Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797

Gettysburg, PA

Book Your Wedding with Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797

A BALLROOM IN GETTYSBURG, PA

Located in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the Gettysburg Hotel is a historic venue dating back to 1797. It was originally a tavern called Scott's Tavern. In 1863 during the American Civil War, the Battle of Gettysburg took place by the hotel. Just across the street at the Wills House, Abraham Lincoln gave his Gettysburg Address. In the 1890s, the building was renamed the Gettysburg Hotel and was outfitted with the latest amenities. However in 1983, the building was damaged in a fire and it wasn't until its restoration in the early 1990s that the hotel was reopened to the public. For couples seeking an exquisite, upscale and historic backdrop, the Gettysburg Hotel is an excellent option.

The Grand Ballroom. This area was originally the home of The Gettysburg National Bank and was built in 1814. This is an impressive ballroom with 28-foot ceilings. The ceiling is hand-painted and has gold inlays. There are 19th century chandeliers as well as inlaid lighting. There are sconces throughout, flanked by majestic windows with lush, velvet green curtains. It can accommodate up to 300 guests. Adjacent to the ballroom is a bank vault, which can be used as a unique place for gift tables, mingling and more.

Atrium. The airy atrium offers a space for cocktail hours and hors d'eouvres. It is beautifully furnished with stately furniture with a contemporary vibe. It has a luxurious hotel atmosphere and is conducive to mingling.

Couples work with an experienced wedding coordinator to plan the wedding. Catering is provided on site and the executive chef has won many awards, including the AAA Four Diamond Award. The coordinator can help recommend vendors and can set up a mingling session with all wedding vendors during the food tasting. The staff comes highly recommended for its professionalism and attentiveness.

Couples can expect a high level of customer service. The ballroom can be decorated to elevate the space, although it can be left mainly as is since it offers so much historic charm. Some couples have opted for uplighting and customized centerpieces to tie the place together. The ballroom's hardwood floors makes for a natural dance floor. The wedding package typically includes chairs, tables and a bridal suite.

The Gettysburg Hotel offers several extra perks. There are on-site accommodations for up to 119 guests. The couple can enjoy a night in the bridal suite with complimentary champagne and hors d'oeuvres. For a grand exit, hire a horse carriage. The historic grounds of the hotel and surrounding neighborhood also offer some excellent photo opportunities.

Let Our History Become Yours

Our award winning hotel is the perfect setting for your once in a lifetime event. Our Grand Ballroom, once Gettysburg Bank, features a 28-foot hand painted, gold inlaid ceiling and the original vault. Impeccable service, flawless attention to detail, and all inclusive custom packages await you!

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

One Lincoln Square, Gettysburg, PA (717) 338-5408
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Laura M

We cannot say enough positive things about our recent wedding at the Gettysburg Hotel! We began our relationship working with Megan. From the start, the approach of planning was done with the passion and attention to detail we were looking for. With both of us living in the... Read More Northern Virginia area, we wanted a place to not only serve as a beautiful venue to showcase our Art Deco Disney Theme, but also provide a one stop shop to avoid the constant communication between various vendors. After our first visit, we knew the Hotel was our venue! The fact that everything was included in the price was huge! During the last few months of our planning, April came on to take over for Megan for the remainder of the wedding, and the transition could not have been more seamless. April wasted no time getting up to speed with our vision for the wedding and details to follow, helping prep all the necessary details, including working our other vendors to make sure everything was ready for the big day. As for the day of, we honestly cannot think of anything negative to say. April was there when needed, keeping everything moving on schedule, making sure guests were taken care of, and vendors were up to speed. The amount of guests who came up to us during and after the wedding to express how wonderful everything was made everything worth it!

My vintage 40s wedding

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Alyssa R

For my wedding I could not have asked for a better venue!! I love Civil War history so I picked the Historic Gettysburg hotel. Megan Gross was hands down the best wedding coordinator. She worked with us on every little detail. My wedding day was stress free because of her!! The... Read More over all venue was perfect from the train station where we had our ceremony to the ball room where our reception was. We also had our rehearsal dinner in the Eisenhower room the night before which was perfect! I would recommend this venue to future brides even if its just to work with Megan!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Brittany D

The Gettysburg Hotel was the perfect venue! The ballroom is gorgeous, and we both love history and visiting Gettysburg, so it was a perfect fit. April is absolutely amazing to work with; we didn’t have to stress or worry about a thing, she took care of it! It was a smooth... Read More planning process and our guests couldn’t stop talking about how much they loved the venue and traveling to town for our wedding. I have a feeling we will all be talking about our wedding for a long time to come!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Jill P

We had a fabulous experience at the Gettysburg Hotel! We had international guests and April couldn't have been more friendly, organized and on-top of things. I was out of town planning most of the time and only touched base with April a few times, but everything was PERFECT! She... Read More will meet with you as much as you want, but if you just trust her to do a fantastic job it takes a lot of stress of you! I highly recommend the Gettysburg Hotel.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Sam W

Beautiful wedding venue and awesome staff- highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 KATE C

It was so special for my husband and I to get married in Gettysburg - having met in our freshmen dorm at Gettysburg College. But the team at the Gettysburg Hotel made our wedding experience above and beyond our expectations. Throughout the planning process, they were incredibly... Read More responsive and executed a flawless event. April designed and fulfilled our decor concept 100% - making our day so much more special than we could have imagined. We are so grateful for how attentive, collaborative, and detail-oriented everyone on the team was for the entire evening. Thank you for such a wonderful reception that we will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Margot J

The Gettysburg hotel is a beautiful venue, that took a lot of pressure off of us for decorations! The staff was quick to respond and very helpful. Many people complimented the meals, the food was fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Deanna F

With all the build up and pressure of planning your wedding, the right venue and coordinator can truly make all the difference. I am so beyond thankful that we got to work with the Gettysburg Hotel and April. The hotel itself is beautiful, and can accommodate weddings of all... Read More sizes. They even helped organize and set up our ceremony at the train station next door! We were able to have almost all of our out of town guests stay upstairs which made for a really comfortable trip for our friends and family. April made sure everything ran smoothly. I am a perfectionist and she met my very high expectations. Being so on top of everything, I felt that I could really trust her and it allowed me to relax. The little details were all taken care of and April did not miss a beat. When I did have questions or concerns, she was super responsive and even took care of a few last minute errands for me. I cannot reiterate enough how happy we are with our wedding, our venue, and especially the Hotel's wedding coordinator April. Do yourself a favor and book this venue!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Kathleen K

Love this place. The setting was amazing, staff so attentive and understanding!!! They made our day so special!! Our family is still talking about our wedding!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Gabriela R

April was amazing! We had some problems with our room but the hotel took care of them and everything was seamless. I couldn't have imagine having my special day anywhere else. As a matter of fact I forgot my vows for the sand ceremony in the room and right before the entrance... Read More April had to run to my room to get them! She was amazing. You won't regret booking them for your wedding.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Shannon S

Saturday evening and I can not put into words how amazing our evening was!! Our event planner April Rose was absolutely wonderful, I worried for nothing! The ballroom is a gorgeous place for a wedding or reception. Our guests were blown away by this historical venue. We even had... Read More union soldiers show up!!! Things couldn't have been more perfect!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Miranda S

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Gettysburg Hotel on 5/6/17 and couldn’t possibly be happier with my experience. The beauty of this historic venue is the perfect setting for a wedding, and the staff does an amazing job at making sure your day is as seamless and... Read More carefree as possible. From the beginning, the Hotel staff led by April Rose makes sure to arrange a package that fits your budget and vision for your day. A deciding factor in us choosing this venue was the fact that we could do both the ceremony and reception at the same venue, making it more convenient for guests, and eliminating some issues with coordination. After booking, April is there to answer all of your questions and make recommendations. In my opinion, the best part about the Gettysburg Hotel, is that this is a one-stop-shop that handles all of the details, leaving you (the bride and groom) to enjoy the day. April and her team set up all of my decorations perfectly, exactly as I had asked, and at the end of the night packaged everything with care so that the next day all I had to do was pick up the boxes. During the ceremony and reception itself, April and your designated wedding maître d’ expertly coordinate everything, making sure the events flow effortlessly and seeing to it that you are always happy, with drinks in hand and the food you need. I received numerous compliments during and after the wedding about not only the gorgeous venue of the Grand Ballroom, but also the high level of service provided from all of the staff including servers, the bartender, and everyone in between. Plus, quite importantly, the food and drinks were all outstanding. The attention to detail of everyone involved with each element is impressive. I could go on and on, but ultimately the Gettysburg Hotel understands that time and stress involved with planning a wedding, and what they do is take that stress off, ensuring that you have a beautiful, stress-free wedding day that is exactly what YOU want. If you are thinking about getting married in the Gettysburg area, I highly recommend the Gettysburg Hotel.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Janae G

We had our wedding and reception in the Grand Ballroom at the Gettysburg Hotel in April of 2017. We were engaged in December of 2016 and had little time to plan and finalize all of our details. In the few short months that we had, working with April made those months very... Read More enjoyable and stress free. The vendor recommendations she had were great, the accommodations provide by both April and the hotel for planning our wedding and reception were exceptional down to the detail. As a bride, I cannot express my gratitude enough for everything the hotel and April did for us. It will be a day we will forever remember with joy and happiness. So much so we plan to come back for our 5 year anniversary to stay at the hotel and tour additional spots that we were recommended by the Gettysburg Hotel staff.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kim M

I can't say enough about how great the Gettysburg Hotel is! They pulled out all of the stops from the very first meeting. We fell in love with the fact that we could have our ceremony at the train station, reception in the ballroom, and all of our guests could stay the night... Read More all in the same space. We were blown away by Megan's professionalism and knowledge. When Megan changed positions in the hotel mid way through our planning I was worried about how everything was going to work out. April jumped right in and nothing skipped a beat! She was great about responding to any questions I had and she made sure i had everything I needed. Our day went off without a hitch and everyone had a blast. People are still talking about the crab cakes! I highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016

My dream wedding came true at the Gettysburg Hotel. When I first was looking for venues, we were unsure about looking at Gettysburg because we were afraid of the price. But they were absolutely incredible about working with our budget. The very first meeting we were greeted by... Read More the Coordinator at the time, Megan, with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. As a bride, I felt so special. They showed us tons of dinner items, both buffet and sit down. They worked with our budget and helped us create our own menu that worked for everyone. The staff from start to finish was incredible. My wedding came together like any bride hopes and imagines it will. The new wedding Coordinator, April, was also a pleasure to work with. She accommodated every request, and helped with every detail. I will always remember my wedding night being the most magical night of my life, and Gettysburg Hotel was a huge reason why. The ballroom was incredibly gorgeous, and it fit our huge wedding! The vault and ceiling inside the ballroom are beautiful! The food was delicious and again, the staff was so nice and they made my guests very happy!! Overall, my husband and I couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Ashley B

The experience working with the Gettysburg Hotel was great! There were so many options to work within our budget and The Grand Ballroom is so beautiful with the historic touch and we had our ceremony at the train station which was perfect for us! We received so many compliments... Read More from friends and family not only that everyone had a great time, but how nice the hotel, its location, and its facilities were. Thank you to April, Megan, and everyone at the hotel for being so helpful while coordinating everything but also keeping everyone organized and on track the day of which was so helpful and much appreciated.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Alix S

An amazing place full of wonderful people made our day unforgettable! Thank you to the wonderful staff at the Gettysburg Hotel for their kindness and professionalism on our wedding day. We selected the hotel because of Megan Wherley and the way she presented not only the venue,... Read More but also herself. She was so professional, took her time with us, answered every question with poise and grace and even went so far as to give us a discount on our dinner for the evening (we were also celebrating our dating anniversary that same night) AND made sure to stop by our table and give me my first wedding magazine! We were sold! Every step on our planning journey was easier because of Megan and April. We had such an amazing experience and the attention to detail was unbelievable. We could not have asked for a better venue and team of people to work with. AND the food was to die for! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

Our experience with The Gettysburg Hotel was so positive! I have been bursting with joy at how well our daughter’s wedding plans and wedding day went. And most importantly, our daughter told us her wedding was “exactly” what she and her new husband wanted it to be. Starting... Read More with Megan Wherley and later with April Rose (the event coordinators at the Hotel), we had only positive interactions from start to finish. Both of these girls were incredibly personable and professional. We loved them. On that same note, we have to compliment all the staff at the Hotel. Our daughter and I cannot stop talking about how delightful everyone was. The lobby desk personnel were amazing as were the servers and bartender at the reception. All treated us like special, honored guests and were as friendly with us as if we were family. Our photographer literally took over the Lobby and the staff and guests joined in the fun by watching, smiling, and laughing. Not a single person displayed annoyance or impatience with us. They joined in the fun! We were/are so gratified. It was important to us to have a nice, sit down meal. We were not disappointed. Most of the guests chose the filet mignon. OMG, you know the comment, “You could cut it with a butter knife” , well we could! Also, The Gettysburg Hotel and the town itself was the perfect location/venue for this event. There are statues, diners with historic character, The Majestic Theater, the train station and much more within walking distance. We are so anxious to see the professional photographer's photos documenting the event. The photos we took are gorgeous. We want others to know that The Gettysburg Hotel staff exceeded our expectations in every way.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Cheri F

My husband and I were SO glad throughout our engagement and since our wedding day that we selected The Gettysburg Hotel for our reception. Megan and April were incredibly easy to work with and accommodating throughout the entire time. The fall vendor expo was a great way to get... Read More to know the preferred vendors in the area since we lived out of state as well as to taste the menu and cakes. The service, staff, food - everything! was amazing. We had so many compliments from our guests about how they enjoyed staying at the hotel and enjoyed the setup for the cocktail hour and reception. The parking garage behind the hotel made parking easy for our guests. Also great location for guests to walk around Lincoln Square, find places to shop and eat, etc. One Lincoln was a great spot for our wedding party and guests to gather after the rehearsal dinner and reception. If you're getting married in Gettysburg, I'd definitely recommend The Gettysburg Hotel and their preferred vendors to make your big day easy and great!

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 shaneece d

To begin, our wedding weekend was beyond perfect and the entire staff at Gettysburg....especially our Events Manager Megan were extremely helpful, polite, and accommodating. Also, please take a view at our wedding video our videographer posted on Youtube that will show more of... Read More the highlights of our wedding and you can definitely see the beautiful scenery that the Hotel offers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZbQVXGVd98 Selection Process - My husband and I first came to learn of the Hotel at a Wedding Expo in Washington, DC. We were actually on our way out of the expo when we decided to stop at one last booth. We were impressed by Megan as well as the brochure and other information we were given. We attended the food tasting with my mother. The food options were plentiful (which my husband thoroughly enjoyed lol) and we were given a tour of the hotel and honeymoon suite. Preparation - We worked closely with Megan concerning every aspect of the planning process. She was very responsive to all of the questions and concerns we had and was available by phone or email. The most important part of the planning process was the run through we were able to complete with Megan where she talked us through the entire process and addressed any follow-up questions we had a few weeks before the wedding. It was really beneficial to us and assured me that everything would run smoothly on the day of. Ceremony - Megan was there during the enter ceremony and worked well with our DJ to coordinate the exact time I needed to walk down the aisle. She directed my guests before and after the ceremony. Our ceremony took place at the Historical train station behind the hotel. After the ceremony we took pictures near the train station and Megan escorted my husband and I to the ballroom to take our first look at the reception. Reception - Before the reception the groomsmen, bridal party, and our parents were all accommodated well. They were provided food in a separate room away from the Atrium with the rest of our guests. Throughout the reception the entire staff was friendly and kept supplying me with Wine (to calm my nerves lol). My guests were well taken care of and our food was incredible. Hubby and I couldn't even finish our food. Another plus concerning the reception we were supplied with an elevated 6 foot table so we could see all of our guests from a distance. Also, we had chosen our DJ from their preferred vendors list, Great Scott Productions, and our DJ Mark was wonderful. He took head to all of my guest’s requests and was very entertaining. Afterward - At the end of the night Josh and I made it to the honeymoon suite and were met with our favorite food from the wedding and a set of wine glasses with a personal card addressed to us which almost made me cry (I'm just an emotional person lol). Overall our experience was so wonderful, I couldn't have asked for a better venue. Having our wedding and reception here was so fun and memorable....I almost wish I could experience it again. I was worry and stress free because of all the work Megan put in and til this day our family still raves about the hotel, the town, the food....basically everything. We sincerely thank everyone at Gettysburg for their help, patience, and customer service.

I would do it all again!

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Ellen J

Our wedding venue was beyond my wildest dreams! It was absolutely gorgeous and provided a level of class and charm unmatched by other venues we visited. My husband and I still hear from our guests how beautiful the entire reception was, from cocktail hour to the after party!... Read More They loved the comfort of being able to enjoy themselves and know their rooms were an elevator ride upstairs. I would do it all again at the Gettysburg Hotel!

Gettysburg area wedding? This is DEFINITELY your place!

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Jaime R

Everything at the Gettysburg Hotel was fantastic from the moment we said "go!" Megan was amazing and helped in so many ways, from assisting with our food and beverage selections, to making sure everything went off without a hitch on the day of (She even went so far as to help me... Read More down the stairs and into my car in my giant gown on the way to our ceremony!). She stayed in constant contact, checking in to see that we were satisfied every step of the way. Andrea was also a huge help. We ran into some challenges booking rooms (Our entire guest list decided to stay at the Hotel!), and Andrea and Megan smoothed everything over and made some moves that got everyone a room who needed one. From the beauty and history of the venue to the courteousness and professionalism of the staff, our experience with the Gettysburg Hotel was as close to perfect as one could ever hope to get. My husband and I owe Megan and her team a great debt of gratitude for helping make our big day the most memorable of our lives. I can't say enough great things about our experience there. If you're planning a wedding in or around Gettysburg, PA, the Gettysburg Hotel should be at the top of your list!

Perfect

Reviewed on 12/28/2015

No amount of praise would be too great to describe my and my wife's experience having our ~ 160 guest wedding this past August at the Gettysburg Hotel. From beginning to end, Megan Wherley (Events Manager), Andrea Proulx (Director of Sales/Marketing) and their entire team were... Read More nothing short of remarkable. Sure, my wife and I (both unabashed history nerds - and New Jersey residents) initially chose the Gettysburg Hotel because of its location, historical significance, and obvious physical beauty. What we didn't anticipate was also being treated to the most enjoyable professional experience we've ever had (or will likely ever have) in any industry. Truly, Megan and Andrea's (tireless) willingness to assist our experience in every conceivable way, with every last detail, at every stage of the proceedings, was un--real. On the more practical side of the analysis, if you take the time to do some proper number crunching, and account for ALL likely costs, you should also discover that the pricing at GH is more reasonable/competitive then you may initially think (with dozens of different price points and packages to choose from). For example, my wife and I originally priced out having our wedding at a renovated barn outside of town with caterers, etc. After accounting for ALL likely costs (and choosing packages that accommodated our specific, self-funded budget), GH was actually a few dollars less expensive per guest. I know, who knew? All in all, if your short list for wedding/reception location considerations includes "value," "professionalism," and "quality," I cannot more strongly recommend the Gettysburg Hotel. It was genuinely the experience of a lifetime (without soliciting opinions, many of our guests have said so too). And if you do decide to have your wedding/reception at GH, kindly invite the wife and I. We'd jump at the chance to do it all over again ;)

Worry Free Day

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Lillian Z

The Gettysburg Hotel and Megan Wherley were absolutely wonderful to work with. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. Megan was a godsend as we worked to plan our wedding from 2 time zones away. She walked us through the entire process, answered our never-ending... Read More barrage of questions, and coordinated the entire ceremony and reception so I didn't have to micromanage or worry. It was great to just breeze through my wedding day and enjoy every minute of it. Megan also took time out of her busy schedule to give my mother a tour when her friends surprised her with a trip to Gettysburg to see it all before the wedding. The food at the Gettysburg Hotel is delicious. We had the hardest time deciding what to serve at our reception because it was all so delicious. Also, the cake is included in the cost of the reception and is made by Karen Rodkey. Best pound cake of my life. Megan was also able to work to get some of our favorite beers in for our wedding that are not on their regular reception choices. That was a really special touch. The Gettysburg Hotel has a great list of preferred vendors and worked well with the vendors we chose outside of that list well too. In addition, the staff was also able to guide us out-of-towners to great food recommendations, rehearsal dinner space, etc. The entire facility is beautiful and unique and our reception and ceremony turned out beautifully! The bridal suite was huge and comfortable and the treats after our big day were a great touch. The bridal suite was actually big enough for me and my ladies to get ready in together. All of our guests who stayed in the hotel reported wonderful accommodations and appreciated that they kept the bar open late for our after party. I could not have chosen a better venue. It was completely worth every penny and cost-effective in my opinion. They really know how to throw a worry-free wedding!

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 12/09/2015

Excellent value. Pleasantly surprised that there is such a fabulous venue in Central Pennsylvania. Rivals most venues in a major metropolitan area. The staff was professional, knowledgeable, courteous, helpful, flexible, and friendly. Lovely, clean historic building that has... Read More been beautifully restored and decorated. In the heart of Gettysburg, which makes it easy to walk to shops, restaurants, and some of the historic sites that this quaint city has to offer. The food was excellent; beautifully prepared and presented. My husband and I have been to many dinners, functions, receptions, parties, and galas over the years. Our experience with The Gettysburg Hotel exceeded our hopes and expectations. We highly recommend this venue to anyone who is thinking of hosting an event here.