South Jersey's Premier Entertainment Company

Greater Purpose Entertainment llc, was established in 2004 to staff and provide peerless entertainment to communities and businesses. Since 2004 we have truly grown as a company further servicing our clients by providing top of line DJ's, Emcees, Dancers and other high entertainment amenities. Our services are unmatched, due to our service options and the level of expertise our staff carries. From DJ's to Dancers we have staff who work hands on with todays top ?music artist from JaySean to Usher!

$ – Inexpensive

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Nadirah F

Richard was a fantastic DJ and we are thrilled to have had him play such an important role on our wedding day. My husband and I are both music lovers, so aside from our guests and us winding up married, the music was the single most important aspect of the magical day we were... Read More trying to create. Richard really delivered on what we were hoping for. Before the wedding, Richard had an hour-long conversation with us to talk about our music tastes and the vibe we were looking for. He asked us to name a couple of artists that exemplified the kind of music we wanted played; we threw out Jackson 5 and Maroon 5 to give him a sense of range, but also explained that we fully intended to get a little more exuberant toward the end of the day -- Desiigner’s “Panda” was not off-limits, as far as I was concerned. Richard just got it, and got us -- that us having a daytime, brunch-themed wedding didn’t mean quiet and staid, but that this was still our wedding, and we wanted some old-school and classic touches (for example, our grand entrance was to Earth Wind & Fire’s “September”). He did an excellent job of reflecting our tastes, and the dance floor was always vibrant and fun. Unlike many other DJs we’d seen videos of, who were almost obnoxious on the dance floor, Richard’s occasional presence on the dance floor felt like just another fun guest having a blast with our friends. Even while obviously having a great time, Richard continuously worked to ensure everything flowed smoothly and seamlessly, from our grand entrance, to the meal, to the cake-cutting, and all the dancing in between. And throughout the day, Richard was responsive to special requests -- playing “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” for my sister/maid of honor, giving my sorority sisters time to serenade me, and ending with all of our guests on the dance floor having a blast to Chance the Rapper’s “No Problem” -- enabling our entire day to feel personalized and uniquely us. Whatever you’re looking for, I’m confident Richard could make it happen. Richard’s pricing was very fair, he was timely and professional, and he was also incredibly nice. He worked hard to learn the correct pronunciation of our names (my husband is Dominican with an uncommon Spanish name) and to make sure that every aspect of our day was flawlessly executed. Within hours of the conclusion of our wedding, he’d sent us a sizzle reel of video from the day, which allowed us to relive our favorite moments immediately. Richard was a huge part of why our day was so perfect and so memorable, and we’d hire him for any event we throw in the future. We recommend him enthusiastically and without reservation.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Alice Y

Rich DJed our wedding ceremony and reception in central Jersey. He was excellent - very communicative, reasonably priced, and a nice guy to boot. Our event had guests from all different age and ethnic backgrounds. He found music that appealed to everyone (pop, Motown, 90s),... Read More while still playing the songs that we specially requested. Everyone from our college friends, to our older relatives from Taiwan, commented on how great his song choices were. Rich only does one event per day, he arrives hours before the event, and sets up uplighting at no additional cost. He was very thorough with the planning process, and took care to run through every detail of our ceremony beforehand, and even ensuring he was pronouncing every person in the bridal party's name correctly. He was part DJ, part MC, and part hype man, and even produced a short edited video afterward of the event for our memories. Bonus tip: Rich is also a fabulous dancer and did not mind jumping onto the dance floor every once in awhile to get things going. Great job, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Alex D

GP Entertainment was hands down one of the greatest decisions we made in planning our wedding. From the initial meeting to the day itself, we could not have asked for a better experience. Rich was personable, professional, and an absolute PLEASURE to work with. Starting from our... Read More initial meeting, you could instantly tell how dedicated Rich is to his work and to providing an incredible service. He ran us through every detail of what he offers and what we would be looking for, and he tailor made an incredible reception based on both his suggestions and our needs. The care and detail he puts into ensuring that every detail is perfect is not only reassuring, but really adds an element to his work that makes things personal, rather than feeling like you hired someone just to perform a service. On the day of, Rich's incredible service continued. He was at the venue early (like, really early) ensuring everything was perfect and set up correctly. He was in contact with us making sure nothing had changed in our plans, and you could see how much it means to him to deliver an incredible day. The set he played was absolutely perfect for our crowd, and there was never a moment where the dance floor wasn't packed to capacity. Not only that, but Rich also brings an incredibly fun element to your reception, as he's not just a DJ who stands quietly at his station. Rich is out and about among your guests, ensuring everyone is enjoying their time. His personality is PERFECT for the line of work he's in, and all of our guests loved him, especially when he broke out his unreal moves on the floor. To sum things up, I would never hesitate in recommending GP Entertainment for a reception. The service they provide is unbeatable, and I can personally guarantee that you will not be disappointed in hiring them. We can't thank Rich enough for the job he did at our wedding, he made it an unforgettable day and we were showered with compliments from our guests about him. Do yourself a favor and HIRE GP ENTERTAINMENT!

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Linda J

I'm so glad I found GP Entertainment to do my wedding reception, DJ Richard was the best. Right from the first conversation I had with Richard I felt very confident about this company. He was honest, easy to understand and not pushy (many other DJ companies I talked to were very... Read More pushy). Once I decided to go with GP Entertainment the first meeting was great he asked all the right questions to understand the feel of the reception and our music styles. He made everything very personal and helped me feel relaxed about the music part of the receptions! I was so excited to have Richard DJ at my reception and he went above and beyond my expectations, everyone loved him and the excitement that was on the dance floor. I had my reception at an venue that isn't normally used for weddings and Richard was still on his A game and made sure everything ran smoothly. My family loves to dance and even people that normally don't dance got out and danced. We partied to the very end. GP Entertainment is the right pick for any type of wedding reception they know what they are doing and do is outstandingly.

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Kyleigh P

Greater Purpose Entertainment is excellent! My husband was reasearching DJ's for our wedding and I am beyond glad he found Rich because he made our wedding reception one of the best times of my life! He is was excellent to work with. We talked over the phone with him and gave... Read More him a list of songs we like and then a few must haves and he understood the flow we wanted and went with it. Both I and my husband are huge music fans and concert goers and our wedding ceremony was focused around that with live performances and having a great DJ to back that up at our reception meant so much to us. Greater Purpose Entertainment went above and beyond for us! And our guest loved Rich, especially when he got out on the dance floor with us and showed off his moves. Also, he made us an excellent recap video to remember the night by. If you hire Greater Purpose Entertainment you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Sean P

Gia was our DJ for our wedding on March 4th, 2017. She was absolutely phenomenal. I am a tech director and sound quality is very important to me. Gia was very patient with all my questions and requests. There was no distortion or overdriving of mics (WHICH I HATE.). Gia was... Read More professional and really knew how to get people into the dancing. It was a great time. Look no further! GP Entertainment is the DJ you need!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 George M

Richard was the audio glue that held our big day together. We had to plan our wedding long distance and hired Richard and Greater Purpose Entertainment off The Knot (site unseen) as he fit the vibe and budget we were looking for. He did a great job keeping us on task but still... Read More accommodating the chaos. He gave us great advice with a can-do atttitude but still let us know where we needed to give him more info. At the last minute we asked him to help livestream the ceremony from our iPad to my wife's family overseas and he made it happen. (Full story - I got a special plug for the iPad that could hook into Richard's board.) The Wedding Party overhauled our processional music at the last minute (for the better) and Richard made it work. Richard hung tight and made adjustments on the fly when the reception started behind schedule then launched an epic grand entrance to Star Wars Disco Music with light sabers that flowed right into the first dances. He kept the reception moving so there was no downtime and the whole family from ages 8 to 80+ got on the dance floor. I told Richard at the end of the night that he rewarded my faith and when people tell me it was the best wedding they had ever been to I know that Richard was the ace up my sleeve.

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Asia L

The formula to a great wedding = great music + great food + loved ones. GP Entertainment was fun and professional from the very start! My husband and I couldn't be happier and we will definitely recommend them to all of our friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jennifer J

Rich is a phenomenal DJ! He DJ'd my wedding a week ago and he really makes sure everyone is having a great time. He really caters to all generations and takes requests. He is extremely professional and made sure we not only reviewed the entire timeline of the wedding, but also... Read More made sure he knew how to pronounce everyone's names before the big day. He really kept the energy up and we heard nothing but great things from our guests. I highly recommend Rich and GP Entertainment!!! Thanks for everything, Rich!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Ananis L

There's so much I can say! Rich was amazing! He took the time to go through every detail to make sure everything went perfect for our wedding. The up lighting was beautiful and music was always on point. We had people of all ages on the dance floor. He will always be my DJ for... Read More many events to come!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Jacqueline J

When I say Rich delivered he delivered. He came one with the crowd and I loved everything about his services. I will recommend him to DJ anyone's occasion. I love how he paid attention to every detail of my reception. he was so hype and served every crowd that was there. Thank... Read More you again for making my day awesome!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Geraldine A

What can my husband and I truly say, Rich has been fantastic! His performance was beyond everything that we've expected, he Delivered! From the Ceremony to the Reception, Rich showed us what a DJ should be all about. Everyone at our wedding enjoyed the music and danced the night... Read More away. Rich even jumped on the dance floor and displayed why he's the BEST at what he does! Absolutely Amazing! Our guests showered DJ Rich with numerous complements. Highly Recommended! Couldn't ask for anyone Better! Can't wait until we hold another event because we look forward to having DJ Rich there again!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Katy P

Richard was absolutely amazing ! He made our wedding and made it tons of fun!! I highly recommend him as he had people on the dance floor all night it was great!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

Rich did an excellent job at our wedding. We highly recommend GP Entertainment for any event. He was so very professional and just rocked!! Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Amanda B

Rich was the DJ for our wedding. He really makes sure you get just what you want- whether it's a hyped up party type, or a low-key kind of party, which is what ours was. He did a great job DJing, plus he did up lighting at our venue which enhanced it so much, without being too... Read More flashy for us. Everything was great & we highly recommend this company!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

DJ Rich truly made our wedding day phenomenal! His customer service was truly incredible. He went over each and every detail of our reception with us multiple times leading up to the big day to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. He also gave us advice on picking songs for... Read More our special dances and was very easy to get a hold of whenever we had a question about our wedding. At our reception, he worked closely with caterer to make sure our glasses and champagne were out for speeches and that our food was served on time. He also entertained our guests perfectly. Dj Rich is not just a DJ. He is truly an entertainer. He played music that catered to all of our guests so that everyone enjoyed themselves. He even had my wife's grandfather dancing in his wheelchair! DJ Rich was quite the comedian yet very professional as an MC. He hyped up our guests, gave them a few laughs, and made them all feel comfortable and ready to party. During the reception, Rich got out on the dance floor and showed us his moves! Everyone couldn't believe that our DJ could dance. All of our guests truly enjoyed themselves and raved about how great he was as a DJ, MC and dancer. He went above and beyond for us and we can not thank him enough for that.

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

Great experience. Rich is a great business man and he's more then a DJ. I had the privilege of GP ENTERTAINMENT hosting my wedding and along with me working side by side as I photographed another wedding. Rich knows how to move a crowd for all occasions. Book GPE now!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Travis M

Gia was absolutely phenomenal. She was interactive with the crowd and kept everyone engaged. Never a dull moment!! Though I was not at the cocktail hour, I was told it was on point the whole time. Multiple guests commented on how great she was and wanted her card by the end of... Read More the night. Would highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Ebony G

I must say that having DJ Rich as my DJ was the best choice I made .. He went way beyond my expectations .. Any event I plan to have next and I need a DJ, GP entertainment will be the first company I call ...

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Victoria R

We had Rich as our wedding DJ. He honestly went above and beyond anything we expected. He thoroughly went over the timeline and got to know everyone's name. He got the feel of the wedding perfect and kept the energy up! He showed people how to do line dances and did some break... Read More dancing! It was amazing, we would recommend him for any occasion. By the end of the night people were already talking to him about booking their weddings! Just amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Tiffany E

Wow! Whoa! OMG! GP Entertainment was fabulous, energetic, awesome, amazing, perfect, reasonable and professional! Richard Holmes the owner and our DJ for our wedding was the best. You basically get a comedian and DJ all in one. He works the crowd like no other DJ I have ever... Read More seen. I had high expectations but I never imagined how great he would truly be! His equipment is phenomenal as well. As part of our package, we got uplighting, our names on the dance floor, photo booth with the best props ever and excellent music. If you want great entertainment for you wedding, hire them!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Lauren G

Absolutely phenomenal!! He was the epitome of class, professional and even spent a lot of time with us choreographing our first dance and meeting with us on multiple occasions to teach us and help us practice! If you are looking for a DJ to make your event memorable....this is... Read More the place!! He was absolutely amazing and every guest RAVED about him! I had a handful of friends ask for his contact info in the weeks to follow to book him for their own events! And two of the staff at our venue told me they were going to book him for their upcoming weddings! Anything we asked...he granted and then some! He provided these flexi- light sticks to the guests and they LOVED them! The pictures of everyone dancing with them and swinging them around looked awesome. Think no more....book with GP Enterainment! I am one of the pickiest people I know and I am a complete control freak and he far surpassed my expectations and ran the party better than I could have!

DJ

Reviewed on 4/05/2015 Sophia H

If you are looking for a DJ for a party or a wedding. I highely recommend this company. The service is excellent, the DJ interacted with my wedding guests and even camr on the dance floor. The music was mixed very well and he played everything I wanted to hear, and didn't do... Read More what he wanted to do. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

Richard Holmes

When it comes to ambition & drive you will never meet a more passionate entertainer than Richard Holmes. With his educated background in the arts, Richard loved to entertain through music & dance. As he grew older his focus grew from dancing to making people dance. He then came to realize he was a rare commodity " A Dancing DJ ". With his new found love and his old passion he became the ultimate entertainer and is now taking wedding entertainment to a whole new level!!