Gemini Event Planning

Vail and Beaver Creek, Colorado

Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Vail, CO Vail and Beaver Creek, Colorado (305) 587-1130

Reviewed on 1/16/2018

My wedding was nothing short of spectacular due to the amazing work of Jeni and Meg at Gemini Event Planning. Once I booked the Ritz Carlton, Bachelors Gulch as the venue, my next step (by recommendation from the Ritz staff) was to talk to Gemini. I met with Meg who not only... Read More had a ton of experience but also, and maybe more importantly, I knew she would be my trusted advocate. And that sentiment extended into my day to day dealings with Jeni as she was the lead planner on my wedding 3 months out. My wedding experience (both planning and weekend of ) would never have been as seamless and free of stress if it wasn't for Gemini.

Reviewed on 1/16/2018

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Maria S

My daughter wanted a destination wedding in Beaver Creek while living in Florida. As mother of the bride this seemed like a very difficult task being that we are so far away. After speaking to several planners were were blessed to come across Gemini Event Planning. Meg was... Read More very nice and said Jennifer would be contacting us soon. When Jennifer called my daughter and I knew right then and there she was godsend!!!! There was an immediate wonderful connection, we knew we'd found the "one" and that we wouldn't have to look any further. She was never pushy, she always made sure she understood exactly what my daughter wanted then went above and beyond to help us make her vision a reality. Weddings have a lot of moving parts but Jennifer gave us total confidence and peace of mind that everything would be smooth and that everything would be taken care of. She brought expertise and positive energy to the planning process. She knew our vendors, kept timelines and was very much on top of all the details making sure nothing was missed or overlooked. Jennifer takes pride in her job, she makes sure she's available to answer any questions throughout the entire process. We never felt hurried or pressured, my daughter and I always felt at peace after talking to her. At times when we'd feel somewhat overwhelmed and on the verge of a meltdown she always knew what to say to make us feel at ease and that she had it all under control. The best part wasn't that she'd just say it, she really did have it all under control. We know we couldn't have done it without her! We started off as clients and now we can call her a friend! We are thrilled with the work she did and we'd gladly recommend her to anyone!!! A wedding planner is definitely money well spent!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Allison Z

The Gemini team made our wedding planning smooth so we could focus on the fun of it. They brought us ideas on vendors, helped us navigate big decisions, and most importantly allowed me not to think (worry) about what I wasn't thinking about! They anticipated every step of the... Read More plan and the ran the show the day of. Total class.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Tayler R

We ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Gemini team. They did a wonderful job of taking care of all the obstacles with wedding planning big and small. They went above and beyond to make sure that we got to enjoy not only our wedding day, but the entire wedding week. They took care of problems... Read More before we even knew about them and they allowed us to enjoy a care free wedding day and trip! We would recommend them to anyone!!! They were also very personable and felt like a part of the family!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Molly D

Meg Stepanek and her team at Gemini Event Planning literally made our entire weekend what it was. We hired Meg to be our day-of coordinator, which meant that she took over communication with all our vendors the week before the wedding and then facilitated the logistics of the... Read More entire event -- from the decor company and the string quartet to the photographer and transportation. It was so amazing to know that everything was under control and going to go as planned because of her, and we could not be more grateful to have had her on our team. We HIGHLY recommend Gemini to anyone planning a wedding! Thank you, Meg!!!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017

Meg and Jeni at Gemini Event Planning were absolutely amazing and worth every penny. We hired Gemini Event Planning to do "day-of" planning and they went above and beyond helping us coordinate the whole weekend, complete with activities lists, restaurant and bar suggestions,... Read More etc. Both Meg and Jeni were professional in organizing, running the rehearsal and day off, including fixing mini issues along the way such as my veil falling off, people running late, and general "herding the cats & keeping the peace" between multiple divorced families. The level of relaxation, ease and peace of mind they gave me that weekend is something I would highly recommend to everyone!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Lindsay V

My husband and I recently got married in Vail and have nothing but positive things to say about the Gemini Event Planning team. I wish I could give them more stars! I am from Vail and knew exactly where I wanted the wedding and what I wanted, but when it came to the month of and... Read More day of coordination, I knew we needed help. We interviewed a few planners, but loved the way Meg and Meaghan assured us of how detail oriented they were and how that it was their process that would make our wedding a success! My big thing was that I wanted our family and wedding party to be able to enjoy the wedding and not worry about the little things. I work in marketing so plan events in the Bay Area on a regular basis, and I was floored by the level of detail and how they took control of everything and anything. March 25th was the best day of our lives and I owe a lot of it to them because I would not have been able to enjoy it to the level I did if they had not been there! I only wish I could get married every weekend and have them leading the charge!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Alexandra S

I can't say enough wonderful things about Gemini Event Planning and can’t thank them enough for making our wedding better than I could have ever dreamed of. We planned our wedding for over a year and a half, and from the initial planning, to making our dream a reality, to the... Read More invaluable execution the day of the wedding - Meg and her team went above and beyond, and we couldn’t have done it without them. The amount of time and care Meg put into our special day made us feel like we were Gemini's only wedding (which was definitely not the case)! Meg provided inspired direction, creative ideas, and organizational mastery, while simultaneously dealing my mom and me for 20 months! I feel lucky to have worked with such a phenomenal wedding planner and to have made a lifelong friend in the process! We enjoyed every minute of the wedding planning process with Meg and her team, and our wedding was perfect in every detail; we have Meg to thank for that.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016

It is hard to explain in words how amazing Meg was for us, but the best way to start is to describe her as a wedding planning rock star. My fiancée and I were both incredibly busy with work and other life events amidst our planning and Meg was the glue that kept us all together... Read More and on track with our planning. I think Meg's best qualities are her calmness under pressure and her ability to get us to focus on only the most important items at any given moment during the planning process- which kept us from ever feeling too overwhelmed. She is very well connected in the Vail Valley. All of her connections ranted and raved about her which was always reassuring and in fact made doing business with those vendor smooth and painless. It was almost like we were getting the special Meg treatment. The day of our wedding, a storm rolled in on our outdoor wedding ceremony and Meg really stepped up to make sure everyone moved at the right time and arrived to our reception venue safely and dry. Our wedding was a bit delayed because some guests showed up late, and she was able to improvise our timing and save the day. Most importantly, Meg was fun to work with. She was always excited to talk to us, she remained enthusiastic all throughout the process and even checked in with us after our honeymoon to see how it was. She really became a part of our wedding , not only on a professional level but on a personal level too. Choosing a wedding planner is tough. You put your most important weekend in their hands. I am happy to say that Meg knocked it out of the park for us and made it a truly special and memorable weekend. And although she won't take credit for it, she actually arranged for deer to walk across the valley behind our reception venue for guests to see through the windows and believe it or not, she made a rainbow appear over the mountains as we said our I do's. Kudos to Meg. Thank you so much for all you did for us!!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Claire M

After interviewing multiple wedding planners in the Denver/Summit County/Vail area, my fiancé and I were lucky enough to find Gemini Event Planning. We met with Meg for coffee and immediately knew she was the planner for us. Not only is she super cool (she mountain bikes and... Read More skis when she isn't planning weddings), she is the absolute BEST at what she does. Meg is incredibly detailed oriented and is extremely well connected in the area. We utilized the Ritz Carlton as our host hotel including a welcome bbq/brunch, married at the Beaver Creek Wedding Deck and had our reception at Beano's Cabin. Without Meg, we never would have been able to keep things straight between all of the different contacts and wouldn't have known where to begin to coordinate all of the details. Meg worked with us every step of the way and is a natural at keeping things fun - you know it is a good sign when you are laughing after each call! My husband and I both started new careers, got a puppy and bought a house while planning our wedding and Meg was very accommodating to our busy schedules. She was a pro at addressing any questions or concerns we had, and eased our worries about the unpredictable weather in Colorado by having plans A through Z. I loved the detailed timeline she created and the weekend itinerary provided to our wedding party and families was a life saver. Our wedding weekend turned out to be everything we dreamed it to be and I can't thank Meg enough for taking the weight off of our shoulders so we could enjoy every moment of the celebration!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Lee G

Meg was SUCH a positive presence in our wedding weekend, and especially in my experience as the bride. I don’t know how I would have planned this destination wedding without her. We are from Kansas City and we had our wedding in Beaver Creek. We needed a planner we could trust... Read More while planning from afar. Meg took care of us! She knows Beaver Creek and the surrounding area like no one else! I always knew I could trust her recommendations, and this made the planning process SO much easier! I cannot rave enough about Meg and the vendors she helped me book for our wedding day. They truly made us feel so special and made the whole day flow so easily. I felt like Meg personally knew everyone we came in contact with, and they kept telling us “Meg is GREAT!” and “you are so lucky to have Meg”. And they were right! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Meg, for making this process fun, easy, and streamlined. We love you!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Victoria P

When my fiancé John and I got engaged two years ago, after a few weeks of congratulations and excitement came the questions of when are you getting married? Where are you getting married? What are your colors, etc, etc. Being an extremely organized person and having been to... Read More many, many weddings some of these ideas were in my head, but I had no idea where to start. I was lucky enough to have my mother start the process and when she met Meg, it was a perfect match – calm, positive, methodically, spreadsheet organized woman; someone I could clearly relate to. From day one, a year and a half before the event, Meg and I bonded over organization and she completely knew how to deal with my type A personality. She listened to all of our desires and gave us additional ideas that brought our entire vision together. Since we lived in Boston and could only make limited trips to Beaver Creek, we knew we needed to feel comfortable with a local planner who had the relationships in the Valley to truly help us plan, and we could definitely feel that from Meg. She helped us finalize our venue, Beano’s Cabin, and pick the best vendors that created a comfort for John and I to know the day, plus the entire week of events would be a time we wouldn’t forget. While Meg was amazing with the planning, the week and day of, Meg and her team were an absolute dream. I was pretty anxious leading up to that week, but when we arrived to Beaver Creek, Meg was so on top of what was needed that I really started to relax and enjoy the experience. Once the actual wedding day came along, I truly did not worry about anything and could actually be in the moment. I can tell you confidently that she completely delivered. We could not have asked for a better group of people to work with. We still look back and cannot believe how perfect the day was. I am truly going to miss my monthly calls with Meg. I cannot thank her and her team enough for the most amazing day that John and I will never forget.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016

I interviewed several wedding planners before settling on Meg Stepanek . She was personable and energetic and was able to clearly speak to any questions that I had. I have a busy job and was anxious about the amount of time I would be able to spend on mother of the bride... Read More duties. Meg took the time in the beginning to get to know me. She was very sensitive to my work schedule and kept things moving even when I didn't respond to her questions immediately. I was always comfortable knowing that she was on top of things and would persist getting in touch with me if a final decision needed to be made. She went over and above in everything that she did. I can't begin to list the things she helped me with avoiding a last minute crisis. There were so many - from helping repair a torn veil to finding the lost marriage license. There were three events included in the weekend. After all of the planning leading up to the event filled weekend, I sat back and enjoyed every minute. Meg was there working behind the scenes making sure it was all perfect. And it was - I can't thank her enough.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016

Meg Stepanek at Gemini Event Planning is quite honestly the best wedding planner that I could have EVER hoped for. We began our meetings over a year before my wedding date. Meg and I had scheduled phone meetings every other Wednesday night over the course of those 15 months. She... Read More kept me on track with her master monthly to do list and our phone calls that were supposed to last 15-20 mintues often lasted an hour because we had so much fun chatting. Her excel spreadsheets are legendary!!!! You know exactly what your budget looks like from day one and this is so helpful to realize where you've over-spent and what you need to cut back on to stay on track. She has master lists of all of the vendors and their contact info and a full schedule of all appointments so that the wedding party knows where to be when. She is the perfect balance of type-A get things done and bubbly sweet positivity. She organized mock-ups with several of our vendors so that I knew exactly what the day was going to look like. This was so huge for me to be able to see what the flowers looked like and the chargers and the chairs, etc. so that we were on the same page about it all. I felt so prepared and in such good hands leading up to the wedding and it is all because of Meg!! The weekend of the wedding Meg and her team went absolutely ABOVE and BEYOND! We had 3 days of events and I felt completely at ease because she was so on top of everything. The Friday before the rehearsal dinner, Meg was functioning as the bartender at my bridal brunch (if you're familiar with the Vail Valley, the brunch was in Mountain Star and the rehearsal dinner was at the Sonnenalp in Vail). I can only equate her grace, attitude, and ability to make it all so perfect to that of super woman. The day of my wedding was GORGEOUS!! It was more beautiful than I could have EVER imagined!! If it weren't for Meg I wouldn't have known about all of the amazing vendors that could make a day so perfect. There were so many things that I forgot (portrait, veil, wedding license) the day of the wedding and Meg just took care of it. To this day (1 month later), I have friends constantly coming up to me to say that my wedding was the best party that they've ever been to. I had girlfriends at my wedding (who go to weddings almost weekly in the summer) who wanted to hunt down Meg because they were in awe of everything she had created for the wedding. She is simply the BEST at everything, truly EVERYTHING (from the day you meet to the wedding day) and I could not be more grateful for her and her incredible team at Gemini Event Planning.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

Meg is a pro. She really knows the Vail/Beaver Creek area and gave us the guidance and suggestions that were in our best interest. She is very well connected and knowledgeable in regards to the Vail Valley. We planned the wedding from out of state so I was nervous it would be... Read More stressful, but Meg made it seamless. She provided us with lists of vendors and their descriptions. She kept us on top of what we needed to get done, as well as our vendors. She was attentive and always available. She coordinated frequent phone meetings and made sure all of our ducks were in a row. If we didn't have her I really don't know what we would have done. The wedding day ended up being perfect and I had nothing to worry about. She made sure everything was done well in advance and there were no snags. She also made sure the wedding was in line with my vision as well as budget. She couldn't have been better and if anyone gets married in the area I would tell them to go to Meg if they want their day to be perfect.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016

Meg is an AMAZING wedding planner in the Vail Valley. She is extremely responsive and helpful. As an out of town bride, it is so helpful that she knows everything and everyone in the area and is great at finding vendors in any price range or request. She also has a great team... Read More that will make sure your wedding day is spectacular and goes off without a hitch! I would recommend Gemini Event Planning to any bride that is looking for a great experience with their wedding planner!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Abey H

Meg, Meghan and McKayla were amazing! We had a destination wedding and planned everything from our home state, only visited the venue 2x before tying the knot! Meg and Meghan were invaluable in helping us put everything together! We even had an unexpected snow storm (and were... Read More wanting to do our wedding outside), they handled our families expressing our wants and overcoming their obstacles about being out in the weather! Everything flowed seamlessly and was so stress free the entire day! I couldn't have hoped for a better wedding! I literally just had to show up and enjoy! Thank you ladies!

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 alexandra h

We planned a destination wedding in Beaver Creek while living in Boston and absolutely loved working with Gemini & owner Meg! Our wedding had a lot of moving parts but Meg gave us total confidence and peace of mind that everything would be smooth and all of our guests would be... Read More taken care of. She brought an incredible expertise and energy to the planning process and she knew every one of our vendors on a first name basis making the logistics so much easier. We were thrilled and I'd recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 3/05/2016 Julia J

Meg was absolutely amazing. We were planning a winter wedding from Seattle. From our first phone call, Meg put me at ease, and it just continued. From discussing budget, to seeing my vision, to executing the wedding day, everything went smoothly and perfect. Meg worked with us... Read More to customize our needs and budget. If there were any issues (always minor) I could shoot Meg a text and it would taken care of immediately. Meg knows everyone in the industry and has great relationships with all the vendors - When we met with the florist or DJ or photographer, they always said we were in great hands with Meg, and we were. I trusted Meg, her team and her recommendations - it ended in such a magical day.

Reviewed on 1/28/2016

I used Gemini Event Planning/Meg and her team to assist in the long distance planning of my son's Bar Mitzvah ("Ski Mitzvah") ceremony, dinner and party. Although it was not a huge group I wanted it to be special for my son and our guests. Meg and her team exceeded our... Read More expectations and it was an incredible experience!

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Aubrey S

Meg and Meghan were incredible! They were both so organized and thoughtful about all things leading up to our big day, and I honestly didn't worry about a single thing. As a result, I had so much fun on my wedding day!!

Amazing wedding planner!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

I can’t say enough good things about Meg Stepanek and Gemini Event Planning, and anyone looking to get married in the greater Vail area would be foolish to pass up working with her. She is incredible and I said repeatedly before, during, and after my wedding that the single best... Read More decision we made in the wedding planning process was to work with Meg. I was planning a destination wedding outside Vail, and without Meg’s planning expertise and vision, the planning would have been extremely challenging. Instead, my wedding was absolutely perfect (and guests gushed about every aspect of it)…and I only made one trip to Vail for planning! That’s pretty amazing, and speaks to how talented Meg is. We arranged everything else by phone and emails with Meg. I could continue gushing about how great Meg is, but I’ll sum it up by saying the three most incredible and valuable parts of working with Meg: 1) Listening and patience: Meg gets to know you, your fiancé, and your family so that she understands what you want during your wedding. She listens to you and will remember everything you said. That is hugely important in a wedding planner because once you make a decision – even the tiniest ones – you need to move on to the next decision or you’ll get bogged down. She follows up immediately with information you requested. And often, she knew what I was trying to express even before I fully did because she had listened closely and had gotten to know me! 2) Vision: She will help you turn your vision for a wedding into a reality while respecting the budget you set. From talking to other friends about their wedding planners, I feel confident saying that is a rarity! 3) Execution: In the lead up to your big day and on your wedding day itself, Meg knows how to take charge (without imposing at all) and make sure everything goes exactly as planned! After months and months of planning, you’ll be thankful someone as skilled and organized as Meg is in charge so the day is exactly what you want. Knowing that she had everything under control put me at ease so I could focus fully on the moment. After your wedding is over, you’ll be thankful you worked with Meg and will miss talking to to her all the time. Meg is just that wonderful.

Everything Meg touches turns to perfect

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Meg Stepanek is a true joy to work with! From the moment we first spoke with her, we knew we were in good hands. Meg is focused on every detail (even details we never knew existed!) yet she is always mindful of the larger vision for the big day. She is hands-on and... Read More collaborative, but never dictates what you should do or decide. Meg is full of positive energy and is willing to go well above and beyond to do what needs to be done. Looking back now at our actual wedding day, we can honestly say it was perfect. Meg executed flawlessly, and our all of our guests agreed that she is something special. We couldn't have asked for more - Meg is fantastic!

Great Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Meg Stepanek at Gemini Event Planning is really terrific! She was an invaluable asset in the planning of our daughter's wedding in the Vail Valley. Meg is delightful to work with, was a great source of information on local vendors, and was always available throughout the... Read More planning stage. Every detail had been so well planned that the day of the wedding flowed seamlessly. Only my daughters and I were aware of Meg and her staff in the background making sure that was so. When it was over, the bride and groom said their day was perfect! Thank you, Meg!