Groove Authority/The Party Factor Wedding Bands

Serving New England and The East Coast

Flute, Guitar, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, Polka

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Serving New England and The East Coast

This band is a MUST!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Meredith M

Groove Authority was absolutely the best investment that we made in our wedding reception. All of our guests are still raving about what an amazing time they had on the dance floor. Groove Authority clearly has a great ability to read the room and be flexible in playing to the... Read More crowd. They appealed to the full range of guests at our wedding- even our toughest family members to please were up dancing and said they were just "outstanding." Paul was so organized and attentive to our every request. Groove Authority would be a wonderful addition to any wedding and owe the success of reception entirely to them.

Amazing band

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Amy P

This band was everything we hoped for, and more. From start to finish, they were professional, responsive, and easy to work with. Most importantly, they were absolutely amazing at our wedding, and are wonderful, wonderful musicians. Our guests were so impressed that multiple... Read More members of our family and friends have since approached them about playing at their weddings and events. We cannot speak highly enough of our experience with them.

Amazing band, Amazing party!

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Katherine S

Groove Authority had my wedding guests raving about the music for weeks after my wedding! I was very impressed with their song list and their ability to learn new songs to cater to our requests. GA learned our first dance song and the song sounded just as amazing as the... Read More recorded version that I sent them. The music for the rest of the reception was amazing and had everyone dancing all night (even through dinner!). Paul, the band manager was a joy to work with. He was pleasant, professional and really did everything he could to make our experience amazing. We hired GA for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and they continued to play good quality, well done music from all genres for the whole event. GA drove all the way up to Vermont for our wedding and stayed an hour late because I kept adding additional half hours on to the end time as the night went on and the party continued. The band was very flexible to work with and I would very highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jen

Groove Authority played at my sister's wedding in 2014 and I knew ever since then that I would book them for my own wedding. We specifically picked the date of our wedding on a weekend when they had availability. Their lead female vocalist had changed since 2014 and personally I... Read More think the original one was better, but the new one is still amazing, as is the lead male vocalist and the rest of the band as well. Our dance floor was packed the entire night, even before dinner/toasts. Paul learned to play/sing Sweet Home Chicago as a tribute to my husband's hometown and where we now live, and he absolutely killed it. We had a few timing issues on the night of our wedding which was completely the venue's fault, and Paul did get pretty stressed out about it (understandably). It would have made me feel better if he had been a bit more laid back about everything as it was happening, but it all ended up working out. I would highly recommend Groove Authority - they were the best investment that we made. They have a great ability to read a crowd, they interact with everyone on the dance floor, and they're just incredibly talented at what they do.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Alessandra S

As a couple with little to no musical taste overlap and a family that is heavily involved in and knowledgeable about music, our group was a hard one to please when it came time to choosing a wedding band. Groove Authority was the PERFECT match for us and for our families.... Read More Every person who talks about our wedding has mentioned how awesome the band was. Groove Authority played for both the reception and cocktail hour, and they were wonderful for both. The jazz for cocktail hour was perfect and the reception music was lively and fun, a perfect mix of fast and slow songs. Groove Authority even learned three songs jut for us – for our first dance and both parent dances – and they did a magnificent job with each of them. Paul was great to work with from the beginning; very responsive, organized, and helpful. We would recommend Groove Authority a million times over!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Maggie H

BOOK THEM NOW!!!! I emailed and talked to and checked out online maybe 20 bands?? And I ended up going with Groove Authority and it was the best decision I made! The band was most important to me, so it took a long time to figure out who I was going to go with and this group... Read More is truly amazing. I am not from the Boston area so I was never able to see them perform live, but their videos on line were SO helpful! The band manager Paul is so easy to work with and very organized. They learned an original song that my dad had written about me years ago, and they played it for the father/daughter dance. They also learned a few other songs for us. Even a month later, my guests keep telling me how amazing the band was and how much they loved them. They kept the party going all night and the dance floor was packed. They play an awesome mix of oldies and top 40 (but they work with you on that). The lead singers were fantastic - nailed every song! Book this band, you won't go wrong, they were the best!!! I am so happy I did!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Suzy C

Groove Authority was a key component of our wedding day and one of the best decisions we made, as they set the fun and lively tone for our reception. From the bridal party entrances to the last song of the night, Groove Authority kept our guests entertained and on the dance... Read More floor all night. Our guests all raved about the band and we couldn't be happier with their performance. On top of being fantastic musicians, Paul was very responsive and easy to work with leading up to our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Ann C

One of the best decisions we made was hiring Groove Authority to play our reception! The music and getting people up and dancing was the most important thing to my husband and I, and Groove Authority did just that! They were fun, dynamic and talented and guests have been raving... Read More about the band ever since! We even heard a few guests grabbed cards from Paul for weddings they are planning in their families. They had the whole room, young to old, up and dancing and everyone was chanting "one more song!" at the end of the night. Paul was so easy to work with leading up to the wedding and he was a true professional and a great emcee for the reception. You can't go wrong with these guys. I would recommend them to anyone and already have! Thank you, Groove Authority!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Shannon P

Let me just say that booking Groove Authority for our wedding was one of the BEST decisions we could have made! They absolutely killed it! The band leader, Paul, was amazing to work with from the get-go. He's a true, seasoned professional, and he knows what he is doing. You will... Read More be in great hands! Paul was very flexible with us -- Groove Authority was willing to help us meet our budget requirements; They added extra horn players to fit the overall sound we wanted; and they even learned a variety of new songs to meet our needs. The entire planning process was seamless, easy, and fun -- and this band DELIVERED. Every guest at our wedding was blown away by Groove Authority, and numerous guests said our wedding was the best wedding they had ever been to, due in large part to this band. We told Paul we had a dancing crowd, and Groove Authority certainly catered to this -- playing three songs right off the get-go so everyone was up and dancing before salad was served. At the end of the night, the singers and horn players even came out into the middle of the dance floor and danced and celebrated with guests. My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Groove Authority. We HIGHLY recommend this band, and we are forever grateful to them for helping to make our wedding night so fun and special. Their professionalism, experience, and skill level cannot be matched. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Rachel D

SO GREAT! Paul was so great to deal with...he was always quick to respond to emails or phone calls. They learned 2 or 3 new songs for us and they were PERFECT. Everyone commented how amazing the band was...even people who normally prefer DJs! I wish they could have played... Read More forever and that I could have cut out all the speeches so we had more time to dance!! They are so so so so great you need to have them at your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Melinda V

I am so happy that we hired Groove Authority as our wedding band, because they absolutely made the night! We had the keyboardist for the ceremony, a keyboard and sax player at cocktail hour, and the full band for the reception. Our guests are still raving about how much fun they... Read More had, and how great the band was. They were on time, professional, and were a pleasure to work with in the months leading up to our event. We highly recommend them to any couple who is looking for a fun and memorable night!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Anna W

We hired the party factor for our wedding and they were AWESOME! Everyone raved about the band! I was a little nervous because the singers had changed from when we went to hear them but I had nothing to be worried about they exceeded all my expectations! I would recommend... Read More them to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 James K

Groove Authority was amazing at our wedding! Book them for your wedding and it will be the best decision you make. We had a blast on the dance floor and countless guests told us that Groove Authority was the best wedding band they had ever heard. They sounded great, played all... Read More the songs we requested (from their extensive playlist), and did a fantastic job of keeping our reception on schedule. Paul from Groove Authority was extremely professional and responsive in the months leading up to the wedding, listening to our special requests and making suggestions based on his experience. At the reception, everything went off without a hitch. Having a great wedding band was very important to us and Groove Authority delivered. Guests of all ages were dancing all night. We can’t recommend Groove Authority enough – thank you for making our wedding so special!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Jillian R

If you're thinking about hiring the Party Factor, do it! They played at our wedding two weeks ago and it was awesome. The energy that the band brought got everyone dancing from my little cousins, to my friends that "don't dance", to even my grandparents. Justin was an awesome MC... Read More who both got the party started, and kept the evening's events moving smoothly. The band also plays music from every generation and genre which was a crowd pleaser. The Party Factor truly made the evening special. Rick and Paul were both very professional and easy to work with. They went above and beyond to answer all of our questions leading up to the event, get the timeline down perfectly, and accommodate our special requests including learning a few new songs, sending us a recorded version of our first dance song so we could practice, and allowing my cousin to join them in signing a few songs. Definitely well worth the cost and I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Elyssa R

If you want great talent, all your guests on the dance floor, and the perfect soundtrack for your wedding - hire The Party Factor! After seeing them perform at a showcase, we knew they were great. However, they still blew us away the night of our wedding. After the last song... Read More played every guest chanted "One More Song!" and of course, The Party Factor played one more. We've been to a lot of weddings but have never seen that happen! Our guests are still telling us how amazing our band was. Thank you Party Factor for making our special day even more perfect!!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Allison B

It does not get any better than the Groove Authority - every single wedding guest was on the dance floor at our reception - young cousins to 80 year old grandparents. They engage the crowd and are phenomenal musicians. They were organized, professional, and helped me organize... Read More the timeline of the day in advance. They provided ceremony music, cocktail hour jazz, and dynamite dance floor moments. Our guests even cheered for an encore and they played one more song to end the night - it was perfect. We cannot thank them enough for making our day so memorable for everyone!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Carey M

You want to have a great time at your wedding, right? Like a REALLY great time. Groove Authority will absolutely make it happen! ~They are fantastic!!! From chilled out dinner music to "dance your booty / dessert off," this is the band you should hire. Great selection of... Read More songs and very dedicated to learning a few specific ones for your special day. Really talented musicians and vocalists. We had compliments from pretty much every guest on "how fun and amazing" the band was. Paul (the head honcho) is very easy to work with and communicate with (which was very important to me since I'm a US bride currently living in the UK). My husband (yay) and I highly recommend Groove Authority!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Meghan H

If you are looking for a wedding band, look no further. Groove Authority is AMAZING!!! We are so grateful to Paul for his professionalism and organization leading up to our big day. From the moment we booked, he went above and beyond for us. On our wedding day, our dance floor... Read More was packed every minute of our reception. They kept the party going throughout our entire wedding. They answered all of our song requests making every detail PERFECT! Thank you Groove Authority for making our wedding entertainment so special. WE HAD A BLAST!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Aimee C

These guys were AWESOME. Hire them. We kind of hired them on a wing and a prayer - we live in England, but were getting married outside Boston, so we just went on reviews & their videos (PS - their candid videos just roaming around YouTube were my favorite - you really got to... Read More see people rocking out, which was what sold me on them), hiring them not having ever heard them play. I felt a bit like we were playing Plinko, hoping the chips fell where they may.... ...and they were one of the best luck-outs we had the entire wedding. They were amazing, and people afterwards really did come up and say "GREAT band, guys" - it was the single more frequently heard comment we got. These guys were legitimately the hit of the entire reception. So much so that during dinner, we had a break between courses, and I looked up - and my entire family was on the dance floor - I had to call them back and yell, "There's still more food!" but they were so ready to rock out. :) They played until 12:30am, and when they closed up, people were in such a good mood, we literally had to yell - "The bus is leaving!" to get them to stop dancing to the lingering iPod music. They were easy to work with, no stress, and just good all-around people. Highly, highly recommend.

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Carson T

WOW. We knew right away that these guys were awesome. We actually tried to book them before the venue but thats not exactly how things work. Right off the bat, Paul was super professional/ responsive and helpful through the whole process of wedding planning providing the... Read More guidance that we needed. They were thorough in preparation so that we knew exactly what was coming and when it was happening the day of. Their music speaks for itself. They are so talented and sound absolutely outstanding. They played to the audience so well. Once it was really party time, they had everyone from ages 8-80 dancing up a storm. They are so fun, they clearly love what they do, and that shows in their music. I cant say enough about how unbelievable they really were, in person, up close and personal.

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Rebecca C

Wow! This band helped bring our vision for a wedding to life! They were professional, nice, flexible, and most important, so good that we are still talking (weeks later) about what a great choice we made in choosing them!

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Desirée C

You NEED to have Groove Authority at your wedding! They were absolutely AMAZING!! Our wedding guests were awed by how awesome they were, complementing their incredible range. Paul was whom we worked with. He was super easy to work with, he was professional, and very kind. Our... Read More guests have told us Groove Authority is the BEST band they have heard despite all the weddings they have been to. Thank you Groove Authority for making our wedding a huge hit!

Kept the party going from start to finish. Best band in New England!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Lisa M

We knew from the beginning of planning that we wanted to have a band and we had to pick out one that would be able to satisfy both sides of our family (groom is Portuguese and I am African American) and the different generations. We went to a showcase and no one else showed up... Read More so we were the only people and had a personal show. At first, it was a very awkward but by the second song we were grooving along because they were so fun, talented and engaging. We hired them that night. Rick, the band leader was very helpful throughout the year of planning. The band accommodated our request for our first dance and learned 3 songs for us. There was a slight hiccup in our first dance (Party Factor sang the first half of the song then they were to switch on the techno version of the song for the 2nd half of our dance and it was flipped on too quickly and we didn't do a part of our dance), probably because they couldn't see us with our wedding party standing in front of them but it didn't even matter cause no one noticed and they were so awesome. This band was the highlight of our wedding and worth every penny. The band ate during cocktail hour and were ready to go when the reception started. They played through dinner and it really set the tone for the rest of the reception. The music from the beginning was so perfectly chosen by the band for the diverse crowd. Once the party got started, the guests were on the dance floor all night. There was never a moment when the dance floor wasn't full. They did Blurred Lines and had a circle and the lead male singer came out into the crowd and picked out guests to dance in the middle and almost made a game of it. It was so fun. Unlikely guests were picked and really had a good time with it. One of my favorite memories of the night. They even let the groom's uncle sing a song with the band for a song. The interaction of the band with the crowd was so cool; I've never seen anything like it. The lead singers were unbelievable and the band was really talented. Our guests still rave about how Party Factor was the best band they'd ever seen and I'd have to agree. I will use them whenever I need a band for personal or professional use. Splurge on your band because people are going to remember how much fun they had, not the small details you are worried about. Thank you Party Factor for an incredible night of music.

Reviewed on 1/01/2016

A great band makes a wedding and that is exactly what Groove Authority did! They have amazing talent and an extraordinary song list and were most pleasant to work with. There wasn't an empty space on the dance floor all evening and they even came on the dance floor with us.... Read More Best investment!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Allyson G

This band is absolutely incredible!!! We wanted a band that would keep everyone dancing and brought high energy to the floor--and man did they do that! Everyone at our wedding could not get over just how amazing the band was. All of our guests were dancing from the moment the... Read More first dance was over until the reception was over. The band was also incredibly professional and great to work with. Paul Fudin (the band leader) is the main contact person and he was so great from the beginning! They did an awesome job of accommodating all of our requests and making our wedding unbelievable. So happy we picked this band!!

Start a Conversation!