Grandmother's Video Productions

serving the Akron community.

Experienced. Affordable. Professional.

With over 30 years of wedding video production experience, you can rely on Grandmother's Video to discreetly capture your special day. We use the latest technologies to produce a tasteful, high-quality DVD of your wedding at an unbeatable price! Give us a call today!

$ – Inexpensive

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo, Video, Photo + Video

2521 Burnham Road, Akron, OH
serving the Akron community.

Professional and kind, video was very complete and fun

Reviewed on 8/15/2014

Had to find a wedding videographer for a family member without having a huge budget- David(runs Grandmother's Video) was available and good to his word from the start. He started filming an hour before the wedding and stayed through the entire night, stayed busy filming pretty... Read More much every detail you could imagine without getting in the way. Very polite and fun. The video turned out to be about 2 hours of quality stuff- great looking footage from the aisle to the dance floor. The video toasts were a hit- not only looked good on the dvd but were a lot of fun for everyone to do at the wedding and added to the day. Highly recommend.

Professional & Creative

Reviewed on 10/13/2013 Regina C

Great communication & very easy to work with. Creative and sensitive to the whole family dynamics of a modern wedding. Captured many precious memories! Couldn't have been more pleased with David's attention to details and professionalism.

2013-10-30T12:04:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much--but you made my job easy by being such a CHARMING & BEAUTIFUL BRIDE!

Great Video

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 aPatricia B

Grandmother's Video personnel was very professional in videotaping our wedding. Our special moments were captured in a way that the guests didn't realize a photographer was there. We appreciated the completeness and high quality of his work.

2013-10-30T11:55:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to "review" our work. Actually we consider our efforts to be Video Art--in that we capture the Beauty of your real-life, momentous event--so that it can be seen and enjoyed forever? Our technique is a mesh of experience, care, &... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 debra d

DO NOT hire this company until you see the video we received. It is being posted. Your wedding is a special time; please check other sites for information on David Blewett and how is business is run.

Very pleased customer!

Reviewed on 11/30/2014 Sara P

Having a videographer was a last minute decision and something we hadn't really factored into our wedding budget. Three months before the wedding I spoke with David and we were lucky that they had our date available! GVP completely met our expectations. David was very... Read More professional and accomadating on the wedding day. He captured all of our special moments and edited them nicely on our wedding DVD. We loved the video messages at the end of the video from our guests as well!!! Pricing is very reasonable if you are on a tight budget! I would definitely recommend GVP to capture your special day!

Videographer review

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jessica M

Grandmothers video production did a great job at our wedding !! The owner was very efficient, organized, affordable, and gave us cd's full of memories that we would never have had otherwise. We never felt as if we were being overwhelmed or closed in by the cameras. They were... Read More strategically placed to capture the moment while not becoming too visible. He interviewed my friends an family which was a great surprise to watch. I highly recommend this company.

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

David is an excellent videographer and an very friendly easy going flexible guy! I love all of his work he capture really good moments from our big day that has me crying one min and bent over laughing the next. He's interactive with the guess and everyone loves him! He has done... Read More my parents big day and 4 other family members including ours! When we returned from our honeymoon our videos was ready with the extra copies we asked for the parents and grandparents! You will be satisfied! Thanks Grandmothers Video!!

Fun & Creative

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

David was great to work with! He captured lots of fun moments from the cocktail hour & reception along with the beautiful scenery of the venue. We Really liked the organization of the wedding video chapters. The sound quality during the ceremony could have been better as it was... Read More hard to hear vows, etc over the passing boats and other background noises. We were very pleased overall with the service, his communication before/during/after the wedding and his professionalism.

Happy we did it!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

Grandmother's Video did an outstanding job with my wedding video. The video was given as a surprise gift by a friend and it was the best present I could have ever imagined! The quality was excellent and viewing it is a wonderful reminder of the happy event!

Forgot His Microphone and Missed the Vows

Reviewed on 10/19/2014

This videographer shot our wedding and "forgot" his wireless microphone. As a result, he failed to capture the vows, requiring the groom to read his vows at the reception and have them dubbed over. The end result looks like a Japanese movie with the groom's mouth saying... Read More something completely different than the words and very bizarre sound quality. Further, there are extremely odd visual cuts surrounding the vows. We wrote our own vows, and he failed to capture the most important moment of the day. He did give us a $50.00 discount for the error. However, he then seemed to blame us saying that we didn't write on the contract that he needed to bring the microphones, so he forgot. He also told me that he didn't realize it was "that important." How could a wedding videographer not think that capturing the ceremony was important? If that were not enough, the quality of the entire video was mediocre at best. In the outdoor light, white colors (e.g. the wedding dress) appear almost light blue and the edges of moving objects (e.g. people) frequently appear blurry. There are the occasional shaky images and weird zooms. Background noises are louder than they should be. David showed up to our wedding wearing jeans and lime green tennis shoes. He did not ask permission to dress so informally. While we appreciate that he worked very hard to get toasts from as many of our guests as possible, we had several complaints that he annoyed people by following them into the parking lot or not taking no for an answer. David's videos would be find if you are merely wanting some documentation of your big day and are not looking for a particularly high quality video. His video of the indoor reception was significantly better than the outdoor ceremony. He's very friendly and certainly appeared to be working hard on the big day. If he is the best you can afford, you will get some decent shots and most of your moments will be captured. However, I strongly suggest going with someone that you can trust to capture all of the important moments of the day. Our video is extremely disappointing to us, and we wish we had paid more to get a better videographer.

2014-11-18T12:38:38 Response from the vendor

I'm almost as disappointed as this couple--hopefully, their marriage will be long and happy and in time the video will be a cherished piece of their family history and for generations to come. But, there was no request for, or promise of, remote microphones (they... Read Less Read More

You can trust Grandmother`s

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Susan P

All the reviews are true. David was able to blend with the crowd and capture the heart of our wedding. It is the extra touch that we now enjoy the most. David did personal interviews of friends and family which really added to the spirit of the reception. I highly recommend... Read More Grandmother`s Video.

2013-10-30T11:31:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you--it was an honor and a joy to "forever capture" you and your beautiful bride, celebrating with so many loving family and friends! Many Happy Anniversaries!!!

Met Expectations!

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Megan B

Would like to preface this with I hired this vendor last minute and he was super accommodating and making sure everything was set up. Very accessible via email. He acted very professional throughout the day and I barely noticed he was there. Picture quality and sound were both... Read More good (not HD but not a huge deal). He is definitely for someone with a lower budget but it was exactly what I expected. Would definitely recommend!

2013-10-16T15:52:42 Response from the vendor

"We got the videos and absolutely love them!! Thank you so much for doing such a wonderful job! If you need any recommendations, please let me know! :) Best, M" Thanks for having Grandmother's Video Productions be a part of your Wedding Day. We are... Read Less Read More

Captured the Day

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Laurel O

David videotaped my first wedding in 2002, and my second in 2013. Both times, he completely captured the day. He makes sure to get footage of each special moment, and one of my favorite things is having individuals and couples do personal toasts. What wonderful memories! He... Read More is always very professional and the quality is excellent. I would highly recommend him.

2013-10-30T12:11:53 Response from the vendor

Ideal Day, Beautiful Bride, Handsome Groom, Cute Pets, Lovely Landscape, Warm Home, Pretty Friends, Loving Family, Wet Pool--How could I miss? Many Happy Anniversaries!!!

Got every moment!

Reviewed on 5/31/2011 Lauren A

David was very professional and got all the important moments on tape. It seemed like he held that video recorder all night so as not to miss a single thing!

2013-10-16T16:12:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind words and unsolicited high-ratings. It's an honor to be an important part of a families' Wedding Day and we always do our best so that future generations can appreciate and enjoy watching where they come from!

TO Grandmother's Video Productions