Classical, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

65 West 55th Street, New York, NY (212) 767-0600

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Jessica W

Wow. The Frank Simmons Band. My husband and I just got married last night, and we are still almost at a loss for words about how incredible they were. Our friends and family were coming up to us all last night and this morning absolutely raving about how amazing the Frank... Read More Simmons Band was. From the moment we first met with Frank, we told him that we wanted our wedding to be an epic party, and we wanted all of our guests out of their seats and on the dance floor all night. And they delivered! They were absolutely incredible. They hit the songs we we requested (which considering the varying genres was pretty incredible (Kelly Clarkson, Bruno Mars, ACDC, Frank Sinatra, Zac Brown Band, etc), and then read the crowd all night. They could belt out Top 40s, country, 70s/motown, 90s pop, etc, and knew exactly what to play next to keep the night going. And they interacted with the crowd perfectly, which is something that we wanted them to do. They keep the music going without any full break, from start to finish. We used their keyboardist for our ceremony and cocktail hour and he was incredible. Without the Frank Simmons Band and Hank Lane, the party would never have been as amazing as it was. Trust us, you will have no regrets if you book them!! Thank you Frank and the rest of the band for an INCREDIBLE NIGHT!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Kathleen F

We hired Erik Marshall's band through Hank Lane Music. We love to dance and it was really important to us to have a band who would inspire everyone to get out on the dance floor. Erik and his band delivered on this beyond our wildest expectations. They are the best cover... Read More band I have ever heard, anywhere. I felt like we were at a private concert--everyone in the band was so talented, and great entertainers who are truly excellent at pumping up a crowd. Most importantly--Erik has a ridiculous talent for reading the crowd and figuring out what songs to play. Spotify would surely pay millions for an algorithm half as good his abilities, but a computer could never truly replicate what he and his band can do. We gave him an overview of our musical preferences, and some "make sure to play/definitely don't play" guidance on some specific songs. By the time they had finished the first set, the band had locked onto the crowd's taste perfectly. Everyone had such a great time dancing. The only issue was major exhaustion the next day! Hank Lane was great to work with while picking a band and figuring out logistics--especially Stephanie who diligently chased us down and made sure all of the last minute details were finalized in the week leading up to the wedding.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Emily S

The Jenna Wynne band was the best!! If you are looking for an incredible band with amazingly talented musicians and an entirely hassle free experience look no further! Jenna was so easy to deal with and played the exact songs we were hoping for. Our families and guests were... Read More blown away and everyone thought our first dance song was a recording! Jenna was great to deal with beforehand and is an amazing performer. All the musicians were so talented and kept our guests dancing till the very end!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Sarah R

We first saw Michael Hart and his band perform at my cousin's wedding and knew we absolutely had to have them at ours! Michael has an amazing energy and is a consummate professional, we could not have been happier. Our guests are still raving about the excellent music a month... Read More after our wedding! Even with some obscure songs during our ceremony and reception they delivered an amazing performance. You simply can't go wrong with a Hank Lane band!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Katie G

Carlos Estrella Band played at my daughter's wedding this August, 2017. They were one of the best things about the wedding. They are so good and they can play any genre of music from Latin to 50s through today's top music. They were amazing and Carlos, the bandleader, is such... Read More a gracious, professional and nice person to work with. I absolutely would recommend them for ANY event. My guests could not stop coming up to me to ask me about the Band and how great they were. I can't wait for the opportunity to be able to work with them again. Mother of the Bride, Katie

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Natalie S

Jonny and his band Brooklyn Sound completely exceeded our expectations and our friends and family have not stopped gushing over how incredible their band performed the night of our wedding. Working with Jonny was a dream- he is so knowledgeable and really gets a feel of the... Read More bride and grooms' style so he can lead them in the right direction. He sat with us for over an hour helping us decide all of our music as well as the flow of the night. He was always available over email and willing to change/adapt whatever we asked of him. The dance floor never tired out and they played the most incredible music! I wish we could do it all over again with them :)

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Sally H

We had Brooklyn Sound at our wedding on 7/22/2017 and they were absolutely amazing!! Jonny Hirsch, the band leader, is so easy to work with. He is super responsive and very helpful when planning your set list for the night. He is very passionate about his work, and it clearly... Read More comes through during the performance! Also I sent a last minute request a few days before the wedding to play "Despacito" but figured they wouldn't be able to make any last minute changes. To my surprise, they played the song and it was so perfect that they got every single guest out of their seats. It was definitely the highlight of their set! They were amazing and did not disappoint. My guests are still raving about how great Brooklyn Sound was at our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Michelle M

A couple acquaintances had used bands from Hank Lane and highly recommended we check them out. After going to their midtown office and meeting with Jenna, we decided on the Marc Koslowe Band. This was possibly THE BEST decision we made in the whole wedding planning process.... Read More Working with Stephanie prior to the event to plan the playlist and flow of the evening was easy and seamless, and when it came to the night of...WOW! From ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception, this band KILLED IT. They had the dance floor full the whole night and sounded absolutely incredible. They played a great variety of music; pop, country, classic rock, motown, oldies, something for everyone. If you want studio-caliber music performed by entertaining and professional musicians and you want to dance all night, look no further. The Marc Koslowe Band is your answer.

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Theresa Y

Based on a suggestion from my cousin, my husband and I ended up in Hank Lane’s midtown office in search of a band. After asking us about what kind of music we like, what our must-haves might be, and our budget, they recommended the Clara Jordan Band to us. We are so happy with... Read More their recommendation and this band! Since the wedding, we’ve gotten so many comments about how great they were and how much everyone enjoyed them. They nailed our entrance song, Young Americans, and our first dance song, Strangers, and played a great mix of classic songs and top-40 type stuff. We were able to add a horn player to the band which was helped fill out the sound we wanted. And, best of all, they snuck in an extra Bruce Springsteen song at the end, since I mentioned he’s my favorite! Hank Lane was able to arrange for some of the members of the band to play our cocktail hour as a jazz trio, and they did all covers of Beatles songs, which everyone thought was great. I am so happy with this band, and cannot recommend them enough.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Lisa B

I cannot recommend Luxe enough! If you are looking for a band in NY - or near New York - look no further! We had Luxe perform at our 165 person wedding at the Foundry in August 2017 and they were beyond amazing. We worked with Hank Lane to find a band for our wedding, knowing we... Read More wanted live music. Harlan at Hank Lane pointed us to Luxe and we couldn't be happier he did. Luxe was so easy to work with. They have an extensive repertoire of songs, were willing to learn any new songs if we needed, worked with us to make the flow of the evening cohesive - they were just all around amazing. We worked with the band leader Frank in the run up to the event and he is an awesome person, MC and performer. He knows how weddings work and was accommodating of all requests we had but also incredibly insightful on timing and scheduling. And that was just before the wedding. Luxe's talent blew us - and every single one of our guests - away. We used a portion of the band for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner music and then dancing. They executed each part perfectly. The raw talent of each member is, simply put, insane. And their performance together is infectious. Luxe, while being a big band with a lot of talent, at no point became a show as large wedding bands can sometimes become. Their focus was good music that got the guests engaged, excited and dancing. I hope we have another excuse to work with Luxe, or at least see them at someone else's event sometime soon!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Lisa S

Nick Campbell Band keep the dance floor packed from beginning to end!! What a delight to have such amazing performers at our wedding. The band was one of the most important decisions for us and we are so happy that we went with Hank Lane. Russ and the rest of the team were a... Read More joy to work with and we could not have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Kimberly L

I love Carlos and the Estrella Band! One of the best choices we made for our wedding. A lot of my guests were in the music business and they could not stop complimenting us on our band choice. There was even a point in the night when Carlos called my husband and I on the stage... Read More to sing with him. Not only did I get to marry the man of my dreams that night, but I also got to channel my childhood pop star dreams. He played music for all ages and was definitely a huge hit with my family and friends!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Chelsey C

We had not heard of Brooklyn Sound prior to booking but knew that we were in good hands with any Hank Lane Band. After attending countless weddings, we came in with high expectations for the band and a very specific idea of what music we like. Jonny Hirsch (band leader) was... Read More great to work with, he took the time to get to know us and understand the music that we wanted. We trusted his expertise and knew he would read the crowd and give us the awesome party that we were looking for. We could not have dreamed up a better set list, one great song after the next and our dance floor was packed the whole night which was exactly what we wanted. From the ceremony music through the party, Brooklyn sound went above and beyond. Our friends and family continue to rave about our band a month after our wedding!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Sam G

PETE SAUNDERS BAND IS A DREAM! Where do I begin? I'll start by saying this: HIRE PETE SAUNDERS BAND AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. From the very beginning of the planning process to the last minute of our wedding, this experience was A+. It's undeniable Hank Lane holds the... Read More very best wedding bands on the East Coast, and I cannot say enough amazing things about our experience with Pete Saunders and the crew. My husband and I have very eclectic music taste - we love everything from hip-hop and EDM to Top 40 and rock 'n' roll. The band was so incredibly dynamic and played to the crowd based on how the evening flowed; from our entrance dance to 'In Paris' by Kanye West, to our first dance 'I Will Wait' by Mumford and Sons to Ray LaMontagne's 'You Are the Best Thing,' Pete and the band did NOT disappoint. All of our guests raved about their talents, diversified music choice and overall performance. They have an amazing stage presence and contagious energy that is bound to make any dance part truly EPIC. As the band leader and head composer to all Hank Lane bands, Pete was an amazing partner throughout the planning process. From reviewing our timelines to connecting live and via phone leading up to the big day, Pete proved to be an amazing soundboard (pun intended) as we experimented with the flow of the evening. Pete assured us the night was customizable to whatever we wanted, and that was an interactive dance party where guests were on their feet for the majority of the night...and we got that 10x over. I cannot say enough amazing things about this band and our overall Hank Lane experience. It was worth every penny, and now friends from near and far, are inquiring about this band. If you need to do one thing right during your planning process, booking this band is it!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Dayna C

We chose brooklyn sound as our wedding band and we honestly can not say enough nice things about them. Jonny was incredible to work with prior to the wedding making sure everyone was on the same page. The bands performance at the wedding was off the charts. I am still getting... Read More compliments to this day about how great they were!! The dance floor was packed the entire night :)

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Nikki M

The Mike Herman band is unbelievable! They never stopped playing and the dance floor was never empty. The only complaint we had from guests was that they were sweating from dancing too much! Mike and the Hank Lane staff were so easy to work with. They are true professionals and... Read More entertainers. The band is based out of New York but they traveled to Old Lyme, CT for our wedding.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Kerry H

We booked Frank Simmons Band for our wedding on 8/5. They were absolutely incredible. Frank and team were so easy to work with and put on one h*ll of a show. We wanted a band who could play anything from sam cooke to justin timberlake. They literally did it all and... Read More everything in between. The groom's father was in a wedding band, so it was a huge priority for us. He played the keyboard and sang with the band for the mother/son dance and there wasn't a dry eye in the room. Later in the night, they let the groom hop on the drums and play 2 songs with them (cee-lo and at the groom's request, phish). All of the guests were huddled around the band, dancing, taking pictures and going nuts. We wouldn't have changed a single thing about the music at the wedding and we really appreciate them giving the night of our lives. Thank you Frank and Hank Lane!!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Mike W

We were lucky enough to have the Marcus Reid Band perform for our wedding. One of the main things we wanted for our event was that our guests were on the dance floor having a great time the entire evening. Marcus and his band ensured that this happened playing hit after hit with... Read More such incredible energy and enthusiasm. I cannot recommend this band enough, and hope that they're performing at one of the future weddings my wife and I attend.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Adam S

We used Hank Lane for our wedding, specifically the JEFF LUBIN Band. They were amazing and exceeded all of our expectations, by a lot. We had set a fairly eclectic playlist - Michael Jackson and Motown hits to 80's dance music, 90's rap, current top 40 hits, Billy Joel, Bruce... Read More Springsteen, and more. Everyone was on the dance floor all night, and they kept the party going. It was so great, it's almost hard to describe in words. They are all fantastic musicians and singers. If you book this band and you want an eclectic set list that spans many different eras of music, then this is your band. The music they re-create is very close to the originals and how it actually sounds.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Mia G

We just had the Nick Campbell band at our wedding in New Jersey and they were, with out question, absolutely incredible. We have heard multiple times that it is a band that makes the reception, and they made our reception unforgettable. Everyone, including my husband and I,... Read More can't stop talking about them. Not only are they incredibly talented from a musical standpoint, but they are also incredible from an entertainment perspective. They played songs to go with the atmosphere of the party and made sure everyone was having a great time. Jared would come out onto the dance floor and make everyone feel involved and part of the night. I can't wait to go to someone else's wedding that hires them, because I know it will be such a great time. This comment doesn't even do them justice. I cannot recommend them anymore if I tried and I hope someone else has the opportunity to enjoy the Nick Campbell band the way we did. Thanks for making our wedding so special!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Molly Z

Frank Simmons Band absolutely killed it at my wedding! The energy level of both the band and the crowd was at a high all night. When we met with them my husband gave a list of songs he wanted them to play and they did a great job of playing a bunch that he wanted but also went... Read More off the list and put in some amazing additions that the crowd went wild for. At one point in the night my husband borrowed one of the guys electric guitars and his friend got on drums and they performed and the band played back up! It was amazing. I've seen Frank Simmons Band before at another wedding and that couple wanted a totally different type of music than we did and Frank Simmons delivered for them too. Shows just how musically diverse they are and they are hands down the best choice of band for any wedding, no matter what kind of music you like!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Jessie G

Artie Stuart and his band were AMAZING!! I immediately chose him when viewing a few bands for my wedding at the Hank Lane office-even that was a fun experience!! I worked with Jenna Wynne to chose the band. She was so helpful and responsive and made the process so easy! My... Read More husband and I filled out an online playlist and then spent about an hour on the phone with Artie going over the songs. We knew then that we were in good hands! Artie played the guitar during our ceremony and then we had a keyboard during the cocktail hour. The band did not stop playing for a second during the reception. They were so talented and versatile. We all danced all night- just what I was hoping for!! My guests still talk about the dance floor and how amazing the band was. I highly recommend The Artie Stuart Band. No one at your event will be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Matt B

We saw Marcus Reid perform at a friend's wedding last year, and thought they were amazing. Keep in mind we're in full wedding mode and see A LOT of bands perform. We decided to hire them for our wedding, and couldn't have been happier with our decision (I'll be honest, their... Read More Hank Lane demo video didn't do them justice, but we knew they were great since we had seen them in action). They absolutely CRUSHED it, no one can stop talking about how awesome they were. Dance floor was raging the entire night. Couldn't recommend a band more!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Brittany R

Jenna Wynne band!!! Wow. I never imagined a band to be so full of energy and talent. Song after song Jenna had everyone up and dancing the whole night! They played everything me and my fiancé asked for and more. Even our first dance song sounded like the original!! If you are... Read More looking for a young, lively band I highly recommend Jenna and her band. Thank you to hank lane and the band to making all my wedding dreams come true!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Jaclyn S

The Russ Bennett Band made our wedding day absolutely spectacular! Our guests could not stop talking about how amazing the band was during the reception and have not stopped talking about it since the wedding! A number of guests told us that they felt like they were at a... Read More concert! Russ makes each bride and groom feel so special from our first meeting to our first dance! We had a few special requests and announcements for Russ to make and he inserted these moments perfectly into the reception. He made the night flow flawlessly! It was important to us to have a mix of all different types of music and the Russ Bennett band really showed off their range playing everything from the Beatles and Bruce Springsteen to Bruno Mars and Pitbull. Song after song was perfection and kept our crowd on the dance floor the entire night, even chanting “one more song” after the last song of the night! We cannot thank the Russ Bennett Band enough for making our wedding night the best party of our lives!