Greystone Mansion

Traverse City, MI

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Greystone Mansion

Say your wedding vows in Greystone Mansion's beautiful garden and then continue the celebration in our spacious and elegant ballroom! Greystone Mansion is the perfect venue for your Northern Michigan Wedding. Our all-inclusive wedding package, makes wedding planning easy and stress free!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Estate

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

13996 Honor Highway, Traverse City, MI

Outstanding Venue

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Katie p

They had a HUGE food selection to choose from. We attend the open houses to help decide which dishes to pick. THe staff was awesome and friendly, the owner was SUPER helpful in helping us via suggestions or examples from previous weddings. The DJ came with the venue which wasn't... Read More my prefered arrangement, however he ended up being AMAZING!!! Overall I would recommend this place to anyone. 10/10.

PERFECT reception

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 BriAnn S

Bob and Jo went over the top for my husband and my wedding reception at their Honor reception hall. They accommodated us in every way possible and made every detail come to life :) The food was fan freaking tastic and we highly recommend the Mac and cheese!!!! The DJ had the... Read More floor full all night for every music preference and era of guests. A+ all the way and Thank you SO much!!!!

Beautiful Outdoor Wedding

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Nicole B

Everything for our wedding was perfect! Bob and Jo are so helpful and flexible with planning. We planned it from out of state (dealing with a three hour time difference) and they made it a breeze! They cover everything, lay out all pricing and extras in the package, and are... Read More happy to answer any questions. The value is incredible with pretty much everything included (which again, planning from out of state was a blessing!) Their entire staff is friendly and helpful. LOVED the private bridal suite! Our wedding ran perfectly (thanks to our day of coordinator - included!), was everything we hoped for, and our guests had a wonderful time. We got tons of compliments on the food and the DJ. The attention to specific things we asked for was impeccable and the location is so beautiful! The gardens are amazing, and it is a short shuttle ride (which you can add on for a very reasonable price) to the beach (gorgeous beach pictures!). We also loved that we could bring our own alcohol (used Honor Family Market and highly recommend). This allowed us to have a Michigan themed bar featuring all Michigan beers and wines. Plus, this made the bar cost much cheaper and we got to keep left overs! I also loved that we were the only wedding going on. It felt so personal and so special. We could not have been happier with any aspect of the wedding on their end. Thank you to everyone at Greystone Mansion, we would do it all over again!

Review Of Greystone Mansion

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

We just had our wedding two days ago on Sept 12, 2015 at Greystone Mansion. I can't say enough how PERFECT everything was!! We had our ceremony outside in their beautiful garden. (There's also an indoor chapel in case of bad weather) which is really nice! The staff was amazing!... Read More They did everything to ensure our day was perfect! Greystone provided all the food and the bartender and the DJ. Who were all super great!! I could go on and on but, in short I highly recommend this wedding venue to anyone looking for a budget friendly beautiful awesome venue!! We couldn't be happier and wouldn't have changed a thing!

So glad we chose Greystone Mansion!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Sydney M

My daughter was married Sept. 12, 2015 in a ceremony in the gardens at Greystone, and the reception was also held onsite in the Greystone ballroom. The gardens are beautiful, but if it had rained, there is also a chapel onsite that would have provided a seamless back-up plan.I... Read More cannot say enough about what this venue provides . . . a beautiful setting both inside and out, a spacious bridal room, a children's room that was well utilized during our reception, a delicious and plentiful food buffet at a better price per plate than I found elsewhere in our area,all china, linens and table centerpieces,a certified bartender, a very talented and responsive DJ, a low-key but very effective security person, bar snacks and several mixers and non-alcoholic beverage options, set up and clean up, including packaging all the leftover food and cake for us to take home (yummy!) and incredibly attentive and responsive service by all staff members.The only additional services we engaged was a florist, a baker for the wedding cake,a photographer and videographer. Greystone even helped us find an officiant! As a result, we were able to enjoy our special day and our guests without worrying about every detail.They even cut and plated the cake for us! I highly recommend Greystone -- a high quality, high value venue for your ceremony and reception that takes a lot of the work and worry out of planning your big event! Thank you Bob and the whole team at Greystone! If I had any more daughters, they would be getting married at Greystone!

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Stephanie T

I will start off by saying the planning process with Bob & Jo was very easy and stress free. They did a good job at communicating with us and responded quickly to our many questions. The venue was decorated beautifully for our wedding. We had the roast beef and chicken piccata... Read More for our entrees and would recommend both. The DJ was just okay in my opinion...he was very kind but I was disappointed that he didn't have more guests out on the dance floor. The day of the wedding didn't go as smoothly as we had hoped. I felt like my husband and I were gathering guests to come inside for first dances, I had to go outside myself to find guests standing in the dark before I realized no staff member had turned on the outside light for them. I just felt like the coordination could have gone smoother. We also had a few complaints such as the wrong song being played when we were announced as husband and wife and the bartenders serving shots when we requested no shots at our reception. Also, it was very uncomfortably hot in the venue. Overall minus those few things we were pleased with the venue and had a great wedding.

Greystone Mansion of Honor MI

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

My husband and I had our wedding in the garden at Greystone Mansion in Honor Michigan on August 8th, 2015. Everything went perfect, and the best part was I didn't have to worry about anything. All my vendors including the florist, photographer, cake lady, and photo booth were... Read More directed by my wedding coordinator (Kay) who took care of everything while I was getting ready in the bridal suite. The food was delicious! Everybody was telling me it was the best meal they had ever had at a wedding. The venue even allowed us to bring in our own alcohol which saved us a ton of money! After looking at most venues in western and northern Michigan I can tell you that Greystone Mansion has the best package for your money. They include catering, DJ service, a Ceremony venue, Reception venue, and their own center pieces. Extra decorations and a shuttle service for your guests can be added for a little extra, which I am glad I took advantage of because my guests were able to drink and get a safe ride back to their hotels (including me and my husband who were the last to leave). I didn't have to worry about renting china, or table clothes, or white chairs for the ceremony because it was all included and set up for me. We got to take home the extra food and alcohol and didn't have to worry about cleaning up afterward. Bob, Jo, and Kay really have the experience and knowledge to help you plan your dream wedding. Bob answered every question I had, had suggestions about the best vendors, and he also helped us plan our honeymoon to an all inclusive Sandals resort. I am more then satisfied with my wedding, it was the best day of my life and the staff at Greystone made it so easy. People always warned me to "just elope" and "weddings are a nightmare to plan", but my wedding was not like that, it was beautiful, stress free, and I'll always remember it as the best day of my life. The only thing I had to stress about was whether or not it was going to rain. It didn't, but even if it had the venue has it's own indoor chapel as a back up plan. They really have thought of everything! I 100% recommend them to anyone who is looking for a venue in west Michigan, they will help you stay within your budget and make your wedding day beautiful and just the way you want it.

Beautiful Yet Disappointed

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Heather F

First of all, my wedding was beautiful, & Greystone is a gorgeous venue. Food was delicious & fun was had by all. The convenience of having the venue do the catering, DC, & many reception details was perfect. With that being said, when I initially was considering Greystone, some... Read More of the biggest selling points were the convenience of an inclusive package & how flexible & easy Bob was to work with. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Bob's willingness to work with us decreased. During our meeting 3 weeks prior, he was strongly encouraging us to organize the room & include elements with which I was not comfortable (e.g., a fog machine use on the dance floor & placing the band in the corner with tables between them & the dance floor). The day was beautiful from my perspective & the on-site coordinator was extremely accommodating for me; however, after the fact I learned that both Bob & the on-site coordinator were quite rude to multiple family members & friends who were assisting with setup. Finally, the DJ, John, was terrible. We had hired a band, & thank goodness! For the first several seconds of the Daddy-Daughter dance, the TV screens sat at a menu while the song played instead of beginning the carefully constructed photo slideshow, he did not play the songs we asked, & one song was clearly played from youtube as there was a commercial that played prior to the song beginning. I think this is completely unacceptable from a venue wanting to be the best in Northern Michigan. Overall, I think that these issues were not apparent to almost everyone there; however, it was extremely disappointing to hear negative feedback from those close to me.

Reviewed on 6/19/2015 Emily M

We planned a wedding out of state and They made it so easy! It's great that it's an All inclusive wedding package. We only had to worry about the cake and photographer. The food was to die for! You have to get the mac n cheese! Nothing that we ordered was nad. Also they package... Read More the left over food so you can bring it home! They really went out of their way to make sure your day is perfect. The dj was awesome too! Wish I could remember his name because he did such an awesome job keeping dacing going all night long! We got married outside and the service was beautiful. The venue is beautiful inside and out. If your thinking of booking a wedding you NEED to just book greystone. You won't be disappointed :)

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Cassondra M

Our wedding was in late October, and was absolutely wonderful! The Greystone Mansion provides top quality services such as wedding rehearsal/day coordinators, Catering (with amazing selection of foods for the buffet), Glass, China, and Color coordinated table cloths for the... Read More Table sets, Decorations including candles and table centerpieces, and Inside and Outside ceremony site, Ballroom, Bartender, DJ service (which was also perfect!) and the owners are easy to contact and easy to talk to about planning your wedding, via Email, Phone and Text. Everything was included in an easy package! All we had to provide ourselves was the minister, cake and photographer. Beautiful outdoor fountains and landscaping for photos, a bridal suite for pre-ceremony and reception use, and a room for children to play with toys. We had around 90 guests and it was very comfortable, it was not crowded at all. There are several near by hotel/motels/cabins/campgrounds for out of town guests. I highly recommend this venue/catering/DJ and ceremony site for your wedding and reception! Great value compared to other locations in the Traverse City area/Northern Michigan.

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

If you want an uncomplicated wedding from start to finish this is the place! I live down state and Bob the owner made it so easy to do everything. I went in one time to look at everything then handled the rest with him over the phone and through email. It was very easy and not... Read More stressful at all. It is absolutely beautiful inside and if you choose to get married in the garden (which we did) you shouldn't even have to buy any extra decorations or flowers. They included much more than other halls, the DJ was included as well as most of the decorations. Kay the wedding coordinator was amazing! She went above and beyond for us. I didn't have much to add to the reception and she added everything she could think of, from lights behind our head table to adding to the center pieces, and even getting us cupcake stands for our cupcakes (we had cupcakes instead of a cake). She made the entire day run so smoothly. The other help was very nice as well. We actually didn't even try the food before the wedding either but luckily it was so good everyone loved it. All weddings can get expensive though and if you choose to add the other things they offer the price can add up. We only paid for 100 guests and I was very careful and didn't add very much extra stuff. Alcohol also isn't included. They also had some rules that I wasn't expecting like no bubbles or confetti or rice to shower the bride and groom with after the wedding, not a big deal but just fyi. We also had a candy table and after we had already bought the candy for it found out we couldn't have gum. Just be sure to check and see what they don't allow, I don't think its much just stuff that might make a mess.But overall it was an amazing day I have no complaints it couldn't have been better. I would absolutely recommend this hall to other brides!

Must have

Reviewed on 10/12/2014

We couldn't be happier and very glad to have chosen them!

The best wedding venue in Northern Michigan

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

Wow, what can I say! Bob and jo made our wedding day absolutely perfect. The atmosphere of this venue is very romantic and classy. Jo had everything planned and executed without a single issue. The ceremony was outside and the gardens and landscaping is gorgeous! They even have... Read More an indoor chapel in case of bad weather, they've thought of EVERYTHING! Our reception was awesome, Bob and Jo kept on top of everything and made sure at all times we were enjoying our day. The food was ridiculously good and the service by their employees was exceptional. I cannot say enough good things about this venue and the owners. You will not go wrong having your wedding here, they have it all!!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Karen K

One of the most beautiful places in the area for a wedding. We have been to many weddings. Greystone Mansion is elegant. The food was amazing.

A Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 9/22/2014

Our daughter dreamed of a fairy tale wedding, but even if she hadn't, when we walked in that room it seemed like it was a dream, it was that beautiful! The setting is so elegant and Greystone makes the room come alive with detail. White table cloths with lavender sashes,... Read More candles floating in tall cylinders of water, candelabras on the head table with garlands of pretty lights are just a few of the beautiful decorations to make that night one she will never forget! The food was delicious and the guests were raving over it. We enjoyed several appetizers while the wedding party were out taking pictures and especially liked the stuffed florentine mushroom caps, excellent! The mac and cheese is creamy and delicious, a must order, as were the stuffed shells and cherry glazed carrots, cherry bbq chicken and well everything we ordered was delicious! It was all served on beautiful china, extra nice! A wonderful perk is that Bob packages up all the leftovers for you and we were able to enjoy a post-wedding supper with the bride and groom and some of their wedding party that were still in town. We all had a wonderful relaxed dinner and could enjoy the wedding supper all over again, a special treat for the bride and groom who were too excited and therefore barely ate at the wedding. We are so blessed to have such a beautiful and affordable venue for an event that lasts a lifetime in our memories. The venue is high style and budget friendly. Bob generously allows you to bring your own alcohol, but provides full bar service to pamper your guests. When I looked up other sites they charged $70.00 just for one bottle of champagne! With the ability to bring our own, we had lots of fun wine tasting on the peninsula and then bought our unanimous favorite sparkling wine, Brix, from Bowers Harbor Vineyard for the toast. We went the extra for glass flutes, as a special toast is just not right in plastic! The layout of the room, the service, the beauty of the venue, was all so perfect it was our first stop and our last. We never had to look further and we are not sorry we didn't. Our only regret is that it rained and we could not utilize the beautiful garden for the ceremony. But Bob and Kay were quick with the backup chapel and it was lovely. Thankfully the sun was out later for pictures in the garden. It was a turnkey wedding that gave us a relaxing evening and the guests could enjoy the party without concern about driving home as we enlisted the services of the shuttle to see them safely to the hotel. Many thanks to the shuttle driver, the wedding party said he was so nice!! Kingsley Cakes made a beautiful, delicious cake and Ron Getz played amazing guitar. The Blossom Shop, always our favorite florist, did not disappoint us; the flowers were beautiful. And our photographer, Cindy K Hughes, knows the area well, is great fun to work with, and her engagement photo shoot was so nice that I can't wait for the photos! I highly recommend them all for your own event needs. Yes, it was a fairy tale wedding! Thank you all it could not have been more wonderful!

loved them

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 charity c

I enjoyed the convince of not having to do anything myself and the pampering attitudes of the staff!

The best night ever!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Elyssa S

Greystone's beautiful garden was the first thing that caught our eyes. Everything was so beautiful outside from the fountain to the flowers. The inside of Greystone was spectacular. It was very clean and tidy. Owners, Bob and Jo were very great with communication with us... Read More and accommodations as we traveled to make Greystone our place of choice. The staff was more than perfect and helped us with our every need. Everyone was full of smiles and joy. The food was spectacular as well. Very very very great. We got chicken piccata as one of our entrees and it was perfect. Kay was out coordinator and we were so thankful for her. She was there for everything. The DJ was also incredible! He was able to read our guest perfectly. Everyone was dancing all night. If I could get married like that all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. It was so perfect. We would absolutely recommend this beautiful venue for any special occasion.

Bob and Jo are terrific

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Brice G

We had our wedding at the Greystone Mansion in early August. From the beginning Bob and Jo were such great helps. Bob helped us book our honeymoon and literally spent hours on the phone with me to find the perfect location with the best deal. When we showed up for the... Read More rehearsal the day before the wedding the venue was set up for us. It was beautiful, all the flowers and bushes were full and green. The inside was magnificent, everything looked so sharp and picturesque. The wedding day was just as good, we didn't hear one complaint beside our ceremony took to long due to people speaking during the wedding. BUT that all worked out because people were ready to drink and party by the time it was over. All in all, we had a blast, and so did our guests. Bob and Jo will take great care of you and make you feel like part of the family when its all said and done. They definitely have this down to a "T" and I would recommend booking your venue here in a heart beat, you will NOT be disappointed. THANK YOU SO MUCH BOB AND JO!! Sara and I love you two.

Greystone is Fabulous

Reviewed on 8/21/2014 Jane D

Greystone Mansion was wonderful.

a lot of hype.

Reviewed on 7/23/2014

We had a lot of people tell us how amazing greystone was especially the food. It was a nice venue and well taken care of. The food left us high and dry though. It wasn't very hot and we were the first ones served! Also it just wasn't as great as you would expect it to be... Read More especially since they've been doing it for so long. We just didn't see it as worth the price.

Loved It!

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Sierra S

Greystone Mansion was perfect. We received many compliments throughout the evening at how beautiful the venue was and what great service they provided. A few of the engaged couples were eyeing the venue up for their weddings within the next couple years. I would recommend... Read More Greystone to anyone!! Bob, Jo, and Kay were great to work with! I didn't feel like our wedding was just another wedding there. They really wanted our night to be perfect. Again, I would, and will, recommend them!

A beautiful day

Reviewed on 11/21/2013 Jess M

This place was awesome for the small ceremony that we wanted to have. We only used the chapel, but it more than exceeded our expectations. Bob (the owner) made sure that we were well taken care of. I enjoyed that we had the option of indoor or outdoor for our ceremony, and the... Read More courtyard outside was beautiful for pictures. A little hard to find it on Honor Hwy., but aside from that, it was great.

Above & Beyond

Reviewed on 9/20/2013

I can not say enough good things about Greystone Mansion. They made our wedding a truly memorable and nearly flawless experience. The only thing that I have to say that is remotely negative, is that the food could have been better. Although, I tend to be a pretty harsh critic... Read More as I am a chef and critiquing food is part of my job.

Reviewed on 9/10/2013 Miranda G

Everything went perfect that day. It was a little frustrating when we arrived back from pictures no one came out to get the entrance started we had to send someone in to go find the wedding planner. Otherwise from the awesome food to the great DJ we had an amazing night!!

Greystone Mansion - Honor, MI

Reviewed on 8/15/2013

Jo and Bob were a delight to work with! They provided expert advise, were always professional and worked very closely with the bride and groom, my husband and myself to provide a wedding that was everything we wanted! The hall was elegant and the food exceptional! I highly... Read More recommend Greystone Mansion - the inside and garden area are exquisite! Our guests were also very impressed!

TO Greystone Mansion