South Jersey's Premier Entertainment Company

Greater Purpose Entertainment llc, was established in 2004 to staff and provide peerless entertainment to communities and businesses. Since 2004 our company has grown to become New Jersey's leading entertainment company in Weddings alone! Our services are unmatched, due to our service options and the level of knowledge & style our staff carries. From DJ's to Dancers we have staff who work hands on with todays top music artist from JaySean to Usher!

$ – Inexpensive

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Kevin R

My name is Kevin Riddick. On May 27th, DJ Gia DJ'd my wedding. My wife and I were beyond happy with DJ Gia. Her energy, professionalism and DJ style is UNMATCHED!! GP Entertainment will forever be our ONLY source for any upcoming family, business or personal events. My wife and... Read More I have said the phrase "Gia You Rock" multiple times since our wedding! Gia not only played every single song we requested, and it was quite a few. She also stuck to our detailed timeline which included a Happy Birthday shout out for our nephew who was visiting from North Carolina. When you are attending a GP Entertainment event hosted by DJ Gia, you WILL get up and participate, she won't stand for anything less LOL! I know I'm going on and on but I get pretty descriptive when I'm this pleased. My wife is forever the Skeptic one, but even she was thoroughly impressed with DJ Gia and GP Entertainment. I'll close with this, Do yourself a favor, Book GP Entertainment for your next event and find me and thank me later. "GIA YOU ROCK"!!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 B R

Gia did an awesome job at our wedding, if you are looking for someone who is organized and on top of things so help alleviate stress in your planning process, greater purpose is your answer. She was so involved and detail oriented, plus she was an awesome MC and got everyone out... Read More on the dance floor! Thank you!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Sean P

Gia was our DJ for our wedding on March 4th, 2017. She was absolutely phenomenal. I am a tech director and sound quality is very important to me. Gia was very patient with all my questions and requests. There was no distortion or overdriving of mics (WHICH I HATE.). Gia was... Read More professional and really knew how to get people into the dancing. It was a great time. Look no further! GP Entertainment is the DJ you need!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Lindsay R

DJ Gia made our wedding perfect from the entrance and ceremony music to cocktail hour and then getting our guests dancing all night long. The dance floor was packed. We will forever be thankful for her making our gender reveal moment during the cake cutting unforgettable. Gia's... Read More the best.

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Kyle T

If we could rate them 10 stars we would. Both my wife and I along with our guests are still talking about how amazing our wedding was and all of it was thanks to our DJ Gia. She really knew how to get the party started and make it an amazing wedding. We couldn't have asked for a... Read More better DJ. During our wedding planning, we met with a lot of DJ's who gave us a typical sales pitch. However, from our first contact with GP entertainment, we knew we had found our DJ. Gia was professional and honest with us about everything. She made the entire interaction more personable. She never tried to sell us some higher package like most DJs did during our internewing process. They were honest, upfront, friendly and more importantly, fun! I would recommend this company over and over again. They are simply amazing. You won't be sorry making them your DJ! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Ted G

My wife and I are recently married (the last weekend of July), and we couldn’t have been happier with Greater Purpose Entertainment! They are a fantastic and extremely professional business. From first contacting them, all the way through the wedding itself, they put customer... Read More service first! The communication was always open, and they were always available to discuss and fine tune the details. I was told right away, that they “go to wherever the party is at!” Location was not an issue. This fit perfectly because our wedding was in Northern NJ and I read that they were a South Jersey business. We had the pleasure of DJ Rich being the MC for our special day. Within minutes of meeting him, all could see he is a top notch entertainer. He is well spoken on the microphone, great at mixing music, an excellent crowd motivator, and he even dances too! He does it all, and does it well! My wife and I were very specific about some of the music to be played through the whole event, and DJ Rich worked well with all of it. We knew our guests were big dance floor party people, and he kept the dance floor packed with high energy and good vibes through the night. We loved DJ Rich and know our guests loved him too. I will refer him and GPE to anyone having an event in the area! Sincerely, Ted Gibbs

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Amanda R

Gia was our DJ in July 2017--we were so happy with everything from start to finish! Gia was communicative about our needs, special requests, and so forth. Having great music at a wedding is SO important, and having a fabulous DJ who will truly get the guests up and moving is... Read More equally as important! Thank you, Gia and GP Entertainment for everything!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Hillary K

Richard was absolutely amazing!!! It was extremely important to me that my DJ was really amazing because what is a party with bad music?!?!? Richard kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night and blew my guests away!!! I still have people coming up to me telling me how... Read More great my DJ was!! Definitely book Richard if you want to have a great wedding!!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Crystal M

First, i would like to thank Greater Purpose Entertainment for their service. Richard did a fantastic job. Not only was he a great dj but a very respectful business man. He made sure our wedding day was a night to remember. Everyone at our wedding had nothing but good things to... Read More say. Again we thank you and whenever we need a DJ we will definitely be using your service again.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Sandra R

My name is Sandra. My husband and I got married July 2017, Gia was our DJ. Since day one she was the best. She was quick to respond to emails, she made an amazing mash up for our first dance. At the wedding, she always came up to us to make sure everything was going how we... Read More wanted. She let us choose every single thing and didn't pressure us to do anything in any specific order. I recommend her 100% & will be the only DJ we will book for any other event we have. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Jennifer S

DJ Rich was amazing. From the beginning he made our wedding planning go smoothly. He met with us to discuss details about the music we like and what we want hear during our special day. He provided us with a timeline for our wedding. He was always by the phone for us no matter... Read More when we contacted him with questions, he will get back to us right away. He is very professional and friendly DJ. He kept our guest dancing all night with no complaints. He knew when to mix up and when to slow it down. He is the best DJ around. He will always be our DJ for every event going forward that we have. My guest also will be booking DJ Rich for their upcoming weddings and events. I couldnt choose a better DJ than Dj Rich. He is the man for Hire. You need to look no further, this is who you need. Thanks again from Jennifer & Shakeem.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Elizabeth G

Gia is fantastic! We had very specific requests (e.g. fingerstyle guitar music during the dinner, lots of slow jazz during the dancing), but she rose to the occasion on each and every request. She was so thoughtful and incredibly prepared, able to pivot seamlessly if something... Read More unexpected occurred. She also bought a lot energy to the reception, and we have gotten so many compliments from guests that she was one of the best DJs they'd seen in a long time! You can feel very safe in a choice of Greater Purpose Entertainment. My husband and I are so glad that we chose it. They really care about making it the best day for *you*, and not just some imagined idea of an ideal reception. Their adaptability gets them five stars from us!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Zach M

We had Gia as our dj for our wedding last week. She was fabulous and we could not be happier with anything! Gia was not just great for the wedding day itself but also made planning our wedding from out of state extremely easy. She worked with us via phone and email and was... Read More always available if needed. Pricing was extremely fair and far better than most places we researched. Gia also interacted with our guests through out the day and night, all which who raved about her afterwards! We both highly recommend her and would love to use her again! Thank you so much Gia - GP Entertainment is who we recommend and who you should absolutely use for your event!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Fan J

I want to thank Richard and his assistant so much for helping us create a wonderful wedding!! From the beginning of the process, Richard has been very friendly, fun and professional, which make me made my decision. And on the wedding, he did such an amazing job for hosting/DJ... Read More and all our guests were very very happy. One most important part, he is very professional and get everything together without me giving a lot direction. (On your wedding day you just want relax and enjoy the wedding, right?) I have been working in the wedding industry for a while and I have very strict eye for picking my vendors, and I def want to give Richard 5 stars for how amazing he is!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Jasmine P

We were married July 1st 2017 and hired DJ Rich for the event. He actually was the first and only DJ we spoke with but after watching his videos and speaking with him we knew we had to hire him. Rich definitely went above and beyond to make sure the night was perfect for my... Read More husband and I. It rained during our outside ceremony and things had to be moved inside which totally screwed up our timeline. Rich graciously offered to stay an additional hour to make up for the time we had lost because of the rain. He calmly dealt with my one of a kind Dadzilla's many requests to change the timeline my husband and I already provided to him and made sure we were ok with any changes before they were made. The video he provided as a bonus after the wedding makes me wish I could give him higher than 5 stars. We gave Rich our vision for our wedding day and he delivered that plus more. We've both gotten so many compliments about how phenomenal of a job Rich did. I definitely recommend him to every and anyone looking for a DJ.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Christine B

Richard is amazing. You will regert not going with G&P Entertainment for your DJ. Even more, you will not find a better DJ! It was my husband's (who isn't really into music) favorite component of our wedding. I honestly can't state enough how great my whole experience was. First... Read More and foremost, you won't find the quality of a DJ for Richard's price. He genuinely tries to work with your budget. Multiple times throughout our planning process, Richard told me to just let him know what I want, and he would make it happen. This is no exaggeration. I asked one simple question about uplighting, and Richard was willing to go the distance and give me whatever I wanted. This guy seriously has your back. He's as excited to work for your wedding as you are to have your wedding. He's organized to a fault. A week before the wedding, we went over everything. You can put your full confidence that he will follow your timeline and any little details to a T. What really sets him apart from other DJ's I spoke with is his personality. I have a particularly diverse taste in music. Richard embraced that, whereas other DJ's were downright nasty about it. So many people complimented me after the wedding about how great he was. He gets people moving without being all obnoxious and in your face. Check of their facebook and you will see for yourself. Richard takes video of different moments throughout the day and cuts it all together and makes you look all important and special. I felt like I knew Richard for years. He was such an integral part of our wedding day. Every time I speak to someone that was at our wedding, the conversation never ends without talking about how great the DJ was. If I could give an infinite amount of stars, I would.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Lorie E

Hands down the best dj ever! He was professional and made our special day memorable. He kept my guest entertained and dancing all night!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Jude S

Greater Purpose Entertainment made our wedding reception such an amazing experience. They gave us everything we asked for and more. I recommend everyone use GP Entertainment for all DJ needs.

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Meridith S

We had Gia as a DJ. She was super nice and kept up with us throughout the month leading up the wedding. The problem came when she asked us to fill out a form of song we did and did NOT want to play; we wanted some slower songs for the older couples and did not want any heavy rap... Read More or intense party music. The day of the wedding, she played music that was very clearly discussed that was not meant to be played and didn't play some some songs we did want to play. It was a little disappointing.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 KELLY B

Rich is the most amazing DJ I have have ever come across. He is so professional, and has the ability to make even the grumpiest person smile and dance. He truly found his calling. He caters to all ages, and he made sure that anything that I may have forgotten, was taken care... Read More of by him. He even remix a couple of songs together for our wedding entrance. Can not say enough about this man!!!! Great job!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Alice Y

Rich DJed our wedding ceremony and reception in central Jersey. He was excellent - very communicative, reasonably priced, and a nice guy to boot. Our event had guests from all different age and ethnic backgrounds. He found music that appealed to everyone (pop, Motown, 90s),... Read More while still playing the songs that we specially requested. Everyone from our college friends, to our older relatives from Taiwan, commented on how great his song choices were. Rich only does one event per day, he arrives hours before the event, and sets up uplighting at no additional cost. He was very thorough with the planning process, and took care to run through every detail of our ceremony beforehand, and even ensuring he was pronouncing every person in the bridal party's name correctly. He was part DJ, part MC, and part hype man, and even produced a short edited video afterward of the event for our memories. Bonus tip: Rich is also a fabulous dancer and did not mind jumping onto the dance floor every once in awhile to get things going. Great job, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Alex D

GP Entertainment was hands down one of the greatest decisions we made in planning our wedding. From the initial meeting to the day itself, we could not have asked for a better experience. Rich was personable, professional, and an absolute PLEASURE to work with. Starting from our... Read More initial meeting, you could instantly tell how dedicated Rich is to his work and to providing an incredible service. He ran us through every detail of what he offers and what we would be looking for, and he tailor made an incredible reception based on both his suggestions and our needs. The care and detail he puts into ensuring that every detail is perfect is not only reassuring, but really adds an element to his work that makes things personal, rather than feeling like you hired someone just to perform a service. On the day of, Rich's incredible service continued. He was at the venue early (like, really early) ensuring everything was perfect and set up correctly. He was in contact with us making sure nothing had changed in our plans, and you could see how much it means to him to deliver an incredible day. The set he played was absolutely perfect for our crowd, and there was never a moment where the dance floor wasn't packed to capacity. Not only that, but Rich also brings an incredibly fun element to your reception, as he's not just a DJ who stands quietly at his station. Rich is out and about among your guests, ensuring everyone is enjoying their time. His personality is PERFECT for the line of work he's in, and all of our guests loved him, especially when he broke out his unreal moves on the floor. To sum things up, I would never hesitate in recommending GP Entertainment for a reception. The service they provide is unbeatable, and I can personally guarantee that you will not be disappointed in hiring them. We can't thank Rich enough for the job he did at our wedding, he made it an unforgettable day and we were showered with compliments from our guests about him. Do yourself a favor and HIRE GP ENTERTAINMENT!

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Linda J

I'm so glad I found GP Entertainment to do my wedding reception, DJ Richard was the best. Right from the first conversation I had with Richard I felt very confident about this company. He was honest, easy to understand and not pushy (many other DJ companies I talked to were very... Read More pushy). Once I decided to go with GP Entertainment the first meeting was great he asked all the right questions to understand the feel of the reception and our music styles. He made everything very personal and helped me feel relaxed about the music part of the receptions! I was so excited to have Richard DJ at my reception and he went above and beyond my expectations, everyone loved him and the excitement that was on the dance floor. I had my reception at an venue that isn't normally used for weddings and Richard was still on his A game and made sure everything ran smoothly. My family loves to dance and even people that normally don't dance got out and danced. We partied to the very end. GP Entertainment is the right pick for any type of wedding reception they know what they are doing and do is outstandingly.

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Kyleigh P

Greater Purpose Entertainment is excellent! My husband was reasearching DJ's for our wedding and I am beyond glad he found Rich because he made our wedding reception one of the best times of my life! He is was excellent to work with. We talked over the phone with him and gave... Read More him a list of songs we like and then a few must haves and he understood the flow we wanted and went with it. Both I and my husband are huge music fans and concert goers and our wedding ceremony was focused around that with live performances and having a great DJ to back that up at our reception meant so much to us. Greater Purpose Entertainment went above and beyond for us! And our guest loved Rich, especially when he got out on the dance floor with us and showed off his moves. Also, he made us an excellent recap video to remember the night by. If you hire Greater Purpose Entertainment you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 George M

Richard was the audio glue that held our big day together. We had to plan our wedding long distance and hired Richard and Greater Purpose Entertainment off The Knot (site unseen) as he fit the vibe and budget we were looking for. He did a great job keeping us on task but still... Read More accommodating the chaos. He gave us great advice with a can-do atttitude but still let us know where we needed to give him more info. At the last minute we asked him to help livestream the ceremony from our iPad to my wife's family overseas and he made it happen. (Full story - I got a special plug for the iPad that could hook into Richard's board.) The Wedding Party overhauled our processional music at the last minute (for the better) and Richard made it work. Richard hung tight and made adjustments on the fly when the reception started behind schedule then launched an epic grand entrance to Star Wars Disco Music with light sabers that flowed right into the first dances. He kept the reception moving so there was no downtime and the whole family from ages 8 to 80+ got on the dance floor. I told Richard at the end of the night that he rewarded my faith and when people tell me it was the best wedding they had ever been to I know that Richard was the ace up my sleeve.

Richard Holmes

When it comes to ambition & drive you will never meet a more passionate entertainer than Richard Holmes. With his educated background in the arts, Richard loved to entertain through music & dance. As he grew older his focus grew from dancing to making people dance. He then came to realize he was a rare commodity " A Dancing DJ ". With his new found love and his old passion he became the ultimate entertainer and is now taking wedding entertainment to a whole new level!!