Expertly Crafted Fine Art Wedding Photography

Chris Genovese, Kim Ashford and Jennifer Halley, three top wedding photographers, have combined their talents and unique vision to create Genovese Ashford Studios! Kim, Chris, and Jennifer use their unique visions of wedding photography to create stunning compositions that are both timeless and beautiful!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, After Party, Rehearsals + Parties

Destination Weddings, Photo, Second Shooter Available

Houston & Destination Weddings (225) 772-9143

Reviewed on 7/20/2016

Chris Genovese is everything you want in a wedding photographer and then some. From our initial phone call to the last shot on the wedding day, he was phenomenal. He was extremely professional, knew what he was talking about, and made sure we knew exactly what we were going to... Read More get. We didn't actually meet him in person until our engagements but he was so friendly and made us feel very comfortable throughout the shoot despite having just met. Those pictures were amazing and the work he and Lauren did for our wedding were absolutely stunning! I can't stop looking at the pictures; every time I go through them I love them more and more. They were able to capture every important moment of our day without being in the way. You will hardly know he's there! You can feel the emotions of the day through the photographs. We couldn't have asked for better and can't thank them enough! We loved working with him so much we recommended him to my brother-in-law and his fiance, so we have the pleasure of seeing Chris again in January! All in all, if you want beautiful pictures and a photographer with a fantastic personality, look no further. This is it.

Absolutely awesome photographers!

Reviewed on 5/09/2014

Chris and Kim did an awesome job shooting my wedding! They were always available when I had questions leading up to the day and were very helpful. We stayed on schedule on my wedding day which was very important to me. During the ceremony and reception, I had no idea they... Read More took as many pictures as they did because they were great at staying "hidden" and still capturing great shots! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Genovese Ashford makes everything about you!

Reviewed on 4/12/2014 Ashley L

I cannot begin to say enough great things about Genovese Ashford Studios. When I began planning my wedding, I decided on three things that were important to me for our wedding day -- the band, the food and the photographers. I spent countless hours researching photographers and... Read More scheduled appointments with several too. I kept coming back to Genovese Ashford Studios, and when I sat down with Chris and Kim, my decision was easy -- which is HUGE in wedding planning! They are so professional, creative and personable. With that being said, I highly recommend Genovese Ashford Studios -- they take the worry away from you. All brides are burdened with stress when it comes to planning a wedding, and having the right people in place eases that. Genovese Ashford work with you to capture YOUR vision and will marry that with their creativity -- delivering exactly what you want. Kim shot my bridals in downtown Baton Rouge. It was such a wonderful (and freezing) experience, and her talent made it very hard to select a portrait image. She made it the afternoon fun, relaxing and special. When we left the session, both my mom and I said a ton of weight was lifted off our shoulders because we knew Kim was going to be such a huge help for the wedding. On our wedding day, Kim and Meredith were awesome. From the second they walked in, I was at ease -- I didn't have to ask for anything. We discussed everything beforehand, and they were able to capture our day perfectly while keeping everything on schedule (which was important to me). Even though our reception went by in a blink, I still remember Kim sitting on one of our groomsmen's shoulders -- shooting everyone on the dance floor from an elevated view. Those pictures were so great! Again, I cannot say enough great things about these people. Their style, creativity, offerings / packages are great -- but what makes them awesome is the way the work with you to capture one of the most special days of your life.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Blair T

I had the honor of having Kim as my photographer and I honestly could not have asked for better! She made the whole experience as simple and relaxing as possible. Our timing was off for me getting ready on my wedding day and she helped make it seem like no big deal which is... Read More something you don't expect from your photographer! I couldn't be happier with my pictures!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Samantha R

Kim was so easy to work with and my pictures came out amazing! I had a hive outbreak the night before my wedding that lasted the full week ever and she did such a great job of getting the best angles and editing to make them less noticeable. I can't thank her enough for... Read More capturing such amazing pictures that will remind me of the best day of my life!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Jane B

We felt really comfortable with Kim during our engagement photo shoot (let's be honest, those can be weird). My husband and I also had a great time having her shoot our wedding and reception! Great pictures and really personal people! We loved their energy throughout our... Read More wedding and the pictures of family and friends dancing and having a blast was priceless! Totally recommend Genovese Ashford for wedding photography!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Meghan D

You guys did a wonderful job capturing our wedding day on April 1, 2017. You took the time to get down what we wanted out of the experience and we thank you so very much for that. Aaron and Meghan Dunn

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Jenny R

Jen was so easy to work with from the start! Having the website portal made everything easy to remember and reference. The day of the wedding we had Jen and Kim. They were so fun to work with and kept Nick and I laughing and smiling the whole time. I got my picture gallery last... Read More night and LOVE every single picture. There is this one they got of my dad and I before the ceremony that I don't even remember them being there! That picture will be so special to me forever!! Every moment was so perfectly capture; I could not possibly be any happier! I definitely recommend this team!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Kimberly C

Chris was referred to me by my sister. He is reliable and friendly to work with. He makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera and isn't too heavy on the photoshop. The only reason I did not give five stars is because I filled out a questionnaire and requested... Read More certain pictures. Not all of them were captured but I did get some great shots. Overall I'd recommend him.

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Michelle P

Chris and Kim were amazing! They showed up on time and were very easy to work with and professional! They took amazing photographs too!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Renee Z

Absolutely amazing! Kim was so easy to work with and made the experience so easy and comfortable. Easy to get in touch with and absolutely stunning photos. Laid back demeanor is exactly what I needed on a big stressful day, and she delivered!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Shannon S

Genovese Ashford did an amazing job from our engagement session to our wedding day! I cannot say enough good things about Kim she is wonderful and such a pleasure to work with. She was patient and kind to my entire family. and made me feel very special. I am in love with all of... Read More my photos and would highly recommend to anyone! She captured some very special moments I will never forget and I am forever grateful for that! :)

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Jimmy N

Chris and his team are simply the best! From the moment we started to search for our wedding photographers, we were sold immediately after meeting Chris for the first time. His ability to shoot in Houston and New Orleans, made it even better! He was extremely kind, courteous,... Read More professional, and flexible to our requests. He is also a great guy to just talk to and to witness his joy for photography is also a bonus! He created comfortable and natural environments and positioning for shots and we didn't feel stressed or "forced" into weird "poses". He is a must hire! By the way, that's coming from the Groom. My wife has even more good things to say!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Jenny M

Genovese Ashford was wonderful! They were professional, friendly and did a great job. They made my entire family and bridal party feel right at home. They got right to work and took amazing pictures. I cannot say enough good things about how well the pics turned out and how... Read More awesome Kim, Layla & Jennie were. Everything was just as I planned and hoped for and even more. Thank you Genovese Ashford for making our day special and capturing all the important moments!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Ebony L

Genovese Ashford Studios were one of the most professional and organized photographers I've ever encountered. They took the time to find out what was most important to my fiancé and I the day of our wedding and captured every single detail. We highly recommend using Genovese... Read More Ashford Studios for any special occasion!

Reviewed on 2/18/2017 Jenny

I can't say enough to describe how wonderful Chris was to work without throughout the entire process. From our engagement photos to my bridal shoot to our wedding day, he captured every moment so perfectly and was so easy to work with. His photography is beautiful both indoors... Read More and outdoors and he truly listens to what you want to get out of your pictures. We knew he would be great to work with after seeing my brother in law's wedding and were blown away by the pictures he took. I highly recommend Chris for your big day and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 2/18/2017 Sherron R

I was BLOWN away by Chris Genovese's work! He truly captures every detail within a photo and is so fun to work with! I loved my bridals and our wedding photos are spectacular. Him and his team captured every single moment of our wedding day and we will be cherishing these photos... Read More for a life time.

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Bridget L

I can not being to express how amazing Genovese Ashford Studios is to work with! I knew Kim was the photographer for me the minute that I met her. She had such a calming presence, which was something that was so important to me as wedding planning can be stressful. She... Read More answered every e-mail in a timely matter, no matter how small the question. The work was absolutely gorgeous! Every single one of the engagement, bridal, and wedding proofs were BEAUTIFUL. I had such a difficult time selecting the ones for my album, because they were all so meaningful and special. I was not able to get a videographer for our wedding; however, I truly did not need one because Genovese Ashford captured every single moment (and moments that I was not aware of)! I give Genovese Ashford Studios my highest recommendation! Bride's you will love working with them!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Deanna K

Chris was AMAZING! Such a great personality and he was so much fun to have as a part of our wedding. He was open to creative suggestions, even when it meant running across the street to the park. They have top of the line equipment, no bright flashes in your face. Our... Read More photos are absolutely beautiful. Our photographer was the most important vendor in my opinion, and I am so glad we picked Genovese Ashford.

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Lee Ann D

We worked with Kim Ashford in New Orleans! She was by far our favorite vendor. We had so much fun doing a pre wedding photo shoot around the French quarter. She captured our joy and the exclusivity of our elopement perfectly! She helped us with our day of timeline and... Read More suggestions for other vendors. I wouldn't not choose anyone else to capture that day so beautifully!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Brynne H

Jennifer at Genovese Ashford in Baton Rouge is awesome! I love her work! She did my bridals and our wedding day and everything is beautiful. Would not recommend anyone else!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Sarah D

Genovese Ashford made the entire wedding photography process a breeze. I had a really rough day the afternoon of my bridal portraits, and Kim made me feel relaxed and at ease. The evening of my wedding went perfectly and the photos were stunning!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Meighan M

We have nothing but great things to say about the Genovese Ashford team. We experienced some photography issues late in the game and decided to go in a different direction and Genovese answered the call! They helped to quell all my anxiety and concern. They walked us through all... Read More the processes and delivered some great photos we will treasure forever. We were so lucky to have them as our photographer!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Melissa M

Chris Genovese is the best wedding photographer in the business. You are sure to feel confident and comfortable from the initial phone call to your wedding day send-off. He has amazing communication, promptness and professionalism. I knew my engagements, bridals and wedding day... Read More photos would turn out impeccable. I highly recommend Genovese-Ashford!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Kendall B

Kim did my bridals and my day of wedding shots, ALL the pictures turned out stunning!! They were so calming and fun to work with and I would reccomend them to any bride looking for quality memories!

Genovese Ashford Studios