The Experienced Wedding Photographer

Your photographer should capture your wedding as if it was their own. Every detail or candid moment that tells your story should be what your album reflects every time you look at it. Our experience of covering important events gives you the opportunity to just be the bride and actually enjoy your wedding. Let us show you imagery that showcases your guest having a blast as they watch you enjoy your wedding! -GK

Artistic, Classic, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

$5,000+

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

10170 Jefferson Highway, New Orleans, LA (504) 737-5557

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Daniel G

The Knot only allows 3500 characters in their reviews and honestly it's not enough space to share how, and why, George made such a wonderful impact on our wedding. I can summarize by saying simply that if you want the best you should hire George - he is amazingly talented,... Read More thoughtful, energetic and professional. Here's my breakdown of George and GK Photography: He's So Easy to Work With: After I put in the date request online George contacted me immediately to let me know he was available and arranged a meeting time to discuss the wedding. My wife and I loved how he immersed himself into our 'story' before we even signed on with him. He smiled and thought of cool ideas and seemed interested in us as a couple. We immediately signed on with him. He's Traditional with the Latest Technology: George believes in tradition and even has some old time film cameras. He has the latest in new technology as well. For our engagement session he got some outstanding shots of us on a boat using a drone. Though the photos were difficult to get he seemed energized by the idea of portraying images that showed exactly who we were. He'll Get The Shots Others May Not: I'm sure George isn't the only great photographer in the city but I'm not sure there are others who desire to get the perfect shot and will stop at nothing to get it. When you hire George you are getting someone devoted to getting it done "right" and that's something you can't pass up when you are talking about moments you'll never get again. I remember waking up on my wedding day and feeling calm - I knew that we just had to be ourselves and the day would be captured beautifully. As your wedding day is happening you notice certain special things - beautiful natural scenes, special embraces, funny moments - and in the back of your head you are thinking "wow, I hope these show up in the pictures." I figured that a good photographer would get some of those special things, but what blew me away was that George not only grabbed all of the ones that I remembered, but he also captured tons more that I hadn't even noticed that day. When we looked through our photos it was like going back to the day - the storyline of the photos was amazing - and all of the emotion, excitement and power of the day was raw and real. He'll Make You and Your Guests Feel At Ease: One of my friends told me something she noticed about George saying, "He's so full of energy and yet he makes you feel so relaxed at the same time." That's a perfect description of George - he is so "in control and focused" on the task at hand that there is a feeling of calmness that comes over you even during stressful moments. No one can take a good photo if they are tense and it's so important to have a personable professional who will help you feel relaxed and positive. Like I said - George is the entire package. He's certainly not cheap but photography isn't something that you should save money on in your budget. At the end of the day, when the band stops playing, the food is gone, the toasts have been said and the flowers start to wilt, you have one thing left that lasts forever - the images. Who do you want to trust to get those for you? We chose George and we think it's the best decision we could have made!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Holly L

I cannot say enough good things about George! We have known him for many years (he actually took my senior photos when I graduated from high school) and I always knew I wanted him to take my wedding photos! He did not disappoint! George just has this amazing way of capturing... Read More every moment so beautifully and his photos are so thoughtful! There isn't a single photo I wish he'd taken differently or a photo op that he missed! The only problem is having too many beautiful photos to choose from! Also, he is just a blast to work with and be around!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Amanda M

We just received the photos from our wedding and couldn't be happier! George was a great fit for our laid back, go-with-the flow, small wedding! He was fun and easygoing, and completely unobtrusive during the ceremony (I didn't even realize he got sooo many photos!). I really... Read More loved that George also took nice individual photos of all our guests - a great way to remember the day and those we shared it with!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Jennifer C

We have been using George with GK Photography for our business photos since 2008, and I can't recommend him enough. He is professional, but not stuffy, very reliable, and the quality of his work is always outstanding. He knows how to make people relax and feel comfortable while... Read More capturing the best images! You will never regret using his services!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Lauren O

GK is the best photographer around. Him and his wife, Elizabeth, were awesome to work with and were so helpful throughout my wedding experience. My engagement, bridal and wedding day pictures are wonderful. George captured my whole wedding day perfectly, and I'm so satisfied... Read More with his great work! I couldn't have imaged working with another photographer. I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Allison H

George is in my opinion the very best photographer in New Orleans. Not only does he completely know what he is doing from a technical standpoint, he is genuinely one of the nicest persons I have met. My husband and I used George for our wedding and he was AMAZING. He knew the... Read More venue well, knew exactly which shots to take, and made us feel comfortable and laid back on our day. He nailed the shots and didn't waste any time when shooting us, so we were able to enjoy the most time with our guests as possible. I am SO thankful we chose George for our wedding. His personal touches were my favorite part. After we signed our contract, he and his wife sent us a box of thank you goodies (including a picture frame and cajun spice blend) along with a hand written card. So sweet. I loved all of our pictures. We love GK Photography!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Taylor B

George did my wedding in February and I cannot express in enough words how happy I was with the outcome of the photos. He does not waste a second of the night and captures every pivotal moment you want to look back on forever. He also is super fun and laid back which helps you... Read More enjoy your special day so much more (especially if you're an anxious bride). He also gives you a good mixture of candids, sweet moments, and the posed wedding photos you want for the books. He is definitely an expert in this field.

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Shannon S

George is absolutely amazing! GK was the first photographer we met with and didn't need to look any further! It was the best choice ever. George and Elizabeth were super helpful in the planning, helping us with anything we asked. In our engagement photos, we had a blast getting... Read More to know George. He is so fun and makes the awkwardness of a photo shoot so fun! We had just as much fun on our wedding day. It was so stress free and enjoyable. George has such a great eye and was able to capture so many neat shots. And most importantly, the pictures turned out amazing!!! It's so impossible to pick out a favorite as each one turned out so well. Every family member or friend that clicks through comments on how many great photos there are. We wanted a blend of some formal shots with a lot of candid shots and that is exactly what we got! It's so fun to relive all the great memories from the day through the pictures. I would recommend George to every couple out there! It is so worth it!

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Amanda C

GK was amazing! They made our day fun and special, and we absolutely love the photos. They were great at capturing all the candid moments, as well as posed shots. They were so easy to work with and got along well with everyone.

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Caroline L

George was amazing to work with! Super fun, funny and never makes you do anything you feel uncomfortable doing. I am so glad we found George! Wouldn't recommend anyone else!

Mike was Fantastic

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Stephanie H

Mike was great to work with. He made everyone comfortable and was always there snapping away and made sure all the little moments were photographed. I can't wait to see the pictures. I'm sure they are going to be amazing.

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Erin M

I absolutely 100% loved George and his team!!! He and Mike did an AMAZING job photographing my wedding. I relive the day every time I see my photos. They came out absolutely beautiful. George was such an amazing guy the entire time. He was very efficient and took shots I would... Read More have never thought to take. Mike did an AMAZING job capturing the guys. My jaw dropped when I saw their photos. I show them off to everyone!!! George got my pictures to me in a very timely manner. I wish I could give more stars. 5 is definitely not enough!!!!!

The best decision I made!

Reviewed on 5/02/2014 Hannah B

I cannot say enough great things about George and Elizabeth. Let me start with the actual photography. I was looking for someone artistic and who wasn't afraid to try different things. After my engagement session, I realized I had found that and so much more! George and his... Read More partner captured every single moment of my wedding. That is so important because of course the bride and groom misses a lot of whats going on throughout the wedding. We get to see pictures of people having a blast that we didn't even get to see that day! I'm able to relive my entire day over and over again through the photos. As if great photography isn't enough, George is so much fun. He was added entertainment to my wedding, everyone loved him. He kept us laughing the whole day! On top of all of that, George and Elizabeth give great service during the whole experience and even after the wedding. They go above and beyond and are so passionate about what they do. You get first class service with these two! Like I said, best decision I made!!

Choose GK!

Reviewed on 5/02/2014 Meghan V

GK did a fabulous job capturing my wedding day! George was with us ALL day. We started at the Hyatt Regency in New Orleans, where the guys and girls got dressed. George was very interactive and made it fun. We did the first look and took all of our bridal party pictures before... Read More the ceremony started, which made the ceremony and reception at Chateau Country Club so much more fun! GK has a product unlike any other I've seen! George is a master at getting the perfect shot. GK also did our engagement photos and my bridal portraits. I am so pleased with our photos! If you are looking for a fun and down-to-earth photographer with tons of experience, and up to date with the latest wedding trends, choose GK!

Absolutely amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 1/08/2014 Olivia S

I can't say enough good things about GK Photography! George was an absolute pleasure to work and did an amazing job at our wedding. My family loved him and really appreciated his kind spirit and good humor throughout the day. Elizabeth was also great to work with, always... Read More answering my questions and providing good information. On the wedding day, George and his assistant Mike felt like family among all our guests. And, they were really great about any photo requests that we had. I would most definitely recommend GK Photography above all for wedding photographers! I only wished that my husband and I resided closer to New Orleans so that we could use his photography services more often.

Priceless Memories

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Lacey B

After seeing George's work at a bridal show in Lakeside, I knew I wanted him as my wedding day photographer. After working with him, I know I made the right choice. While planning the wedding, George and Elizabeth were warm, friendly, and professional. The day of the wedding,... Read More George's fun personality, professionalism, and creativity were evident. After seeing my pictures, I am in awe. He captured moments I will cherish forever. He didn't miss a single shot. Each picture is beautiful and reminds me how special that nice was. The hardest part is picking a favorite because all of the photos are so beautiful. You cannot go wrong with GK photography! I give them my HIGHEST recommendation. They are worth every penny and more. Once everything is over, all you have are your photos and memories. I am so grateful I have such exquisite photos, and it is all because of GK!

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 7/08/2013 Christine D

George was the first of multiple photographers I planned to meet with to capture our wedding - after we left his office, I called and cancelled all of our other appointments and booked him right away. He is so personal and you can tell he takes pride in his work. His wife,... Read More Elizabeth, works with him in the office and she was so easy to talk to and coordinate everything with. By the time we took our engagement photos we felt like we already knew them both so well. The engagement session was so much fun and the pictures were fantastic! He made us feel so comfortable! When it was time for the wedding, both George and Tim came to shoot. I had never met Tim before, but I trusted that George was comfortable with his work. He also turned out to be fantastic and so easy to work with. I have two older sisters who were married before me, and both said how great George was and how smooth everything went compared to their photographers. We didn't feel like we had to pose the entire time. He did a fantastic job of capturing the moments as they actually took place and not having to recreate things like putting on my shoes or getting my makeup done. He laughed and joked with us the whole time which made everything so much fun. I could go on and on about our experience but the point is... you can't find a better photographer than GK!

GK Photography

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Mary G

We love Elizabeth and George. If you want a great, personalized experience, George is the photographer for you. He took amazing shots and he was great to hang out with.

Great photographer!

Reviewed on 5/02/2013 Kelly S

I was very impressed with George and Tim! They did a great job at my wedding and they were very accommodating when I needed extra time from them. Although it is quite expensive to hire them, they do a great job photography. I feel like their photos are more than just a picture... Read More from a camera, they tell a story. Just be aware that you will have to pay extra to purchase each photo he is taken.

GK photography

Reviewed on 2/22/2013 Katherine W

GK photography is an incredible company to work with!! George is so easy going and very talented, the combination makes the time posing so much fun! I never felt awkward or uncomfortable taking pictures for my bridals or wedding pictures! He does a great job delivering exactly... Read More what you want! I wanted the more creative style photography and my mother wanted the traditional pictures as well, he was able to make both of us happy! My favorite thing about my wedding pictures is all the action shots! I love them!...I couldn't have had a better experience with GK! Very happy I chose them for my wedding!

Best Photography Experience!!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Deanna R

When we started looking for photographers we did not know where to begin, but after meeting GK and Elizabeth everything fell into place. After looking around the studio and talking to GK we knew we wanted him as our photographer. During our engagement session we all got to know... Read More each other and it was nothing but fun, we knew the wedding would be a blast! With GK and Elizabeth we were more than just a number or name we got to know them and they got to know us. From our engagement session to the wedding day we have NO complaints!!! We now trust GK photography in capturing all of our memories, we will definitely be working with them again.

Mrs. Overton

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 samantha s

I don't even know how to begin to describe my experience with George and Elizabeth of GK Photography, but here goes. The first day my husband and I walked in to meet George as a possible photographer for our wedding we knew instantly we wanted him! He greeted us as if we were... Read More life long friends and the most important people in the world. He made us feel so comfortable and welcome. Booking George as our photographer was the best wedding decision we could have made. The way he captures his images is breath taking! He made life long memories for Gary and I that we will cherish for ever! George and Elizabeth have a customer for life!

Gk will capture every Family Milestone in our futu

Reviewed on 5/20/2012 Debra S

Friday night May 4, 2012, our daughter's fairy tale wedding became a reality at CGT Plantation and Gk Photography was there to capture the everlasting memories! George Kuchler has such creative imagery that he stands out among all the wedding photographers in the entire area.... Read More George has been a friend of the family ever since 2007 senior graduation pictures and will be there to capture our milestone events in the future and for many years to come. From one photo to the next, he Wows you with amazement! We Love George Kuchler of Gk and give the highest recommendation!

AWESOME!!!

Reviewed on 4/08/2012 Megan M

The only way to describe GK! So much fun to work with and my pics are amazing! Thanks GK!

GK will be our Photographer for life!

Reviewed on 3/07/2012 Whitney C

We got married 5/14/2011 and we hired George at GK Photography! That was the best decision we could have ever made! He and his staff made us feel like we were their only clients! The personal attention he gave to my husband and I was outstanding! Every step of the way he was... Read More just as excited as we were about the wedding! The engagement session was so much fun... George has the ability to capture true love and emotion through his pictures! Our wedding album is so amazing I was speechless when I first saw it! We will be able to re-live our wedding day over and over through our cherished memeories from our album! He caught every detail at the wedding! George is truely the most amazing person, he loves his job and he loves his clients. He treated us as if we were his own family getting married and gave us only the BEST!!! Sometimes it seemed that George was more excited about what was going on than I was... lol.... he never forgot anything and that just makes you feel truely special!!! I can't wait to start a family and have George help us capture those memories too!! We will continue to go to George for every special moment in our lives!! I will never be able to fully express my graditude for the personal attention and amzaing photos from our wedding!! Thanks George!!!

GK Photography