Hacienda Sarria

Kitchener, ON

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

On six acres of beautiful property in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, you find the Hacienda Sarria. Inspired by the architecture and stunning sites of Northern Spain, this venue hosts a beautiful European style ceremony and reception with ease. The beautiful architectural details of the Hacienda Sarria showcase ironwork, masonry, majestic wooden doors and beautiful works of art. The old-world ambience provides an elegant, classic backdrop for your wedding day.

The Ballroom. Located at the north end of Hacienda Sarria, the Ballroom features a grand fireplace and wood floor. With a customized layout, the Ballroom accommodates up to 180 guests.

The Courtyard. The Courtyard features elegant architecture and 40-foot ceilings. The floor plan for the Courtyard can be customized to fit the couple's vision and accommodates up to 400 guests.

The Patio. With a casual and relaxing ambience, the Patio is one of the favorite spaces for events. Seating plans can be customized to accommodate up to 200 guests.

The Lounge. The Lounge has a private entrance and is warm and inviting. With the wood burning fireplace, this is an ideal space for an intimate setting. The capacity of guests in the Lounge is 70.

The Coffee House. For a small intimate group of up to 16 guests, the Coffee House provides an elegant setting with the glorious aroma of freshly roasted coffee.

The Boardroom. This space accommodates a group of 16 guests. With rustic decor that hints of the past, the Boardroom is a very elegant space.

The Hacienda Sarria has an on-site event planner to assist with all of the wedding coordination. The planner works closely with the couple to ensure that all of the details of their wedding ceremony and reception are met flawlessly.

The Hacienda Sarria offers packages for wedding receptions. These packages contain the exclusive use of the venue from 9 a.m. until 1 a.m. Sites included for use are the courtyard, ballroom, coffee house and outdoor gardens. A bridal suite and groom's room are available for the comfort of the bride, groom and their wedding party. A bridal brunch is also included in the packages.

All event staff is provided by the Hacienda Sarria. This includes the event manager, bartenders, wait staff, hostess and two security guards.

Hacienda Sarria wedding packages contain food and beverage services. All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages must be provided by the venue. Alcohol is served between 11 a.m. and 1 a.m. Five hours of bar service are included in the package with the couple's choice of detailed selections. Tea, coffee and an array of non-alcoholic beverages are also included.

Food services provided by the venue include the work of the exclusive-in house caterer. Butlered hors d'oeuvres and a plated three-course dinner are included. Custom menus to suit many palates are available upon request.

Other amenities included in wedding packages include the use of mahogany chiavari chairs, white garden chairs for an outdoor ceremony and formal dining chairs for the head table. Patio tables and chairs are available for outdoor use. The Hacienda Sarria linen selections include choices of linens and napkins for the head table, guest tables, DJ and accent tables. Eight custom cruiser tables are also included.

To make the space even more special, included in the packages are two wrought iron easels and candles for the courtyard pillars and both fireplaces.

The Hacienda Sarria has ample parking and is handicap accessible.

The event manager and staff at the Hacienda Sarria go above and beyond to coordinate a day that will live in the memories of the couple and their guests long after the event is over. In order to ensure that no detail is left unanswered the Hacienda Sarria offers the following amenities:

• Engagement photographs
  • Audiovisual equipment
  • In-house stereo system

Old World Elegance

Charming, unique, and architecturally stunning, Hacienda Sarria sits on a six-acre property in Kitchener-Waterloo. A Hacienda Sarria wedding is the very definition of luxury and individual style, we carefully consider every detail of your wedding. Experience the exclusive residential feel, perfect for an intimate gathering or grand celebration. Weddings at Hacienda Sarria will leave your guests with an awe inspired experience. Share all of life’s meaningful moments in old-world elegance!

Ballroom, Garden, Estate

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1254 Union St, Kitchener, ON (519) 585-1681

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

There are no words to describe how truly grateful we are to Hacienda Sarria and the incredible staff for making our wedding day flawless and perfect. Literally nothing went wrong! We had almost all of our guests in awe of the venue and many commented on how "perfect" our wedding... Read More was. The organization and thoughtfulness is supreme and the staff was wonderful! The security was friendly and helpful, the bartenders and servers were polite and professional, and Alanna and Ally made our start and ending! Also, Jodie was so kind throughout the day and her warm smile kept me so calm! Leah, I truly appreciate you popping by to wish us luck - this was not your job and I know you did it out of the kindness in you and it meant so much to me:) Ashley, I can only imagine how incredible YOUR wedding will be because of your professionalism and hard work. You made every single moment happen with ease, which kept Dave and Me SO calm. It was so fun to see your reassuring smile throughout the day. Dave and I have been reminiscing about how incredible everything was - we are forever grateful. So...same time, same place next week?;) Emilie & Dave (& Bentley)

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Dawn D

I have nothing but good things to say about this venue and the staff. We recently had our wedding here and we couldn't be happier. The venue was so beautiful and all of our guests are still commenting on it. Ashley was our wedding coordinator and she was amazing! She made us... Read More feel so much less stressed with her help and support.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016

I cannot say enough about the old world charm and romantic elegance of the Hacienda as the venue for our son & daughter-in-law's wedding in July. From the initial meeting with Claudia, our event planner, we were put at ease with her professionalism, patience, sound advice and... Read More sense of humour. She took us through a wonderful journey, set our expectations high and exceeded them on the wedding day. Our guests have been very complimentary of the venue atmosphere, the staff and the overall day. Our photographer captured all of the beauty of the architecture and uniqueness from the once in a life-time experience at the Hacienda.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Nicole E

We cannot say enough about this venue. My wedding was amazing. The staff was awesome, the food was amazing, and our wedding planner was unbelievable. I highly recommend this place

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Stephanie A

We held our wedding at Hacienda Sarria in April and it could not have been a more perfect day! The venue is absolutely stunning, the food is amazing and our families and guests have been raving about the evening. Everyone at the venue is incredibly warm, welcoming and helpful. I... Read More cannot say enough wonderful things about our planner Claudia. She went above and beyond every step of the way and made planning the day incredibly easy. There isn't a single thing we would change about the day which speaks volumes for the venue and everyone there. Thank you to Hacienda for helping us have one of the best days of our lives.

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

We just had our wedding at the Hacienda in April. Our planner, Claudia, was incredible. She helped make the planning process go smoothly, but even more importantly dealt with every small issue on the day, so that we didn't have to stress! The venue itself was gorgeous, and the... Read More staff were so helpful from the time we set up, to when we were packing everything away. They did everything they could to make it go smoothly. We can't say enough great things about the Hacienda, and highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Alishya B

We just had our wedding at the Hacienda in April. Our planner, Claudia was incredible. She helped make the planning process go smoothly, but even more importantly dealt with every hiccup on the day, so that we didn't have to stress! The venue itself was gorgeous, and the staff... Read More was so helpful from the time we set up, to when we were packing everything away. They did everything they could to make it go smoothly. We can't say enough great things about the Hacienda, and highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

Words cannot adequately describe how truly grateful I am to have had Ashley as our planner for our wedding. She went over, above and beyond to ensure that our day was magical and flawless. I could not have been happier. Even down to the lovely flowers that I received that... Read More enhanced the bridal suite, to the sweet message that was written on the chalkboard, every single detail was amazing. Ashley was so sweet and lovely. Our connection was instant and effortless. I felt as if we have been friends for years. She got to know my likes and dislikes so quickly and did everything to ensure that I had access to anything and everything my heart desired. Karl and I had the wedding of our dreams!!! All of our guests were awestruck. Everyone commented on everything. From all of the details, to the flowers, to the excellence of the staff, the friendliness of the staff, the amazing food, the reception seating (which was flawless); every, single element was simply amazing. I gotta tell you, my breath was taken away by the loveliness of the ceremony in the ballroom. It was breathtakingly beautiful. I was so happy that I was bursting with joy!! The guests nearly lost their minds when the saxophonist came out on the balcony to play as Karl and I entered the reception. I didn't even want that moment to end! Lori-Ann

Reviewed on 9/09/2015

Hi Claudia, Amer and I just got back from our honeymoon in the Maldives a few days ago and have finally settled back into normal routine. We want to express how pleased we were with everything at our reception. The entire process was smooth and stress free for us, especially... Read More on the day of. Thank you so much for making the entire process as easy as possible. After having so many wedding events, it was really nice to be able to truly enjoy and relax at our last event. We were pampered, taken care of and made to feel truly special by yourself and the rest of the Hacienda staff. All of our family and friends really appreciated the hospitality by the excellent service the staff provided. Thank you very much for your creativity, help and suggestions throughout this entire process. It was such a pleasure to work with you and we wish you all the best in all your endeavors. Take care, - Amer & Noreen - August, 31, 2014