New Orleans World Famous Bakery

Gambino's Bakery, based in the Greater New Orleans area, has been baking memories for generations. Founded over sixty years ago by Joe Gambino, the family owned bakery continues to use the finest ingredients to create custom designed wedding and groom's cakes. Call us today to book a tasting!

Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

4821 Veterans Memorial Blvd., New Orleans, LA

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Caroline C

Originally from Myrtle Beach, SC, my husband and I recently moved into the area by way of Oregon for work and loved New Orleans so much that we decided to have our wedding here. All the typical stress that comes from planning a wedding was with me everyday, not to mention our... Read More nearest family members were 13hrs away and we had no familiarity with the area, local vendors, etc. When it came to our cake, I had some serious standards. I have some serious bakers in from both sides of my family. My Italian Grandmother is known for her Italian cookies and pastries and my N'Ma-legend has it- would make FROM SCRATCH pies and cobblers every Sunday to feed the neighborhood! Needless to say, I wanted a wedding cake that tasted just like grandma made it. I when I walked into Gambino's sure enough there were 5 little ladies baking away! :) The cake and fillings had so much flavor and were so moist that it tasted as if each slice was made individually. I couldn't have been happier and I encourage everyone to check out the amazing selection they have over there. You WON'T be disappointed.

2016-03-31T15:45:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for one of the sweetest reviews ever! When you compare us to your Italian Grandmother, it makes our hearts smile:) We are very happy that everyone was pleased. From the bottoms of our hearts, a HUGE THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Emily D

Cake perfection!!!!! Gambino's delivered on the most delicious cake EVER!! My family has a lot of opinions on cake, and this was a unanimous winner. We went to 5 different bakeries for tastings and it was easy to chose Gambino's!

2016-03-31T15:41:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us a review. We are so very happy that you were pleased with everything. We love you and your family!!! Thank you!!

Naked Wedding Cake & King Cake Extravaganza

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Alli K

Awesome job on giving us a delicious and beautiful "naked cake" that was exactly what we pictured. Sent some pictures of what we liked and they nailed it. Husband was dead set on having a King Cake for the Groom's Cake and the 5-tier, multi-flavor "extravaganza" was perfect.... Read More We barely got a slice! They are well known for a reason. Tried and true.

2016-01-21T17:43:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for taking time to write us a review! We are so happy that you were pleased with everything. We would love to see pictures from the wedding:) Please email pictures if you can to [email protected] Congratulations again!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Sarah F

Gambino's did a wonderful job on our wedding cake. They were very professional and easy to work with. Highly recommend their services.

Slice of heaven!

Reviewed on 6/01/2014 Damonika F

From the moment I got engaged I was excited about my wedding cake. It was wonderful. I got a different filling in each layer and made sure to get a larger cake so I could freeze some to eat after our honeymoon. Taking it out the freezer it taste just as good as the wedding day.

2016-06-11T11:30:08 Response from the vendor

Happy Belated anniversary!! Thank you again for all your kind words.

Reviewed on 3/24/2016 Rachel H

Groom's cake was smaller than expected but lovely. Easy company to work with!

2016-06-11T11:28:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your cake. I would need to know the type of groom's cake to find out what the serving size was. If you could email us at... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/01/2016 Jill B

Gambino's Bakery in Metarie prepared a beautifully decorated and fantastic tasting Wedding Cake for us. They included a cake tasting which allowed us to decide from a variety of flavors. We used a DoBerge cake which was half chocolate and half caramel for the groom's cake. It... Read More was divine. The delivery went without a hitch. This is a superior bakery!

2016-03-31T18:33:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much. We really appreciate hearing feedback from our brides and grooms. We are so happy that you were pleased with everything. Congratulations again!!

Reviewed on 3/08/2016 Melissa H

Angela and the staff at Gambino's were phenomenal to work with. We gave them a request to re-create the Miami Orange Bowl stadium for the groom's cake, and they exceeded our expectations with their enthusiasm to design the cake. The cake was so loved by everyone that not many... Read More pieces were left! I thoroughly recommend using Gambino's for any crazy cake idea your groom may have.

2016-03-31T16:14:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did. We love creating unique groom's cakes. Congratulations again!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2015

Amazing cake! This was, quite simply, the most delicious wedding cake I have ever had, and many guests have told me the same. It was beautiful and flavorful. Gambino's was easy to work with and the pricing was quite reasonable. They have a variety of delicious fillings to... Read More choose from. (My husband picked out caramel filling for the chocolate cake and it was quite a hit!). We had a small miscommunication with them over a minor detail, and Gambino's went above and beyond to take care of everything and make it right as soon as it was discovered. To me this speaks even more highly of them than the delicious cake itself. They really cared and were completely dedicated into making sure things were exactly what we wanted. The cake was amazing, the service was impeccable, and I would absolutely recommend them without reservation. Thank you Gambino's!

2016-01-26T16:27:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for taking time to write us a review. We really appreciate your business. It truly makes our team smile from ear to ear when we hear such wonderful comments. Thank you again!! Congratulations to the Newlyweds!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Alicia D

Delicious and beautiful! We got so many compliments on our grooms cake and wedding cake, they both turned out exactly how we envisioned and were told by multiple guests that they have never had a wedding cake that was so delicious! They delivered both cakes to our venue about an... Read More hour away and set it up exactly where we wanted, great service!

2016-01-21T17:47:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We are so happy that you were happy! It makes our entire team smile when we hear about our cakes. We really appreciate you taking time to write us a review. Best wishes!!

Even the Guy's Point of View

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

Groom from N.O. Bride from Texas! Met in middle, Lafayette! Knew Gambino's quality for years so was easy choice! Cake was great success with the Texas in-laws and crowd! Couldn't of had better especially for the price! Thank you Gambino's because you topped off a great... Read More wedding!

2016-01-21T17:46:09 Response from the vendor

Perfect compromise! Love it!! Thank you so kindly for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us such a lovely review. Best wishes for a happy and healthy married life!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Kayla B

The cake is delicious they did my wedding cake and the grooms cake and it all tasted amazing. My wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous however, I felt the grooms cake wasn't exactly had wanted, the shape of it wasn't consistent with the picture. I also felt their prices were... Read More higher then a lot of bakeries

2015-12-23T16:19:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review. We appreciate your business. I'm sorry that it wasn't exactly the correct shape. Did you let our manager know. Congratulations again!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

Everything was great!! Just a little too sweet.

2015-10-27T11:47:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. Yes, we do love sugar at our bakery:)

Delicious cake

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Rebekah S

The cake looked gorgeous and it tasted delicious. I will definitely be using this bakery again.

2015-10-27T11:47:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review. We really appreciate your trust in us. Congratulations again!

Wedding cake

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

Gambino did a fantastic job on both our wedding cake and groom's cake. It tasted great. The guest loved both cakes. They were very moist and the cakes were one of a kind... the cakes were delivered on time and set up beautifully... thanks Eli and your ladies did a great... Read More job!!!!

2015-09-22T17:49:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so kindly for taking time to write us a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed everything! What was the date of your wedding, please?

delicious cakes!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Lucy M

We used this vendor for both our wedding and groom's cakes, and they were very tasty!

2015-09-22T17:41:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review!! We certainly appreciate it! Congratulations again!!

One of the Best Parts of the Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Brittney P

I am usually not a fan of most cakes from others' weddings, so it was a priority to have a cake that both my husband and I would love. Gambino's was the second place I cake tested and I decided to look no further. On the wedding day, they exceeded my expectations...not only... Read More did it taste great, but it was affordable too. The wedding cake and groom's cake are still the topic of conversation when hearing feedback from guests. I cannot wait to unfreeze my anniversary cake!

2015-09-15T12:19:21 Response from the vendor

Awwwww, thank you!! That is music to our ears to hear that you enjoyed everything. Thank you very much for taking time to write us a review. Congratulations again!! Cheers, Jackie-Sue

Wonderful and beautiful cakes!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Lee D

We had such a great experience using Gambino's for our wedding cakes. The bridal cake was excellent and executed beautifully. Our grooms cake was so tasty! I would highly recommend them for the quality and prices for a wedding cake. Paul at the Gambino's in Baton Rouge was... Read More so easy to work with and extremely pleasant.

2015-09-15T12:17:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for taking time to write us such a lovely review. We appreciate your business and we are so happy that you were pleased with everything! Congratulations again!

S. Harris

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Sydne H

My husband and I could not have chose a better bakery for our wedding day. Neither one of us had never had Gambinos and we are both from Louisiana. I received a really awesome review from a fellow Gambino bride and how she fell madly in love with her cakes. We scheduled a cake... Read More testing with Gambinos in Lafayette and that was the only one we scheduled. We were so impressed by just the cake testing we had for breakfast. :) We ordered yellow cakes for our day however there are plenty choices to choose from. My cake was a 3 tier with cream cheese and pecan for one tier, rasberry on the other tier and lemon for the last tier. My husband's cake was lemon and pineapple. Our favorite was the cream cheese and pecan. We thought it was amazing and so did everyone else who called us days after the wedding asking where did we order our cake from. All of the workers were very helpful and our cake was designed just like we wanted it. Being that my husband is Active Duty military we really appreciated that Gambinos honors our soldiers. We no longer reside in the south, however I am from Lafayette and will make a visit to Gambinos every time we visit.

2015-09-14T16:34:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for such a sweet review. We really appreciate your business and we thank you for taking time to write us a review.

Bride and Grooms Cake

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Mallory D

Thank you Gambino's for the beautiful and delicious Bride + Groom cakes! They were perfect!

2015-09-14T16:28:57 Response from the vendor

We really appreciate you taking time to write us a review. So happy you were pleased with everything!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 MIRIAM A

I had what I thought was a difficult request... Make my king cake extravaganza look like donuts please!?!??? My fiancé loves donuts and is a cop and his grooms cake has to be hilarious! They delivered beyond my expectations! It was delicious and beautiful!

2015-09-14T16:27:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! It was our pleasure!! congratulations again!!

Great choice!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Courtney S

After looking around for the "perfect" wedding cake for the big day, we chose Gambino's and we couldn't be happier with our choice! It was scrumptious, beautiful, and arrived with not ONE hiccup. Thank you, Gambino's for taking away some of the stress on our big day!... Read More -Courtney

2015-09-14T16:26:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you Courtney for taking time to write us a review! We are so happy that you enjoyed everything. Congratulations again!!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Christina M

Gambino's exceeded all of my expectations. They were so pleasant and easy to work with when designing our wedding cake.They were open to anything I wanted as far as design goes, and our cake came out absolutely stunning. We received so many compliments on how delicious and moist... Read More our cake was from several guests. My husband also ordered his grooms cake from here and we were BLOWN AWAY. He found a picture online of a crawfish pot that was half LSU/half Saints design. When we saw the cake at the reception, we could not believe our eyes-it looked like something you see in a magazine! They even added some cute touches to the crawfish in the pot. We also had a "chocolate table" at our reception with goodies from Gambinos-rum balls, chocolate covered oreos, chocolate covered pretzels, and oreo truffle balls- AMAZING. Everything was so delicious!

2015-07-14T14:38:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for taking time to write us such a wonderful review. We love to help our bride's and groom's see their visions come true. I will share with our staff your review. They take a lot of pride in their work... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Brittany L

I had a great experience working with Gambino's Bakery. From the moment I walked into Gambino's, everything was so easy. I worked with Mrs. Jackie-Sue, and she was amazing! She listened to all of my ideas and concerns about our wedding cake, and she was very patient with me... Read More which was a big deal because I can be indecisive at times! She also gave me recommendations for what would work best with our cake and design. Mrs. Jackie-Sue helped to customize our wedding cake to be exactly how I wanted it to be. She even sketched out the design to give to the cake designer. She also helped to customize my husband's groom's cake, too. It was a cake they had never done before, and her ideas were awesome. Both of the cakes exceeded our expectations! Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful, and the groom's cake was a huge hit!! The best part about it all is that once I left the appointment, I did not have to worry about anything else for the cakes. We can't thank Gambino's and Mrs. Jackie-Sue enough. I highly recommend them to anyone for all of your wedding needs! Thank you again Gambino's for everything!

2015-07-14T14:34:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for such a lovely review. Helping you and your groom was our pleasure! We appreciate you selecting Gambino's Bakery to make your cakes. Our entire staff appreciates your review. We work very hard to make sure all our Brides and... Read Less Read More

Moist and delicious red velvet

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Shauntae C

I did not have time for a cake tasting, but this red velvet was delicious!!! I sent a picture of my design and color swatch by mail. The cake looked perfect and it was affordable. Jackie Sue took our order. She was easy to work with and the cake arrived at the venue the night... Read More before. I would order more cakes from there if we lived in town. Thanks!!

2015-07-14T14:31:28 Response from the vendor

I am so excited that you were happy with everything! It makes our hearts sing when our brides are so happy:))) Congratulations again on your marriage!! Thank you for taking time to write us a review, too.