Groove Authority/The Party Factor Wedding Bands

Serving New England and The East Coast

New Englands Favorite Wedding Bands!

Groove Authority and The Party Factor play everything! Our repertoire includes Top 40, Pop, Rock, R&B, Motown, Funk, Soul, as well as Disco, Swing, Jazz, Reggae and Hip-Hop. If you are looking for a band that's fun, entertaining and versatile at an affordable price, you have found them!

Instruments

Flute, Guitar, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, Polka

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Serving New England and The East Coast

This band is a MUST!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Meredith M

Groove Authority was absolutely the best investment that we made in our wedding reception. All of our guests are still raving about what an amazing time they had on the dance floor. Groove Authority clearly has a great ability to read the room and be flexible in playing to the... Read More crowd. They appealed to the full range of guests at our wedding- even our toughest family members to please were up dancing and said they were just "outstanding." Paul was so organized and attentive to our every request. Groove Authority would be a wonderful addition to any wedding and owe the success of reception entirely to them.

Amazing band

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Amy P

This band was everything we hoped for, and more. From start to finish, they were professional, responsive, and easy to work with. Most importantly, they were absolutely amazing at our wedding, and are wonderful, wonderful musicians. Our guests were so impressed that multiple... Read More members of our family and friends have since approached them about playing at their weddings and events. We cannot speak highly enough of our experience with them.

Amazing band, Amazing party!

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Katherine S

Groove Authority had my wedding guests raving about the music for weeks after my wedding! I was very impressed with their song list and their ability to learn new songs to cater to our requests. GA learned our first dance song and the song sounded just as amazing as the... Read More recorded version that I sent them. The music for the rest of the reception was amazing and had everyone dancing all night (even through dinner!). Paul, the band manager was a joy to work with. He was pleasant, professional and really did everything he could to make our experience amazing. We hired GA for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and they continued to play good quality, well done music from all genres for the whole event. GA drove all the way up to Vermont for our wedding and stayed an hour late because I kept adding additional half hours on to the end time as the night went on and the party continued. The band was very flexible to work with and I would very highly recommend them!

Kept the party going from start to finish. Best band in New England!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Lisa M

We knew from the beginning of planning that we wanted to have a band and we had to pick out one that would be able to satisfy both sides of our family (groom is Portuguese and I am African American) and the different generations. We went to a showcase and no one else showed up... Read More so we were the only people and had a personal show. At first, it was a very awkward but by the second song we were grooving along because they were so fun, talented and engaging. We hired them that night. Rick, the band leader was very helpful throughout the year of planning. The band accommodated our request for our first dance and learned 3 songs for us. There was a slight hiccup in our first dance (Party Factor sang the first half of the song then they were to switch on the techno version of the song for the 2nd half of our dance and it was flipped on too quickly and we didn't do a part of our dance), probably because they couldn't see us with our wedding party standing in front of them but it didn't even matter cause no one noticed and they were so awesome. This band was the highlight of our wedding and worth every penny. The band ate during cocktail hour and were ready to go when the reception started. They played through dinner and it really set the tone for the rest of the reception. The music from the beginning was so perfectly chosen by the band for the diverse crowd. Once the party got started, the guests were on the dance floor all night. There was never a moment when the dance floor wasn't full. They did Blurred Lines and had a circle and the lead male singer came out into the crowd and picked out guests to dance in the middle and almost made a game of it. It was so fun. Unlikely guests were picked and really had a good time with it. One of my favorite memories of the night. They even let the groom's uncle sing a song with the band for a song. The interaction of the band with the crowd was so cool; I've never seen anything like it. The lead singers were unbelievable and the band was really talented. Our guests still rave about how Party Factor was the best band they'd ever seen and I'd have to agree. I will use them whenever I need a band for personal or professional use. Splurge on your band because people are going to remember how much fun they had, not the small details you are worried about. Thank you Party Factor for an incredible night of music.

Reviewed on 1/01/2016

A great band makes a wedding and that is exactly what Groove Authority did! They have amazing talent and an extraordinary song list and were most pleasant to work with. There wasn't an empty space on the dance floor all evening and they even came on the dance floor with us.... Read More Best investment!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Allyson G

This band is absolutely incredible!!! We wanted a band that would keep everyone dancing and brought high energy to the floor--and man did they do that! Everyone at our wedding could not get over just how amazing the band was. All of our guests were dancing from the moment the... Read More first dance was over until the reception was over. The band was also incredibly professional and great to work with. Paul Fudin (the band leader) is the main contact person and he was so great from the beginning! They did an awesome job of accommodating all of our requests and making our wedding unbelievable. So happy we picked this band!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015

We never had any doubt that we wanted to hire a live band to perform at our wedding. However, since we were travelling from out of town, we were worried about tracking down a group that could make the trek to Maine's coast for a Sunday wedding. But from the first time we heard... Read More their recordings on their website, Groove Authority was the epitome of professionalism and quality. They were easy to get a hold of, transparent with their costs and what their services were, and were ready to go on time and in full gear on the big day. Now let's talk about the actual music. Let's get one thing clear right off the bat: this was the best live band to which I've ever had the pleasure of dancing. I found out after the wedding that half the audience thought our opening dance song (If I Ain't Got You, by Alicia Keys) was actually just a CD recording, because the band was actually that good. Personally I thought they were better than the CD recording (with all due respect to Ms. Keys). I had originally given them a list of songs that I thought would go well with the evening, and while they stuck with them for the dinner (more classic crooner stuff), I am so happy that they took the reins for the dance segment. If they had listened to me it would have been a snorefest. Instead, we rocked to Journey, Bruno Mars, Neil Diamond, Daft Punk, Pharrel, Beyonce, and yes, every single person danced their butts off to Taylor Swift. Keep in mind, this was a relatively conservative (though excessively fun-filled) wedding in Kennebunkport, Maine, but by the end of the night, we were dancing with the servers, having dance-offs with the lead singer, and there was not a dry shirt to be found. When was the last wedding you went to where the entire dance floor was full until the venue shut you down? I can't remember either. Ultimately, they were worth every single penny we spent, and after three months it's still the first thing we hear when we ask people what they liked most about the wedding.

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Brittney O

Groove Authority was the best investment we made while planning our wedding! EVERYONE was dancing the entire reception! Groove Authority is an absolute must for any wedding :) They learned a few songs for our reception and ceremony, and provided awesome jazz music for the... Read More cocktail hour. They were so professional and responsive throughout the wedding planning process. Paul, the band leader and contact was a pleasure to work with. We would recommend this band to anyone looking to make a statement at their wedding - this band is a must have!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Cary F

Groove Authority did an amazing job at our wedding! They worked with us to develop the perfect set lists and to make our reception as personally tailored and meaningful as possible. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding band!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

We are so proud of the unbelievable music and atmosphere Groove Authority provided for our daughter's wedding. I have never seen a wedding where only six chairs were being used while the dancing was on. People are still talking about how great the band was six weeks later. Thank... Read More you for helping make this such a memorable event.

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Joanna C

Groove Authority is AMAZING! From the first time we contacted them to our wedding day. They were very professional, easy to work with, and just an amazing band. Their repertoire of music and versatility was incredible and they really understood what we were looking for. They... Read More definitely delivered! I would highly recommend this band! We had so many compliments the night of our wedding, and are still getting compliments.

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Meghan L

I have to say that booking Groove Authority for our wedding day was one of the best decisions we made surrounding our big day. My husband and I live in New York City and were married in Cape Cod so when my Mom came across Groove Authority’s website, we loved what we saw but were... Read More unable to make the trip to Boston to catch a showcase. If anyone reading this is unsure about booking them before seeing them in person, let me just say that you will not be disappointed! We knew the band choice was very important to us- we wanted music that would keep our amazing and fun-loving family members and friends on the dance floor. Groove Authority was beyond all expectations for us!! Not only did we completely overflow the dance floor at our reception venue all night, but all of our guests commented on how great the music was! Working with Paul over the phone throughout the year leading up to the wedding was also smooth and easy. The band learned our first dance song as well as a family favorite and both sounded absolutely amazing! We also submitted a play list and a do not play list and we were so happy with how everything turned out for the night! If you are looking for a band to keep your guests on the dance floor, look no further!! We were so happy we had Groove Authority part of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

I hired Groove Authority for a scientific conference held in Cape Cod. I would highly recommend this group to anyone needing music services, regardless if it is a wedding or corporate function. They were very easy to work with, and provided an excellent performance. They had... Read More my group up and dancing after just a few songs, something completely unexpected from a group of scientists! Groove Authority had an exceptional presence, unbelievable singers, and outstanding musical artists. If you want to host the party everyone will be taking about, you need Groove Authority!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Meg M

It really doesn't get better than Groove Authority. The only thing my husband requested at our wedding was a live band versus a DJ. No problem, so we are scoping out bands and saw the amazing reviews Groove Authority received. Let me tell you they DO NOT disappoint. We had a... Read More family friend play our ceremony music, but Paul was amazing and for a small fee hooked us up with a mic system for both him and our officiant. We had a saxophonist and a pianist play our cocktail hour, and they were phenomenal. And then there was a reception... I have never been to a wedding where people started dancing BEFORE dinner. Literally, these guys had my guests out of their seats before they ate! It was amazing. There was a point where I was meeting and greeting at tables and just had to stop because no one was at their seats. These guys MADE our wedding what it was. My guests are still abuzz about the band and I have received MULTIPLE inquiries from people at our wedding about them to use at their own weddings or functions. Is a traditional band more money than a DJ? Absolutely. But, you won't have to get a Photo Booth or any other type of entertainment because these guys are it. By far, the best money we spent on our big day!

Reviewed on 8/01/2015

We debated for MONTHS about whether to have a band or a DJ at our waterfront backyard wedding - we finally decided to go see Groove Authority at one of their showcases (which they do every week, a little private performance so you can hear how awesome they are) and knew we had... Read More to book them. Hiring Groove Authority was by far the BEST decision we made for our wedding! Do not waste your money on any other silly little details that people won't even notice.. make hiring this band your #1 priority and your wedding will be the best wedding your friends and family have been to in a long time, period!! I can't even tell you how many people said that the band was awesome and the best part of the wedding.. we still have people asking us for the name of the band and begging us to have a party just so we can have them play again! Every member of Groove Authority is great with their own distinct personality. The crowd interaction was so much fun and they even put up with one of my drunk friends who wanted to bang on the tambourine all night long. =) Jennie, the lead singer, is OUT OF THIS WORLD AMAZING - the best voice I have ever heard live. Her singing during our first song even made some of my tough guy friends tear up. So go on, call them, NOW! Thank you Groove Authority!!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2015

Paul, the band leader was very easy to work with. He had a form that we filled out and made accommodations for special songs we requested. Most importantly, all of my guests commented on how awesome the band was. They had everyone dancing the whole night, it was an incredibly... Read More fun reception thanks to Groove Authority! Also, Paul helped me come up with an initial timeline for the reception, I found it especially helpful since I hadn't particularly paid attention to this at other weddings.

Reviewed on 7/28/2015

Groove Authority was the band at my daughter's wedding last weekend. What is a wedding without good music! This wedding band is spectacular. Paul, the leader, works closely with you to make sure you get to hear the songs that you want. Their lead singers are amazing. Everyone... Read More danced until the end with an encore! We planned our wedding date around this band, and we are so glad that we did! Groove Authority is an outstanding band, and our guests could not say enough about them.

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 debby k

This band is beyond incredible! My daughters wedding last night could not have been better and people could not stop talking about how iamazing the band was. If a home run is important to you ...look no further and book this band immediately. I had a day after the wedding... Read More party with over 70 people and every single guest raved about this band. People danced all night and they sounded dynamic. Many of the guests were musicians including the bride and groom and they could not have been happier! Fantastic, talented, incredible, worth every cent. Thank You Groove Authority!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Martha P

Working with Groove Authority for our wedding was such a pleasure and they did an incredible job. Paul made everything very easy throughout the planning process, from payment to organizing introductions to making song requests, he was awesome. Many of our guests commented on how... Read More amazing the band was and we could not have been happier with their service. Groove authority came recommended to us from 2 of our other vendors, and I figured they knew what they were talking about. And they really do! I would absolutely recommend Groove Authority to anyone looking for a wedding band--you will not be disappointed!

Best wedding band ever

Reviewed on 4/13/2015

From the minute we contacted Groove Authority about playing our wedding in Hartford, we had a great experience. Paul did a great job coordinating with us on special requests for songs and was always quick to respond to emails or calls to answer all our questions. Our special... Read More dance songs weren't on the band's list, but they assured us they'd be able to handle it and they delivered! We loved how amazing our first dance song sounded live instead of on an ipod. The band played an AMAZING show! Everyone said it was the best wedding ban they've ever heard and we couldn't agree more. They had the whole crowd, from our 2-year old nieces and nephews to our grandparents, dancing all night long. They paid attention to the smallest of details, making sure we were on the dance floor and not tied up doing photos before playing a few of our favorites. We'd recommend this band to anyone looking for a great band for any event!

Best Part Of My Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 4/10/2015 Lauren Y

Chris and I felt the best decision when it came to choosing our vendors was choosing Groove Authority. Other than dinner, they had everyone on the dance floor until the end of the last song. People are still calling me for their information. They played based on the energy of... Read More the crowd and nail it with each and every song.

A rock concert, where people happen to be getting married ;)

Reviewed on 3/29/2015

Not much more can be said that hasn't already (just hire them), so here's a unique take... I'm a bit of a music snob—I used to perform myself, as well as running live sound at a small venue, so I was looking for real pros for our wedding. After seeing them once, I knew they were... Read More THE band to get. (1) I requested a super obscure "first dance" song and wanted some specific changes to it. They totally nailed it, from the change in lyrics to change in tempo. It was perfect. (2) My brother and I wanted to jam with the band for a few songs as a "surprise". Not only did they let us jam to two songs from their list—we did it completely unrehearsed and THEY are SO good, they even made my brother and I sound okay (not having played with a live band in years). Our guests were surprised, impressed, and I don't think we could have pulled it off with a lesser band. GA really knocked it out the park, like others have said. Our guests were raving about them during and after the wedding... and EVERYBODY was dancing, which even we were surprised about. My father said "it's like being at a rock concert—there just happens to be a wedding here tonight too." Ha. They made an already special night just incredibly outstanding. We'll have to renew our vows just so we can hire them again.

Best band ever!!!

Reviewed on 3/05/2015

We hired groove authority for our wedding. We absolutely loved them. If you are looking for a band to get everyone dancing this is the one to hire. I have had multiple guests tell me how much fun they were and that they want to book them for their own wedding. Paul is so... Read More easy to work with and very accommodating. They have a great list of songs to pick from and you can give them as much or as little direction as you want. They truly made our reception the best night ever. I highly suggest booking them for your next event.

Groove Authority MADE our event!

Reviewed on 2/05/2015 Jenna C

Groove Authority far exceeded my expectations from start to finish. Paul Fudin (band member and primary contact) was extremely easy to work with and made planning effortless. I can't thank him enough for all of his time and attention to detail. Our wedding day went by so fast,... Read More but one of my fondest memories was of Groove Authority. They are all talented musicians/vocalists and covered our favorite songs perfectly. Initially I was concerned about hiring a band because at previous weddings I’ve attended, the music was sub-par. A live band doesn’t always mean higher quality music. However, each and every song performed by Groove Authority was flawless, and they had our guests dancing and laughing all evening. They transformed our event and made the reception a truly memorable experience. Out of all the wedding expenses, the money spent on hiring Groove Authority was one of our best decisions. Immediately after our wedding, my husband and I tried to think of another party we could host, just so we could hire them again! THANK YOU guys (and gal)! - Jenna and Nels

Groove Authority is the BEST!

Reviewed on 12/22/2014 Ashley C

Groove Authority single handedly made our wedding amazing. Paul as MC kept the flow of our night on track and did a great job incorporating our needs into the agenda. And the band was INCREDIBLE. I cannot express enough how awesome of a band Groove Authority is. Our venue called... Read More our wedding the "danciest" wedding they had ever seen because Groove Authority had literally everyone on the dance floor (parents, grandparents, young cousins, etc) throughout the night. They play each song with incredible energy and are true performers -- you can see and hear how much they get into each song from their dancing and energy. They brought passion to their performance and this caused our guests to bring excitement to the dancefloor. Groove Authority is spot on with their covers and are able to perform a wide range of genres/songs successfully. They sounded on key for everything from the Rolling Stones to Taylor Swift. We got so many compliments about the band after the event and people are still talking about how awesome Groove Authority was at our wedding! Our guests want to see them perform again. They really made our wedding and I would recommend them to anyone!