Gavin Roy Presents

Santa Barbara, CA

Your dance floor packed - or your money back

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

1187 Coast Village Road, Santa Barbara, CA

Awesome DJ! Awesome music!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Sireenah S

We had Gavin Roy DJ our wedding in Sept 2015 and he was fantastic! His team is super responsive and he made himself available to chat by phone several times before the wedding to discuss our preferences and get a better feel for the type of music we wanted to hear. On the day... Read More of, Gavin was great. I had a number of people come up to me to comment on the music and how our DJ was really impressive. That's always great to hear as a bride. He kept the party going throughout the event and also did a great job MC'ing for speeches, announcements,etc...I feel lucky to have had Gavin as our DJ. He's incredibly talented!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Caitlin C

Gavin Roy was our wedding DJ on March 14, 2015 in Santa Barbara. What a pleasure to work with him leading up to the big day and then his efforts throughout the day were spectacular. Gavin took a couple of phone calls with my wife, Caitlin, and I leading up to the event and... Read More was friendly, capable and thoughtful. With his very easy-to-use website allowing us to slate selected songs -- and, perhaps, more importantly, create a comprehensive "no play" list -- as well as allowing our guests to share their requests, planning was easy. On the final call prior to the wedding where we went over those choices, my wife and I agreed that we could hear the wheels turning in Gavin's brain as he looked through our music. He seemed, almost, to be putting together playlists right in front of us. On the big day, Gavin worked very well with our ceremony guitarist and our officiant at the ceremony site (Santa Barbara Courthouse Gardens), as well as with our guitarist who performed during cocktail hour at the reception (Chase Palm Park Plaza). Once it was Gavin's turn to take over, his playlist and rotation of songs through the dinner hour was impeccable and he handled the announcements of the wedding party and toast speeches like a pro. No silly bluster, just very professional and on top of things. Leading up to the wedding, we told Gavin we really wanted the last 2.5 hours of the reception to be a big dance party. To say he got that idea would be a major understatement. The dance floor was packed as Gavin hit all the right notes, handled guest requests on site and just kept the party going non-stop right to the end. We had an amazing wedding day and Gavin was a crucial player in that. Thanks Gavin! Wishing you the best, and should we ever need DJ services in SB at anytime, know you're our top choice!

The best around!

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Tina Y

Seriously, this company is as good as it gets when it comes to expertise and finesse in the DJ industry. My wife and I had our wedding a month ago (December 2014) in Solvang, and finding the right DJ had been our highest priority. She believed from the beginning that this could... Read More make or break the party, and after seeing how perfectly it went off, I see that it all really did hang in that balance. I admit that I was stuck in pricing from the 90s and didn't plan to spend what we did on this aspect of the wedding, but now I know I'd easily pay much more for the quality we received. (Side note: we skimped on the video people and got what we paid for). Gavin deejayed the event, but the overall company gave us real peace of mind from our very first phone call. Their online planning tool taught us what events we'd need music for, and they even provided all of the music and equipment for the ceremony. On our RSVP form, we had asked our guests, "What song is guaranteed to make you get up and dance?" - a question we weren't sure we'd ever get answered, let alone use at the event. However, their responses flowed in, and we sent them along to Gavin. Not only did he use every song - which kept our floor filled all night - but he mixed them so expertly that the beats seemed to match song to song to song in short intervals. The requests from guests weren't even all dance-friendly, but he made them danceable!!! We really had a pro dance party there thanks to him. Above all, it must be mentioned that our event was no typical affair for a deejay. I wish I could say we made it easy on him, but at least 5 different people had surprises that Gavin had to keep secret and straight from the next. This could have led to several miscues and mistakes - but not on Gavin's watch. He nailed every single cue with the perfect song intro or mic placement. All of this while playing master of ceremony. Gavin, Carly, and team, we cannot thank you enough for what you did for us. People are still talking about the wedding almost a whole month later, and everyone wants us to know that we had the greatest DJ. We are so lucky, and could not be more grateful. THANK YOU!!!!

Perfect soundtrack to a perfect day

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Drea S

Gavin and Joseph were so much fun to work with. My husband-to-be had a very specific tone, mood and song list in mind for our multi-generational guests. They helped us select a first dance song that fit what both wanted. Gavin and Joseph worked with us to on this as well as read... Read More the room for what the guests were enjoying. Everyone commented on how great the music was! We also worked with Gavin on additional lighting for our reception and the feel of the string lights and uprights set exactly the tone and mood we were going for.

The DJ You Want!

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Whitney E

The Gavin Roy team was so easy to work with from start to finish. They have a great website where you can build your music timeline and playlist likes/dislikes. DJ Zeke really knew how to read the crowd and kept my guests on the dance floor all night- I got tons of compliments.... Read More I would highly recommend using these guys.

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Alex S

Good service but not content with overall service.

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 8/25/2012 Christine G

We had so many guests compliment us on the music! Gavin is so nice and helpful, he met with us twice before the wedding to get an idea of the venue, set-up, run-thru, music choices. He also set-up lighting for the reception and took care of the mic/speakers for the ceremony... Read More portion. His website is so detailed and great to review to figure out scheduling, music requirements throughout the night and also offered many song suggestions. He was an absolute pleasure to work with!

We all had a great time!

Reviewed on 5/17/2012 Veronica W

Gavin is very professional, fun and had the dance floor filled the entire night. Our guests of all ages had a wonderful time, and he is a great MC too!

Very nice guy, decent DJ, great online service

Reviewed on 2/09/2012 John T

Gavin has become a bit of the go-to guy for DJ-ing weddings in Santa Barbara and, while he is absolutely a very nice guy who does well, it seems as though there is a little laurel resting. That said, his online DJ service (appears to be a 3rd party platform) is excellent in that... Read More it allows you to select songs you definitely want to hear or songs you certainly want to avoid. Gavin is a solid choice.