heartfelt & timeless photojournalism

Here's how we see it: it's our job to deliver a product, no matter what it is, that is genuine, rich, and timeless. Whether that’s a photograph, an album layout, or even just a conversation. We'll settle for nothing less than authentic storytelling. If you like what you see, let's grab coffee and talk about your ideas!

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Liz H

I don't know where to begin. Kate is nothing short of amazing! She is super creative but also really organized (which I greatly appreciated since I was planning our wedding out of state). She's easy to get ahold of/responds quickly to emails (she even put together our timeline 9... Read More months prior to our date! Yes, she's that good!). Mike and her have a great working relationship and made my husband and I feel comfortable in front of the camera (I actually forgot they were there sometimes, they did a really great job capturing our wedding day without making it feel stressful or rushed). Picking Kate and Mike is an easy choice :)

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Cynthia W

I had such a wonderful experience working with Kate. From the beginning, Kate was so easy and enjoyable to work with. She communicated well and was also friendly and professional. Kate took photos at a family celebration for our wedding - so not a typical wedding set-up. She had... Read More to be even more flexible and do a lot of improvising. Kate's talent really shined - she took the most beautiful photos inside and outdoors, posed pictures, candids, stills, etc. She was even able to get some adorable pictures of 5 children, 3 and under, who weren't particularly happy that evening. She absolutely did a fantastic job, and I would not hesitate to recommend her to friends and family. Kate captured some very special memories, and we are so grateful.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Allison D

Kate and Mike were wonderful. We were hesitant to do an engagement photo session because we didn't know if we needed so many photos but we are so glad that we did. Not only were the photos amazing and something we will treasure forever, it also made us so much more comfortable... Read More on the day of the wedding. We knew that we could trust Kate and Mike to capture exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend them for any occasion!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Seth O

Kate and Mike are the best. They are organized, punctual, and incredibly talented. We receive many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos and their ability to capture the moment takes us back to our wedding day each time we look at our photos. Can not recommend this... Read More team enough!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Christina O

Kate is absolutely amazing! Our pictures look so perfect and are exactly what we wanted. We love how creative Kate is with her work and she captured so many amazing moments for us. Not only are they great at what they do, but they are also awesome people to have around on your... Read More big day. Kate and Mike make an excellent team, and we would use them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Melissa E

Greybird did our wedding this summer, plus we live in Texas but got married in Ohio, they were super easy to work with long distance and they did a fantastic job the day of the wedding. We are very happy with all our photos & memories. I would hire them again!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Penny B

As a parent, on your daughters wedding day, you want everything to be perfect for them. Mike and Kate fulfilled this wish with their photography! They were so easy going and always in the right place for those great photos, capturing special moments between everyone. They... Read More truly made the day incredible! Awesome team of two! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Ashley B

Kate and Mike were such a pleasure to work with - both are incredibly personable and professional. They made us feel at ease and we knew right away that we wanted them to photograph our special day. We had a fairly good idea of what we wanted in our pictures, but Kate had such... Read More wonderful ideas of additional ways to capture various moments of the wedding ceremony and our reception. They did a great job of keeping us on time to ensure that there was an opportunity to photograph each special moment that we wanted throughout the day. Our wedding pictures were gorgeous...even better than we had hoped for. The challenge will be picking which photos to print! Such a positive experience...would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017

Kate & Mike were absolutely great on our wedding day & the photos are stunning. They did a perfect job of capturing the candid moments of the evening & made everything very low stress.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Eleni H

We couldn't have asked for better photographers. They are so laid back and easy to work with. Our wedding pictures are some of the most original, beautiful shots I've seen. We can't believe they are ours! Could not recommend them enough.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Jesse H

Kate and Mike are incredible photographers and captured our big day perfectly. We honestly didn't have one bad picture. Kate was great at making sure we stayed on schedule. They were both so creative in using different areas of our hotel and venue for backdrops. I can't... Read More recommend them enough.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Nisha V

We worked with Kate & Mike for our wedding photos a couple of weeks ago. They were absolutely wonderful to work with! Not only is Kate organized, professional and talented- but she and Mike were just easy to talk to and made us feel comfortable along the way. We had a large... Read More wedding with lots of family portraits- Kate and Mike kept their cool while trying to organize the large group. Kate had a smile on her face even when things got stressful! Even my guests commented about their professionalism and friendly personalities. I had a bit of an issue with another photobooth vendor just weeks before the wedding...Kate came to my rescue just in the nick of time. I ended up using Greybird's photo booth. We are beyond amazed at how beautiful our photobooth pictures turned out. We can't wait to see our wedding photos! Thanks so much, Kate & Mike! We will keep spreading the word about your amazing work!!! :)

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Marcie F

Kate and Mike are wonderful to work with! Just the preview photo of our engagement shoot has me over the moon excited for how great my wedding photos are going to be! And if their work wasn't enough incentive to choose them (seriously, choose them!) they are one of the only... Read More photographers in the Central Ohio area to actually include a tangible item in their wedding package!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Paige H

Kate and Mike are wonderful! They truly take the time to get to know each of their clients and take phenomenal photos! If you're looking for a wedding photographer, you can 100% trust them to provide an incredible experience. I promise that when your engagement/wedding photos... Read More are done, you'll walk away with two new friends!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kelsey A

Kate is wonderful to work with - we are not very good models, but our pictures turned out AMAZING because she made us feel so comfortable. Other photographers I looked at seemed to use the same shot list for every wedding, but Mike and Kate really focus on capturing the emotion... Read More and the magic of the day. They were also extremely organized and "managed" us leading up to and during the big day, which is something I came to appreciate juggling all these different vendors and deadlines. We also got our photos back in a very reasonable time frame as promised! Working with them was a pleasure and the photos we have from our engagement shoot and wedding day are absolutely priceless - one of the best planning decisions I made.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Amy S

I have nothing bad to say about Greybird Galleries. I only had the pleasure of working with Kate and I felt she did an outstanding job! She was great at putting us all at ease and was able to capture the essence of the day perfectly. I would definitely recommend them to anyone... Read More looking for a photographer!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Molly J

Kate and Mike are fantastic! I can't thank them enough for their work on our engagement session and our wedding photos. My husband and I are not photogenic and are uncomfortable in front of a camera. Kate and Mike made us feel so comfortable and were able to capture such... Read More beautiful images we could not be more impressed or happier with their work. I refer every person I know to them. Thank you Kate and Mike for everything and we can't wait to call you for another photo session soon!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Karlie B

My new husband and I loved working with Kate and Mike! They are true professionals, while still making you feel completely comfortable and at ease. Our engagement pictures were stunning and I cannot wait to see the pictures from our wedding! Kate was very organized on the... Read More wedding day, which made family photos quick and easy. I highly recommend Greybird Galleries and will be using them again in the future!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kate T

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this duo! From the moment we decided to book with Greybird Galleries, we knew we were in good hands. Photos were one of the few things I did not stress about one bit during the whole wedding process. Kate and Mike made the day go so... Read More smoothly. I can't stress how important it is to have a good plan on the day of the wedding to make sure you get all of your photos done, and Kate's attention to detail and organization were on point! We were on a time crunch with what we wanted to get done, and somehow Kate and Mike managed to make it work and we have some amazing pictures to show for it. I would highly recommend Greybird galleries to anyone looking for a photographer! Thank you both so much for a fantastic (stress free) day!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Olivia H

I wish I could give Kate and Mike 10 stars! The first time I met Kate we completely clicked and I knew she would be the perfect person to help me through this wedding process. She came to our first meeting with a wedding timeline and walked through an example of the day with us... Read More which completely impressed me. Then through the planning process she gave me tips, examples and calmed me down when I was stressing. By the time the wedding came I felt like I had a close friend as my photographer and not just someone I was paying to take photos. Throughout the day/night Kate & Mike captured the exact weird goofiness that is me & my husband. Then when we had a medical emergency at the wedding they stayed an extra hour so I could compose myself for a sneak away. Then when the photos came out I was blown away! They captured every beautiful moment. The photos were so stunning and they captured more action shots which I LOVE! I cannot say enough about Greybird Galleries and how amazing they are at their jobs. You would be nuts to hire anyone else!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Bethany T

From our initials email correspondence Greybird Galleries has blown me away with their professionalism. Kate is such an asset to any bride, her organization and attention to detail makes the experience a breeze. Working as a team, Kate and Mike are excellent photographers. I had... Read More some concerns about specific angles being flattering and they knew exactly how to capture the image, making me feel flawless. Our engagement session felt like we were shooting with old friends. During our wedding, they were efficient and relaxed. I could not have asked for better experience. The best part? Our photos from both the engagement session and our wedding are FLAWLESS. They captured our spirit and love. We could not be happier. ❤️

Reviewed on 5/29/2016 Nicole C

Kate and Mike are simply the best. Coming from an extremely outgoing bride and an extremely introverted groom I will say he was more impatient about getting our pictures back than I was! You cannot do any better. I'm telling you, do not look anywhere else! They are so laid back... Read More and easy going but do amazing work. They treated us like friends from the very beginning. We love you Kate and Mike!! -The Fergusons

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Carly B

Greybird Galleries has exceeded my expectations and the wedding hasn't even happened yet! We received the link to our engagement session photos a few days ago and I can't stop looking at them! Kate and Mike are amazing and so very talented. They were more than willing to... Read More travel a little bit to our beloved Alma Mater in Athens, Ohio (Go Bobcats) for our engagement photos. Despite our nerves, Kate and Mike were able to make the whole process seem so easy. We really enjoyed our session and getting to know these 2 before our big day. Since sharing the photos with family and friends, we have received countless compliments and inquiries about our photographer. We are so excited for the big day and to see what these 2 can do!

Reviewed on 12/18/2015 Lauren W

THE BEST! You don't even need to read anymore-- just book! Worth every penny!! I used Kate and Mike for both our engagement photos and wedding photos. The attention to detail is amazing. They make you feel so special and you will have so much fun with them!! Kate and Mike... Read More helped get our timeline down for the wedding and went over all details ahead of time which really helped me finish the wedding planning process. On such a stressful day as a wedding I was so happy we did an engagement shoot as an icebreaker. It really helps to get to know them and for them to get to know you to figure out what you like the best. All of our photos are amazing and I am beyond grateful! Our grandma recently passed away and we are so happy they got great photos of the family and special candid's of grandparents. Just the best!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Marissa M

From the moment I saw Greybird Galleries' photos (on The Knot, actually!), I knew they had the style and skill we wanted for our wedding. Kate and Mike were so much fun and total pros to work with-- from getting all the shots we wanted and making us feel comfortable during our... Read More engagement photos to keeping us on schedule on our wedding day and not minding when our family members accosted them for unscheduled photos. :) Kate was a dream during the wedding-planning process, always there to answer questions and provide advice on the wedding-day schedule, bridal party photo locations and everything else. She always put me at ease and was an extra assurance that everything would run smoothly on the day. Now that it's all over, we are so happy with our photos and the way that every one tells a story. Kate and Mike captured so many amazing memories (candid moments, goofy faces and artistic shots) from our wedding day and we can't recommend them enough!

Kate + Mike

I'm Kate, an animal-loving vegetarian fueled by yoga and large amounts of coffee. I've always been a creator, artist, and photographer, but I'm classically trained as a designer. I am always starting random projects, saying yes too much, and tearing the house apart even though messes drive me insane. While greybird may have been my brainchild, Mike's the reason we're still standing. As he would say, I'm the heart and he's the brain. He's the steady conscience and the voice of reason. My partner in crime, amazing second shooter, and our lighting expert.