South Jersey's Premier Entertainment Company

Greater Purpose Entertainment llc, was established in 2004 to staff and provide peerless entertainment to communities and businesses. Since 2004 our company has grown to become New Jersey's leading entertainment company in Weddings alone! Our services are unmatched, due to our service options and the level of knowledge & style our staff carries. From DJ's to Dancers we have staff who work hands on with todays top music artist from JaySean to Usher!

$ – Inexpensive

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Ted G

My wife and I are recently married (the last weekend of July), and we couldn’t have been happier with Greater Purpose Entertainment! They are a fantastic and extremely professional business. From first contacting them, all the way through the wedding itself, they put customer... Read More service first! The communication was always open, and they were always available to discuss and fine tune the details. I was told right away, that they “go to wherever the party is at!” Location was not an issue. This fit perfectly because our wedding was in Northern NJ and I read that they were a South Jersey business. We had the pleasure of DJ Rich being the MC for our special day. Within minutes of meeting him, all could see he is a top notch entertainer. He is well spoken on the microphone, great at mixing music, an excellent crowd motivator, and he even dances too! He does it all, and does it well! My wife and I were very specific about some of the music to be played through the whole event, and DJ Rich worked well with all of it. We knew our guests were big dance floor party people, and he kept the dance floor packed with high energy and good vibes through the night. We loved DJ Rich and know our guests loved him too. I will refer him and GPE to anyone having an event in the area! Sincerely, Ted Gibbs

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Christine B

Richard is amazing. You will regert not going with G&P Entertainment for your DJ. Even more, you will not find a better DJ! It was my husband's (who isn't really into music) favorite component of our wedding. I honestly can't state enough how great my whole experience was. First... Read More and foremost, you won't find the quality of a DJ for Richard's price. He genuinely tries to work with your budget. Multiple times throughout our planning process, Richard told me to just let him know what I want, and he would make it happen. This is no exaggeration. I asked one simple question about uplighting, and Richard was willing to go the distance and give me whatever I wanted. This guy seriously has your back. He's as excited to work for your wedding as you are to have your wedding. He's organized to a fault. A week before the wedding, we went over everything. You can put your full confidence that he will follow your timeline and any little details to a T. What really sets him apart from other DJ's I spoke with is his personality. I have a particularly diverse taste in music. Richard embraced that, whereas other DJ's were downright nasty about it. So many people complimented me after the wedding about how great he was. He gets people moving without being all obnoxious and in your face. Check of their facebook and you will see for yourself. Richard takes video of different moments throughout the day and cuts it all together and makes you look all important and special. I felt like I knew Richard for years. He was such an integral part of our wedding day. Every time I speak to someone that was at our wedding, the conversation never ends without talking about how great the DJ was. If I could give an infinite amount of stars, I would.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Nadirah F

Richard was a fantastic DJ and we are thrilled to have had him play such an important role on our wedding day. My husband and I are both music lovers, so aside from our guests and us winding up married, the music was the single most important aspect of the magical day we were... Read More trying to create. Richard really delivered on what we were hoping for. Before the wedding, Richard had an hour-long conversation with us to talk about our music tastes and the vibe we were looking for. He asked us to name a couple of artists that exemplified the kind of music we wanted played; we threw out Jackson 5 and Maroon 5 to give him a sense of range, but also explained that we fully intended to get a little more exuberant toward the end of the day -- Desiigner’s “Panda” was not off-limits, as far as I was concerned. Richard just got it, and got us -- that us having a daytime, brunch-themed wedding didn’t mean quiet and staid, but that this was still our wedding, and we wanted some old-school and classic touches (for example, our grand entrance was to Earth Wind & Fire’s “September”). He did an excellent job of reflecting our tastes, and the dance floor was always vibrant and fun. Unlike many other DJs we’d seen videos of, who were almost obnoxious on the dance floor, Richard’s occasional presence on the dance floor felt like just another fun guest having a blast with our friends. Even while obviously having a great time, Richard continuously worked to ensure everything flowed smoothly and seamlessly, from our grand entrance, to the meal, to the cake-cutting, and all the dancing in between. And throughout the day, Richard was responsive to special requests -- playing “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” for my sister/maid of honor, giving my sorority sisters time to serenade me, and ending with all of our guests on the dance floor having a blast to Chance the Rapper’s “No Problem” -- enabling our entire day to feel personalized and uniquely us. Whatever you’re looking for, I’m confident Richard could make it happen. Richard’s pricing was very fair, he was timely and professional, and he was also incredibly nice. He worked hard to learn the correct pronunciation of our names (my husband is Dominican with an uncommon Spanish name) and to make sure that every aspect of our day was flawlessly executed. Within hours of the conclusion of our wedding, he’d sent us a sizzle reel of video from the day, which allowed us to relive our favorite moments immediately. Richard was a huge part of why our day was so perfect and so memorable, and we’d hire him for any event we throw in the future. We recommend him enthusiastically and without reservation.

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 Jessica D

We had Rich DJ our wedding in May. We chose him based on all the rave reviews and his event videos. I spoke with him a few times before our wedding and let him know our preferred genre of music- country- but that we loved a lot of other styles as well. My fiancé and I filled out... Read More the song request list VERY thoroughly. Unfortunately, during our reception, some of the songs weren’t played at all; specially requested songs by us had to be asked for; songs we never would have chosen were played(we weren’t fans of the Spice Girls when they were “in” so it was very surprising to hear them played during our wedding); and our favorite genre of music was basically ignored. Very few of our guests danced, so that was a little disappointing. I’m not sure if something was “off”, but it definitely appeared to be. Positives: he arrived very early to set up and everything looked great; he was dressed very professionally and did an amazing job with our wedding ceremony songs; the lighting was subtle and pretty; they were very reasonably priced; and the photo booth vendor they bundled with our package was great and very much enjoyed by our guests(even though I’m not sure an announcement was made about the service so am unsure all our guests knew it was there). I did provide feedback to a Rich and hope that in the future they stay truer to the songs requested and steer clear of any type of “vanilla” wedding song playlists.

2018-02-13T13:44:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback again Jessica it was truly a pleasure performing your wedding. I believe the miscommunication came in to play when you opened your reception for open request! What a lot of brides may not realize is allowing your guest to give... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Kristina B

Richard and his team were incomparable! Our wedding was absolutely amazing thanks to Richard's attention to detail. He made sure we found the exact versions of songs we wanted. They had the whole wedding dancing the whole night. They knew when to insert their energy and when to... Read More hang back. His communication style made the evening flow seamlessly. I would hire them all over again. Definitely hire Greater Purpose Entertainment!!

Reviewed on 2/01/2018 Samantha A

Richard and his team are awesome. They DJ'd our wedding reception on 1/27. All of our guests were so impressed. One of my guests told me that they wished they had hired him for their wedding reception this Spring. Another guest immediately asked me for his contact information... Read More for an event she is planning. I would absolutely use Greater Purpose Entertainment in the future.

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Meghan G

Richard was our DJ at our Jan 13 wedding, and he did an absolutely amazing job!! Everything went flawlessly and he kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. He read the crowd perfectly and knew exactly what music to play and when to switch it up. He also was awesome at... Read More fitting in our specific requests for songs at the perfect times. Richard was also VERY easy to work with, and really wants to get a feel for what you expect at your wedding while you are planning. Awesome communicator as well! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Julinette B

Gia is hand down the best DJ I've seen! She did her homework previous to our wedding and made sure she understood our music preferences and our guests backgrounds. Half of our guests were puerto rican and the other half african american. She made sure she played music for... Read More everybody and created a great balance with her selection. Everybody had a blast. My husband was very impressed with her services. Professional, energetic and knowledgeable. Recommended 100%

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Robert M

My name is Rob and my husbands name is Rick. On November 4th 2017 Mr Richard Holmes was the FANTASTIC DJ for our wedding. Not only did Richard make our wedding the best it could possibly be (said from most of our guests as well), he even made a little video of the day and night... Read More and it was absolutely amazing. He really knows how to play the right music to create an awesome dance party. He allowed us to fill out a form prior to make sure our favorite songs would play, but also took requests throughout the night. Richard made our wedding so much fun, and compared to what we heard from some of our other friends, he was THE BEST price out there. We highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Scott N

We hired Richard to DJ my daughter's wedding and could not have been more pleased. He provided a family-friendly mix that had everyone dancing the entire evening. Literally, dozens of our guests approached us and complimented him during the evening. He was an outstanding emcee... Read More and very professional in his preparatory interview with the bride and groom. Richard is the complete package; He is a great communicator, talented DJ, and a pleasure to work with. A great overall value as far as I am concerned.

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Camilla P

Gia is the best DJ EVER! my husband and I had such a great time on our wedding, all our guests said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been, and big part of it was thanks to Gia. I am Brazilian and she played Brazilians songs and even came to dance with me for a... Read More little bit. She saved our ceremony by stepping up when one of the musicians couldn’t come. She put the right songs in the right moment. For our grand entrance she made sure to get all the crowed riled up, everyone clapping and happy. Gia is awesome, we love her! And if you want your wedding to be awesome you should contact them ASAP!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 tara B

We couldn't have been happier with Rich on our wedding day. He was all smiles and excitement while being a "diva" as he would call it, while keeping everything in line. The venue commented on how ontop of everything he was, as he made sure our day was our day and it all ran... Read More smoothly. We have a few friends getting married in the future and they all said that if their dj can't break dance like Rich can they'll be disappointed. If you need a dj who truly cares about his name, business, reputation and your big day, there's no other option. My 3 year old even commented on his dance moves "he was really cool!" We're going to a wedding this weekend he's doing and know dancing won't be a problem!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Jennifer C

I was married on November 4th, 2017. My husband and I had the opportunity to have Gia Coney, DJ our wedding. It exceeded our expectations. Gia told me during our first meeting that she was a recent newlywed and understood how often brides are bothered with unnecessary questions... Read More and would contact me at least 2 weeks before our wedding. At first I thought this was strange not to hear from a vendor for so long but I could not be more thankful for her distance. A wedding is a ton of work and while it may seem strange that a vendor leaves you be for a bit, it is welcome!!! When our wedding was two weeks out, Gia was on her A-game! She got in contact with me right away and sent me a questionnaire for the wedding. We filled it out and had a phone consolation with her prior to the wedding. My husband and I have very different musical tastes and she made it all work. She also suggested answers to some questions we struggled with and I could not be more thankful! The day of the wedding could not have gone smoother, Gia was tasked with a last minute move at our venue and used Bluetooth speaker to service our ceremony location. The music was perfect during the ceremony and we moved to the cocktail hour. My husband and I had the opportunity to speak to Gia prior to the reception and she watched me freak out over a cake mishap. She stayed cool and calm while I was a mess over a cake disaster. The ceremony was amazing!! Gia got our guests ready for our introduction and we started to dance the night away. Can I say she is a hype-queen?!? I'm a pretty classic bride but love a little hip hop flavor now and then, my bridesmaids requested a hip hop track. Before she would approve it, Gia came over and asked me if the song was "Ok" to use. Nothing was getting by her on this night. Besides the awesome music geared to our adult guests, Gia took special requests for our nieces who served as flower girls. My husband and I were able to dance a few dances with them before they left for the evening. I can't say enough good things about GP Entertainment and Gia. She is a class act and it shows that she loves her job. I'm not much of dancer and I was on the dance floor the entire night. Gia was on the floor with us, dancing, singing, and adding to a fantastic night. She reads the crowd like a pro and will make sure you have a wonderful night.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Dana V

We could not have been more pleased with Rich and GP Entertainment. With all the craziness that happens during a wedding, I was happy to say I didn't notice any of that! Rich oversees everything and makes sure you don't get bothered with any hiccups that might occur. All of my... Read More guests raved about him and loved how he was so interactive during the reception. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Jaclyn A

Rich Holmes of GP Entertainment dj'ed our wedding on 10/1/17. I am so happy we chose him! He is an amazing DJ!! He made the venue even more beautiful with his up lighting and monogram. He was on point with the schedule of the night and definitely set the mood for our party!... Read More The dance floor did not die down thanks to his awesome dj’ing skills and the vibe he set. Even the maitre’d at our venue commented to me how amazing the DJ was. All of our guests have complimented us on our DJ choice & people who NEVER dance said they couldn't help themselves they had to get on that dance floor- I credit that to DJ Rich. Our day was perfect & this was a huge part of contributing to that. If I ever have a big party again, I'm calling GP entertainment for sure! Choose them and you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Lina T

I had the pleasure of talking to Rich over the phone and meeting him in person before signing off the contract for him to DJ/Emcee our wedding ceremony and reception. His enthusiasm for what he does let me know that he was the DJ that I wanted! There were a couple hiccups with... Read More the catering coming late during the reception, but he was able to change up his timeline on the fly to accommodate. The stress that came with running around on the wedding day was alleviated by his DJ skills when we were finally able to let loose and dance the night away! I highly recommend talking to GP Entertainment to see if they can fit your needs.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Patricia A

My husband (husband!!!) and I held our wedding in Cape May on September 23, 2017. We hired Gia Coney to DJ our reception. She was so phenomenal! Everyone was commenting on how awesome the DJ was. We were blown away! We had a mixed crowd of all different ages and she had... Read More everyone up and dancing! She really knew how to read what everyone wanted to hear and what people would dance to! I would hire her again and again. Don't miss this opportunity if you're getting married because the price was definitely more than worth it!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Lindsay R

DJ Gia made our wedding perfect from the entrance and ceremony music to cocktail hour and then getting our guests dancing all night long. The dance floor was packed. We will forever be thankful for her making our gender reveal moment during the cake cutting unforgettable. Gia's... Read More the best.

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Kyle T

If we could rate them 10 stars we would. Both my wife and I along with our guests are still talking about how amazing our wedding was and all of it was thanks to our DJ Gia. She really knew how to get the party started and make it an amazing wedding. We couldn't have asked for a... Read More better DJ. During our wedding planning, we met with a lot of DJ's who gave us a typical sales pitch. However, from our first contact with GP entertainment, we knew we had found our DJ. Gia was professional and honest with us about everything. She made the entire interaction more personable. She never tried to sell us some higher package like most DJs did during our internewing process. They were honest, upfront, friendly and more importantly, fun! I would recommend this company over and over again. They are simply amazing. You won't be sorry making them your DJ! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Amanda R

Gia was our DJ in July 2017--we were so happy with everything from start to finish! Gia was communicative about our needs, special requests, and so forth. Having great music at a wedding is SO important, and having a fabulous DJ who will truly get the guests up and moving is... Read More equally as important! Thank you, Gia and GP Entertainment for everything!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Hillary K

Richard was absolutely amazing!!! It was extremely important to me that my DJ was really amazing because what is a party with bad music?!?!? Richard kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night and blew my guests away!!! I still have people coming up to me telling me how... Read More great my DJ was!! Definitely book Richard if you want to have a great wedding!!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Crystal M

First, i would like to thank Greater Purpose Entertainment for their service. Richard did a fantastic job. Not only was he a great dj but a very respectful business man. He made sure our wedding day was a night to remember. Everyone at our wedding had nothing but good things to... Read More say. Again we thank you and whenever we need a DJ we will definitely be using your service again.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Sandra R

My name is Sandra. My husband and I got married July 2017, Gia was our DJ. Since day one she was the best. She was quick to respond to emails, she made an amazing mash up for our first dance. At the wedding, she always came up to us to make sure everything was going how we... Read More wanted. She let us choose every single thing and didn't pressure us to do anything in any specific order. I recommend her 100% & will be the only DJ we will book for any other event we have. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Jennifer S

DJ Rich was amazing. From the beginning he made our wedding planning go smoothly. He met with us to discuss details about the music we like and what we want hear during our special day. He provided us with a timeline for our wedding. He was always by the phone for us no matter... Read More when we contacted him with questions, he will get back to us right away. He is very professional and friendly DJ. He kept our guest dancing all night with no complaints. He knew when to mix up and when to slow it down. He is the best DJ around. He will always be our DJ for every event going forward that we have. My guest also will be booking DJ Rich for their upcoming weddings and events. I couldnt choose a better DJ than Dj Rich. He is the man for Hire. You need to look no further, this is who you need. Thanks again from Jennifer & Shakeem.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Elizabeth G

Gia is fantastic! We had very specific requests (e.g. fingerstyle guitar music during the dinner, lots of slow jazz during the dancing), but she rose to the occasion on each and every request. She was so thoughtful and incredibly prepared, able to pivot seamlessly if something... Read More unexpected occurred. She also bought a lot energy to the reception, and we have gotten so many compliments from guests that she was one of the best DJs they'd seen in a long time! You can feel very safe in a choice of Greater Purpose Entertainment. My husband and I are so glad that we chose it. They really care about making it the best day for *you*, and not just some imagined idea of an ideal reception. Their adaptability gets them five stars from us!

Richard Holmes

When it comes to ambition & drive you will never meet a more passionate entertainer than Richard Holmes. With his educated background in the arts, Richard loved to entertain through music & dance. As he grew older his focus grew from dancing to making people dance. He then came to realize he was a rare commodity " A Dancing DJ ". With his new found love and his old passion he became the ultimate entertainer and is now taking wedding entertainment to a whole new level!!