Groove Authority

(93)

Serving New England, MA

New Englands Favorite Wedding Band!!!!

Groove Authority plays everything! Our repertoire includes Top 40 Pop, Rock, R&B, Motown, Funk, Soul, as well as Disco, Swing, Jazz, Reggae and Hip-Hop. If you are looking for a band that's fun, entertaining and versatile at an affordable price, you have found us!

Serving New England, MA

This band is a MUST!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Meredith M

Groove Authority was absolutely the best investment that we made in our wedding reception. All of our guests are still raving about what an amazing time they had on the dance floor. Groove Authority clearly has a great ability to read the room and be flexible in playing to the crowd. They appealed to the full range of guests at our wedding- even our toughest family members to please were up dancing and said they were just "outstanding." Paul was so organized and attentive to our every request. Groove Authority would be a wonderful addition to any wedding and owe the success of reception entirely to them.

Amazing band

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Amy P

This band was everything we hoped for, and more. From start to finish, they were professional, responsive, and easy to work with. Most importantly, they were absolutely amazing at our wedding, and are wonderful, wonderful musicians. Our guests were so impressed that multiple members of our family and friends have since approached them about playing at their weddings and events. We cannot speak highly enough of our experience with them.

Amazing band, Amazing party!

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Katherine S

Groove Authority had my wedding guests raving about the music for weeks after my wedding! I was very impressed with their song list and their ability to learn new songs to cater to our requests. GA learned our first dance song and the song sounded just as amazing as the recorded version that I sent them. The music for the rest of the reception was amazing and had everyone dancing all night (even through dinner!). Paul, the band manager was a joy to work with. He was pleasant, professional and really did everything he could to make our experience amazing. We hired GA for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and they continued to play good quality, well done music from all genres for the whole event. GA drove all the way up to Vermont for our wedding and stayed an hour late because I kept adding additional half hours on to the end time as the night went on and the party continued. The band was very flexible to work with and I would very highly recommend them!

Best wedding band ever

Reviewed on 4/13/2015

From the minute we contacted Groove Authority about playing our wedding in Hartford, we had a great experience. Paul did a great job coordinating with us on special requests for songs and was always quick to respond to emails or calls to answer all our questions. Our special dance songs weren't on the band's list, but they assured us they'd be able to handle it and they delivered! We loved how amazing our first dance song sounded live instead of on an ipod. The band played an AMAZING show! Everyone said it was the best wedding ban they've ever heard and we couldn't agree more. They had the whole crowd, from our 2-year old nieces and nephews to our grandparents, dancing all night long. They paid attention to the smallest of details, making sure we were on the dance floor and not tied up doing photos before playing a few of our favorites. We'd recommend this band to anyone looking for a great band for any event!

Best Part Of My Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 4/10/2015 Lauren Y

Chris and I felt the best decision when it came to choosing our vendors was choosing Groove Authority. Other than dinner, they had everyone on the dance floor until the end of the last song. People are still calling me for their information. They played based on the energy of the crowd and nail it with each and every song.

A rock concert, where people happen to be getting married ;)

Reviewed on 3/29/2015

Not much more can be said that hasn't already (just hire them), so here's a unique take... I'm a bit of a music snob—I used to perform myself, as well as running live sound at a small venue, so I was looking for real pros for our wedding. After seeing them once, I knew they were THE band to get. (1) I requested a super obscure "first dance" song and wanted some specific changes to it. They totally nailed it, from the change in lyrics to change in tempo. It was perfect. (2) My brother and I wanted to jam with the band for a few songs as a "surprise". Not only did they let us jam to two songs from their list—we did it completely unrehearsed and THEY are SO good, they even made my brother and I sound okay (not having played with a live band in years). Our guests were surprised, impressed, and I don't think we could have pulled it off with a lesser band. GA really knocked it out the park, like others have said. Our guests were raving about them during and after the wedding... and EVERYBODY was dancing, which even we were surprised about. My father said "it's like being at a rock concert—there just happens to be a wedding here tonight too." Ha. They made an already special night just incredibly outstanding. We'll have to renew our vows just so we can hire them again.

Best band ever!!!

Reviewed on 3/05/2015

We hired groove authority for our wedding. We absolutely loved them. If you are looking for a band to get everyone dancing this is the one to hire. I have had multiple guests tell me how much fun they were and that they want to book them for their own wedding. Paul is so easy to work with and very accommodating. They have a great list of songs to pick from and you can give them as much or as little direction as you want. They truly made our reception the best night ever. I highly suggest booking them for your next event.

Groove Authority MADE our event!

Reviewed on 2/05/2015 Jenna C

Groove Authority far exceeded my expectations from start to finish. Paul Fudin (band member and primary contact) was extremely easy to work with and made planning effortless. I can't thank him enough for all of his time and attention to detail. Our wedding day went by so fast, but one of my fondest memories was of Groove Authority. They are all talented musicians/vocalists and covered our favorite songs perfectly. Initially I was concerned about hiring a band because at previous weddings I’ve attended, the music was sub-par. A live band doesn’t always mean higher quality music. However, each and every song performed by Groove Authority was flawless, and they had our guests dancing and laughing all evening. They transformed our event and made the reception a truly memorable experience. Out of all the wedding expenses, the money spent on hiring Groove Authority was one of our best decisions. Immediately after our wedding, my husband and I tried to think of another party we could host, just so we could hire them again! THANK YOU guys (and gal)! - Jenna and Nels

Groove Authority is the BEST!

Reviewed on 12/22/2014 Ashley C

Groove Authority single handedly made our wedding amazing. Paul as MC kept the flow of our night on track and did a great job incorporating our needs into the agenda. And the band was INCREDIBLE. I cannot express enough how awesome of a band Groove Authority is. Our venue called our wedding the "danciest" wedding they had ever seen because Groove Authority had literally everyone on the dance floor (parents, grandparents, young cousins, etc) throughout the night. They play each song with incredible energy and are true performers -- you can see and hear how much they get into each song from their dancing and energy. They brought passion to their performance and this caused our guests to bring excitement to the dancefloor. Groove Authority is spot on with their covers and are able to perform a wide range of genres/songs successfully. They sounded on key for everything from the Rolling Stones to Taylor Swift. We got so many compliments about the band after the event and people are still talking about how awesome Groove Authority was at our wedding! Our guests want to see them perform again. They really made our wedding and I would recommend them to anyone!

Great band - The Groove Authority rocks!

Reviewed on 12/03/2014

The Groove Authority were the hit of our reception. Their energy kept the dance floor full the entire night. They even learned a local request for our out-of-town guests. Really great to work with, great value, worth every dime.

Groovin with Groove Authority

Reviewed on 11/04/2014

Groove Authority is AWESOME! From the beginning of our wedding planning to the end, Paul and his crew were a huge help. They were professional and made what could be a stressful process very smooth and easy. All of our guests raved about them the night of our wedding. From the ceremony music, to the cocktail hour, to the reception, Groove Authority kept the energy going all night and created a night we will always remember. Highly recommended! Thanks Groove Authority!!

Baller Band!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Lisa

My wife and I love dancing to hip-hop and top 40 music and it was really important to us to find a band that excelled at these genres in addition to more standard fare so after hearing clips of Groove Authority and watching some of their videos (Crazy in Love sold us!), they were our top choice to hire. They not only met our expectations but far exceeded them! Paul was super nice and easy to work with and extremely knowledgable, helping guide us through the reception timeline. The band had a fantastic read on the crowd and always knew exactly what to play next. They had so many people up and dancing, the dance floor was totally full and people were dancing around the sides in the grass - it was awesome! GA also took the time to learn not just one but two songs for us, and they hit them out of the park. We hope that future couples will benefit from these two great songs because we had a blast hearing them and dancing to them. The musicians were so much fun while performing, it felt like they were our friends; it was so fun to have them occasionally come out in the crowd and dance with us and sing from the dance floor. They all sounded amazing and the lead singers were especially baller! Groove Authority not only contributed to the best day of our lives but they really made it happen. Epically awesome party, wish we could do it all over again!

Groove Authority brought the party!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014

We've all been to a lot of weddings. Some bands are good, some are not. Some bands are impressionists who are happy to fade into the background of an event, doing just enough so that nobody really notices. And some bands, like Groove Authority, are the engine that drives the party. Early in our band hunt, we were looking into another group, but they were booked on our weekend. That band leader wasted no time in recommending Groove Authority, telling me we couldn't do better. So I called Paul, the GA band leader, and right away my wife and I enjoyed his easy-going manner (and don't get easy-going confused with unprofessional... Paul was terrific, keeping in touch with us as we approached the date, asking questions he needed answered... but his easy-going manner made my wife and I feel good about the collaboration). When we told him that this would be a semi-casual, clambake house event full of fun-loving, gin-drinking party people, and that we wanted a band that would keep the energy up, I believe his response was, "we can do that." And they did. First of all, they learned a Van Morrison song for our first dance. We had this kind of ridiculous idea for introducing the members of the wedding party, and I gave Paul a script and he said, in his classic-Paul way, "no problem." The song sounded wonderful, just as we'd imagined, and the whole thing was seamless. Then the dancing started. They had great guitarists, keyboards, sax, and a relentless drummer who kept the party moving for five hours. The keyboardist even pulled out a trumpet from time to time, which was awesome! The two vocalists were fabulous. They were charismatic, interactive and really fun. All I heard all night was, "Who ARE these guys?" It was a great party! We wanted an old-school, college-house dance party, and Groove Authority delivered. They read the room perfectly and the dance floor was never empty all night long. I wish I could do it again!

Groove Authority is Fabulous!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Susan H

We want to express our deepest thanks to all the members of Groove Authority for an exciting, inspiring, and first-class performance at our wedding! They are the consummate professionals, and each member has such abundant talent. In addition, Paul Fudin is a wonderful Emcee, a great band leader and musician, and a pleasure to work with. He was such an important element in the planning and success of our wedding. We so grateful to him! As for the reaction from the guests, we continue to get raves from everyone that attended. Comments like, "the best band I've ever heard!" keep coming from friends and family, many of whom wrote down the name of the band for future reference. Their amazing vocalists garnered particular praise. They are all so great to watch as well as listen to! They had people dancing who never usually dance! None of us will ever forget their great performance.

amazing band!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Caitlin C

Paul and the musicians with Groove Authority are so talented and incredibly professional! Paul was so responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process and really helped customize the music and flow for our ceremony (pianist), cocktail hour (jazz), and reception (full band). The day of the wedding the music was beyond our expectations, the band played songs that fit the mood perfectly and really got everyone on their feet the entire time! The number one compliment we received from our guests was about our band and we were happy to refer many of them to Groove Authority for their own upcoming events! Many thanks again to a fantastic group of individuals and very talented musicians!

Great Band!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Jordan S

Groove Authority is a great band and really gets the place rockin'. They play a wide range of songs and do them all well. They are good at reading the crowd and playing music that gets everyone on their feet. Our guests raved about them. Paul was a delight to work with and they really try to accommodate all your requests. So happy we chose them after doing much research.

MOST AMAZING WEDDING BAND EVER!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2014

We choose Groove Authority based on online reviews and their You Tube videos for our wedding. From our initial phone call to Paul to inquire to our last email exchange to thank him they were an absolute pleasure to work with! Always provided us with a prompt response to any questions, have more than reasonable prices for the work they do and were super professional! Most importantly they were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I cannot even describe how awesome this band was, every single song they played sounded great and as if the actual artist was on stage. They were enthusiastic and always had a smile on their faces while performing! They were able to do any genre and always had the crowd going on the dance floor. Every single guest has made it a point to tell us how much they were blown away by the band! I cannot even count how many people have said this was "the best wedding band they had ever heard"!!!! I could not of been happier with my choice of Groove Authority for my wedding day! I HIGHLY recommend! I wish I could throw another wedding just to use this band again- 100% satisfied and worth every cent!

Best Wedding Band

Reviewed on 7/23/2014

If you are looking for a band that will keep your wedding guests on the dance floor, will ensure that everyone (including the bride and groom) has a great time, and will be absolutely professional as they make sure every detail is attended to, Groove Authority is a sure thing! We chose this band for our daughter's wedding based solely on reviews and their website. You can feel their energy and enthusiasm when you watch their video clips. Besides having an amazing song list, they happily learned two special songs that we wanted. Paul responded promptly to every email we sent. He is a great guy who really wants your wedding to be the best. This band knows how to read your crowd and then how to please them. We made a list of songs we wanted, but told them we wanted them to take the liberty of adjusting it so the crowd stayed on the dance floor. They are so accommodating, they even agreed to have our trio of nephews sing one of the band's songs at my son's request. They didn't just play along; they got into it! Our guests were telling us that this was the best wedding they had been to, and we honestly believe that Groove Authority is responsible for that!

Best Band!

Reviewed on 6/28/2014 Julia W

Hiring The Groove Authority was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. All of our wedding guests from our friends to grandparents keep commenting even 6 weeks after our wedding about how incredible they were. Some of my friends who never dance, were out on the dance floor all night. The dance floor was packed all night. They were also incredibly responsive to every question - just a pleasure to work with. Hire them - you won't regret it!

Highly Recommend Groove Authority

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Zaida R

I used Groove Authority for my wedding and I honestly could not be happier, they were AMAZING!!! I can not tell you how many of our guests approached us to tell us how awesome our band was! They kept our guests dancing the entire night, and at the end of the wedding everyone on the dance floor was chanting "one more song, one more song". They really are so much fun and sounded amazing. What I loved most was how versatile their range was, they sang everything from Beyonce to John Legend to the Isley Brothers (shout) to the Horah. Literally everyone from our friends to our parents friends were on the dance floor the entire night. Leading up to the wedding they were extremely professional and easy to get a hold of. Paul, the main contact for Grove authority was so helpful. He always made himself available to chat and was willing to work with me on special song requests to make sure my wedding was fun and memorable. Groove Authority honestly made the entire night so much fun!

Groove Authority

Reviewed on 6/09/2014 Julia M

My husband and I used Groove Authority for our wedding reception. They were phenomenal! In the lead-up to the event, the band director was so easy to work with and was so willing to customize the event to make it exactly what we wanted (even allowing my mother to rewrite the lyrics to the song for my first dance with my father). They played an awesome variety of songs and the dance floor was packed all night long - they made everyone want to get up and dance. SO many of our guests came up to us that night to rave about the band, and since then when people tell us what they remember most about our wedding it is Groove Authority! We could not have asked for a better band and they made our reception so much fun for everyone. I could not recommend them more highly.

WOW!!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Kathryn H

GA was incredible! From planning very early on to the encore on our wedding night, they rocked our world. Our guests would have kept dancing all night if we had let them. GA has very large repertoire and something for everyone. They will cater song lengths for your special songs and can adapt to anything you need. Need an iPod during breaks or cocktail hour? You got it. Need ceremony music, I'm pretty sure they do that too (we didn't use them.. but they do it!) We didn't know what we would need to plan out in terms of timing, songs, etc. and they walked us through everything. You do not want to pass up on this band, they are incredible musicians and will be the difference maker at your wedding reception!

BY FAR THE BEST WEDDING BAND...EVER!

Reviewed on 5/02/2014 Karyn P

Groove Authority is by far the best wedding band around! We had guests from all over (Chicago, LA, Denver, NYC, Minneapolis, DC, and the list goes on...) come to Boston for our wedding...and hands down EVERYONE said that Groove Authority was the BEST wedding band they had ever heard! They had ALL of our guests dancing from before dinner until the very last song of the night! Besides that, they were very professional and beyond easy to work with! I know choosing a band is a tough decision for anyone planning a wedding - but the choice is easy with Groove Authority! They literally will make your wedding and your guests will talk about how great they were for months (maybe even years!) after the event! Groove Authority receives my most sincere and highest recommendation possible! If you have not booked them yet, do so now!

Groove Authority was amazing!

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Kimberly T

We had Groove Authority perform at our wedding and it was definitely one of the best decisions we could have made! Paul was so easy to work with throughout the entire planning process - he was responsive, flexible and professional. When we needed someone last minute to coordinate our ceremony music, Paul immediately offered his services. He was constantly checking in to ensure that we were comfortable with all of the details and really put me at ease as our wedding date approached. In terms of the band's actual performance, you will not find better than Groove Authority! They played a great mix of music and kept our dance floor packed for the entire night. I can't tell you the number of people who told me it was the best wedding band they'd ever heard, and I'd have to agree! Thank you so much for making our wedding day such a memorable experience.

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 4/18/2014

I cannot begin to describe how unbelievable Groove Authority was at our wedding. My wife and I got married on April 5th, 2014, and I am still receiving texts weeks later about how great the band was! They had everybody out on the dance floor from my grandfather to my wife's 12 year old cousins. We even had people who told me specifically they would only dance for 1 song that were out there for hours! Every time I walked more than 10 feet off the dance floor, there was somebody telling me how great the band was. They truly made the wedding. The band accommodated custom first dance, father daughter, and mother son songs, all of which were not on their playlist. They executed them perfectly! MOST IMPORTANTLY: We had a bit of an issue with the venue. They came up to us very late in the party telling me that the band had to cut off at 9:30 despite the fact that that was not outlined in our contract with the venue. We had contracted Groove Authority to play until 10:00, and Paul (the manager of the band) dealt with the representative for the venue extremely well. He convinced her to let the band play until 9:45 and cut out the second 15 minute planned break for the band so that way they could play straight through until 9:45. I cannot thank him enough for his professionalism and courteousness. I must also mention that the whole lead up until the wedding, the band was very responsive and timely with my wife's requests. They were by far the best vendor relationship we had during our wedding planning.

Send Email