Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel

St. Pete Beach, FL

Imagine ... your dream beach wedding

Imagine ... yourself escorted down a palm tree lined aisle on the sugar white sand of St. Pete Beach. Imagine ... yourself with the backdrop of a magnificent sunset. Imagine ... yourself at the Grand Plaza. Our ballrooms offer spectacular views of the Beach & Gulf of Mexico.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Garden, Hotel, Restaurant, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

5250 Gulf Blvd, St. Pete Beach, FL (727) 360-1811

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Heather G

AMAZING! If you want a fairytale beach wedding this is your place! I felt like royalty here! And Kate (my coordinator at the Grand Plaza) was AMAZING!!!! I got married in the Presidential Ballroom & The room with view of the Beach is BREATHTAKING!!!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Alejandra R

Wow!! Simply the best people to ever work with.! We had our destination wedding at the grand plaza in st. Petersburg and it was simply amazing.! Tori is a great person to work with she was very patient with us and was able to answer EVERY question we threw her way! Her and her... Read More team did an amazing job with everything. Other than booking a DJ, florist, and photographer, the grand plaza took care of everything even the center pieces!! And that view from the presidential ball room is just breath taking!

Reviewed on 3/04/2016 Anna S

We got married on the beach at The Grand Plaza. Tatyana Adams was our wedding coordinator. I could not have asked for a more perfect day. If your getting married, I highly suggest having it here, They are so professional. From the beginning process to the end...not one... Read More complaint. Tatyana organized everything exactly how I wanted. She returned my e-mails immediately, and was always very polite. The Grand Plaza is the perfect sized hotel...not too big or too small. Parking is close and your right on the beach. The staff is so friendly and polite, everyone says Good Morning or Hello. They open doors or hold elevators for you. The rooms were newly renovated and the oceanfront views are incredible. Three great restaurants....Bongos Beach Bar ...sitting with your toes in the sand ...sipping Margarita's ...eating fish tacos and listening to acoustic tunes the musician plays steps away from the beach. Spinners is the revolving dining room....great food and probably the best view in St Pete. Level 11 is trendy, outdoor, rooftop dining with amazing appetizers, drinks and views. There is also a breakfast buffet in the Palm room overlooking the Beach. Our wedding was on the beach with palm trees lining the aisle. Best venue for a wedding on the beach. The reception was in the Presidential Ballroom. You have to see this rooms view. Ceiling to floor windows overlooking the whole beach. This view is beyond words. Tatyana and the whole staff did an incredible job with the table settings and layout. The food was incredible, the servers and bartenders were professional and catered to everyone. The Grand Plaza knows how to do a wedding without missing a beat. The whole staff knows exactly what to do and when. If your looking for the best location and views in St. Pete Beach, great food with 4 different restaurants on site, 3 different reception rooms, all with incredible views, affordable pricing with so many menu options, and above all a worry free wedding...this is your place. Thanks Tatyana and Staff We had a Great Wedding Anna & Jim

Reviewed on 3/22/2018 Lindsey L

We chose this place because my sister in law was married here and she enjoyed her experience. Our first coordinator was absolutely amazing, but then she ended up leaving the Grand Plaza unfortunately. But luckily we had set in stone almost all the details of the wedding with... Read More her. Our next coordinator didn't know much of anything about us, she kept calling me Courtney and thats not even my name. I was never able to get ahold of her, she didn't take care of any payments that we needed to pay or add in any details that I asked her to take care of. I live on the other side of the country so trying to plan a wedding from there is already hard, even harder when you don't have much help from the other side. Then apparently she didn't work there anymore either, so we had a decent chunk of time where we had no coordinator or anyone to get ahold of for the wedding planning. No one knew who our coordinator was going to be. Then the hurricanes went and destroyed most of Florida and I knew that a hurricane had been in the Tampa area so I wanted to make sure that the venue was still standing and that our wedding was still on because we were getting close to our date. Two weeks after the hurricane we still hadn't heard from anyone, eventually my husband called the front desk and they were able to tell us the venue is fine and that we had ANOTHER coordinator. So over the course of a year we had 3 of them. Some of the people at the Grand Plaza were absolutely amazing and couldnt have been more helpful, others it was like you were bothering them for help even though you're giving them your business. There was a lady at the front desk that on multiple occasions was so rude and I could hardly believe that she would treat a bride and groom so rudely , especially since we were bringing in 20-30k of business, not counting the advertisement from all of our vendors. The concierge was AMAZING. They made sure that our dresses and tuxes made it to the right places after they were pressed and they were so accommodating. The glamour room for getting ready was also amazing and so cute and fun for us girls. We had the wedding on the beach, it was beautiful and we had beautiful weather. Presidential ballroom was also beautiful with a beautiful view. We were able to set up the room the night before so that made me anxiety free knowing that would be complete the night before and we wouldn't have to worry about it in the morning. The waitstaff in the presidential ballroom was great. They brought out everything timely and were so nice to us, the food tasted great as well. I think her name was Barbara, she was even remembering everyones drinks and just a kind person. Overall the day and night was beautiful and we had a million compliments on everything that day. But the events leading up to the wedding day, even the night of the rehearsal I got a little upset but everything ended up working out. Overall we had a beautiful wedding and enjoyed the day.

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Nicholas O

You can't beat the views from the presidential ballroom. Krystyn was great to work with. We had a few last minute changes that they were more than willing to accommodate. Requested a special meal not on the menu for the rehearsal and they were happy to accommodate. Would... Read More definitely book again.

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Shannon M

We were married here and had one hell of an interesting experience. The actual wedding day was perfect, great food and the coordinator we had on the day of was amazing! We also loved Bongos and the live music every day! 1. We were given 3 different coordinators but weren’t... Read More told when the coordinators changed, my flower lady ended up telling me that coordinator number 2 was no longer with the company. 2. We were told that a resort fee would not apply to our group because we booked the wedding prior to the resort fee being implemented. My fiancé stood at the front desk every day and fought with the person on duty as every person checked in because they all “forgot” what they told us. 3. We were charged an extra $1000 at our rehearsal dinner because apparently guests asked them to refill our buffet.... they never confirmed with the people paying for the dinner that we wanted them to refill and that it would cost anything... we didn’t even know about it until 3 hours before the wedding when they told my fiancé about the charge. 4. We were brought room service the morning of the wedding at 7:30am and then got a call saying it was brought to the wrong room. 5. I had guests who had to change rooms because either the staff was too loud at night or because SOMEONE ELSE also had been booked in the same room and they walked in on them. 6. The staff was extremely rude to my guests upon check in. In summary, getting married on the beach and enjoying Bongos there are great, don’t ever book a room there.

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Lynzie S

Don’t give this venue your credit card information!!!! They will make up invoices months after your wedding and try to charge you! My wedding was beautiful and the best day of my life, but 2 months later I was charged for things the incompetent wedding coordinator “forgot” to... Read More charge us for. When I challenged this I was told she no longer works there. Shocker! I have never spoken to such rude management before. If I could give this place zero stars I would.

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Nikol T

My husband and I are extremely pleased with our experience at Grand Plaza. Amazing Service and Staff Our ceremony was highly organized and well orchestrated from start to finish. Dani and the staff at Grand Plaza really know what they are doing, no hiccups at all and every need... Read More was anticipated and attended to promptly. The ceremony was beautiful, the palm trees already on property really added character and ambiance to the beach ceremony. The concierge was also amazing. One of my bridesmaids had a oil stain on her dress and he took time out to call every dry cleaner in the area to see who could get it taken care of same day. It get's better!!!! we were upgraded to the Penthouse at no additional charge which came as a VERY nice surprise! I would highly recommend The Grand Plaza on St. Pete Beach!

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Christina B

I had my wedding about a month ago here, and let me start off by saying: ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! I started my search for a venue at the Grand Plaza, but of course looked at a couple more venues before heading right back to the Grand Plaza- which I fell in love in at first sight!!... Read More Tatyana was my coordinator and she could not have been better. From the moment I sat down for the consult until the time my husband and I were getting ready to walk into the hall as the new Mr. and Mrs.- Tatyana was right by our side. Some people say that they are expensive, but honestly, I disagree...they have different packages for your budget. With the package I chose, everything was included from the ceremony site, alcohol, cocktail hour (with hors d'oeuvres), and the wedding cake as well! The Grand Plaza was so accommodating to my guests and went above and beyond what I could ever expect!! Could not have asked for a better wedding coordinator, better venue, and a better night! Wish I could relive it- it was amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Charlotte D

I recently cancelled my wedding here 6 months before my date due to our unpleasant coordinator. Our original coordinator left after we left the deposit and visited the property. This new coordinator Kristin was rude, condescending and talked to us like we were children through... Read More email and in person on numerous occasions. When I complained to management of the property, I was told sometimes "personalities don't mesh well." Don't believe me? Notice how the reviews have declined over the past 6 months of the property overall. You will be one of the 600 weddings they have a year and she made it known she did not care about mine!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Melissa J

Fantastic. Beautiful location- delicious food, and Tatyana was just amazing as our coordinator! Just perfect!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Tarra B

I wish I could give negative stars on this place. I had my wedding there in the imperial, starting with a great coordinator, and I was so excited. Than 2 months before my wedding it went down hill fast because she left ( I understand why) and her replacement has extremely low... Read More guest service and actually pretty rude. Day before wedding issues - there were a ton of bugs in the ballroom and all over my linens and chargers, I was not able to set up fully since I had a candy bar and was afraid the bugs would invade it. I informed my venue coordinator of how many settings I needed at each table when they were wrong and she was confronted she actually said she was never told. This made me extremely upset since I know she read that email because it contained a payment in it, how I felt about that was she took my money but didn't bother reading the details of the email. The day of issues - I was told by the venue coordinator that I could fill up a dispenser with water at bongos for the ceremony to keep my guest cool. 30 minutes before the ceremony I was told No!! And of course I didn't have ice or 5 gallons of water on me 30 minutes before I walk so yea thanks for nothing. I paid for my personal day of coordinator to receive a vendor meal... she never got it. They told me that the buffet would be replinshed for 2 hours after all the tables went to eat they immediately took the food away some of my guest actually expressed that they were disappointed because they were still hungry and had no choice but cake and candy. My personal coordinator was not able to get to my room and put my personal items in there during cleanup using my key because their room keys are pretty sensitive and can deactivate easily. The overnight front desk agent (an older man) wouldn't get her a key for company policy reasons and I get that she asked him what she could do than to get my stuff to the penthouse. He said that she should take us (my husband and I) to the hospital or to the police station since we had been drinking. Are you serious how EXTREMELY rude and inappropriate!!!! There were a ton more issues that I ran into and was told about after the wedding was over that my family and friends hid from me on the day of so I kept my sanity. It would appear to me that this place once used to be pretty good and due to losing certain people will now be taking a turn for the worst. All that I experienced towards the end of the journey is that this place has Rude people that work there and do not hold up there end of that contract!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Alyssa C

The venue itself is beautiful, which was the main reason why I chose this place. However, my experience with the venue coordinator was awful. I started out with a great venue coordinator whom I worked with all year in planning the wedding. However, she left a month before my... Read More wedding to take another job that allowed her to spend more time with her new baby. The woman who replaced her as my venue coordinator was very nice but incompetent. She couldn't answer any of my questions without asking someone else, I had to ask her the same question multiple times before she would answer it, she didn't inform me I had the option to change dishes for the buffet until it was too late to make any real changes, she did a horrible job of communicating to me how the day would go, and my husband & I almost saw each before the ceremony due to poor communication amongst her staff. Those aren't even all of the issues I had with her. All in all, she was a major unnecessary stressor in my wedding.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Jenny W

The wedding turned out wonderful! At first the beer was warm, but after we said something it was fixed. The only complaint I have, is that my wedding coordinator had a family emergency which caused her to go on a leave of absence a week before my wedding. I emailed her a couple... Read More times prior to our wedding date and received no responses. I wish they would have told me about my wedding coordinator leaving instead of me finding out literally the day before my weddding and an hour before the rehearsal. Then, I accidentally left my extra wedding programs there and a couple other things and have reached out to them a couple different times via email and the phone and have received no response. I have a second reception back home and really would like the extra programs for that. I realize an unfortunate event happened with my wedding coordinator, Kate, but they way they dealt with it was very unprofessional.

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Megan M

I absolutely loved this venue from the look until I contacted them to have my wedding. I first contacted through the knot the next day someone contacted me. I then emailed the person back and 3 days received an email asking if I was still interested because they had been unable... Read More to contact me. I emailed back saying I have contacted them with no reply, 2 days later the lady sets up a phone interview for the next day. 11:30 roles around and nothing, still as of now the lady has never called or emailed me to explain something came up. If it's this hard to get information and a meeting I don't even want to know what kind of wedding issues I would have.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Christina D

My husband and I just got married here on May 5, 2017, and it was everything we could have dreamed for! Our coordinator, Tatyana, was AMAZING!! I emailed her probably at least once a week, for about a year leading up to our big day and she got back to me in great timing. It was... Read More the best day of our lives and I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Bora B

Amanda was a pleasure to work with. I truly had my dream wedding at Grand Plaza and Amanda made planning it a breeze! The venue is beautiful, the food was great and my guests loves the location. I would highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Michelle B

We loved the hotel, the staff, the Imperial ballroom, and the south beach ceremony location. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue. Kate was our wedding planner and is AMAZING. Jeremy works at the front desk and was also smiling and greeting the guests. They had such... Read More great attitudes and provided exceptional customer service.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jenna E

Excellent service and food! Tatyana Adams ,our coordinator , was awesome and very professional. Our wedding was beyond perfect!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 kept a

I attended a wedding here. At the reception, there was no one to help the guests. There was a table missing. Three guests were wandering around, and there was no one to help them. A couple people asked to have another table set up. They were told "no, the bride wanted it... Read More this way." The room had a beautiful ocean view, but at 4 pm, was an oven. There was no window covering. Guests were soaked in sweat. Elderly guests were getting ill. I went to the front desk and told them this, and asked if the fans in the room could be turned on higher, and if the air conditioning could be adjusted. They said they would take care of it. 3 hours later the fans were turned up, after the sun was already down. I don't think the air conditioner was ever adjusted. Maybe wedding couples like this place, but at least half of the guests at this reception wouldn't have stayed for the reception if they could have left without hurting the bridal party's feelings. If you are invited here, send the money you would have spent directly to the bride and groom, and spare yourself.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Jacob S

My husband and I had the Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort as our wedding venue in May and we couldn't be happier with how our wedding day turned out at this venue! Our Beachfront wedding ceremony with a palm tree aisle was absolutely beautiful and the views from the Presidential... Read More ballroom were simply breathtaking! The food also tasted delicious and we really enjoyed working with Kate as our wedding coordinator! We definitely recommend using the Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort as your wedding venue! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Courtney D

We chose to use the Plaza Beach Hotel for our wedding guests and ourselves the weekend of our wedding. It was a close location to our venue and it was right on the beach. Our out of town guests loved the location with the beach steps away from their rooms. The service was... Read More exceptional and the staff was there to help anyway they could! They cleaned our room the night of our wedding and added special touches to ensure we were taken care of. Would highly recommend this hotel for any event or for a vacation spot! Courtney and Jordan Scholl

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Clare C

We had our wedding at the Grand Plaza on 04/15/16 and everything was absolutely perfect and exceeded our expectations. We booked the venue because we fell in love with the view from the Presidential Ballroom, we knew we wanted a beach ceremony, and because Tatyana had been so... Read More helpful and responsive with our initial questions. Tatyana was our wedding coordinator throughout the whole process, and she went above and beyond. She was quick to respond to all of the questions I had, and she was just lovely to work with. I am so grateful for Tatyana as well as the entire hotel staff for making our wedding weekend so wonderful. If you are looking for a venue for your wedding, I highly recommend the Grand Plaza! We had about 60 guests in the Presidential Ballroom, and it was perfect for us.

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Melissa S

We had the best experience ever at the Grand Plaza. Everything from the initial visit to the "I do" was absolutely perfect. Tori Elkington was our wedding planner, and we couldn't have asked for anyone better. She was wonderful and so helpful with every single detail. She... Read More made herself available any time we needed her (even on her days off). The wedding turned out absolutely amazing, from the ceremony on the beach to the reception in the Presidential Ballroom. The food was absolutely amazing as well.

Reviewed on 1/25/2016

AMAZING!!! Vendors, venue and TORI were absolutely amazing. Minus the wind, this was a perfect day for us. We came from out of town and were blown away by the customer service that we had gotten. Recommend this to anyone!