Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Pedestals, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Sharon P

Ellen and Gingerleaf floral were absolutely AMAZING! I was beyond happy with the arrangements she did for me, I couldn't have envisioned something better and to this day am still getting rave reviews on my flowers! When I started working with Ellen, I had no idea what I wanted,... Read More I knew NOTHING about flowers. She made the process so easy, we spent time going through my Pintrest board, and talked about the types of flowers I liked and didn't like and she was able to put together a color palette based on the pictures I was posting. She was amazingly patient, responsive and helpful. I would HIGHLY recommend Ellen to anyone looking for floral's for their special day or any other event.

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

I was shocked when I saw the floral arrangements because they looked like they came out of a dream. In my vendor search, I always looked at the florists’ portfolio of previous work. Even before I knew what I wanted, I liked the way Ellen executed work for events and weddings.... Read More I am pretty picky and after I changed the floral color scheme from fuchsia and green to fuchsia and orange, Ellen was still able to choose flowers that would beautifully complement the color scheme of my bridesmaids' ombre dresses (each bridesmaid wore a different neutral-colored dress). Aside from being a killer designer, Ellen is also both very easygoing and a consummate professional. I really enjoyed interacting with her because she's very organized, remembers what her to-do's are, and responds in a timely manner. I also just liked interacting with Ellen in general because she's friendly and fun! She also get along with the other vendors. Ellen, thanks for making my Pinterest dreams come true. My pictures look great, thanks to you!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Helen L

I found Ellen through a list of preferred vendors from my wedding venue. I decided to pick Gingerleaf floral because I loved Ellen's flower arrangements and her artistic style. Ellen has been a joy to work with from start to finish. She responds to emails in a timely manner... Read More and her prices are very reasonable. She will work with you to find the right flowers for your wedding. I highly recommend her to anyone in need of a wedding florist.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Kristina C

Ellen is as good as it gets. I had the pleasure of working with her on my wedding on August 6, 2016 at Los Altos Golf & Country Club. I interviewed 5 florist and she stood out by far - her personality was great and you could tell she had great passion for flowers. Of course her... Read More portfolio had a bit to do with it too. :-) Over the course of the year, we connected every few months and at the tail end we kept in touch more frequently. She always responded to me in a timely manner and was always quick to jump on the phone if we needed to chat in detail. I felt really comfortable with her as my florist and she surpassed my expectations on my wedding day. My ceremony arrangements were creative and beautiful and reception flowers were just as I imagined, but better! Everything was top notch and she also helped me stay within my budget. She was GREAT throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend her for ANY wedding or event. She is a delight to work with! She has 5 stars for a reason..so don't pass her up! Photos to come!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Sandy L

Ellen was terrific from beginning to end with her services. From the point we contacted her, she was available to meet us in person, listened to our floral needs and budget concerns. She guided us through the entire process and was extremely flexible when we had some last... Read More minute requests. My husband and I know very little about florals and Ellen was always calm and friendly despite all of our questions and can provide very helpful recommendations when asked. She's excellent at sending those friendly reminders and making sure that she's transparent about her budget in relation to our requests. She really knows her stuff! The day of our wedding she was in the process of setting up and our entire bridal party was raving over the floral selections and giving her huge hugs. My mom was almost in tears! You think you know what you want in photos but Ellen takes a simple image or word description and can literally transform them into something truly physically amazing. She was a huge part of our wedding decor/theme and we are so thankful for her excellent work and service. Thank you so much Ellen! We really hope to work with you again at some future life event =)

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Regina B

Ellen and Gingerleaf floral were absolutely AMAZING! I was beyond happy with the arrangements she did for me and my entire wedding party and reception, I couldn't have envisioned something better and to this day I am still getting rave reviews on my flowers! When I started... Read More working with Ellen, I had no idea what I wanted, I knew absolutely nothing about flowers. She made the process very easy, we spent time going through my Pintrest board. She was able to put together my color scheme in many different arrangements. She was amazingly patient, responsive and helpful. I would HIGHLY recommend Ellen to anyone looking for floral's for their special day or any other event. I would love to post pictures of my event, however I don't see a place to do that. Ellen thank you for all your hard work in making my day Beautiful and very special.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Morgan L

Ellen was one of the highlights of our wedding! Working with her was so much fun. She was able to help us translate our ideas into something tangible, fun and affordable. Her designs were fresh, innovative and beautiful. It was NOT the stuffy bridal bouquet! On the day... Read More of the wedding, she was working super hard, but made time to help me with the flowers in my hair. Everyone commented on how beautiful the floral arrangements were! It was seriously a highlight of the wedding. She is an incredible person and we truly enjoyed working with her.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Katherine B

Ellen was a sheer joy to work with for our wedding. She was such a creative, warm-hearted and knowledgeable professional. Her willingness to meet and brainstorm, use local and seasonal blooms, shift and play with concepts was really helpful. She also honored our budget and... Read More really tried to work within it and find reasonable ways of accommodating our financial needs without skimping on any of the beauty. Her arrangements really set the exact tone we wanted, which was elegant and earthy. When I saw the finished product on the wedding day, I was truly amazed. I only have gratitude and serious respect for Ellen's class and charm. She executed perfectly. I would recommend Ellen and Gingerleaf to anyone looking for an affordable, honest and down-to-earth professional who has perfected her craft and that shines in all the love and magic of her work. Thank you Ellen!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Talia K

By far, Ellen was one of my favorite vendors for our wedding! She was a pleasure to work with and she has so much artistic talent! Ellen helped me work within my budget (including giving me really great budget saving decoration ideas and tips) and was very transparent about... Read More finances from the beginning. She put in lots of effort to make sure that she understood what I wanted in a floral arrangement through pictures, phone calls, and an in-person consultation. Gingerleaf Floral is an easy vendor to work with, incredibly professional, and the designs of the floral arrangements are fabulous. I'm so glad that I went with Gingerleaf Floral for my wedding!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Priya K

It has now been 2 weeks since our wedding and we just returned from a blissful honeymoon in Hawaii. These two weeks gave me enough time to absorb, think back and appreciate as well as look with a critical eye on the services provided by our various vendors. Ellen is amazing.... Read More She is very creative, thinks outside the box, professional, has a lot of experience and after just one meeting my husband and I were 100% confident we could trust Ellen and our wedding would be beautiful as well as on point in terms of our vision. While all of this is true and yes our center pieces looked beautiful from what I'm told (long story - planner really mismanaged our timeline so we never got to walk to each table) there are a few things that left a bad taste. 1.Once you sign you have to be within 20% of the initial quote. When you're reading 10 contracts for your wedding (at least) and have a full time job, chances are you will miss this detail. I wish Ellen had mentioned this in person, I would have started with 15 tables (which is what I ended up with) instead of 20. IMO you have my business already, you know how expensive weddings are, be honest, tell your brides, hey start low and you can always add. 2. For me personally this was the most disappointing thing of all. When i started putting together my mood board on pinterest, I had a vision, and a clear element that I wanted in my floral design. However, on the day of, this element was not present in any of the center pieces. There was some sort of miscommunication. Now this is not 100% Ellens fault as my planner owned design aspects for the wedding, however we met Ellen in person and shared our mood board as well as discussed this element in detail being a major thread in the floral design and yet it was missed. So, yes I would recommend them again but cautiously and would advise going over all the paper work in detail and look through the flowers called out individually.

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Krista G

Ellen is one of those designers that just "gets" your vision and understand what you want on your special day. She saw the uniqueness in each photo I showed her of arrangements I liked and was able to pull everything together into a cohesive and visually beautiful presentation.... Read More I hated to see her flowers fade away after the wedding. They were like a true art form! Plus, she's an extraordinary pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Alexis S

Ellen's flowers were gorgeous! She is a wonderful person, so easy to talk to: when we came to her, we only had ideas, but no real vision. Just by her sitting us down, asking a few key questions, and having us look at arrangements, she was able to create our dream wedding in no... Read More time; it was that easy! She was also very good at staying within our budget, with lots of options. We had the most beautiful wedding with her flowers and center pieces! I would highly recommend her to everyone!

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 Brian G

Ellen's the best! I cried when seeing the floral arrangements for the first time in the ballroom. (I don't often cry) It was so beautiful and the dream version of what I wanted. One evening was not long enough to enjoy the spectacular atmosphere she created. It was dead on... Read More to what I wanted but way better. She is totally chill and accommodating. We even made a couple decisions somewhat last minute and she didn't blink and eye. She even pinned our boutonnieres on herself. We've kept in contact afterwards and she's a peach!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Katherine P

I adore Ellen and Gingerleaf Floral. From the first email I sent to after the wedding it was an experience that kept me smiling. Ellen was incredibly thorough when we met for a consultation. She took time to really talk with me and then went through my Pinterest board before... Read More creating the estimate. She was great at checking in through the whole planning process letting me know that if I needed anything she was available. And as we started to get closer to the date she was flexible with the changes I requested. I really appreciated her followup and responsiveness. She and her staff stayed through the ceremony to move some florals from from the ceremony space to the reception area and made sure everything was flawless. And the flowers, oh my goodness the flowers. From the arbor piece to the floral collar she made for my sweet dog everything was lovely and exactly as we had discussed. I enthusiastically recommend you work with Ellen and Gingerleaf Floral!

Beautiful Floral Arrangements!

Reviewed on 1/26/2015 Cheryl L

I'm so happy we decided to have Ellen and her team design our floral arrangements for our wedding! Our meeting/consultation with her was detailed and she really took the time to understand what we wanted. Before we met Ellen, we had a few meetings with other florists. Ellen,... Read More by far, was the most personable. She was the only one that didn't give me a weird look when I told her about my color combinations. I love bold colors and Ellen managed to create beautiful arrangements without making the colors look tacky. Not only is Ellen talented but her pricing is very fair and she always responded to my emails promptly, answering all my questions. Save yourself some time and pick Gingerleaf - you won't be disappointed!

Beautiful flowers and fun to work with!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Reika M

I was introduced to Gingerleaf Floral through my wedding planner and am so happy to have worked with them. Ellen and her staff are all such a pleasure to work with! Ellen takes the time to meet with you and really try and understand your vision and bring it to life. The... Read More flowers turned out better than I ever could've imagined!! Very happy to have had them be a part of my big day:)

Big Greek Wedding 9/27/14

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Joanne B

Gingerleaf Floral was amazing for my sister's wedding and just as wonderful for my own! Ellen's attention to detail is unreal...she asks so many questions to really make sure she is capturing the look and feel that you want for your wedding day. While I didn't hear from other... Read More vendors for months at a time, Ellen was sure to check in with me throughout the wedding planning process to ask for any updates and make sure I was staying sane! Ellen does great work and is a pleasure to work with!

Wonderful Bay Area Florist

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Teresa D

Ellen was an absolute joy to work with. I had no idea what I wanted for my wedding, but with her help and guidance, she came up with a clear vision that matched my style perfectly. She worked very closely with me to stay in my budget – for instance, she was very creative in... Read More helping transform our arch arrangement into a head-table centerpiece. She was always available to answer my questions and provide any clarification. Ellen is truly an artist! Her designs are so clean, and the flowers are stunning and lasted forever. Our centerpieces were used again at our day-after brunch and still looked great. I would highly recommend Ellen and Gingerleaf Floral for all you wedding and event floral needs!

Marvelous execution

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Constance F

I would say the easiest piece of planning my own wedding was working with Ellen of Gingerleaf Floral. She is super friendly, knows her stuff and works with you to come up with a plan that aligns with your vision and budget. I was super impressed with Ellen, and her bouquet,... Read More boutonniere and corsage designs were one of my favorite details of my wedding. I couldn't have been happier. I still keep looking at photos of my bridesmaid's flowers and am in awe of how perfect they are. Each was unique and fit the personality of each of my closest friends. Ellen also listened to my husband's preference for a subtle design and she hit the nail on the head with the groom's and groomsmen's bout. I only met with Ellen once before the wedding, so the consultation was done largely by email and over the phone. Ellen also generously shared photos of the flowers she selected so I could match my DIY arrangements to her designs. A very thoughtful and generous offer of a phenomenal professional who takes pride in her work! I recommend Ellen for all of your floral arrangement needs. The DIY route is more work than you think it is!

Magical Bay Area Floral Design For My Wedding

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Blake L

If you're planning a wedding I highly recommend working with Ellen. She will find arrangements that are breath-taking, elegant and distinctly you. She will also make sure she makes it work within your budget. We had her do all the wedding flowers in addition to our Chupah. I... Read More wasn't completely sure of my "artistic direction" but I was confident Ellen would help evolve my ideas to get us there. Her flowers made our wedding magical and did it at a reasonable price as well. She's creative, professional and service oriented. I can't say enough great things about this flower artist!

Perfect Vendor

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Parisa S

Words cannot describe how satisfied I was with Ellen and Gingerleaf. Unlike many brides I was not able to meet Ellen beforehand because I live in Chicago, so for the first appointment Ellen met with both my Mother and Aunt (whom both are very hard to impress and bring extremely... Read More valid concerns to the table). My family later told me about their meeting and I couldn't have been happier. Ellen took my pinterest pics into account, worked with my small budget, my change in colors AND my request a month before if the arrangements could give off a beautiful scent. The day of the event Ellen coordinated with my mother and our Cake Artist (Carolyn Wong) about everything wonderfully. I was even late to the event and Ellen being the wonderful person the she is stayed late to say hello and congrats. I walked into the reception room and honestly wanted to cry the arrangement were so beautiful then I saw our bouquets which were absolutely stunning. The photographer even commented how the whole event smelled wonderful simply walking on site. Looking back at the pictures now (4 months later) it honestly looked as if Ellen could read my dreams and replicated exactly what I wanted and then some. I would honestly recommend Gingerleaf Floral a million times!

Great Wedding Vendor!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014

Ellen is wonderful to work with; she is patient, intuitive, creative, and professional. I didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted for our reception flowers and as with most brides, I obviously wanted to adhere to a certain budget range. Fortunately for me, after a few phone... Read More calls with Ellen, I knew she would be able to help me accomplish both. In reviewing options and ideas with Ellen, I only gave her a rough outline of what I was looking for in terms of color, style, and overall feel. She asked me a ton of questions to better understand what I was looking for and suggested that I put together a pinterest board of themes and similar flowers that I liked. In less than a week, she had detailed proposals for the bouquets and centerpieces, with photo examples to show us her design intent, along with a cost estimate. I really appreciated her responsiveness and continuous dialogue throughout the whole process. On the day of the wedding, I briefly got to meet Ellen in person when she dropped off our bouquets. She was even sweeter in person! She definitely arranged and planned for everything with care and detail. Each bouquet had it's own vase and the wrist corsages were on awesome bracelet cuffs! At the reception, my husband and I got a quick sneak peak of the room before the guests entered. I was so happy with how the flowers arrangements, especially the ensemble centerpieces, turned out. The flowers added just the right amount of color to the room and with the setting sun shining in, it was all gorgeous!! I am so thankful that Inna, our coordinator, referred us to Ellen. She was one of the easiest wedding vendors to work with and I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding florist.

Beautiful flowers and easy to work with!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Amanda M

From the moment I met Ellen at her studio I knew she was a professional and had a lot of experience with weddings. I had to fill out a questionnaire so she could gain a better understanding of my vision and mood and then about a week later she sent me a whole outline of the... Read More type of flowers, colors, designs we could use for our wedding. I was very impressed! We went back and forth a few times to ensure we were both on the same page and every time I emailed her she was quick to respond. I had absolutely no worries when working with her. On the day of the wedding I was so impressed at how quick her and her team were to set everything up and the flowers were gorgeous! We used a lot of the flowers the following day at a after party we had and they looked so fresh! The flowers lasted a long time so it was nice to have them around the house. I would highly recommend Gingerleaf Floral to anyone who wants beautiful flowers at a very reasonably price. Ellen is professional, attentive, easy to work with and overall just knows what she is doing. Thanks Ellen for making our wedding so gorgeous!

Ellen is a dream to work with!

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Sarina C

Ellen Kim of Gingerleaf Floral was an absolute dream to work with! My then-fiance and I had come across her well-reviewed business through a quick online search, and she definitely lived up to the hype! We contracted with Ellen and Gingerleaf Floral for our February 2014... Read More wedding. Ellen was extremely pleasant, professional, and thorough. During our initial consultation, we weren’t entirely sure what we wanted in terms of our floral arrangements and decor — only a few vague concepts. She brought forth a wealth of creative ideas for our floral arrangements and decor, while also keeping both our overall vision and budget in mind. I had mentioned that I wasn’t the type of bride who wanted a lot of flowers, and she had successfully incorporated a lot of non-floral elements into all of her designs. She constantly checked up on us throughout the wedding planning to see if we had any updates and was very open to any changes to our floral arrangements. The final arrangements did not disappoint! We ultimately decided on a very romantic, old-Hollywood glamour aesthetic, and everything was absolutely perfect! She even incorporated ostrich feathers into my bouquet and into our reception centerpieces. On the wedding day, we unfortunately weren’t able to see her due to the fast-paced schedule; however, we were not worried at all! According to our wedding planner, Ellen was extremely prompt and helpful to everyone involved in the wedding party and in the set-up — and we weren’t expecting anything less. While her services are at the higher end of the spectrum, Ellen at Gingerleaf Floral is worth every penny. We would definitely recommend her for any of your floral or decor needs!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Kelly G

My daughter's wedding was an absolute dream come true with the flowers and floral touches that Ellen Kim provided. Ellen was a pleasure to work with. Since my daughter lives in San Diego, most of our meetings with her were via conference call and emails. My daughter sent her... Read More pictures and colors and ideas and Ellen worked them into beautiful bouquets, centerpieces, church arrangements. The flowers were exquisite and everyone at the wedding and reception commented how beautiful they were and how much they added to the overall beauty and ambiance of the wedding. I highly recommend Gingerleaf Floral and Ellen Kim. She is an absolute delight and professional who knows flowers and how to make everything and everyone beautiful!

Ellen Kim

Getting married is a very big deal, and it’s a huge honor being part of a wedding celebration. I love creating wonderful experiences, and know that what we provide is not just beautiful flowers, but beautiful memories. If I had to give one piece of advice to my wedding clients, I would remind them to be in the moment on their wedding day. The day will be overwhelming and wonderful, so take time to appreciate all of it. I have 2 wonderful dogs, and they are truly my “agents of well-being”. They are a constant reminder that being in the moment is the best place to be.