Hallak Cleaners Bridal Gown Services (Pre & Post)

Celebrating over 50 years! Hallak Cleaners' specialized bridal department provides brides with services such as alterations, sample gown cleaning, freshening (pressing/steaming), heirloom restoration, remodeling, post-wedding gown cleaning and preservation. Email [email protected] today.

Alterations, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Fashion Services, Fashion

1232 Second Avenue, New York, NY (212) 832-0750

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Camryn G

I used Hallak cleaners for gown preservation. They were reliable, professional and easy to work. Would highly recommend to someone looking for high-quality service to your wedding gown.

2017-09-26T09:04:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! And thank you for choosing to have your gown preserved by Hallak for a lifetime of memories. If you ever have any questions about your gown preservation, please feel free to call or stop by either location. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Meredith D

Hallak was absolutely fantastic. They charged a flat, reasonable rate for me which they told me at my first appointment. From there, they did four rounds of alterations on my gown with painstaking attention to detail. They handled my two layer gown carefully and listened to me... Read More and executed what my vision for the dress was. They dealt with a complicated lace pattern and the dress looked flawless when it was done. I really could not recommend them enough. It was so nice to get the price upfront after the initial confrontation and not feel like they were rushing my dress or trying to get all of the alterations done in one or two rounds. They really took their time and did a fantastic job.

2017-07-19T14:54:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. When you walk down the aisle, we know that all eyes will be on you. If it takes 4 fittings, then that's what it takes...and we are happy to do so. Thank you again. Best wishes!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Lauren Athena M

Hallak Cleaners made my beautiful gown into "the one." My Nicole Miller gown fit perfectly after (multiple) alterations. Their expert opinions on how the dress should fit, how long it should be hemmed, inserts for the chest, and how to bustle for the reception were invaluable.... Read More My dress came in with two months to the wedding, and Hallak's fit me in for alterations withought cutting corners. They shared my sense of urgency but had everything perfect on time. I was scared to look at the bill after reading reviews on their price point, but pleasantly surprised when I learned that certain dress shops offer packages with Hallak. I would have been willing to pay double the rate. I am small, but curvy and had to buy a size up to fit my chest and hips. The strapless gown was altered in a way that was flattering, comfortable and did not fall all night. The changes they made accentuated my figure without being restrictive or making me feel too exposed. They took my opinions into account but firmly offered advice on how the dress should fit and how it would fall for pictures. I truly felt like a bride, and I felt comfortable and confident in the dress, thank you so much!!

2017-01-11T13:58:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to 'write' such a beautiful review of our services. Hallak's bridal team truly loves its brides. We know it is such a special time and want you to know you're in the very best of hands. It means a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Elandria J

I had the most amazing experience working with Hallak. I purchased my dress at Glamour Closet and needed quite a few alterations. I had three fittings and each one was better than the previous one. They made each change exactly as requested. Their work greatly exceeded my... Read More expectations. I also appreciated the overall tone and feel of Hallak - they were attentive and helpful, but not at all pretentious. I felt very comfortable and I knew they were happy to accommodate my needs. I highly recommend working with Hallak to get the perfect bridal dress fit.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Jessica B

They were fantastic, and provided outstanding customer service. Highly recommend!

2017-12-12T10:35:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words...and thank you for the recommendation! So happy to hear that you were pleased with our services and customer care. It means a lot to us.

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Christina P

I had my veil cleaned and preserved at Hallak. They were so professional, prompt, and made me feel special. I didn't know a dry cleaners could do that!

2017-11-28T07:59:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! You are special and should be treated that way! Best wishes!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Jasmine F

I wish I had read the poor reviews online about Hallak cleaners before I allowed them to clean my wedding dress before my wedding. Hallak removed the two stains after they first cleaned the dress, but they returned the dress to me with six new stains they added! I was upset... Read More about the new stains being added and after they spot cleaned the dress twice more the stains were still there but fainter. I cannot recommend their services at all and it was extremely distressing and upsetting experience. Do not use their dry cleaning services!

2017-11-13T11:36:25 Response from the vendor

I understand your disappointment and frustration, which is why i reached out personally on the day you posted (and learning about these issues). This is not something that typically occurs as you can see since we have countless of positive reviews regarding our wedding services.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Clarissa R

Hallak Cleaners did a wonderful job on the alterations of my dress! They were very professional and were an all -around a great, affordable choice. I will definitely go back for any dress alteration, as well as recommend them to any future bride!

2017-10-05T16:47:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so happy that you were happy with our team and services. Congratulations and best wishes!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Christina L

Highly recommend Hallak's -- everything about my bridal fitting, tailoring, and pressing experience was fantastic!!! The Hallak's staff clearly knows what they are doing, and everyone is so efficient, friendly, and accommodating. Hallak's made everything so easy and... Read More stress-free, and thanks to them, my dress fit like a glove! The tailoring was done so well that multiple people at my wedding asked if my dress was custom-made just for me. Thanks, Hallak's!!

2017-10-05T16:48:35 Response from the vendor

No, thank you! We truly appreciate when brides take the time to share their experience with us. Our brides deserve the very best. We are so happy to read your lovely comment. Congratulations and best wishes!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Anna G

I brought my dress to Hallack as the store I bought it from recommended it. There wasn't much time left to the wedding to shop around so I bit the bullet. My dress required minimal alterations as it fit perfectly (hemming and a minor strap shortening) however I was still charged... Read More the flat price. When I tried to get a break down of what I am paying for simce I paid almost as much as I paid for my dress I kept on being told that's the package they have with the store I bought it from and that's that. George is a lovely guy and his work is fantastic however I found myself insisting on certain things to be done a certain way to which he agreed that it looked better; I would expect the tailor to be able to have an input / suggestions how to make the dress look better him/herself rather than the other way around. For my first appointment I had to wait half an hour as the previous person was taking longer, which is fine, but with nowhere to sit and wait standing with heels on was far from fun experience. Please get a waiting area or separate it from the changing room. Bottom line is - quality is good but I found it very overpriced for the work that needed to be done. If I had more time I would have shopped around and gone elsewhere where I'm charged for work done and not a flat fee.

2017-08-04T07:00:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our basic alterations package with select boutiques includes the basics: hemline, taking in, contouring and a bustle (if needed). It should have been explained to you. If you had less work done, then our team should've discussed an alternative... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Tatiana H

The tailors and staff at Hallak are the best. They are so friendly and accomodating. They truly want you to be happy on your wedding day and will make sure your dress alterations are perfect. They are expensive...but you get what you pay for!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Christina G

George, Hallak's tailor, was incredible! I bought a designer sample sale dress that had a very intricate & delicate lace pattern all over and he went above and beyond to ensure that every single individual flower was in the right place and made as many alterations as we... Read More requested. I was incredibly nervous to have the dress altered in anyway and he was a great listener and gave great advice- I was thrilled with the outcome!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Olivia B

Im so happy that my wedding dress shop Glamor Closet recommended Hallak to me. Donna, George, and all the customer service staff I spoke with at Hal lak gave exceptional service. My dress was altered and cleaned at a very reasonable price in great timing. Hallak exceeded... Read More my experiences and I highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Niah S

I think everyone finds the perfect dress but there is always that one little change you'd like. Thanks for the help! Beautiful work! And www,spazooie.com helped me find a perfect affordable cover up because it was strapless! Wedding Wedding!!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Utest9 T

Cgvb

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Mez T

Tedt fhhvcghb

Dress of my dreams!!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015

I bought my dress at one of their designer sample sales and they altered it into the dress of my dreams!! It was such an a pleasure to work with their bridal department!

Saved my dress

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Margie

Hallak cleaners did a wonderful job cleaning and preserving my wedding gown and veil. My experience with Keri, Donna and their staff was FANTASTIC. Donna responded promptly to my email, and Keri is so knowledgeable. She explained to me that all the stains may not come out and... Read More that they will do their best! My gown had chocolate, and the train was black from everyone stepping on it. Well guess what? They were able remover all the stains out. They were so quick. They went over every single detail of the dress. If you want it to be done right go with Hallak. They are excellent and friendly customer service. I highly recommend Hallak!

Hallack - for stress free alterations

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Katherine P

George on 2nd avenue and the rest of the staff were very professional and welcoming. They delivered what I wanted within the time frame required and did a quality job. My only complaint is that they are not particularly responsive to phone messages and that they failed to... Read More return the repair kit that came with the dress (which I needed post wedding.)

Worth It

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Riza O

I read articles and taken heed the advices of preparing for my wedding. If I were given one re-do it would be to take my gown professionally cleaned at Hallak Cleaners before the actual day. To me there was nothing else I imagined that my gown would need. Hallak color-coded my... Read More bustle ties, created my veil just the way I want, and even added a zipper to my petticoat at my request to feel secure that not even my undergarments would be out of place. I was more than prepared. So to say my gown looked better after dropping it off for cleaning and preservation than when I wore it for my wedding day is an understatement. Hallak removed grass, dirt, dust, sweat and makeup stains having worn my dress to church to a private garden estate for photographs, to the gardens behind the reception venue for more photographs and finally the dance floor. Yes, my gown looked better even after that. Hallak also promotes green cleaning and donates to the Carbonfund.org when choosing to have my gown preserved and cleaned. Their professional and exceptional care and their quality of services still impresses me.

Wedding dress

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Tamara D

I had my wedding dress steamed prior to my big day. It came back looking better than I ever expected!!! I bought the dress in Ohio and flew to New York with my gown in a suitcase. It was very wrinkled, and Hallak Cleaners made it look perfect. Their prices are a bit steep but... Read More worth it.

2013-08-29T09:36:56 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to hear you were pleased with our services! From everyone at Hallak Cleaners, we wish you the best on a wonderful future! Congratulations!

Saved my dress!

Reviewed on 4/30/2013 Katie M

Took my cousin's $10K Rivini dress to a local cleaners to freshen it up for my big day and it was a disaster...they yellowed my dress and fried the petals on it. The dress came back looking worse than when I took it to them. I thought all was lost. I did some research and... Read More decided to take it to Hallak as a last ditch attempt to wear the dress of my dreams at my wedding. They were AMAZING!! They told me the risks of having it cleaned and what they could do to try and reverse any damage. They were so personable and honest. I felt safe with them working on my dress and they kept me informed of the whole process as they were doing it. They were even able to repair a few missing rhinestones and I could never even tell they were not from the original gown. After thinking I had only a week to find a new gown for my wedding, they not only saved my dress, but calmed my nerves so that I could enjoy the last few days before my wedding. They were a lifesaver!!

Gown preservation

Reviewed on 1/14/2013 Lindsey A

After researching several gown cleaning and preservation cleaners in NYC, I went with Hallak because they were professional without being snobby, friendly and communicative. Although it was a bit pricey, I trusted their experience and was pleasantly satisfied when my dress... Read More arrived. The price was worth it.

The Best In the City

Reviewed on 1/14/2013 Aiti T

My sales lady recommended Hallak Cleaners to clean my $7000 Lanvin wedding dress after the wedding and I'm so glad she did! They did a fabulous job removing the tea stain and my wedding looks brand new again. The service is excellent, starting from in-store drop off to the... Read More phone, then email correspondence and then final drop off at my apt. My wedding dress came back in a beautiful, museum-quality, preservation box, along with gloves and care instructions. It was worth every penny and I highly recommend Hallak to clean your most precious garments.

Wedding Dress Alterations

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Caroline L

My wedding gown came out beautifully, on time, and afforable, especaiily compared to other bridal alteration businesses.

Meet The Director of Marketing

Donna Serino

Questions about our bridal services? Feel free to email me directly at [email protected] I would be happy to answer your questions today!