Gavin Roy Presents

Gavin Roy Presents

1187 Coast Village Road, Santa Barbara, CA

The best around!

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Tina Y

Seriously, this company is as good as it gets when it comes to expertise and finesse in the DJ industry. My wife and I had our wedding a month ago (December 2014) in Solvang, and finding the right DJ had been our highest priority. She believed from the beginning that this could make or break the party, and after seeing how perfectly it went off, I see that it all really did hang in that balance. I admit that I was stuck in pricing from the 90s and didn't plan to spend what we did on this aspect of the wedding, but now I know I'd easily pay much more for the quality we received. (Side note: we skimped on the video people and got what we paid for). Gavin deejayed the event, but the overall company gave us real peace of mind from our very first phone call. Their online planning tool taught us what events we'd need music for, and they even provided all of the music and equipment for the ceremony. On our RSVP form, we had asked our guests, "What song is guaranteed to make you get up and dance?" - a question we weren't sure we'd ever get answered, let alone use at the event. However, their responses flowed in, and we sent them along to Gavin. Not only did he use every song - which kept our floor filled all night - but he mixed them so expertly that the beats seemed to match song to song to song in short intervals. The requests from guests weren't even all dance-friendly, but he made them danceable!!! We really had a pro dance party there thanks to him. Above all, it must be mentioned that our event was no typical affair for a deejay. I wish I could say we made it easy on him, but at least 5 different people had surprises that Gavin had to keep secret and straight from the next. This could have led to several miscues and mistakes - but not on Gavin's watch. He nailed every single cue with the perfect song intro or mic placement. All of this while playing master of ceremony. Gavin, Carly, and team, we cannot thank you enough for what you did for us. People are still talking about the wedding almost a whole month later, and everyone wants us to know that we had the greatest DJ. We are so lucky, and could not be more grateful. THANK YOU!!!!

Perfect soundtrack to a perfect day

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Drea S

Gavin and Joseph were so much fun to work with. My husband-to-be had a very specific tone, mood and song list in mind for our multi-generational guests. They helped us select a first dance song that fit what both wanted. Gavin and Joseph worked with us to on this as well as read the room for what the guests were enjoying. Everyone commented on how great the music was! We also worked with Gavin on additional lighting for our reception and the feel of the string lights and uprights set exactly the tone and mood we were going for.

The DJ You Want!

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Whitney E

The Gavin Roy team was so easy to work with from start to finish. They have a great website where you can build your music timeline and playlist likes/dislikes. DJ Zeke really knew how to read the crowd and kept my guests on the dance floor all night- I got tons of compliments. I would highly recommend using these guys.

Good

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Alex S

Good service but not content with overall service.

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 8/25/2012 Christine G

We had so many guests compliment us on the music! Gavin is so nice and helpful, he met with us twice before the wedding to get an idea of the venue, set-up, run-thru, music choices. He also set-up lighting for the reception and took care of the mic/speakers for the ceremony portion. His website is so detailed and great to review to figure out scheduling, music requirements throughout the night and also offered many song suggestions. He was an absolute pleasure to work with!

We all had a great time!

Reviewed on 5/17/2012 Veronica W

Gavin is very professional, fun and had the dance floor filled the entire night. Our guests of all ages had a wonderful time, and he is a great MC too!

Very nice guy, decent DJ, great online service

Reviewed on 2/09/2012 John T

Gavin has become a bit of the go-to guy for DJ-ing weddings in Santa Barbara and, while he is absolutely a very nice guy who does well, it seems as though there is a little laurel resting. That said, his online DJ service (appears to be a 3rd party platform) is excellent in that it allows you to select songs you definitely want to hear or songs you certainly want to avoid. Gavin is a solid choice.

TO Gavin Roy Presents