Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo

667 Laurel Street, Baton Rouge, LA
Louisiana & Beyond

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Paul H

All 5 stars for sure!! My husband and I were so thankful to have Genovese Ashford Studios at our wedding, they captured it perfectly. Chris worked his magic for my bridal portraits and I love them. They are easy to get in contact with, very personable, and want to do what is... Read More best for their customer. The prices are unbeatable and they are true professionals with years of experience. I recommend them to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Danielle W

Genovese-Ashford studios was a pleasure to work with! They were very prompt, patient, cooperative, and creative with the photos we asked for. They were very helpful in answering our questions and flexible due to weather in New Orleans. We were pleased with the package we... Read More purchased--one of the best deals in the area. All of our engagement and wedding photos turned out great--they beautifully captured our wedding ceremony and reception. They also were very time-efficient and organized in taking the shots. We would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Litany B

Absolutely LOVE Genovese-Ashford Studios. They photographed our engagement session, my bridal session, as well as our wedding ceremony and reception. We had the pleasure of working with Kim, and she was really phenomenal. She was always professional but she came with a laid-back... Read More vibe that most definitely helped us get over our initial awkwardness in front of the camera. She always had great ideas for poses, and once we got more comfortable, she was excited to try out our own ideas. My husband and I truly adore each and every one of our photos, and we're lucky to have had a photographer that cared for us like a friend would. I highly recommend them and would absolutely use them all over again! Fantastic people and fantastic pictures!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 brittany m

The ladies at Genoese Ashford did an amazing job for my engagements and bridals! They were so much fun to work with and did everything I could've wished for! Highly recommend them and I will continue using them for all of our future events!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016

Chris Genovese is everything you want in a wedding photographer and then some. From our initial phone call to the last shot on the wedding day, he was phenomenal. He was extremely professional, knew what he was talking about, and made sure we knew exactly what we were going to... Read More get. We didn't actually meet him in person until our engagements but he was so friendly and made us feel very comfortable throughout the shoot despite having just met. Those pictures were amazing and the work he and Lauren did for our wedding were absolutely stunning! I can't stop looking at the pictures; every time I go through them I love them more and more. They were able to capture every important moment of our day without being in the way. You will hardly know he's there! You can feel the emotions of the day through the photographs. We couldn't have asked for better and can't thank them enough! We loved working with him so much we recommended him to my brother-in-law and his fiance, so we have the pleasure of seeing Chris again in January! All in all, if you want beautiful pictures and a photographer with a fantastic personality, look no further. This is it.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Candace B

Kim and her team did the most amazing job for all of out wedding events! This included our engagement photos, bridals, rehearsal dinner and our wedding! Kim was so easy to work with, would reply promptly with any questions or concerns and was able to re-arrange schedules when... Read More weather was an issue! We really appreciated her dedication and enthusiasm for all of our shoots! Most importantly, all of our photos turned out absolutely stunning! She was able to capture every special moment I had hoped for as well as moments we specially requested. We can't thank her team enough for being a part of our special day and helping to make sure everything went smoothly. Thank you again Kim!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

Genovese Ashford was wonderful! Our wedding was 6 months ago in Houston and I have finally found the time to sit down and write reviews for all of our wonderful vendors and awesome photographer. Our photographer was Chris and he did our engagement photos, my bridals and our... Read More wedding day. My husband and I live in Chicago but are from Houston so decided to have our wedding in Houston as it was much more convenient for our friends and family (plus I wanted a winter wedding which is not ideal in Chicago). Needless to say traveling back and forth for wedding planning and pictures was quite a challenge and we both had very restrictive schedules, but Chris was so flexible and accommodating and happily worked around our busy schedules. He even shot my bridals the week of Thanksgiving since it was the only time I could be in town before the wedding but after my dress was finished in alterations. We were very happy with our engagement photos and they made for a great save the date! What ultimately convinced me that I had chosen the right photographer was when I saw my bridal portraits. I have never liked how I photograph (regardless of what other people tell me) so I was nervous about having so many individual pictures of myself and was worried that no matter how beautiful my dressed looked I would still not love how I looked. Well, I could not have been more wrong. I can honestly say I loved every single one of my bridal portraits, they were gorgeous! I don’t know how Chris did it, but I could not have been happier. The pictures showed off my dress, veil and bouquet beautifully but also captured my personality too. As far as the wedding, Chris and his assistant were just as great then. I have pictures of every single significant moment and didn’t even notice them during the ceremony but the pictures were all wonderful and really captured all the emotions and fun of the wedding. We ended up with over 700 from the wedding and narrowing it down to 100 for an album was beyond difficult. My mother has already ordered some portraits and an album and the turn-around time is so quick compared to what I expected which is great and the quality is great too. We had a great experience and would absolutely recommend Chris and Genovese Ashford Studios to any couple for their wedding!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Rachel B

Jennifer and Suzette were fantastic to work with! They both were very professional and got all of our pictures done quickly and efficiently. Our pictures came out beautifully, and I loved how they were willing to try to work in some of the shots I was wanting to get, even though... Read More the shots may have been a little challenging. Everything came out wonderfully and I'm so glad we have such great pictures to remember our big day! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Katelyn M

I was very pleased with Genovese-Ashford for my wedding photography. Kim shot our engagements, my bridals and our wedding. Kim was very professional, easy to communicate with, quick to get us our photos and very talented. At no point was I stressed about anything photography... Read More related. Kim will help you every step of the way and will help you figure out all the details. My photos were absolutely beautiful and will be memories I cherish forever! Highly recommend Genovese-Ashford Studios!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Emily S

Jennifer was great and easy to work with. She took such great shots and we could not be happier with the way the photos came out. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for quality shots, wedding or otherwise.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Lauren L

I met Chris with Genovese Ashford at a Bridal Show. We had been looking and looking for a photographer and couldn't find one we just loved.....until we met Genovese Ashford. Chris was amazing from start to finish. He met with my fiancé and I and took our engagement pictures. He... Read More put up with my requests of places where I wanted the pictures taken and did a fabulous job catching our pictures before the sun went down. He was very patient with me in creating the timeline and worked with my wedding planner and myself until we got the timeline of the wedding day perfect. On the day of my wedding- they also did an amazing job. They showed up on time, made sure we were on schedule, and captured the events of the day. You almost didn't know they were there sometimes as they stayed out of the way and focused on capturing each part of the day....the getting ready, the ceremony and the reception. We were blown away when we got our pictures back. I love all of them and I wouldn't have changed a thing! My only problem now is choosing only a select handful to put in an album. Thanks Chris and Lauren!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Caroline H

Chris is a very low-key and flexible photographer who also photographed my sister's wedding. He was great throughout the process and is also very responsive to emails. He did our engagement shoot, my bridal portraits, and our wedding. All the photos turned out awesome. He's also... Read More respectful, well-dressed, and not intrusive in the least. I have great photos of our families having fun on the dance floor (apparently not noticing him or his second shooter), and he kept everything on time! We would absolutely use Genovese-Ashford Studios again--no reason to look at other photographers!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Natalie M

We were so pleased with our experience with Genovese Ashford Studios. Kim was great from start to finish- she is a true professional! Her patience with the little ones in our wedding party was fantastic! She managed to get them to stand still and smile when I thought it was... Read More impossible! She captured some amazing moments that I'll cherish forever. Our photos are so beautiful and I'm so excited to show them off to our family and friends. I am hard to please and she blew us away!

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Angelle L

Genovese Ashford was absolutely wonderful to work with for our engagement and wedding photos! Kim created a very comfortable experience taking our engagement photos, which we both appreciated! The photos turned out great and we’ve received ton of complements! Kim and her team... Read More did a fabulous job capturing our entire wedding day. The photos are absolutely beautiful; and most importantly, her entire team was easy going throughout the entire day. Both my husband and I love all of our photos and we will treasure them forever! Highly recommend Genovese Ashford!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Callie H

Don't look any further for a wedding photographer!!! Genovese Ashford helped make my wedding a dream. I took bridals and wedding day photos with Kim. There is not a single thing to complain about. From the second my mom and I met Kim and watched a video of their work, we knew... Read More our quest for a photographer had ended. The picture slideshow moved us to tears. Kim is so professional and easy to work with. I felt comfortable every step of the way. Just got back wedding day photos, and I was so excited to relive that day again! Comparable price to other photographers in the area but what you get for your money with them is not comparable! The pictures are STUNNING Great attitudes. Quick communication. Attention to detail. Perfect for me! I would pick them over and over again

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Kristin A

Kim and her team did an amazing job on both our Engagement Session and Wedding. They helped me, my husband, and our son feel at ease throughout the entire process. We were also extremely impressed with their professionalism: they arrived early and stayed late, their work ethic... Read More was excellent, and they are most definitely well organized. And, of course, our pictures are beautiful. They captured not only all the special moments of the day, but also our personalities and our love.

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Delaina M

Genovese Ashford Studios is absolutely amazing! I had some issues with weather on the day of my bridal portraits but Kim was amazing to work with. She was on top of everything and helped find an alternative location that could take us last minute. The pictures turned out... Read More gorgeous!! Her work is beautiful! On my wedding day there was nothing for me to worry about. She captured all the special moments. My wedding pictures are breathtaking!! I love that I can always look back and remember this day. I highly recommend Genovese Ashford Studios to anyone!!

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Ashley H

Absolutely stunning photographs of our big day! We could not have imagined better, and it is definitely going to be a chore to pick our favorites...we may just need to order them all!

Reviewed on 2/29/2016 Chrislyn M

We had the most fantastic time with Kim shooting my bridal portraits. She took my ideas and wishes into consideration, but made recommendations that would enhance those ideas. Our wedding day experience and photos were 10 times more impressive. I was reminded why we chose... Read More Genovese Ashford when looking through the proofs. We're going to have a hard time choosing. They are all so unique, and captured our wedding day so beautifully. We can't wait to work with Kim again!

Reviewed on 2/23/2016 Jordan H

Our pictures were absolutely amazing!! Could not be more satisfied with Genovese-Ashford Studios! Every part of working with them was easy and stress-free. Kim shot both our engagement session as well as our wedding and was amazing to work with. The quality and attention to... Read More detail is really unbelievable! We are able to get the perfect snap shot of our wedding and all of the amazing feelings, emotions, and memories that we had that night were captured in our pictures. Everyone who has seen our photos has absolutely loved them. Matthew and I would definitely recommend them to all family and friends and to any future bride and groom. Great photographers and so much fun to work with! :)

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Meredith A

As an out-of-town bride, I had to do most of my planning over the phone or through email. Kim was such a huge help and completely understood the vision I was going for. They were familiar with Houmas House, so it made me even more comfortable in selecting them. On the day-of,... Read More they just jumped right in and made everything so easy, smooth and fun. Candid photos were important to me - and so many of the ones I love most are just that. Kim is so talented! The pictures turned out beautifully and their online system makes everything easy to choose and select from. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2/06/2016 Rachael B

I cannot say enough great things about Kim with Genovese Ashford photography! Our engagement pictures and my bridal portraits were amazing, and I can't wait to see all of our wedding photographs! Kim was very professional and easy to work with, and made hours of being... Read More photographed very easy for two non-photogenic people! I couldn't be more pleased with my choice of wedding photographers, and I would recommend Genovese Ashford to anyone I know!

Reviewed on 2/04/2016 Lisa C

Our pictures were amazing! Both the Bridal Portraits and the wedding pictures. Kim did a spectacular job of taking all the candid photos of the wedding. We didn't even know there were games going on during the wedding until I saw the pictures. She caught all the emotions on... Read More camera, the tears and all the laughter. There was so much emotional in each photograph. Beautiful!!! Everything was organized, downloads, uploads, ease of ordering is simple especially for someone who doesn't handle technology well, I was able to do everything I needed through their site. Thanks Ladies and Guy!!! I would definitely recommend Genovese!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Sarah G

I do not even know where to begin! Kim and I clicked from the day I met her and I immediately felt comfortable and knew I would end up with the most magical pictures. I had the honor of Kim shooting our engagement session, my bridals, and our wedding and I am on cloud nine... Read More looking through these albums! On our wedding day Kim not only made me feel at ease but she helped us stay on schedule and enjoy each moment care free. We can not say thank you enough and will recommend Genovese Ashford to all future brides!

Reviewed on 1/22/2016 Amber B

Chris and his lovely assistant covered our engagement and wedding absolutely FLAWLESSLY. Chris is the most down to earth and personable photographer you will ever meet. I'm so grateful to have found him. I'm obsessively neurotic about photos taken of me (professional... Read More selfie-taker, admittedly) and he helped me to feel comfortable in front of the camera for the first time in my life. My only regret is that I didn't book him for a bridal session (already saving up for a post-dated shoot, I love our photos THAT much!!!) He was down for all of our ideas concerning the engagement shoot in the Heights and is very versatile in any location. Our wedding was very diy- he provided guidance and suggestions that were super helpful and resulted in fantastic shots. They were even up for shooting the metal band that played our wedding! Those ended up being some of our best memories of the evening and I'm so happy to see they were enjoying themselves while doing such amazing work. He was our favorite part of getting married besides, you know, the whole being in love and finding your soulmate thing. I want Chris to shoot my entire life, I cannot recommend Genovese-Ashford highly enough! Everyone is raving about these photos! THANK YOU!!!

Start a Conversation!