Sustainably-sourced & Allergy-friendly Treats

Specializing in cakes and dessert bars, Gathered Confections lives at the place where sweets and art intersect, emphasizing locally sourced ingredients, classical preparations, and old-fashioned scratch baking methods. With a completely customizable menu, the sky really is the limit for your special day! Quality is always the first consideration, from ingredient sourcing to preparation methods. During summer months, the emphasis is on locally grown edible flowers, most of which come from our own edible flower garden, guaranteed to be free of chemical sprays and pesticides. Have food allergies or dietary needs? No problem! We offer custom recipe development for just about any limitations, so there's no need to sacrifice flavor or beauty on your big day.

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Candy Bars, Cheesecakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Donuts, Pies, Desserts, Cakes + Desserts

Bellingham, WA and surrounding areas (503) 468-6063

Reviewed on 5/16/2017

My husband and I recently had a wedding reception and were lucky enough to find Sarah/Gathered Confections to provide our somewhat unconventional wedding cake. When I found her web site on The Knot, I was immediately enamored with her beautifully artistic cakes, and was so happy... Read More she was able to help with our event! We had a bit of an edgy theme with black, red and white being our primary colors (I wore a black dress during our ceremony), and I could not believe that Sarah's instincts suggested a black cake w/white drip and red flowers w/branches for the overall look of the cake! It was beautiful and PERFECT! Sarah was very easy to work with, delivered without fail, and amazed every one of our guests w/her amazing creation! I can't thank her enough!

Sarah Woods

Hi! I’m Sarah, the cake designer, recipe developer, and all-around kitchen wizard behind Gathered Confections. My love of baking has been a lifelong journey, throughout which I’ve become well versed in local and organic sourcing and special dietary needs. Drawing inspiration from traditional preparations, local ingredients, natural beauty, and modern innovation, I never shy away from a baking challenge! I believe in eating whole, clean foods and aim to make everything from scratch. In 2009, I graduated from Johnson and Wales with a degree in Baking & Pastry Arts.