Occasions with a Conscience

Greater Good Events, a fun and innovative wedding and event planning company in the Greater New York City area (technically based in Jersey City).  We plan, coordinate and manage weddings/wedding related events of all shapes and sizes with an emphasis on each couple's individual style. Working with, speciality florists, venues, rental companies and caterers to make your wedding perfect! We're even there to help with your family. The goal of Greater Good Events is to help you plan the wedding of your dreams , while emphasizing social good. Partnering with donation food services at the end of events and giving a percentage of annual proceeds to those less fortunate. We are here to help you create the wedding of a lifetime!

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

Jersey City, Hoboken & Greater New York City (201) 253-8698

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Danielle R

Ellen at Greater Good Events was a lifesaver! My husband and I had our wedding on July 9th at Waterloo Village in New Jersey and we used Ellen’s day-of coordinating service. A couple of weeks before the wedding I handed over all of my day of decor requests, vendor contacts,... Read More outstanding questions and biggest fears for the wedding day, and from that day on Ellen was in control and I got to RELAX. I’m not kidding, at a 4th of July party the week of the wedding everyone kept asking me why I wasn’t freaking out and how I was managing to have a good time when I was getting married in 5 days haha. It was easy though, knowing it was all planned and that Ellen would be ensuring that it all went smoothly the way I had envisioned. Ellen ran our rehearsal the night before and helped us drop off all the decor/make sure it was in the best place for the next day. The morning of the wedding, Ellen came to the hotel room we were getting ready in to make sure I didn’t need anything and to pick up last-minute items that needed to go over to the venue before us. She assured me everything was going according to plan and that was enough to make sure I relaxed that morning! When we got to the venue, she made sure we had food and drinks (and champagne) and even put an iced latte in the fridge for me in case I needed a boost - which I totally did! While we were busy eating and drinking, Ellen was making sure that all my decor items were put up and the flowers were arranged exactly how I imagined them. To be honest I barely noticed anything that day (I swear getting married is every bit the whirlwind psycho day that everyone tells you it is!) but people were gushing about all the details afterwards and when I saw the photos from my photographer everything was PERFECT. If you’re going back and forth on whether you need a day-of coordinator or if you’re just going to DIY the whole thing, I’m telling you right now that you do not want to be worrying about whether the cocktail hour signs have been placed right or if the florist has arrived on time while you are GETTING DRESSED IN A WEDDING GOWN. Having Ellen in your corner and being able to trust that everything will be taken care of is SO worth it. After the wedding, my in-laws just kept saying over and over that having Ellen there was key, that we couldn’t have done it without her. It’s so true – our wedding was a million times better because Ellen was there! http://markowphotography.com/2016/08/18/waterloo-village-wedding-danielle-and-brad/

2016-09-06T16:30:44 Response from the vendor

Danielle, It was such a pleasure working with both of you and your families! I loved being a part of your special day and knowing that it was everything you dreamed of is the reason I love my job!! I would do it again in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 justin D

Ellen & Co. instilled a warm sense of focus, supreme attentiveness to detail and leadership awareness, from the onset. She made us feel like the only clients in the world since our initial chat, until the lead up of the event. She created value and impact through a variety of... Read More negotiations with the venue and vendors, really left us saying wow, can't imagine this process without her. Then event day approached, Ellen and Team were up to task in orchestrating behind the scenes and taking charge, where needed. They ensured our vision was realized and execution of the most meaningful events, were without obstacles. Best part, they were easy to work with for everyone...incredibly warm, helpful, ego-less disposition, focused on creating perfection. The team is kind, patient and versatile to their audience, with the primary objective to "GSD" (get sh*t done). They dominated our overall expectations and would recommend to anyone a million times over :)

Awesome and friendly planner!

Reviewed on 11/27/2015

We are so lucky to have found Ellen to help us with a graduation event for a new nonprofit! Ellen was courteous, understanding, tireless and incredibly helpful in all aspects of our event's planning, execution and follow-up. I am certain Ellen's skills in coordination,... Read More planning, sourcing and budgeting transfer to weddings, too! We highly recommend Ellen for any type of event - she is organized, filled with ethic and is a joy to worth with! Our organization will be certain to work with her again when the next event arrives.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Alexandra S

Ellen and her team were amazing! She made sure our wedding day ran smoothly and was very helpful in the weeks leading up to our wedding. She made us feel at ease and went above and beyond what we were expecting in her services.

2017-07-24T11:36:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We loved working with you both, and making your day easy and seamless! Wishing you all the best!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Terri J

What can I say about Ellen (and her assistant Rachel) other than they saved the day. I hired her as my wedding-day coordinator but she not only helped me with items leading up to the day, but also the day after. Of course there would be a freak rainstorm all day the day of my... Read More wedding which caused all timelines and plans to go completely out the window. I know for a fact that without Ellen and Rachel there, the day would have been a complete mess. They made sure everything went as smooth as it could, running around in the rain and getting soaked. And despite all the changes and chaos, they made things work, and I can't tell you how much that made me feel better as the bride. I highly recommend Greater Goods Events as Ellen is not just a great coordinator, but a really wonderful person. THANK YOU!!!

2017-05-18T14:49:28 Response from the vendor

Terri! Thank you for the warm review! It was wonderful working with you two and even with the rain, it was an amazing day. We loved being able to make your wedding day and keep it all together. Congratulations to the both of you!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Connie J

I contacted Ellen when I was feeling the most alone during my wedding planning process, when I felt so strongly that the event coordinator who was assigned to me by my wedding venue did not have my best interests at heart, and I’m so so glad I did! Ellen was that rock during... Read More the chaos of my wedding planning process, and helped me get together those last minute details that I just did not know to think of. Her day-of-coordinating service allowed me to have some peace the weeks leading up to the wedding day, and on the day of, despite the fact that we had a snow storm and the wedding had to be delayed, she was there to make sure everything ran smoothly. I am so glad that Ellen was there to take care of the vendors, to make sure that everything was as it was supposed to be, to take care of the little things during the day that in the whirlwind of the wedding, would have been impossible for me to remember or take care of myself. Having Ellen as our day-of-coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day, and I can’t imagine what I would have done without her guidance!

2017-03-22T15:27:13 Response from the vendor

Connie, we loved working with you to make your special day amazing! Your creativity was endless, and I loved being there to ensure your vision was fully executed!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Rachel H

Ellen was our coordinator for our wedding. She was amazing from the day I first spoke with Ellen I knew she knew what she was talking about and everything would be above expectation. She helped give me ideas on how I could add special touches to the day. She also worked very... Read More closely with me and all the vendors. Once I hired Ellen I didn't have to worry about any of the vendors showing up on time or any other issues that could have happened. Her and her team took care of all issues that I didnt even know went wrong during the day. If I had any question or suggestions Ellen had already taken care of it. I plan to hire her again for any major event down the road and would recommend her to anyone. If you don't go with Ellen you are making a mistake. She is professional, organized, and GSD (gets shit done)!

2017-02-15T10:05:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was such a pleasure working with Rachel and her fiancee and family! It was an amazing day and we can't wait to work with them all again soon!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

As a close family friend at the wedding, I can say that Ellen made the event fun, beautiful, and appear seamless! It was a great event, with so much less stress for all of the family involved. She handled all of the last minute changes with ease, having anticipated these far in... Read More advance. She was readily available throughout the entire week and was always a phone call or text away! Plus it felt good knowing that the wedding wasn't going to be wasteful, with any leftover food going to a good cause and using environmentally friendly practices throughout.

2015-11-03T07:25:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, that means a lot to me! It was a great wedding and everyone was so much fun! They hardly needed me. It was really wonderful to have a couple that loved the community giving portion, we planned accordingly and there wasn't... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/20/2015

As the mother of a difficult and finicky bride, I worked with Ellen Hockley as a consultant, and what a huge help she was. She was able to help guide us in everything from invitations to logistics, from food to room setup, negotiating hotel blocks for the guests, even the band... Read More and room arrangements. Ellen is warm, kind and extremely well organized as well as experienced and well informed. I would not hesitate to recommend her for any event large or small.

2015-11-02T17:17:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you, and your family. I always love a new and unique experience. I hope to have another opportunity to work with you again soon.

Ellen Hockley Harrison

With over 10 years of experience working in hospitality; ranging from food service and catering to direct event management and execution, Ellen Hockley, founder of Greater Good Events, took her passion for events on a personal path, and built an wedding and event planning company what she believed to be the missing link: sustainability. Greater Good Events is committed to helping couples make the wedding they could have only ever imagined, while fostering a sense of service. We make your dreams come true all while giving back to our community!