Hallak Cleaners Bridal Gown Services (Pre & Post)

Celebrating 50 years! Hallak Cleaners' specialized bridal department provides brides with services such as alterations, sample gown cleaning, freshening (pressing/steaming), heirloom restoration, remodeling, post-wedding gown cleaning and preservation. Email [email protected] today.

Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Fashion Services, Fashion

1232 Second Avenue, New York, NY (212) 832-0750

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Lauren Athena M

Hallak Cleaners made my beautiful gown into "the one." My Nicole Miller gown fit perfectly after (multiple) alterations. Their expert opinions on how the dress should fit, how long it should be hemmed, inserts for the chest, and how to bustle for the reception were invaluable.... Read More My dress came in with two months to the wedding, and Hallak's fit me in for alterations withought cutting corners. They shared my sense of urgency but had everything perfect on time. I was scared to look at the bill after reading reviews on their price point, but pleasantly surprised when I learned that certain dress shops offer packages with Hallak. I would have been willing to pay double the rate. I am small, but curvy and had to buy a size up to fit my chest and hips. The strapless gown was altered in a way that was flattering, comfortable and did not fall all night. The changes they made accentuated my figure without being restrictive or making me feel too exposed. They took my opinions into account but firmly offered advice on how the dress should fit and how it would fall for pictures. I truly felt like a bride, and I felt comfortable and confident in the dress, thank you so much!!

2017-01-11T13:58:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to 'write' such a beautiful review of our services. Hallak's bridal team truly loves its brides. We know it is such a special time and want you to know you're in the very best of hands. It means a... Read Less Read More

Saved my dress!

Reviewed on 4/30/2013 Katie M

Took my cousin's $10K Rivini dress to a local cleaners to freshen it up for my big day and it was a disaster...they yellowed my dress and fried the petals on it. The dress came back looking worse than when I took it to them. I thought all was lost. I did some research and... Read More decided to take it to Hallak as a last ditch attempt to wear the dress of my dreams at my wedding. They were AMAZING!! They told me the risks of having it cleaned and what they could do to try and reverse any damage. They were so personable and honest. I felt safe with them working on my dress and they kept me informed of the whole process as they were doing it. They were even able to repair a few missing rhinestones and I could never even tell they were not from the original gown. After thinking I had only a week to find a new gown for my wedding, they not only saved my dress, but calmed my nerves so that I could enjoy the last few days before my wedding. They were a lifesaver!!

Great Service!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Day G

My fiance at the time and I decided to elope from CA to NY in less than two weeks. I shipped my wedding dress and his suit to Hallak Cleaners to have steamed and was very pleased with their work! Donna, from Hallak was great communicating with me. Not knowing anyone in NY and... Read More being so last minutie Hallak Cleaners accomodating me and made the special day stress free! I would highly recommend Hallak Cleaners.

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Anna G

I brought my dress to Hallack as the store I bought it from recommended it. There wasn't much time left to the wedding to shop around so I bit the bullet. My dress required minimal alterations as it fit perfectly (hemming and a minor strap shortening) however I was still charged... Read More the flat price. When I tried to get a break down of what I am paying for simce I paid almost as much as I paid for my dress I kept on being told that's the package they have with the store I bought it from and that's that. George is a lovely guy and his work is fantastic however I found myself insisting on certain things to be done a certain way to which he agreed that it looked better; I would expect the tailor to be able to have an input / suggestions how to make the dress look better him/herself rather than the other way around. For my first appointment I had to wait half an hour as the previous person was taking longer, which is fine, but with nowhere to sit and wait standing with heels on was far from fun experience. Please get a waiting area or separate it from the changing room. Bottom line is - quality is good but I found it very overpriced for the work that needed to be done. If I had more time I would have shopped around and gone elsewhere where I'm charged for work done and not a flat fee.

2017-08-04T07:00:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our basic alterations package with select boutiques includes the basics: hemline, taking in, contouring and a bustle (if needed). It should have been explained to you. If you had less work done, then our team should've discussed an alternative... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Meredith D

Hallak was absolutely fantastic. They charged a flat, reasonable rate for me which they told me at my first appointment. From there, they did four rounds of alterations on my gown with painstaking attention to detail. They handled my two layer gown carefully and listened to me... Read More and executed what my vision for the dress was. They dealt with a complicated lace pattern and the dress looked flawless when it was done. I really could not recommend them enough. It was so nice to get the price upfront after the initial confrontation and not feel like they were rushing my dress or trying to get all of the alterations done in one or two rounds. They really took their time and did a fantastic job.

2017-07-19T14:54:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. When you walk down the aisle, we know that all eyes will be on you. If it takes 4 fittings, then that's what it takes...and we are happy to do so. Thank you again. Best wishes!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Tatiana H

The tailors and staff at Hallak are the best. They are so friendly and accomodating. They truly want you to be happy on your wedding day and will make sure your dress alterations are perfect. They are expensive...but you get what you pay for!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Christina G

George, Hallak's tailor, was incredible! I bought a designer sample sale dress that had a very intricate & delicate lace pattern all over and he went above and beyond to ensure that every single individual flower was in the right place and made as many alterations as we... Read More requested. I was incredibly nervous to have the dress altered in anyway and he was a great listener and gave great advice- I was thrilled with the outcome!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Olivia B

Im so happy that my wedding dress shop Glamor Closet recommended Hallak to me. Donna, George, and all the customer service staff I spoke with at Hal lak gave exceptional service. My dress was altered and cleaned at a very reasonable price in great timing. Hallak exceeded... Read More my experiences and I highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Niah S

I think everyone finds the perfect dress but there is always that one little change you'd like. Thanks for the help! Beautiful work! And www,spazooie.com helped me find a perfect affordable cover up because it was strapless! Wedding Wedding!!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Utest9 T

Cgvb

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Mez T

Tedt fhhvcghb

Dress of my dreams!!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015

I bought my dress at one of their designer sample sales and they altered it into the dress of my dreams!! It was such an a pleasure to work with their bridal department!

Saved my dress

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Margie

Hallak cleaners did a wonderful job cleaning and preserving my wedding gown and veil. My experience with Keri, Donna and their staff was FANTASTIC. Donna responded promptly to my email, and Keri is so knowledgeable. She explained to me that all the stains may not come out and... Read More that they will do their best! My gown had chocolate, and the train was black from everyone stepping on it. Well guess what? They were able remover all the stains out. They were so quick. They went over every single detail of the dress. If you want it to be done right go with Hallak. They are excellent and friendly customer service. I highly recommend Hallak!

Hallack - for stress free alterations

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Katherine P

George on 2nd avenue and the rest of the staff were very professional and welcoming. They delivered what I wanted within the time frame required and did a quality job. My only complaint is that they are not particularly responsive to phone messages and that they failed to... Read More return the repair kit that came with the dress (which I needed post wedding.)

Worth It

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Riza O

I read articles and taken heed the advices of preparing for my wedding. If I were given one re-do it would be to take my gown professionally cleaned at Hallak Cleaners before the actual day. To me there was nothing else I imagined that my gown would need. Hallak color-coded my... Read More bustle ties, created my veil just the way I want, and even added a zipper to my petticoat at my request to feel secure that not even my undergarments would be out of place. I was more than prepared. So to say my gown looked better after dropping it off for cleaning and preservation than when I wore it for my wedding day is an understatement. Hallak removed grass, dirt, dust, sweat and makeup stains having worn my dress to church to a private garden estate for photographs, to the gardens behind the reception venue for more photographs and finally the dance floor. Yes, my gown looked better even after that. Hallak also promotes green cleaning and donates to the Carbonfund.org when choosing to have my gown preserved and cleaned. Their professional and exceptional care and their quality of services still impresses me.

Wedding dress

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Tamara D

I had my wedding dress steamed prior to my big day. It came back looking better than I ever expected!!! I bought the dress in Ohio and flew to New York with my gown in a suitcase. It was very wrinkled, and Hallak Cleaners made it look perfect. Their prices are a bit steep but... Read More worth it.

2013-08-29T09:36:56 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to hear you were pleased with our services! From everyone at Hallak Cleaners, we wish you the best on a wonderful future! Congratulations!

Gown preservation

Reviewed on 1/14/2013 Lindsey A

After researching several gown cleaning and preservation cleaners in NYC, I went with Hallak because they were professional without being snobby, friendly and communicative. Although it was a bit pricey, I trusted their experience and was pleasantly satisfied when my dress... Read More arrived. The price was worth it.

The Best In the City

Reviewed on 1/14/2013 Aiti T

My sales lady recommended Hallak Cleaners to clean my $7000 Lanvin wedding dress after the wedding and I'm so glad she did! They did a fabulous job removing the tea stain and my wedding looks brand new again. The service is excellent, starting from in-store drop off to the... Read More phone, then email correspondence and then final drop off at my apt. My wedding dress came back in a beautiful, museum-quality, preservation box, along with gloves and care instructions. It was worth every penny and I highly recommend Hallak to clean your most precious garments.

Wedding Dress Alterations

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Caroline L

My wedding gown came out beautifully, on time, and afforable, especaiily compared to other bridal alteration businesses.

Surprisingly Disappointed

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Cassandra G

I brought my gown to Hallak to be hemmed because they were supposed to be "the best". They had great reviews so I didn't mind paying a premium price for a perfect job. When I dropped it off, I informed the seamstress that I would be leaving for my destination wedding in 4... Read More weeks. She gave me a date 2.5 weeks later to return for my 2nd fitting. I thought it was a long time to wait and pushing it time-wise, but I figured they're professionals and I need not worry. When I arrived for my 2nd fitting, they could not find my dress. I waited for 30 minutes in a panic while they searched for it. The seamstress said she thought it might be at her house. Her excuse was that she had too many brides to keep track of all the dresses. Maybe she should get a calendar to jot down the dates she tells brides to return. An hour later she calls me to say they found it. So I go back for the fitting and she gives me an attitude about me wanting to get the dressed finished ASAP. At this point I have one week until I leave. If something else needs to be fixed, I want to allow for enough time to do so. From what I've been told by my sister (who has been a wedding planner for the past 7 years) and my group of close friends who are married, I was supposed to give one month for alterations to make sure I'm not going to fluctuate in size before the wedding. She snapped at me and said she needed three, which is fine if that's how you operate...but why not tell me that from the beginning? I'd have taken it somewhere else if they didn't think one month was enough time to hem a dress. My work schedule conflicts with the seamstresses hours of 730-330 so coordinating times to see her was difficult. She did end up having the dress ready for the next day (credit given there) for me to pick up after work, but it was after her shift so I was not able to try it on again with her. When I tried the dress on at home, the first hem was done on a machine, so there are holes all along the bottom. I sew so I know that test hems should be done by hand. It was also uneven, so I had to take it to another seamstress the Sunday before my trip to be fixed. Bottom line, for $350 to hem a dress, I had higher expectations. My best friend had he dress hemmed and taken in for $200 and it only took 3 days.

2012-09-22T09:18:43 Response from the vendor

As the bridal coordinator, I was shocked to read this review because I was not made aware of the situation. I wish I had the opportunity to discuss this with you and tried to "correct" or at the very least apologize properly. On behalf of... Read Less Read More

Used Vera Wang looked New after Hallak

Reviewed on 9/07/2012 Lindsay L

My Vera Wang was purchased from The Bridal Garden and I didn't have time to use their cleaners. I brought it to another company and a woman working there, on the sly, told me to take it to Hallak that this is what they specialize in - cleaning the uncleanable. The dress was a... Read More sample that had been tried on a million times - it was dirty and a mess but beautiful no matter how dirty. Hallak cleaned the dress in record time; they were kind, curteous and when I got the dress back I was speechless - it looked new - amazing. My dressmaker was just as shocked - she didn't think it was possible to make this dress look as good as it does. It's 45 minutes to Hallak from my house. Worth every minute in the car for the results. My wedding is in a week and I will bring it back to Hallak after I return from my honeymoon for preservation. PS - it wasn't cheap but it is worth it - I can't wait to wear my gown!

Beautiful work and Lovely staff!!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2012 Rona C

The staff at the Hackensack location are wonderful!!! The seamstress, Kymet, did a beautiful job with my wedding dress! I've never felt more gorgeous! She listened to my concerns and her amazing skills and professionalism resulted in a perfectly fitted gown! Laura and Marc at... Read More the front desk were always pleasant, kind, polite, and very helpful! My preserved wedding gown came nicely wrapped in a lovely box and instructions on how to handle the gown. I plan on continuing to go to them for all my dry cleaning needs!

Absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/10/2012 Michelle C

I brought my dress in to be cleaned and preserved a week after my wedding in July. Everyone was so wonderful. My dress arrived 3 weeks later (the dress was finished earlier but we were on our honeymoon) and it was beautifully cleaned and preserved. Thank you Hallak Cleaners... Read More for doing an amazing job. Your site in NJ is very convienent!!

Cleaning services

Reviewed on 1/28/2012 Judith C

Hallak Cleaners is a premier company and tops in their field. Trust the most important dress of your life to the gown preservation specialists. My gown has been perfectly cleaned and preserved. It's all ready to be removed from its protective box and put on if I ever want to... Read More wear it again. The personal service and detail to attention by bridal coordinator Donna is exceptional. This is literally a white glove company - your wedding dress will be returned to you cleaned and preserved Smithosonian style and will include a pair of white gloves to use to inspect your gown so no body oils will mar the dress. The investment in your wedding dress is well worth the price of having Hallak Cleaners protect this memorable and cherished asset. Thank you Donna and your team for your care in ensuring that my wedding dress remains as beautiful as the day I wore it!

Expert Family Business unlike any other cleaner

Reviewed on 10/19/2011 Henry R

I come from 3 generations of bridal designers and we know the benefit of what a family business can bring to those receiving exceptional service. For more than 15 years Michelle and I have at the back of our wedding dresses sewn in labels recommending Hallak Cleaners as the... Read More only choice for brides to take their dresses to for cleaning, preserving and maintenance. If you visit these stores or go to the plant in New Jersey you will witness precision, professionalism, spotless cleanliness of workspace and pride and passion of staff exudes from one thing and one thing alone. The people of Hallak cleaners, the family, the brothers, the family of staff, take pride in wanting brides and customers to be happy, thrilled, satisfied and to experience what premium product means when it comes to cleaning preserving and maintenance of heirloom. This is not just a review but we write from the heart and from our experience good luck to all of the brides reading this may your path down the aisle be fulfilled, fun, fabulous. Warm regards, Michelle Roth & Henry Roth and the Design Studio in New York City and Sydney.

Meet The Director of Marketing

Donna Serino

Questions about our bridal services? Feel free to email me directly at [email protected] I would be happy to answer your questions today!