General Sutter Inn

Lititz, PA

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Service Staff

14 E Main St, Lititz, PA (717) 626-2115

Reviewed on 6/24/2016

When we were trying to decide where we wanted to have our wedding, we didn't have to look far: we went to the hotel that is part of the complex where our favorite local English Pub, The Bulls Head, is located. Every single staff member, from the servers, to the managing partner... Read More of the Sutter, did everything within their power to ensure that my fiance (now my wife) had the wedding and reception of her dreams. We sat down with Jeff (Wedding Jeff) Merk, who managed to nail down our perfect day rather quickly. As the day approached, he would check on us routinely, to ensure that we were stress-free. As our families are both from outside of the Lititz area, we rented all of the rooms at the hotel for the weekend. Our ceremony, as well as the reception, were held in the ballroom, which was absolutely magical. We were able to include many of our friends who work at the Bulls Head, as well. The bar manager, Carson, even managed to get ordained in order to marry us! Talk about raising the bar on excellent service!! Our weekend was absolutely perfect, and we highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Lauren S

Where to begin! My family and I have been frequenting the Sutter/Bulls Head for many years so we were no strangers to the charm and authenticity of this fine establishment. What really blew us away was the awesome customer service and professionalism of both Jeff Merk and his... Read More team. From the minute we began the process with Jeff it was nothing but accommodation and sheer concern that our wedding would be just as we wanted it! Additionally, and most important the food was the best. As someone that is in the culinary field the meal was top notch. From the perfectly roasted beef tenderloin, to the al dente snip green beans and pearl onions, just awesome. Lastly if your looking for a great atmosphere for the girls to get ready in and then somewhere to hold the after party, the rock Lititz penthouse on the third floor is your best option. Tons of space, an awesome rec room with attached patio, kitchen and a great suite for the bride Groom. Overall I can't thank Jeff and the sutter enough for making our wedding exactly how we pictured it. Our first anniversary will be back with you guys! Lauren and Rj 5/14/16

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Rachel L

We were so pleased with our daughter's St Patrick's Day wedding reception at the General Sutter Inn. The venue is beautiful and historic. The event planner, Jeff Merk was wonderful to work with. He was very pleasant, forthright with pricing (no hidden fees) and extremely... Read More accommodating. He made planning the reception a breeze. He even hooked us up with a local bagpiper we hired to introduce the newlyweds into their reception! The bride & groom chose five hot butlered hors d' ourves which were all delicious. Jeff made sure the wedding party was greeted (after arriving from the wedding ceremony at Linden Hall Chapel) with plenty of drinks and hors d' ourves while they waited outside the reception room to be formally "introduced". They also chose to have an open bar, served garden salad and a buffet that included the 6 oz tenderloin, stuffed brie chicken and crab croquette entrees. Our guests raved about the variety of tasty entrees, some even tried all three... but the crab croquettes were hands down the favorite. Jeff saved the day when he told us the chef fixed our wedding cake... after we discovered it accidentally fell over during transport!!! He made sure all our decorations and guest tables were set up perfectly as discussed. We really appreciated Jeff was available and attentive throughout the entire reception, giving special attention to the newlyweds and their parents. He even dismissed a few wedding crashers he discovered trying to sneak into our awesome "DJ Freez" dance party. lol (DJ Freez is the best, so talented and professional!) We rented out the whole 3rd floor "Rock Lititz" Penthouse for the evening, which we highly recommend. It was the perfect place to unwind after the reception for a small after party. We thought the rooms were all very nice and the beds were especially comfortable. The Continental breakfast included with our overnight stay was very good. We were pleasantly surprised to find bacon and eggs available as well as a variety of cold options. All in all... It was a wonderful experience and we wouldn't have changed a thing!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Aleece M

Every couple dreams of their wedding day. As mother of the bride, I truly wanted for beginning their lives as one to be an extraordinary experience. Their wedding was an enchanted affair that far surpassed our expectations! We chose The General Sutter Inn, Lititz PA. They... Read More made this dream a reality. In our society we are expected to pay for every service. However, The Sutter's wedding package was indeed a package. As part of their hospitality, they extended their penthouse suite. Jeff, the general manager, catered to us from our initial meeting. His experience provided all and left nothing for want. Each detail was in the perfect amount. The banquet room is full of rich woods, fine linens, and nostalgia. This wedding felt truly unique and our very own. The memories of the day will be treasured for lifetime to come. This review is my heartfelt gratitude.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Kelsey A

The General Sutter Inn was a dream venue for our wedding. Jeff is the event coordinator, and he did an absolutely wonderful job making our day stress-free. My husband and I always had a full drink in our hands, and everything ran completely seamlessly! Throughout planning,... Read More Jeff was beyond helpful. He was very flexible with our menu, as my family and I have numerous food allergies. Most places charge you extra for menu changes, but he included it all in the (very reasonable) price. He even went out and bought gluten-free soy sauce for me! Over all, I could not have asked for a better reception venue. The ballroom has been redone, and it is absolutely gorgeous! Very well updated, and pretty enough that we didn't have to decorate at all beyond centerpieces. I would recommend the General Sutter to anyone and everyone. Best. Place. Ever.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Kimberly B

We could not have had a better experience for our reception 11/26/2016! The food was fantastic, the staff was friendly and very accommodating. Jeff the events coordinator went above and beyond for us from the very start. Highly, highly recommend General Sutter Inn not just... Read More for an event but for beautiful place to visit for dinner and drinks!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Carol B

We had my daughter and son in law's wedding reception here in Oct. We couldnt be happier with the outcome. Jeff Merk is great to work with. He is attentive to every detail and works hard to ensure that your special day is exactly as you want it to be. The Sutter is gorgeous yet... Read More affordable and any event here will look classy and elegant no matter what your budget. The food was great and Jeff and his staff made sure that all of our guests were well taken care of the entire night. We received too many compliments to count. I highly recommend The General Sutter Inn and cant say it enough, Jeff is the best!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Debra V

My son and his fiancée were married Friday night, the 18th of November. I cannot say enough of how wonderful that day was. The ballroom was beautiful and the food delicious. Jeff is fantastic to work with. He and his staff go way above and beyond to help you make beautiful... Read More memories. Thank you to everyone in making this a day to remember.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

My wife Susan and I hosted our son and daughter-in-law' rehearsal dinner in the ballroom at the beautiful General Sutter Inn in Lititz. on November 4th, and what a delight it was. From the horderves to the meal choices we made (we selected Filet Mignon or Pork Loin, with... Read More optional Crab Cake), the food was fantastic and the atmosphere was beautiful. We worked with Jeff Merk, who we can't say enough good things about. We delivered some items to the room before leaving for the rehearsal, and when I returned a few minutes later (having forgotten something), there was Jeff, in our room, going over each chair with a cloth to make sure everything was spotless. Throughout our experience, it was just so clear how much he loves to make sure his guests are happy. And we sure were happy. I enthusiastically recommend either the ballroom or the smaller private room for rehearsal dinners or wedding receptions. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Charlotte M. C

My daughter and her fiancé had a simply perfect wedding and reception at General Sutter Inn this past September. We looked at quite a few places before stumbling onto General Sutter Inn, and affordability is one of the main reasons that we chose General Sutter Inn. This venue... Read More is able to provide elegance in an intimate setting in the midst of a charming, small town. We discovered General Sutter Inn during our first trip to Lititz. My daughters and I decided to have lunch at Bulls Head Public House, which is located at General Sutter Inn. One of my daughters went inside and noticed that there was a beautiful and unique event space in the Inn. After lunch, we all went inside to see the space, and we were able to speak with the events manager, Jeff Merk. From our first meeting with Jeff, everything began to fall into place. He was wonderful to work with, and he had the ability to guide us in planning the wedding and reception while maintaining a stress free environment. He was always available to help out with any decision, and he provided us with recommendations on anything that the Inn could not provide, such as the photographer, officiant, etc. On the day of the wedding, Jeff and his staff coordinated the event perfectly and were available throughout the duration for anything we needed. If you are looking for a wedding venue, the absolutely gorgeous and accommodating General Sutter Inn is my recommendation. I do not hesitate in saying, please contact Jeff Merk for more information and a tour of the venue. You and your guests will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Becky M

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the General Sutter Inn. The quality of the event and the attentiveness of all of the staff was more than we could have ever asked for. Jeff is the man! He was so accommodating of our every request and made our day flow... Read More so seamlessly. The food was amazing, the bar and service staff we perfect, and the newly remodeled reception hall is beautiful. I honestly can't think of a negative thing to say. A lot of our family and friends also had the opportunity of spending the night at the Inn, and all were extremely pleased with their stay. They made our day perfect. Will certainly be giving the General Sutter Inn / Bull's Head our business of years to come.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Meghan H

My husband and I were married at the General Sutter Inn and it was one of the best decisions we made for the entire wedding! The venue itself is beautiful and its history made it unique. It was recently renovated and looks great. The best part of the Inn is the staff,... Read More particularly Jeff Merk. Jeff was an indispensable part of our wedding experience and made sure the wedding day ran as smoothly as possible. He was always available for questions and didn't hesitate to offer advice or suggestions for our reception. The food was great as well as the service. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and how much they enjoyed the food and drinks! We were also able to book rooms at the inn upstairs for the wedding party and out of town family. This made everything much less stressful, and we were able to have a full weekend to be with loved ones and relax and enjoy our time. General Sutter offers a beautiful venue, great food and drink, gorgeous rooms at the inn, and an amazing staff. You'd be hard pressed to find a better venue in Lancaster County. We highly recommend General Sutter Inn to future couples!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Sally W

We chose the General Sutter Inn as our reception venue because of its historical nature and beautiful decor. I wanted a place in which the room would stand out on its own with minimal decorating. The Sutter more than met our expectations! The assistance of the banquet manager,... Read More Jeff Merk, helped make our reception absolutely perfect. We had pretty high demands, but he met every one of them. He thinks of every detail and assures that everything runs like a well-oiled machine. The entire staff at the General Sutter Inn was extremely helpful and professional, both during the planning stages of our wedding and reception as well as on the day of the wedding. What really made our experience even better was the very reasonable price of everything. After looking at several venues, we knew this was the right one. It also provided our out-of-town guests a place to stay, and since the wedding and ceremony were in the same place, they did not need to travel anywhere. Some even came a day earlier to explore the lovely town of Lititz. The only down side is that the Sutter does not have elevators to the guest rooms, so some of our guests were unable to stay there because of this. They did, however, provide a ramp into the banquet room for our guest in a wheel chair. We enjoyed spending the night of our wedding in the Rock Lititz suite. We were able to have a little "after party" for our guests on the entire third floor which had a kitchen, living room, and a deck. Fortunately, no other guests were booked on that floor, so we had it all to our selves. I would highly recommend the General Sutter for your banquet needs. They helped make our wedding flawless and the dream wedding we planned it to be.

2016-08-02T10:35:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! You guys Rock!!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Tara S

My husband and I planned our wedding weekend in Lititz and chose the Sutter Inn for the Reception and were ABSOLUTELY THRILLED with the decision! We were married July 9, 2016 and all wedding guests traveled from out of town, with several coming in from Ireland to participate in... Read More the festivities. The hotel was rented out for our guests on Saturday night, and many guests, including my husband and I, stayed until Monday morning. Throughout the weekend, we could not have been happier with the attention to detail and overall excellence in service from Jeff and his team. Jeff is a professional, and will do whatever it takes to make sure you and your guests are having a terrific time. He helped us to come up with a back up plan in case our outdoor wedding was rained out (thankfully that didn't happen), assisted with room set-up needs for the reception the night before/day of, and took care of my husband and I throughout the reception on the day of the wedding. He also worked with us to pull together a "welcome event" for guests arriving Friday night which worked perfectly. Once the reception ended we invited guests to the Rock Lititz floor for an after party, and Jeff and crew had the space ready to go! They put out the beer and alcohol we purchased (shocked that our crew was wanting and able to still drink!), as well as the sandwiches and snacks we brought in. Everything looked great and guests continued to enjoy themselves! The next day we had an afternoon event planned to watch the Euro Cup Final, and celebrate a friend's birthday. Again, Jeff, Whitney and crew did not disappoint! They brought up the birthday cake we purchased, and extra chairs for guests. It was another impromptu party, and everyone felt welcome and at ease. All of our guests raved on about the Sutter Inn, and were thrilled with the weekend! We loved the food, rooms, community feel of the 3rd floor, and the Bull's Head. My husband and I could not have hoped for a better weekend and wedding experience, and that simply would not have been possible without the Sutter Inn!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016

We just hosted our son 's rehearsal dinner at the General Sutter Inn. It was absolutely perfect. The food was fabulous, the service was amazing. Lots of compliments from our guests, most locals who had either never been there or who said it had been many years. Absolutely... Read More recommend this.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016

We had both our rehearsal dinner and cocktail hour at the General Sutter, and we could not have been more impressed. Jeff made sure every detail was taken care of and even went above and beyond by bringing a tray of hors d'oeuvres to the bridal party down the road as we had... Read More photos taken. The food was delicious and the service was top-notch, not to mention how absolutely beautiful the venue is. I highly recommend the General Sutter Inn for your next wedding or event!

2016-07-07T17:08:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you. You guys rock!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 kelly t

Our wedding day couldn't have been more perfect. The General Sutter Inn went above and beyond to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. The food was exquisite, the staff was wonderful, the location was beautiful and the accommodations were top of the line. We couldn't... Read More have been more pleased with the entire experience. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have a fairy tale wedding.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Amy M

THE PERFECT CHOICE My husband and I had our reception at the Sutter two weeks ago and it couldn't have been a more perfect choice! From the moment we walked through their doors over 18 months ago, we knew immediately that this is where we wanted our party of our lives to be... Read More held. We absolutely fell in love with the intimacy of the atmosphere as it was exactly what we were looking for. It was absolutely the perfect place from the beginning! From planning, details, decisions to the special day, Jeff Merk and his staff were absolutely incredible with going above and beyond and are simply fantastic to work with, are friendly and professional in every way. Jeff has such a reassuring confidence about him that is extremely calming, especially for brides! Planning was made so very easy and seamless with this venue and its team! Our guests even raved about how attentive the staff was to the details. We also heard over and over from all of our guests that the food was the best food they have ever eaten at similar events! Even when there were a few glitches that we ran into, Jeff was right on top of things in order to find a very discreet and quick resolution which we were completely satisfied with! This venue really wants you to have one of the best days they can provide! The Rock Lititz Penthouse is a fantastic area to book to allow the privacy needed for the bridal party to get ready. In addition, it was a great way to have close friends and family together after the reception when we just weren’t ready to quit yet. It provides a private area including the deck, common area and kitchen which was so wonderful the night of our wedding and the morning after to sit down and have coffee before saying goodbye. I really can’t speak more highly of Jeff and how accommodating he is. The venue itself having so much charm and character is fit for any occasion. We can’t thank Jeff and his team enough for making our day everything we had hoped it would be and more! It couldn’t have been more perfect and it was all because of Jeff and The General Sutter!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Elizabeth R

My husband and I rented the ballroom at the General Sutter Inn for our rehearsal dinner. From the food to the environment, everything was amazing! Jeff the events manager was very accommodating with all of our needs and the requests of our guests. We cannot say enough good... Read More things about the experience! We would DEFINITELY recommend holding any even at the General Sutter!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Melissa H

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better place to get married! Everything-- ceremony on the patio, reception in the ballroom, hotel rooms-- was perfect. The ballroom was remodeled between when we booked and our wedding, and the changes are absolutely gorgeous! Our... Read More guests loved their hotel rooms, and it was so convenient (and fun!) to have the third floor lounge area to hang out in after the wedding and during down time all weekend. Jeff was extremely helpful and accommodating. To use my mother's words, "I love Jeff. He always finds a way for everything to work." I could not more highly recommend The General Sutter. It's beautiful, unique, and attached to the best beer bar in the cutest town in Pennsylvania, and Jeff is one of the nicest, most sincere people I've ever met. As soon as we drove away, we started planning when we could come back for a weekend. Our day was perfect, and we wouldn't change a thing.

Reviewed on 4/26/2016

Our son and daughter in-law's recent April wedding was a spectacular occasion and a great time was had by all! The Inn's setting and decor provided a fabulous backdrop for both the ceremony and reception. The weather was absolutely gorgeous the day of the wedding which allowed... Read More for a beautiful patio ceremony. The Inn accomodations were lovely and common, shared space on the third floor made for a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere for wedding guests. The banquet room has been recently refurbished and looks superb. Jeff Merk, Event Manager, did a marvelous job. He instilled calm in all of us during both the planning and the event. He provided very useful advice and guidance during the planning phase and was very flexible with our custom requests. He handled the event with expertise, knowledge and with the utmost attention to every detail . The Inn staff were, without exception, very polite and accommodating. I highly reccomend this venue for a wonderful wedding experience.

Reviewed on 3/25/2016

Last weekend we hosted a beautiful bridal shower at the ballroom of General Sutter Inn. Jeff was fantastic during the entire process! I had never been to the General Sutter in person, so I was relying on website photos and recommendations. The entire experience surpassed my... Read More expectations! From online communication, to the in-person/day-off details, Jeff was amazing. He even helped carry some of the larger gifts out to the car at the end of the event. I've dealt with Country Clubs in the past for events, and the General Sutter's service and food exceeds theirs. The ballroom is exquisite and the food delicious!The ballroom has been freshly painted with new carpeting. We were able to connect music remotely with an iphone, so we could play the soundtrack to "Breakfast at Tiffany's," the theme of our bridal shower. All of our guests raved about the experience. Thank you Jeff and the General Sutter staff for an amazing day that allowed the bridesmaids to relax and enjoy the day with the bride-to-be and guests!

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Mia C

There are not enough words to describe how amazing and perfect our wedding was at the General Sutter. To start from the beginning, we chose this venue approximately a year before our wedding. The planning stages were seamless - we worked directly with Jeff Merk and he was... Read More there for us every step of the way. Our wedding was a bit atypical, and the General Sutter was extremely accommodating with each of our requests. We also scheduled a tasting in advance (which I recommend), and the food was fabulous. Leading up the wedding, we were always in contact and I cannot stress how great the venue communicated with us! We had blocked out rooms for our family who was traveling from out of town and the guests felt right at home! On the day of the wedding, the staff was performing at the highest caliber- extremely helpful, and almost invisible-like; they were very stealth and took great care of us. We honestly have nothing about our day that we would change, and we are so thankful that we chose the General Sutter. Everything from beginning to end was absolutely perfect and we are grateful to the venue and their amazing staff! Special thanks to Jeff for making every detail count!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

My husband and I recently hosted our son's rehearsal dinner at the General Sutter Inn. Jeff Merk, the Sutter's event coordinator, was absolutely fabulous to work with! He was very organized, involved and made sure that everything ran smoothly that evening! We even had a glitch... Read More with forgetting the music that we had prepared, and he provided us with everything that we needed to replace what we had prepared with something very comparable. The room that we were in, it may have been called The Ballroom, was stunning. The historical charm along with the elegant nature of the room lended itself to a fabulous setting for our evening. Our guests, including those that are affluent, were very impressed. The food was very tasty and again, Jeff worked with us to make sure that we had everything that we wanted. I would definitely recommend this venue and host another party here if the opportunity would arise. Thank you, General Sutter - our experience was amazing!

The General Sutter Rocks!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

We had 80 guests at our wedding reception and all 80 guests were raving about how wonderful everything was. Jeff Merk and his staff were just fantastic to work with. The food was fabulous. We were a bit behind schedule, but the kitchen and servers worked right along with us to... Read More ensure everything was perfect...and it was! I would highly recommend the Sutter to any bride & groom to be! Everyone enjoyed an open bar that served nice drinks all evening. We also rented rooms upstairs which were great and made it convenient for the wedding party. The Sutter worked with all of our venders to make sure the evening would run smoothly. We have absolutely nothing negative to say!! THE GENERAL SUTTER ROCKS!