Classical, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

65 West 55th Street, New York, NY (212) 767-0600

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Erica M

We were married on Saturday and had the Jeff Lubin Band through Hank Lane Music. We requested Jeff's band after experiencing them at our friends' wedding 2 years ago. Jeff and crew had all attendees on the floor all night long- I was even dancing in my seat while eating... Read More dinner. They can not only play any genre you request, they play it so well that it's easy to mistaken them for the original musicians. When we met with Ian at Hank Lane, Jeff was available and we were ecstatic. A few weeks before our wedding, we spoke with Jeff for nearly 2 hours on the phone going over song requests and music that we like/don't like/despise from all genres we wanted played at our wedding. Jeff was incredibly kind and accommodating. He assured us if any songs didn't work on the dance floor, he would immediately try something else to entice the crowd. Our wedding was the most fun we had ever had. The Jeff Lubin Band was spectacular. Everyone was on the floor all night long. They played everything from top 40 to Springsteen to Sinatra to salt n pepa- they were out of this world. The band members were even in the middle of the dance floor with us, singing, standing on chairs, playing the sax. It was magical all around. I highly recommend the Jeff Lubin Band through Hank Lane Music. Please note they are expensive (more than $10k) but if Music is high on your priority list they are well worth it.

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Ben H

The Kenny Ford band did an absolutely amazing job at our wedding! From our somewhat unusual choices for the processional and recessional to the custom first dance medley to the band simply crushing every hit, we couldn't have imagined a better wedding band. Everybody at Hank... Read More Lane was great, they made the whole process enjoyable and stress free. So many of our guests (many of them musicians) came up to us during and after the wedding to tell us how great the band was, although we didn't really need them to tell us that since the dance floor was packed all night with happy smiling guests! Thanks for everything, we couldn't recommend the Kenny Ford Band and Hank Lane Music more highly!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Lindsay S

What can I say about Hank Lane? They are the best. Our budget was limited, so we asked what we could get in our price point. We ended up splurging and dropped one band member to hit a price we could work with but it was worth it for Kenny Ford Band - our guests were on the dance... Read More floor the entire time up until the very last second, and the dance floor was PACKED. They accommodated a request to let my dad and his friends play a few songs themselves, and even jumped in during the last song to play together. Our first dance song was a little unique (Led Zeppelin) and Kenny Ford killed it. We were so happy with them - they really made the party exciting and fun. I wish we could have kept it going for hours more! So many of our friends were telling us how much they loved the band. Hiring them was an awesome decision and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017

UNBELIEVABLE! If you want a PACKED Dance Floor at your wedding or any other event with all different types of music from the 1940's to the 1980's to present day then you only need to contact Hank Lane Productions. They do it all. I personally chose The Joel Young Band for our... Read More wedding this past October 14, 2016 because they played at my cousins wedding a few years prior. I am serious when I tell you I am NOT a dance person - I love music - but rather bounce around in my chair then show my "moves" in public - LOL. The Joel Young Band had me on the dance floor the entire night at my cousins wedding. Two to Three years later it was time for me to book our October Wedding. I called Hank Lane Productions to see what Friday's and Saturdays the band was available that month and planned my date around them… No Joke!.. and they did not disappoint. We had about 240 people at Terrace on the Park and I don't think one person didn't get on that dance floor - it was even packed during dinner service! We had fun, our guests had fun and the band even had fun. TRUST ME - give them free reign to play in between your “must have songs” and you will be the happiest bride and groom EVER! But more importantly your guests will be blown away. They will do whatever you want but trust me when I say they ARE the professionals - let them do what they do. I have a ton of family that are music professionals as well and they said the band didn't miss a beat - the singers were incredible, the music was top notch and never a delay in their transfers from one song to the next. Our wedding was going to be high energy either way - friends and family waited a long time for us to finally tie the knot - but the Joel Young Band made the evening UNFORGETTABLE and SPECTACULAR! Family and friends are still telling us that it was the best wedding they ever attended. I'm sorry to run on and on but I really can't say enough awesome things about them!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Stefanie P

We had the Nick Campbell Band preform at our wedding & they were amazing! They were lively & so talented. We loved how they interacted with our guests on the dance floor (they had so much fun- especially our ring bearer). We're still receiving compliments on how great the band... Read More was. They were also extremely professional, sweet & so helpful throughout the whole process.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Maryann G

We had the Jenna Wynne Band from Hank Lane for my daughters wedding and we could not have been more pleased! They nailed all the special songs and got the crowded engaged throughout the night. If you are looking for a young, modern, interactive, and energetic band... BOOK THE... Read More JENNA WYNNE BAND!!! Thank you hank lane for helping us through the process. Sent from my iPhone

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Chelsea R

This review is for Luxe (one of Hank Lane's bands). We had seen them at 2 weddings before booking them at ours, so we had no doubt that they were amazing and they delivered. Frank and the band were so energetic and read the crowd perfectly. They learned/played our first dance... Read More song perfectly, as well as the songs we requested for the ceremony. My husband's name is Jesse and we asked that they please play Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield, but they didn't know it, so that was disappointing, but definitely did not take away from the night. They truly made the party and had everyone up dancing the entire night.

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Alyson A

We booked Hank Lane because a coupe friends of ours had used this company for their wedding band and we were not disappointed. It's been months since our wedding and people are still talking about how amazing the band was! They played a range of songs and played most of our must... Read More plays - a range of oldies, 80s, 90s, top 40 - you name it, they sang it! We went with The Frank Michaels band after we discussed with our sales associate the kind of music we wanted. The band was unreal and so talented. We went with a 10 piece band and all members sing! They also never took a break and played continuous music the whole night. Our first dance song which is literally not a well known song and buried deep in iTunes was played and executed perfectly - the singer nailed it perfectly! We also booked a stage through Hank Lane and it was totally worth it. The whole look and feel of it was just wow. My parting words, don't be afraid that a band can't play every song you want - that was my concern and almost why we went with a DJ. This band played everything from Avicii to Bruno Mars, Meghan Trainor, Bon Jovi, Journey, JT, Oasis, Rihanna, and the list goes on! Hank Lane/Frank Michaels is totally worth every penny. If you have the budget, go for a band over a DJ, they're timeless.

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Suzie C

Hank Lane is trustworthy and great at what they do. We did not love that we couldn’t see the bands at a showcase or see any videos (besides what we were shown in the office). But with that said we still felt that we were in good hands and that Hank Lane would not let us down.... Read More We worked with Kim in the NYC office and Stephanie and they were both professional and helpful. We went with the Ernest Mills band and were very pleased. They played a great variety of music appealing to all generations as requested and our guests raved about them (and still do). Mission accomplished!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Josefine M

Thanks to Hank Lane's Marc Koslowe Band for creating such a joyful atmosphere for our wedding last weekend at the New York Botanical Garden. From our romantic first dance to the energetic hora, there was no point throughout our reception when the dance floor wasn't packed with... Read More guests having a great time. Marc was also an excellent mc, introducing the toasts, cake-cutting, and various photo opps; and he anticipated when it was time for quiet slow-dance music and when our guests were ready to party. The music was never so loud that you felt you wanted to take a break in a separate room, but the band filled the space with cheerful tunes throughout the night, making sure to get all of our requested songs in at the exact time we had asked. The two vocalists were out on the dance floor many times throughout the night--dancing with our guests and summoning lots of enthusiasm from everyone. Thanks, too, to Danielle, Jenna, and everyone else at Hank Lane who were great to work with during the planning process, and immediately matched us up with the Marc Koslowe Band as soon as we gave them an idea of our taste in music. If you are hoping for live music at your wedding, look no further than Hank Lane's Marc Koslowe Band!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Bob F

Marcus Reid rocks! His band helped to make the wedding great. High energy, great songs, fabulous musicians and singers. One of the best wedding bands ever. No one wanted to leave the dance floor.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Molly J

Brooklyn Sound played at our wedding on December 3rd and we could not have envisioned a better wedding band experience. They were professional, their sound was INCREDIBLE, and really set the tone for the evening. The band leader Jonny was extremely flexible and open to a lot of... Read More different ideas while being in constant communication with my husband and I. Our dance floor was packed throughout the entire reception. If you want a wedding band that you know will be able to read the crowd and vibe with your wedding guests, you don't have to look much further than Brooklyn Sound. They had a wide range of songs across all genre's. You will not be disappointed with them!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Kate K

We had LUXE as our wedding band last month and so many of our guests are still talking about how amazing they were! Frank and the entire LUXE crew are immensely talented and it shows from the second the night starts. Our guests didn't stop dancing and there were too many... Read More people to count who commented on how great they were. They were lively, exciting and read the room perfectly the entire night and Frank is a fantastic and engaging MC. We've already been asked a number of times for the name of the band, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that we'll get to see LUXE again at someone else's wedding!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Karyn W

We knew that it was going to be an amazing night when we entered the room for the first time as a married couple and the dance floor was already packed with our friends and family having a great time. Jonny Hirsch and his band Brooklyn Sound brought their energy and A game to... Read More our wedding party and helped make our wedding the best night ever. We heard over and over again “Your band was amazing!” From the early conversations to the actual night, we cannot thank them enough for being a part of this special time in our life. Wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Jessica G

My husband and I had the Jeff Lubin band play at our wedding and they we absolutely AMAZING! The dance floor was always full and every single one of our guests came up to us that night, or called us the next day to tell us that they were one of the best bands ever! A week... Read More before our wedding my husband and I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Jeff going through every single detail from the first note to the last- his attention to detail was something we appreciated and loved. Not only was the selection of music constantly upbeat and a great variety for all tastes, all the band members were amazing and the vocalists had the most beautiful voices. Even while our guests were sitting to eat the dinner courses they were clapping and singing along. We could not have been more pleased with Hank Lane and the Jeff Lubin band--HIGHLY recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Lillian C

We had the pleasure of having The Mike Herman band play at our wedding and they were AMAZING!!! We knew that music would be the key factor in how much fun people would have and we were in the best hands. Our guests have not stopped raving about them and asking us who our band... Read More was and how they can hire them! Everyone was blown away. During the wedding, there were times when everyone on the dance floor was dancing and watching them like it was a concert. Phenomenal! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Darrell C

There is nothing else to say about Brooklyn Sound other than it is THE BEST band that we and our guests have ever heard at a wedding! Our wedding planner at the venue gets nervous when couples book bands instead of DJs because it's risky if the band is bad. But not only did... Read More they blow us away with their versatility, their fun and non-cheesy performance, and the way they kept our party dancing the whole night, but they totally impressed our venue staff (they even took their card afterwards to recommend to other couples!). If I could make you book this band for your wedding, I would! They made our wedding absolutely PERFECT!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Alix P

Hank Lane was fantastic to work with, and helped us find the perfect band for our wedding, venue, and crowd. And Brooklyn Sound delivered beyond our wildest expectations. We would go see them tour and would crash a wedding just to see them. If you hire Brooklyn Sound, you’re... Read More guaranteed to have a fantastic party. They rock. Anytime we talk to people about our wedding, the first thing they bring up every time is the band, and for good reason. Brooklyn Sound was absolutely incredible. Johnny was easy to work with -- which was a huge relief, because we had some very specific and particular requests. At no point did we ever feel these requests were a bother or a burden. In fact, just the opposite; we felt confident from our first meeting with Johnny that the reception was going to be exceptional. And it was! They made an amazing set list based on our tastes, had the crowd super engaged and on the dance floor all night, all while also managing the flow of the night really well. Going to Hank Lane and hiring Brooklyn Sound was hands-down one of the best decisions we made for our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Janine K

We had the Marc Koslowe band for our wedding in October and they were absolutely amazing! The dance floor was packed the whole night and our guests still can't stop raving about how good our band was. Highly highly reccomend!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016

Hank Lane made our wedding! We went with Jeff Lubin and his band who totally rocked the whole night away with their versatile skills and never-ending energy. Jeff Lubin personally spent hours with us on the phone going over the playlist and coming up with ideas to make our... Read More evening even better. He even worked with us to customize our first dance song! If you go with Hank Lane, please at least listen to the Jeff Lubin band's samples before making your decision. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Lauren Z

Excellent communication, personable, took time to get to know us and our taste in music, learned special requests, dance floor was packed the entire night, amazing talent!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Rachel M

Jeff Lubin band from Hank Lane was PHENOMENAL!! They made my wedding amazing! They are super lively and fun! They are very interactive with the guests, which just added to the fun of the evening. They know how to get a crowd going and keep them going!!! Jeff was extremely... Read More helpful in getting songs together that would appeal to all of the age groups attending my wedding. All of my guests have continued to tell me how absolutely AMAZING my band was! They continue to tell me they have never seen a band like these guys before. Trust me, Jeff Lubin knows how to make your wedding reception amazing!!! Definitely hire these guys!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Rachel M

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Jennifer W

Brooklyn Sound is an unbelievable band with incredible talent and creativity. Prior to our wedding, the band leader, Jonny, took extreme care in cultivating a playlist specific to our tastes. The music and pieces we selected for the ceremony were elegant, while the dinner... Read More portion was more jazzy. Throughout the reception, the band initiated and maintained a high-energy, fun, and modern vibe, so much so that our guests did not want the band to leave or the party to end. We are so grateful to Brooklyn Sound for helping to create the perfect atmosphere and energy for our wedding! Hope to see them at more events in the future.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Ann H

We had the Marc Koslowe band play at our wedding and to say that we were blown away is an understatement. Our wedding was absolutely amazing and this was due in no small part to the music. I have to say, my expectations for Marc Koslowe were high, but he and the band went above... Read More and beyond. At the end of the night, there was a chorus of "one more song" from our filled-to-the-brim dance floor, and everyone came up to me at our after party to tell me how incredible the band was. My favorite moment of the night was turning around at one point to see the entire dance floor jumping up and down. One guest told my husband that he made a mental note to use this band when he gets married! They were beyond amazing, I really can't say enough good things about them. Joel and I were especially floored by the song they chose for our cake cutting - Sweet Emotion. They nailed it.

Start a Conversation!