Genovese Ashford Studios

Louisiana & Beyond

Reviewed on 11/27/2015 Kate S

Great service :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Megan D

While meeting Kim and Chris during our initial visit, I immediately felt comfortable and knew I wanted them to help with my wedding photography. They were very responsive to emails and answering any questions/concerns I had. Kim took both bridal portraits and wedding day... Read More photography. Kim and her assistant were very pleasant and professional while also keeping on track of our schedule! They were very discreet while capturing special moments throughout the entire day. We are very appreciative of their talent and the beautiful work they did! We highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Ashley C

Could not be more satisfied that we choose Genovese-Ashford Studios for our wedding! Every part of the planning with them was easy and worry-free. They were always quick to answer any questions that we had. Chris shot both our engagement session as well as our wedding and was so... Read More awesome to work with. Everyone that has seen our pictures has been amazed and only had good things to say. We would absolutely recommend them to any future bride and groom, family, anyone wanting to be photographed. The quality and attention to detail is really unbelievable!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Mary E. H

Great photography! GA worked with me to capture everything I wanted from engagements to the big day! They are great at naturally posed photos as well as on fly photos on the wedding day. Great communication and so easy to reach. You will love your photos for years to come!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Christina C

Genovese-Ashford did my bridal portraits, as well as, my wedding photography in August. Chris did an amazing job. He is very professional. I liked that he captured every moment from the night without us even knowing that he was there. They also did a great job photographing all... Read More of the little details while we were getting ready in the hotel. Chris' personality is very calm but assertive. He made sure that the family shots were done in an expedited manner, so that the groom and I could get to our photos without making the guests wait too long. I would highly recommend Genovese-Ashford Studios.

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Ashley P

We could not have been more pleased with Kim and Chris throughout our entire wedding process. From our engagements, to my bridal portraits, to the incredible job that they did on our wedding...we could not have asked for more! They were so easy to communicate with the entire... Read More time and were always very professional! On our wedding day, their "fly on the wall" approach was so true! We hardly ever noticed that they were there, but they captured every moment so perfectly! We can't thank them enough for the priceless memories that will last forever! Highly, highly recommend them for any occasion!

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Theresa B

Chris Genovese and his assistant Lauren were excellent! They are very personable and helped plan the photography with me in advance for the wedding day so everything ran smoothly. On the day of the wedding they were very professional and discrete. I didn't even realize most of... Read More the pictures were being taken! They didn't distract from the event at all. The pictures they took are absolutely GORGEOUS! They did a wonderful mix of black and white and color. The candid photos they took are amazing and the posed shots are beautiful as well. Chris helped us get the best location for post- wedding bridal party photographs around Houston that look amazing. The pictures captured everything I wanted in my wedding photos. Genovese Ashford Photography is also a great deal! They offer top-notch photography with 2 photographers for a wonderful price. They were exactly what I was looking for and fit perfectly in the budget. I will cherish these photographs for years to come! I would recommend them to all brides looking for a great photographer!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Brittany A

The pictures I received from my wedding are stunning. They captured our personalities perfectly and I could not have asked for anything better. I will recommend them to all of my friends and family.

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Heather

COULDN'T HAVE BEEN HAPPIER!!!! From the minute I even met Kim, before the wedding, I felt like I was talking to a friend that already knew me. Kim and her assistant have really captured some amazing moments from our wedding. As we first started going through the pictures, my... Read More husband and I actually were getting emotional because it was us walking through the day all over. And half these pictures I wasn't even aware a camera was on us - which to me meant the most. I am definitely someone that wants moments then set up poses...and that's what I got. Plus we got to just have fun and the pictures reflect the love and humor, and really reflect us. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Jennifer D

This is a weird one to review, because the photographer we booked got sick and didn't show up. His back up was very friendly and professional, however we went with this studio because we loved the photojournalistic style. Our photos are very staged, and there was not artistry in... Read More the angles, light, or final editing. Acceptable but nothing special to recommend.

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 Hannah R

I came across Genovese and Ashford after searching for photographers on The Knot and after reading many glowing reviews, my fiancé and I decided to visit them in person. We met with Kim at their office in Baton Rouge and we both walked out of the meeting knowing we wanted... Read More Genovese and Ashford to shoot our wedding. Kim did my bridal shoot and I couldn't be more pleased with the pictures. She was so easy to work with and made me feel very comfortable during the whole process. Kim and Chris came to shoot our wedding and again we could not be more pleased with their professionalism and the way they made things run so easy and efficiently. It took a little over six weeks to get our pictures back and we absolutely love them. Their pricing was reasonable and they do high quality work. I would highly recommend them for any occasion.

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Lee D

We had a great experience with both Chris and Kim for all of our wedding photography needs. I fell in love with all my pictures from the engagement pictures, bridals, and day of wedding. There were so many good ones to pick from! I highly recommend using them for a wedding and... Read More any other photography needs.

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Jodi T

Chris and both of his assistants were amazing to work with! Chris did both our engagement photos and wedding photos. We had to reschedule our engagement photos a few times due to illness/weather and we ended up with a gorgeous Saturday in December! He was always so easy going... Read More and we love his photo-journalistic style instead of the typical posed photos. He has such a fun attitude and always put us at ease. He is always on top of his communication and very helpful in answering all of the questions. Several people said some of our engagement and wedding photos should be in magazines which speaks very highly of his quality! He captures the true moments of your wedding day and it helps recreate the entire day. We found him at a wedding showcase and loved his style online when he was fairly new to Houston. We trusted him from the beginning and you should too!

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Katy R

Genovese Ashford Studios was a pleasure to work with. Chris and Kim really captured our special day! Chris was courteous and professional and the final photos are beautiful!! I can't say enough good things about Chris and highly recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent... Read More photographer!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Tracy K

we booked Genovese Ashford Studios over a year before our wedding, and it was definitely a great decision! Kim is great to work with and she is very accomodating of your schedule. With the bad weather in this spring, my bridal appointments had to be moved 3 times, which pushed... Read More the bridals with less than a month from the wedding. Kim Ashford had my pictures posted with more than enough time to print some for the wedding. Prior to the wedding, they sent a questionaire to make sure they knew exactly what we wanted, to make the time of formal pictures minimal so we could have more time to enjoy ourselves. The Pictures are absolutely STUNNING!!!! I couldnt be more happy, and they truley captured the event perfectly. Thank you Genovese Ashford Studios!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Lauren C

Mrs. Kim and her assistant were great to work with and provided excellent services. She provided the best quality pictures that my husband and I love. Overall we are very satisfied with our wedding pictures. Kim and her assistant were very professional and will make the best out... Read More of your special day. I would definitely recommend Genovese Ashford Studios.

Absolutely Wonderful Wedding Photos!

Reviewed on 4/08/2015 Lauren S

I can't say enough about how much I loved working with Genovese Ashford Studios. Before the wedding, Chris and his staff answered any and all questions and were very easy to work with. At the wedding, Chris and his assistant were very professional and did an excellent job of... Read More documenting our special day. The pictures themselves are just beautiful and really take me back to our wedding day! SO glad I went with Genovese Ashford Studios- They have excellent pricing and do a wonderful job!

Everything I hoped for!

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Cheri P

Finding the right photographer was the most important part about wedding planning for me. I knew that my pictures would be all that I would have to keep the memories of our wedding night since the night would fly by. I really had no idea just HOW FAST it would actually fly by,... Read More and how little I would get to stop to appreciate the details and the people that were there celebrating with us. I wanted a photographer who, I felt, had an eye for capturing the moments rather than planning and posing them. When we took our engagement pictures, we worked with Kim. We were pleased with her attitude and felt comfortable which definitely made posing for pictures easier. On the day/night of our wedding, we were able to enjoy ourselves without worrying that certain pictures would be missed. I actually found Genovese-Ashford through and fell in love with their journalistic approach to weddings. When I saw the pictures from OUR day, I was just blown away. All of the details were captured beautifully, and we got some great action shots that really show our family and friends personalities. The hardest part is picking which pictures to include in our album.

Great job!

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 francesca p

Chris did an amazing job with our engagement and bridal photos! He took the time to answer my countless questions before we booked Genovese Ashford and again throughout the wedding planning process, listening to me and providing valuable advice based on his years of... Read More experience. He also worked seamlessly with our wedding planner. We just got our wedding photos back and they are amazing, tasteful without being super staged, the perfect mix of candid and more formal shots. Chris and his assistant (she went above and beyond, even helped me pin up my skirt as we were leaving the hotel when I felt like it was dragging!) did a great job of capturing the mood of the wedding, my husband looking and smiling at me during at me during the ceremony, my mother getting down with my brothers during the reception and everything in between! I know I will have a hard time picking photos for our wedding album. Thanks so much again guys!

Genovese Ashford Studios Was Amazing

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Alexis C

Chris and his assistant were so wonderful to work with. They met us at a hotel to shoot initial shots of us getting ready and then traveled with us to the venue. The photos came out so amazing and we really forgot they were even there. They got us through our portraits and... Read More family pictures in a timely manner, so that we could go mingle with our guests. They had great suggestions for us, which was good because we had no real clue on what to do. I sent some poses that we wanted to do in an email and they made sure that we included those. They were professional, friendly, and helpful. We would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Great photographers!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Erin W

I recently got married at Oak Alley plantation and used Genovese-Ashford as my photographers. I do no live in Louisiana, so picking venders was a bit difficult, but I could not have picked better photographers !They were AMAZING! Chris was absolutely wonderful. He immediately... Read More put me at ease as soon as I met him. He took time to talk with me over the phone to discuss things I liked, to be sure we would be a good match. I was a bit of a last minute bride, and Chris was very patient with me and worked with me. I didn't meet Kim until the wedding as Chris did our engagements and my bridals, but she was also great! They captured all the details of the feel of my wedding perfectly. The packages they offer are such a reasonable price and include so much! They were able to get all my pictures back to me so quick! I've heard of brides having to wait several months after the wedding to see their pictures, but that is not the case with Chris and Kim. They got my engagements, bridals, and wedding pictures all back to me in around 3 weeks. I'm so happy I chose Genovese Ashford!

June 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Erin D

My husband and I are very pleased with the service Genovese Ashford Studios provided for our engagement photos, bridal portraits, and wedding photos. We worked with Chris, who is very laid-back and friendly. Chris was accommodating and did an excellent job of taking beautiful... Read More pictures without putting any pressure on us or posing us awkwardly. As someone who doesn't love having her picture taken, I can honestly say I was able to relax around Chris and have a good time during the portrait sessions. We took our engagement photos in New Orleans' City Park and the bridal/wedding photos were at Houmas House Plantation. I was impressed by how well Chris knew our venue and exactly where to take the best pictures, even down to the best time of day. The photographs were absolutely stunning and we have received tons of compliments on them from family and friends. I would highly recommend Genovese Ashford Studios.

Amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 9/13/2014 Vasu M

My husband and I loved our experience with Chris & Kim during our engagement photo shoot as well as our wedding. Kim was our main photographer for both and she did a fabulous job. She put me at ease throughout the entire process and went above and beyond the day of. Not only did... Read More they provide a great product, they also provided a great service! If you are looking for a stress free vendor then I highly recommend Genovese Ashford studios!!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Hannah G

Kim and Chris were wonderful to work with throughout the whole process of planning my wedding. For both, engagement and bridals the weather looked "iffy" and Kim was in touch with me the whole day trying to see what would work best for all parties. Any requests I had they made... Read More sure they did everything to meet those! We now have great shots to remember our special day by in the years to come.

Great experience

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 G W

We talked to two photographers before making the decision to work with this studio. They were very friendly and answered all our questions which made us very confident about hiring for the photo session. Later our BR photographer Kim Ashford was very patient and understanding... Read More when we asked questions/ made requests during the session and she would analyze the requests and come up with nice photos as a result of her artistic skills and our ideas combined.