Wedding Journalism

I want your wedding day to be as natural and fluid as possible. I want to be able to tell a captivating story through my journalistic approach.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 6/27/2016

Loved our engagement photos that Gene Kang provided! Delivered the images really fast and everything looked sharp and professional. Couldn't be more happier. My wife loves them, too, and she doesn't usually like what she looks like in pictures!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

Lovely photographer with beautiful work. We enjoyed having our photos taken by Gene. He has an artistic eye and has an enthusiasm for the work he does. We were surprised he's fairly new to the art of wedding photography, he can only continue to get better from here. We look... Read More forward to recommending him to our friends and family. Thanks for giving us a lovely experience and memories to cherish forever.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016

We loved the photos Gene took on our wedding day! He captured everything so beautifully. Definitely recommend him!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Sarah F

We just received our engagement photos from Gene and they are amazing. He really captured the love between me and my fiancee. We can't wait to for him to shoot our wedding!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Kayla B

We just got our engagement photos back and we can't believe how beautiful they are. Gene was able to capture our genuine emotions. I honestly can't keep looking at these photos! Can't wait to show them to my friends and family.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 John H

What an amazing photographer Gene is! What I love most about him is just how easy going he is. We wanted a photographer that was good at photography, but was very vocal during weddings, too. We had a big wedding and Gene was very vocal and organized about the photos. He got... Read More through our family photos so quick, it definitely made everyone happy!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Monica Z

Honestly, I am very disappointed by this photographer and his lack of professionalism . He was willing to work with my budget when I talked to him over the phone which was wonderful! I was thrilled that I was able to find a photographer who was so understanding (or so I... Read More assumed). He then emails me back several days later and tells me that he is going with another couple who is willing to spend more money. This occurs AFTER he already sent me a contract to sign!! Brides, please don't feel decepted by this photographer. He will promise you one thing and then change his mind a few days later, all in the name of the mighty dollar. I understand he has a business to run and we all need money to support ourselves. However, isn't it important to make your clients happy so they can continue to refer you to other brides? My advice to you lovely brides out there who are searching for a photographer: skip this one and find another!!!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Marlene R

Would definitely recommend Gene! We loved our engagement and wedding photos . He captured the moments perfectly. So happy we chose him for our special day.

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Marlene M

What a wonderful experience! My fiance and I have never had photos taken of us professionally, and we were initially nervous about being photographed. Both of us joked about how awkward we were going to be in front of the camera prior to our session starting, but Gene made us... Read More feel at ease during the whole shoot. We've seen Gene's work online and have an affinity for his style: dreamy and ethereal, yet still capturing moments of everyday intimacy. He has an ability to capture such spontaneous images of warmth. The way he uses light as a subject in his photos was something that we really appreciated in an artistic photographer. Even though it was overcast and raining during our home shoot, Gene still found great lighting, making our dark rooms look bright and welcoming. We are so pleased with how lovely our photos turned out.

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 Katherine E

Gene did an anniversary shoot for my husband and I. All of the photos look absolutely amazing! He makes you feel very comfortable being in front of the camera and captures true moments.

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Lori J

Love love love our engagement photos. Gene really has a good eye. Not only that, but his editing style is amazing! We felt at ease during our engagement shoot. I totally recommend him!

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Diane J

Amazing. Gene is professional, personable, and kind. He has a good eye and can convey a brilliant story with his photography skills. He's communication skills are terrific and never misses an email or text. He is extremely flexible with scheduling and was very accommodating. Our... Read More engagement session was beyond wonderful. My fiancé and I are not very comfortable in front of the camera, but with Gene's direction, who knew we could look so good! So, what are you waiting for? Book Gene, you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Christine G

Gene at Gene Kang photography was amazing! Not only did we get beautiful engagement photos, but we had a fun time with him during the shoot. He made us feel comfortable instantly, and it honestly felt like we were just hanging out the whole time! He was able to capture our... Read More personalities so well, and that was all I wanted. We had our engagement shoot at our home and around the town we live. I will cherish these photos forever. Thank you, Gene!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Brandon D

Gene took our engagement photos and was incredibly professional and delivered an amazing finished product. He made my fiancée feel completely comfortable through the entire shoot, and it was clear that he had the eye and creativity to get the perfect shot. Gene did a great... Read More job of capturing the joy and love between me and fiancée, and I would definitely recommend him for any occasion that you'd like to have preserved through photography.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Kelly V

Gene was absolutely wonderful. He clearly knew what he was doing and was very accommodating with all the shots we (and our family members!) wanted. He had a good eye for shots and took a number of them that we wouldn't have thought of ourselves. The pictures came out so... Read More beautifully -- we couldn't be happier. SO glad we hired Gene! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

Very professional and enthusiasm to get the best shot possible. Gene never stops working and constantly kept taking pictures throughout our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Elma

I wanted to take some family photos and was looking for a photographer. We went to take some photos in Irvine and loved how they looked. I will definitely recommend him to my friends and family!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

We wanted engagement pictures near the beach and Gene suggested we take pictures at Malibu! We met 2 hours before sunrise and he took the most beautiful pictures!! He is so professional, too! He had all these poses ready and asked me what I wanted, too! True professional.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

Gene took our photos on our wedding day and it was beautiful. He was able to capture our day in a way that was natural and real!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

Most terrible experience to book photographer online, could not trust Gene Kang at all...very upset. Do NOT hire him, or else, you may take a risk your photographer disappeared on your wedding date. I've started quote with Gene from July. Date, price, location of engagement... Read More session were all set, and even wedding date photography price were assigned with him already. I've also booked makeup & hair for the engagement session. Gene suggested to meetup before engagement photo day, he picked the date of meetup already. However, a week before day of engagement photo shooting, he disappeared. I mean disappeared, disappear & not reply from Text, phone call, email everything. I was trying so hard to reach him, and finally at the date of meetup, which is 3 days before engagement shoot, he sent me an email and saying "after much consideration, I don't think we're going to be a good fit. We never signed a contract, so I'm not sure why you hired a hair and makeup artist." If he could sent above earlier, I would plan better. It's ok to not take this job, but it's not acceptable and very unprofessional to say it 3 days before the shooting date. I could only told myself that luckily I learned about his unprofessional before the wedding date, it's just engagement session. I can't imagine if my photographer not showing up with no call, no text and ignore my contacts in my wedding date. In my sincerely, please do not pick Gene Kang, you will be worry to see if he's going to show up on your big day. And you will not know until the day or just the day before....

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Monica

Gene is professional and fun! My fiancé and I had the opportunity to have an engagement shoot with him in Fullerton, CA. We had a blast! I had done previous research on poses I would like to try and so had Gene. We ended up loving the pictures that were taken and used some for... Read More our Save the Date postcard! Gene is highly recommended :)

Gene Kang

Whether I was making t-shirt logos on Photoshop or experimenting with Hip-hop beats on my computer, I grew up having creative hobbies. So when I picked up photography as hobby, it slowly became a big part of my life. When I'm not looking through a lense, I like iced lattes, cold pizza, outdoor patios, and long walks on the beach with my dog.