New Englands Favorite Wedding Band!

Groove Authority plays everything! Our repertoire includes Top 40, Pop, Rock, R&B, Motown, Funk, Soul, as well as Disco, Swing, Jazz, Reggae and Hip-Hop. If you are looking for a band that's fun, entertaining and versatile at an affordable price, you have found them!

Instruments

Flute, Guitar, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, Polka

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Serving New England and The East Coast (617) 899-2698

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Natalie P

Grove Authority has become a must for all of the corporate parties I organize for my Portsmouth, NH based company. Our staff LOVE the band and the dance floor remains packed until the very end. From casual, beach pavilion parties to formal affairs, Groove Authority knows how... Read More to work it. The talent is amazing and the singers are engaging and help keep the mood going. The pricing is a great value - highest quality performers at a price that is fair. A real bonus for this event planner!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Amanda S

This band is as good as it gets when it comes to wedding entertainment. A live band was a top priority for us during our wedding and if we were going to spend the money we wanted it to be the best we could get. After attending one of the band’s rehearsals we knew we’d found it... Read More and booked them two days later. Paul was very on top of the process throughout planning and checked in regularly to see if we had questions or keep us up to date on what he needed to move forward. Our first dance was a song written and performed by my cousin. We sent the music to the band, they did one rehearsal with my cousin, and nailed it on the wedding day. The dance floor was packed the whole night and proved to be exactly what we’d imagined. This is thanks in large part to the amazing energy and talent of these folks. Groove Authority is by far the element of the wedding our guests bring up most when reminiscing about the day. There is no better in Boston and we highly recommend you secure Groove Authority for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Kaitlyn D

We could NOT recommend Groove Authority any more! We couldn't imagine our wedding without them. They made our reception truly a night we will never forget. Our guests danced the entire reception...even during parts of dinner. If you want to have the best wedding band, hire... Read More Groove Authority. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Alyssa R

I highly recommend Groove Authority to anyone interested in hiring a band for their wedding! It was one of my husband’s top requests and we wanted to make sure we found the best “bang for our buck”. They more than exceeded our expectations! The pianist and saxophonist played... Read More jazz during our cocktail hour. During the reception, we had 250 guests and every single person was on the dance floor at one point or another, some even before salad was served! Paul, the director, was excellent to work with and very responsive. All the band members were exciting, talented, and interactive throughout the night. Guests of all ages enjoyed their vast playlist from multiple genres and generations of music. Thank you so much for making our wedding a night our guests will always remember!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Jen K

This band was the highlight of our wedding! We had 150 guests and every single person was on te dance floor! Paul, the director was excellent to work with and the band members were excited, fun, and beyond talented. Our guests shared with us over and over that this was the best... Read More band at a wedding they had ever seen! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Justin B

Book Groove Authority and you're guaranteed to have a wedding people will remember! Seriously. My wife and I were lucky enough to see GA play at a friend's wedding and afterwards we knew they were our top choice for the entertainment for our wedding. Where do I start? -First... Read More off, they are very easy to work with. I had several email and phone conversations with Paul, who was very approachable and upfront about what they had to offer. He was flexible and was able to work with the budget my wife and I set for a band. As we approached the wedding date, Paul was very organized and worked with us on every detail possible to make sure we would have a flawless reception. On the day of the wedding, there were no surprises and everything was organized and went off without a hitch. -Next, the most important question: how do they sound?? Well first let me say they have so much range! We had them play our cocktail hour with some light background keyboard. During dinner, they created a great atmosphere with music like Sinatra, etc. When it came time to get people on the dance floor, they brought the Energy. They knew how to play to the audience and get young and old involved. There was so much range, from classic hits to covers of brand new songs. Their voices sound great and their skill is incredible. One of my good friends is a musician and said to me on the dance floor, "these guys are TOO GOOD to just be a wedding band". We are more than a month out from our wedding, and we are STILL getting compliments on how fun the wedding was because of Groove Authority. Now we just have to convince friends to hire them for their wedding or renew our vows so we can hear them play again!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Justin B

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Denise S

Groove Authority is an extremely talented band and they work hard to make sure that everything is exactly how you want it. They play a great mix of old favorites and new hit songs, our guests were dancing all night long.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Jessica H

Groove Authority MADE our reception. People called our wedding "the dance party of my life!" They just nailed it. They played a huge variety of songs which was important to us from Frank Sinatra to Bruno Mars and a live version of the Hora! Not only did they execute an... Read More amazing performance but working with Paul, the manager was a pleasure. He is so kind and so sincerely wants to make your day perfect. He will try to accommodate all of your wishes but will be honest with you about what he thinks will work or not based on his experience. The value of this band was another huge sell for us. This band continues to charge a reasonable rate though they certainly have the talent to inflate their prices as the rest of the competition seems to have done. Couldn't recommend them enough : )

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Caitlin M

After we set our wedding date, hiring The Party Factor was the first decision we made. We booked the band for an extra hour (5 hours total) and also booked the pianist to play the music for our outdoor ceremony. The Party Factor was everything we hoped for and more. Every... Read More member of the band is unbelievably talented. Their song list is extensive and they learned a few new songs for us as well. The band leader, Rick, was responsive and helpful in the weeks leading up to the wedding. The band MC'd the entire wedding seamlessly, sang happy birthday to a guest, and even played "one more song" when everyone shouted for it at the end of the night! They interacted with the guests on the dance floor and were just plain FUN! We had people tell us they have never seen a dance floor so packed at a wedding. Guests who told us that they don't like to dance were on the dance floor literally all night once The Party Factor came on! Everyone absolutely loved them and are still talking about how wonderful they were. 5 hours of dancing flew by! After seeing their showcase prior to the wedding we knew The Party Factor would be wonderful, but they exceeded all of our expectations. Dancing to The Party Factor with our family and friends was the highlight of the wedding and we highly recommend them - if you are looking for a wedding band book them now!

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Alissa S

Great band, great decision! After seeing their preview session, my husband was hooked that this was the band we wanted for our wedding. They definitely did not disappoint. Paul was great to work with. They had the dance floor filled all night and played all of recommended... Read More songs. We also hired Paul to help play music during our ceremony, which worked out nicely. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Carl P

'Groove Authority' performed at our wedding ceremony in Brookfield, MA on 11.6.16. We found them through Wedding Wire along with Googling something like: "Best Wedding Bands in New England" 'Groove Authority' had a fantastic sound, great musicianship (every member was top... Read More notch), repertoire, presence, audio/video samples, website, song list, etc. I got in touch with Paul (leader) and was impressed with his thorough communication, accommodation, friendliness, ease with working with us, along with being financially reasonable given their highly professional status. After comparing them to several other bands we realized they were the best we could find. [Keep in mind, I myself am a professional musician with a music degree. I have quite high standards, I know what I am talking about when I say this.] Soon after we made our choice we were able to see them at a rehearsal venue (Jamspot) where 'Groove Authority' does periodic showcases for those who are looking to hire them. When seeing them live, my wife and I realized more than ever that we made a fantastic decision. They are very impressive entertainers who put on a fantastic show, exuding great energy while not sounding overbearing volume-wise. They also play such a wide variety of classics and contemporary hits and styles; Dance, Pop, Funk, R&B, Rock, Jazz. My wife and I would highly recommend 'Groove Authority' to anyone looking for a very talented, high energy band . I cannot count the amount of raving compliments we got during and after our wedding. People were very content with the entire day and 'Groove Authority' was certainly one of the fantastic ingredients. Their energy is contagious and hence they got people dancing on the floor the entire night who I didn't even think would end up there. They even let me sit in on Drums for a few songs, funking it up with them, which was an honor. We couldn't have been happier. Thanks to Paul & 'Groove Authority'! - Carl & Debbie

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Emily H

HIGHLY RECOMMEND. We could not have asked for a better band!! Groove Authority played at our reception and three musicians played at our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were so accommodating and great to work with. They kept us and our guests on the dance floor all night!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Amanda B

We could not have asked for a better band!!! They were amazing and our guests (as well as us) danced the entire night! They got out on the floor and even participated in the limbo during the reception! They were so enthusiastic and everyone at the wedding loved them!! I wish... Read More we could party like this everyone weekend!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Elizabeth L

My husband and I cannot speak highly enough of this incredible band for our September wedding! With every email or call, Paul made sure that every song and set list was exactly how we wanted. The band learned three songs outside of their repertoire in order for some of our... Read More "first" dances to be that much more special. Paul made sure to call and check in with us multiple times before the wedding which gave us a huge sense of relief. This band is dynamic, original, and provided energy and fun to our wedding day. I saw people dance that have never danced at a wedding before! We highly recommend this bad for any event. Thank you Groove Authority!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Brendan Z

The Party Factor was simply amazing. It was the single most talked about part of the wedding from all the guests we've talk to. Even with one of the singers leaving due to an unexpected illness, the other singer just took over and he was rocking the crowd. Rick did a great job... Read More managing the night and even did an encore song!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jen

Groove Authority played at my sister's wedding in 2014 and I knew ever since then that I would book them for my own wedding. We specifically picked the date of our wedding on a weekend when they had availability. Their lead female vocalist had changed since 2014 and personally I... Read More think the original one was better, but the new one is still amazing, as is the lead male vocalist and the rest of the band as well. Our dance floor was packed the entire night, even before dinner/toasts. Paul learned to play/sing Sweet Home Chicago as a tribute to my husband's hometown and where we now live, and he absolutely killed it. We had a few timing issues on the night of our wedding which was completely the venue's fault, and Paul did get pretty stressed out about it (understandably). It would have made me feel better if he had been a bit more laid back about everything as it was happening, but it all ended up working out. I would highly recommend Groove Authority - they were the best investment that we made. They have a great ability to read a crowd, they interact with everyone on the dance floor, and they're just incredibly talented at what they do.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Alessandra S

As a couple with little to no musical taste overlap and a family that is heavily involved in and knowledgeable about music, our group was a hard one to please when it came time to choosing a wedding band. Groove Authority was the PERFECT match for us and for our families.... Read More Every person who talks about our wedding has mentioned how awesome the band was. Groove Authority played for both the reception and cocktail hour, and they were wonderful for both. The jazz for cocktail hour was perfect and the reception music was lively and fun, a perfect mix of fast and slow songs. Groove Authority even learned three songs jut for us – for our first dance and both parent dances – and they did a magnificent job with each of them. Paul was great to work with from the beginning; very responsive, organized, and helpful. We would recommend Groove Authority a million times over!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Maggie H

BOOK THEM NOW!!!! I emailed and talked to and checked out online maybe 20 bands?? And I ended up going with Groove Authority and it was the best decision I made! The band was most important to me, so it took a long time to figure out who I was going to go with and this group... Read More is truly amazing. I am not from the Boston area so I was never able to see them perform live, but their videos on line were SO helpful! The band manager Paul is so easy to work with and very organized. They learned an original song that my dad had written about me years ago, and they played it for the father/daughter dance. They also learned a few other songs for us. Even a month later, my guests keep telling me how amazing the band was and how much they loved them. They kept the party going all night and the dance floor was packed. They play an awesome mix of oldies and top 40 (but they work with you on that). The lead singers were fantastic - nailed every song! Book this band, you won't go wrong, they were the best!!! I am so happy I did!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Suzy C

Groove Authority was a key component of our wedding day and one of the best decisions we made, as they set the fun and lively tone for our reception. From the bridal party entrances to the last song of the night, Groove Authority kept our guests entertained and on the dance... Read More floor all night. Our guests all raved about the band and we couldn't be happier with their performance. On top of being fantastic musicians, Paul was very responsive and easy to work with leading up to our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Ann C

One of the best decisions we made was hiring Groove Authority to play our reception! The music and getting people up and dancing was the most important thing to my husband and I, and Groove Authority did just that! They were fun, dynamic and talented and guests have been raving... Read More about the band ever since! We even heard a few guests grabbed cards from Paul for weddings they are planning in their families. They had the whole room, young to old, up and dancing and everyone was chanting "one more song!" at the end of the night. Paul was so easy to work with leading up to the wedding and he was a true professional and a great emcee for the reception. You can't go wrong with these guys. I would recommend them to anyone and already have! Thank you, Groove Authority!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Shannon P

Let me just say that booking Groove Authority for our wedding was one of the BEST decisions we could have made! They absolutely killed it! The band leader, Paul, was amazing to work with from the get-go. He's a true, seasoned professional, and he knows what he is doing. You will... Read More be in great hands! Paul was very flexible with us -- Groove Authority was willing to help us meet our budget requirements; They added extra horn players to fit the overall sound we wanted; and they even learned a variety of new songs to meet our needs. The entire planning process was seamless, easy, and fun -- and this band DELIVERED. Every guest at our wedding was blown away by Groove Authority, and numerous guests said our wedding was the best wedding they had ever been to, due in large part to this band. We told Paul we had a dancing crowd, and Groove Authority certainly catered to this -- playing three songs right off the get-go so everyone was up and dancing before salad was served. At the end of the night, the singers and horn players even came out into the middle of the dance floor and danced and celebrated with guests. My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Groove Authority. We HIGHLY recommend this band, and we are forever grateful to them for helping to make our wedding night so fun and special. Their professionalism, experience, and skill level cannot be matched. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Rachel D

SO GREAT! Paul was so great to deal with...he was always quick to respond to emails or phone calls. They learned 2 or 3 new songs for us and they were PERFECT. Everyone commented how amazing the band was...even people who normally prefer DJs! I wish they could have played... Read More forever and that I could have cut out all the speeches so we had more time to dance!! They are so so so so great you need to have them at your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Melinda V

I am so happy that we hired Groove Authority as our wedding band, because they absolutely made the night! We had the keyboardist for the ceremony, a keyboard and sax player at cocktail hour, and the full band for the reception. Our guests are still raving about how much fun they... Read More had, and how great the band was. They were on time, professional, and were a pleasure to work with in the months leading up to our event. We highly recommend them to any couple who is looking for a fun and memorable night!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Anna W

We hired the party factor for our wedding and they were AWESOME! Everyone raved about the band! I was a little nervous because the singers had changed from when we went to hear them but I had nothing to be worried about they exceeded all my expectations! I would recommend... Read More them to anyone!

Paul Fudin

Paul prides himself on making your wedding band experience the best it can be! In almost every review of the band above his professional, prompt, caring and courteous customer service is commented on. Unlike some of the other band leaders in Boston, this is Paul's only job and gets his full attention. He will do everything he can to help you plan and organize the band's role at your reception and try to make this as stress-free as possible! Please feel free to contact him anytime at 617-899-2698. Thanks!