Gateway Clipper Fleet

Pittsburgh, PA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Weddings with a Splash!

Romance comes alive on the three rivers. Enjoy a picturesque view of the city skyline as you celebrate your most memorable day aboard the Gateway Clipper Fleet. We promise you a most elegant and truly unique affair, perfect in every way.

Guest Capacity

Waterfront, Cruise

350 W Station Square Drive, Pittsburgh, PA

Reviewed on 6/17/2015

My daughter recently got married on the Gateway Clipper and it was FANTASTIC! The wedding planner, Steve Anderson was knowledgeable and great to work with. Price is very reasonable and includes many top notch items, and it's the best way to show off the city. Food was excellent!... Read More All of our guests had a wonderful time and remarked on how great this venue was. HIGHLY recommend!

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/25/2014

My husband and I recently had our wedding/reception on The Queen. Hannah was our coordinator and her and the entire staff were so professional and a lot of fun. We were shocked at how much was included in the price. Being the youngest of 4, my parents have been through many... Read More weddings and this was by far the least expensive but most fun! It was classy and elegant. Our wedding was in Sept and our family and friends are still talking about it being the best they've ever attended. Seriously, look no further. Our wedding was everything we dreamed it would be and more mostly in part due to Hannah and the Gateway Clipper staff. They made sure everything went smoothly. We would do it all over again if we could!

Wedding on a boat

Reviewed on 11/06/2014

Let me start this by saying Steve Anderson was/is the best! We lived out of state and only came to see the boat once about a month before the wedding. We went by word of mouth to book the venue. I was beyond pleased with Steve and the staff at the Gateway Clipper. I felt... Read More completely at ease with everything and I trusted them 100%. I knew we were in good hands. The wedding itself was directed by Ashley and she was awesome! My husband kept (and keeps) praising the attentiveness of all the staff aboard the boat. Very detail oriented and make you and your day top priority. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Melissa N

We had the most amazing time and experience with the Gateway Clipper. We had both our Ceremony and Reception and it was just amazing, even with the weather! They had a backup plan and it turned out just wonderfully. When we met with them, we were introduced to Steve... Read More Anderson, and he was just great! He was very knowledgeable, kind, patient and extremely helpful. Any questions or concerns, he was there every step of the way! We as well as the Gateway Clipper were and are so very lucky to have had him there to help! The rest of the staff was just as helpful and kind to us and or guests. There was never a time when we were disappointed, upset or concerned. When it rained the day of the wedding, Steve called and asked what we would like to do, and when we decided to move it inside the boat, without hesitation, the whole crew made it happen and it turned out amazing! I strongly recommend the Gateway Clipper for your ceremony and or reception or for any party or event for that matter!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Lisa M

I’ve never heard a bride say that her wedding was perfect and wouldn’t change anything, but thanks to the Gateway Clipper, two brides got to say just that! The Clipper was the perfect venue for us! In addition to a fantastic view of the city and the water (hello breathtaking... Read More photos!), the crew and staff were amazing. The events manager, Hannah, met with us several times prior to the wedding and always answered our questions and put us at ease. Always organized and accommodating, she made us feel like the only couple she was working with. A day-of coordinator, wedding archway, the DJ, linens, chair sashes, and the cake from Bethel Bakery were included (in addition to food and beverage, of course). The Clipper included a rehearsal the day before and everyone was very organized and on-point with their questions to make sure the next day would be the way we wanted it. On our wedding day, the bridal suite overlooked the fleet and the river, which made the anticipation of waiting for everything to start even better. Every single member of the crew went out of their way to make our day perfect. Our day-of coordinator, Tess, and head bartender, Scott, even handled a sticky situation with unwanted guests, and did so with poise and grace—we didn’t find out until days later. Scott also made sure that we never saw the bottom of our drink glasses no matter where we were on the boat! We felt like royalty. We had the wedding on the Princess vessel, which is one of the smaller and more intimate boats, and still had plenty of space for our 70 guests (we could have had twice as many without any problem). The ceremony took place in front of the Point, and our captain made sure that our vessel didn’t drift away so that all our pictures have the gorgeous fountain and skyline in the background. There was microphone for the ceremony so our guests could hear every word, too. From start to finish, having our wedding on the river made it magical. We were thrilled with the reception, too. Our guests commented on the excellent food, the selection of entrees, the well-poured drinks, and more. The atmosphere was elegant but relaxed, and everything was just beautiful. As a same-sex couple, we were a little apprehensive as we planned our wedding, but it couldn’t have been more of a non-issue. We didn’t feel like we were having a “gay” wedding, the Clipper just made it a perfect wedding. We can honestly say we wouldn’t have changed a thing! Kudos and much to the Gateway Clipper for making our day truly memorable.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Marissa S

We only had our wedding ceremony on the Clipper, but our guests absolutely loved it! They got an incredible view of the city of Pittsburgh while getting to participate in our special day. The entire staff at the Gateway Clipper was wonderful to work with throughout the entire... Read More wedding planning process! They were all so friendly, helpful and willing to do whatever it took to make my wedding day absolutely perfect! They were very flexible in allowing us to decorate however we wanted, as we had a very distinct vision. They also worked with us to make it enjoyable for our guests by opening up the bar after the ceremony and sailing the Allegheny while we took pictures on the top deck. Again, they made our dream wedding become a reality and I am so glad that we had our wedding ceremony on the Gateway Clipper! I would absolutely recommend this is a wedding venue to anyone looking for something different!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Lori W

Just had our wedding on the Princess, only way to describe it was the best night of our lives. The staff was awesome and Steve Anderson was amazing!

Beautiful and elegant fun

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Marissa G

My husband and I wanted to do something different, and were so excited when we found out Gateway Clipper did wedding receptions. The total cost mentioned was after taxes, for 100 people, and covered food, open bar, DJ (who was awesome), all linens and tableware, wedding cake,... Read More etc details which all came with our package. Our wedding coordinator was always very quick to help us and answered all of our questions. The staff set up the boat exactly as we asked on the wedding day. And that day-wow the reception was gorgeous. The views of the city from the outside deck were amazing as well. All of our guests had a great time and loved that we did something different! We would relive it if we could!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Stacy K

We held our wedding reception on the Empress vessel. It was the perfect unique venue for us to show off the city to our guests from out of town. It is also so conveniently located! We blocked off rooms at the Sheridan so our guests from out of town were able to easily fly in,... Read More take a cab to Station Square and have everything they needed as far as food and entertainment within walking distance. The convenience was also very beneficial after the reception when we went out with our guests for a few more drinks. Our guest list was about 200 so it was also important for us to have a large dance floor, but also to have things to do for guests who do not dance. I don’t mean to brag, but so many of our guests that that this was the best wedding reception that had been to. It was just such a fun venue! You also do not have to worry about decorating too much as you would with a cookie cutter wedding venue because the view is so spectacular. Steve Anderson worked with us each step of the way, and was always available and friendly to help with any questions or issues we had. Our packaged included Steve’s services as our event planner, a DJ (who was great by the way) from First Class Entertainment, a cake (we chose Lincoln Bakery, but Bethel Bakery is also an option), chair covers and bows, open bar, a champagne toast, cocktail hour h’orderves and dinner. Everything in the package was good quality and it was nice having a one stop shop so to speak. As someone who did not hire a wedding planner and did everything myself, it helped to have everything going through the Gateway Clipper. Both my husband and I highly recommend choosing the Gateway Clipper for your event and all of our guests would agree!

Fun Times and Great Memories with Family and Friends.

Reviewed on 2/02/2015

My husband Justin Walker and I chose the Gateway Clipper for our wedding ceremony and reception. Their attention to detail was beyond exceptional. Steve Anderson is hands down the best wedding planner there is. He is a wonderful caring and easy-going individual to work with and... Read More made sure our experience was stress free. He is a great asset to the Gateway Clipper. The setup and venue was absolutely breathtaking and very beautiful. Food was delicious and the cake was phenomenal. DJ Cha-Che with First Class Entertainment kept the party live and had everyone dancing the entire time. He was fun and caring. The boat was beautiful and the staff was excellent and made sure we had the time of our life. All of our guests had a wonderful time. It truly is a unique and memorable event that we will cherish forever. We would definitely recommend the Gateway Clipper for any future event or even just a night out on the town!!

Wedding reception

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Lindsey P

Awesome food! Very helpful people! If something isn't going right they did something to make it right! Very fun and different! Guests will love!

Wonderful, Unique, All Inclusive Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Toni W

I recently held my wedding reception on the Gateway Clipper's Princess. I planned the wedding in a very short amount of time and was impressed with how Steve and the rest of the staff were able to pull things together so quickly and accurately. I enjoyed working with Steve and... Read More was beyond pleased with the reception. One of the items that made the night particularly fun and memorable was the photo booth. I have so many fun pictures of each of my wedding guests - and they also had a lot of fun taking them (at times, there was a line!). I highly recommend. My cake from Bethel Bakery was beautiful and delicious - again, I highly recommend. Kudos to the team at the Gateway Clipper for a job very well done!

Great One-Stop-Shopping Reception Venue

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Rebecca A

The Gateway Clipper was a great find for our reception. They provided everything we needed for a wonderful stress-free party: food, bar service, waitstaff, tables and linens, DJ (Todd from First Class Entertainment), cake (from Bethel Bakery- AMAZING!), a hotel for the newlywed... Read More couple at the Sheraton in Station Square, and a team of knowledgeable planners to help the day go smoothly. The food was great and we were able to try everything at a tasting beforehand and customize our menu. Our guests had a great time and we had a beautiful evening on the rivers. We would definitely recommend this vendor to anyone in Pittsburgh.

It was wonderful

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Ellen a

When we originally planned our wedding, we had started working with one employee, however about nine months away from our date, the employee was let go. After she was gone, Hannah took over and did a wonderful job! She came in and introduced herself and ensured everything was... Read More perfect for our wedding day. The reason I chose the Gateway Clipper was because of the value. There are so many items included in the package and it is truly worry free since you do not have to worry about coordinating vendors. I have already recommended the GCF to another friend. They made my wedding day very special!

Wedding Dream

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Katie K

My husband and I really enjoyed our special day on the Gateway Clipper Fleet. Steve Anderson, our wedding planner was beyond the best thing that could have happened to us. He truly cared about making our day, our day! Not only did he plan our wedding with us, he spent the day of... Read More our wedding decorating and running around making sure we were taken care of. Our guests loved the view of the city and thought the idea of the boat was very unique. The food was amazing, the service was wonderful and the crew was fabulous. We also enjoyed our DJ-he made sure we stayed on schedule and ensured we had a blast. We loved it and would recommend the Gateway Clipper Fleet to everyone who loves the city of Pittsburgh! Best wishes!

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Jess R

Our "wedding planner" was changed 3 times with in the 9 months dealing with them and on our actual wedding day the last wedding planner wasn't even there since it was a Saturday. We almost didn't have a stop to the dock after dinner for the priest and grandparents to get off... Read More because the info wasn't passed onto the girl that was helping us that day and from the beginning we had told them we wanted that stop after dinner. Every time they changed planners the information was clearly not passed along to the next correctly. There was no communication between any of the office workers at all. As for the staff on the boat the day of the wedding they we're so wonderful! Very professional! They did set up everything exactly the way I wanted and everyone there was very professional, they just lack in communication skills.

[email protected]

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Tracy G

If you want a wedding that keeps your guests talking for weeks afterwards, usually using the phrase, "Best wedding I have ever attended..." then book the Gateway Clipper fleet. My husband and I had our wedding on the Princess and it was beyond even my biggest dreams. When I... Read More walked on that boat and saw it decorated, it took my breath away. We had our service and reception on the boat and we got married on a Sunday--Sundays are discounted, so we were able to provide our guests with the best package offered because of the discount. The package includes your cake and dj service, as well as a night stay at the Sheraton Station Square, so it really is budget friendly. Our wedding planner, Joanna, was amazing. She answered all of our emails, phone calls, etc, in a very timely manner, and was up for all of our crazy suggestions. The only "negative" that my husband and I agreed on after the wedding--we should have paid for more time on the boat. We were booked for 5 hours and between boarding, the service, dinner, etc, it went way too fast. Another 1 1/2 would have been perfect. I know it was my wedding and I know that all brides feel the same, but I had the best wedding ever. I can't imagine anyone having a more perfect wedding than my husband and I--and our guests agree with that statement. Our goal was to have the best celebration ever--Mission Accomplished! Thank you Gateway Clipper Fleet and Joanna!!!

We had a great time!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Laura Z

The Gateway Clipper was a really unique opportunity for a wedding reception. We had a fantastic time! The Clipper let us depart from the Convention Center rather than Station Square, which was very convenient. We loved the food, the DJ, the cake, and even though some guests... Read More went to the wrong dock, the Clipper went and got them! We loved the attention to detail in the entire reception, and the great way the atmosphere was handled. The staff were scarce unless needed, and they managed everything well. The only issues were with the Gateway Clipper planning staff themselves. We went through three planners since Sept. 2013 to our wedding in Sept. 2014--and not through "bridezilla" actions! They just left the Clipper and we didn't know they were gone until someone else FINALLY got back to us. We also had trouble with our table assignments--the Clipper wasn't clear, and then we wasted time fixing the tables. The Clipper can't really vary things a lot, being a boat, but it was very frustrating. Other than that, a stellar time, and well worth the money!

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Paloma B

My husband and I decided to go with the Gateway Clipper because of the unique experience it could offer to our guests. Our experience dealing with the team at the Clipper was disappointing overall. There were multiple situations in which we were disappointed and tried to... Read More communicate that to the organization and they choose not only not to find solutions but in general to treat a paying customer with a bad attitude. Explanation below: 1. Lost three expensive items (total value worth over $500). Instead of helping they chose to write an email saying "best of luck finding your items". The staff on the boat was suppose to pack up our things at the end of the night and somehow these items were never returned to us. 2. The bar. Despite numerous communications, we ended up with a bar that wasn't what we expected due to information that was lost in translation from one sales person to another. After trying to remedy the situation the management team was rude and not helpful. In addition we asked for bar basics (bitters, etc) and they agreed to this. Nothing was there on our wedding day. 3. Change in sales team. The person we originally started planning with was no longer with the organization about 3 months before the wedding. They never reached out to make us aware of this and instead we found out when we tired to get a hold of her and got a bounce back email. This was the beginning of the problems. Generally they were not flexible and poor communicators. However, I will say the staff we had the day of our wedding were phenomenal. The food was great and our guests had a great time. The DJ was great to work with and kept the energy up. The venue provided the unique experience we were hoping for and we enjoyed our day. If you are looking for a unique experience - get the Clipper. For the money we spent we wanted a better experience with our venue, but instead they treated us like we weren't spending enough money and therefore weren't important.

2014-09-19T11:55:21 Response from Erica, the member

I am having my wedding here next weekend, and I wish I would have read this before booking. We are having identical issues. Terrible customer service, especially the way that the President of the company speaks to the paying customers. We have shed so many... Read Less Read More

The perfect wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Hillary H

I had my wedding on the Gateway Clipper's Princess boat on 8/31/13 and it was the BEST time of my life! It was the perfect wedding! The food, music ( DJ Kevin -from First Class Entertainment who comes with the Clipper package), and everything else was perfect! Denise from the... Read More Clipper was amazing! She planned everything exactly how I wanted it and she was very nice, professional and always prompt! The Clipper also includes many thing in their package making planning super easy ( DJ, hotel for bride and groom, cake, food, alcohol, linens ect). I can not rave about my wedding on the Princess enough! Everyone said that it was the best wedding that they ever attended and they were right!!

Wonderful Pittsburgh Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/20/2013 Heather G

We had several out of town guests and wanted to give them a great view of the city so we decided to do our ceremony and reception onboard the Gateway Clipper! We had 100 guests so we used one of the smaller ships - the Princess. So many things are included with their wedding... Read More package (officiant, food, cake, DJ) - it took a lot of the guess work out of things and the vendors are used to working with the staff and made everything run seamlessly. The food was amazing!!! The cake came from Lincoln Bakery and was amazing too! The DJ was so nice and so much fun! We used Captain Mike to do our ceremony while parked at the point with the fountain and city in the background - it was truly memorable and everyone got to see a great view of the city! Our wedding planner was Denise Dell she was very helpful and walked us through everything we needed to figure out. The day of the event you have an onboard Wedding Coordinator that keeps everything on schedule and directs you what to do - thank goodness for her!!! She kept the show running and made sure we didn't miss anything! One concern I had going into this was having all of our pictures on the boat so we were actually able to dock at PNC park and get off the boat to take some scenic pictures around the park, on the Clemente bridge, and along the waterfront. We would highly recommend this venue for ceremony and/or reception to anyone - especially if you have out of town guests that would love to see the city for the first time!

Absolutely Beautiful.

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Gina O

The wedding was absolutely breathtaking. There is no better view of the city of Pittsburgh than when you're on the water. The food was amazing. The DJ they provided worked well and played exactly what we wanted. Denise was our coordinator and she always responded to e-mails... Read More quickly. She made everything so hassle-free. The only thing I was disappointed in was the bakery that they contract with. I would recommend using your own bakery. It was perfect having an all-inclusive wedding, it took a load off of my shoulders having to find and meet with a DJ and compare prices, as well as linens, etc. The staff was great and they seemed to be having a good time themselves. I highly recommend this to anyone and cannot say enough great things about it.

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Darcy H

We had a lot of out-of-town guests so what better way to show off our city? We were hooked with the all-inclusive package which is so much easier and cheaper than finding vendors individually, and we were happily surprised with the great quality of each. The staff and servers on... Read More the Clipper could not have been more friendly, helpful and accommodating. The food was excellent. Couldn't have been better! I highly recommend the Clipper!

2013-06-19T09:49:56 Response from Tracy, the member

How many guests did you have? Which vessel did you book? Did your event include the ceremony and the reception? How much additional charge was the boat fuel? How long did your event last? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Looking to book next summer.

Wonderful Ladies' Night

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Dani M

The Gateway Clipper staff was very friendly and professional. They truly went above and beyond in making our girls' night special aboard the boat.

Not what we were expecting

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 Jamie S

I am giving 4 stars because I LOVE the Clipper, but this particular event deserves no stars. Anyway, for my bachelorette party, my sister found a "Friday Night Jamz Moonlight Dance Cruise". We had issues the whole time. People were smoking pot at the front of the boat (on all... Read More levels) so the smoke carried back to us and it was skunky and awful no matter where we went. None of the crew stopped them. The food line was insane. My friends waited in line for over an hour and a half. Drinks took at least 30 minutes. It was an awful experience, but I think it was just that my sister picked the wrong cruise.