New Orleans World Famous Bakery

Gambino's Bakery, based in the Greater New Orleans area, has been baking memories for generations. Founded over sixty years ago by Joe Gambino, the family owned bakery continues to use the finest ingredients to create custom designed wedding and groom's cakes. Call us today to book a tasting!

Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

4821 Veterans Memorial Blvd., New Orleans, LA

Wedding Pie!

Reviewed on 3/26/2015

Gambinos helped us put together a wedding pie table on Pi Day (3.14.15!). From start to finish, they were super to work with. Jackie-Sue helped us with a pie tasting, and was super responsive to all of my questions and ideas over email. They handled our wedding with care, and... Read More were incredibly friendly and helpful. To top it off, EVERYONE raved about the pies at the wedding, they were a huge hit! Especially the Bourbon Pecan and Chocolate Pecan. I would highly recommend Gambinos to anyone!

2015-05-30T10:04:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much!!! We appreciate your business. We LOVED your idea of the Pie Bar for your wedding on 3-14-15. It was our pleasure! Thank you

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Brittany L

I had a great experience working with Gambino's Bakery. From the moment I walked into Gambino's, everything was so easy. I worked with Mrs. Jackie-Sue, and she was amazing! She listened to all of my ideas and concerns about our wedding cake, and she was very patient with me... Read More which was a big deal because I can be indecisive at times! She also gave me recommendations for what would work best with our cake and design. Mrs. Jackie-Sue helped to customize our wedding cake to be exactly how I wanted it to be. She even sketched out the design to give to the cake designer. She also helped to customize my husband's groom's cake, too. It was a cake they had never done before, and her ideas were awesome. Both of the cakes exceeded our expectations! Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful, and the groom's cake was a huge hit!! The best part about it all is that once I left the appointment, I did not have to worry about anything else for the cakes. We can't thank Gambino's and Mrs. Jackie-Sue enough. I highly recommend them to anyone for all of your wedding needs! Thank you again Gambino's for everything!

2015-07-14T14:34:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for such a lovely review. Helping you and your groom was our pleasure! We appreciate you selecting Gambino's Bakery to make your cakes. Our entire staff appreciates your review. We work very hard to make sure all our Brides and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Christina M

Gambino's exceeded all of my expectations. They were so pleasant and easy to work with when designing our wedding cake.They were open to anything I wanted as far as design goes, and our cake came out absolutely stunning. We received so many compliments on how delicious and moist... Read More our cake was from several guests. My husband also ordered his grooms cake from here and we were BLOWN AWAY. He found a picture online of a crawfish pot that was half LSU/half Saints design. When we saw the cake at the reception, we could not believe our eyes-it looked like something you see in a magazine! They even added some cute touches to the crawfish in the pot. We also had a "chocolate table" at our reception with goodies from Gambinos-rum balls, chocolate covered oreos, chocolate covered pretzels, and oreo truffle balls- AMAZING. Everything was so delicious!

2015-07-14T14:38:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for taking time to write us such a wonderful review. We love to help our bride's and groom's see their visions come true. I will share with our staff your review. They take a lot of pride in their work... Read Less Read More

Even the Guy's Point of View

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

Groom from N.O. Bride from Texas! Met in middle, Lafayette! Knew Gambino's quality for years so was easy choice! Cake was great success with the Texas in-laws and crowd! Couldn't of had better especially for the price! Thank you Gambino's because you topped off a great... Read More wedding!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Alicia D

Delicious and beautiful! We got so many compliments on our grooms cake and wedding cake, they both turned out exactly how we envisioned and were told by multiple guests that they have never had a wedding cake that was so delicious! They delivered both cakes to our venue about an... Read More hour away and set it up exactly where we wanted, great service!

Wedding cake

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

Gambino did a fantastic job on both our wedding cake and groom's cake. It tasted great. The guest loved both cakes. They were very moist and the cakes were one of a kind... the cakes were delivered on time and set up beautifully... thanks Eli and your ladies did a great... Read More job!!!!

2015-09-22T17:49:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so kindly for taking time to write us a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed everything! What was the date of your wedding, please?

S. Harris

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Sydne H

My husband and I could not have chose a better bakery for our wedding day. Neither one of us had never had Gambinos and we are both from Louisiana. I received a really awesome review from a fellow Gambino bride and how she fell madly in love with her cakes. We scheduled a cake... Read More testing with Gambinos in Lafayette and that was the only one we scheduled. We were so impressed by just the cake testing we had for breakfast. :) We ordered yellow cakes for our day however there are plenty choices to choose from. My cake was a 3 tier with cream cheese and pecan for one tier, rasberry on the other tier and lemon for the last tier. My husband's cake was lemon and pineapple. Our favorite was the cream cheese and pecan. We thought it was amazing and so did everyone else who called us days after the wedding asking where did we order our cake from. All of the workers were very helpful and our cake was designed just like we wanted it. Being that my husband is Active Duty military we really appreciated that Gambinos honors our soldiers. We no longer reside in the south, however I am from Lafayette and will make a visit to Gambinos every time we visit.

2015-09-14T16:34:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for such a sweet review. We really appreciate your business and we thank you for taking time to write us a review.

Bride and Grooms Cake

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Mallory D

Thank you Gambino's for the beautiful and delicious Bride + Groom cakes! They were perfect!

2015-09-14T16:28:57 Response from the vendor

We really appreciate you taking time to write us a review. So happy you were pleased with everything!

Great choice!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Courtney S

After looking around for the "perfect" wedding cake for the big day, we chose Gambino's and we couldn't be happier with our choice! It was scrumptious, beautiful, and arrived with not ONE hiccup. Thank you, Gambino's for taking away some of the stress on our big day!... Read More -Courtney

2015-09-14T16:26:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you Courtney for taking time to write us a review! We are so happy that you enjoyed everything. Congratulations again!!!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 MIRIAM A

I had what I thought was a difficult request... Make my king cake extravaganza look like donuts please!?!??? My fiancé loves donuts and is a cop and his grooms cake has to be hilarious! They delivered beyond my expectations! It was delicious and beautiful!

2015-09-14T16:27:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! It was our pleasure!! congratulations again!!

Moist and delicious red velvet

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Shauntae C

I did not have time for a cake tasting, but this red velvet was delicious!!! I sent a picture of my design and color swatch by mail. The cake looked perfect and it was affordable. Jackie Sue took our order. She was easy to work with and the cake arrived at the venue the night... Read More before. I would order more cakes from there if we lived in town. Thanks!!

2015-07-14T14:31:28 Response from the vendor

I am so excited that you were happy with everything! It makes our hearts sing when our brides are so happy:))) Congratulations again on your marriage!! Thank you for taking time to write us a review, too.

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Kevyn P

Everyone raved how delicious the cake was. They captured exactly what my groom wanted for his cake.

2015-05-30T10:11:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for writing us a review!!! We really appreciate you taking time to write us a review! Thank you so much!!

Fantastic groom's cake

Reviewed on 4/24/2015

We got our groom's cake - a four-tiered king cake - from Gambino's. The king cake was excellent, extremely flavorful and moist. The presentation was festive and eye-catching. Gambino's was a pleasure to work with. I'd definitely use them again for cake needs.

2015-05-30T10:09:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much!! We appreciate you taking time to write us a review:) Congratulations again!!!

Red velvet wedding cake!

Reviewed on 3/25/2015 Mary M

Gambino's did an amazing job taking pictures that I brought, and making our cake look just like them! The worked with us on our budget, since Chateau does a cake credit through them. The cake tasted amazing, and it looked beautiful.

2015-03-26T18:31:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much!! It makes us so happy when you are happy:) We really appreciate you taking time to write us a review. Congratulations again!!

Perfect result!

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Laura K

Gambino's made my wedding cake (200 guests). I was thrilled with the result. We did have to follow up several times to make sure all instructions were correct. However, they delivered EXACTLY what I wanted, at the exact time they promised. This was greatly appreciated by this... Read More self-planner. I recommend using Gambino's if you want a delicious cake for a large number of guests. They did not disappoint.

2015-05-30T10:13:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We are so happy when our customers are happy:)) Thank you!! Congratulations again!!

Butterfly wedding cake

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Marcy V

Gambino's bakery was very friendly from the first day we stepped in to taste test. We had chose to buy our wedding cake and grooms cake from them. Both cakes were so delicious and exactly what we wanted and more. I am glad I trusted Gambino's because they surely do know exactly... Read More what they are doing. Plus I am a cheapskate and i was extremely empressed with there prices!!! I would highly recommend them. Marcy & Adam Wedding date: November 7, 2014

2015-05-30T10:14:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you Marcy and Adam for your kind words!! We appreciate you taking time to write us a review. Congratulations again!!

Grooms Cake

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Jennifer D

The grooms cake was a hit!!! It was identical to the picture that I gave them and it was absolutely delicious!!!!!! Thanks for being a part of our wedding! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

2015-05-30T10:15:31 Response from the vendor

Our pleasure!! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We certainly appreciate your kindness.

Gambino's bakery

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Awesome cakes, and friendly service. I will never order a cake from anywhere else.

2015-03-26T18:25:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review!! We really appreciate your business.

Dream Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Amanda K

Working with Jackie-Sue at Gambino's was an absolute pleasure! I had a vision and numerous pictures of what I wanted for my wedding cake. She was able to pull all of those ideas together and create my dream wedding cake! Along with being perfect, it was also delicious! Not only... Read More did she create my vision, she created the perfect groom’s cake for my husband. Again, I had several ideas I wanted incorporated into the cake to encompass all of his favorite hobbies. At our reception, he and I were both so in love with our cakes. My husband couldn’t believe the detail and thought that went into his cake! I recommend Gambino’s to all future brides! They truly make you feel like family and you are their most important bride! -Amanda Messina

2015-05-30T10:01:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review. We sincerely appreciate your kind words. Happy First Anniversary!!

Love Gambino's!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 julia b

I have been a Gambino's fan for years, always making sure to stop in at least once every time I'm in New Orleans, usually for a King Cake during Mardi Gras or a Doberge cake (just because!). So it was a no-brainer when we decided to do a destination wedding in New Orleans that... Read More we would have a Gambino's wedding cake. Since i was an out-of-town Bride everything was coordinated seamlessly via email including choosing the cake design and flavors. We went with the three-tiered "Southern Oaks" design with different flavors for each tier. It was beautiful and delicious! Gambino's and the venue handled...well handling, delivery, and everything. Not one ounce of stress involved (not even for my Italian mother!) and everything came out perfect. Jackie-sue and the cake team even created a custom groom's cake, the T.A.R.D.I.S. from the TV Show Doctor Who, which turned out so amazingly well, not only was it delicious (chocolate chocolate chocolate!), but it was super tall, and included every detail on the outside of the TARDIS, including the poster and writing. I was ASTOUNDED that it held its form for hours in New Orleans summer humidity. Both cakes were true masterpieces and i would DEFINITELY recommend! Thanks so much to Gambinos!

2015-05-30T09:58:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the kind words!! We really appreciate you choosing Gambino's Bakery:) Congratulations again!

Wedding and grooms cake!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Jourdan T

I could not have been happier with my Wedding Cake and Groom’s cake. Both cakes were exactly what I had expected. The wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! The groom’s cake was decorated to perfection and the ½ caramel , ½ chocolate doberge was a favorite for my guests. I... Read More had so many compliments about how delicious the cakes were. I could not have been happier. They are very professional and provide what you ask for. I would definitely recommend Gambino’s for Wedding and Grooms cakes.

2015-05-30T09:57:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for your kind words! We appreciate your business! Happy First Anniversary!!!!

Delicious Cakes & Desserts!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Lauren M

Gambino's has been around for so long and it's for a reason...they are the best! They make such a large variety of delicious cakes and dessert for great prices!

2015-05-30T10:16:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you!! We appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to write us a review!! Congratulations again!!

Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Mika Y

We ordered a wedding cake, a groom's cake, and cupcakes for our wedding and not only did it taste delicious but they were GORGEOUS! Everything was beyond my expectations. We received so many compliments on all 3 and had a lot of people take cake home with them. I would... Read More definitely recommend this bakery!

2015-07-09T18:16:40 Response from the vendor

Congratulations again!! We really appreciate you taking time to let us know how everything went with your cakes. We are so thrilled that you loved everything. Thank you sooooo much!

I love their cakes

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Carrie F

I grew up on Gamino birthday cakes. The bakery was the preferred vendor with our catering venue. The price of the bride's cake was included in our catering price and we paid for the groom's cake. We gave them directions for both cakes and they turned out just the way we... Read More wanted. People still are talking about how good the cakes were. I'm glad we used them.

2014-09-01T15:55:31 Response from the vendor

Congratulations again on your wedding:) We are so happy that you selected Gambino's Bakery to create your wedding and groom's cakes. We feel very honored to have you as a lifetime customer. Thank you so very much for taking time to write a review! We... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Keston L

From cake tasting to the final product Gambino's was extremely friendly and accommodating! They worked with me when my fiance' couldn't make the cake tasting ... they had a tasting to go!! Their prices were very reasonable, middle of the road from the most expensive bakery in... Read More town to the local bakery department at local grocery stores. Once our decision was made to go with Gambino's, they were very nice when going over what I wanted, colors, designs etc. The finished product looked BEAUTIFUL and tasted WONDERFUL! It's two months later and I'm still getting great reviews from wedding guests about how delicious the cake was!

2015-07-14T10:01:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so kindly for taking time to write us a review! We appreciate your business and we love when our brides our happy:)) Congratulations again!!!