Elegantly Everyone…wedding & prom dresses

Serving the Wasatch Front for over 10 years offering wedding dresses, prom dresses, bridesmaids dresses, and wedding invitations. Make your appointment today with one of our professional Bridal Consultants to visit the premier formalwear showroom in Salt Lake City.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Fashion

178 South Rio Grande St, Salt Lake City, UT

Perfect!

Reviewed on 5/11/2014 Kim J

Got my dress quickly and it was everything I wanted it to be. The free steam and spot cleaning made it all even better

Great Experience

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Adrienne L

Gateway Bridal was the first place I went dress shopping for my wedding dress. I left there feeling super excited about dress shopping, the staff was friendly and helpful, the consultant made my feel like a priority! When it came time to decide on a dress and purchase one, I was... Read More happy to give my business to Gateway Bridal because they gave me an experience that no other dress store had- they made dress shopping fun!

Love!

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Lexi F

Loved this place found my dream dress!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Sarah A

I had planned on shopping in Boston where I live and just bringing the gown before the wedding in Salt Lake. Making an appointment just for fun with my mom and bridesmaids, I ended up buying the 3rd dress I tried on. Absolutely beautiful dress and in my price range. The staff... Read More was very friendly. The dress arrived exactly when they said they would though I had to call in to see if it was there. Only 2 things stood out to me as a bit "off" when I tried on the dress they had offered a corset type thing and it didn't fit quite right in the cup and so I had my bra on with my dress. Bra and corset thing on underneath. This must have affected the sizing and fit. When I got to my own alterations lady she was like "what! You don't need that! It will fit much better and smoother without a bra or anything since it has wiring." She was right and it was way more comfortable. The other thing was we had to order 2 sizes up- I was a 16 up top and 12 below- and was instructed that it wouldn't affect the length. When I got it, it was huge and so long I had to spend an extra $1000 to get hemmed due to the lace features. That was not in my budget but my alterations lady did a beautiful job. I would recommend Gateaay bridsl but be very careful and clear with sizing!

They made wedding dress shopping comfortable

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Tanya F

I was very nervous about gown shopping as I'm a bigger size. I thought I'd have to settle for a gown that fit the best and not my dream come true. I was wrong! The staff was amazing! They sat down with me to find out who I was and what dress I'd always dreamed of. They... Read More brought out the ones that I would have picked and everything fit! But then they brought out the wedding dress I'd dreamed of since I was a little girl. It was exactly what I pictured. I cried and I knew it was my dress. They only had one in store and it was too big (that was new!) so they ordered one in for me. It was so hard waiting, but SO worth it. They made my experience not only positive, but made my wish come true. My husband couldn't speak when he first saw me in my wedding dress, and it made my whole existence perfect.

Wedding

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Emily C

I found my dress there and I loved it!!! When I first went to try on dresses I had an amazing consultant, but the second time I went (with my mom and mom-in-law) I had a different consultant and she was awful. She rushed my appointment, even though we got done with 25 mins to... Read More spare and she could hardly pin my dress well. It is not that hard to squeeze the clamps and tighten my dress so that it doesn't drown me. My mom and mom-in-law could not see why I liked the dress, and the consultant was useless. Other then that the dress was great and I was happy, just not with that consultant. Wish I could remember her name...

Beautiful dresses, rude service

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Sarah L

The dresses in the shop are amazing and beautiful. They have a wide variety and range to chose from online as well. The staff is not very helpful and rude. They can never get your dress in on time and plan on going there if you have 4 months or more before the wedding.

Awesome

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Alea C

Very very easy to deal with, I came in like 3 or so times before I bought my dress and every time they were sooo nice. I even came in after I had bought my dress to look at veils and get ideas, and my dress was in the sample sale and they let me put it back on and try on veils... Read More to my hearts content. Seriously great to work with, and Victoria was awesome.

Lauren Rocks!

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 McKensey D

I loved working with Lauren here! She was happy and helpful, and made sure I got what I needed when I needed it. I found the dress I loved here, when I thought it could only be found at another store who couldn't get me the modest fit I needed in the style I wanted. Gateway... Read More had the dress and had good working relationships with the designers in ordering modest fits. I got just what I wanted! Lauren Rocks!!

Great

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 Noelle S

I bought a dress for a high school dance here as well as my wedding dress. They were very helpful.

Good selection, great staff.

Reviewed on 9/30/2012 Brooke L

they really make you feel special and take there time with you. Great dress selection. The set up of the shop was so cute and fun as well!

Dress was beautiful

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Calli W

They were very kind to me on the phone while I was making my appointment. They were also kind while I was in the shop. While I was shopping, I felt really rushed. There wasn't anyone else in the shop, but I felt like my consultant was really trying to rush me. I was only there... Read More for about an hour in all. When I found the dress that I wanted, she took my measurements. I was in between sizes, but she told me if I ordered the smaller size, I would be fine. When I got the dress, it was much to small for me, and this was even after I had lost about 10 pounds after I had originally bought it. There was no bussle, and no alterations to fit me. I had to find someone to do all of my alterations. The dress was absolutely beautiful and I loved it. It was also the most delicate thing I have ever dealt with. Beads would fall off of it even when nothing was touching it. It was as if the beads hadn't been completely sewed on. The pickups also came out very easily. I loved my dress, but I felt that the quality of it was not worth the money that I paid for it.

Great!

Reviewed on 8/20/2012 Audrea E

I love my dress! It is the closest I could get to my dream dress!

great selection

Reviewed on 7/08/2012 sonali r

i liked the many dresses they had, as well as the accesories, altough they were a bit expensive. the downside with this specific store was that you had to order your dress with at least 2 months in advance and some brides just dont have that long

Gateway Bridal

Reviewed on 4/13/2012 Erica S

Gateway bridal had exactly what I was looking for and that price range fit our budge.

Good selection

Reviewed on 3/18/2012 Sarah R

They had a good selection, but I felt a little pressured to buy, didn't end up buying from them and found something else. Happy with my purchase. Okay selection but pushy sales.

Beautiful Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 2/17/2012 Nicole H

I loved my wedding dress. Many people commented on how beautiful it was. The only problem is that they do not do alterations. My dress was a good fit but the shoulders were too big. The person who altered my dress said that the beading is some of the best beading that she... Read More has seen. They said we would need to put a rush on the dress paying an extra $100 to get the dress in 3 weeks before the wedding date. We did it and ended up getting the dress about 7 weeks in advance, not sure if it is a ploy to get more money or if it is a true rush. My mom and sister were more help than the consultant but it is an alright experience.

Beautiful Dresses

Reviewed on 12/14/2011 Maggie B

They had a pretty good selection of beautiful, modest dresses. But they were kind of pricey - I ended up spending about $500 more than I originally expected. Also don't have a variety of sizes (at least from what I experienced) so it was hard to know what to order. luckily it... Read More fit perfectly! My consultant was very helpful and had good opinions.

They were Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Megan F

I ended up liking several dresses at a few different stores. It was a hard decision to make, but a huge factor was the customer service and atmosphere at Gateway Bridal. I ended up getting my dress there and I LOVE it! The consultants were so helpful and not pushy at all. She... Read More would make suggestions about accessories and listened to what I was feeling and wanting. They gave me the assurance that my dress would be in on time and that they would work to get it here. I would definitely recommend getting your dress here!

Gown

Reviewed on 11/13/2011 Hillary H

I found a beautiful dress here, and ordered my flower girls dress as well. I specifically asked for some boning to be left out as we paid for them to design the dress to my body. They left the boning in, but did pay for it to be tailored after. They lost the flower girl... Read More measurements then didn't order the dress for about 2 months after they said they would, they did pay for the rush on the flower girl however. So overall kind of a forgetful bunch and it's hard to say whether certain things were their fault but they did correct their mistakes.

Not a fan

Reviewed on 9/12/2011 Ashley B

The shop is very beautiful and their dresses are gorgeous but way over priced. We went in without an appointment cause we just wanted to look around and the receptionist ignored us for a few minutes, then was irritated with us that we were there without an appointment. She... Read More pointed out the dresses to us and said that we will not have any help cause we don't have an appointment. We looked around for about 5 minutes and the dresses were beautiful but extremely overpriced. I would not recommend this to any friends.

Found my dress here from great selection

Reviewed on 8/25/2011 chalsea s

I loved these guys! They had a great selection of dresses that I liked and ended up needing to choose between a couple. I was able to make changes to my dress (corset back and change the beading a bit) to make it exactly what I wanted. You do need at least 12 weeks to order the... Read More dress and you still end up needing to rush it. You really need like 15 weeks. I had a sales person assigned to me, but she didn't hover. She allowed my family to help me dress and go through my selections. I didn't feel any pressure there whatsoever. My dress arrived right on time as well. They don't do alterations, but they suggest people who can do that for you. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to buy a dress. They also provided my MIL with a swatch for bridesmaid dresses and were very helpful.

July Bride

Reviewed on 8/05/2011 Emily S

I loved my dress!! And loved my shopping experience at Gateway Bridal and Prom. They treated me so well. They gave a bunch of fun coupon and a free bride t shirt with my dress!

Completely Ignored

Reviewed on 7/27/2011 Jaimee H

I did preshopping with my sister, when I told the consultant that I wasn't going to be buying that day, I was dropped like a fly. When I went to ask her a question she acted like I was not there. HORRIBLE

Perfect Dress and great customer service!

Reviewed on 7/27/2011 Andrea E

I went looking for a completely different dress. My sales girl was soo great- she listened to my concerns and MADE me try on a dress that I totally hated on the hanger. However, when I put it on, it was perfect. I am so glad I went here- they were great to work with and they... Read More listened to my needs. They let me stay in the dress as long as I wanted and always treated me like a princess.