General Sutter Inn

Lititz, PA

Everything Old......Is New Again

The historic General Sutter Inn gives visitors and guests an opportunity to experience a true historic Lancaster County country inn. Sixteen spacious rooms including two suites are decorated in contemporary Victorian styles. Our ROCKBLOCK Penthouse offers unique, rock & roll decor combined with amenities that include kitchenette, deck, and laundry room. Make the General Sutter Inn your home base for weddings, events, or just while you enjoy visiting the many sites and attractions which Lititz and Lancaster County, Pennsylvania have to offer.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Service Staff

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

14 E Main St, Lititz, PA (717) 626-2115

Reviewed on 6/24/2016

When we were trying to decide where we wanted to have our wedding, we didn't have to look far: we went to the hotel that is part of the complex where our favorite local English Pub, The Bulls Head, is located. Every single staff member, from the servers, to the managing partner... Read More of the Sutter, did everything within their power to ensure that my fiance (now my wife) had the wedding and reception of her dreams. We sat down with Jeff (Wedding Jeff) Merk, who managed to nail down our perfect day rather quickly. As the day approached, he would check on us routinely, to ensure that we were stress-free. As our families are both from outside of the Lititz area, we rented all of the rooms at the hotel for the weekend. Our ceremony, as well as the reception, were held in the ballroom, which was absolutely magical. We were able to include many of our friends who work at the Bulls Head, as well. The bar manager, Carson, even managed to get ordained in order to marry us! Talk about raising the bar on excellent service!! Our weekend was absolutely perfect, and we highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Lauren S

Where to begin! My family and I have been frequenting the Sutter/Bulls Head for many years so we were no strangers to the charm and authenticity of this fine establishment. What really blew us away was the awesome customer service and professionalism of both Jeff Merk and his... Read More team. From the minute we began the process with Jeff it was nothing but accommodation and sheer concern that our wedding would be just as we wanted it! Additionally, and most important the food was the best. As someone that is in the culinary field the meal was top notch. From the perfectly roasted beef tenderloin, to the al dente snip green beans and pearl onions, just awesome. Lastly if your looking for a great atmosphere for the girls to get ready in and then somewhere to hold the after party, the rock Lititz penthouse on the third floor is your best option. Tons of space, an awesome rec room with attached patio, kitchen and a great suite for the bride Groom. Overall I can't thank Jeff and the sutter enough for making our wedding exactly how we pictured it. Our first anniversary will be back with you guys! Lauren and Rj 5/14/16

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Matt M

Wow, it has been exactly one year since our wedding day. Our wedding was such a beautiful and joyful event. Our family and friends had joined us to celebrate our marriage and it was The General Sutter Inn and Bull’s Head Public House that made it perfect. When we originally... Read More started looking for a wedding reception venue, we juggled between having a large wedding vs a smaller close family wedding. We visited several venues in Lancaster County but they all seemed to have so many pros and cons which didn’t help us with a decision. So one evening we decided to talk over an idea at Bull’s Head pub - we always love sharing their English fish and chips...they also have an amazing beer selection! So after our meal we noticed that they were doing work on the banquet room so we checked it out. Awesome space and very beautiful. We said to each other “could this be it?!” So we began asking questions at the front desk. We were contacted by Jeff Merk. This guy is the event coordinator you want for your reception. We told him our vision and it was all put together. Jeff set up multiple appointments for us where we went over the table setup to our linens. Oh, the menu tasting was beyond awesome. They let us try full plates of our selected menu. That was huge for me. You want to know that the food your friends and family will be served is of the highest quality - General Sutter’s sets that bar. Jeff set up our menu, reviewed our table layout, and broke down our butler service for the reception. We had no questions left unanswered. The icing on the cake for us was the beautiful room and the gorgeous Christmas tree with decorations. Best part about a December wedding at the Sutter is that all the decorations are included with the room. Overall, we had an outstanding experience and would highly recommend this location to anyone who is planning a wedding in the Lancaster area.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Jennifer P

My husband and I were recently married at the General Sutter Inn. This being our second marriage for both, we were looking for a venue that was quaint and intimate. We didn't have to look far being residents of Lititz. From the first time we met with Jeff Merk, we felt... Read More comfortable and stress-free, Jeff made our wedding experience feel like it was our first. His devotion to our special evening was amazing. Jeff and his staff were very welcoming and made sure all our needs were met. We highly recommend the General Sutter Inn.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Anthony R

Book it now. Don't bother looking anywhere else, this is your place. No barns, no chain hotels, this place is what you need. Don't waste you money on ridiculous fees or being forced to pick from a list of approved cooks or DJs, just book here. Let's start with Jeff, the event... Read More coordinator. Weddings are stressful to plan, but I mean it, anything you wanted or needed, months in advance or day of, he could and did make happen. He is laid back but also very creative which makes the entire process so much less stressful. Our wedding would not have been the same without his help and his knowledge of the industry and what works and doesn't work is spot on. He gets it and then some! Give this guy a raise. The venue itself was perfect for our Gatsby style. The natural decor of the building made picture taking easy and is within walking distance of MANY places. The ballroom was very spacious even with us maxing out capacity! Plenty of room for dancing and the patio was great as a place to take a breather, or in our case, hold the ceremony itself. They have the top of the line sound system both inside and outside along with multicolored lights and patterns if needed. The hotel itself held our group and you have the option to rent out entire floors (if available) which we did and had access to a full kitchen with a stove top, oven, full sized fridge, etc. We picked out 3 entrees all of which were delicious. We could have picked out more as during the tasting we tried a ton of different options, all of which were very good. The rest of the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, all of which made the guests happy and my wife and I more calm. So to reiterate, don't waste your time looking anywhere else. This is the place you need for your special day. Book it now!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Cecelia B

Jeff and the staff at The General Sutter are absolutely phenomenal! Go above and beyond every step of the way and will do whatever it takes to make your wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Rebecca M

Our wedding reception was absolutely perfect! It was exactly what we imagined, but better than we could have expected! Everything went flawlessly, which is all because of Jeff and his wonderful staff! Believe me when I say...they know what they are doing! From the early planning... Read More to executing everything the day of, my husband and I got everything we wanted and actually really enjoyed the whole process. We were able to completely focus on each other and our family and friends when the day arrived because we knew everything was more than under control. The food was delicious, the service was exceptional, and the after party/accommodations on the third floor were exactly what we wanted after the long day! Jeff really went above and beyond to make sure everyone was happy and enjoying the celebration.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017

Jeff and his team did an excellent job. Our guests even commented on how friendly and helpful all the staff were. Jeff took care of all the details so we did not have to worry about a thing. Beautiful historic venue, great food and the use of the third floor Rock Lititz area... Read More after the reception topped off the night! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Corrine E

This Venue is AMAZING! Jeff, the coordinator, listened to every request we had and made it happen. The staff is so kind. Everyone wanted to make sure the day went smoothly. And Jeff was always quick to answer emails, questions and concerns we had. The venue is also very laid... Read More back but also very professional. They were kind enough to set up and tear down the room, with no extra charges. The price is also amazing. For all of the inclusion you get with the venue, the price is outstanding. Couldn't have picked a better venue to get married!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Christine M

My husband Tom and I had our son and Daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner at the General Sutter Inn on June 25, 2017. This was our first experience planning a rehearsal dinner and Jeff Merk helped us plan every step of the way. We had a beautiful room with plenty of space for our... Read More 35 guests. Jeff set up pub style tables for the first hour of mingling and then we had tables beautifully set for our sit down dinner. The food was delicious from appetizers which included the cheese and meat platter to all our dinner selections. Jeff and his team were there the whole time making sure everyone was taken care of. I would highly recommend the General Sutter Inn for any event one would have. Thanks for making our rehearsal dinner a memorable event.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Sarah S

My husband and I just had our wedding reception there this past weekend and could not be happier! Jeff did an outstanding job helping us throughout the entire planning process and executed well on the day of our wedding. Not only was the reception affordable for us, but the... Read More staff were amazing. They set up our tables for us (including decorations, favors, and table numbers), made sure we were taken care of all night with food and drinks, and paid special attention to all of our wedding guests. They also cleaned everything up for us and had it all in a designated area for us to take home the next day. Totally stress-free! We got many compliments from guests saying that they enjoyed the reception and loved the food. We had 120 people in attendance and the room was the perfect size and we still had enough room for a dance floor. We also rented out the 3rd floor of the hotel so that the party could continue upstairs after the reception had ended. The guests loved that aspect and it was so cool to have a more intimate area to head to in order to continue having fun! The rooms on the 3rd floor are great, too. Plenty of room for a bridal party to get ready! I would absolutely recommend the Sutter to anyone looking for an event venue, whether it be wedding reception, Christmas party, birthday, bridal shower, etc. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Liz H

I had my rehearsal dinner and my wedding on 6/24 at the General Sutter and I cannot say enough good things about them. From the beginning, Jeff made me feel at ease and everything stress free. He was quick to respond to emails or calls and was always flexible around the ideas I... Read More had and gave me great advice when I needed it. The day of my rehearsal dinner Jeff was fantastic and made me feel so good going into my wedding day to know that the service would be top notch. On my wedding day, Jeff and his team knocked it out of the park. My guests/bridal party all felt right at home and taken care of throughout the whole night and I can't say how much I appreciate it. I would highly suggest booking a tour to look at the General Sutter for your wedding day, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Jo J

Choosing the venue for your wedding ceremony and reception is a big deal. We had never been to the General Sutter Inn, but found great reviews for it online and decided to visit for dinner one night to check things out before we booked a meeting with the site coordinator. After... Read More tasting the food and seeing the ballroom, we knew that it would be a great place for us. We thought it might be out of our budget, but after sitting down with Jeff Merk, the events coordinator, we realized we could have a unique, customized event for less than we expected. From our first meeting, Jeff was instrumental in helping things run smoothly for us. He was happy to answer all of our questions and meet with us several times to go over our plans. We had 90 out-of-town guests invited, so we rented the entire inn, and Jeff gave recommendations for other local inns as well. When the day finally came, everything was beyond our expectations. The ballroom was stunning, the food was amazing, the accommodations were comfortable, and Jeff and his team helped the event flow seamlessly from ceremony to reception. Multiple times throughout the night, Jeff made time to check in with us and make sure we had absolutely everything we needed. At the end of the night he assured us that our rowdy friends were welcome to continue to enjoy the inn upstairs - after all, our party were the only guests. He made us feel like we were at home, and we did. It’s been a month since we said “I do”, and we’re still getting messages from guests lettings us know how good the food was and how much they enjoyed themselves. We don’t have a single negative thing say! If you’re looking for a beautiful venue for an event, we would highly recommend The General Sutter Inn! We cannot thank Jeff and his staff more for making our day unique and stress-free! Our details: Guests: 102 Date: May 28, 2017 Bridesmaids and Groomsmen: 14 Ceremony : Indoors in the General Sutter Inn Ballroom Reception: Indoors in the General Sutter Inn Ballroom Menu: Filet Mignon / Crab-Stuffed Salmon / Pasta with Garlic Cream Sauce Cake: No Cake! We had the General Sutter’s signature Sticky Toffee Pudding instead! Bar: Open beer / wine / soda bar. We chose not to serve hard alcohol

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Sandy

We recently got married at the General Sutter Inn and it was a wonderful experience. Jeff Mark and his staff were great and made our day perfect. The banquet room was beautiful and the accommodations were awesome. Highly recommend The General Sutter Inn.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Sarah K

We were married at the General Sutter April 2017, and we had an unforgettable experience. We used the ballroom for our ceremony and reception and the patio for cocktail hour. Our family and friends stayed at the bed and breakfast for the weekend which made it an incredible... Read More experience. Jeff, the event coordinator was very helpful. He went out of his way to make our friends and family comfortable. He and the staff were available for any last minute requests related to our event, which of course, always happen! He was very flexible to our itinerary and was very present during our event for any issues that arose. You could tell that he enjoys what he does, because he went out of his way to make my day as a bride special. My husband, family, and friends were very complimentary of the food as well. Dinner was served on time and hot and the bar service was what you could hope to have. Jeff worked with our family to help meet our budget needs and make the day a true celebration. We couldn't have been happier with how our wedding weekend turned out, and Jeff and the staff at the Sutter were a huge part of that success.

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Rachel L

We were so pleased with our daughter's St Patrick's Day wedding reception at the General Sutter Inn. The venue is beautiful and historic. The event planner, Jeff Merk was wonderful to work with. He was very pleasant, forthright with pricing (no hidden fees) and extremely... Read More accommodating. He made planning the reception a breeze. He even hooked us up with a local bagpiper we hired to introduce the newlyweds into their reception! The bride & groom chose five hot butlered hors d' ourves which were all delicious. Jeff made sure the wedding party was greeted (after arriving from the wedding ceremony at Linden Hall Chapel) with plenty of drinks and hors d' ourves while they waited outside the reception room to be formally "introduced". They also chose to have an open bar, served garden salad and a buffet that included the 6 oz tenderloin, stuffed brie chicken and crab croquette entrees. Our guests raved about the variety of tasty entrees, some even tried all three... but the crab croquettes were hands down the favorite. Jeff saved the day when he told us the chef fixed our wedding cake... after we discovered it accidentally fell over during transport!!! He made sure all our decorations and guest tables were set up perfectly as discussed. We really appreciated Jeff was available and attentive throughout the entire reception, giving special attention to the newlyweds and their parents. He even dismissed a few wedding crashers he discovered trying to sneak into our awesome "DJ Freez" dance party. lol (DJ Freez is the best, so talented and professional!) We rented out the whole 3rd floor "Rock Lititz" Penthouse for the evening, which we highly recommend. It was the perfect place to unwind after the reception for a small after party. We thought the rooms were all very nice and the beds were especially comfortable. The Continental breakfast included with our overnight stay was very good. We were pleasantly surprised to find bacon and eggs available as well as a variety of cold options. All in all... It was a wonderful experience and we wouldn't have changed a thing!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Aleece M

Every couple dreams of their wedding day. As mother of the bride, I truly wanted for beginning their lives as one to be an extraordinary experience. Their wedding was an enchanted affair that far surpassed our expectations! We chose The General Sutter Inn, Lititz PA. They... Read More made this dream a reality. In our society we are expected to pay for every service. However, The Sutter's wedding package was indeed a package. As part of their hospitality, they extended their penthouse suite. Jeff, the general manager, catered to us from our initial meeting. His experience provided all and left nothing for want. Each detail was in the perfect amount. The banquet room is full of rich woods, fine linens, and nostalgia. This wedding felt truly unique and our very own. The memories of the day will be treasured for lifetime to come. This review is my heartfelt gratitude.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Kelsey A

The General Sutter Inn was a dream venue for our wedding. Jeff is the event coordinator, and he did an absolutely wonderful job making our day stress-free. My husband and I always had a full drink in our hands, and everything ran completely seamlessly! Throughout planning,... Read More Jeff was beyond helpful. He was very flexible with our menu, as my family and I have numerous food allergies. Most places charge you extra for menu changes, but he included it all in the (very reasonable) price. He even went out and bought gluten-free soy sauce for me! Over all, I could not have asked for a better reception venue. The ballroom has been redone, and it is absolutely gorgeous! Very well updated, and pretty enough that we didn't have to decorate at all beyond centerpieces. I would recommend the General Sutter to anyone and everyone. Best. Place. Ever.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Kimberly B

We could not have had a better experience for our reception 11/26/2016! The food was fantastic, the staff was friendly and very accommodating. Jeff the events coordinator went above and beyond for us from the very start. Highly, highly recommend General Sutter Inn not just... Read More for an event but for beautiful place to visit for dinner and drinks!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Carol B

We had my daughter and son in law's wedding reception here in Oct. We couldnt be happier with the outcome. Jeff Merk is great to work with. He is attentive to every detail and works hard to ensure that your special day is exactly as you want it to be. The Sutter is gorgeous yet... Read More affordable and any event here will look classy and elegant no matter what your budget. The food was great and Jeff and his staff made sure that all of our guests were well taken care of the entire night. We received too many compliments to count. I highly recommend The General Sutter Inn and cant say it enough, Jeff is the best!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Debra V

My son and his fiancée were married Friday night, the 18th of November. I cannot say enough of how wonderful that day was. The ballroom was beautiful and the food delicious. Jeff is fantastic to work with. He and his staff go way above and beyond to help you make beautiful... Read More memories. Thank you to everyone in making this a day to remember.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

My wife Susan and I hosted our son and daughter-in-law' rehearsal dinner in the ballroom at the beautiful General Sutter Inn in Lititz. on November 4th, and what a delight it was. From the horderves to the meal choices we made (we selected Filet Mignon or Pork Loin, with... Read More optional Crab Cake), the food was fantastic and the atmosphere was beautiful. We worked with Jeff Merk, who we can't say enough good things about. We delivered some items to the room before leaving for the rehearsal, and when I returned a few minutes later (having forgotten something), there was Jeff, in our room, going over each chair with a cloth to make sure everything was spotless. Throughout our experience, it was just so clear how much he loves to make sure his guests are happy. And we sure were happy. I enthusiastically recommend either the ballroom or the smaller private room for rehearsal dinners or wedding receptions. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Charlotte M. C

My daughter and her fiancé had a simply perfect wedding and reception at General Sutter Inn this past September. We looked at quite a few places before stumbling onto General Sutter Inn, and affordability is one of the main reasons that we chose General Sutter Inn. This venue... Read More is able to provide elegance in an intimate setting in the midst of a charming, small town. We discovered General Sutter Inn during our first trip to Lititz. My daughters and I decided to have lunch at Bulls Head Public House, which is located at General Sutter Inn. One of my daughters went inside and noticed that there was a beautiful and unique event space in the Inn. After lunch, we all went inside to see the space, and we were able to speak with the events manager, Jeff Merk. From our first meeting with Jeff, everything began to fall into place. He was wonderful to work with, and he had the ability to guide us in planning the wedding and reception while maintaining a stress free environment. He was always available to help out with any decision, and he provided us with recommendations on anything that the Inn could not provide, such as the photographer, officiant, etc. On the day of the wedding, Jeff and his staff coordinated the event perfectly and were available throughout the duration for anything we needed. If you are looking for a wedding venue, the absolutely gorgeous and accommodating General Sutter Inn is my recommendation. I do not hesitate in saying, please contact Jeff Merk for more information and a tour of the venue. You and your guests will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Becky M

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the General Sutter Inn. The quality of the event and the attentiveness of all of the staff was more than we could have ever asked for. Jeff is the man! He was so accommodating of our every request and made our day flow... Read More so seamlessly. The food was amazing, the bar and service staff we perfect, and the newly remodeled reception hall is beautiful. I honestly can't think of a negative thing to say. A lot of our family and friends also had the opportunity of spending the night at the Inn, and all were extremely pleased with their stay. They made our day perfect. Will certainly be giving the General Sutter Inn / Bull's Head our business of years to come.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Meghan H

My husband and I were married at the General Sutter Inn and it was one of the best decisions we made for the entire wedding! The venue itself is beautiful and its history made it unique. It was recently renovated and looks great. The best part of the Inn is the staff,... Read More particularly Jeff Merk. Jeff was an indispensable part of our wedding experience and made sure the wedding day ran as smoothly as possible. He was always available for questions and didn't hesitate to offer advice or suggestions for our reception. The food was great as well as the service. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and how much they enjoyed the food and drinks! We were also able to book rooms at the inn upstairs for the wedding party and out of town family. This made everything much less stressful, and we were able to have a full weekend to be with loved ones and relax and enjoy our time. General Sutter offers a beautiful venue, great food and drink, gorgeous rooms at the inn, and an amazing staff. You'd be hard pressed to find a better venue in Lancaster County. We highly recommend General Sutter Inn to future couples!