New Orleans, LA

New Orleans World Famous Bakery

Gambino's Bakery, based in the Greater New Orleans area, has been baking memories for generations. Founded over sixty years ago by Joe Gambino, the family owned bakery continues to use the finest ingredients to create custom designed wedding and groom's cakes. Call us today to book a tasting!

$$

Type

Cake Tops & Accessories

The cake of my dreams

Reviewed on 1/22/2014 Genevieve H

Gambino's Bakery went above and beyond my expectations on our wedding cake. It was the most beautiful cake I had ever seen, and it was SO delicious! Our wedding cake was truly one of a kind. I told the coordinator that I wanted it to shine, and that I wanted it to be fun yet elegant. I showed them the style of shape that I liked and they gave me suggestions from there. It was more than I expected and fit the style of the wedding perfectly. I was absolutely obsessed with it! I definitely recommend Gambino's Bakery to all of my friends and family looking for delicious, beautiful cakes.

Best Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 4/08/2014 Sarah P

On a whim, because we were in that part of town, my mom, fiance, and I popped into Gambino's (one of the three contracted companies with our venue) to see about scheduling an appointment to talk about our wedding cake. To my surprise, the lady sat with us right then and there to discuss options. We were in and out in half an hour after personalizing the flavor of the cake, the filling, and finalizing the design for the icing. The cake arrived looking perfect and it tasted just as nice. It was soft and moist and delicious, just like a cake should be. All of our guests got cake and mentioned how much they liked it. Other companies in New Orleans may do better with fancy fondant and sugar paste designs, but if you want great flavor without all the fuss of something that looks like it shouldn't be edible, come to Gambino's.

Melissa

Reviewed on 3/31/2014 Melissa H

I got both my wedding cake and grooms cake from Gambino's. Both were very good. I could not believe how good my wedding cake came out. I brought them a picture of a cake that I liked and changed a few things. It came out better than I though it would. I would definitely recommend getting your cake here. Very reasonably priced.

Red velvet wedding cake!

Reviewed on 3/25/2015 Mary M

Gambino's did an amazing job taking pictures that I brought, and making our cake look just like them! The worked with us on our budget, since Chateau does a cake credit through them. The cake tasted amazing, and it looked beautiful.

Perfect result!

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Laura K

Gambino's made my wedding cake (200 guests). I was thrilled with the result. We did have to follow up several times to make sure all instructions were correct. However, they delivered EXACTLY what I wanted, at the exact time they promised. This was greatly appreciated by this self-planner. I recommend using Gambino's if you want a delicious cake for a large number of guests. They did not disappoint.

Butterfly wedding cake

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Marcy V

Gambino's bakery was very friendly from the first day we stepped in to taste test. We had chose to buy our wedding cake and grooms cake from them. Both cakes were so delicious and exactly what we wanted and more. I am glad I trusted Gambino's because they surely do know exactly what they are doing. Plus I am a cheapskate and i was extremely empressed with there prices!!! I would highly recommend them. Marcy & Adam Wedding date: November 7, 2014

Grooms Cake

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Jennifer D

The grooms cake was a hit!!! It was identical to the picture that I gave them and it was absolutely delicious!!!!!! Thanks for being a part of our wedding! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Gambino's bakery

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Awesome cakes, and friendly service. I will never order a cake from anywhere else.

Dream Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Amanda K

Working with Jackie-Sue at Gambino's was an absolute pleasure! I had a vision and numerous pictures of what I wanted for my wedding cake. She was able to pull all of those ideas together and create my dream wedding cake! Along with being perfect, it was also delicious! Not only did she create my vision, she created the perfect groom’s cake for my husband. Again, I had several ideas I wanted incorporated into the cake to encompass all of his favorite hobbies. At our reception, he and I were both so in love with our cakes. My husband couldn’t believe the detail and thought that went into his cake! I recommend Gambino’s to all future brides! They truly make you feel like family and you are their most important bride! -Amanda Messina

Love Gambino's!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 julia b

I have been a Gambino's fan for years, always making sure to stop in at least once every time I'm in New Orleans, usually for a King Cake during Mardi Gras or a Doberge cake (just because!). So it was a no-brainer when we decided to do a destination wedding in New Orleans that we would have a Gambino's wedding cake. Since i was an out-of-town Bride everything was coordinated seamlessly via email including choosing the cake design and flavors. We went with the three-tiered "Southern Oaks" design with different flavors for each tier. It was beautiful and delicious! Gambino's and the venue handled...well handling, delivery, and everything. Not one ounce of stress involved (not even for my Italian mother!) and everything came out perfect. Jackie-sue and the cake team even created a custom groom's cake, the T.A.R.D.I.S. from the TV Show Doctor Who, which turned out so amazingly well, not only was it delicious (chocolate chocolate chocolate!), but it was super tall, and included every detail on the outside of the TARDIS, including the poster and writing. I was ASTOUNDED that it held its form for hours in New Orleans summer humidity. Both cakes were true masterpieces and i would DEFINITELY recommend! Thanks so much to Gambinos!

Wedding and grooms cake!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Jourdan T

I could not have been happier with my Wedding Cake and Groom’s cake. Both cakes were exactly what I had expected. The wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! The groom’s cake was decorated to perfection and the ½ caramel , ½ chocolate doberge was a favorite for my guests. I had so many compliments about how delicious the cakes were. I could not have been happier. They are very professional and provide what you ask for. I would definitely recommend Gambino’s for Wedding and Grooms cakes.

I love their cakes

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Carrie F

I grew up on Gamino birthday cakes. The bakery was the preferred vendor with our catering venue. The price of the bride's cake was included in our catering price and we paid for the groom's cake. We gave them directions for both cakes and they turned out just the way we wanted. People still are talking about how good the cakes were. I'm glad we used them.

Mrs. Natisha

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 Natisha S

The cake was exactly what I wanted. My guest are still raving about the cake. Very moist and delicious!

Love their cakes! Horrible detail on cake though..

Reviewed on 2/18/2014 Marcela G

Their cakes taste amazing which makes up for me really caring about the detail of the cake. I brought in pictures of some cakes with lace patterns on them and they said they could make what I was looking for with the appliqués in chocolate and place on cake like I had in picture but when the wedding time came and I saw the cake it looked as if someone just tried to make designs with piping. They charged me a lot of extra money for the appliqués detail and they did not come through when the time came.

Will use again and again

Reviewed on 2/01/2014 Emily m

I have always loved Gambinos and when I got engaged, there was no question I would be using Gambinos for cakes. Our wedding cake was not only gorgeous, but delicious. The groom's cake was so fun and a hit at the wedding as well. We were able to have a little taste test meeting and go over exactly how we would want our cake. The staff at Gambinos were very patient and just plain nice!

BEAUTIFUL & TASTY

Reviewed on 1/26/2014 Vina R

The only thing I have to say is Beautiful and Mmmm Mmmm good!!! They did an excellent job!!! I enjoyed the cake so much, I was upset when it done!!! I will definitely go there again to try some of their other treats!

Wedding and Groom's Cakes

Reviewed on 1/10/2014 Caroline M

Gambino's Bakery is truly one of, if not the best bakery in the New Orleans area. They did an absolutely wonderful job on our wedding cake and Groom's cake. Jackie Sue is great to work with and took the time to make sure our cakes turned out just how we wanted - and I have to say, my cake was even more beautiful than I had imagined! The staff at Gambino's is very talented. We received numerous compliments on the quality, presentation and taste of both of the cakes! I attended multiple bridal shows and always returned to the Gambino's table for seconds because their cakes were the most delicious! I am very appreciative of the excellent service they provided us and recommend this bakery to everyone!

Best tasting Cake

Reviewed on 12/30/2013 patricia c

You can't get a better cake , Gambino's is the best.

Best Wedding Cake!!

Reviewed on 11/27/2013 Lawren D

Gambino's Bakery is amazing. The service, the quality, the added touches = perfect. I'm so looking forward to our year anniversary so I can finish the top part of our cake!

Beautiful Work

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Tara G

The bakers at Gambino's did a wonderful job with creating our magical wedding cake. They offered a huge selection of cake and filling flavors and even offer to flavors that you like that may not be on their list. The sales department was kind and very efficient with making sure we were provided with what we wanted. The only reason why I did not give a 5 star overall rating was because we did have some complaints about the cake being a little dry. This may not be fixable since they were end pieces that were complained about. Overall we had a beautiful cake.

best cake ever!

Reviewed on 10/21/2013

I cant say enough about how delsih and gorgeous my cake was. we ordered both the wedding cake and groom's cake from gambino's. Everyone was soooo impress by both. The pricing was also great. The folks there were able to keep my in my budget and still make my vision come true...everyone should try them

Exquisite Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Victoria P

Thank you Gambino's Bakery for making every cake so special throughout my wedding year! I ordered every cake from the engagement party cake, bridal shower cake, couples shower cake, rehearsal dinner cake and wedding cake/groomsmen cake from Gambino's Bakery! Every cake was unique to my style! This year was so special and Gambino's added a sweet taste to all of my events! My wedding cake was over the top! My wedding vision was complete with the help of such a gorgeous wedding cake! The groomsmen cake was also one of a kind! Gambino's Bakery really knows how to build beautiful and great tasting cakes!

Amazing Value

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Rebecca H

My family has been buying king cakes from Gambino's my entire life so I knew I had to check them out for my wedding cake. As soon as I tasted the cake I was sold. The icing on the cake (pun intended) was when they showed me the prices. These cakes are the cheapest I've ever seen but the best tasting cakes BY FAR. I will admit that they didn't decorate it correctly and placed our monogram topper in the wrong order, but the look of the cake was not my priority. To me, a cake is for eating so all I cared about was taste and price and this was a home run for sure.

Absolutely beautiful and delicious!

Reviewed on 8/18/2013 Jennifer F

Our cake was absolutely beautiful and two weeks later, it is STILL delicious!! They have fresh fillings and flavors and are willing to work in any design! We will be using them again in the future for other cakes!

More Than Thrilled!

Reviewed on 8/15/2013

We contacted several bakeries for our wedding and ended up going with Gambinos because they were so easy to work with and so helpful! We are so glad we did. We were planning our wedding from across the country, so email and phone calls were a must. We always got fast and friendly responses. The pricing was also the best we were quoted and they had a million flavor options. We went with devils food for the main cake and it was incredible! Our groom's cake was a giant waffle and not only did it look fantastic, but it tasted amazing! We give Gambino's two giant thumbs up!

Send Email