Your wedding story, told with skill and style!

Welcome to the wedding photography of Brenda Rose & Paul Grupp; two experienced professionals shooting weddings, engagements, elopements and surprise proposals together. We are a boutique studio offering personalized service and a romantic blend of classic style and journalistic storytelling. . .always keeping it fresh. Check out our website; browse our diverse and extensive portfolio. Whether your style is DIY country to edgy urban, from classic and traditional to wildly unconventional, you can be confident that we will perfectly capture the meaning and fun of your unique day! We're honored that so many couples trust us to tell their wedding day story, and then refer us to friends and family. We'd love to be part of YOUR celebration - let's talk!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

930 NW 12th Ave, #305, Portland, OR Portland, OR and the Pacific Northwest (503) 799-9802
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Kylie B

I cannot say enough good things about Paul and Brenda! I searched for photographers for quite awhile knowing that my pictures were one of the most important aspects of my wedding day. After reading nothing but great reviews and going over their pat work I decided to meet with... Read More Paul and Brenda, and knew at that first meeting they were the perfect duo to photograph our wedding. They offered great advice and made the process truly about us, and I had constant communication with them leading up to our wedding day. When they arrived on our wedding day they got straight to work and Brenda was so good about helping me stay calm as I was getting ready and captured so many special moments during that time such as my dress reveal to my father. More impressively after the ceremony they handled our very large bridal party and even larger family with ease during group photos . We got through all my requested shots and did some more fun bridal party pictures that they suggested which are now some of my favorite. They also worked in so much time to get photos of just my husband and I at different locations all around our venue and at different points throughout the night to get the best lighting. They captured each point of our wedding perfectly and there was so much detail in the shots. Most importantly, our photos came out BEAUTIFUL! I received so many edited photos from beginning to end of our day and have received a ton of compliments from family and friends on our photos. Paul and Brenda are not only professional but take the time to become really involved and personal about your special occasion . I made the best possible choice with them and would recommend them to any future bride looking for perfect pictures to cherish forever.

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Amanda S

Brenda and Paul are true professionals and helped make our wedding day perfect with their photography talent and experience. They were extremely organized and helpful when it came to getting the wedding party and families ready for pictures. We could not be happier with how... Read More the photos came out and how they were able to capture our love story in the most beautiful way. From the first meeting with Brenda and Paul we were convinced that they would be the perfect choice for our wedding photographers and we were right! They were a pleasure to work with and we will treasure our beautiful photos forever. Thank you Brenda and Paul!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Both Paul and Brenda were professional and wonderful to work with during our April wedding. They made us feel completely at ease and comfortable the whole day. We set up a timeline ahead of time together, key to keeping the night on track! Having two photographers was key to... Read More capturing some touching moments during our first look and ceremony. During this and the reception Paul and Brenda were always in the place for the best shots but never in the way of our or our guests fun. We have gotten so many compliments on the beauty of our wedding photos. We actually had such a hard time choosing our favorite photos for the album so we let them use their creativity to design it for us--gorgeous! All in all we couldn't have been more pleased with our choice of wedding photographers! Paul and Brenda are amazing at what they do and it truly shows in their work!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Jessica B

Brenda did an amazing job capturing our day. We were thrilled with our photos, you could feel the love pouring through her images, she truly captured the essence and emotion in each moment. Organizing and communicating was easy and clear. She made us feel comfortable leading up... Read More to the event and day of she kept things moving. Can't say enough good things! A big thank you to Brenda!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Dana A

Paul and Brenda are absolutely magnificent! They are passionate about what they do and they are all about making you look amazing! Not only do they take fantastic photos but they are great people too. I was a little awkward at our engagement shoot, but they made me feel so... Read More comfortable that by the time the wedding came around I was able to take some awesome photos. Paul and Brenda don't mess around. They are quick and precise, get the shot every time and are very affordable. I would highly recommend them to photograph your next occasion!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Alex W

Brenda and Paul were great. We mainly worked with Brenda, who was friendly, organized, well-prepared, and overall the ideal photographer. She had a perspective on what shots she wanted and she helped us coordinate all of the wedding party members. Thank you Grupp & Rose... Read More Photography!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Marissa E

Seriously can not say enough about them! So wonderful! Photos are AMAZING and they are just so fun to work with! So grateful I found them! I recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Alana D

Brenda and Paul did an amazing job on our wedding. We wanted someone we were comfortable with, that was professional, and that would take the lead on getting the pictures without us stressing about anything, and Grupp & Rose more than accomplished this. They are so talented... Read More and professional and there isn't a single moment of the night that I wish had been captured that wasn't. When we saw the finished product, we were totally blown away but how beautiful they turned out. Not to mention we got all the pictures back while we were still on our honeymoon! We feel so lucky to have found Grupp and Rose and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for beautiful wedding photos with zero stress.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Ali B

Paul and Brenda did an amazing job capturing our wedding. They were easy to work with and made the day fun and easy! And the pictures turned out beautiful!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Hannah J

I highly recommend Grupp & Rose Photography for any couple in the Portland area! They were a pleasure to work with start to finish. They shot both our engagement photos and our wedding. Anyone who wants beautiful pictures that capture the moments and emotions of your event needs... Read More to book them ASAP! They take pictures that tell your story. I stumbled across Grupp & Rose when I was unhappy with the photographer I planned on using. Paul & Brenda were quick to respond to my emails and were very informative. They worked with my budget and time frame (both were small). They picked the perfect location for our engagement shoot, and they were amazing to work with! We felt comfortable from the moment we met, and they made the experience a fond memory. The pictures turned out amazing as well. It looks like we stepped out of a fairy tale. They walked us through how to prep for the big day, and calmed this bride's nerves that everything would work out well. And when the wedding day arrived, I couldn't have asked for more professionalism. Paul shot the boys while Brenda stayed with us girls (since we didn't do a first look). They bent over backwards to capture every precious moment. They gave the perfect amount of direction, and they kept us on a very tight timeline without making us feel rushed. The pictures were once again stunning! (Plus, we had them by the time we got back from our honeymoon.) We relive every moment of our wedding day when we flip through our pictures. They ensured that every moment was captured. I can't say enough good things about them. I have had many guests tell me how much they enjoyed our photographers and the pictures. Don't waste your time with anyone else!

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Mel M

Wonderful to work with, vary prompt to get us our photos, and did their research on places to take the photos.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Justine R

Paul and Brenda were amazing on our special day! They captured everything from the small personal details to all the crazy, laughable, and sentimental moments! They blended well and were very friendly with everybody. All around a fantastic decision and experience!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Grayson A

Loved working with these photographers. They definitely have a passion for what they do. We had so many amazing photos at our wedding, he Paul definitely captured lots of moments. I was a little disappointed in the group/wedding party line up shots, I think the photographers are... Read More better at the snapshots than the group professional shots. Overall though had a great experience with them and get lots of compliments on how our wedding photos turned out.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Bridget M

I can't recommend Grupp & Rose highly enough. Brenda shot our wedding a few weeks ago and she was a breeze to work with. She is relaxed but professional and she captured our day perfectly. She was even game to go out in semi-extreme weather conditions to get some photos in a... Read More park that I wanted. I can't stop going through my beautiful pictures and remembering how awesome that day was.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Devon B

Paul and Brenda were so amazing to work with. They were incredibly professional, talented, and fun to shoot with. We couldn't be happier with our engagement and wedding photos! I would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Christa K

I just got our engagement pictures back from Paul and Brenda and they did an AMAZING job! We ended up with a huge selection for very reasonable price, no hidden fees, and they were very nice to work with. I've already referred a friend to them.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Tamar K

Paul and Brenda were very down to earth, professional and fun to work with. We really wanted to find photographers who could capture the candid moments of our special day in a more photojournalistic style. The other photographers we checked out were more expensive, and seemed... Read More more focused on the artistic photographs, like the more posed shots, and photos of the rings, the dress, etc, which we were less interested in. They were very generous with their time preceding the wedding, to meet with us, answer questions, and gave us plenty of advice and tips on do's and don'ts for the actual day. And we were very pleased with how the photos turned out - which were a varied combination of candids and posed shots (per their recommendation, for our family members, who would want them). The turnaround was quite fast, and they provided us with their favorite edited shots, as well as an entire gallery of all of the photos to choose from, that we could download and order prints from, share with our family and guests, and favorite, for the album which is included with our package, that they assemble for us. We were very lucky to have have found Paul and Brenda to capture our wedding day, and we would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Whitni B

A pleasure to work with. They produce amazing photos and help to put you at ease. Not much for getting my picture taken, neither is my husband. They helped us feel comfortable!

Reviewed on 7/17/2016

Grupp & Rose are amazing, personable and very professional. The clarity, capture of light and focus on moments are truly what makes the different. Stop reading and just view their work. You'll know.

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Ronda W

I could not have been more pleased with Grupp and Rose!!! Brenda was wonderful to work with for our single-photographer wedding. We had her for 6 hours and got about 450 images. So many great ones, we couldn't choose favorites. She was a pro and got all the best moments on... Read More film (including the one when I, the bride, tripped in the recessional). We got both posed and candid images, beautiful, and elegant. Our photo package included all digital images and a photo book. I cannot recommend Grupp and Rose enough!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

We were so happy with Grupp & Rose Photography. Both Paul and Brenda met with us before the event - they were very easy to talk to and professional. They explained everything upfront and offered lots of good tips and advice for our big day. On our wedding day Brenda drove out... Read More to be our photographer. She was so friendly and fun to work with. We got several compliments from our guests about how comfortable they felt around our photographer and what a great job she was doing! It was great to be in the hands of someone with so much experience; she worked with us to get what we wanted, but she also had some good tips for things we weren't quite sure about. And when we did get our pictures (with-in weeks which was awesome!) they were gorgeous! I highly recommend choosing Grupp & Rose to do your wedding photography!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Jen L

Brenda and Paul were recently our photographers for our engagement shoot and wedding and they were PHENOMENAL. They managed to capture all of the details of the day in such a beautiful, meaningful way! They made us feel SO comfortable and our pictures couldn't have come out... Read More better!

Fantastic Photos

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Karel-Maria H

What I liked best about these guys were their down to earth and calm attitudes. While I was slightly panicked they laid out helpful hints about what I can have done for my big day. Their experience really showed and I felt like I was in great hands. My wedding was fairly... Read More small and simple so I only had Brenda come out to shoot it. She was marvelous! She was personable with my guests but kept everyone on time and moving so we could get as many shots as possible. She moved quickly through the crowd and got great pictures of nice little moments, even moments that we didn't notice her being around for. That's how easily she moved through the crowd. They emailed teasers from the day really quickly and didn't have to wait very long for the full color and black and white album to be posted online. It was a great experience and I would happily use them again.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Very professional and respectful during our wedding. Our pictures and the album they put together for us came out beautifully!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Caitlin M

Paul and Brenda not only captured beautiful photos of our wedding day on a snowy day in February, but they also helped us wrangle and organize our very large wedding party (8 bridesmaids, 8 groomsmen, 2 ushers, and 1 ring bearer)! During our wedding, I barely noticed them there,... Read More but they captured all of the special moments - a mark of great wedding photographers. I truly believe that their wedding packages are the best value and I would recommend them to everyone.

Paul & Brenda

We are full-time professional wedding photographers with a boutique studio -- the photography you see in our portfolios and galleries is our own -- not some random photographer we hired on Craigslist. Our deep experience over more than a decade gives us the skills to handle everything from intimate elopements to international events. Our passion for continuous improvement keeps our work creative, fresh and engaging. In the end beautiful pictures of your day are only part of the story. We never forget that it's YOUR day, and our goal is to help you have a meaningful, happy, fun celebration.