Book Your Wedding with Grand Pacific Palisades Resort & Hotel

A BACKYARD IN CARLSBAD, CA

Set amidst the city of Carlsbad, California, and the stunning backdrop of the Pacific Ocean, the Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel stands on 12 acres of lush, landscaped grounds and overlooks the Carlsbad flower fields. There are a wide range of wedding event settings to choose from at this location, so this may be an ideal venue for brides and grooms exploring a lot of different options in the region.

Featuring over 10,000 square feet of event space, there are indoor and outdoor options available. In addition to a few versatile conference rooms, a beautiful ballroom and several outdoor amenities, the resort also offers top-notch catering and cuisine from the award-winning Karl Strauss Brewery Restaurant.

One of the ceremony sites has a garden feel to it, as well as an exceptional view of the coastline. The ballroom has a number of large floor-to-ceiling windows that provide a lot of natural light, as well as pleasing views of the surrounding area. In addition, the ballroom opens up to an outside patio, which is an ideal spot for guests to take a cocktail or escape the swing of a reception for a little fresh air.

Also offered are professional audiovisual services, which allow for some unique effects in the ballroom, as well as providing great sound for dancing.

The Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel helps couples to organize their event, but it should be noted they are planners working strictly within the facility. The resort does offer a thorough list of local vendors and services should the couple require recommendations for external planning and assistance.

Catering is supplied at the resort, and couples should contact the hotel in order to inquire about menu specifics and pricing.

The 10,000 square feet of available event space is not exclusive to the rental. It is the total amount of space from which the bride and groom have to choose.

Offerings are also available for couples to stage their rehearsal dinner at the resort, as well as the reception and ceremony. There are even options for a morning-after brunch.

In addition to professional catering, luxurious on-site accommodations and event planning, the Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel also offers:

• Professional audiovisual services
  • Destination management services to help visitors from out of town to plan fun tours, outings and excursions
  • Versatile rooms
  • Several outdoor venues from which to choose
  • A magnificent ocean view lookout

Say I DO To Ocean Views At Grand Pacific Palisades

For an unforgettably romantic Carlsbad wedding with stunning Pacific Ocean views, the Grand Pacific Palisades Resort & Hotel in Carlsbad California is a truly majestic setting. So relax and enjoy time with your guests as we design a celebration to remember. Our planners have years of experience in helping brides and grooms personalize their Carlsbad wedding reception so that every detail reflects their unique vision. Choose from a wide range of settings, from the magnificently appointed Grand Ballroom to the captivating Grand Terrace Rose Garden. We are here to help you make your wedding day an event that will be cherished for years to come.

Backyard, Ballroom, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

5805 Armada Drive, Carlsbad, CA (760) 827-3230

hotel

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Kyri N

We loved this hotel. Great location!

Great hotel venue that's affordable!

Reviewed on 9/22/2011 Elyse A

I got married at the Grand Pacific Palisades on 9/10/11. When I booked the venue, I was slightly worried because I couldn't find very many reviews on the venue and it seemed like very few weddings had taken place there. I wish I hadn't wasted my time worrying because everything... Read More was perfect!! The ceremony site has a quaint, garden feel with a view of the coastline. The ballroom is a great space--nothing too fancy or elaborate but has windows and opens up to an outside patio. And the staff & caterer (karl strauss--another plus) were fantastic. Additionally, this place was also much more affordable than most places we looked at. I definitely recommend it!

Outstanding wedding venue

Reviewed on 8/14/2011 Amy S

Great place for a family friendly wedding. This resort accommodates all the needs of a perfect wedding. The staff is welcoming and so helpful in meeting the details of a successful wedding. Beautiful venue with a great ocean view. Makes for a great weekend with a wonderful... Read More wedding memories!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Andrea W

We absolutely loved our experience at the Grand Pacific Palisades for our ceremony. While our day had an unexpected guest (rain), Abbey and the team at GPP were completely prepared and had a backup location for us identified and reserved. We felt so taken care of! I highly... Read More recommend having your wedding there.

Day of, great. Leading up to, stressful

Reviewed on 4/27/2012 Katy C

Grand Pacific Palisades is a nice hotel and has beautiful views. All catering is done by Karl Strauss. These were the positive things that made us choose this venue. The months leading up to the wedding were very stressful however. The people who work both for GPP and Karl... Read More Strauss proved to be hard to get a hold of, disorganized, and often unhelpful. Their information often conflicted with one another, and information had to be sent to them multiple times because they kept losing things. I had to fax in my credit card authorization multiple times...a little scary to think that papers with my credit card information was floating around the office somewhere unfound. The months leading up to the wedding were very stressful because of the people we were dealing. If we hadn't hired a wedding coordinator with a few weeks to go, I'm not sure everything would have come together, but she was able to force things. That being said, the day of our wedding went very well. The GPP onsite coordinator was on vacation, so we had an alternative person who doesn't usually work there, which was a little stressful but worked out ok. The catering manager/hall manager was great as was the wait staff and other people. In a nutshell, their was A LOT of stress leading up to the event, but it worked out the day of. The venue is beautiful, the food is good, and our guests enjoyed themselves.

Meet The Coordinator

Michael Guerrero

Hello and welcome! My name is Michael and I've been in the hospitality industry for 3 years. Grand Pacific Palisades has given me an unique opportunity to show my love in hospitality as well as an event coordinator. I'm a Carlsbad local who enjoys the outdoors and everything this beautiful city has to offer. I'm excited and honored to be a part of such a milestone in your life and cant wait to get to know you as a couple.