Green Mill Catering & Bar Service

Saint Paul, MN

It starts with a complimentary tasting...

and ends with an incredible dinner and a VERY happy couple. Looking for something a little different? Just ask. We specialize in special requests. Our staff is ready with everything you need: linens, napkins, china, glassware, coffee, etc. and complete set up & tear down. We can even bring the bar!

Cuisine

American, Italian

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

1342 Grand Ave, Saint Paul, MN (651) 203-3100
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Rachel G

Green Mill was awesome. Sarah was fantastic and answered all my questions before I even had to ask them. I had switched to a gluten-free diet after already booking them and they made sure to work with me. And they event brought one gluten-free pizza late at night for me. The... Read More initial food tasting sold us. Everything was delicious and there were so many options. And the pricing was great for the quality we got. It was all just so easy from the start and we didn't even bother going our other tastings. We actually cancelled those and went with Green Mill right away. I would recommend Green Mill to anyone who wants a caterer who is organized, quick to respond, and has delicious food. And our guests were raving about the dinner options and late-night pizzas.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Janet F

Highly Recommend! Sarah did a great job! From the tasting to the event I felt super comfortable. Sarah had all the details in order, so much so that on our wedding day she noticed the cake needed some help and touchups and had her staff fix it with frosting from the extra cake... Read More in the back...AWESOME! The food was fabulous and the guests raved about it! The staff was amazing! The event ran so smooth and the staffing lead was so helpful and asked me questions before I even had them. And our guests loved the bartenders. Thanks Green Mill!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Kassira A

Insanely accommodating. We had our wedding at FIVE and GMC is housed out of there so all the food was fresh. Sarah worked with out dessert vendor, taking away one more thing for me to do. Only thing was special requests on the meals didn't actually pan out, but I think we could... Read More have marked our place cards better, in hindsight. Sarah was great. Food was delicious. Honestly, 100% recommend. Could not be happier. Guests enjoyed the meal too! :)

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 J K

Amazing food! We received a lot of compliments from guests on how good the food was. Although it all turned out great, there were several things that were discussed beforehand that were missed the day of. In addition, from what we saw, there was quite a bit of food left after... Read More everyone went through but no announcement was made to guests so no one went up for seconds. A couple people mentioned how hungry they were later and our late night pizza “went in record time” per a staff member. Just a bummer given how much expensive wedding food is . . . it would have been great to be able to utilize it all. We really appreciated that the staff member at the end of the night (I am sorry I didn’t ask her name) who helped with centerpieces.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Stephanie H

We used Green Mill as our caterer this past weekend and could not be more pleased. We wanted a family style meal, which is one of the reasons we chose Green Mill. They served so much food that guests of mine who have all run events professionally texted during dinner to remark... Read More on how impressed they were! Not only was the quantity great, the quality was superb. We especially received a number of compliments on the beef and the spinach tortelloni. The service was excellent all night, and the table settings looked very classy. We loved having the option of colored napkins at no extra cost. Also, because we booked right after our tasting, Green Mill threw in free late night pizza delivery. This was a huge hit with our guests! The perfect way to end the night! Thank you, Green Mill!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Andria M

Green Mill was amazing to work with from beginning to end. We were married at Lowertown Event Center on 10/21/17, and every contact or question from Green Mill was perfect from start to finish. They were so kind and easy to work with, and everything went off without a hitch!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Ashley R

We had Green Mill cater our wedding on Oct. 14th of 2017. My husband and I absolutely loved the food and so did our guests. I couldn't believe how many of our guests came up to us to tell us how delicious dinner was. The service was flawless as well. There were no problems and... Read More Green Mill definitely helped make our day run smoothly.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Megan D

AMAZING food and great service! Everyone loved the food. Green Mill was super easy to work with.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Crystal A

The people we worked with and food we tried were all great, particularly the bar staff, they were very fun! Unfortunately, the day of our wedding they got both of the entrees that we had ordered wrong, however - their regional manager is working with us to make it right!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Amanda S

Green Mill was fantastic to work with!! Our contact was Sarah Carter and she was SO accommodating with answering all of my questions and addressing my concerns. The brunch buffet at our wedding turned out wonderfully and our guests raved about the food. Everything looked... Read More beautiful and service was seamless.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Michelle L

We used Green Mill catering for our September wedding. We opted for passed appetizers followed by plated meal (three choices) and late-night pizzas. Our initial meeting with Renee was perfect- we felt completely comfortable with the service we would receive and the food was... Read More outstanding. We even cancelled another tasting we had scheduled, to go with them. We loved everything we tried and had a hard time choosing our entrees. Prior to our wedding we were contacted by a different employee - Sarah, whom we met for our final meeting. We again felt good with the communication and while we received excellent comments on the food itself, there were some service issues that left us a little let down. During the setup, the night before, half empty salt and pepper shakers were set out on the table (very tacky) my daughters actually ordered salt and pepper through amazon to refill these the day of. The groom, who has a nut allergy, initially received the wrong entrée. When we found a server to get the correct entree, he was given the correct dinner, but with nuts. We again had to get a server’s attention and he was finally given the correct entrée, but with no potatoes - when I once again got the server there for the third time - she seemed annoyed and stated, “the note said no potatoes” to which I replied “no, the note said no nuts” and a short while later they brought him a side of potatoes. The next issue was the parent’s tables were not served next and they waited over half an hour, after we were served. While this may have been something we should have clarified with the servers more, we thought it was just a given. Nest issue - we had requested that the small cake be removed from our dessert table, after the cake cutting, and that plates be set out on the donut bar (which we had to pay extra for, as Green Mill didn’t do our dessert). My daughter and I had to remove the cake ourselves and set this aside on the table and not until several guests served themselves donuts using napkins, did we see a server to get our plates we paid for, set out. The final let down were the late night pizzas, although this was given to us at no cost, the pizzas were just set out near the kitchen entrance on a back dinner table. No one informed us they were there and we didn’t know until a few people realized there was pizza. All in all, we feel the food was excellent and a great value, but the service was lacking.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Tammy D

Green Mill did a wonderful job catering our wedding a couple weeks ago! Andrea was great to work with, very responsive and flexible when we wanted to change menu items. We did food stations rather than a traditional sit down meal, and it worked perfectly. We received excellent... Read More reviews from guests of the food, and the items I tasted myself were delicious! Thank you Green Mill for helping make our day so wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Andrea A

We had Green Mill cater our wedding last weekend and we could not be more pleased with our choice of having them provide the meals and service on our day. From the first time taste testing with Renee, we knew that we would be well taken care of. We had MANY guests rave about how... Read More great the food was at the wedding (which is something you don't usually hear many comments on when it comes to weddings). Renee was at the wedding and checked in on my husband and I multiple times throughout the night to see if they could get us anything at all. Our only regret when it came to the food was that we did not sit down and eat MORE of it. If we could do it all over again (which we wish we could) we would 100% choose Green Mill over and over again!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Selina M

Green Mill did an excellent job with our wedding food and bar service! We worked with Andrea at our tasting and to book the service.. then Katie was the manager on-site at our Wedding! They were both fantastic to work with :) We did the taco bar at our summer wedding and... Read More everyone said it was delicious! We also loved how they gave us flexibility in the bar service... we didn't like the idea of a totally open bar so we decided to pay for 1 keg + 18 bottles of wine for our guests... then when those ran out, it turned into a cash bar. The entire team was very professional and friendly! I was also super happy that they provided all our table linens + colored napkins for us. The room looked BEAUTIFUL. We definitely recommend working with Green Mill :)

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Amy A

Green Mill did a fantastic job at our wedding!!! Several people commented that it was the best wedding meal that they had EVER had- including our other vendors! We had a more difficult venue (garden, tent with no kitchen) and Green Mill made everything work smoothly and easily.... Read More We worked with Sarah and Katie and they both did a marvelous job throughout our whole wedding process. They were quick, pleasant, reliable, flexible and experienced when I threw dozens of questions in their direction! They worked cooperatively and smoothly with our other vendors for desserts and bartending and were overall so wonderful to work with. Green Mill also allowed me to decreased our invoice when we received back some last minute "not comings" and needed to decrease our head-count- something most other caterers are not willing to do! We appreciated that so much, and were able to save more money. Truly one of our best decisions of our wedding. We will be referring them to several other couples!!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Kaitlin S

Green Mill was great for our wedding on 7/21/2017. Our venue had either Green Mill or Sterling Catering as options and we went with Green Mill as it was a more affordable option. We did a taco bar and passed hor'd'vours and everyone loved the food. They were willing to work... Read More with us to provide a custom vegetarian taco filling option and made it easily available the day of. They also provided the alcohol for the evening. The bartender was friendly and helpful. Green Mill worked with the winery to put together a bar package that included their wine as well as beer/liquor options.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Alec J

We used Green Mill Catering at our wedding on 7/15/17 and we still can't get over how amazing the service and food was! The staff was prompt, and was very accommodating! Our guests have also expressed how fabulous the food was and it was the best food they've had at a wedding... Read More thus far! So impressed with Green Mill, hands down!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Andrea A

We booked Green Mill to both cater and do bar service at our recent wedding. My husband and I met in a Green Mill so when they were listed as an approved caterer for our venue, we didn't hesitate to schedule a tasting. The tasting was amazing! So much food and Renee was great... Read More to work with. We decided very quickly to book with them and Sarah was very quick to answer all of our questions. Service on wedding day was great and the food was delicious - the late night pizza snack was also an added bonus! They were also incredibly helpful with setting up and replenishing our dessert. Thank you, Green Mill!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Ashley

Extremely pleased with using Green Mill catering as our preferred venue choice on our Wedding Day June 16, 2017. The food was absolutely WONDERFUL and working with both Renee & Sarah was a breeze! I was told the late night pizzas were gone in an instant and everyone loved our... Read More salad and pasta dish choice. Family Style is the way to go future brides! It went so smoothly in serving! Our tables looked beautiful with the linens and all! I would highly recommend Green Mill as your first choice for your wedding day meal!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Mikayla N

Green Mill catering was fantastic to work with! The staff was very professional, friendly and attentive to details. Renee and Katie, our consultants, were fabulous and so incredibly helpful every step of the way. They both helped plan every detail and helped us with details that... Read More we didn't even think about. We had many compliments on the food and service. Katie answered every question and email very promptly. The butler passed appetizers were amazing and the butlers even went and served our guests outside. The absolutely vodka chicken and lasagne campanelle was absolutely wonderful and the late night pizzas were delicious! I would definitely recommend Green Mill to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Jennifer C

Green Mill was great! We originally were interested in their bar service and their catering service. We did a tasting at the St Paul Green Mill where our food would have been catered out of, and it was a great experience. They were very polite and all the food served to us was... Read More delicious and hot. Unfortunately due to cost (we had a smaller budget), we did not end up using them for food. However, we still booked them for bar service and had a combination of hosted beer and cash bar. The whole process of going back and forth with the food and bar quotes was not a big hassle at all, the emails were replied quickly and they were always happy to adjust my quote depending on what I wanted (and I was pretty indecisive). I worked with Renee and Katie on the quotes and they answered all my questions quickly. On the day of the wedding, the bartenders (two for a 110 person wedding) arrived on time and were professional, and everyone loved them and they poured drinks appropriately strong ;). They were quick to clean up after last call and everything was flawless!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Heather L

The food was amazing, as usual, but working with Sarah Carter made everything so easy! Everything went smoothly, servers and bartenders were great, and the food was delicious. We had many compliments about it all! thanks, Sarah!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Sarah S

Green Mill was the best choice we could have made for wedding day catering! We went with the buffet style meal with family style salads and it was a great choice. The food tasting sold us immediately, they set the bar high and made me want to cancel all other tastings we had ... Read More Sarah was great to work with in the weeks leading up to the event – I had so many random questions and she answered them quickly and thoroughly. Thank you everyone for making our day so delicious!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Jamee R

Green Mill catering was amazing to work with! The staff was very professional and attentive to details. Renee and Katie, our consultants, was incredible every step of the way. They both helped plan every detail and made sure our wedding was exactly the way we envisioned. We had... Read More many compliments on the food and service. Katie answered every question we came across the day of and she knew the answer to every question I had tomake sure the day went smoothly. The appetizers before hand were absolutely incredible!! The chicken Marsala was Devine and our cake was perfect! Definitely recommend Green Mill To anyone!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Lynn R

We held my daughter's wedding at Semple Mansion on January 21st and chose Green Mill catering for the food. Andrea was our contact person and was amazing to work with. She was flexible and patient with several changes in time, food and details. Her professionalism showed in... Read More every aspect of our communication and she was truly delightful to work with. I cannot say enough about her role in making our experience with Green Mill positive, stress free and memorable. I was also incredibly impressed with the team lead Colin. What a valuable employee. He was calm and executed the meal for 200+ seamlessly. He totally went the extra mile at the end of thee evening and volunteered to help us pack up. He was not required nor asked to stay but said he was happy to help. What a lovely way to end our collaboration with Green Mill Catering. I also had so many compliments on the food at the wedding. From the delicious caprese skewers, roast beef crostini and strawberry goat cheese crostini hors d'oeuvres to the main meals consisting of chicken picatta, salmon with dill sauce and Chianti beef tips. WOW! Every meal was outstanding. They beautifully presented, hot and presented by the respectful and competent wait staff. Numerous guests have shared this was the best food they have ever had a wedding. This is high praise Green Mill. Thank you for adding excellence to the evening.