Grassy Hill Lodge

(6)

Derby, CT

Capacity: Up to 300 | WEBSITE | PHONE

At Grassy Hill Lodge, we believe that each bride deserves our exclusive attention. We offer superb food combined with warm and friendly service to assure you of a perfect wedding day. Our charming country lodge features authentic American antiques, two fireplaces, beamed cathedral ceilings, and a private bridal lounge. The manicured gardens, beautiful waterfalls, and white gingerbread gazebo offer a perfect setting for memorable wedding videos, photographs and ceremonies.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

$$

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall

77 Sodom Ln, Derby, CT

Grassy Hill Lodge - the Best!

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 Caroline C

The only way I'd get married again is if I can hold the ceremony and reception again at Grassy Hill Lodge. Except this time I wouldn't be too busy to eat! Martha and her team are true experts at making the day perfect for the bride and groom. They make it look easy but you know it has to be hard. All our guests loved the food and the lodge itself. Sometimes you need to step away from the cookie cutter banquet halls to appreciate a beautiful spot like the Lodge. Beautiful Job!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/17/2012 Robyn D

Our wedding on June 30th was the best! The food, the grounds, the atmosphere were all excellent. All of our guests commented on what a lovely place we chose for our wedding. Martha and her staff are very accomodating and pleasant to work with. We were able to customize our menu and everything. Martha and her staff paid attention to every little detail. It could not have been better.

Martha is excellent

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Amy C

Martha was helpful every step of the way. Everyone raved about the food, the place was gorgeous. Everything was packed up for us at the end of the night. Some people didn't sign guest book, but that was probably thier own fault. Servers were attentive to groom and I while we walked around during dinner. Only complaint is that I had to talk to the DJ instead of her, but that is really a complaint against the DJ.

Beautiful, Personal, And Super Super Classy!

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Katherine B

I just had my wedding reception here a few months ago, and it was absolutely perfect. The space itself is so interesting and unique that I didn't need to do any extra decorating. The room really took people's breath away. Martha is super dedicated to it being all about you: no one else uses the facility on the day of your wedding, and they are always reachable. The food was absolutely phenomenal and super fresh since it was prepped the day of. There were so many options and so many courses, my guests were raving about the food afterward! If you use Martha's brother Tony as the DJ, the night is even better. Tony was phenomenal at keeping everything moving, but he never once pulled the attention away from us as bride and groom. I never felt stressed or unsure of what was going on because Martha and Tony were always checking in with us throughout the night making sure that everything was going exactly as planned. We didn't have to worry about anything because we had the Grassy Hill Lodge staff on our team. It is a bit pricier, but you're paying for fresh food, a fully decorated space, and a wedding planner (basically). It was a very classy event, but not overly formal. Everyone felt super comfortable in the space.

Great Place

Reviewed on 8/29/2011 Diana G

Great service and atmosphere. My guest had a great time and so did my husband and I!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/07/2010 Erin M

The Grassy Hill Lodge was wonderful. The people, the atmosphere. If you are looking for something comfortable this is it! The owner is amazing and takes care of all the details with ease.

Send Email