Hair by Andrea Mobile beauty/ Special Events Lounge

I travel to my brides for their special day

Freelance Mobile Hair and Makeup Artist

Andrea Joyce is a dynamic hair designer with more than 20 years of experience and expertise in hair extensions, color, straightening, custom styles and makeup.  Andrea serves the Rockland/Westchester/Bergen/Nyc area as Hair By Andrea: Mobile Hair Design to provide flexibility for clients.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Massage, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

100 S Main Street, New City, NY I travel to my brides for their special day (908) 391-7704

lifesaver and amazing stylist!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Laura D

After my first hair stylist bailed on me only a few weeks before my wedding, Andrea went out of her way to rearrange her schedule to be able to fit me and my bridal party in. With no time for a trial in advance, Andrea also squeezed me in the day before my wedding to get a feel... Read More for my hair so we wouldn't be experimenting on the day of. My hair ended up looking absolutely perfect - even better than I had imagined (and I was very picky!), and I loved every single one of my 9 bridesmaids' styles as well. My hair also stayed in place (an updo) all night and I have very thick, long, heavy hair. I am so greatful to her and giver her my highest recommendation!!

Amazing extension

Reviewed on 9/17/2014

I went to Andrea after another hair dresser ruined my hair. Andrea suggested extension for my wedding and I had them put in. My wedding photos came out perfect because of the extension. I've never felt better about my hair and how I look.

amazing!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Jenny P

I have nothing negative to say about Andrea! From the day I went to her studio for the trial i felt very comfortable with her. I was not prepared at all, didn't have pictures, and was very bad at describing what I wanted. She somehow figured out exactly what I wanted for hair... Read More and make-up and everything came out perfectly on my day. I had a morning wedding and we (me, 6 bridesmaids, my husband's 4 sisters, and 2 moms, total 13 people!!!) had to be ready at 8:30am for pictures. Andrea and her two assistants arrived at my hotel room promptly at 4 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING. The main reason I picked her is because she would start so early and she also didn't mind traveling 45 minutes to new rochelle. The fact that she gave me exactly what I wanted was a plus. I had a brutally hot outdoor wedding with all pictures taken outside on a blustering 96 degree day. My airbrush make up stayed completely intact from 8am through pictures, a sweaty outdoor ceremony, and a reception and after party with lots of dancing until 4am. My updo also stayed perfectly intact the entire day even through jumping on the beach and laying in the grass for pictures. All of my bridesmaids looked gorgeous as well and they were all very happy with their hair. Andrea is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Teresa M

Andrea did my hair and makeup for my daughters wedding this past summer. My hair was very thin so she suggested hair extension not for length but to fill in to make my hair look thicker . She changed my life, I felt like a million bucks that day and still do. Andrea is very... Read More talented and can handle any age for hair and makeup. Thank you for making me feel special

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Pauline j

I hired Andrea and her team this past August. They were all on time and professional . Andrea made us all feel relaxed and not rushed. I recommend her to all my friends getting married . It was nice to have both hair and makeup from the same person. I was even able to get hair... Read More extensions from her to match my hair. Andrea is a true artist in her profession. Thank you to Andrea and her team

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Pauline j

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Dale J

First off I had the best trial with Andrea. She is located at Peppe Ramon in New City. The salon is cozy and welcoming . I ended up hiring Andrea and her team for my wedding . Everything was AMAZING

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 alice P

Andrea and her team did my wedding a few months ago. They did an AMAZING job. Everything was perfect. The hair and makeup stayed all night

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Jennifer M

Andrea did my wedding this past year and she was AMAZING. Her team was on point with hair and makeup as well. They were all very professional. I highly recommend her!!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Vicki A

I have nothing negative to say about Andrea! From the day I went to her studio for the trial I felt very comfortable with her. She was on time and professional which helped keep the rest of the day running smoothly. She listened to exactly what we wanted and made us all feel... Read More special. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Christine V

I can't recommend Andrea enough! She came to us highly recommended from a friend, so we knew we were in good hands. My sister first worked with Andrea for her wedding, and then I followed 3 months later. Andrea and her team are highly professional, warm and talented. It... Read More especially warmed my heart to see my Mother's reaction when she looked in the mirror and saw "the new her". The make up was not heavy or caked on; Andrea and her team know how to apply just the right amount to make the best version of each person. A big thank you!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Cheryl W

I got married in New York in May and Andrea came to my apartment in East Village to do my hair and make-up. Andrea is very friendly and was actually early for the appointment which was great. I loved my hair and make-up. I received So many compliments. Andrea really listens... Read More to what you like and styles you to suit what you both feel is right for you. When looking to book my hair and make-up I contacted quite a few people but Andrea stood out the most. Andrea seemed interested in my own hair and style and asked to see pictures of me etc which I thought was really great rather than a e-mail simply just with a price without knowing much about me which I received from quite a few other stylists. Andrea seemed to show a bit of a personal touch. When booking from overseas and never meeting the person it can seem a little scary. I couldn't recommend Andrea enough as she is very reliable and has great skill. You can be assured that you can relax and have faith in Andrea for your special day. Thanks again Andrea and sorry for the delay in writing this. Cheryl from Scotland. 😀Xx

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Lynn W

Andrea was absolutely amazing! She is a true professional, and performs in any situation. There were ten people that neeed both hair and make-up completed on a tight schedule, and everyone looked phenomenal in the short time given to prepare. What we all liked most was that... Read More we all looked like ourselves. Many make-up artists put on so much make up that people are almost unrecognizable. This is definitely no the experience that you will have with Andrea. She managed to make everyone look like a better version of them self. If you want to work with a real professional and create a stress free experience getting ready for your event, use Andrea.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Giovanna M

Andrea is an amazingly talented Artist from hair design to makeup! I love that she was willing to come to My Bridal suite fully equipt with a team of makeup artists and assistants to get my bridal party done in a timely fashion. She recreated looks we chose from Pinterest and... Read More her demeanor was calm and assertive. I was thoroughly impressed with how we looked in our photos! Thank you Andrea !!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Giovanna M

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rachel H

Andrea is tremendously talented and one can easily sense her passion for her work. She is a natural at perfecting the desired look in a very expedient timeframe. I was super impressed by her makeup artistry as well as her talent with creating gorgeous hair for a special... Read More event. We walked in to our appointment not really knowing what we wanted, but I knew we were in the best hands. Hair and makeup lasted the entire day and compliments were aplenty! Absolutely stunning work and THE BEST Special Event specialist for hair and makeup. Relaxing environment, fantastic energy and outstanding outcome. Truly in a league of her own!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

I went for a few trials at different stylists before my wedding and I was delighted that I chose her! Andrea came fully equipped with a team to my venue an hour away. I sent her pins of what the girls wanted and she touched base with me prior to reassure me. She was punctual... Read More and organized and my girls looked amazing! She did my hair and Makeup just as I had imagined. It stayed all night and my pictures were PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Bride 1

Andrea is great to work with, she gave me the exact style that I was looking for on my wedding day and it came out even better than I had hoped. The hair style looked beautiful in person and in the photographs. I received many compliments! Andrea is such a joy to work with... Read More and I now use her for haircuts and color as well. I had tried so many stylists and could not find someone that I wanted to go back to until I met Andrea. I would highly recommend her to anyone for your wedding day and for cuts/color!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Dov B

Andrea did hair and make up for 8 bridesmaids 2 mothers, 1 grandmother, and an aunt on my wedding day. Andrea and her team were asked to be in 2 locations at once, in order to accomplish all of this before 9:30 am, because my wedding pictures started at 10 am. They were on time... Read More to each location, and finished every girl with time to spare. All of us were thrilled with our hair and make up and I received multiple compliments at the wedding about how great everyone's hair and make up looked. One of the most impressive things that was a huge deal to me was how calm Andrea was, and how she had a way of helping everyone to relax and just focus on being excited. Andrea made every girl feel special, and paid attention to detail with the requests for hair and make up that were given to her. Thank you so much to Andrea and her team for helping me on my wedding day and making everyone involved feel so comfortable and excited, even early in the morning!

Reviewed on 3/26/2016 Katie O

I found a photo of a hairstyle I fell in love with on pinterest and Andrea was able to make it look even better on me! She spent so much time making sure my hair was perfect and that I loved it before we took photos. She also did hair for my bridesmaids and brought an assistant... Read More for makeup. They made everyone look fantastic!

Reviewed on 2/28/2016 Viktoria K

Andrea did a great job for our big day in May 2015! During the hair trial she guided me through some good options so we settled on something I loved! She also helped me through using extensions - which I had never used before. The end product was great, and I received a lot of... Read More compliments on the look. She also did the hair of several bridesmaids and both mothers and they all looked great! She's also very experienced and it shows. She was professional throughout the whole process and made getting ready on the big day fun and not stressful. I recommend her to any bride!

2016-02-28T20:25:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your positive review, I wish you a life long of happiness with your new husband. xo Andrea

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Kristin S

This review is long over do. I found Andrea on the vendors tab, after contacting nearly 10 other stylists. My main concern was that I needed someone affordable for my bridesmaids. I also needed a stylist that was willing to work on location, and willing to start early to... Read More accommodate my day wedding. On top of all that, I needed someone who was amazing (obviously!). I had my trial done 9 months prior to the wedding. My makeup was on point, but I wasn’t totally in love with my hair (mainly because I wasn’t sure exactly what I wanted) but I knew it was only a trial- so I booked that day. She made herself available via text, cell, email- even facebook. It was easy to send her a quick message and stay in touch up until the day of the wedding. On the day of, she arrived at 3:15am ready to go with her assistant. She was totally creative and incorporated a pair of panty hose into my updo since my hair has absolutely no volume. Andrea and her assistant gave all of my bridesmaids beautiful styles with a cohesive look which is exactly what I wanted. She even added leftover flowers from our bouquets to everyone’s hair. Over all, I’m so happy with how my hair and makeup came out, and my bridesmaids were thrilled with their own hair and makeup. Our hair and makeup lasted all day, and all night! I highly recommend her. I guarantee you will look gorgeous on your wedding day when she’s done with you and totally keep you at ease through the wedding day chaos!!

2016-01-25T14:51:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much :) FYI GoPro big hit :) The pictures you shared are stunning. You were a beautiful bride inside and out. Thx u for choosing me xoxoxoxo

Halloween Wedding

Reviewed on 1/18/2016

My partner Donna and I, were given Andrea's name by the venue we had our wedding. As a gay couple, we decided to completely go off the chain and had a Halloween wedding.. Andrea did our makeup twice before the day in order to ensure our happiness with it. Day of, she... Read More completed the job perfectly. Her staff as well helped with maid of honor and even the staff's makeup to round out the day.. I cannot remember what we paid but i do not remember it being a crazy number. I would recommend Andrea for any services, but she really had a grasp on our different wedding twist. Julia Hernandez

Reviewed on 12/10/2015

I can only thank Andrea for everything she did since the first time I contacted her from Brazil! She was very nice and helpful and it was the best choice I've ever made! She did hair and make up for me and my mom and also my sister's hair! The result was everything I dreamed... Read More off! Thanks you!!!

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I used Andrea for both of my daughters' weddings and couldn't have been happier with the results. Andrea had an eye for creating a hairstyle that was perfectly suited for me each time. I had never had so many compliments on my hair. I started going to Andrea about six months... Read More before my first daughter's wedding and she started to envision how she wanted to fix my hair; she even asked to see a picture of the dress so that the hair and makeup would complement the style. She is more than a hairdresser; she is a gifted hair stylist and makeup artist and I would highly recommend her.

Andrea Beckerich

Andrea Joyce is a Celebrity hair designer with more than 20 years of experience with the art of hair who specializes in all types of hair extensions. She’s received formal training at prestigious design schools such as Capri, Paul Mitchell Signature School, Christine Valmy International Aveda and SoCap USA. Andrea is also a platform artist and educator as well as partner to the Special events lounge . Visit her at Hairbyandreanyack.com or find her on Facebook at Hair by Andrea: mobile hair design