Green Acres Event Center

Eden Prairie, MN

Book Your Wedding with Green Acres Event Center

A BACKYARD IN EDEN PRAIRIE, MN

Green Acres Barn Event Center is the oldest standing barn in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. The barn, built it 1942 as a dairy barn, has been carefully restored and updated to hold events. The brick, yellow tile and ancient wood barn is a beautiful venue for a rustic, chic and fun wedding. The triple height ceiling soars into a Gothic arch and chandeliers hang from the exposed beam ceiling. Sunlight pours in the high windows and colorful artwork hangs on the entrance wall. The barn is lined with an antique collection of jukeboxes and is also home to an upright player piano.

Green Acres Barn Event Center offers a ton of photo opportunities. Couples can take portraits in the silo turned wine room, curl up on the couches by the fireplace or get some quirky snaps by one of the colorful cow sculptures on the grounds. There are a number of fun farm sculptures on the grounds, from the horse and cart to the cow bench to the pig hiding in a wagon of flowers. Antique saddles and lanterns are arranged by the fireplace and a white picket fence looks out onto a green lawn outside.

Guests can unwind from the reception in the downstairs lounge or outside by the fire pit. The Green Acres Barn Event Center can accommodate up to 300 guests.

Green Acres Barn Event Center hosts events year round. The barn is air conditioned and heated, ensuring your guests are comfortable. The barn was restored and made into an eclectic, fun event space by Steven Schussler, creator of the Rainforest Cafe.

Catering for Green Acres Barn Event Center is taken care of by Sterling Catering and Events, which provides food, drinks and alcohol and works with the couple to create a menu to their liking. Sterling Catering provides staff and bartenders. Couples can choose from butlered hors d'oeuvres and platters of appetizers, which include choices like Bloody Mary shrimp shooters and lobster bites. Pasta and carving stations are available and a mashed potato bar. Couples can choose from plated or buffet-style dinners with entrees like bacon-crusted chicken and grilled sirloin. Couples need to supply a cake from an outside vendor.

Both setup and cleanup are included and chairs and tables are provided by the venue. Barware, dishware, glassware and flatware are provided for your event, as well as linens. A one-hour rehearsal is included in the price.

• Specialty lighting
  • Projector and projection screen available
  • Street lanterns
  • Wagon wheel Adirondack chairs
  • Outdoor picnic tables
  • Italian water fountain
  • Valet parking available
  • Handicap accessible
  • LGBTQ friendly

July and August 2018 Special Rates

Looking to get married in July & August 2018? Call today for our special rates! Green Acres is perfect for creating beautiful and unforgettable memories in a uniquely magical, old-world setting conveniently located in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. This historic barn has been meticulously and lovingly restored and complimented with modern conveniences for events in all types of weather - year. Voted Top Pick by the Knot for 2015, 2016 and 2017.

Backyard, Ballroom, Barn, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

14150 Pioneer Trail, Eden Prairie, MN (952) 942-5220
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Heather O

We didn't look anywhere else for our reception because Green Acres was perfect! The staff was extremely helpful and prompt in answering any of our questions and making sure everything ran smoothly the day of the wedding. Their positive attitude, knowledge of the venue and... Read More reception, and professionalism really made us feel taken care of. We loved that they were young and easygoing which matched our personality as a couple. Every single guest we spoke to commented on how amazing the barn was and what a cool place it was for a reception. While we only had one choice of caterer, the food was spectacular and everyone enjoyed it. The decor made it classy and warming with little need for additional decorations. The outdoor space and trees around were ideal for photographs and a great hang out space for our guests. The icing on the cake for us was the ability to have our dog roam around throughout the reception and enjoy the celebrations with us. Thank you so much for making the most memorable day of our life so remarkable!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017

We had our wedding reception at Green Acres on May 6, 2017 and were absolutely blown away by the entire experience. From the waiters and waitresses meeting our guests at the door with Hors d'oeuvre to making sure everyone was able to make it home that night, Green Acres went... Read More above and beyond what we ever could have imagined. I can't count the number of people who told us it was the coolest wedding they have ever been to. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have any kind of celebration. Their organization and communication is second to none. 10/10!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Crystal K

We had a wedding with 185 guests, and had an amazing experience with our ceremony and reception at Green Acres! I cannot say enough about how beautiful and fun this venue is. Andrea was great to answer all of our questions ahead of time. The onsite staff the day of were on... Read More top of it all, and jumped to accommodate last minute guest needs, and make suggestions ahead of time, so we could just relax and enjoy the celebration. It was a hot day, but the temperature was perfectly cool in the barn. Our guests continue to rave about how great the food was and the fun places inside and out to hang out. The pictures…wow! Absolutely awesome!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Kristine D

If you are thinking twice about booking Green Acres for your big day, you shouldn’t! This place far exceeded my expectations. Working with Lauren and Andrea was a breeze and they made me feel completely at ease. The on-site staff was extremely responsive and accommodated every... Read More request we had to make the day perfect. Our guests loved the outdoor area and all of the unique surprises inside! Food was phenomenal and the desserts went in the blink of an eye. Truly a magical place!

2017-10-09T15:19:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for letting Green Acres and our staff be a part of your very special day. We wish you a beautiful life together filled with love, happiness, health and prosperity.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Nguyen B

My husband and I (Same Sex) had our Wedding and Reception at Green Acres Event Center on September 16th, 2017 and it was perfect. I know, this word is used a lot in reviews, but it was literally perfect. Not a single thing went wrong or didn't happen. Leading up to our... Read More wedding; the manager, Lauren and our caterer Andrea were the most helpful, kind and patient people you will ever work with. They were always available to help. They have an open house most Wednesdays unless there is an event and that helped a lot when it came to space planning, wedding rehearsal and timing. If you want a turnkey barn wedding with a quirky and charming decor this is the space for you. My husband and I only had to worry about the center pieces and any additional wants on our end but the rest was taken care of by Green Acre decor wise. This space and their staff will allow you and your guests to enjoy yourselves. Instead of running around stressed and unable to even eat your own food or have fun, you and your guests will have the time of your lives. Honestly, the only thing I was stressed about was my wedding toast. The night of the Wedding and Reception was spectacular, both of our families said, hands down, by far it was the best wedding they had ever been to and it was because of the venue and the food. The food catered through Sterling was awesome; great tasting, perfectly proportioned, everyone kept complimenting the Tenderloin and the mashed potatoes. Each and everyone of the staff that helped us that night were so nice, open and kind. It really meant a lot when not only our guests but the staff congratulated us afterwards. It was a real pleasure working with everyone with Green Acre, and it was very bittersweet when we had to leave. I really didn't want to! Thank you, thank you, thank you for making our night simply magical.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Talla A

We had our daughter's wedding at Green Acres Barn and it was absolutely perfect!!! From start to finish it went as smooth as possible. The staff is on top of everything. Our guests have called to say what a beautiful venue it was and it was the most enjoyable wedding they had... Read More been to. When we started looking at venues for the wedding this was the first place we went and after our daughter and future son in-law asked "do we have to look any place else?" and we didn't. This is where they wanted it and it was definitely the right choice.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Becky R

Amazing! We had our wedding here recently (August 11, 2017) and we are extremely happy with how everything turned out. We only needed one tour to be convinced this is the place we wanted to have our wedding. The atmosphere was perfect: beautiful, intimate, cozy, and elegant.... Read More Also the staff was great, very kind and helpful, and the food was delicious! We highly recommend this place!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 LeeAnn J

This venue is both beautiful and uniquely charming. After I toured it, I knew it was the place for us and I wasn't disappointed. The staff were very helpful throughout the process and the food was delicious. Our DJ had worked at the venue before so everything went smoothly with... Read More that process. We got a lot of positive feedback from our guests throughout the wedding and well after regarding the location. I wouldn't change a single thing about our day and a large part of that is thanks to Green Acres and its staff.

2017-08-11T16:02:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Erin E

Beautiful venue! Our guests loved the place and the characters of the barn. Olivia was amazing! She made it so easy to enjoy our wedding and not worry about a thing! This place was the best thing about our wedding!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Paige S

I had my New years eve wedding at Green acres this past year (12-31-16) and I cannot imagine having had it anywhere else. The barn was so beautiful and we received a lot of compliments from our guests. Olivia was amazing and helped make sure everything went off without a hitch.... Read More Our winter wedding was a great success and I would recommend Green Acres to anyone looking for a barn wedding...especially in a colder season since they have heat

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Sarah B

AMAZING!! We got married September 3rd and I cannot say enough about this venue. Beautiful, great staff, affordable--everything went so smoothly! They have thought of everything with this place - A/C, heating, Bose sound system, fire pit, fun art/antiques. We loved that it was... Read More dog friendly as our lab was our ring bearer. On top of it all, great people! Having to plan the wedding from Oregon wasn't fun, but Olivia made things so easy --responsive, listened, and flexible. She was always able to fit me in when I was in town. When it came to the big day, I didn't feel like I had to worry about anything. They also had fantastic recommendations for other vendors which was so helpful. I would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Melissa R

We got married back in August, I really wanted an outdoor wedding, but Mother Nature had other plans for our big day so the day of the wedding we made a game time decision to move the ceremony indoors. I think that was truly how it was suppose to be, it was beautiful! We had so... Read More many wonderful comments about how beautiful the barn was and also how great the food was. I've recommended Green Acres to a couple of people who are looking for barn venues. It was such a great experience, I want to do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Liz M

I can't say enough about how amazing Green Acres was for our wedding. The space is absoutely stunning, it left guests speechless. The food is excellent, guests could not believe wedding food could turn out that great. The staff is so helpful, they made every aspect of your day... Read More perfect. The planning phase was made stress-free by Olivia and her staff. The "bundling" of costs help to cut down some of the forgotten pieces of the day. I wish we could find another reason to celebrate at Green Acres!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Amber B

I could not have asked for a better venue for our June wedding! One of the first things I loved about this venue was the character and barn theme that went along with what I had envisioned for our wedding. It was a bonus that things like tables, chairs, linens, and... Read More setup/takedown were included. Alyssa and Olivia were both great to work with and always easy to get ahold of, especially as we got closer to the day of. We ended up having great weather and being able to have a beautiful ceremony outside and a great dinner and reception afterwards. I would absolutely suggest this as a wedding venue for an prospective couples!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Chelsea C

My husband and I got married 1/23/16 at Green Acres. I knew from the moment we walked in the door that this venue was for us. We held our ceremony and reception all at Green Acres which was perfect and so convenient for us and our guests. I could talk about the benefits of this... Read More venue for days but to sum it up, this was the most BEAUTIFUL venue and most intimate setting for our special day, our guests still talk about how beautiful our wedding was and how much fun they had at this particular venue (so unique!), the staff was amazing to work with and really took care of every little detail on the day of, and the food was hands down AMAZING. We booked our wedding at Green Acres pretty far in advance before our wedding day because we had a long engagement, so we dealt with some staffing changes and even through that, I always felt like the staff was working with us one-on-one to make sure our day was their top priority. Olivia and Alyssa were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were upfront with us about every detail--- and I ask A LOT of questions ;) I'd do this day over and over a thousand times at Green Acres. XO!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jean J

Green Acres proved to be the gorgeous and unique setting we were looking for. Olivia was PHENOMENAL to work with and exceeding our expectations every step of the way. We had both our ceremony and reception at GA. While it poured rain for about half of our time there, there was... Read More still plenty of room for all of our 150 guests. Green Acres and Olivia were fantastic.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Kathryn H

Green Acres is an incredible venue for a wedding! My husband and I had our wedding there in the fall of 2016. We booked the wedding 2 years in advance since we fell in love with this venue when we visited it. It was well worth the wait! The decor and style are so unique. The... Read More staff members were very organized and prompt with communication. The staff was very helpful before, during, and after the wedding ceremony and reception, and ensured the event ran smoothly. The wedding guests were constantly complimenting us on our choice of venue. The guests really seemed to enjoy this unique venue. It worked out very well to have both the ceremony and reception there. We had about 150 guests. The staff quickly flipped the room upstairs while the guests were enjoying cocktail hour in the lower level of the barn. We had a plated dinner which went smoothly. There were microphones available to use for speeches. We had a live band and the sound was surprisingly very good. The only cons I have include the projector screen and scheduling the rehearsal. The projector was not working and therefore they set up a temporary screen, which most of the guests could not see from their dinner tables. The rehearsal could not be scheduled until about 1 month prior to the wedding, which was a challenge since the invitations were sent out long before that. These cons are very small compared to how incredible and beautiful this venue is as a whole. I would highly recommend having your wedding or event there.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Kelsey K

I got married there in July, and Olivia was amazing! She was wonderful at answering all my questions and getting back to me as soon as she could. Although everything was a little pricy they were worth every penny! Even on the day of she was there to make sure everything went... Read More smoothly. And we had no problems with any planning!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Scott S

This venue was PERFECT! If you're looking for a rustic barn filled with beautiful decor that is minutes from the big city, this place is for you! We got married here the 30th of September and nothing could have gone more smoothly. The staff there was attentive to our needs,... Read More answered our millions of questions promptly via email, and made the ceremony and reception fly by without a single worry. The big selling point for us was that they worked closely with Green Mill to provide all of our catering needs. The less that the bride and groom have to do on their big day, the better. They went above and beyond to make sure that we would have a stress-free, and fantastic day spent with all of our friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Samantha S

We just got married on October 8th and it was absolutely perfect! The catering staff and the event center staff helped everything move flawlessly and we got nothing but compliments from our guests. We loved this venue because it is unique and there so much to look at! We can't... Read More thank Olivia and Alyssa enough for everything and helping us have the perfect wedding :)

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 abby t

we were married at green acres June 17, 2016 and it was amazing!!! the venue is incredible: the rich barn wood, countless nooks with fun places to sit/take pics, and tons of outdoor space!! we also had such great help all along the way from andrea with catering and olivia making... Read More all the details come together! it was truly amazing and more than i even imagined :) i'd definitely reccomend this venue!!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

We had a retirement event at Green Acres earlier this year. It was a wonderful event with great food, atmosphere, and service. There was plenty of room for the guests to walk about and mingle both inside the barn and outside by the fire. I would definately book this venue... Read More again!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Lindsay V

We chose Green Acres Event Center to be married at, and it was the best decision ever! Olivia was so easy and wonderful to work with. Any little question I had she responded right away and was so helpful. The venue is gorgeous and our guests could not stop raving. It was amazing... Read More to have our ceremony and reception all in one place. The food was so good and served in a very timely manner. All the staff working there are very professional and know exactly what they are doing. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a one of a kind experience!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Michaela W

I truly could not have asked for anything better! The venue was beautiful, EVERYONE we worked with was incredible, and our day was truly perfection. The staff was not only easy to work with, but fun to work with and they all played an important part of our big day! I would... Read More HIGHLY recommend Green Acres to anyone - everything was flawless!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Andrea S

Amazing, gorgeous venue! Absolutely beautiful for our wedding. My only complaint was with the girl we worked with, seemed a bit un-knowledgeable about some things during the planning process, perhaps with a little more experience this will improve. But all around an excellent... Read More venue for my wedding.