Wedding and Event Music Specialists

The Golden Scroll Soloists provide music for wedding ceremonies and cocktail hours. We are a husband/wife run small business that focuses on doing one thing... and doing that one thing exceptionally well, every time. Quartets, Trios, Duos, Soloists

Serving CT, RI, MA, NY, CT (860) 333-5461

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Diana M

Golden Scroll Soloists is a fantastic vendor and I highly recommend them! Marianne, the music coordinator, was super helpful and responsive - from selecting the specific songs for the quartet to play to assisting with hiring a cantor for the ceremony. The string quartet was... Read More absolutely amazing at our wedding mass. My husband and I both have backgrounds in music and wanted to ensure we had professional quality musicians at our ceremony, and the four instrumentalists completely exceeded our expectations. Our cantor, Matt Burke, who Marianne recommended, was also outstanding. The combination of the string quartet and tenor voice was just perfect and sounded so beautiful. I had several guests approach me at the reception to say that the church music was the best they had ever heard. Thank you to Golden Scroll for making our ceremony so special!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Luke M

Being a cellist and coming from a musical family I knew I wanted strings at my wedding. We found the Golden Scroll Soloists online and immediately gave Marianne a call to find out more. She called me back very quickly and we had a lovely conversation about the vision for our... Read More wedding ceremony. She was knowledgeable and friendly and sent me samples of the pieces that the string quartet could perform. We wanted music for just the ceremony (as people were seated, prelude, hymn and recessional) and were were very impressed by the amount of both classical and contemporary pieces in their repertoire. When we booked the Golden Scroll Soloists, it was so much fun putting together our music using their online site (and it made planning from a distance very easy). We found selections that reflected our eclectic love of classical, rock and movie soundtracks. On the wedding day the quartet showed up promptly (even during the snowstorm we had) and set up. Although I didn't hear all of the music (I was in the bridal suite getting ready), my family and friends had rave reviews of the music. During the ceremony, they remembered all the important parts to play and really set the tone for such a special moment. If you want strings at your ceremony or cocktail hour, do not hesitate and contact the Golden Scroll Soloists. They did an amazing job. Thank you!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Marissa W

We were extremely pleased with our ceremony and cocktail hour music with Golden Scroll Soloists. We worked very closely with Marianne who was great. They played the music exactly as we had asked and we received so many compliments on the quartet. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Peggi P

Couldn't have been more happier, with choosing 'Golden Scroll Soloists'. As a little girl I always dreamed of having a string quartet, for my Wedding Day. It's a must for those wanting to add Class & Romance on your Wedding Day. I went through their song lists and... Read More comprised my perfect set, for my guests to enjoy. I also requested my favorite piece, they didn't have & they decided it was a great addition to their song list * (Somewhere in time) I had them play for the cocktail hour as well & added 15 extra minutes, for our guests to further enjoy. I highly recommend you take the time to pick your songs, to reflect your personal style. Definitely one my favorite Vendors, very professional & easy to work with. Thank you for everything, our Wedding was Flawless 💗

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Eric R

The Golden Scroll Soloists were awesome!! Transactions with them were super easy. I loved being able to listen to samples of all of their music online. Set up on the day of the wedding was seamless, and they played both beautifully and flawlessly. Would definitely recommend them... Read More to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Tessa K

Marianne and her string quartet team were incredible and made our ceremony so special. My husband and I had very specific songs in mind and Marianne was both accommodating and patient throughout. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful - better than we could have imagined - and... Read More the music played was a major part of it ! The musicians had my dad and I in tears before even walking out, and were total pros with timing when it came to accommodating our flower girl, who took her sweet time walking down the aisle! Thank you Golden Scroll Soloists for making our ceremony so beautiful and special. We are forever grateful!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jamie H

The Golden Scroll Soloists were great. We had a wonderful string quartet play during our ceremony and cocktail hour of our early October wedding. We ended up with a chilly, rainy day for our outdoor ceremony and despite the conditions, they were able to play beautifully from... Read More under our tent. Many of our guests commented on how lovely the music was, and their cocktail hour selections were just what we were hoping for, a mix of modern and classic. Marianne was also helpful in making our music selections before the wedding, and made sure that all our questions were answered. I'd highly recommend this group to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Lindsey M

We got married in July 2016 and we hired the Golden Scroll Soloists (GSS) to play during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! Prior to the wedding, I had a few specific requests regarding how we wanted our ceremony music played and the Golden Scroll Soloists were able to... Read More accommodate exactly what we wanted! I cannot express how happy I am that we chose to use the Golden Scroll Soloists. Communicating with Kevin and Marianne was great as well! They were very thorough and they made the entire process, from start to finish, so stress-free! The musicians are so talented and the songs they're able to play are awesome! We picked a lot of popular pop songs to be played during cocktail hour and all of them were such a huge hit with our guests! A couple of days after our wedding, one of our close friends told us that they had booked GSS for their 2017 wedding because they loved how awesome they sounded at our wedding! I highly recommend using the Golden Scroll Soloists for at least your ceremony and cocktail hour music! Trust me, I've been to a lot of weddings, and personally I think that having live music played during your ceremony shows guests that you really care about the beauty of your wedding. I HIGHLY recommend booking the Golden Scroll Soloists as soon as possible. They're truly awesome and I'm sure they're already booking up for 2017!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 robin w

I am very pleased with my decision to book the golden scroll soloist for my wedding. My wedding was on 8.21.2016 at the Riverview and I would say without a doubt that having these musicians there put an amazing touch on the ceremony and cocktail hour. Not only are they extremely... Read More professional but very flexible. A couple of instances with them have led me to praise them greatly, for example , one of the persons that previously was there was amidst transitioning leadership and was unable to contact me and this made me very worried! When I finally got into contact with him not only was he extremely empathetic and apologized , her offered me a total complete refund ! Nevertheless I denied the refund because I still wanted to work with them but I was so happy with that customer service. Secondly Marianne was so trustworthy, she had a meeting with me to go over all of my questions and concerns and assure me that everything would go smoothly that day! Lastly they accommodated all of my special song requests and played them AMAZINGLY , with 2 weeks to the wedding I wanted an African hymnal played during the signing of the marriage certificate and they were able to learn in and play it excellently. I am extremely blown away with them and I wish i could get married all over again to have them there!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Laura T

We used the Golden Scrolls for our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour and were so pleased with the results, the music was absolutely beautiful. Kevin was so easy to work with and made the process seamless. He responded to questions/changes that I had and made me feel... Read More comfortable that they would make our day special. The day of the wedding it was raining slightly and they made it work and played under a tent as to not get wet and made sure to play the songs we requested. Thank you for making our day so memorable!

So elegant

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Ashley K

The string quartet we had for the ceremony and cocktail hour really added such a level of elegance to the entire affair. They played a beautiful mix of both classical and contemporary hits.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Brian P

We had a string quartet for our wedding. They were easy to work with, showed up on time, and sounded great. They did everything they promised, and our wedding day was all the more special because of their music.

Great experience

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

The Golden scrolls did a great job at my son's wedding. The string quartet sounded great, and the guests loved them. Highly recommend them.

Gorgeous music

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Our string quartet was a beautiful touch to our ceremony. Kevin and the Golden Scroll Soloists made arrangements of several new songs for us, and the whole process was enjoyable. They have a lot of recorded samples, and it makes choosing music really fun. Definitely recommend... Read More them!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

The planning with Kevin was so easy. He was knowledgeable and reassuring to us, even though we have never hired musicians before! Most importantly, the music on our wedding day was completely perfect. The musicians were so talented, their timing was perfect, and everybody raved... Read More about them. Our guests loved the variety of music, and I just could not have imagined a more perfect walk down the aisle. Thanks Kevin!

Professional and sound great

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jessica D

The golden scroll soloists were very easy to work with. They have an easy and streamlined song list, and responded quickly to my questions. What I heard on my wedding day sounded fabulous also.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Lisa W

I am so glad I chose Golden Scroll Soloists for my wedding ceremony. My guests were raving about the beautiful sounds and the variation of music genres they played before our ceremony and during our cocktail hour. The music that played during my ceremony was perfect - exactly... Read More what I imagined when I pictured my perfect wedding day. It was a feeling that nothing but live instruments could provide to those moments. My wedding was a month ago, and people are STILL commenting on how lovely the Golden Scroll Soloists were. They definitely made my wedding even more special.

Absolutely Phenomenal!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Alexandra H

The Golden Scroll Soloists were absolutely phenomenal!!! From beginning to end Golden Scroll Soloists were a pleasure to work with. They made the entire process a breeze! The music for my wedding and cocktail hour was absolutely perfect and I can't thank them enough. All the... Read More guests at my wedding raved about their performance! They are true professionals!!!!

Beautiful music, beautifully played

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

The Golden Scroll Soloists provided the music for our daughter's wedding, from prelude through cocktail hour. The ensemble showed up on time and played beautifully. Their music added so much to the outdoor ceremony. I particularly loved their version of "Hallelujah". Their... Read More repertoire runs the entire gamut of musical tastes. We had a last minute change in the entrance procession which they handled without any problem. They are very professional and extremely talented musicians. So very happy with our decision to have them there to add to the ambiance of such a lovely day!

I only wish I could have heard more!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 B C

I hired Golden Scroll Soloists to play the prelude, ceremony, and cocktail hour for my October 11, 2015 wedding. From my initial communication with them, Kevin Bishop (the ensemble's coordinator and viola player) was incredibly responsive to all my questions throughout the... Read More process. GSS's prices are incredibly competitive with other string ensembles in the area. GSS has a wide selection of music that you can choose from. My only regret from the entire wedding day is that, as the bride, I barely got to hear them play due to photo-taking, hiding away before the ceremony, and all the other things brides have to do. I did get to hear the songs during the ceremony, of course, and I caught a few of the songs played during cocktail hour. They sounded even better live than they do on their YouTube sample recordings. My mother could not stop gushing about how wonderful they were (and she said when they played Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen, everyone got goosebumps). I am very, very pleased with GSS and highly recommend them to any bride.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Tatiana F

I did a lot of research on a string quartet for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and Golden Scroll Soloists by far outshone all others. First, they are very affordable. Second, they do an incredibly beautiful job and have such a wide selection of musical pieces that you are... Read More bound to find what you want. After hearing them perform prior to the wedding, we actually also had them play at my bridal shower, the ceremony, and cocktail hour. The biggest plus to me was how flexible Kevin was about the music. I wanted the bridal party entrance and bride's entrance to be seamless, but also wanted the bride's entrance to be at a specific point in the music, so Kevin worked with me to extend the piece and make that happen. The only negative thing I have to say is that Kevin does not always answer your specific questions in emails, but rather responds with generic comments about the process or how things work. You're better off just calling him to get direct answers.

Reviewed on 6/08/2015

I could not be more pleased with our choice for ceremony musicians! Kevin, Holly, and Gabrielle (voice) were absolutely TERRIFIC! Kevin was very responsive and great on communicating, he happily adjusted to our song requests, and their talent boosted up our ceremony and brought... Read More tears to many people's eyes! Thank you so much for making our ceremony memorable :)

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 4/22/2015 Jill L

This group was extremely easy to work with and did all the coordination for music with our other musicians at the church for our ceremony!! So many guests said what great music we had. Highly recommended! Thank you!!

Golden Scoll String Quartet

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Nancy L

The string quartet were GREAT! Received multiple comments from the guests on how wonderful the musicians played the songs/music we chose. My daughter, being a professional ballerina, requested a specific song to be played at her wedding ceremony. The quartet prepared &... Read More practiced beforehand and delivered it the day of the wedding "beautifully". DEFINITELY a 5 star rating. They dressed professionally and arrived promptly. Yes, I would HIGHLY recommend them for any event. TOP NOTCH!!

Golden Scroll Soloists - Wedding Ceremony Music

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Sara K

The Golden Scroll Soloists were very pleasant to work with, from planning the ceremony music right to the big day. Kevin was quite responsive and helped us create a great music program. Thank you for the beautiful ceremony music!!