Be Inspired!

Formerly the Kindel Furniture factory, the Goei Center is a loft-style venue with urban elegance and features industrial chic design elements. We would be honored to have you with us for your special day!

• Ceremony Area

Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Historic Venue, Loft

818 Butterworth St SW, Grand Rapids, MI (616) 949-2421
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Angie J

Lindsay, the wedding coordinator, was a dream to work with. She made planning super easy and was really attentive to detail and quick to respond to emails. The venue looked wonderful the night of our reception, and we received so many compliments from our guests. We loved the... Read More Goei Center's unique character, yet it was classy enough for what we wanted. You won't be disappointed if you choose Goei for your big day.

2016-09-28T06:50:00 Response from the vendor

You are so sweet, Angie! Thank you so much for your kind words :) Many years of happiness to you and Ryan as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Whitney T

I can't even begin to explain how truly wonderful it was to work with Lindsay @ The Goei Center. She literally got me though planning my wedding in 5 months from across the country- which allowed me to keep my sanity through it all ;) We had our wedding, cocktail hour, &... Read More reception all at the venue and it was beyond breath taking! Every question & email was answered in a very timely matter with such kindness and patience. Not only did I get to work with a expert wedding coordinator, but I also made a friend! Thank you so much for EVERYTHING Lindsay!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Kelly B

The Goei Center is an absolutely gorgeous, very unique venue! We had our wedding reception there in June and it could not have been a more perfect day. We've received so many compliments on our venue choice! Lindsay, the wedding coordinator at Goei, was hands down one of the... Read More best people I worked with while planning our wedding. I simply adore her. Lindsay is one of the most organized, kind, helpful people I had the pleasure of working with. Honestly, she is the one who kept me sane during the wedding planning process. You will not be disappointed if you choose Goei as your venue!!

2016-08-21T17:44:00 Response from the vendor

Awww Kelly, you are too sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words :) You and Adam were an absolute JOY to work with and get to know. I wish you many years of happiness as husband and wife! :)

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Carly O

I had a fantastic experience working with the Goei Center. Not only is the space absolutely beautiful but Lindsay was SO helpful with everything. She responded so quickly to all of my emails and provided much needed guidance and help from the start to the finish. I highly... Read More recommend going with the Goei Center for your special day!

2017-07-20T10:37:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much, Carly! You were an absolutely JOY to work with and get to know :) We truly appreciate your recommendation. Cheers!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Jenna C

The Goei Center is a magical, industrial oasis and is a perfect space for any event. Our guests could not stop raving about it. I knew the moment I walked in that it was our venue. The space decorates itself and is a hidden treasure on the West Side of Grand Rapids. Lindsay, the... Read More wedding coordinator, is absolutely amazing as is the entire staff at the Goei. I highly recommend the Goei Center to anyone looking for a fun, unique space to entertain guests.

2017-06-13T15:05:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Jenna! We appreciate your recommendation greatly. We may use your creative descriptive term "industrial oasis"...Love it :) Thank you again for your sweet words about our staff and our space!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Allison D

The Goei Center was an amazing place to have our wedding! Lindsay was great to work with. She always answered emails very timely and even let us know before a vacation (months before our wedding) she would be gone. Everything at the Goei went perfect. Working with Lindsay made... Read More wedding planning easy. I was a little nervous about not being able to set up until the day of (which meant I wouldn't be there), but with the help of friends and the amazing staff everything turned out exactly as I pictured it. The large space was great, as no one felt cramped and so many guests complimented us on the fact it was the coolest venue they had ever been too. If I was to do it again, I would have it at the Goei. I have nothing but good things to say. The night went very smoothly and if there was an issue or a question the staff handled it without letting me or my husband know (even though I don't think there was).

2017-06-13T14:57:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Allison! It was an honor to be a part of your special day :) We are happy to hear you would return if you had to do it all over again :)

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Kortney K

Absolutely beautiful ceremony and reception space! Everything went flawlessly thanks to Lindsay and the Goei staff. It was an amazing day and I know all the guests had a great time! Kortney K

2017-05-09T08:54:05 Response from the vendor

Awww, you are the sweetest, Kortney! We truly appreciate your kind words :) All the best to you and Michael!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Katy H

The Goei Center is SO beautiful. The staff is wonderful. Lindsay is so great at her job as the wedding coordinator. Everything went great. The new bar is awesome. I love that everything is on one level at this venue, makes it easier for older guests. So thankful we chose Goei... Read More Center as our venue!

2017-05-09T08:52:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Katy! You and Bill were absolutely a joy to work with and get to know throughout the entire process. Your special day with us was magical :) We are grateful you chose US! Cheers to you as husband and wife!!

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Callie J

Absolutely stunning venue. The guests loved the rooms and the character The Goei center has to offer. Everyone was so flexible and easy to work with. Extremely pleased with my experience with the Goei center!

2017-03-24T14:35:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are happy to hear you were extremely pleased :) We appreciate your kind words!

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Sarah P

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Goei Center. I have nothing but positive things to say. Lindsay would respond to my e-mails in less than 24 hours, which coming from a bride is a great thing to have. She made sure everything happened on time and was organized.... Read More All of my vendors were there on time.... Thanks to Lindsay. From my guest, both my husband and I, have heard nothing but positive reviews about how nicely everything flowed, how beautiful the venue was and so much more. I would highly recommend the Goei Center to anyone!

2017-02-07T15:37:31 Response from the vendor

Sarah, your kind words are greatly appreciated! You and Joe were a joy to work with :) Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the planning process and your special day! All the very best to you both in married life :)

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Brooke B

Where do I even begin? My husband Thom and I had our ceremony and reception at the Goei Center 1/7/17. From start of the wedding planning to the very end of our reception it was perfect! Lindsay and Jane made the entire process so simple with quick emails, suggestions, staying... Read More in touch with other vendors, to making sure everything was perfect the day of. The venue is absolutely stunning! The entire night we had countless guest compliment on how beautiful and elegant everything was. I could not have imagined a more perfect place for our big day! From the amazing staff to the gorgeous hard wood floors and brick walls, 10 out of 10 easily. Thank you so much for making our dream wedding exceed any expectations. Highly recommend the Goei Center! -Brooke Normandin

2017-02-07T15:34:41 Response from the vendor

You are the absolute sweetest, Brooke! You and Thom were such a pleasure to work with :) Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it all and for your recommendation. Many years of happiness to you as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Jessica H

The Goei Center was the first and only wedding venue we looked at before deciding that it was the perfect place for us to get married and host our wedding reception. Lindsay was absolutely amazing right from the beginning! She was prompt to answer all of our questions, no matter... Read More the time or day; she made sure we were completely prepared for our wedding day; and she was even there on the day of to make sure the ceremony ran smoothly as well as the reception. We had one mix up with our cake vendor and she even went out of her way to take care of that for us with no issues! She communicated with all of our vendors throughout the process, helping to make everything run so smoothly and without stress. We really appreciate all of your help Lindsay! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator to work with! I have to mention Blake as well, because he was equally as awesome! He took over for Lindsay on the night of our wedding, and made sure everything went smoothly from there. Thank you so much, Blake! As for the venue itself, it was beautiful! We received countless compliments from our guests on how amazing and unique the Goei Center was. The set-up of the venue from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception dinner, was all laid out so perfectly. It was a flawless spot for our New Year's Eve wedding! The Goei Center also hosted our bar. Jane worked with me on the menu and other bar related details, and she was great! All of the bartenders were amazing as well, and Cory especially, was exceptional! My guests loved him! Thank you so much to all of the staff at the Goei Center! You were all so amazing, and you helped create a wedding day that we will remember and cherish forever! We truly appreciate all of your hard work!

2017-02-07T15:44:31 Response from the vendor

Wow. Jessica, you are the absolute sweetest! I appreciate your kind words greatly :) You and Conner were so very sweet to work with and were so much fun! Thank you again for your extremely lovely and thoughtful review. All the very best to you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/12/2016

My wedding at the Goei Center was perfect! The entire staff was so helpful, friendly, and professional. They really went above and beyond. The event coordinator Lindsay was awesome! She was so helpful with every detail. I would recommend the Goei Center for any special event!

2016-11-20T15:09:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you kindly, Amber! You were a joy to work with :) I truly appreciate your recommendation and am happy to hear it was 'perfect' :)

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Aubrey V

The Goei Center itself is a beautiful wedding and reception venue. I loved having both there so guests do not have to travel after the ceremony. Lindsay was the most helpful person I could have asked for throughout this entire process. She gave me recommendations on vendors I... Read More had no clue about! She was quick to respond to emails and was always willing to help. She releived so much stress by all of this help and her expertise. She was at the ceremony which was so kind of her to make the process go smoothly.

2016-11-20T15:17:23 Response from the vendor

Awww, you are too sweet, Aubrey :) Thank you so very much for your kind words! I am very pleased to hear I could help relieve some stress for you and make your special day a memorable one. Cheers!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Lindsey B

The Goei Center was fantastic! The venue is so modernly beautiful that few decorations were required. The chairs that come automatically with the venue are stunning, don't require any covers, and normally very expensive on their own. Everyone who helped us, from Lindsay, to... Read More Michaela, to John? (the security guard), were an absolute pleasure to work with. This venue is spacious, and interesting, and can be set up a multitude of different ways. I saw it set up four different ways, just from my visits alone! I would highly recommend The Goei Center!

2016-11-20T15:14:08 Response from the vendor

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated, Lindsey! We are so happy to hear you were thrilled on your special day with us :) Cheers to you !

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Russell B

The Goei Center is a BEAUTIFUL venue for any occasion, especially a wedding or reception. All of our guests were in complete awe! We received many compliments on the beauty of the venue. The warm, industrial-style interior of the building was perfect for our reception. Lindsay,... Read More Blake, and the entire staff at Goei Center exceeded our expectations and were instrumental in making our day truly special. I would recommend this venue for anyone looking for a gorgeous space to rent. Thank you to everyone at the Goei Center!

2016-11-20T15:11:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! We truly appreciate your kind words and are thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations :) Cheers to you as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Libby H

For our wedding, we used the Goei Center for both the ceremony and reception. Lindsay was wonderful! She was always very prompt with communication and helpful in every aspect of the wedding planning process, including the wedding day. She helped us coordinate and work with our... Read More various vendors to make our day a reality. Everything went smoothly, and Lindsay was there to personally make sure everything went as we had planned. Thank you, Lindsay!

2016-09-28T06:54:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Libby! It was my pleasure in helping to make everything run smoothly. You were such a joy to work with :) Many years of happiness to you and Nathan!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Taylor V

We loved working with Lindsay and the rest of the staff at The Goei Center! They were all so helpful and accommodating. We got many compliments on how beautiful our wedding and wedding venue was :) Many thanks to Lindsay and The Goei Center staff- we could not have done it... Read More without you!

2016-09-28T06:48:08 Response from the vendor

We loved working with YOU, Taylor! Thank you kindly for being so sweet :) Cheers to you in your new life together as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Hannah S

LOVED the Goei & Lindsay. She made everything about the day go smoothly and was very responsive to our needs. Very professional, kind, and honest. Our day was perfect - and I have no doubt that it was Lindsay that helped in that.

2016-09-28T06:46:41 Response from the vendor

Awww, thank you so very much for your kind words, Hannah! We are thrilled to hear your day was perfect :) Many years of happiness to you and Brian as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Megan W

I couldn't have been happier with choosing this venue. It was absolutely beautiful without having to add a ton of decorations, the large space was perfect for our 300 guest wedding. The staff was super helpful and I didn't have to worry about a thing.

2016-08-21T17:47:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! We are thrilled to hear you could not have been happier on your special day :) That is our number one goal. Many years of happiness to you both as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Aimee M

I had the best experience ever! Everything was just as I imagined!! Lindsay took care of all of my fears and made my dreams come true! I couldn't have picked a better location!!!

2016-07-01T10:18:41 Response from the vendor

Aimee, you are so sweet! Thank you for your kind words :) We are so happy everything was just as you imagined and your dreams came true on your special day! All the best to you and Paul as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Megan Y

We recently had our reception at the Goei Center. We could not have been more pleased with how everything turned out! Lindsay the coordinator is honestly amazing at what she does. She was so great to work with and responded to any question I had promptly and with a smile! Thank... Read More you Lindsay and the entire Goei staff for making our special day oh so perfect!!

2016-06-24T17:40:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy to hear you could not have been more pleased :) Many years of happiness to you as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015

We had our Ceremony and Reception at the Goei Center in November. We could not be any more pleased with how our day turned out! Lindsay the coordinator was simply amazing. She responded promptly and was extremely pleasant to work with. I highly recommend the Goei Center and... Read More their staff! Thank you again, Lindsay for making our day oh so memorable!

2015-12-15T15:29:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kinds words, they are greatly appreciated! I am happy to hear your special day was a memorable one :) Many years of happiness to you!

Simply Fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Mekyla S

My husband and I chose the Goei Center for our Ceremony AND Reception- we fell in love the moment we walked in the doors. We had a large wedding (293 guests) and this venue is so spacious! The Goei Center is SO unique and romantic and beautiful. We really wanted to get married... Read More somewhere that not only fit our vision but had character and charm and the Goei Center has all of that and more! The place has history with its vintage original hardwood floors and light brick walls but is modern all at the same time. The Goei Center's prices are slightly higher than other places we looked at, but was so worth it! They also had many services that were included in the price that aided in our decision to go with them such as day of wedding coordinator! Our wedding coordinator was Lindsay and we simply cannot say enough about her. She made us feel comfortable and confident throughout our time planning for the wedding. She was always quick to respond to our questions, gave helpful advice, and even offered up helpful pep talks when I was feeling the wedding stress. Lindsay was considerate, professional, and at the same time felt like a trusted friend. She helped us stay organized and we loved working with her. All of our chairs and tables were included in our venue fee which was very helpful. They also handled all of our set up before the wedding for the ceremony and reception, and then took it all down and cleaned up afterward! I can not say how helpful and stress reducing this was for us! It was nice to not have to rely on family or others to help us set up and at the end of the night, we packed up our gifts and belongings and the Goei Center handled all the clean up and take down! It was so appreciated. You have to choose your vendor from their preferred vendor list but this was not a big deal to us. Eastern Floral (partial owners of the building) handled all of our floral needs and we were more than happy with what they created! People had said to me before that Eastern Floral was expensive however they worked with me with my budget and gave me so many options to make my dreams into reality. They constructed this beautiful wedding arch for our ceremony that had all of our guests talking, and I loved my bouquet and our centerpieces. My bouquet was stunning! Overall, our guests had a great experience had a FABULOUS time at our wedding. They loved the venue and how different it was from a typical conference room or hotel. Our guests' experience was important to us and our venue really set the scene for the perfect night. The Goei Center is truly a hidden gem, and we could not have been happier. I had the best day of my life there and we still have guests talking and raving about our wedding!

2015-11-11T14:51:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words, Mekyla :) It was an absolute honor meeting you and getting to work with you. I wish you and Tayo the very best in your future together!

So Impressed & Happy =)

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Mekyla S

We chose the Goei Center for our Ceremony AND Reception because it was such a unique and stunning venue. There is a definite romantic charm about the place that made me fall in love with it the moment I walked in the doors. The history of the building and the original floors and... Read More brick walls really gave a lot of character to the venue but it is modern all at the same time. Lindsay was our wedding coordinator (automatically a part of having your wedding at the Goei Center) and she was amazingly helpful and a real joy to work with. She not only helped me with any questions I had along the way, but always responded quickly to emails and texts, and even gave me helpful wedding advice and pep talks when I was feeling the stress. She really made us feel confident and comfortable throughout our whole experience with the Goei Center. Our ceremony area was beautiful, and Eastern Floral impressed us all with the beautiful wedding arch they constructed for us. You have to work with Eastern Floral but Christa and Brenda really worked with our budget and always gave us great options! Our guests loved that they did not have to leave after the ceremony, and because the venue space is so large, they just moved from the ceremony space to the cocktail/lounge area to the reception area-all areas were different and provided lots of rooms for guests. You have to choose your vendors for catering and alcohol from their preferred vendor list, but this was not an issue for us. Our wedding was beautiful and the Goei Center staff, along with Eastern Floral handled all the set up and take down (this service is also included in your venue fee). I can not say enough how nice it was for myself and family to not have to set up or clean up after. I almost cried when I saw the ceremony set up and reception set up-it was stunning and just what I had worked on with them as far as making my husband and I's vision come to life. It was perfect-there are no words to express how satisfied we both were with our venue. Our guests were flooding our cell phones and email with compliments after the wedding, which always makes the bride and groom feel great! I did not find that the Goei Center's pricing was ridiculous or more pricey than other venues because the experience and natural beauty of the venue was romantic and unique, and all the extra services they include in the price make the overall price more than worth it! Thank you so much to the Geoi Center, Lindsay, Eastern Floral, and all our vendors for making our wedding night truly fabulous!

2015-11-11T14:54:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! I wish you many years of happiness in your future as husband and wife :)

Meet The Coordinator

Lindsay Lieffers

I would be honored to work with you for your special day here at the Goei! I truly love my job and am passionate about helping you create lifelong memories.