Gambino's Bakery

(66)

New Orleans, LA

New Orleans World Famous Bakery

Gambino's Bakery, based in the Greater New Orleans area, has been baking memories for generations. Founded over sixty years ago by Joe Gambino, the family owned bakery continues to use the finest ingredients to create custom designed wedding and groom's cakes. Call us today to book a tasting!

$$

Type

Cake Tops & Accessories

4821 Veterans Memorial Blvd., New Orleans, LA

The cake of my dreams

Reviewed on 1/22/2014 Genevieve H

Gambino's Bakery went above and beyond my expectations on our wedding cake. It was the most beautiful cake I had ever seen, and it was SO delicious! Our wedding cake was truly one of a kind. I told the coordinator that I wanted it to shine, and that I wanted it to be fun yet elegant. I showed them the style of shape that I liked and they gave me suggestions from there. It was more than I expected and fit the style of the wedding perfectly. I was absolutely obsessed with it! I definitely recommend Gambino's Bakery to all of my friends and family looking for delicious, beautiful cakes.

1/23/2014 Response from the vendor

Congratulations again!!! We are so excited that you enjoyed everything about your experience with Gambino's Bakeries. It truly brings joy to our heart when we hear from our lovely brides. We would love for you to send us pictures:) [email protected] Thank you so much for... Read Less Read More

Best Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 4/08/2014 Sarah P

On a whim, because we were in that part of town, my mom, fiance, and I popped into Gambino's (one of the three contracted companies with our venue) to see about scheduling an appointment to talk about our wedding cake. To my surprise, the lady sat with us right then and there to discuss options. We were in and out in half an hour after personalizing the flavor of the cake, the filling, and finalizing the design for the icing. The cake arrived looking perfect and it tasted just as nice. It was soft and moist and delicious, just like a cake should be. All of our guests got cake and mentioned how much they liked it. Other companies in New Orleans may do better with fancy fondant and sugar paste designs, but if you want great flavor without all the fuss of something that looks like it shouldn't be edible, come to Gambino's.

4/09/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! We are very happy that you enjoyed everything! We feel very strong that the cake should be beautiful on the outside and delicious on the inside. We really appreciate your business. We appreciate you taking time to write a lovely review... Read Less Read More

Melissa

Reviewed on 3/31/2014 Melissa H

I got both my wedding cake and grooms cake from Gambino's. Both were very good. I could not believe how good my wedding cake came out. I brought them a picture of a cake that I liked and changed a few things. It came out better than I though it would. I would definitely recommend getting your cake here. Very reasonably priced.

4/02/2014 Response from the vendor

Congratulations!! Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are so happy that you were pleased with everything.We wish you health and happiness as you begin your married journey. Thank you again!

Red velvet wedding cake!

Reviewed on 3/25/2015 Mary M

Gambino's did an amazing job taking pictures that I brought, and making our cake look just like them! The worked with us on our budget, since Chateau does a cake credit through them. The cake tasted amazing, and it looked beautiful.

3/26/2015 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much!! It makes us so happy when you are happy:) We really appreciate you taking time to write us a review. Congratulations again!!

Perfect result!

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Laura K

Gambino's made my wedding cake (200 guests). I was thrilled with the result. We did have to follow up several times to make sure all instructions were correct. However, they delivered EXACTLY what I wanted, at the exact time they promised. This was greatly appreciated by this self-planner. I recommend using Gambino's if you want a delicious cake for a large number of guests. They did not disappoint.

Butterfly wedding cake

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Marcy V

Gambino's bakery was very friendly from the first day we stepped in to taste test. We had chose to buy our wedding cake and grooms cake from them. Both cakes were so delicious and exactly what we wanted and more. I am glad I trusted Gambino's because they surely do know exactly what they are doing. Plus I am a cheapskate and i was extremely empressed with there prices!!! I would highly recommend them. Marcy & Adam Wedding date: November 7, 2014

Grooms Cake

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Jennifer D

The grooms cake was a hit!!! It was identical to the picture that I gave them and it was absolutely delicious!!!!!! Thanks for being a part of our wedding! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Gambino's bakery

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Awesome cakes, and friendly service. I will never order a cake from anywhere else.

3/26/2015 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review!! We really appreciate your business.

Dream Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Amanda K

Working with Jackie-Sue at Gambino's was an absolute pleasure! I had a vision and numerous pictures of what I wanted for my wedding cake. She was able to pull all of those ideas together and create my dream wedding cake! Along with being perfect, it was also delicious! Not only did she create my vision, she created the perfect groom’s cake for my husband. Again, I had several ideas I wanted incorporated into the cake to encompass all of his favorite hobbies. At our reception, he and I were both so in love with our cakes. My husband couldn’t believe the detail and thought that went into his cake! I recommend Gambino’s to all future brides! They truly make you feel like family and you are their most important bride! -Amanda Messina

Love Gambino's!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 julia b

I have been a Gambino's fan for years, always making sure to stop in at least once every time I'm in New Orleans, usually for a King Cake during Mardi Gras or a Doberge cake (just because!). So it was a no-brainer when we decided to do a destination wedding in New Orleans that we would have a Gambino's wedding cake. Since i was an out-of-town Bride everything was coordinated seamlessly via email including choosing the cake design and flavors. We went with the three-tiered "Southern Oaks" design with different flavors for each tier. It was beautiful and delicious! Gambino's and the venue handled...well handling, delivery, and everything. Not one ounce of stress involved (not even for my Italian mother!) and everything came out perfect. Jackie-sue and the cake team even created a custom groom's cake, the T.A.R.D.I.S. from the TV Show Doctor Who, which turned out so amazingly well, not only was it delicious (chocolate chocolate chocolate!), but it was super tall, and included every detail on the outside of the TARDIS, including the poster and writing. I was ASTOUNDED that it held its form for hours in New Orleans summer humidity. Both cakes were true masterpieces and i would DEFINITELY recommend! Thanks so much to Gambinos!

Wedding and grooms cake!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Jourdan T

I could not have been happier with my Wedding Cake and Groom’s cake. Both cakes were exactly what I had expected. The wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! The groom’s cake was decorated to perfection and the ½ caramel , ½ chocolate doberge was a favorite for my guests. I had so many compliments about how delicious the cakes were. I could not have been happier. They are very professional and provide what you ask for. I would definitely recommend Gambino’s for Wedding and Grooms cakes.

I love their cakes

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Carrie F

I grew up on Gamino birthday cakes. The bakery was the preferred vendor with our catering venue. The price of the bride's cake was included in our catering price and we paid for the groom's cake. We gave them directions for both cakes and they turned out just the way we wanted. People still are talking about how good the cakes were. I'm glad we used them.

9/01/2014 Response from the vendor

Congratulations again on your wedding:) We are so happy that you selected Gambino's Bakery to create your wedding and groom's cakes. We feel very honored to have you as a lifetime customer. Thank you so very much for taking time to write a review! We... Read Less Read More

Mrs. Natisha

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 Natisha S

The cake was exactly what I wanted. My guest are still raving about the cake. Very moist and delicious!

7/29/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you soooo much!! We are so glad that you enjoyed your wedding cake:)We love that your guests were raving about the wedding cake too. We appreciate you taking time to write a review. Thank you! We wish you both a lifetime of happiness and... Read Less Read More

Love their cakes! Horrible detail on cake though..

Reviewed on 2/18/2014 Marcela G

Their cakes taste amazing which makes up for me really caring about the detail of the cake. I brought in pictures of some cakes with lace patterns on them and they said they could make what I was looking for with the appliqués in chocolate and place on cake like I had in picture but when the wedding time came and I saw the cake it looked as if someone just tried to make designs with piping. They charged me a lot of extra money for the appliqués detail and they did not come through when the time came.

2/20/2014 Response from the vendor

I am so sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your cake. We are happy you enjoyed the taste of the cake. According to our records, you changed the fondant appliques to butter cream lace to match your dress. The lace pattern of your... Read Less Read More

Will use again and again

Reviewed on 2/01/2014 Emily m

I have always loved Gambinos and when I got engaged, there was no question I would be using Gambinos for cakes. Our wedding cake was not only gorgeous, but delicious. The groom's cake was so fun and a hit at the wedding as well. We were able to have a little taste test meeting and go over exactly how we would want our cake. The staff at Gambinos were very patient and just plain nice!

2/02/2014 Response from the vendor

Congratulations!!! We are so happy that everything went well at your beautiful wedding!! Thank you for choosing Gambinos bakery for your wedding cakes. We certainly appreciate you taking time to write a review;) Best wishes for a healthy and happy marriage! Cheers!!

BEAUTIFUL & TASTY

Reviewed on 1/26/2014 Vina R

The only thing I have to say is Beautiful and Mmmm Mmmm good!!! They did an excellent job!!! I enjoyed the cake so much, I was upset when it done!!! I will definitely go there again to try some of their other treats!

1/27/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you sooo much!! We are so happy that you enjoyed everything! Please come back to visit us:))) Please send us pictures to [email protected] We love to see our beautiful brides and handsome grooms. Thank you again for taking time out of your busy schedule... Read Less Read More

Wedding and Groom's Cakes

Reviewed on 1/10/2014 Caroline M

Gambino's Bakery is truly one of, if not the best bakery in the New Orleans area. They did an absolutely wonderful job on our wedding cake and Groom's cake. Jackie Sue is great to work with and took the time to make sure our cakes turned out just how we wanted - and I have to say, my cake was even more beautiful than I had imagined! The staff at Gambino's is very talented. We received numerous compliments on the quality, presentation and taste of both of the cakes! I attended multiple bridal shows and always returned to the Gambino's table for seconds because their cakes were the most delicious! I am very appreciative of the excellent service they provided us and recommend this bakery to everyone!

1/23/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so kindly for taking time to write a review!! We are tickled to death that you and your groom were so pleased with everything. Thank you for choosing Gambinos's for your wedding day:) We hope you continue to visit us for all your... Read Less Read More

Best tasting Cake

Reviewed on 12/30/2013 patricia c

You can't get a better cake , Gambino's is the best.

1/23/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for taking time to write a review!! We certainly appreciate you choosing us for your wedding day! Congratulations again!!

Best Wedding Cake!!

Reviewed on 11/27/2013 Lawren D

Gambino's Bakery is amazing. The service, the quality, the added touches = perfect. I'm so looking forward to our year anniversary so I can finish the top part of our cake!

1/23/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words!! It means a lot to us when brides take time to write a lovely review:) Congratulations on your marriage!! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and health!

Beautiful Work

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Tara G

The bakers at Gambino's did a wonderful job with creating our magical wedding cake. They offered a huge selection of cake and filling flavors and even offer to flavors that you like that may not be on their list. The sales department was kind and very efficient with making sure we were provided with what we wanted. The only reason why I did not give a 5 star overall rating was because we did have some complaints about the cake being a little dry. This may not be fixable since they were end pieces that were complained about. Overall we had a beautiful cake.

1/23/2014 Response from the vendor

Hello, Congratulations again on your wedding!! We are so happy that you enjoyed the cake. I am sorry about the complaints that you received:( We never have problems with our wedding cakes being dry so I am truly sorry. I wish we were able to... Read Less Read More

best cake ever!

Reviewed on 10/21/2013

I cant say enough about how delsih and gorgeous my cake was. we ordered both the wedding cake and groom's cake from gambino's. Everyone was soooo impress by both. The pricing was also great. The folks there were able to keep my in my budget and still make my vision come true...everyone should try them

10/22/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you so kindly for taking time to write a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed everything. We would love to see pictures from the wedding:) Feel free to email any pics to [email protected] Congratulations once again!!

Exquisite Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Victoria P

Thank you Gambino's Bakery for making every cake so special throughout my wedding year! I ordered every cake from the engagement party cake, bridal shower cake, couples shower cake, rehearsal dinner cake and wedding cake/groomsmen cake from Gambino's Bakery! Every cake was unique to my style! This year was so special and Gambino's added a sweet taste to all of my events! My wedding cake was over the top! My wedding vision was complete with the help of such a gorgeous wedding cake! The groomsmen cake was also one of a kind! Gambino's Bakery really knows how to build beautiful and great tasting cakes!

9/30/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure to work with you and create your vision. Our staff works really hard to meet our customer's expectations so we are thankful for your kind words. We appreciate your... Read Less Read More

Amazing Value

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Rebecca H

My family has been buying king cakes from Gambino's my entire life so I knew I had to check them out for my wedding cake. As soon as I tasted the cake I was sold. The icing on the cake (pun intended) was when they showed me the prices. These cakes are the cheapest I've ever seen but the best tasting cakes BY FAR. I will admit that they didn't decorate it correctly and placed our monogram topper in the wrong order, but the look of the cake was not my priority. To me, a cake is for eating so all I cared about was taste and price and this was a home run for sure.

8/19/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for writing a review. We are happy that you were pleased with the taste of you cake and the price. Congratulations on your mariage! We wish you a lifetime of health and happiness!

Absolutely beautiful and delicious!

Reviewed on 8/18/2013 Jennifer F

Our cake was absolutely beautiful and two weeks later, it is STILL delicious!! They have fresh fillings and flavors and are willing to work in any design! We will be using them again in the future for other cakes!

8/19/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you so kindly for taking time to write a review! We are so happy that you loved your cake:) Congratulations on a fantastic wedding!

More Than Thrilled!

Reviewed on 8/15/2013

We contacted several bakeries for our wedding and ended up going with Gambinos because they were so easy to work with and so helpful! We are so glad we did. We were planning our wedding from across the country, so email and phone calls were a must. We always got fast and friendly responses. The pricing was also the best we were quoted and they had a million flavor options. We went with devils food for the main cake and it was incredible! Our groom's cake was a giant waffle and not only did it look fantastic, but it tasted amazing! We give Gambino's two giant thumbs up!

8/16/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for taking time to write a review! We really appreciate your time and your lovely review. We love working with destination brides. Our staff had fun designing and making your cakes. We wish you a life full of happiness and... Read Less Read More

TO Gambino's Bakery