Groove Authority/The Party Factor Wedding Bands

Serving New England and The East Coast

New Englands Favorite Wedding Bands!

Groove Authority and The Party Factor play everything! Our repertoire includes Top 40, Pop, Rock, R&B, Motown, Funk, Soul, as well as Disco, Swing, Jazz, Reggae and Hip-Hop. If you are looking for a band that's fun, entertaining and versatile at an affordable price, you have found them!

Instruments

Flute, Guitar, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, Polka

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Serving New England and The East Coast

This band is a MUST!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Meredith M

Groove Authority was absolutely the best investment that we made in our wedding reception. All of our guests are still raving about what an amazing time they had on the dance floor. Groove Authority clearly has a great ability to read the room and be flexible in playing to the... Read More crowd. They appealed to the full range of guests at our wedding- even our toughest family members to please were up dancing and said they were just "outstanding." Paul was so organized and attentive to our every request. Groove Authority would be a wonderful addition to any wedding and owe the success of reception entirely to them.

Amazing band

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Amy P

This band was everything we hoped for, and more. From start to finish, they were professional, responsive, and easy to work with. Most importantly, they were absolutely amazing at our wedding, and are wonderful, wonderful musicians. Our guests were so impressed that multiple... Read More members of our family and friends have since approached them about playing at their weddings and events. We cannot speak highly enough of our experience with them.

Amazing band, Amazing party!

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Katherine S

Groove Authority had my wedding guests raving about the music for weeks after my wedding! I was very impressed with their song list and their ability to learn new songs to cater to our requests. GA learned our first dance song and the song sounded just as amazing as the... Read More recorded version that I sent them. The music for the rest of the reception was amazing and had everyone dancing all night (even through dinner!). Paul, the band manager was a joy to work with. He was pleasant, professional and really did everything he could to make our experience amazing. We hired GA for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and they continued to play good quality, well done music from all genres for the whole event. GA drove all the way up to Vermont for our wedding and stayed an hour late because I kept adding additional half hours on to the end time as the night went on and the party continued. The band was very flexible to work with and I would very highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Anna W

We hired the party factor for our wedding and they were AWESOME! Everyone raved about the band! I was a little nervous because the singers had changed from when we went to hear them but I had nothing to be worried about they exceeded all my expectations! I would recommend... Read More them to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 James K

Groove Authority was amazing at our wedding! Book them for your wedding and it will be the best decision you make. We had a blast on the dance floor and countless guests told us that Groove Authority was the best wedding band they had ever heard. They sounded great, played all... Read More the songs we requested (from their extensive playlist), and did a fantastic job of keeping our reception on schedule. Paul from Groove Authority was extremely professional and responsive in the months leading up to the wedding, listening to our special requests and making suggestions based on his experience. At the reception, everything went off without a hitch. Having a great wedding band was very important to us and Groove Authority delivered. Guests of all ages were dancing all night. We can’t recommend Groove Authority enough – thank you for making our wedding so special!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Jillian R

If you're thinking about hiring the Party Factor, do it! They played at our wedding two weeks ago and it was awesome. The energy that the band brought got everyone dancing from my little cousins, to my friends that "don't dance", to even my grandparents. Justin was an awesome MC... Read More who both got the party started, and kept the evening's events moving smoothly. The band also plays music from every generation and genre which was a crowd pleaser. The Party Factor truly made the evening special. Rick and Paul were both very professional and easy to work with. They went above and beyond to answer all of our questions leading up to the event, get the timeline down perfectly, and accommodate our special requests including learning a few new songs, sending us a recorded version of our first dance song so we could practice, and allowing my cousin to join them in signing a few songs. Definitely well worth the cost and I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Elyssa R

If you want great talent, all your guests on the dance floor, and the perfect soundtrack for your wedding - hire The Party Factor! After seeing them perform at a showcase, we knew they were great. However, they still blew us away the night of our wedding. After the last song... Read More played every guest chanted "One More Song!" and of course, The Party Factor played one more. We've been to a lot of weddings but have never seen that happen! Our guests are still telling us how amazing our band was. Thank you Party Factor for making our special day even more perfect!!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Allison B

It does not get any better than the Groove Authority - every single wedding guest was on the dance floor at our reception - young cousins to 80 year old grandparents. They engage the crowd and are phenomenal musicians. They were organized, professional, and helped me organize... Read More the timeline of the day in advance. They provided ceremony music, cocktail hour jazz, and dynamite dance floor moments. Our guests even cheered for an encore and they played one more song to end the night - it was perfect. We cannot thank them enough for making our day so memorable for everyone!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Carey M

You want to have a great time at your wedding, right? Like a REALLY great time. Groove Authority will absolutely make it happen! ~They are fantastic!!! From chilled out dinner music to "dance your booty / dessert off," this is the band you should hire. Great selection of... Read More songs and very dedicated to learning a few specific ones for your special day. Really talented musicians and vocalists. We had compliments from pretty much every guest on "how fun and amazing" the band was. Paul (the head honcho) is very easy to work with and communicate with (which was very important to me since I'm a US bride currently living in the UK). My husband (yay) and I highly recommend Groove Authority!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Meghan H

If you are looking for a wedding band, look no further. Groove Authority is AMAZING!!! We are so grateful to Paul for his professionalism and organization leading up to our big day. From the moment we booked, he went above and beyond for us. On our wedding day, our dance floor... Read More was packed every minute of our reception. They kept the party going throughout our entire wedding. They answered all of our song requests making every detail PERFECT! Thank you Groove Authority for making our wedding entertainment so special. WE HAD A BLAST!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Aimee C

These guys were AWESOME. Hire them. We kind of hired them on a wing and a prayer - we live in England, but were getting married outside Boston, so we just went on reviews & their videos (PS - their candid videos just roaming around YouTube were my favorite - you really got to... Read More see people rocking out, which was what sold me on them), hiring them not having ever heard them play. I felt a bit like we were playing Plinko, hoping the chips fell where they may.... ...and they were one of the best luck-outs we had the entire wedding. They were amazing, and people afterwards really did come up and say "GREAT band, guys" - it was the single more frequently heard comment we got. These guys were legitimately the hit of the entire reception. So much so that during dinner, we had a break between courses, and I looked up - and my entire family was on the dance floor - I had to call them back and yell, "There's still more food!" but they were so ready to rock out. :) They played until 12:30am, and when they closed up, people were in such a good mood, we literally had to yell - "The bus is leaving!" to get them to stop dancing to the lingering iPod music. They were easy to work with, no stress, and just good all-around people. Highly, highly recommend.

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Carson T

WOW. We knew right away that these guys were awesome. We actually tried to book them before the venue but thats not exactly how things work. Right off the bat, Paul was super professional/ responsive and helpful through the whole process of wedding planning providing the... Read More guidance that we needed. They were thorough in preparation so that we knew exactly what was coming and when it was happening the day of. Their music speaks for itself. They are so talented and sound absolutely outstanding. They played to the audience so well. Once it was really party time, they had everyone from ages 8-80 dancing up a storm. They are so fun, they clearly love what they do, and that shows in their music. I cant say enough about how unbelievable they really were, in person, up close and personal.

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Rebecca C

Wow! This band helped bring our vision for a wedding to life! They were professional, nice, flexible, and most important, so good that we are still talking (weeks later) about what a great choice we made in choosing them!

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Desirée C

You NEED to have Groove Authority at your wedding! They were absolutely AMAZING!! Our wedding guests were awed by how awesome they were, complementing their incredible range. Paul was whom we worked with. He was super easy to work with, he was professional, and very kind. Our... Read More guests have told us Groove Authority is the BEST band they have heard despite all the weddings they have been to. Thank you Groove Authority for making our wedding a huge hit!

Kept the party going from start to finish. Best band in New England!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Lisa M

We knew from the beginning of planning that we wanted to have a band and we had to pick out one that would be able to satisfy both sides of our family (groom is Portuguese and I am African American) and the different generations. We went to a showcase and no one else showed up... Read More so we were the only people and had a personal show. At first, it was a very awkward but by the second song we were grooving along because they were so fun, talented and engaging. We hired them that night. Rick, the band leader was very helpful throughout the year of planning. The band accommodated our request for our first dance and learned 3 songs for us. There was a slight hiccup in our first dance (Party Factor sang the first half of the song then they were to switch on the techno version of the song for the 2nd half of our dance and it was flipped on too quickly and we didn't do a part of our dance), probably because they couldn't see us with our wedding party standing in front of them but it didn't even matter cause no one noticed and they were so awesome. This band was the highlight of our wedding and worth every penny. The band ate during cocktail hour and were ready to go when the reception started. They played through dinner and it really set the tone for the rest of the reception. The music from the beginning was so perfectly chosen by the band for the diverse crowd. Once the party got started, the guests were on the dance floor all night. There was never a moment when the dance floor wasn't full. They did Blurred Lines and had a circle and the lead male singer came out into the crowd and picked out guests to dance in the middle and almost made a game of it. It was so fun. Unlikely guests were picked and really had a good time with it. One of my favorite memories of the night. They even let the groom's uncle sing a song with the band for a song. The interaction of the band with the crowd was so cool; I've never seen anything like it. The lead singers were unbelievable and the band was really talented. Our guests still rave about how Party Factor was the best band they'd ever seen and I'd have to agree. I will use them whenever I need a band for personal or professional use. Splurge on your band because people are going to remember how much fun they had, not the small details you are worried about. Thank you Party Factor for an incredible night of music.

Reviewed on 1/01/2016

A great band makes a wedding and that is exactly what Groove Authority did! They have amazing talent and an extraordinary song list and were most pleasant to work with. There wasn't an empty space on the dance floor all evening and they even came on the dance floor with us.... Read More Best investment!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Allyson G

This band is absolutely incredible!!! We wanted a band that would keep everyone dancing and brought high energy to the floor--and man did they do that! Everyone at our wedding could not get over just how amazing the band was. All of our guests were dancing from the moment the... Read More first dance was over until the reception was over. The band was also incredibly professional and great to work with. Paul Fudin (the band leader) is the main contact person and he was so great from the beginning! They did an awesome job of accommodating all of our requests and making our wedding unbelievable. So happy we picked this band!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015

We never had any doubt that we wanted to hire a live band to perform at our wedding. However, since we were travelling from out of town, we were worried about tracking down a group that could make the trek to Maine's coast for a Sunday wedding. But from the first time we heard... Read More their recordings on their website, Groove Authority was the epitome of professionalism and quality. They were easy to get a hold of, transparent with their costs and what their services were, and were ready to go on time and in full gear on the big day. Now let's talk about the actual music. Let's get one thing clear right off the bat: this was the best live band to which I've ever had the pleasure of dancing. I found out after the wedding that half the audience thought our opening dance song (If I Ain't Got You, by Alicia Keys) was actually just a CD recording, because the band was actually that good. Personally I thought they were better than the CD recording (with all due respect to Ms. Keys). I had originally given them a list of songs that I thought would go well with the evening, and while they stuck with them for the dinner (more classic crooner stuff), I am so happy that they took the reins for the dance segment. If they had listened to me it would have been a snorefest. Instead, we rocked to Journey, Bruno Mars, Neil Diamond, Daft Punk, Pharrel, Beyonce, and yes, every single person danced their butts off to Taylor Swift. Keep in mind, this was a relatively conservative (though excessively fun-filled) wedding in Kennebunkport, Maine, but by the end of the night, we were dancing with the servers, having dance-offs with the lead singer, and there was not a dry shirt to be found. When was the last wedding you went to where the entire dance floor was full until the venue shut you down? I can't remember either. Ultimately, they were worth every single penny we spent, and after three months it's still the first thing we hear when we ask people what they liked most about the wedding.

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Brittney O

Groove Authority was the best investment we made while planning our wedding! EVERYONE was dancing the entire reception! Groove Authority is an absolute must for any wedding :) They learned a few songs for our reception and ceremony, and provided awesome jazz music for the... Read More cocktail hour. They were so professional and responsive throughout the wedding planning process. Paul, the band leader and contact was a pleasure to work with. We would recommend this band to anyone looking to make a statement at their wedding - this band is a must have!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Cary F

Groove Authority did an amazing job at our wedding! They worked with us to develop the perfect set lists and to make our reception as personally tailored and meaningful as possible. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding band!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

We are so proud of the unbelievable music and atmosphere Groove Authority provided for our daughter's wedding. I have never seen a wedding where only six chairs were being used while the dancing was on. People are still talking about how great the band was six weeks later. Thank... Read More you for helping make this such a memorable event.

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Joanna C

Groove Authority is AMAZING! From the first time we contacted them to our wedding day. They were very professional, easy to work with, and just an amazing band. Their repertoire of music and versatility was incredible and they really understood what we were looking for. They... Read More definitely delivered! I would highly recommend this band! We had so many compliments the night of our wedding, and are still getting compliments.

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Meghan L

I have to say that booking Groove Authority for our wedding day was one of the best decisions we made surrounding our big day. My husband and I live in New York City and were married in Cape Cod so when my Mom came across Groove Authority’s website, we loved what we saw but were... Read More unable to make the trip to Boston to catch a showcase. If anyone reading this is unsure about booking them before seeing them in person, let me just say that you will not be disappointed! We knew the band choice was very important to us- we wanted music that would keep our amazing and fun-loving family members and friends on the dance floor. Groove Authority was beyond all expectations for us!! Not only did we completely overflow the dance floor at our reception venue all night, but all of our guests commented on how great the music was! Working with Paul over the phone throughout the year leading up to the wedding was also smooth and easy. The band learned our first dance song as well as a family favorite and both sounded absolutely amazing! We also submitted a play list and a do not play list and we were so happy with how everything turned out for the night! If you are looking for a band to keep your guests on the dance floor, look no further!! We were so happy we had Groove Authority part of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

I hired Groove Authority for a scientific conference held in Cape Cod. I would highly recommend this group to anyone needing music services, regardless if it is a wedding or corporate function. They were very easy to work with, and provided an excellent performance. They had... Read More my group up and dancing after just a few songs, something completely unexpected from a group of scientists! Groove Authority had an exceptional presence, unbelievable singers, and outstanding musical artists. If you want to host the party everyone will be taking about, you need Groove Authority!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Meg M

It really doesn't get better than Groove Authority. The only thing my husband requested at our wedding was a live band versus a DJ. No problem, so we are scoping out bands and saw the amazing reviews Groove Authority received. Let me tell you they DO NOT disappoint. We had a... Read More family friend play our ceremony music, but Paul was amazing and for a small fee hooked us up with a mic system for both him and our officiant. We had a saxophonist and a pianist play our cocktail hour, and they were phenomenal. And then there was a reception... I have never been to a wedding where people started dancing BEFORE dinner. Literally, these guys had my guests out of their seats before they ate! It was amazing. There was a point where I was meeting and greeting at tables and just had to stop because no one was at their seats. These guys MADE our wedding what it was. My guests are still abuzz about the band and I have received MULTIPLE inquiries from people at our wedding about them to use at their own weddings or functions. Is a traditional band more money than a DJ? Absolutely. But, you won't have to get a Photo Booth or any other type of entertainment because these guys are it. By far, the best money we spent on our big day!