Classical, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

65 West 55th Street, New York, NY (212) 767-0600

Reviewed on 2/06/2018 Claire C

We used Dane Wright Band for our wedding on 1/6/18 and loved them! They were great, everyone has been raving about how great the band was! Dane listened to us and got to know us... he even surprised my husband with a Phish song at the end. They had everyone dancing all night.... Read More They sounded just like the real musicians, you couldn’t tell the difference! Dane spoke with us the week before our wedding and helped us decide on our first dance. Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Mike W

Our plans and dreams came true. We worked with Spencer Kaufman at Hank Lane Music in NYC. He took the time to listen to our must haves and desired. We previewed 6-8 groups they represent. From there we narrowed the list.. We selected the Michael Hart band. But Spencer... Read More remembered we liked 80-90's rock, so he suggested special visit by Chandler Mogel. We loved the tight vocals and the the rock violin and brass. Michael Hart met with us a month before. We were so confident and Michael and team did not disappoint. From the ceremony thru cocktails and thru the night, we had energy and fun in the house Everything went smoothly, It was high energy from start to finish. Our family and friends still talk about how amazing the band was!!! We were blown away excitement and professionalism. We told Michael Hart that this was his show and have fun and my guests will be excited, and they were, it was amazing music and we couldn't have been happier with the result. Non stop sound from 6pm till midnight. If you get a chance to use Michael Hart or Chandler you will not go wrong. But do take the time to look up Spencer. I and sure he can help zero in on the right group for you. He most definitely did for us.

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Krista D

We had the most amazing experience with Ernest Mills Band! Ernest was the definition of a true professional. He came over to my husband and I countless times throughout the night to ask if everything was going smoothly and whether we had any requests. Our family and friends... Read More still talk about how amazing the band was!!! We were blown away by Ernest and the band. They played non-stop amazing music and we couldn't have been happier with our selection. THANK YOU ERNEST MILLS! You guys are phenomenal and I know our guests will continue to talk about how great you were for years to come!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Michael C

BROOKLYN SOUND was amazing at our wedding! Jonny was the band leader, and from planning the event, to the actual big day, he was amazing!

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Meredith C

When my (now) husband and I started planning our wedding, the one thing we agreed on from the start was that we needed an amazing band. Everyone knows the difference between a good, bad and GREAT wedding and it usually starts and ends with the music. Our wedding day was... Read More UNREAL...I’ve never been to a better party, led by our incredible band Sugar Lane. Have you met Chioma? If you’re getting married, you need to know her!!!! Hank Lane is well known, and for good reason. We had no idea where to start with bands but Hank Lane kept coming up in our search. Every band review said the same thing: “BEST BAND EVER, everyone keeps asking us who they were, the dance floor was NEVER empty.” The reviews are all similar because it's SO TRUE. The process for booking is efficient and effortless, from initial meeting, to band meeting with Chioma, Hank Lane treats you so well throughout. Chioma + Sugar Lane Band are so insanely TALENTED. We fell in love with Chioma from the MOMENT we met her. Her energy is infectious and UNREAL. Her voice is seriously incredible, there are no words. Our guests would stop dancing mid-song in awe of her voice. She was hysterical, charming, everything all in one. Her band was RIDICULOUSLY good, equally as talented. They were the sweetest, congratulating us and making my husband and I feel so special all night. There are no words to explain this band, head to Hank Lane and check out their video, it will be the best decision you’ll ever make. No one left the dance floor, everyone asked us who our band was, people are still talking about the band 6 months later. Best decision ever!!

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Casi D

My best friend and bridesmaid recommended Marcus Reid Band to me after she saw them at her close friend's wedding. She has always been in the music scene and said they were the best she had ever seen. Naturally since I have always respected her music taste, my husband and I... Read More met with Marcus directly (we were randomly matched up with him for our appointment) and we knew there was no other choice for our wedding on 12/16/17. Marcus is so personable and full of life and that is just off stage. On stage, he is the ultimate performer and the most fun and talented force! Not only is he amazing, but his band and the other singers are just as talented. We had him perform with a 7 piece band and honestly it felt like a 15 piece band. We can't begin to count how many people came over to us during our wedding dying over how amazing the band was. We couldn't even find a moment to sit down because the song choices and music were that incredible that you had to be on the dance floor. At the end of the night after the band performed their last song, the entire dance floor started chanting one more song until the band played Shout! to close it out. It was truly epic and we know that they made the party what it was. We cannot recommend them enough and we just want to praise Marcus again and again for what he does!

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Mackenzie F

Jeff lubin's band was absolutely spectacular at my wedding. I truly cannot say enough good things about the wonderful band. My husband and I are still getting compliments about the band at our wedding and our wedding was several months ago. I have to specifically praise Jeff... Read More Lubin. Not only is he an extremely talented musician but he is also a genuinely kind person. Jeff wanted to talk with my husband and I on the phone a few weeks prior to our wedding to finalize all the details and discuss specific song choices. We were on the phone with Jeff for THREE HOURS on a Sunday! He wanted to get every single moment and detail perfectly planned out so that we would not need to worry about anything. He even took out his guitar and played several of the songs for us so we could get a better idea of what we would hear. He took his time with us and never rushed us. He discussed different genres of music that we would want to hear, and at a certain point we gave Jeff the freedom to read the crowd and do whatever he thought was best, and I am so happy we did that. It was absolutely FANTASTIC! Again, I cannot say enough amazing things about this band. Anyone who uses them will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Lauren C

We hired Clara Jordan Band for our November 18th wedding, and simply but they were incredible. We've had so many friends and family tell us how amazing the band was, and how much fun they had because of it. They kept our guests dancing all night long and played everything we... Read More requested effortlessly. We ended the night with an epic rendition of shout which was the perfect way to end the most fun day ever

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Meghan M

My husband and I got married in October. Choosing Hank Lane was, I think, the best wedding decision we made. Brooklyn Sound was out of this world amazing. They can pretty much play anything, and they are complete pros. Two months later, we are still receiving non-stop... Read More compliments about how incredible our wedding band sounded. The band was so lively, and had everyone up and dancing the entire night. They even came out into the crowd and interacted with us on the dance floor. We had the difficult task of planning a wedding from overseas, and the team at Hank Lane was so helpful and accommodative, since we couldn't be there to meet in person. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Reviewed on 12/16/2017 Erica K

The Jeff Lubin band was fantastic. All of our guests were wowed by their talent. They really made the party amazing and kept all of our guests up and moving.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Liza B

Where do we even begin? Marcus Reid is INSANELY talented and without question the greatest band of all time. The amount of energy that Marcus and his band bring is unparalleled. No one left the dance floor the entire night, they didn't even want to sit for dinner! They are an... Read More absolute pleasure to work with and I could not recommend them enough! Our guests were truly blown away!

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Alexis G

These guys are GREAT! The band I used for the wedding (Clara Barton Band I think?) was incredible; they perfectly covered the wide variety of music we wanted: Skynard, The Eagles, The Grateful Dead, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra, Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, etc. There was... Read More no room on the dance floor and it got everyone (including my 95 year old Great Uncle) dancing like crazy. Even before the big day, they took care to reach out well in advance and discuss my playlist of ideas, confirm details, and promptly and professionally handled all questions I had (had never been to a wedding with a band before and didn’t quite know what to expect). No doubt it made the reception, maybe even the whole wedding. Would hire again and would recommend to literally anyone.

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Laura P

The Carlos Estrella Band performed at our wedding in Brooklyn in November, and I cannot stress enough how terrific they were. The dance floor was packed the entire night, and I lost count how many people told us how amazing the band was. Carlos was so easy to work with, and he... Read More and the band took such care to learn our special requests and make sure the evening ran smoothly. They are total pros, and working with them was one of the best decisions we made in the planning process. Highly, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Michael T

We cannot express in words how amazing Jonny Hirsch and his band Brooklyn Sound executed our entire wedding night. We had a lot of very detailed special requests, and had high expectations after they performed at my brother’s wedding (1 year before), and they exceeded all... Read More expectations. I surprised my bride with a song that the band accompanied me on. Jonny worked with me over calls and emails prior to our big day to execute this perfectly. Brooklyn Sound kept everyone dancing all night. So many guests have already asked who the band was because they were so impressed with their energy, talent, and ability to play such eclectic styles of music. Jonny was extremely flexible and professional to work with. Hank Lane made the entire night magical from start to finish. The violin/keyboard during the ceremony was incredible as well as the Jewish duo we added that created such a high energetic memorable set. Using Hank Lane is a no brainer, and Brooklyn Sound was the perfect high energy band that made our night.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Rachel R

Working with Hank Lane was a no brainer. All of my friends have used a Hank Lane band for their wedding (each different ones) and honestly they all sounded great and played awesome music. When it came time to choosing a band for our wedding we went straight to Hank Lane and... Read More didn’t think twice. We worked with Ian who completely understood the music my husband and I wanted for our special day (some top 40, awesome 90s, 80s and even some 70s) we wanted music our friends and parents could dance to with also some unexpected classics. He suggested the Kenny Ford band and once we saw a snippet of their work we knew they’d be perfect. We then saw them at our friends wedding months later we knew they were the right band for us. We also signed them for ceremony and cocktail hour. To me having a great band is essential for a wedding - they make the party. No words can express how amazing Kenny and the band were. They sounded absolutely awesome, they had everyone dancing all night, and they played songs I didn’t expect a band would (or even could) play and they killed them. They made my wedding perfect and I couldn’t have asked for anything better. They also did a wonderful job with our ceremony and cocktail hour - we had a not typical song (Jungleland by Bruce Springsteen) for the groom and bridal party walk down and they really did an amazing job with it. I recommend Hank Lane as a company and HIGHLY recommend the Kenny Ford band!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Ally W

We had The Billy Stone Band perform at our wedding in October, and would strongly recommend them for anyone looking to have their guests on the dance floor all night. We had seen The Billy Stone Band perform at a friend's wedding in 2015, and they made such a strong impact that... Read More we knew we had to have them at our own wedding. Hank Lane was a pleasure to work with, answering any of our questions along the way. We were also able to have an impact on the set list for the ceremony, dinner, and dancing portions, so everything was custom to our tastes and the atmosphere we wanted during each portion of the night. The band was energetic and able to read the crowd to keep our guests dancing the entire reception. Everyone had a blast!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Sarah H

We had Jenna Wynne perform at our wedding in October 2017. I've had people coming up to me ever since saying that was the best wedding band they have EVER heard. She is highly recommended, and even played "ONE MORE SONG" per our guests requests. SUCH an amazing band. My only... Read More negative is about Hank Lane, not the Jenna Wynne band specifically. I would just be wary that they are pretty inflexible with timing (it costs a ridiculous amount to extend for even a half an hour past 4 hours) and inflexible with costs as well. They are a large production, so understand, but flexibility was my only issue.

2017-11-14T15:21:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the wonderful review of the Jenna Wynne Band. We always appreciate the feedback. With regard to the timing, a four hour booking for a band has been the NY metro area's well established standard for many years. It typically mirrors most catering contracts... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Jessica S

We had Liberty Sound perform at our wedding and they were incredible!! We came to Hank Lane looking for a young band that was fun and energetic. We wanted it to feel like our guests were attending a concert and that's exactly what Liberty Sound provided. The dance floor was... Read More PACKED the entire night (I for one never stopped dancing). Their set list was perfect and they knew exactly how to read the crowd. They even played *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys songs that I loved and had requested ahead of time! The singers got the whole crowd so excited by dancing with us and giving us the microphones to sing along. At the end of the night, people were coming up to shake their hands. You can't go wrong with any Hank Lane Band but Liberty Sound is really top notch! And as a testament to one of the many reasons to go with Hank Lane, one of the band members was sick and couldn't attend the wedding - Hank Lane immediately found an amazing replacement without stressing me out by telling me. That's the comfort you get with an agency like Hank Lane. You never have to worry that you won't have a full band. Thank you guys for everything!!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Caragh O

Our wedding reception was incredible thanks to Brooklyn Sound! Our guests couldn't stop dancing which is exactly what we hoped for. Jonny and the entire band sounded amazing and weeks later people are still reaching out to us raving about the band and how great they sounded.... Read More Jonny was a pleasure to work with and made our night flow smoothly. You and your guests are guaranteed to have an amazing time if you book Brooklyn Sound.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Stefanie O

We originally planned on going with a live band. A friend of mine mentioned Hank Lane and they have different types of bands for different budgets. We made an appointment with Josh Greyson (Boorum) in their NYC office. Such a great guy and we immediately hit it off. He showed us... Read More some great bands and we discussed options for both live bands and DJ. The bands were a bit out of our price range so Josh suggested to go with a DJ and maybe have live music at the cocktail hour. We had several conversations with Josh and he was super patient. We were so impressed with Josh that we asked if he would DJ our wedding (which he did) and when we found out he played the guitar (which I was a huge fan of) we had to have Josh be the entertainer for our entire wedding. BEST DECISION EVER!!! We gave Josh suggestions of musicians and types of music and he ran with it. Our dance floor was NEVER empty and my husband and I danced the night away. We could not have asked for a better entertainer and DJ to make our wedding day perfect! Thank you DJ Josh - you are AWESOME!!!! Darry & Stefanie Ramey 11/3/2017

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Christina C

We had Brooklyn Sound perform at our wedding 9/2/2017. They were absolutely amazing! My fiance and I knew from the time we met the lead singer, Jonny, that we were going to have a great time! We met at the Hank Lane offices and he listened to everything that we suggested and... Read More also made suggestions as to what he thought would be best. We literally danced the whole entire night. I keep getting calls from guests asking about Brooklyn Sound, and saying that they have never heard such a great band at a wedding before. There was always someone performing throughout the night and the band was engaged with the guests on the dance floor. Overall, it was an incredible experience and we are SO HAPPY that we chose them!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kimberly K

The Russ Bennet band is AMAZING!!!! We met Russ at our first meeting at Hank Lane and were totally sold after seeing a few of his bands performances from other weddings. He seemed to know exactly what we were looking for and what our style was. We never worried leading up to our... Read More wedding day about anything with the band. Every song they played was perfect for what we wanted and they had everyone up on the dance floor all night. All of our family and friends could not get over how fantastic they were and everyone asked us if they perform anywhere that isn't a wedding so they could go and see them again! We would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a phenomenal wedding band!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Danielle O

AMAZING!!!!! We had the Jeff Lubin band and they did a beyond perfect job. Jeff took care of every detail on our wedding night and it went off without a hitch. The band sounded even better than expected (they honestly sounded exactly like the artists who sing the songs). They... Read More made the night! Highly recommend them!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Sam E

We hired LUXE for our wedding on 10/22/17 and they were more incredible than we could have ever imagined! Frank and team were so nice and played with an amazing, infectious energy, not to mention supremely talented! The even went above and beyond to help me plan a special... Read More surprise for the big day. There are no words to express how amazing they were so I’ll just say this: book LUXE now and you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Tara G

Marcus Reid Band was PHENOMENAL! There really is no way around it - the music makes the wedding, and Marcus made our wedding a party! When people ask me what my favorite part of my wedding was, I can without a doubt say - dancing to Marcus Reid Band! You know it's good when all... Read More of the bride and groom's friends and the parents' friends are all raving (and were all on the dance floor together). This is a rare example of truly being able to please everyone!