Hal Prince Music and Entertainment

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

241 Main Street, Mount Kisco, NY (914) 241-3300

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Alexis P

Jay and his team really put on a show. They were so fun to work with, so flexible and offered amazing suggestions. Multiple guests came up to me and my husband saying it was the most fun they have had at a wedding in a long time. We could not agree more, we had a blast. We all... Read More know music makes a wedding, look no further than Hal Prince!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Julie D

In searching for a great and energetic band to play at our August 5 wedding in Westchester County, NY our wedding venue recommended Hal Prince. We are so glad they did! Jill Prince was fabulous and extremely easy to work with. After listening to what we were looking for, she... Read More recommended Night Song as the perfect band for us. Perfect they were in every way possible! Their voices were amazing, they sang everything we asked for and had everyone dancing the entire night. Thank you Jill Prince for making our reception so memorable!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Susan P

This band is incredible. From the second song in, people were coming up to me asking who they were! Jay is not only a talented musician, his band and singers are top notch and have extreme class. We went to the "top" NYC bands, but when we met Jill and Jay we knew we were... Read More dealing with people who really cared and didn't need to "sell" you. They can play anything and know how to read the crowd. BOOK THEM NOW!! - Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Joseph S

Jay Prince & his band played at our wedding in mid-August 2017 and they were incredible. We could not have been happier from the time we selected them to the final note of the last song. They were professional, communicative, and flexible during the planning process. On the... Read More night of our wedding they played with so much enthusiasm and skill. Notably, they nailed our playlist and stuck with the overall style that we requested. We had countless guests comment on how great the band was, both during and after the wedding - and we agree! They were a major highlight and we are so happy that we chose them.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Amanda F

Jay Prince and his band made our wedding!!!! I am still getting compliments on how great the band was. Our guests were on their feet dancing the whole night which is exactly what we wanted. Jay works with you throughout the planning process to understand what type of music you... Read More like best and to find the right balance and set list. Jay is enthusiastic and professional, and such a fun, dynamic guy.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 geoff c

Jay and the band played our May 2017 wedding, and we have been getting rave reviews from all our friends and family ever since! Jay was super accommodating when it came to our song selections, and the band's ability to capture every song was spectacular. Having Jay play for us... Read More truly put our special occasion over the top, and you won't be disappointed! We codlin recommend them high enough!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Marijela P

Thank you Hal Prince and specially DJ Steve for a fantastic night! Working with Hal Prince was an amazing experience, from start to finish. Everything was beyond our expectations!!! Music was fantastic. Special thank you to DJ Steve for creating the playlist that kept everyone... Read More dancing all night long and putting up with our Serbian music requests. Once again thank you Hal Prince for helping us make our dream come true!!! Best, Marijela & Steven

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Marcy M

I attended a wedding in NYC and danced to Jay Prince's music... never wanted the night to end. Two months later my daughter got engaged and after right after I confirmed the venue I hired Jay for her wedding. Best decision ever! She was married last May and months later people... Read More are still telling me how awesome the bad was. They also send me pictures from friends and family on the dance floor. I have no doubt that years to come my fam will still be talking about the wedding and band. Kudos to Jay and his band for making my daughters wedding reception one of the best that our guests will ever attend.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Jenna M

Jay Prince and his band are PHENOMENAL. First of all, Jay and his team were a complete joy to work with for our wedding last week. Jay is so cool and really offers personal attention. He listened to our wishes, provided ideas when we weren't sure what to do for certain moments... Read More during the wedding, and accommodated a few special requests to personalize the evening. And of course, the dance sets were killer - everyone was up on their feet. They truly hit it out of the park!!! Everyone was raving about the band. We had guests tell us that the band was so good that they were happy to just watch them play - but sure enough everyone was on the dance floor. Jay knows when to play the classics and when to pump up the contemporary music for the younger crowd later in the night. And for a wedding with mixed cultures, he also knew when to explain things like the hora, for example. He was also a great MC, providing announcements for speeches in a subtle, not overdone way. I am so grateful for the band - one of the best decisions we made and would do it all over again a million times over. Just the best. When can I hear the Jay Prince band again?! Someone invite me to your wedding stat!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Lori P

WOW!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!! – all words to describe the incredible band Nightsong from Hal Prince Music and Entertainment. We felt we struck gold when the band started playing and we saw so many people getting up to dance. We had a pretty eclectic group of people... Read More that ranged in ages from 2 to 92 and from different parts of the country and the world. The band appealed to everyone so much so that there was no coaxing anyone to get up to dance. When we met Jill from Hal Prince we told her what type of music we like and some of which we didn’t. We gave her some songs we definitely wanted played. We didn’t make a lengthy list because Jill suggested to us that we leave it up to the band. She said they would know how to read the crowd. They really did read the crowd well. As our guests were leaving many said they enjoyed the band so much that they didn’t want the evening to end. It’s almost three weeks since the wedding and we still get messages from friends and family telling us how much they enjoyed the band. I thank Jill, the band and all of Hal Prince Music and Entertainment for making our wedding an absolute success.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Liz S

Had a fantastic night with Steve, our dj, at our wedding. He was great to work with, read the crowd well and played the music that kept us all on the dance floor! Amazing-I highly recommend him and the company!!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Liz S

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Leah B

I can honestly say that the Jay Prince Band made our wedding! They were absolutely amazing, kept the guests (and my husband and I) dancing all night long. From the beginning stages of planning through the event Jay and Pat were responsive, helpful, flexible, and made all the... Read More right suggestions to make our wedding the best. THANK YOU!!!!! And to the reader, book them now, it will be the best and easiest decision of your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lindsey A

Jay and his band are absolutely amazing! The planning process with Jay was very streamline and made me feel comfortable handing over the details for him to handle. We used some "interesting" songs during our ceremony and cake cutting and they nailed it! All of the vocalists... Read More are outstanding and the musicians amazed us and all of our guests. The dance floor was full all night! We were thrilled with Hal Prince Music and Entertainment! I can't even count the amount of compliments and positive feedback we received from our guests! Do yourself a favor and use Hal Prince for your wedding; you won't be disappointed! Thank you Jay and Band for everything! -Lindsey and Carl-

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Alison F

Hal Prince is truly the best of the best. They are the ultimate wedding band! We had a wonderful experience working with Jay. We initially met him at his office in the city to discuss our vision for the music, as well as which performers and instruments we'd like included in our... Read More band. Hal Prince also provided us with ceremony musicians. Via email, we discussed ceremony songs, receptions songs (first dance, cake cutting, etc.) and then met again to finalize everything. The band truly rocked the house - everyone was dancing! They played a great combination of old songs and new songs. Jay was also a wonderful emcee for our event. If you are looking for the perfect wedding band - look no further than Hal Prince!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Tara V

The Jay Prince Band absolutely rocked our October 8, 2016 wedding! A live band was our nonnegotiable item for our wedding, so we did extensive research on who to select. We went to NYC showcases, met with bands, asked for recommendations, spent hours looking at videos and... Read More reviews online... we didn't make a decision lightly. When meeting with Jill and Jay in their Mt. Kisco office (also have an NYC office), they were extremely personable, professional and truly listened to what we wanted- verses simply trying to 'sell us' on the band. After meeting, we got only excellent recommendations from other couples who had used them, so we booked them! In the lead up to the wedding, Jay and his assistant Pat, answered all emails and questions promptly. My husband and I met with Jay to discuss the tempo we wanted for the night. Jay helped us come up with a good collection of old songs, new songs and traditional songs that would fit the 250 person crowd. We had songs for every generation! No one sat at our wedding, unless it was because their feet hurt from dancing. The highlight of the night was our first dance to the song 'Tennessee Whiskey.' The band learned the song for us and absolutely nailed it! It was even better than the original version! We have received countless compliments on the Jay Prince Band and they absolutely exceeded our already high expectations. If you want people dancing your entire wedding and talking about how much it rocked for years to come, the Jay Prince Band (from Hal Prince Entertainment) is worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Abbi S

Jay and Hal Prince Music and Entertainment are INCREDIBLE!!! The dance floor at our wedding was jam-packed the entire night! The quality of their music is astounding and they play such a wide variety of songs and genres that this band is perfect for any and every occasion. In... Read More addition to being amazingly talented, Jay and his team are professional, organized, and a joy to work with. These guys are just a ton of fun, full of energy, and we could not have asked for a better band for our wedding. I would highly recommend Hal Prince Music and Entertainment!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Liza I

I just got married and I have to say this was the best wedding I have ever been to. I. Not just saying that because it is my own wedding. This band is unbelievable! It is like being at a concert! They had everyone dancing all night. Best of all they were a pleasure to work with.... Read More I am truly grateful for everything they did for us. My husband and I took dance classes to get our first dance down and they played our song so beautifully. Really made our night unique! Jay! Thank you so much. You rock man! And that Zeppelin during dinner was such a surprise.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Shanna T

When the question came up, band or DJ, it was no doubt in my mind we wanted a band! And no other band came to mind than the famous Nightsong group from Hal Prince Orchestra! The band was AMAZING! Bandleader Mike did the most amazing job or seamless switching between our first... Read More dances, and made sure the party was ROCKING! We have several swing dancers in the mix and they had a blast! Almost everyone was up on the dance floor, and when the sax player is in the middle dancing with yours truly, WHILE still playing is no easy feat. Guests could not stop gushing about the wonderful band! My brother wanted to play a special song for me, and the band had no issue handing over a guitar for him to sing and play such a sweet song. We were singing, laughing and dancing up until the very last minute! The band really, really made the night memorable! It was 10,000% worth hiring a band! I would recommend any of them in a heart beat! Are we sure we cannot give them higher than 5 stars?! These guys and girls were seriously an 11!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Elizabeth N

We used Jay Prince and his band for our wedding at the Stone Mill at the NY Botanical Garden last August. We were so pleased with the service. Not only were the musicians talented but they knew what would make the party fun. Our dance floor was hopping all night, and we loved... Read More that Jay played some acoustic during food courses. In planning for the wedding Jay was pleasant and considered all of our requests while also sharing his own suggestions. We also used a keyboardist for our ceremony which was perfect. I would definitely recommend using this band for your wedding.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Jill F

Jay Prince and his band played at our daughter's wedding This past Saturday . I am still getting calls, texts and emails about how fabulous our party was ! Jay knew from the moment we met how important it was to keep everyone in the dance floor all Night ! My daughter and... Read More her now husband chose an unfamiliar song for their first dance and Jay and the band absolutely nailed it !! It was one of the most special moments of the night ! I cannot say enough about how wonderful The night was ! As everyone says the music is so Important and there was never a doubt in my mind from the moment we booked Jay Prince !

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Stacey K

Jay Prince and his band were fantastic! We just had them at our wedding and were so thrilled. They went above and beyond our expectations and really made our day so special! Thank you so much Jay! - Stacey K

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

They Can Do Anything! Engaging the Hal Prince Orchestra for my daughter’s wedding proved to be a great choice. Not only did we get Jay Prince as our Band Leader but Jill Prince (Jay’s sister) was also part of the package. Jill will be discussed later. As for the Jay and the... Read More Band, our guests are still talking about how fabulous they were. In addition to being up-beat and talented musicians who know and love the music they are playing, the sound quality was simply fantastic. I hate going to weddings, where you can’t hear yourself think. Somehow the Hal Prince Orchestra manages to play the music at sound volumes that clearly inspire the crowd to get up and boogie but not so loud that people cannot converse. Their engineers are that good. Jay and the Band can play anything you could possibly want to hear on your special day their set list is quite extensive. Our directive to Jay was that all the music had to popular and recognizable by our guests of all ages. Every song played had to have been someone’s favorite song. Their covers are simply amazing. We went for the 12 piece band that included several singers and an incredible horn section. I wish I could listen and dance to such a great band every weekend. The music of our wedding ranged from Sinatra, Motown, Swing, to the Hora! Jay is also a great emcee. He is charisma personified. Putting your affair in Jay’s hands is a good idea. He is fun and enthusiastic. That is also important during the planning aspect of your function. The process should be fun and not an ordeal. Jay made it a joyful time for us. Now onto what you would not necessarily expect from a music company. It was my good fortune to hook up with Jill Prince, who really put together the visual embodiment of what we wanted for my daughter’s wedding. She suggested a lighting and décor package that I had not seen before. It drove home the message of summer and happiness that we wanted to convey. She arranged for fabulous furniture rentals, incredible lighting and a monogrammed white dance floor that made the room magical. She is familiar with a wide variety of venues and vendors. She is a pleasure to work with and our wedding would not have been as magnificent as it was without her!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Julia B

Jay Prince and his band were absolutely AMAZING! They were the stars of our wedding, and no one can stop talking about how excellent they were! Jay was a fabulous M.C. and everything ran smoothly! People stayed extra late that night just to keep listening to the band play, and I... Read More have never danced so hard for so long! Thank you all so much!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016

Jay Prince and his band are SO fabulous. I can't recommend them highly enough. On our wedding night they kept everyone (even my 84-year-old grandmother) on their feet for hours!!! The band can recreate any song, from the Beatles to Rihanna, and it'll sound like the original... Read More recording. It was a wedding to remember and I know it's because we hired Jay Prince!