It starts with a complimentary tasting...

and ends with an incredible dinner and a VERY happy couple. Looking for something a little different? Just ask. We specialize in special requests. Our staff is ready with everything you need: linens, napkins, china, glassware, coffee, etc. and complete set up & tear down. We can even bring the bar!

Cuisine

American, Italian

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

1342 Grand Ave, Saint Paul, MN (651) 203-3100
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Rachel G

Green Mill was awesome. Sarah was fantastic and answered all my questions before I even had to ask them. I had switched to a gluten-free diet after already booking them and they made sure to work with me. And they event brought one gluten-free pizza late at night for me. The... Read More initial food tasting sold us. Everything was delicious and there were so many options. And the pricing was great for the quality we got. It was all just so easy from the start and we didn't even bother going our other tastings. We actually cancelled those and went with Green Mill right away. I would recommend Green Mill to anyone who wants a caterer who is organized, quick to respond, and has delicious food. And our guests were raving about the dinner options and late-night pizzas.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Janet F

Highly Recommend! Sarah did a great job! From the tasting to the event I felt super comfortable. Sarah had all the details in order, so much so that on our wedding day she noticed the cake needed some help and touchups and had her staff fix it with frosting from the extra cake... Read More in the back...AWESOME! The food was fabulous and the guests raved about it! The staff was amazing! The event ran so smooth and the staffing lead was so helpful and asked me questions before I even had them. And our guests loved the bartenders. Thanks Green Mill!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Alec J

We used Green Mill Catering at our wedding on 7/15/17 and we still can't get over how amazing the service and food was! The staff was prompt, and was very accommodating! Our guests have also expressed how fabulous the food was and it was the best food they've had at a wedding... Read More thus far! So impressed with Green Mill, hands down!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Andrea A

We booked Green Mill to both cater and do bar service at our recent wedding. My husband and I met in a Green Mill so when they were listed as an approved caterer for our venue, we didn't hesitate to schedule a tasting. The tasting was amazing! So much food and Renee was great... Read More to work with. We decided very quickly to book with them and Sarah was very quick to answer all of our questions. Service on wedding day was great and the food was delicious - the late night pizza snack was also an added bonus! They were also incredibly helpful with setting up and replenishing our dessert. Thank you, Green Mill!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Ashley

Extremely pleased with using Green Mill catering as our preferred venue choice on our Wedding Day June 16, 2017. The food was absolutely WONDERFUL and working with both Renee & Sarah was a breeze! I was told the late night pizzas were gone in an instant and everyone loved our... Read More salad and pasta dish choice. Family Style is the way to go future brides! It went so smoothly in serving! Our tables looked beautiful with the linens and all! I would highly recommend Green Mill as your first choice for your wedding day meal!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Mikayla N

Green Mill catering was fantastic to work with! The staff was very professional, friendly and attentive to details. Renee and Katie, our consultants, were fabulous and so incredibly helpful every step of the way. They both helped plan every detail and helped us with details that... Read More we didn't even think about. We had many compliments on the food and service. Katie answered every question and email very promptly. The butler passed appetizers were amazing and the butlers even went and served our guests outside. The absolutely vodka chicken and lasagne campanelle was absolutely wonderful and the late night pizzas were delicious! I would definitely recommend Green Mill to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Jennifer C

Green Mill was great! We originally were interested in their bar service and their catering service. We did a tasting at the St Paul Green Mill where our food would have been catered out of, and it was a great experience. They were very polite and all the food served to us was... Read More delicious and hot. Unfortunately due to cost (we had a smaller budget), we did not end up using them for food. However, we still booked them for bar service and had a combination of hosted beer and cash bar. The whole process of going back and forth with the food and bar quotes was not a big hassle at all, the emails were replied quickly and they were always happy to adjust my quote depending on what I wanted (and I was pretty indecisive). I worked with Renee and Katie on the quotes and they answered all my questions quickly. On the day of the wedding, the bartenders (two for a 110 person wedding) arrived on time and were professional, and everyone loved them and they poured drinks appropriately strong ;). They were quick to clean up after last call and everything was flawless!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Heather L

The food was amazing, as usual, but working with Sarah Carter made everything so easy! Everything went smoothly, servers and bartenders were great, and the food was delicious. We had many compliments about it all! thanks, Sarah!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Sarah S

Green Mill was the best choice we could have made for wedding day catering! We went with the buffet style meal with family style salads and it was a great choice. The food tasting sold us immediately, they set the bar high and made me want to cancel all other tastings we had ... Read More Sarah was great to work with in the weeks leading up to the event – I had so many random questions and she answered them quickly and thoroughly. Thank you everyone for making our day so delicious!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Jamee R

Green Mill catering was amazing to work with! The staff was very professional and attentive to details. Renee and Katie, our consultants, was incredible every step of the way. They both helped plan every detail and made sure our wedding was exactly the way we envisioned. We had... Read More many compliments on the food and service. Katie answered every question we came across the day of and she knew the answer to every question I had tomake sure the day went smoothly. The appetizers before hand were absolutely incredible!! The chicken Marsala was Devine and our cake was perfect! Definitely recommend Green Mill To anyone!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Lynn R

We held my daughter's wedding at Semple Mansion on January 21st and chose Green Mill catering for the food. Andrea was our contact person and was amazing to work with. She was flexible and patient with several changes in time, food and details. Her professionalism showed in... Read More every aspect of our communication and she was truly delightful to work with. I cannot say enough about her role in making our experience with Green Mill positive, stress free and memorable. I was also incredibly impressed with the team lead Colin. What a valuable employee. He was calm and executed the meal for 200+ seamlessly. He totally went the extra mile at the end of thee evening and volunteered to help us pack up. He was not required nor asked to stay but said he was happy to help. What a lovely way to end our collaboration with Green Mill Catering. I also had so many compliments on the food at the wedding. From the delicious caprese skewers, roast beef crostini and strawberry goat cheese crostini hors d'oeuvres to the main meals consisting of chicken picatta, salmon with dill sauce and Chianti beef tips. WOW! Every meal was outstanding. They beautifully presented, hot and presented by the respectful and competent wait staff. Numerous guests have shared this was the best food they have ever had a wedding. This is high praise Green Mill. Thank you for adding excellence to the evening.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Megan R

Had to use Green Mill of Woodbury for the bar per our venue. Decided to do a tasting as well. We just wanted to do appetizers and gave a list of ones on their website that sounded good. I also shared that I was open to other ideas. We were served pot roast!! Obviously we decided... Read More to go with a different cater for the food. Our contact was not always detailed orientated . . . Prices given verbally not always the same on paper. We also rented pub tables from them and linens. Charged more for linens on pub tables even though they were the same linens used at the sit down tables. The pub tables were put together so they were not secure, if table was bumped or moved sometimes the top would come off. On the bright side the bartenders were wonderful. In retrospect I wish I would have chosen a different location and vendor. Prices are decent but not worth the hassle.

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Connor P

Green Mill did an awesome job catering our wedding on New Years Eve. The food was amazing, and the staff that partnered with us was friendly and easy to work with. We found that our guests really loved the different appetizers and pizzas that we had picked out, and Green Mill... Read More made it easy on us and delivered on all of our expectations. Overall, Green Mill was an excellent choice for our big day, and if we had to do it all over again we would definitely pick Green Mill again!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Nicole L

I worked with Renee and Sarah for the catering for my New Year's Eve wedding. I got so many compliments on our wedding food! The pot roast was a little unconventional for wedding food but everyone loved it and said it was by far the best wedding food they'd had. Green Mill also... Read More included late night pizza and made an extra effort to give my husband his late night nacho bar (really the only thing he really wanted). The food really was fantastic, the company was easy to work with, and the price was really very affordable (one of the cheapest I found!). I would absolutely recommend Green Mill Catering for food for really any event (not just weddings)!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Brooke D

Green Mill catered our wedding at Eagan Community Center on 1-7, and everything was fantastic. From the time we first arrived at our tasting, to them surprising me with the top tier of our wedding cake at the end of the night, they went out of their way to make my husband and I... Read More feel, well, catered to. I would highly recommend them to anyone, and would certainly use them again.

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 A B

I had my rehearsal dinner at Green Mill in St. Paul and they did a great job. They food and service were good.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Leslie Y

We were very pleased with their service and cratering for our 100th Gala to celebrate Charles Thompson Memorial Hall. We chose buffet style with 2 different kind of food and everyone liked it. Their service was excellent that included table setting, refilled food, clean-up, with... Read More out them we would not be able to do this.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Molly R

Green Mill was amazing!! We got so many compliments on how delicious the food was. Katie was fantastic to work with. She answered all of my questions right away and was a pleasure to work with. The entire serving staff/bartenders were polite and hardworking. I definitely... Read More recommend Green Mill catering for your next big event!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Nick C

Green Mill was great to work with! The initial tasting was wonderful and they were so helpful in the planning process. The night of, they provided a full staff and took great care of us. The food was amazing and everyone loved it!! Would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Amanda B

Green Mill catered both our food and bar at our wedding at the James J Hill Library and i received so many compliments from my guests on the food - some even saying that it was the best wedding food they had ever had! They were helpful at every step of the process and made... Read More everything as easy and simple to understand as possible. I would recommend them to any bride and groom. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

Green Mill did a great job catering our recent commencement ceremony for Le Cordon Bleu at the Eagan Community Center. Our contact was helpful throughout the entire planning stage and provided multiple helpful suggestions. The serving staff were very friendly and engaging and... Read More kept our guests continuously supplied with goodies. The feedback from the graduates, families and staff was all very positive and nearly all of the food was gone so I consider that excellent non-verbal confirmation! I would definitely use them again.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Val K

We chose Green Mill to cater our non-profit fundraiser. Renee and Katie were so patient and helpful with the planning and to help us reach a lower price point. We had a buffet with Lasagna Campanella & Chicken Picatta, salad, veggie medley, roasted rosemary potatoes, bread &... Read More butter. The food was fantastic! The staff at the event were awesome!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jeanne G

Green Mill Catering did a fantastic job at my daughter's wedding! They were knowledgeable and friendly during the planning process, giving us great recommendations. The day of the event their set up was beautiful, the food was excellent and the staff was friendly and helpful!... Read More Many of our guests complimented us on the tasty food! We would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Mattea A

Green Mill did a great job at our reception. Our guests raved about the food and their service was outstanding. They were easy to work with during planning and took excellent care of the wedding party as well as all of our guests.