Wedding and Event Flowers

Gypsy Blooms provides boutique wedding and event flowers, from vintage Texas chic to Southern sophisticate, the floral designers at Gypsy Blooms will make your event unforgettably, uniquely your own. Our inspiration is the amazing world we live in. We take an eclectic, artistic approach to floral design offering a totally customized experience with a hands-on approach. Gypsy Blooms is based in Houston, Texas…but we're always happy to travel!

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Hair Accessories, Accessories, Fashion, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

Reviewed on 3/16/2017

As the mother of the bride, I interviewed at least a half a dozen florists before I happened upon Gypsy Blooms. Once I met Mary, it just clicked and I couldn't be more thankful that Gypsy Blooms played a major part in my daughter's wedding last summer. When I walked into The... Read More Crystal Ballroom at The Rice the afternoon of the wedding, I was in total awe of the beauty that Mary and Heather had created for the ceremony. They had completely taken the ideas we had talked about and drawn on paper months and weeks before the wedding and created a stunning backdrop for the ceremony. After the ceremony, they had less than an hour to switch the room from the ceremony to the reception and once again, when I walked into the ballroom I was utterly stunned at the beauty that lay before me. Mary, her husband John, and Heather were not only the nicest people in the world to work with, but they followed through on every single detail the day and night of the wedding and the day after as well. There were so many moving pieces involved with the wedding and reception that Gypsy Blooms had to deal with from the dozens of candle holders that they transported from my home to the venue and then back again, to the candy buffet that they so graciously set up for us prior to the reception. During and after the wedding, we've received too many compliments on the flowers and centerpieces to even count. On top of everything else, Gypsy Blooms provides an excellent value. I'm forever grateful to Mary and her Gypsy Blooms for being part of our day!

2017-09-12T11:00:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We loved working with you...and meeting a neighbor!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Rita O

I LOVED everything Mary and her team did for my wedding and reception! Her work was absolutely beautiful. When I began the planning process, flowers were a huge stress point for me, because I wanted all of the flowers but wanted to stay in budget. My vision was to embrace... Read More the garden wedding theme and for it to feel very "low-key luxe". I loved the look of garlands, garden roses, anemones, and ranunculas and was very specific about the shapes of the arrangements (those sort of asymmetrical arrangements you see on pinterest). Mary delivered above and beyond what I thought was possible! She was so easy to work with and made everything a breeze. I will say at first, I was a little nervous because she was just listening to everything I was saying . I had met with other florists and they kept stopping me to tell me what I could and couldn't do, but once I started asking questions she gave me a plethora of information and perfectly understood what I wanted! She was such a huge part of making my vision come to life. She also did an incredible job of making some of the more expensive flowers really stand out but allowing me to stay in budget. She also had plenty of recommendations to keep the costs down. I am also just obsessed with the garlands she made for the long tables I had. They were lush and just gorgeous. Mary was so easy to work with. I would highly recommend Gypsy Blooms!

2016-08-23T10:42:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Rita! We are so glad that you were pleased. Your vision was lovely and I am happy we could make it happen! Such a great wedding!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 April F

My (now) husband had to talk me into flowers, I felt that it was an unnecessary expense. But the minute I met Mary I knew she would give me something that would make the cost worth it. The bouquet she created for me was exquisite, it was exactly how I envisioned it. We left for... Read More the honeymoon the next day and I was disappoint to leave my flowers with someone else because I wanted to enjoy them forever! It was soooo beautiful. The bridesmaids flowers and the centerpieces were beautiful too! THANK YOU!! I will go to you for any flower needs now!

2016-08-23T10:43:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Y'all were so fun to work with! I loved your cool style and am so happy you loved your bouquet!

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Nicole M

My flowers and venue decor were spectacular! They more than exceeded my expectations. The decorations on the wedding arbor made for a low-tech photo booth because everyone wanted their picture in front of it! The tables were absolutely stunning. My bouquet was the perfect size,... Read More and I am so grateful for everything! I gave her pictures of everything I wanted, and she made it come to life.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Colleen O

When planning my wedding, I looked at several different florists and I was struggling to find a florist that fit my style. I wanted a classy and whimsical look that was in style. Most of the florist’s designs were too grandiose or at the opposite end of the spectrum with a... Read More cheaper look. Gypsy Blooms was recommended to me by a friend. For me, Gypsy Blooms was the “Goldilocks” of Floral Design. It was Just Right! From the beginning, Mary Hayes worked with me to design a look for my wedding that was perfect for us, the venue and time of year. Not only did Mary provide beautiful floral decorations but she also has an extensive collection of vases and other décor. Gypsy Blooms’ blue vases and gold candle votives were the exact touch needed to complete my reception tablescapes. I would highly recommend Gypsy Blooms for wedding floral design and décor.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Stacy N

Mary is amazing!!! Even though my order was small, the care and composition that went into the arrangements was phenomenal. She creates such unique and beautiful bouquets that they brought joy to everyone who had the pleasure of seeing them. Each and every person wanted to know... Read More who created them. I cannot say enough good things about Gypsy Blooms!!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

Mary with Gypsy Blooms made a beautiful arrangement for the event I attended in. It received many complements and for sure it brightened host’s day. She was very easy to work with, very professional and very affordable. I highly recommend Gypsy Blooms fo whatever event you need... Read More and I can assure that you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Ian A

Really easy to work with. Beautiful flowers and straightforward pricing!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Brooke H

Mary with Gypsy Blooms creates such stunning arrangements & is more than willing to help in any way possible! She is easy to work with, made me feel so well taken care of throughout the process & provided the most gorgeous flowers for our event. I can't recommend Gypsy Blooms... Read More enough!

2017-10-05T11:54:07 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Brooke! Your shower decor was so cute, especially the sign!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Sammy B

Mary is a flower GENIUS! The centerpieces and bouquets were so beautiful for our wedding! I have had so many people tell me that they loved the flowers and how unique they were! From the very beginning, Mary was able to work with me on pricing to make sure we stayed in the... Read More budget without compromising on my vision. When I was able to look around after the ceremony I was blown away by how good everything looked! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mary! Gypsy Blooms helped bring my dream wedding to life!

2017-10-05T11:55:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Your wedding was SO cool...we just loved the laid back vibe!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Scoobs

Mary was so easy to work with and immediately understood my vision for the wedding. She was flexible and understanding of our budget, giving us recommendations on how we could make it work given time of year, venue and financial constraints. She was very communicative even... Read More letting us know when things changed (due to availability and hurricanes!). She was always calm and helpful, without being pushy. I got tons of compliments on the day for all our beautiful bouquets and arrangements and it was one of the highlights as I walked into the chapel (besides the groom of course �) Definitely recommend Mary and her fabulous work!

2017-10-05T11:56:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Stephanie! Y'all were gorgeous!!! M xx

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Sarah H

I loved Gypsy Blooms and Mary's work that was done for my wedding and reception in April! I had a specific idea of what I wanted the floral to look like and it was a large focus point for me during the wedding planning process. Mary was easy to work with and was able to bring my... Read More vision for the floral to life. She was also quick to respond to all my questions and emails throughout the process. Everything turned out so beautifully and was exactly what I had dreamed it to look like!

2017-09-12T10:59:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Kayla T

Mary is the bomb.com. I'm sure I wasn't the easiest bride to work with because I am so picky and detailed and She encouraged me to be descriptive and she created the perfect look I wanted. She makes sure your budget won't get blown, works extra hard to take the weight off of you... Read More wtvceverything else to do, and the best part is she is crazy cheap. I can't imagine doing it with anyone else! You're a life saver, Mary.

2017-09-12T10:59:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Haley E

Mary was the sweetest, really bent over backwards up until the very last second of our wedding to make our flowers look beautiful! None of my requests were too bold for her. The flowers truly were more beautiful than my own mind could have imagined! Love love love Gypsy-Blooms!

2017-02-20T22:00:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much!

Aunt of the bride to be.

Reviewed on 1/18/2016

I hosted a luncheon for the bridal party, and Gypsy Blooms provided the flowers. Mary was delightful to work with, the flowers were perfectly beautiful and lasted a week. She let us use her own vintage style vases, and then her arranged for them to be picked up. She arrived... Read More promptly to place them for the luncheon and was professional and charming.

2016-01-18T21:34:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to work with you too.

Mary Hays

Gypsy Blooms owner Mary Hays fell in love with gardening at an early age on her family farm in Ohio. A transplant to the Lone Star state, she’s lived in France, the Netherlands, Great Britain, Washington, DC and North Carolina – each unique landscape adding fresh inspiration to her romantic, eclectic style. Mary is also an enthusiastic military spouse and mother to four incredible children.