Hairs 2 the Bride

Chicago, Suburbs of Chicago, and up to Racine Wisconsin

Let us make you the beauty you always dreamed of

Why go to a salon when Hairs 2 the Bride can bring the salon to you on your special day and save you time and money and bring you wedding hair and makeup ideas. Hairs 2 the Bride is committed to exceptional customer service and offers the finest possible service for the most reasonable price. Our team is professional, talented, and continuously educated. We will go the extra mile to accomplish this mission with passion, expert advice and the utmost professionalism and courtesy.

3936 N Wilke Rd, Arlington Heights, IL Chicago, Suburbs of Chicago, and up to Racine Wisconsin (847) 636-4117

Chirsta's Wedding

Reviewed on 11/25/2015

Michelle and her were nothing less than perfect. I was impressed with how organized she was. It showed that she has been doing this for a long time. From the first moment that I meet her I knew that I found the right person. I had one other trial before I found Michelle and it... Read More was quit aggravating. The trial with Michelle was great, she listened to me and knew the right moments when to give a suggestion. On the day of the wedding she and her team arrived right on time and finished everyone before the time that I asked to be done. Myself and everyone in my wedding looked amazing. Thank you Michelle, Jenny, and Lisa.

Reviewed on 3/02/2016

Working with Hairs 2 the Bride was a absolute pleasure! I was in contact with Michelle for about 8 months working out all the details for my wedding. Michelle did a great job keeping in touch with me and helping me to stay on track with things she needed from me. I was a... Read More military bride and had a custom bow and veil made to incorporate my husbands military service and they were able to put my bow and veil in just right! Her and her team are fabulous. The work they did the day of my wedding for me, my girls and my mom was wonderful! Everyone was pleased and we all looked great long into the night! Loved working with Hairs 2 the Bride!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Viktoryia B

I was straggling to write this review and didn't want to do it at all but I probably need to add my comment and explain why it is not a well rated review. First of all, I got lucky to have my friend who was basically telling Liz (the woman who did my makeup and hair) how she... Read More needs to do it and what she needs to change/add, it was not very clean makeup at all. She was not very creative at all, one of my friend is Asian and she requires a different approach with her makeup, she didn't think about it at all and the color of lipstick she used for my bridesmaids....one of them went to the bathroom right away to take it off...too bright and crazy....my photographer was at this moment with us and even she told me that I need to correct my eyes because it looks uneven. The worse part of this service was the eye makeup that she did to my mom. I asked her to do a very light makeup, when I looked in 5 min at my mom, I didn't know what to say at all....it was ridiculous. I was not able to handle it and told her right away that she needs to redo it!!! I wish I have a picture of this disaster. Last part: my hair. I did a trial and it was good, on the day of the wedding she was not organize and in a hurry to finish with me so she didn't do a good job with making sure that it is fixed and would be able to stay as it is for the whole day. Unfortunately, I couldn't attached the picture where you can see that after 10-15 min of me walking out of the room it is not perfect and ruined. My friend who is getting married next year was planning to use them for her wedding told me next day that she changed her opinion and I am happy with this decision, don't want her to have the same experience.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Erica J

Michell was amazing! From the multiple questions before I booked with her to the trial to my wedding day she was beyond great and very patient and responsive of the billion questions I always had. On the day of my wedding, she did everything perfect from hair to make up. Did... Read More absolutly everything I asked and more. The hair and makeup both stayed all night. She also had help with Stephanie who was also fantastic with the rest of my bridal party which was 5 other girls. The girls all looked great with both hair and makeup and everyone was beyond happy with the service. Overall, I highly recommend Hairs to The Bride for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Heidi S

Lisa with Hairs 2 the Bride is great!! After doing the initial hair and makeup trial with her, I knew that I needed to book her. Lisa really listened to what I wanted and was able to make great recommendations. I tried out three different makeup artists before finding Hairs... Read More 2 the bride - none of them could pull off a neutral look, but Lisa rocked it. She made my entire bridal party look amazing and was fun to talk to.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Natalie V

My experience with Hairs 2 the Bride was phenomenal! Michelle was very patient and understanding with all of my requests and little corrections during both trials and made me look exactly how I wanted on my wedding day. She was also extremely flexible and let me add another... Read More person a week before the event. Her staff was just as professional and took just as much care to make sure my bridesmaids looked perfect too. You can really tell how committed she is to her business. I would absolutely recommend Hairs 2 the Bride!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Jenna H

I cannot say enough positive things about Michelle, Jenny, and Hairs 2 The Bride. Jenny did hair and makeup for me (the bride) and two other people in our wedding party. I opted to have a trial (which you have to pay for, but it is well worth it) and I am so glad that I did.... Read More Michelle and Jenny were both present for the trial and looked at a bunch of pictures of what I wanted and made suggestions based on their experience. They both recommended against having airbrush makeup done for my summer wedding because they said that tears and sweat do not mix well with airbrush. I listened to their advice and had the 24 hour liquid foundation makeup applied for my trial. I ended up not really liking it as I am not used to liquid foundation and it felt really thick on my skin. I panicked, thinking I was going to be so uncomfortable on the wedding day. Michelle had me come back to her house, free of charge, so that I could try the airbrush, which was much more comfortable for me. I really appreciated her willingness to let me try multiple things! The day of the wedding, Jenny arrived early and set up so that she was ready to start on time. She was fun, professional, and did a great job at making us feel at ease, by working diligently and yet taking her time to make sure everything was perfect. She listened to all of the feedback I had from my trial and adjusted things accordingly. My hair, makeup, and everything was exactly what I wanted! I felt beautiful! Thank you to Jenny and Michelle for bringing the beauty to my wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Yvonne C

Hairs 2 the Bride was awesome! We had such a large group of ladies, and they were able to pull it all of with smiles and beautiful results! Everyone's hair looked amazing and it was totally what I envisioned and more! I highly recommend Hairs 2 the Bride to any bride looking for... Read More hair stylists on the day of!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 April C

I loved my experience with Hairs 2 the Bride. Michelle is so personable and funny, and knows how to make anyone feel comfortable. I had my trial done with her a few weeks before my wedding which helped tremendously so that I could get a feel for what exactly I wanted on the big... Read More day. Her team is also super nice and very efficient with their time on the day of the wedding to ensure timeliness and the best service possible. I would recommend Hairs 2 the Bride to anyone getting married in the Chicagoland area. Michelle and the team are so reliable and so incredibly talented. Thank you for making my day the most perfect one!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Jane D

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND "Hairs to the Bride" to any bride and bridal party on the planet! Michelle runs a great shop with excellent hairdressers!! But she stands out because she is so CREATIVE with her hairstyles, so beautiful and a touch of uniqueness for each girl. Her... Read More sense of coordinated (but not boring and matchy-matchy) design for the bridal party was incredible! Each style slightly similar, creating a unified look, but each girl had something her own that made her stand out. She knows what looks good with your hair type and face shape, a real artist! And Michelle's hair jewelry selections are beyond gorgeous! Michelle could handle anything we through at her and her team and she never got ruffled! We added extra people at the very last minute, and more unique jewelry touches for everyone at the last minute, and she came through on time and with flying colors! Our bridal party pictures are some of the best pictures of the entire wedding! I cannot say enough about Michelle and her team at "Hairs to the Bride!" They did such a fantastic job!! You will be SO HAPPY IF YOU HIRE MICHELLE for your wedding!!! Trust me!! From a VERY HAPPY Mother-in-Law! Jane Dolin.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Maribel C

The owner was great and my hair stylists and make up artists Jenny and Stephanie were amazing. They made all of us look beautiful that day I can't say anything bad about them.

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Rachel P

Michelle and the Hairs 2 the Bride company were so easy to work with! Michelle was always quick to respond to my emails and was very accommodating the day of the wedding when we told her 1 person was not getting their hair done. Everyone's hair and makeup stayed beautiful all... Read More night long! Hairs 2 the Bride provided a great service and I highly recommend using them for your event.

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Amanda F

Hairs 2 the Bride was absolutely amazing! I could not have asked for a better service. Michelle was very responsive and is great at communicating. She sent me information quickly, made sure that they were able to accommodate all of the services that we needed that day, and... Read More ensured that everything went smoothly throughout the process. Our stylist, Lisa, was fantastic!!! She had an absolutely lovely personality and is truly an artist. I cannot recommend Hairs 2 the Bride emphatically enough... they are the BEST!!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Jessica D

Hairs 2 the Bride did a wonderful job with my wedding! Michelle and her team were very friendly and professional. Michelle took her time to ensure everything was perfect. After my ceremony (where there was lots of crying) I did not even have to touch up my makeup! Everything... Read More stayed in place! I also really like finding a vendor who did both hair and makeup at a price that won't break the bank. I would absolutely recommend Hairs 2 the Bride!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Kahleen R

Michelle, the owner, was amazing all around! I also loved the assistant she brought along to help with hair - both were great conversationalists, meticulous, quick, and all around caring individuals! I found out about Hairs 2 the Bride by perusing reviews and came across her... Read More business on Yelp. From the first time I reached out, Michelle was responsive and helpful. Her prices are extremely reasonable as well, so I said hey, why not? It was a great decision! Just to give an idea of Michelle herself, she... -Helped me figure out what I wanted during my trial (I had no idea, just some Pinterest pics for inspiration) -Made my fiance and I feel comfortable in her home where the trial was held -Called the day before the wedding to regroup -Was totally understanding when I missed the aforementioned call due to phone issues -Showed up right on time to set up on the big day -Was flexible and kept things moving when we couldn't stick exactly to the bridesmaid order -Made any last-minute changes or touch-ups with flying colors -Finished ahead of schedule even with all of the changes to the order of operations -Most of all, kept a smiling face and an awesome attitude in every instance I met her! I have already recommended her services to several friends who are getting married in the next year and definitely recommend her to anyone looking for hair and makeup. Thank you Hairs 2 the Bride for making a huge component of the whole wedding shebang went off without a hitch!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Ashley T

As an out of state bride, I wasn't able to meet with any of my vendors until the day of my wedding. I thought I was making a decent choice with this vendor, but that did not turn out to be the case. A week or so before my wedding, Michelle (the owner) and I confirmed the... Read More payment options - specifically because some of my wedding party was going to charge their payments, and some were paying cash. I was assured this was no issue. A few days prior to my wedding, Michelle called me late at night (around 830pm) and wanted to confirm that she was only accepting "one cash payment" on the day of the wedding. She then proceeded to tell me there'd be a 10% service fee if I chose for the girls to have separate payments, and kindly reminded me she would charge my card on file for ALL of the services scheduled for the entire wedding party, if I chose to cancel for a more flexible hair and makeup artist. After a few phone calls back and forth, she agreed to waive the 10% fee and allow us to pay as we needed to. On the day of our wedding, the hair stylist and makeup artist were on time. Unfortunately, I ended up nearly being late to my wedding because myself and my wedding party had to redo our hair and makeup ourselves. My sister ended up with orange makeup clearly visible around her neckline area and her eyebrows were never filled in. The hair stylist only brought one single curling iron with her, meaning the girls all had to have tight curls, which none of them wanted. My mom asked for beach waves and ended up with the tightest curls possible. I asked my makeup artist for SOFT /NATURAL makeup and ended up looking like I just painted my makeup on for my skeleton Halloween costume. Despite my requests and guidance, I had to fix my makeup myself. I asked for loose curls, and again, had to continue loosening my curls. I didn't get the sense that these ladies were professionals in the field - they didn't seem experienced at filing in eyebrows, contouring, etc. I also paid $180 for false lashes that weren't used on me because my makeup ended up being too dark, and a glam bag with 1 bottle of hairspray and 1 bottle of glue for the lashes I did not use. Overall, I would NOT recommend using this company, unless you don't really care much about how you look or what you pay for.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Katie F

Michelle did my hair and make up for my wedding on 12/30/17. I've never looked better! I am not someone who does my hair and makeup on a regular basis. Michelle was very patient with me as I figured out what I wanted. She had excellent insight into what I needed. I booked last... Read More minute and she was very accommodating of my schedule. On the day of she was great to have around and really helped kick off the day in a fun and relaxed way. She did my mother's hair and make up too. We both looked great! I am very happy with how it all turned out. Thank you, Michelle!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Paige G

Michelle and her team were awesome!!!!!! These ladies did a wonderful job with my hair and makeup as well as my bridal party! They had no problem makin. Last minute changes for us and we're extremely accommodating. Without a doubt I'd choose them again.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Avram P

This is the must have vendor for your wedding hair and makeup. Michelle literally worked magic and gave me a sophisticated bridal look that lasted all day. Scheduling, contract, and pricing are all up front and hassle-free. Really I can't say enough good things about their... Read More work!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Ashley M

I really can't say enough about Michelle and Jenny from hairz 2 the bride. They did an amazing job on my bridal hair and makeup , as well as the hair for my bridal party and my mother. We all looked and felt absolutely beautiful. They were also very professional and did a great... Read More job of sticking to our schedule so everyone got done on time and we never felt stressed/rushed . Their rates are also very reasonable. I would absolutely recommend their services to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Amanda W

Michelle was a pleasure to work with, from our first contact to my wedding day. She was friendly and informative. She runs a professional business, but still is available to communicate with easily. She came on time, and even came to our hotel and came fully equipped! All the... Read More hair and makeup for 4 were done on time, and we all looked amazing! Thank you Michelle for all you did!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Michelle P

I couldn't be more happy with Michelle's services for my wedding. My hair and makeup looked flawless and stayed in place for my whole event. She accommodated my request for a change in hairstyle from what she did at my trial with no issue whatsoever (the hairstyle I went with... Read More went better with my dress). My bridesmaids loved their looks as well and were able to show pictures of what they wanted. I would absolutely use Hairs 2 the Bride again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Cheryl M

Michelle was a treasure to work with! She was very flexible and accommodating and always back in touch with us regarding questions. We had Stephanie and Jenny come out the morning of my daughter's wedding to our hotel to do the bridal party hair and makeup and my own (MOB)..... Read More What a wonderful experience! These ladies were awesome and my daughter and her bridal party looked stunning! Everything was absolutely perfect! I would strongly recommend them to anyone looking for their artistry!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Kelsey S

Michelle was amazing. On-time, professional and made all the changes I need for my wedding. Hair stayed from 11 am to 1 am and didn't hurt my head or anything. She did extensions and even colored them to my hair color. Thanks Michelle!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Deb P

Great service and very flexible. We added service on the day of the wedding and she just rolled with it and accommodated the add-on. Listens and offers suggestions without being pushy. Beautiful work. Highly recommend.

Michelle Kafka

Michelle is the founder and CEO of Hairs 2 the Bride, she has had a passion for the hair and beauty industry for 13 + years. In that time she has mastered a wide range of techniques including long/short hair, cutting, color, makeup, and up-dos. Michelle is continuously educating herself and keeping up with the new beauty trends, products, and services available in order to provide excellent service to her clientele. Michelle places high value on listening to her clients, understanding their needs and respecting their hair....and she strives for unlimited creativity!