Hacienda Sarria

Kitchener, ON

Book Your Wedding with Hacienda Sarria

A BALLROOM IN KITCHENER, ON

On six acres of beautiful property in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, you find the Hacienda Sarria. Inspired by the architecture and stunning sites of Northern Spain, this venue hosts a beautiful European style ceremony and reception with ease. The beautiful architectural details of the Hacienda Sarria showcase ironwork, masonry, majestic wooden doors and beautiful works of art. The old-world ambience provides an elegant, classic backdrop for your wedding day.

The Ballroom. Located at the north end of Hacienda Sarria, the Ballroom features a grand fireplace and wood floor. With a customized layout, the Ballroom accommodates up to 180 guests.

The Courtyard. The Courtyard features elegant architecture and 40-foot ceilings. The floor plan for the Courtyard can be customized to fit the couple's vision and accommodates up to 400 guests.

The Patio. With a casual and relaxing ambience, the Patio is one of the favorite spaces for events. Seating plans can be customized to accommodate up to 200 guests.

The Lounge. The Lounge has a private entrance and is warm and inviting. With the wood burning fireplace, this is an ideal space for an intimate setting. The capacity of guests in the Lounge is 70.

The Coffee House. For a small intimate group of up to 16 guests, the Coffee House provides an elegant setting with the glorious aroma of freshly roasted coffee.

The Boardroom. This space accommodates a group of 16 guests. With rustic decor that hints of the past, the Boardroom is a very elegant space.

The Hacienda Sarria has an on-site event planner to assist with all of the wedding coordination. The planner works closely with the couple to ensure that all of the details of their wedding ceremony and reception are met flawlessly.

The Hacienda Sarria offers packages for wedding receptions. These packages contain the exclusive use of the venue from 9 a.m. until 1 a.m. Sites included for use are the courtyard, ballroom, coffee house and outdoor gardens. A bridal suite and groom's room are available for the comfort of the bride, groom and their wedding party. A bridal brunch is also included in the packages.

All event staff is provided by the Hacienda Sarria. This includes the event manager, bartenders, wait staff, hostess and two security guards.

Hacienda Sarria wedding packages contain food and beverage services. All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages must be provided by the venue. Alcohol is served between 11 a.m. and 1 a.m. Five hours of bar service are included in the package with the couple's choice of detailed selections. Tea, coffee and an array of non-alcoholic beverages are also included.

Food services provided by the venue include the work of the exclusive-in house caterer. Butlered hors d'oeuvres and a plated three-course dinner are included. Custom menus to suit many palates are available upon request.

Other amenities included in wedding packages include the use of mahogany chiavari chairs, white garden chairs for an outdoor ceremony and formal dining chairs for the head table. Patio tables and chairs are available for outdoor use. The Hacienda Sarria linen selections include choices of linens and napkins for the head table, guest tables, DJ and accent tables. Eight custom cruiser tables are also included.

To make the space even more special, included in the packages are two wrought iron easels and candles for the courtyard pillars and both fireplaces.

The Hacienda Sarria has ample parking and is handicap accessible.

The event manager and staff at the Hacienda Sarria go above and beyond to coordinate a day that will live in the memories of the couple and their guests long after the event is over. In order to ensure that no detail is left unanswered the Hacienda Sarria offers the following amenities:

• Engagement photographs
  • Audiovisual equipment
  • In-house stereo system

Old World Elegance

Charming, unique, and architecturally stunning, Hacienda Sarria sits on a six-acre property in Kitchener-Waterloo. A Hacienda Sarria wedding is the very definition of luxury and individual style, we carefully consider every detail of your wedding. Experience the exclusive residential feel, perfect for an intimate gathering or grand celebration. Weddings at Hacienda Sarria will leave your guests with an awe inspired experience. Share all of life’s meaningful moments in old-world elegance!

Ballroom, Garden, Mansion + Estate

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1254 Union St, Kitchener, ON (519) 585-1681

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

There are no words to describe how truly grateful we are to Hacienda Sarria and the incredible staff for making our wedding day flawless and perfect. Literally nothing went wrong! We had almost all of our guests in awe of the venue and many commented on how "perfect" our wedding... Read More was. The organization and thoughtfulness is supreme and the staff was wonderful! The security was friendly and helpful, the bartenders and servers were polite and professional, and Alanna and Ally made our start and ending! Also, Jodie was so kind throughout the day and her warm smile kept me so calm! Leah, I truly appreciate you popping by to wish us luck - this was not your job and I know you did it out of the kindness in you and it meant so much to me:) Ashley, I can only imagine how incredible YOUR wedding will be because of your professionalism and hard work. You made every single moment happen with ease, which kept Dave and Me SO calm. It was so fun to see your reassuring smile throughout the day. Dave and I have been reminiscing about how incredible everything was - we are forever grateful. So...same time, same place next week?;) Emilie & Dave (& Bentley)

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Monica E

If I could give this place 10 stars, I would. My husband and I had the pleasure of hosting our wedding ceremony and reception at the Hacienda; it was definitely a night to remember. The venue is absolutely stunning (pictures don't do it justice) and there is no other like it.... Read More If you're looking to throw a unique and elegant wedding, the Hacienda is where you want to be. Many couples spend hundreds of thousands of dollars investing their wedding funds trying to make a banquet hall NOT look like a banquet hall. Since the Hacienda is already so cultured, it provides the perfect opportunity to invest more into activities than decor. My husband and I decided to start planning our entire wedding in just two short months; the Hacienda staff helped us pull this challenge off with flying colors. We had Amanda Morris as our wedding planner and, let me tell you, she was an absolutely pleasure to work with. From the many great ideas she provided us with, to actually executing the wedding, we considered Amanda to be our Hacienda-given gift. If you decide to throw your wedding, or any other event at this one of a kind venue, you will NOT be disappointed. The most frequent question we were asked by our friends and family was "where and how did you find this place?!"...we could not be happier that we did.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Alessandra F

My husband and I just recently had our wedding at the Hacienda Sarria on October 21st 2017. I can't put into words how beautiful our day was at the Hacienda Sarria. Our wedding planner was Amanda and she was a dream to work with. There was not a single thing that went wrong on... Read More our wedding day because Amanda took care of everything for us and made sure everything was absolutely perfect. My husband and I felt so relaxed and stress-free throughout the entire day knowing we had Amanda to rely on. She was so professional and responded to every e-mail so promptly. She worked so closely with our DJ and Emcee to make sure everything ran smoothly and on time on the wedding day. She took all of our ideas and brought them to life. All of the staff at the Hacienda are all so kind and polite. They went above and beyond to make us and our guests feel comfortable and taken care of. The Hacienda Sarria was our fairytale wedding and we can't thank them enough for everything they did for us throughout the entire planning process.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Sarah M

If you want to have a seamless, stress-free and picturesque wedding day at the most beautiful wedding venue in Ontario, book this venue asap. We got married in October 2017, and Hacienda is not only architecturally beautiful, but the service provided by your planner and all the... Read More on-site staff is incredible. Ariana (our planner) was with us every step of the way, so patient, organized, and helpful. On the wedding day itself, everything just seemed to fall into place and take care of itself - and we have the incredible Hacienda and Charcoal staff to thank for that. The food and service during the reception were wonderful, and all our guests are still raving about how perfect it all was.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Poorva M

Hacienda Sarria is a truly exceptional event venue. A wedding here is not just another Saturday night event. It is an experience. Our October wedding was the best day of our lives and The Hacienda Sarria team were so integral to that. They are everything you can expect from a... Read More wedding team and venue: professional, knowledgeable, attentive, detailed. Our experience throughout from menu tastings, to planning meetings with our coordinator Claudia to the actual day itself was exceptional! Our guests raved and raved for weeks about the space, the food and the service. They also work with incredibly talented vendors. We found our florist, photographer and cake vendor through them and they all came together for a dream wedding. Also the space itself is absolutely breathtaking! It is one of the most beautiful event venues I have ever seen! If you are looking for a seamless planning experience, a flawless event and stunning photos and incredible memories have your wedding or event at Hacienda Sarria!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Sarah F

Our wedding at Hacienda Sarria was just amazing . It was not only such a beautiful and unique wedding venue, but the staff just made our day so perfect. Ariana was there for us from day 1, and on our wedding day she just made me feel so at ease knowing that everything was taken... Read More are of. They really took care of all of our guests, and we are still hearing compliments from our guests on how great the dinner service was. We are so happy that we chose this venue for our special day!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Christine L

Hacienda Sarria is such a gem. It is truly the most beautiful venue. We were so happy we chose Hacienda Sarria for our wedding. Not only is the venue so unique but the food is phenomenal and the staff are the best in the industry. We really enjoyed all of the time we got to... Read More spend at the venue before our wedding with our family and friends for the wine tasting, food tasting and open houses. It is so nice to make even more memories than just on the wedding day. I would recommend this venue if you want to relax on your wedding day. The staff really take care of you the ENTIRE day and you don't have to worry about a thing. All in all this place is something your guests will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Kim and Wally H

We had our wedding at Hacienda Sarria on September 10, 2017. Our wedding planner, Claudia, was amazing!!! She took care of all the details from the planning to the wedding and remained in constant communication. She was there to keep us on schedule on the day and ensured that... Read More the entire wedding party and all of our guests were well taken care of. Claudia is truly a gem.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Johnny B

My wife and I had the pleasure of getting married at the Hacienda Sarria this past year. Pleasure is without question, an understatement for the care and consideration that the staff showed my wife and I throughout the entire process. It lasted from our first meeting with our... Read More wedding planner, until the time our last guests left the venue. Asides from the beautiful setting that the venue exhibits, it was the effort put forth from everyone involved that made this experience so incredible. The meticulous detailing that our wedding planner Ashley went into for us, took away an enormous amount of anxiety that would otherwise be associated with something like panning your wedding. The nerves that I felt during the ceremony were about the only thing from that evening that the staff could not control unfortunatly. The feedback that we got from our guests afterwards was beyond positive. The food, the music, the decor, anything you could asses about the entire day was met with terrific feedback from even the most difficult to please aunts and uncles! I can honestly say I have never written a review in my life, but this was the Most important event that I will ever be a part of and I believe that the people who worked so dilligently to provide us with this unique and amazing experience, deserve to hear my grattitude expressed in writing. Thank you Ashley, the catering staff, the bartenders, the security personnel, the band and anyone else involved who I may have missed.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017

Step through the entry gates at Hacienda Sarria and you will find yourself immediately transported to a place outside of Kitchener-Waterloo. The building and surrounding gardens bring a sense of old-world romance and beauty that you simply can't get from traditional wedding... Read More venues. Amazingly, the magic of Hacienda Sarria spans far beyond its breathtaking architecture and is brought to life by the phenomenal team members. Over the 1.5 years that we spent interacting with this team, we have felt deeply cared for, respected, and inspired by their professionalism and intelligent vision. They have the planning process down to a science and the fruits of their labour are only truly realized on the day of your wedding. I wouldn't have changed one thing about our wedding and feel that our day ended up more spectacular than either of us could have imagined. From wine tasting events and menu sampling before the big day, to a bridal brunch and a full fleet of highly qualified staff taking care of you on the day of, Hacienda Sarria never fails to go above and beyond expectations. If you want to inspire romance, be treated like royalty, and never feel like you are in over your head during – what can often be – the very arduous process of planning such a large event, Hacienda Sarria is your only option.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Carly K

Wow - where do we even begin? When my (now) husband and I began planning our wedding, the Hacienda was recommended to us by friends of ours who had attended a work party there. We didn't expect too much, and visited the venue one evening after only seeing 2 prior. To say we were... Read More blown away would be an understatement. While the evening was a picturesque summer night, the venue was stunning. We felt like we were on vacation - a far cry from the industrial neighbourhood it's nestled in. We knew immediately that we had to get married there, and share that same feeling with our guests. As we planned our wedding, we were assigned two wedding coordinators (Amanda and Ashley), and were able to attend two open houses, our tasting, and of course, our wedding consultation meetings. Nick and I always felt welcomed and like family when we were there. The girls were nothing short of amazing, and seemed just as excited as we were about our upcoming nuptials (sometimes, more so!). We felt like we were in great hands from day one, and never second-guessed our choice to host our wedding at Hacienda. When the day finally arrived (after a very long 2.5 years), it was perfect. Every little detail had been planned and perfectly executed. The food was amazing, the service was second-to-none, and there were no hiccups whatsoever. Our guests were floored, and echoed the same feelings we had when we first saw it. Amanda truly went above and beyond that day. We had brought balloons to use for photos later in the evening, and one of them (the one I really wanted) just didn't want to stay afloat. Amanda couldn't have that, and somehow managed to send someone out to get replacements and surprised me with them later that night. We still have no clue how she did this, but I was ECSTATIC! We could go on and on, but the Hacienda is truly something you've gotta experience first-hand. We would never hesitate to recommend this venue to newly engaged couples, and are going to miss it VERY much. It started to feel like a second home, and we plan to bother the staff often ;) Thanks again, for everything!!!!!!!!!! Lots of love, The Johnsons

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Allie D

Step through the entry gates as Hacienda Sarria and you will fill yourself immediately transported to a place outside of Kitchener-Waterloo. The building and surrounding gardens brings a sense of old-world romance and beauty that you simply can't get from traditional wedding... Read More venues. Amazingly, the magic of Hacienda Sarria spans far beyond its breathtaking architecture and is brought to life by the phenomenal team members. Over the 1.5 years that we spent interacting with this team, we have felt deeply cared for, respected, and inspired by their professionalism and intelligent vision. They have the planning process down to a science and the fruits of their labour are truly realized on the day of your wedding. I wouldn't have changed one thing about our wedding and feel that our day ended up more spectacular than either of us could have imagined. From wine tasting events and menu sampling before the big day, to a bridal brunch and a full fleet of highly qualified staff taking care of you on the day of, Hacienda Sarria never fails to go above and beyond expectations. If you want to inspire romance, be treated like royalty, and never feel like you are in over your head during – what can often be – the very arduous process of planning such a large event, Hacienda Sarria is your only option.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Preethi V

From our first visit to the wedding day, we couldn't have been more happy with our decision to choose Hacienda Sarria as our wedding venue. The moment you step foot onto the venue you are surrounded by beautiful grounds and architecture. We especially liked the layout of the... Read More venue: the outdoor patio, the beautiful courtyard with the archways and skylight, the ballroom, the bar, and the upstairs bridal suite and grooms room. We definitely made use of all the space the venue had to offer. We couldn't have imagined how easy planning a wedding could be, from deciding on a venue to planning the big day. We heard all the wedding planners were excellent and we were lucky to have Ariana. From our first visit to the wedding day Ariana helped us make sure all the details of our wedding were taken care of. We had an Indian ceremony which they were more than happy to accommodate, including an Indian lunch which our guests loved. We had many guests with dietary restrictions and they were well taken care of. We still can't believe how amazing the day was and have received so many compliments from our guests on the venue, food and kindness of the staff. Thank you, Hacienda Sarria!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Kaylee B

By far, the best wedding venue out there. It is a gem and absolutely breathtaking. All of our guests raved about the venue. The staff is fantastic and take care of everything. They made our life so easy and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Cynthia K

This location cannot be beat!! My husband and I went to see several reception locations and Hacienda beat them by a long shot!! The food was incredible, the staff was amazing and the venue was absolutely magical! They took really good care of us. We are still getting calls from... Read More family about how much they loved our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Justin G

Our wedding couldn't have gone any better! Fabulous staff always smiling and ready to help. Dinner was served promptly and the timing of everything went so smoothly. Our wedding planner Claudia Francescutti was a tremendous help from beginning to end. We had two last minute... Read More reservations we needed to accommodate and she made it happen. Three late arrivals from out of town and she made sure they were seated and fed quickly. The venue is second to none and the staff was brilliant. With pulling together multiple vendors, the dress, the suits and floral arrangements and overall stress of a wedding, The Hacienda along with Claudia were such a perfect match for our day and made sure everything went smoothly!! I couldn't give enough compliments. Thank you so much for everything!

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Dawn D

I have nothing but good things to say about this venue and the staff. We recently had our wedding here and we couldn't be happier. The venue was so beautiful and all of our guests are still commenting on it. Ashley was our wedding coordinator and she was amazing! She made us... Read More feel so much less stressed with her help and support.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016

I cannot say enough about the old world charm and romantic elegance of the Hacienda as the venue for our son & daughter-in-law's wedding in July. From the initial meeting with Claudia, our event planner, we were put at ease with her professionalism, patience, sound advice and... Read More sense of humour. She took us through a wonderful journey, set our expectations high and exceeded them on the wedding day. Our guests have been very complimentary of the venue atmosphere, the staff and the overall day. Our photographer captured all of the beauty of the architecture and uniqueness from the once in a life-time experience at the Hacienda.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Nicole E

We cannot say enough about this venue. My wedding was amazing. The staff was awesome, the food was amazing, and our wedding planner was unbelievable. I highly recommend this place

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Stephanie A

We held our wedding at Hacienda Sarria in April and it could not have been a more perfect day! The venue is absolutely stunning, the food is amazing and our families and guests have been raving about the evening. Everyone at the venue is incredibly warm, welcoming and helpful. I... Read More cannot say enough wonderful things about our planner Claudia. She went above and beyond every step of the way and made planning the day incredibly easy. There isn't a single thing we would change about the day which speaks volumes for the venue and everyone there. Thank you to Hacienda for helping us have one of the best days of our lives.

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

We just had our wedding at the Hacienda in April. Our planner, Claudia, was incredible. She helped make the planning process go smoothly, but even more importantly dealt with every small issue on the day, so that we didn't have to stress! The venue itself was gorgeous, and the... Read More staff were so helpful from the time we set up, to when we were packing everything away. They did everything they could to make it go smoothly. We can't say enough great things about the Hacienda, and highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Alishya B

We just had our wedding at the Hacienda in April. Our planner, Claudia was incredible. She helped make the planning process go smoothly, but even more importantly dealt with every hiccup on the day, so that we didn't have to stress! The venue itself was gorgeous, and the staff... Read More was so helpful from the time we set up, to when we were packing everything away. They did everything they could to make it go smoothly. We can't say enough great things about the Hacienda, and highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

Words cannot adequately describe how truly grateful I am to have had Ashley as our planner for our wedding. She went over, above and beyond to ensure that our day was magical and flawless. I could not have been happier. Even down to the lovely flowers that I received that... Read More enhanced the bridal suite, to the sweet message that was written on the chalkboard, every single detail was amazing. Ashley was so sweet and lovely. Our connection was instant and effortless. I felt as if we have been friends for years. She got to know my likes and dislikes so quickly and did everything to ensure that I had access to anything and everything my heart desired. Karl and I had the wedding of our dreams!!! All of our guests were awestruck. Everyone commented on everything. From all of the details, to the flowers, to the excellence of the staff, the friendliness of the staff, the amazing food, the reception seating (which was flawless); every, single element was simply amazing. I gotta tell you, my breath was taken away by the loveliness of the ceremony in the ballroom. It was breathtakingly beautiful. I was so happy that I was bursting with joy!! The guests nearly lost their minds when the saxophonist came out on the balcony to play as Karl and I entered the reception. I didn't even want that moment to end! Lori-Ann

Reviewed on 9/09/2015

Hi Claudia, Amer and I just got back from our honeymoon in the Maldives a few days ago and have finally settled back into normal routine. We want to express how pleased we were with everything at our reception. The entire process was smooth and stress free for us, especially... Read More on the day of. Thank you so much for making the entire process as easy as possible. After having so many wedding events, it was really nice to be able to truly enjoy and relax at our last event. We were pampered, taken care of and made to feel truly special by yourself and the rest of the Hacienda staff. All of our family and friends really appreciated the hospitality by the excellent service the staff provided. Thank you very much for your creativity, help and suggestions throughout this entire process. It was such a pleasure to work with you and we wish you all the best in all your endeavors. Take care, - Amer & Noreen - August, 31, 2014