Instruments

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Texas Statewide (210) 488-4388

Reviewed on 12/05/2017

This band played at my daughters reception. They were amazing. We were so lucky to have them play. The dancing never stopped. Thank you so much fir making the reception so much fun

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Karen S

Gunpowder Soup is the BEST!!! We hired them for our wedding reception this past Saturday at Luckenbach Dance Hall outside Fredericksburg, and they brought the PARTY! The band manager is so easy to work with, and accommodated all our requests...including our George Strait/Jon... Read More Pardi mash up first dance. They did an excellent job reading the crowd and adapted the playlist to keep the dance floor packed allllll night. One of the band members spent the entire night on the dance floor with us with a mic and guitar, rocking out and getting our friends involved. I could not have asked for a better band for our big night, and they were just so FUN! Central Texas, if you're getting married, or having a party, or just want some amazing entertainment, HIRE THESE GUYS!!!

2017-12-04T15:25:23 Response from the vendor

Gunpowder Soup had so much fun with your guests, Tyler and YOU! You are the only bride and groom I have seen dance 97% of the evening! Your wedding reception was "way cool"!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Danielle H

The band was a great fit for my wedding. The singer has an amazing voice and they provided a lot of entertainment. They even stayed an extra hour since my family was having such a great time. The male singer was on the dance floor letting the crowd sing and was so delightful.... Read More The groom and I ran late so we were unable to hear a lot of the music, but they did great at livening up the party. Would recommend to anyone in the Hill Country. They work great outdoors too.

2017-08-03T11:02:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. Your family was fun and we enjoyed their company. We wish you a blessed marriage.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Shelby H

Gunpowder Soup made our reception SO FUN! Jayna played and sang before and during the processional and recessional parts of the ceremony - she was so accommodating and sweet and was willing to learn whatever song we requested for our ceremony music. The whole band was at the... Read More reception and they seriously killed it! The dance floor was full pretty much all night and we have had a ton of people tell us it was one of the most fun weddings they have been to- which I truly believe was in large part due to our awesome band. The way they interact with the crowd and let people sing and play with them is so fun! Overall, I would totally recommend Gunpowder Soup for your wedding!!

2017-08-03T11:15:19 Response from the vendor

It was fun learning "She's Like Texas" for Derek to sing to you! He had your full attention. I love the wedding pictures in the magazine...everything is beautiful !

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Sarah B

Holy cow...I cannot say enough good things about Gunpowder Soup! They made our reception a blast - from letting guests play tambourines and sing into the mic to letting my husband and I come up on stage to rock out to the last song! Our guests were asking us where we found this... Read More band throughout the evening and after the wedding. They truly made our reception a night to remember for both us and our guests! Great value and quality, too!

Reviewed on 11/26/2015 Michele S

Gunpowder Soup is a fun and creative band. I had them perform for my wedding reception at Bella Springs Ranch. They had the guests up and dancing the whole time. Multiple times through out the night Marius came down into the audience with the mike and let the guests sing to the... Read More songs. They kept everyone up and on their feet laughing and dancing. I had multiple guests say that we had the best wedding reception they had ever been to and are still talking about it. I wholeheartedly believe it is because of this fun-loving group. I couldn't have asked for a better band!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Chesalon P

I asked Gunpowder Soup to play a BBQ for our rehearsal dinner and then the cocktail hour the next day. Jeanine answered emails incredibly quickly and was more than helpful with all questions and requests. Our guests had a blast, but be warned – they will require you to sing and... Read More dance with them!

Let the Good Times Roll!

Reviewed on 12/18/2014 Jennifer K

My husband and I were fortunate enough to have Gunpowder Soup agree to perform at our wedding. They'd come highly recommended and, luckily, played country (my favorite) and oldies (my husband's favorite). The band was approachable, allowed us to cater the play list to best suite... Read More our guests and even entertained my father and allowed him to play cowbell on a song or two. They allowed guests to join in on the microphones and came out from behind the stage to integrate with the crowd and enhance the overall experience. The guests loved it. We did too. As an added bonus, the band flawlessly edited our first dance song so that it wasn't too long but the edits weren't obvious. Their music was fantastic. We expected as much. Their flexible was astonishing. It couldn't be replaced. The enthusiasm and crowd engagement turned an otherwise typical wedding dance into a topic of conversation. We couldn't have made a better decision on hiring this group and would eagerly share our enthusiasm with brides and grooms to be.

Gunpowder Soup Band

Reviewed on 1/15/2014

I was an attendant at a wedding in Boerne and Gunpowder Soup was the band. They were amazing! Not only were they a great band that played several different genres but they were the coolest people! They really got the crowd involved in their performance by having the groom play... Read More the cow bell, my bridesmaids singing a song, and children playing instruments. Everyone loved that! Gunpowder Soup is a fantastic band!" Stacey Handy

Gunpowder Soup Rocks

Reviewed on 1/15/2014

The band was very professional and played a wide variety of music that pleased every guest!!! They got the party started the moment they took the stage!