Wedding and Event Flowers

Gypsy Blooms provides boutique wedding and event flowers, from vintage Texas chic to Southern sophisticate, the floral designers at Gypsy Blooms will make your event unforgettably, uniquely your own. Our inspiration is the amazing world we live in. We take an eclectic, artistic approach to floral design offering a totally customized experience with a hands-on approach. Gypsy Blooms is based in Houston, Texas…but we're always happy to travel!

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Hair Accessories, Accessories, Fashion, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Rita O

I LOVED everything Mary and her team did for my wedding and reception! Her work was absolutely beautiful. When I began the planning process, flowers were a huge stress point for me, because I wanted all of the flowers but wanted to stay in budget. My vision was to embrace... Read More the garden wedding theme and for it to feel very "low-key luxe". I loved the look of garlands, garden roses, anemones, and ranunculas and was very specific about the shapes of the arrangements (those sort of asymmetrical arrangements you see on pinterest). Mary delivered above and beyond what I thought was possible! She was so easy to work with and made everything a breeze. I will say at first, I was a little nervous because she was just listening to everything I was saying . I had met with other florists and they kept stopping me to tell me what I could and couldn't do, but once I started asking questions she gave me a plethora of information and perfectly understood what I wanted! She was such a huge part of making my vision come to life. She also did an incredible job of making some of the more expensive flowers really stand out but allowing me to stay in budget. She also had plenty of recommendations to keep the costs down. I am also just obsessed with the garlands she made for the long tables I had. They were lush and just gorgeous. Mary was so easy to work with. I would highly recommend Gypsy Blooms!

2016-08-23T10:42:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Rita! We are so glad that you were pleased. Your vision was lovely and I am happy we could make it happen! Such a great wedding!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 April F

My (now) husband had to talk me into flowers, I felt that it was an unnecessary expense. But the minute I met Mary I knew she would give me something that would make the cost worth it. The bouquet she created for me was exquisite, it was exactly how I envisioned it. We left for... Read More the honeymoon the next day and I was disappoint to leave my flowers with someone else because I wanted to enjoy them forever! It was soooo beautiful. The bridesmaids flowers and the centerpieces were beautiful too! THANK YOU!! I will go to you for any flower needs now!

2016-08-23T10:43:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Y'all were so fun to work with! I loved your cool style and am so happy you loved your bouquet!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Kayla T

Mary is the bomb.com. I'm sure I wasn't the easiest bride to work with because I am so picky and detailed and She encouraged me to be descriptive and she created the perfect look I wanted. She makes sure your budget won't get blown, works extra hard to take the weight off of you... Read More wtvceverything else to do, and the best part is she is crazy cheap. I can't imagine doing it with anyone else! You're a life saver, Mary.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017

As the mother of the bride, I interviewed at least a half a dozen florists before I happened upon Gypsy Blooms. Once I met Mary, it just clicked and I couldn't be more thankful that Gypsy Blooms played a major part in my daughter's wedding last summer. When I walked into The... Read More Crystal Ballroom at The Rice the afternoon of the wedding, I was in total awe of the beauty that Mary and Heather had created for the ceremony. They had completely taken the ideas we had talked about and drawn on paper months and weeks before the wedding and created a stunning backdrop for the ceremony. After the ceremony, they had less than an hour to switch the room from the ceremony to the reception and once again, when I walked into the ballroom I was utterly stunned at the beauty that lay before me. Mary, her husband John, and Heather were not only the nicest people in the world to work with, but they followed through on every single detail the day and night of the wedding and the day after as well. There were so many moving pieces involved with the wedding and reception that Gypsy Blooms had to deal with from the dozens of candle holders that they transported from my home to the venue and then back again, to the candy buffet that they so graciously set up for us prior to the reception. During and after the wedding, we've received too many compliments on the flowers and centerpieces to even count. On top of everything else, Gypsy Blooms provides an excellent value. I'm forever grateful to Mary and her Gypsy Blooms for being part of our day!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Haley E

Mary was the sweetest, really bent over backwards up until the very last second of our wedding to make our flowers look beautiful! None of my requests were too bold for her. The flowers truly were more beautiful than my own mind could have imagined! Love love love Gypsy-Blooms!

2017-02-20T22:00:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much!

Aunt of the bride to be.

Reviewed on 1/18/2016

I hosted a luncheon for the bridal party, and Gypsy Blooms provided the flowers. Mary was delightful to work with, the flowers were perfectly beautiful and lasted a week. She let us use her own vintage style vases, and then her arranged for them to be picked up. She arrived... Read More promptly to place them for the luncheon and was professional and charming.

2016-01-18T21:34:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to work with you too.

Mary Hays

Gypsy Blooms owner Mary Hays fell in love with gardening at an early age on her family farm in Ohio. A transplant to the Lone Star state, she’s lived in France, the Netherlands, Great Britain, Washington, DC and North Carolina – each unique landscape adding fresh inspiration to her romantic, eclectic style. Mary is also an enthusiastic military spouse and mother to four incredible children.