It starts with a complimentary tasting...

and ends with an incredible dinner and a VERY happy couple. Looking for something a little different? Just ask. We specialize in special requests. Our staff is ready with everything you need: linens, napkins, china, glassware, coffee, etc. and complete set up & tear down. We can even bring the bar!

Cuisine

American, Italian

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

1342 Grand Ave, Saint Paul, MN (651) 203-3100
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Rachel G

Green Mill was awesome. Sarah was fantastic and answered all my questions before I even had to ask them. I had switched to a gluten-free diet after already booking them and they made sure to work with me. And they event brought one gluten-free pizza late at night for me. The... Read More initial food tasting sold us. Everything was delicious and there were so many options. And the pricing was great for the quality we got. It was all just so easy from the start and we didn't even bother going our other tastings. We actually cancelled those and went with Green Mill right away. I would recommend Green Mill to anyone who wants a caterer who is organized, quick to respond, and has delicious food. And our guests were raving about the dinner options and late-night pizzas.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Janet F

Highly Recommend! Sarah did a great job! From the tasting to the event I felt super comfortable. Sarah had all the details in order, so much so that on our wedding day she noticed the cake needed some help and touchups and had her staff fix it with frosting from the extra cake... Read More in the back...AWESOME! The food was fabulous and the guests raved about it! The staff was amazing! The event ran so smooth and the staffing lead was so helpful and asked me questions before I even had them. And our guests loved the bartenders. Thanks Green Mill!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Lynn R

We held my daughter's wedding at Semple Mansion on January 21st and chose Green Mill catering for the food. Andrea was our contact person and was amazing to work with. She was flexible and patient with several changes in time, food and details. Her professionalism showed in... Read More every aspect of our communication and she was truly delightful to work with. I cannot say enough about her role in making our experience with Green Mill positive, stress free and memorable. I was also incredibly impressed with the team lead Colin. What a valuable employee. He was calm and executed the meal for 200+ seamlessly. He totally went the extra mile at the end of thee evening and volunteered to help us pack up. He was not required nor asked to stay but said he was happy to help. What a lovely way to end our collaboration with Green Mill Catering. I also had so many compliments on the food at the wedding. From the delicious caprese skewers, roast beef crostini and strawberry goat cheese crostini hors d'oeuvres to the main meals consisting of chicken picatta, salmon with dill sauce and Chianti beef tips. WOW! Every meal was outstanding. They beautifully presented, hot and presented by the respectful and competent wait staff. Numerous guests have shared this was the best food they have ever had a wedding. This is high praise Green Mill. Thank you for adding excellence to the evening.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Megan R

Had to use Green Mill of Woodbury for the bar per our venue. Decided to do a tasting as well. We just wanted to do appetizers and gave a list of ones on their website that sounded good. I also shared that I was open to other ideas. We were served pot roast!! Obviously we decided... Read More to go with a different cater for the food. Our contact was not always detailed orientated . . . Prices given verbally not always the same on paper. We also rented pub tables from them and linens. Charged more for linens on pub tables even though they were the same linens used at the sit down tables. The pub tables were put together so they were not secure, if table was bumped or moved sometimes the top would come off. On the bright side the bartenders were wonderful. In retrospect I wish I would have chosen a different location and vendor. Prices are decent but not worth the hassle.

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Connor P

Green Mill did an awesome job catering our wedding on New Years Eve. The food was amazing, and the staff that partnered with us was friendly and easy to work with. We found that our guests really loved the different appetizers and pizzas that we had picked out, and Green Mill... Read More made it easy on us and delivered on all of our expectations. Overall, Green Mill was an excellent choice for our big day, and if we had to do it all over again we would definitely pick Green Mill again!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Nicole L

I worked with Renee and Sarah for the catering for my New Year's Eve wedding. I got so many compliments on our wedding food! The pot roast was a little unconventional for wedding food but everyone loved it and said it was by far the best wedding food they'd had. Green Mill also... Read More included late night pizza and made an extra effort to give my husband his late night nacho bar (really the only thing he really wanted). The food really was fantastic, the company was easy to work with, and the price was really very affordable (one of the cheapest I found!). I would absolutely recommend Green Mill Catering for food for really any event (not just weddings)!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Brooke D

Green Mill catered our wedding at Eagan Community Center on 1-7, and everything was fantastic. From the time we first arrived at our tasting, to them surprising me with the top tier of our wedding cake at the end of the night, they went out of their way to make my husband and I... Read More feel, well, catered to. I would highly recommend them to anyone, and would certainly use them again.

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 A B

I had my rehearsal dinner at Green Mill in St. Paul and they did a great job. They food and service were good.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Leslie Y

We were very pleased with their service and cratering for our 100th Gala to celebrate Charles Thompson Memorial Hall. We chose buffet style with 2 different kind of food and everyone liked it. Their service was excellent that included table setting, refilled food, clean-up, with... Read More out them we would not be able to do this.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Molly R

Green Mill was amazing!! We got so many compliments on how delicious the food was. Katie was fantastic to work with. She answered all of my questions right away and was a pleasure to work with. The entire serving staff/bartenders were polite and hardworking. I definitely... Read More recommend Green Mill catering for your next big event!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Nick C

Green Mill was great to work with! The initial tasting was wonderful and they were so helpful in the planning process. The night of, they provided a full staff and took great care of us. The food was amazing and everyone loved it!! Would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Amanda B

Green Mill catered both our food and bar at our wedding at the James J Hill Library and i received so many compliments from my guests on the food - some even saying that it was the best wedding food they had ever had! They were helpful at every step of the process and made... Read More everything as easy and simple to understand as possible. I would recommend them to any bride and groom. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

Green Mill did a great job catering our recent commencement ceremony for Le Cordon Bleu at the Eagan Community Center. Our contact was helpful throughout the entire planning stage and provided multiple helpful suggestions. The serving staff were very friendly and engaging and... Read More kept our guests continuously supplied with goodies. The feedback from the graduates, families and staff was all very positive and nearly all of the food was gone so I consider that excellent non-verbal confirmation! I would definitely use them again.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Val K

We chose Green Mill to cater our non-profit fundraiser. Renee and Katie were so patient and helpful with the planning and to help us reach a lower price point. We had a buffet with Lasagna Campanella & Chicken Picatta, salad, veggie medley, roasted rosemary potatoes, bread &... Read More butter. The food was fantastic! The staff at the event were awesome!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jeanne G

Green Mill Catering did a fantastic job at my daughter's wedding! They were knowledgeable and friendly during the planning process, giving us great recommendations. The day of the event their set up was beautiful, the food was excellent and the staff was friendly and helpful!... Read More Many of our guests complimented us on the tasty food! We would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Mattea A

Green Mill did a great job at our reception. Our guests raved about the food and their service was outstanding. They were easy to work with during planning and took excellent care of the wedding party as well as all of our guests.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016

Green Mill catered our non-profit fundraiser for over 300 attendees for at least the third year in a row (if not longer). I worked with Renee and Katie, who were both very helpful during the planning for the event, as well as during the actual event. One of the highlights was... Read More the spinach dip appetizer.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Ally W

We had amazing service from the beginning. Renee was very accommodating during our tasting because we let her know that we had a couple vegetarians and a guest that needed a gluten free meal. The best part about our tasting was that we were able to bring any left overs home and... Read More we shared them with our family. Communication with Renee and Katie via email was very professional and they were very quick at responding to any questions we had. The day of our wedding went perfect with catering. The display was beautifully done and the food was amazing!!! Our guests gave us so many compliments on the vodka chicken (my favorite) and mostaccioli. If you are looking for catering, choose Green Mill, they will not disappoint!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Tasha S

Green Mill did a fantastic job as my caterer for my wedding. From the initial tasting, though the planning and scheduling, down to the big day, they were phenomenal. All of my guests commented on how good the food was. The on-site team was incredibly attentive and responsive,... Read More and made sure everything was perfect! Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Jessica B

Green Mill was fabulous! We felt that both Renee and Sarah were very easy to work with and super helpful. We had lots of guests compliment us on the food and the service was amazing as well. We would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Julie C

Green Mill was wonderful! We were thrilled that we were able to have our favorite chicken parmesan meal, even though that was not a usual choice. The portion sizes were large enough to make sure everyone had enough to eat! Our favorite thing by far though had to be the... Read More appetizers. The chicken skewers and strawberry goat cheese bruchetta were amazing! A huge thank you to Katie and the catering crew who made our day perfect!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Ana B

Green Mill catered our wedding reception as well as provided the bar service, which was very convenient. They were the only tasting that we did because the food was so phenomenal that we knew we wanted them instantly! We chose the battered walleye, chicken marsala, beans, mashed... Read More potatoes, and a few amazing appetizers, and our guests raved about how delicious is was!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Katie G

Everything was great tasting. Our food turned out a little differently than what we had originally tasted, but it was good nonetheless! The bar service was great, and guests really enjoyed the space.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Jenna B

We had the pleasure to work with Renee and Katie. Their level of service was absolutely amazing. They were amazingly flexible and accommodating along the entire process. The GMC crew at the reception was also excellent - Very polite, smart and professional. Their interaction... Read More with the guests was excellent - we had no issues. The only thing that we noticed was the fact that the carrots were hard, putting that aside, the food was so good and exactly how it was presented during the tasting. On the other hand, I was not impressed at all with the accounting department at GMC, they seem to be unorganized and need to step up to the plate as they are affecting the hard work that the front end employees are achieving. In summary, I would definitely recommend GMC, you won't be disappointed!