Global Bridal Gallery

Global Bridal Gallery offers experienced bridal consultants with over 25 years combined industry knowledge, excellent customer service, and customer care. We also carry the most well-known designer gowns and accessories in the industry. We are a full service salon – offering products to cater to the full bridal needs such as wedding gowns, accessories, jewelry, headpieces, custom veils, and alteration services.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

689 S Washington St, Alexandria, VA (703) 739-2743

Reviewed on 3/16/2018 Laurel

I truly had an amazing experience at Global Bridal Gallery and their customer service is unparalleled! I started dress shopping only a few months before my nuptials and had been to multiple salons prior to my appointment at Global Bridal. My experiences had been mixed and in... Read More general I felt that most shops were disinterested as I wanted to purchase a sample dress and had a relatively constrained timeframe. The women at Global were incredibly warm and friendly and immediately put me at ease. I felt as if I was shopping with a group of friends and we were all laughing and talking to the other brides in the salon. Danielle, my consultant, was an angel. Luckily I had a good idea of the designer and dress style I preferred and the first dress she pulled was the one. Danielle worked diligently over 2 days in order to ensure that they could order a new dress in the exact size I needed and also confirmed with the designer that I would receive it in time to perform alterations. In addition, I received 10% off as the dress was part of an upcoming trunk show which helped defray the extra cost of shipping the dress. She definitely went above and beyond to assist me and was extremely courteous and professional! I visited a variety of upscale salons in the tristate area (MD, DC, VA) and this by far was my best bridal shopping experience. Thank you, Global!

Reviewed on 2/11/2018 Brittany G

It was such a pleasure shopping for my wedding dress at Global Bridal. I had visited two other stores before my visit and they could not compare to the service and experience at Global Bridal. I brought my mother and future mother-in-law with me, and Marie was absolutely... Read More exceptional in listening to all of our thoughts/idea. She was super patient, incredibly nice, and made me feel comfortable within a few minutes, a feeling I did not have at the other stores. She also knows everything about the dresses in the store. I only had a vague idea of what I wanted and after putting me in a few dresses that were close but not perfect, she found two options that were spot-on. She really listened to me as I tried on each dress (again, something that was lacking at the other stores) and stayed within my budget. I felt so comfortable working with her and could not be more grateful for her help in finding my dress. After I decided on my dress, my mother wanted to try on a few mother-of-the-bride dresses (not planned). She bought her dress, also gorgeous, within minutes of looking after trying on only three options. I also used Global Bridal’s alteration services and had a wonderful experience with Stacy. I had 3 fittings, and at each one she was super sweet and very attentive to my concerns. By the time I walked out of the store with my dress, I couldn’t have been happier. Global Bridal truly provides the experience you hope to have when searching for a dress, from start to finish. Thanks so much, Marie and Stacy!

Reviewed on 2/10/2018 Alexandria S

I made an appointment with them and ended up ordering my dress that first appointment, and they were extremely helpful throughout the entire process! My fiancee's family was re-stationed while my dress was on order, so I was unable to go to the store to retrieve it. This was not... Read More an issue at all, as the wonderful staff worked with us and had it shipped to my new address. Also, my dress is absolutely STUNNING and I am so thrilled with everything. This is the place to go.

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Brittany S

Best experience EVER!!!! Miss Marie was absolutely WONDERFUL!! All of my family and bridal party are in different states, so I had to go to my appointment by myself, but they made me feel like I was THEIR daughter!!! I couldn't have asked for a better place to find my DREAM... Read More dress!! But wait, there's more! Not only did I "find" my dream dress, they DESIGNED IT THEMSELVES WHILE IT WAS ON ME! Yes, I have the dress I have always dreamed of due to their expertise and eye for detail and listening to what I wanted so well and piecing it together for me! They new what I wanted better than I did! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM AND MY DRESS!!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Brittany S

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Jenni S

I came to Global Bridal after finding my dream dress at BHLDN, which my mother and sister hated. I had a wonderful experience with all of the women who worked at Global Bridal, including my original saleswoman who was sensitive to my time restrictions and to my mother’s... Read More conservative opinions. I was so pleased to find a dress which was ready in less than 2 months, but after shopping at BHLDN (where I could get a dress in a week and return it), I was very disappointed with the traditional wedding dress shopping generally. But Global Bridal has a huge stock, with knowledgeable saleswomen, and reasonable prices (though the in-house tailoring was pretty expensive), so if you are going to go with a traditional bridal boutique in the DC area, I would 100% advocate for coming here.

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Cristina P

Marie was awesome! She pulled a couple of dresses and the first dress she pulled ended up being the one! I tried on a few more dresses but nothing compared to that first one. She stayed within my budget and the dress actually ended up being under budget! If you are looking for a... Read More gorgeous selection of gowns at amazing prices this is the place to go!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Kylene P

It baffles me why there are so many good reviews for this place. The staff was not friendly, my consultant seemed like it was her first day on the job, the dressing areas were dirty and cramped, and I couldn’t walk from the dressing room to the mirror without dodging rowdy... Read More drunken bridesmaids. I had emailed my Pinterest page, as they had requested, and got a response that said, oh we will have a lot of things you will like! When I came in, the consultant didn’t know about it, nor how to access it, and tried vainly to ask other staff about a WiFi password but then gave up when they wouldn’t even talk to her. I described what I was interested in, and then she pulled a dress that was the wrong silhouette and didn’t have any of the details I mentioned. She couldn’t really find any like I described, so I started looking myself. There were only like 12 dresses to choose from anyway! We went to our dressing area, which was not really big enough for two people to stand in, much less in a big dress. The consultant was sort of helpful, although it was clear from the condition of the dresses that I was not the first person told to “just step on it and we’ll pull it up as you go”. She was not very helpful, never making suggestions or responding to my comments. Even if I had a good consultant, I can’t inagine having a good time in this shabby place where I felt like cattle being shuffled around.

2017-12-01T15:57:08 Response from the vendor

Hello, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are very apologetic that your experience was unsatisfactory. It is always helpful to know how we can improve as a store. We aim for every bride to have a wonderful experience in our store... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Emily S

The staff at Global Bridal Gallery are very sweet and helpful. Sometimes, it was unclear where we were supposed to go for dress pick-up or fittings, and sometimes the stylists would leave the room when we needed them, or they would pass us off to a different stylist. But, once I... Read More picked my dress and worked with alterations, things were perfect. Stacy is the best! She makes you feel so special and beautiful and assures you about every detail the entire time.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Dianne T

I bought a shrug, faux fur wrap and and some sparkly hair accessories here. Long story short, a few days before my wedding, I did not like the wrap that I had already bought, and my Mom was stressing that my hair would look too boring without some sparkle. So, stressed out, we... Read More stopped by here. The people in the shop were amazingly kind and helpful and dealt with my stressed out Mom well. Everything I tried on, I loved, and was of beautiful quality. We were able to buy very nice items off the rack and everything looked great for the wedding. We worked primarily with Marie who was so helpful.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Allie S

The team here is INCREDIBLE. I came on the recommendation of two friends who purchased their dresses here, and I didn't want to look anywhere else! Marie really listened to what I wanted and found me the perfect dress. She could tell what I wanted even when I wasn't sure yet!... Read More I've been back twice and each time I try on my dress, I don't want to take it off. The ladies who work here are fun and knowledgeable and so friendly. And the prices cannot be beaten. Go for an appointmet; you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Misty Rose H

Great place to get a dress! I had great service. The person that helped me, pulled out great dresses. The price was very affordable too. Alterations were on site. They were pricey, but they did a perfect job.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Jessica S

Fantastic service, very accommodating and helpful. The staff is very nice and truly wanted to help you.

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 E. S

Global Bridal--specifically Marie and the lovely tailoring crew--provided me with the best wedding dress shopping experience a bride could hope for! Marie helped me find my dream dress and was so helpful and accommodating! They were a pleasure to work with and always... Read More professional.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Kayla K

Marie was amazing. She listened to what look i was going for and found many dresses for me to try on. She didn't force me to try on anything and always gave me a choice. Also, she could tell i did not like a dress just my expression. That shows someone who understands their... Read More customers, even after just meeting them. I would highly recommend Global Bridal Gallery. I haven't done my first fitting yet so i don't know how that will be, but if my first experience of trying on a dress and finding the one was great then I'm sure the fittings and alteration will be great as well.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Alyssa S

I went into Global Bridal alone, since my family lives out of state. I left feeling as though I went in with my best friend. Marie was so helpful and friendly. She gave me her honest opinion and seemed like she really just wanted me to love my dress, even if I didn't buy it with... Read More her. I found something I loved and she assured me that we could make the necessary modifications to my liking. I have not ordered the dress quite yet, but I am almost certain that I will be purchasing my wedding dress at this salon.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Ebony T

My experience here was amazing! I had to change my appointment to an earlier time and they were extremely accommodating. The consultants were warm and friendly from the moment I walked in. Marie was fantastic! (my dress ended up being the second dress she pulled). I can't say... Read More enough about this shop's level of professionalism and customer service. They really made my visit one to remember. I would recommend Global Bridal Gallery to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Susan D

Amazing, kind and talented staff!!!! Global Bridal Gallery was my first stop and I tried on some great dresses... just didn't have that "wow" moment. I also was not too sure of what I wanted, but the sales person ( I wish I could remember her name to give her proper credit) was... Read More incredibly patient and very sweet and even allowed a couple of my gal pals go and help her select a few dresses. I walked out of there empty handed that time, but after a few more bridal boutiques, I finally had an idea in my head of what I was looking for. I knew that of all the places I had been searching for a dress, I wanted to give Global Bridal Gallery my business because they had made a very good first impression on me for their selection of dresses and amazing staff. My mom and I just happened to be back in Old Town Alexandria so I gave Global Bridal a call to see if they had any appointments available. Of course, it was one of their busiest days of the season as they were participating in a wonderful charity event for military brides, however they agreed to squeeze me in. My mom and I showed up and were led to a different area of the salon... one we had not seen before that had the most exquisite dresses. Exactly what I had been searching for!!! I fell in love with two dresses, one merely for the sparkly fabric underlay that surrounded the gown and made it glisten. The saleswoman, Serke, proposed that we combine the look and I tried on my favorite gown (a stunning Sophia Tolli) while she held the iridescent-sequined fabric under the first layer of tulle. It was perfect!!! Everything fell into place after that; Serke special ordered the fabric and a few months later, the amazing seamstresses made it my dream dress. I cannot thank the whole team, Serke, Mary-lu and Stacie enough for their professionalism and skill. They made me feel and look beautiful in my gown!!! I would definitely recommend Global Bridal Gallery-- just make sure you get a chance to explore all the options in the different sections of the salon!!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Brenda S

The customer service I received from Global Bridal was nothing less than Amazing. I'm extremely happy and highly recommend Global Bridal Gallery.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Danielle G

I can't say enough amazing things about the consultant that helped me here. She was patient, attentive, never pushy, friendly...I really and truly felt like she was there to help me find the dress for my perfect day. We came back the next day to show my grandmother the dress I... Read More thought I wanted, only to have her show me a dress that fit us all into tears. She listened to what we wanted, was patient trying on tons of dresses to explore different styles, stayed an hour late so we could stare at the perfect dress, and had a huge smile the entire time. I only wish the gallery had water! Bring your own :)

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Samara S

I just got my wedding dress yesterday and had a fabulous experience at Global Bridal. I worked with Danielle, and she listened to what I wanted and pulled dresses for me in that style. I loved this because it meant I wasn't having to go all over the store and review every dress... Read More myself. I even asked her to pick 1 – 2 for me that weren't exactly what I had asked for but might be something she thought I looked good in, and she ended up picking the dress that I purchased! I went to lunch to think it over and then came back to purchase the dress, and she let me try it on — and keep it on — for another half hour despite not having made an additional appointment. She was amazing. Also, this should be obvious, but she stayed with me and was solely focused on me for the entirety of my appointment. I can't say the same for some of the other salons in the area. And finally, the whole staff was amazing. Everyone was super enthusiastic and welcoming even though they weren't working with me personally. When I had my "say yes to the dress" moment, everyone was genuinely enthusiastic. The customer service was excellent. If you're in the area, don't think twice and go to Global.

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Danielle T

90% of the reviews are OLD. this place had changed obviously. I had a HORRIBLE experience on serval occasion. They are unprofessional. The store needs updating. The shop has way to many dresses it looks like a thrift store for bridal gowns. The employees had thick accents and... Read More did not comprehend what I was looking for in a dress. Do not WASTE your time. The process like someone else mentioned is just not professional.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Becca S

Marie helped me find my DREAM dress!!! When I went to Global Bridal, I was on dress store #3. I had found 2 dress at another place that I was torn between. They helped me find the combination of them both!! I am not a crying type and I cried. I felt beautiful and like a princess... Read More on my wedding day. Stacy was my dress fitter and was awesome to work with! My alterations were great. I lost some weight before the wedding and they flawlessly altered my dress at my last fitting to size to fit me. I went to my pick up fitting and everything was perfect! So happy with my experience!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Natalie D

I got my dress at Global Bridal Gallery and had such a great experience. I just went in there, told them what I thought I was looking for, and they went and pulled all the dresses for me. This makes for a great experience for someone that a) hates shopping and b) doesn't... Read More really know the first thing about dresses (let alone wedding dresses). Everyone in there was easy to work with, fun, and you can tell they love what they do. Their prices are very reasonable as well. Would highly recommend heading to GBG to get your dress

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Gabrielle B

Marie and Stacy made every visit to Global the best. :) Unlike other bridal salons, we really felt like family there. I realize that this isn't what everyone wants or needs, but it made a difference. The staff at Global really remembered us, laughed with us, and made every visit... Read More fun. Additionally, UNLIKE other bridal salons, I felt like Marie really listened to what I liked and didn't like. I had a hard time articulating it and she was fantastic about reading my reactions to the dresses and making recommendations. The store has a great selection. My bridesmaids dresses also came from Global. We picked them quickly and all of the girls really liked the dress. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!