Guys on the Radio: DJ Service

Starved Rock, LaSalle-Peru, Ottawa, Mendota, Princeton

Stress Free Weddings

Your wedding is a once in a lifetime event. We approach each wedding, understanding that it is a personal and unique experience. Our goal is make your reception a ’stress-free’ experience.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

504 East Cleveland Street, Spring Valley, IL Starved Rock, LaSalle-Peru, Ottawa, Mendota, Princeton (815) 200-9209

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Kelsey M

Seriously, the best! Never questioned who my DJ was going to be. I have seen "Guys" in action at a few weddings preceding mine, and was really impressed with how they carry themselves. I hired DJ Shap and DJ Tommy to DJ my wedding. From meeting with them a few times at... Read More bridal expo's, to sitting down with Shap two weeks before my wedding to finalize the reception, it was never unorganized, he always listened to any questions I had, and helped me make sure the reception, down to a T, was going to be perfect. They had the dance floor packed all night long - and the dance off between one of my husband's groomsmen and DJ Tommy was a real hit and so much fun! You will not regret booking Guys on the Radio!!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Whitney G

Guys on The Radio is hands down the best DJ service and I would choose them again in a heartbeat! When it came to entertainment for our reception, we had gotten rave reviews about Guys on the Radio from friends and family and we knew we had to check them out, once we found out... Read More they were North Central College alumni (just like my husband and me), we knew it was meant to be. Having a great dance party at the reception was very important to both of us and it was a no-brainer to go with Guys on the Radio - not only did they keep the party going and made the night run very smoothly, but they also helped coordinate all the details of the event so we could just enjoy it. At the end of the night, JC and Joe brought my husband and I back out on the dance floor to dance again to our first dance song, only this time they had edited clips from all of the wonderful speeches from earlier in the night into the song. Needless to say, I was overcome with emotion, and it was one of the most memorable moments of my wedding day. From help with the timeline to working with our photographer/videographer to get the perfect shots, the Guys on the Radio staff think of so many things you might not when planning your big day. JC and Sloppy Joe were the absolute best! They went above and beyond for us to make our night unforgettable. There is not a doubt in my mind that we made the best decision when it came to our reception. Our guests keep talking about how much fun that had and how fantastic the music was. Thank you, thank you, thank you guys for an amazing wedding day we'll never forget!!

2017-06-26T12:56:13 Response from the vendor

Whitney, thanks for your kind words! Your wedding was wonderful. We had a great time! - JC

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Juliana K

These guys are the best! I planned the whole event through email and phone calls, and everything went perfect! The flow of the night was awesome, they were professional and so nice, and they really made the party! The music was perfect, even though I was undecided and a bit... Read More vague in my music choices. They really read my mind and the crowd, took requests, and kept the party going. All I heard was rave reviews from my guests. We were married at starved rock, and they are extremely farm iliar with the venue, making everything even more seamless and flow well.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Billy C

Guys on the Radio did a good job at our wedding. We did feel like things we asked to be included had to be re-requested the day of. We asked for swing music before the day-of and the groom still had to go up and ask again. So just make sure you are clear, cause maybe we weren't!... Read More They were approachable and very nice guys. We would definitely recommend them.

2017-09-19T10:44:18 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words. I would love to learn more about this miscommunication with our DJs so we can avoid this with future events. Please email me at [email protected]

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Lindsey H

Hands down the best DJ service around!! I can't thank the " Guys on the radio" enough. They MADE my wedding day! Highly recommend is a understatement. The whole team is absolutely amazing. I could go on with all of the good to say about this team. Thank you ALL for making my day... Read More unforgettable! JC YOUR AMAZING! Thank you so much for everything!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 caroline d

This service rocks. The best. They had everyone on the dance floor and kept the party going. They were easy to work with, accommodating, knowledgeable, and the cost was reasonable. I recommend them without reservation. Awesome.

2017-08-02T13:34:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Amy S

We received so many compliments from our guests about Guys on the Radio as our DJ. They kept the night moving--there weren't any lulls during the reception--and really read the crowd for what type of music to play. The dance floor was busy the entire night! The uplighting... Read More "really tied the room together" and made our reception venue (Ottawa Knights of Columbus) pop. J.C. was great to meet with ahead of time, and we were able to share our vision for the evening. He really took planning seriously and handled so many of the little things related to running a reception. He even took our bridal party's drink orders so we wouldn't have to worry about getting a drink at the head table to toast with. The online planning tools were also helpful, and J.C. even included personal fun facts about each of our bridal party members during the announcement. Guys on the Radio made our reception go flawlessly; I can't recommend them enough! They are worth every penny and then some.

2017-07-25T15:45:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Amy! You made my job SUPER easy with all your notes and excellence in planning your day. I was happy to execute it for you!! -JC

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Raynor C

I would highly recommend these guys for a wedding super professional, and we got nothing but compliments on there service. They helped make the night perfect.

Reviewed on 3/21/2017

We had Guys on the Radio DJ our reception last weekend. Shap was our DJ, and he did a phenomenal job! He was really easy to work with. I couldn't be happier. He made the reception run really smoothly, and he was very professional. We've been getting compliments on him every day.... Read More Even the bartender said she's going to start suggesting Guys on the Radio to people. We really feel like a dj can make or break an event, and he definitely made it for us.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Julianna R

We had DJ Jon and he was awesome, we had a small wedding and he was able to keep the party going all night long. Kevin played guitar and sang and he was amazing. My guests were pleased and we were beyond happy. Thank you

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 cassie k

Absolutely the best! We had the pleasure to work with JC, such a kind man and extremely helpful! One of our best vendor choices! Highly recommend.

2016-12-11T16:56:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks Cassie! You guys were awesome! We had such a great time. - JC

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Karly F

We really enjoyed having JC as our wedding DJ! The only disappointment was that we were told two djs would be there, and there was only one.

2016-12-10T17:01:09 Response from the vendor

I apologize. We always staff 2 DJs, and the new DJ who was in training for this event, was let go because he failed to meet the expectations of our company. I didn't want to alarm you... but, as the owner of the business I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Angela D

I knew what a professional awesome guy JC was before my son's wedding, but I have to say, he went completely over and above anything we could have ever expected! From the gorgeous monogram and uplighting, to the slideshow, it was perfection! The dance floor overflowed with happy... Read More guests because he played the music � that kept people happy and enjoying themselves all night! I would say the DJ is the most important part of your party, and if you don't use Guys on the Radio you're missing out!! Thanks JC, you made our day!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Meghan H

Two weeks before the wedding, we sat down with Shap and he made sure he could pronounce names of the bridal party and to get final details ready. The online website was very nice to use as it had examples of top songs to choose for for mother/son dance, garter toss, etc. We used... Read More Guys on the Radio for uplighting and a custom light as well, that looked amazing. Shap was excellent at getting people on the dance floor. I highly recommend Guys on the Radio!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Jordan H

Guys on the Radio was a perfect match for our starved rock wedding. We worked mostly with Matt, who took us through every step of the day and made sure it was stress free and fun! We couldn't have asked for a better service and shout out to Easy E who kept the party going all... Read More night!!! I would absolutely recommend these guys for their wedding DJ service.

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Melanie D

Best choice of DJ in the area! They were absolutely wonderful! Made our wedding night one to remember. Almost 2 years later and everyone is still talking about it! So easy to plan with, loved their packages and pricing! Best vendor by far! Great work! Would recommend to anyone!... Read More Can't wait to celebrate with them again for my best friends wedding!

Amazing

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Carrie M

These guys are fantastic. They know exactly how to keep the party going. My brother and his fiance have even booked them for their wedding because of what a wonderful job they did at mine.

It was OK.

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Katie L

We chose these guys because of their prices and that they were part of our local radio stations. We got a DJ that we knew but I felt like it didn't flow very well. I said what type of music I wanted played but the music was not played. I don't know how much wedding experience... Read More our DJ had but I would have been happier if we had gotten Shap instead. My mom asked the DJ to play music she wanted and it was not played. But when one of our usher's asked for a certain song it got played right away. So I was not happy with that. And I was asked all night what I wanted to do and what type of dance to do even though we went through everything before hand. Even though the reception started late everything should have went the way we planned on it, just move the times back. If you pick these guys ask to have Shap do it. I think I would have been happier if someone else was our DJ. My family likes to dance and there was very little dancing. Was not happy with that.

2016-10-07T13:04:11 Response from the vendor

This was great feedback for us. We are new members to the Knot, which explains the delay in responding. We took the feedback from this bride's experience to make changes to how we train our staff and how the event should flow. We even made... Read Less Read More

Awesome

Reviewed on 12/10/2012 Jennifer B

I'm not sure what people do without DJs. JC kept the night flowing and got people up on the dance floor. He was so easy to work with and willing to play (or not play) whatever we wanted. He even did our slideshow for free to save us a few dollars.

DJ services

Reviewed on 10/10/2012 Jessica D

We used Jon Shap through guys on the Radio & he was so helpful & professional for our wedding. He stayed true to everything we discussed & kept the music flowing! I highly recommend using them.

Go DJ

Reviewed on 8/20/2012 Kelsey B

Great choice for a DJ. They did a great job working with us as we planned our wedding from New Jersey. They Skyped with us, gave us great feedback on our timeline, and were very professional. They played great music and really listened to the type of dancing and atmosphere my... Read More husband and I wanted to create. They took requests but kept our vision in mind. It was great!