Global Bridal Gallery

Global Bridal Gallery offers experienced bridal consultants with over 25 years combined industry knowledge, excellent customer service, and customer care. We also carry the most well-known designer gowns and accessories in the industry. We are a full service salon – offering products to cater to the full bridal needs such as wedding gowns, accessories, jewelry, headpieces, custom veils, and alteration services.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

689 S Washington St, Alexandria, VA (703) 739-2743

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Ebony T

My experience here was amazing! I had to change my appointment to an earlier time and they were extremely accommodating. The consultants were warm and friendly from the moment I walked in. Marie was fantastic! (my dress ended up being the second dress she pulled). I can't say... Read More enough about this shop's level of professionalism and customer service. They really made my visit one to remember. I would recommend Global Bridal Gallery to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Brenda S

The customer service I received from Global Bridal was nothing less than Amazing. I'm extremely happy and highly recommend Global Bridal Gallery.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Natalie D

I got my dress at Global Bridal Gallery and had such a great experience. I just went in there, told them what I thought I was looking for, and they went and pulled all the dresses for me. This makes for a great experience for someone that a) hates shopping and b) doesn't... Read More really know the first thing about dresses (let alone wedding dresses). Everyone in there was easy to work with, fun, and you can tell they love what they do. Their prices are very reasonable as well. Would highly recommend heading to GBG to get your dress

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 E. S

Global Bridal--specifically Marie and the lovely tailoring crew--provided me with the best wedding dress shopping experience a bride could hope for! Marie helped me find my dream dress and was so helpful and accommodating! They were a pleasure to work with and always... Read More professional.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Kayla K

Marie was amazing. She listened to what look i was going for and found many dresses for me to try on. She didn't force me to try on anything and always gave me a choice. Also, she could tell i did not like a dress just my expression. That shows someone who understands their... Read More customers, even after just meeting them. I would highly recommend Global Bridal Gallery. I haven't done my first fitting yet so i don't know how that will be, but if my first experience of trying on a dress and finding the one was great then I'm sure the fittings and alteration will be great as well.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Alyssa S

I went into Global Bridal alone, since my family lives out of state. I left feeling as though I went in with my best friend. Marie was so helpful and friendly. She gave me her honest opinion and seemed like she really just wanted me to love my dress, even if I didn't buy it with... Read More her. I found something I loved and she assured me that we could make the necessary modifications to my liking. I have not ordered the dress quite yet, but I am almost certain that I will be purchasing my wedding dress at this salon.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Susan D

Amazing, kind and talented staff!!!! Global Bridal Gallery was my first stop and I tried on some great dresses... just didn't have that "wow" moment. I also was not too sure of what I wanted, but the sales person ( I wish I could remember her name to give her proper credit) was... Read More incredibly patient and very sweet and even allowed a couple of my gal pals go and help her select a few dresses. I walked out of there empty handed that time, but after a few more bridal boutiques, I finally had an idea in my head of what I was looking for. I knew that of all the places I had been searching for a dress, I wanted to give Global Bridal Gallery my business because they had made a very good first impression on me for their selection of dresses and amazing staff. My mom and I just happened to be back in Old Town Alexandria so I gave Global Bridal a call to see if they had any appointments available. Of course, it was one of their busiest days of the season as they were participating in a wonderful charity event for military brides, however they agreed to squeeze me in. My mom and I showed up and were led to a different area of the salon... one we had not seen before that had the most exquisite dresses. Exactly what I had been searching for!!! I fell in love with two dresses, one merely for the sparkly fabric underlay that surrounded the gown and made it glisten. The saleswoman, Serke, proposed that we combine the look and I tried on my favorite gown (a stunning Sophia Tolli) while she held the iridescent-sequined fabric under the first layer of tulle. It was perfect!!! Everything fell into place after that; Serke special ordered the fabric and a few months later, the amazing seamstresses made it my dream dress. I cannot thank the whole team, Serke, Mary-lu and Stacie enough for their professionalism and skill. They made me feel and look beautiful in my gown!!! I would definitely recommend Global Bridal Gallery-- just make sure you get a chance to explore all the options in the different sections of the salon!!!

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Danielle G

I can't say enough amazing things about the consultant that helped me here. She was patient, attentive, never pushy, friendly...I really and truly felt like she was there to help me find the dress for my perfect day. We came back the next day to show my grandmother the dress I... Read More thought I wanted, only to have her show me a dress that fit us all into tears. She listened to what we wanted, was patient trying on tons of dresses to explore different styles, stayed an hour late so we could stare at the perfect dress, and had a huge smile the entire time. I only wish the gallery had water! Bring your own :)

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Samara S

I just got my wedding dress yesterday and had a fabulous experience at Global Bridal. I worked with Danielle, and she listened to what I wanted and pulled dresses for me in that style. I loved this because it meant I wasn't having to go all over the store and review every dress... Read More myself. I even asked her to pick 1 – 2 for me that weren't exactly what I had asked for but might be something she thought I looked good in, and she ended up picking the dress that I purchased! I went to lunch to think it over and then came back to purchase the dress, and she let me try it on — and keep it on — for another half hour despite not having made an additional appointment. She was amazing. Also, this should be obvious, but she stayed with me and was solely focused on me for the entirety of my appointment. I can't say the same for some of the other salons in the area. And finally, the whole staff was amazing. Everyone was super enthusiastic and welcoming even though they weren't working with me personally. When I had my "say yes to the dress" moment, everyone was genuinely enthusiastic. The customer service was excellent. If you're in the area, don't think twice and go to Global.

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Danielle T

90% of the reviews are OLD. this place had changed obviously. I had a HORRIBLE experience on serval occasion. They are unprofessional. The store needs updating. The shop has way to many dresses it looks like a thrift store for bridal gowns. The employees had thick accents and... Read More did not comprehend what I was looking for in a dress. Do not WASTE your time. The process like someone else mentioned is just not professional.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Becca S

Marie helped me find my DREAM dress!!! When I went to Global Bridal, I was on dress store #3. I had found 2 dress at another place that I was torn between. They helped me find the combination of them both!! I am not a crying type and I cried. I felt beautiful and like a princess... Read More on my wedding day. Stacy was my dress fitter and was awesome to work with! My alterations were great. I lost some weight before the wedding and they flawlessly altered my dress at my last fitting to size to fit me. I went to my pick up fitting and everything was perfect! So happy with my experience!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Gabrielle B

Marie and Stacy made every visit to Global the best. :) Unlike other bridal salons, we really felt like family there. I realize that this isn't what everyone wants or needs, but it made a difference. The staff at Global really remembered us, laughed with us, and made every visit... Read More fun. Additionally, UNLIKE other bridal salons, I felt like Marie really listened to what I liked and didn't like. I had a hard time articulating it and she was fantastic about reading my reactions to the dresses and making recommendations. The store has a great selection. My bridesmaids dresses also came from Global. We picked them quickly and all of the girls really liked the dress. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Emily T

The outcome was fine with all of my bridesmaids getting their dresses in time (and correct size and color) for the wedding, but the process sure was not easy. The ladies at Global Bridal were not always professional and efficient with their responses and information. From an... Read More initial appointment on December 23rd for a July 9th wedding, I thought we were way ahead of the game. The dress was selected by New Year's and we were given the information about how to submit the orders based on the bridesmaids either getting measured there or emailing measurements in with the Global form (which it took several calls and emails to actually get). Unfortunately, it was not relayed that the order would not be placed until all bridesmaids had paid in full and submitted measurements and therefore due to 1 bridesmaid waiting several weeks, the other dresses were not ordered until she submitted her order and payment. If this information was relayed before, it would not have been a problem and I would have followed up more with the one bridesmaid. We also were not aware that a plus size would be more expensive than a regular size until the day the order was placed. Throughout the manufacturing process, I was very concerned the dresses would not come in time and it was a source of stress that each time I called to check the delivery dates, I was given different information each time from someone different. I work with manufacturers who have certain lead times and I understand this is out of Global's control, but it was a little disconcerting to be given different information depending on the day and who I talked to, and often it was much longer than the lead time originally given. My bridesmaids also reported lack of professionalism when they picked up the dresses and confusion about having to make an appointment to pick up each dress even during regular business hours. I have talked to friends who have had great success with Global, but to me they seemed scattered and inconsistent with services. The dresses did come in on time thankfully and looked wonderful the day of the wedding so I do thank Global for that!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Chelsea L

Global Bridal treats you like a princess every time you walk in the store. From the initial appointment, coming back to pick the dress, alterations, to picking the dress up I was impressed by all of the service! Everyone who works there is kind and helpful and goes above and... Read More beyond with their service.

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Katie G

We had nothing but great experiences every time we walked into global! While their shop is a bit small, my party was large and they put us up in their larger alterations room when I was trying on dresses and it really helped us all relax and feel comfortable. We bought my dress... Read More and when it was time for alterations, they were very helpful and knowledgable about what was best for my dress and it turned out gorgeous! Marie is the best and she made sure we were happy every time we walked out of the store. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Sarah P

I shopped for my veil here after already purchasing my dress elsewhere. My mother and I had a great experience. The saleswoman who helped us was patient, offered us several styles that she felt complemented my dress and were what I was looking for, and didn't push anything... Read More expensive on us. Even though we didn't buy the dress there, she was nothing but accommodating and polite. I think we got a good deal and because they had one in stock, I was able to take it with me that day. They had a pretty wide selection in veils, and a huge selection in dresses from what I saw.

Reviewed on 2/15/2016 Daniel

I had a great experience finding a dress here. Serki did an amazing job actually listening to what I wanted in a dress, looking at photos and then finding dresses that met what I was looking for. They have a great selection and Serki gave me all the time I needed to try on many... Read More combinations of dresses, separates, belts, and veils. Even when I needed to go over my appointment they let me keep trying on different combinations and never once made me feel hurried or bad for taking so long. The dresses are beautiful and very fairly priced, easily better priced than anywhere else I went in Alexandria. They were truly a class act here, and had excellent selections of jewelry, veils, and more. I would high,y recommend any bride set up an appointment here before looking or deciding anywhere else.

Reviewed on 12/27/2015 Cortney W

I contacted Global Bridal Gallery after a recommendation from a friend. I had purchased a designer gown in another state and had not tried it on again until 10 months later (and 1 month before my wedding). They worked with me to schedule a fitting and alterations on short... Read More notice. They did seem a little confused when I showed up for appointments. They even once could not find my dress when I returned (one week later) for a final fitting. It turned out the dress was not yet finished and I needed to return later that day. Overall, they did a decent job for what I requested.

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Kelley G

I cannot rave enough about Global Bridal! Serkhi and Marie are the sweetest! From the moment I walked in, they were so attentive and listened to what I wanted. They found me a dress that was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. Every time I went there for fittings, they... Read More were so sweet and would ask me about wedding details. They really took the time to get to know me and didn’t treat me just like a customer. I also ordered the bridesmaid dresses and mu mom’s dress through them, they were beautiful.

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Karen G

Global Bridal Gallery was one of the first places I visited. I loved that they didn’t try to push more expensive dresses – Marie selected dresses within my budget, and when my mom found some others on the rack she wanted me to try, Marie warned that they were over budget. I... Read More eventually ordered my dress from here. When it came in, it didn’t look anything like I expected (I actually cried when I first tried it on). The staff was great at trying to come up with options to fix the issue, and I ended up being pleased. But I spent more than planned due to the changes that we had to make. Overall I would recommend the shop because I loved the level of customer service that I received.

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Lindsay K

When I first started thinking about wedding dresses, I had no idea where to begin. I kicked off the search by reading review after review on Yelp, Wedding Wire, The Knot, etc... I was shocked to see how many places actually had pretty bad reviews (too pricey, snooty staff,... Read More etc...)! I knew I didn't want to spend an exorbitant amount of money, but didn't want something cheap either. I first visited a place near my home that I had heard about from friends. Honestly, nothing was wrong w/ the place at all. The people were friendly,the boutique was clean and spacious. I just didn't fall in love with any of the dresses right off the bat. So on with my search. The next place I found was Global Bridal in Alexandria. They had good reviews so figured it'd be worth checking out. From the moment you first walk in, they make you feel like they've known you for years. Everyone there was so welcoming, friendly, excited for you, etc... I dealt mostly with Marie who is very educated on wedding dresses and was so personable and genuine. After picking the dress (and Marie celebrated with me as if it was her own daughter finding her dress), then came ordering the bridesmaids dresses. Global Bridal didn't carry the designer I wanted so they ordered them and gave us a discount for ordering through them. Then came alterations. The seamstress was so sweet and careful in her work. Again, each member of the staff was just so warm and easy to work with every time we visited. They showed excitement each time we walked through the door. Once all was said and done, we came to pick up my dress after the final fitting and it was sad to say goodbye to all the ladies. They asked that we come back by with pictures b/c they couldn't wait to see how it all went. Needless to say, I'd recommend them to anyone looking to find a beautiful dress and meet some wonderful women along the way.

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Kristen F

Working with Global Bridal was such a pleasurable experience! Your wedding gown is a huge decision, and the ladies at this store are so helpful, patient and sweet. Here are some highlights of why I love them so much: 1. The first time I went into Global to try on dresses, I... Read More had 9 people with me...yes 9. Global gave us tons of space and ensured everyone had a chair. Many bridal stores in the area were annoyed with us and would only have a chair or two. The experience at Global was far superior to any others around. 2. The attendant that day (Stephanie) picked out my dress for me. I would have NEVER picked it off the rack. After she saw me in a few dresses I had picked, she asked me to try the one she picked. It was AMAZING and ended up being my dress. She was able to pick the perfect dress for my body and personality within 10 minutes of meeting me. 3. It took me a while to actually "say yes" and purchase the dress, not sure why. Global allowed me to come in and try the dress on about 4 different times. Dawn and Serki were super patient with me! 4. After I bought the dress and I continued to go in for my alterations, the staff was always so bright and cheery. They act like your best friends, and make you feel comfortable and beautiful! 5. Their prices are very fair. My dress looked like it should have been 5 times more than what I paid. So long story short, I would recommend Global Bridal and I am so grateful to them for helping me with my big day!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Stephanie W

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Global Bridal Gallery. Their team is so knowledgable, friendly, and helpful. From the moment that I walked in to try on dresses, I knew that is where I'd be buying my wedding dress. They did an amazing job with alterations; it fit me like a glove. I will be... Read More contacting them for dress preservation very soon! Tip: Try to make an appointment during the week to try on dresses. The place is PACKED on Saturday and Sunday. I went on a Saturday, and their staff was still super attentive amongst the crowd, but it was very crowded.

LOVED them!

Reviewed on 4/11/2015 Bethany R

This company was amazing. Their listed price for my dress was $200 less than one of their competitors. Needless to say they had me with their fairness at that moment. With my alterations they let me come in as many times as I wanted/needed. The staff was so friendly and helpful... Read More through every step! This shop is small can does get busy, so make sure you have an appointment to have the very best experience there!

Stephanie is fantastic!

Reviewed on 12/30/2014 Karen B

My bridal consultant Stephanie was phenomenal at helping me find the perfect dress. It was not what I had in mind, but was perfect! She had me try on all of the different styles and fabrics to really allow me to pick out what I like best (which turned out looked terrible on).... Read More Marie was wonderful in dressing my bridesmaids too. The only down side to my experience was alterations. There was a piece of extraneous fabric sewed into the front of my dress that my bridesmaids had to remove on my wedding day. Overall it all worked out and the dress was gorgeous. I have recommended them to all of my newly engaged friends.