Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

2144 South L Street, Tacoma, WA (253) 202-6870

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Gina T

Don't waste your money! Rarely played what was requested. He mumbles and you can't tell what he's saying. Extremely disappointed. When I expressed my dissatisfaction, he did nothing but make excuses.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Erica J

Working with George Hollis and his partner, Vera, with Gotta Dance Productions was the best! My husband is Chilean and one thing I was kind of worried about was the music since I wanted to make sure that we had a good mix of current hits, 90’s throwbacks, and reggaeton/cumbia... Read More for the Chilean guests. Later on after booking with him, we set up a meeting and I handed him 6 hours worth of music normally played at Chilean weddings. I imagine listening to all that and figuring out a good flow could have been a little daunting, but he didn’t bat an eye! He obviously did listen to everything though because the way he was able to mix all of the styles of music together and read the crowd for what kind of song to play next was AMAZING considering he wasn’t intimately familiar with a lot of the music he was playing! It’s that kind of skill that separates the professionals from the amateurs in my opinion—anyone can play the top 40 hits and then put on some older hits for fun, but to be able to really get the vibe of a song without being familiar with its social context is hard, and he got it perfectly! I know everyone thinks their wedding was the best/most fun/etc., but for a wedding of only 75 people, at least 55-60 people were dancing at all times (and the ones that weren’t almost always would get dragged in at some point)-- we danced so much and so long the venue actually had to kick us out at 12:30 that’s how much fun we were having! George was also very professional with his role as MC: he spoke clearly when he made the necessary introductions, he was funny, polite, etc.—what else could one ask for? If you are looking for an amazingly fun time at your wedding, I highly recommend George and his partner Vera!

Thanks DJ George!

Reviewed on 1/12/2013 Emily W

My husband and I used Gotta Dance Productions (DJ George) for our wedding, and couldn't have been happier with our choice! My sister-in-law and her husband actually had DJ George for their wedding back in 2008, who then recommended him to us. And we were so happy to have him! He... Read More met with us about 6 months prior to the wedding when we booked with him to fill out a sheet with all our song requests, and even had questions for us regarding our likes and dislikes for music. So he definitely catered to what we like. Not only was he just a "DJ" but George also acted as somewhat of an MC for our wedding, helping everything run smoothly at the reception. When it came time for general dancing, he got everybody on their feet by playing plenty of current, fun songs (even Gangnam Style!) just to get people pumped up and dancing! It was so much fun, we saw people dancing that were in their 60s and 70s even dancing to current music! Plus he would throw in songs that he knew my husband and I like (he loves classic rock - ACDC, I love country music - Keith Urban). We had several people tell us that night at our reception how much they enjoyed our dj. Thank you dj George for making our wedding such a party and a blast for everyone! *our pricing is a little higher because we had such a huge wedding and opted to have more lights and speakers for our large venue. But I believe packages start at about $500.

DJ Hollis is wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Kandy K

DJ Hollis is great! He knows how to interact with the crowd and knows how to get the crowd to interact with him! DJ Hollis was entertaining and made the reception very fun!

Great personality and very professional.

Reviewed on 8/03/2012 Sara S

I really enjoyed working with George and Vera. They kept my guests entertained and were so easy to work with. They expertly led the reception along so no one was bored and things went along according to schedule. Definitely would recommend this team to anyone.

Review for Gotta Dance Productions

Reviewed on 9/03/2008 Heather R

George was so personable and easy to work with. He really took the time to get to know us. The fact that he knew us made our ceremony amazing.