Green Apple Weddings & Events

Serving CT, NYC & Hudson Valley

Planning events that reflect YOU in CT & New York

We work with a diverse demographic and pride ourselves on giving each of our clients the respect and dedication they deserve. We work tirelessly to plan events that truly reflect who our clients are and what it is they envision and have a lot of fun in the process!

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Danbury, CT Serving CT, NYC & Hudson Valley (646) 294-0529

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Maria S

My husband and I hired Green Apple Weddings & Events for partial planning services for our June 2017 wedding. Let's start here- there's absolutely no way we could have had such a perfect wedding day without Kate & Jennifer. They were available to answer our questions (as... Read More ridiculous as these questions may have been at times) from the moment we hired them to be a part of our day. Our wedding was held at the Metropolitan Building in Long Island City and while the staff there is wonderful, there isn't a day of coordinator to help with all the details leading up to the day. As funny as it sounds, the reason I decided I was hiring a wedding planner was because I had a moment about halfway through planning where I thought to myself "who's going to cue the music and make sure we all know when to walk down the aisle?"While my husband was initially skeptical and it wasn't a cost we had budgeted for, he agreed. Enter Kate. She knows the Metropolitan Building like the back of her hand (seriously. I think our wedding was like her 106th here). About 6 weeks before our wedding, we did a walk through with Kate to select items, go over floor plans and just talk about the experience we want our guests to have. We walked out that day and my husband exhaled and said "this is literally the best money we've ever spent. No way we could do this without her". Kate & Jen did what we feel was so beyond partial planning. They contacted vendors, created floor plans and timelines for the day, helped us select antiques to be used to decorate the space, eased any nerves we had and yes, told us when it was time to walk down the aisle. Wedding planning involves so many details. We are eternally grateful for Kate & Jen's help throughout our engagement and on our wedding day. My husband and I are both sad we don't get to talk to them anymore but hopefully our paths cross again soon! Book Green Apple Weddings & Events. Make room in the budget. It will be the best money you've ever spent.

2017-07-20T08:58:20 Response from the vendor

So much thanks to the two of you for being a true joy to work with! Jen and I truly appreciate the very thorough and kind review. Don't be sad...we LOVE staying in touch with our former clients, so please do reach out from time... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Elissa C

Kate and Jennifer were absolute superwomen when helping us partially plan our September backyard wedding! I can't give them enough props for all of the crazy, tiny details they were able to foresee, while keeping the big picture of the wedding weekend in mind. They were always... Read More available to answer one of my random questions, and were really a godsend in helping me communicate with the many, many vendors that go into a backyard wedding. While they were so organized and detail oriented, these ladies never hesitated to jump into any sticky situation - even dealing with a disgruntled vendor the night of the wedding, and staying on top of a DJ whom we had had little communication with leading up to the big day. In the calmest manner possible, these ladies ran about making sure every tiny detail the day of was taken care of (including making sure I was fed, and taken care of!), and the night ran smoothly and on schedule. They are so easy-going and ready to run with whatever idea I threw their way, and I felt they were really personally invested in my big day. It's because of these wonderful ladies, that I was actually able to ENJOY my wedding day! Thanks girls! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Candice A

Kate was amazing! We hired her as our Day-of-Coordination from a recommendation of a friend. She answered all our questions and gave us lots of things to think about. She has worked at our venue (The Metropolitan Building) so many times and had great ideas on the layout and... Read More timings. I dont know what I would do without her during the wedding. The only time she pulled me aside to ask me a questions was because the florist was arranging something differently to the notes I gave Kate. She remembered the details I sent and made sure there was nothing off from what I had planned. She took care of all the vendors (and family) and made it feel like everything was going smoothly. Because of Green Apple Weddings, I was able to enjoy my wedding.

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Deb A

We are not sure where to begin with our praise for Kate and the Green Apple Weddings team. Kate brainstormed all our crazy thoughts with us and from start to finish was incredibly generous with her time, recommendations, referrals and expertise. She was a sounding board for us... Read More and guided us off the edge on a few occasions. She has resources for every thing you could possible want and we mean ever thing!!! We can't even imagine what else she could have done for us! Her expertise in planning and managing a wedding was invaluable, her production skills came shining through. From the moment we arrived in the morning she was in control which allowed us to have fun all 12 hours of our wedding day. She has incredibly integrity, she is smart and funny woman and we loved working with her!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Marisa L

Kate is great! We hired her to be our day-of coordinator for our wedding at the Metropolitan Building in November, and not only did she ensure that the day went by seamlessly but also was very helpful in the months leading up to it. Whether is was making vendor... Read More recommendations or accommodating last minute seating changes, Kate was key to making sure we were well prepared for the day of. For our wedding day, Kate crafted an expert schedule and managed to get us to stick with it so that we got all the pictures we wanted ahead of time and so that the actual ceremony and celebration were as perfect as could be. She and her assistant were also very helpful when the strap of my dress broke during the reception, crafting a MacGyver-like fix that solved the problem for the rest of the night. Thanks, Kate!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Amy T

I used Kate as my day of coordinator and she was fantastic! On the big day the venue coordinator wasn't around due to personal issues, the florist was 4 hours late and we had another wedding party "crashers" trying to use our space for their photos. Kate expertly handled... Read More every issue thrown at her calmly and confidently. She worked with all the vendors and made sure everything was in place all while keeping me calm and relaxed. I am so thankful for all she did to make our day the best one ever!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Theresa G

Kate provided Day-of Coordination services for my Hudson Valley wedding on 10/8/16. Hiring Kate to be my coordinator was the best decision I made in the planning process! For a day-of coordinator, she truly exceeded my expectations, as she was so involved and helpful from the... Read More very beginning. Throughout the entire planning process, Kate was always available via email or phone to answer my questions and provide support/advice. Kate met us at the venue for a planning meeting and walk-through prior to the wedding, which was so helpful. She really knew the venue and had great ideas for placement of decor. Prior to the wedding, she confirmed and finalized schedules for all of my vendors, which really took the stress and pressure off of me. She worked with our officiant to coordinate and run the ceremony rehearsal the day before the wedding, which helped everyone feel prepared and at ease. On the wedding day, me, my husband and our parents were able to truly relax and enjoy the day, since Kate was on top of everything. Kate's assistant was unfortunately ill on my wedding day, so her husband stepped in as an assistant to lend an extra hand. This really showed to me how devoted Kate is and how willing she is to go above and beyond! Kate ensured that everything went smoothly at the wedding. It felt like everything magically fell into place, but I know that it was Kate working her magic behind the scenes. I can't thank her enough for helping to make our wedding day so perfect!

Best Choice I Made Throughout the Entire Process!

Reviewed on 6/04/2014 Jessica M

Hiring Green Apple Weddings was the best choice I made in the entire scheme of planning. After hiring all my vendors, I realized, I needed someone to execute day of coordination. Green Apple was highly recommended to me by a very detail oriented colleague. After my first phone... Read More call with Kate, I knew I had to hire her. Kate and her team provided, clam, clarity, and detail. She asked questions of me I wouldn't have thought to address, she asked questions of my vendors I wouldn't have known to ask. She acted as anchor, and brought clarity to many a situation made difficult by too many cooks in the kitchen, she ran the show day of and took wonderful care of my husband and I. Kate is a strong and calming presence, who was always on call, and available to me, I truly cannot recommend Green Apple enough.