Classical, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

65 West 55th Street, New York, NY (212) 767-0600

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Ally W

We had The Billy Stone Band perform at our wedding in October, and would strongly recommend them for anyone looking to have their guests on the dance floor all night. We had seen The Billy Stone Band perform at a friend's wedding in 2015, and they made such a strong impact that... Read More we knew we had to have them at our own wedding. Hank Lane was a pleasure to work with, answering any of our questions along the way. We were also able to have an impact on the set list for the ceremony, dinner, and dancing portions, so everything was custom to our tastes and the atmosphere we wanted during each portion of the night. The band was energetic and able to read the crowd to keep our guests dancing the entire reception. Everyone had a blast!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Sarah H

We had Jenna Wynne perform at our wedding in October 2017. I've had people coming up to me ever since saying that was the best wedding band they have EVER heard. She is highly recommended, and even played "ONE MORE SONG" per our guests requests. SUCH an amazing band. My only... Read More negative is about Hank Lane, not the Jenna Wynne band specifically. I would just be wary that they are pretty inflexible with timing (it costs a ridiculous amount to extend for even a half an hour past 4 hours) and inflexible with costs as well. They are a large production, so understand, but flexibility was my only issue.

2017-11-14T15:21:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the wonderful review of the Jenna Wynne Band. We always appreciate the feedback. With regard to the timing, a four hour booking for a band has been the NY metro area's well established standard for many years. It typically mirrors most catering contracts... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Jessica S

We had Liberty Sound perform at our wedding and they were incredible!! We came to Hank Lane looking for a young band that was fun and energetic. We wanted it to feel like our guests were attending a concert and that's exactly what Liberty Sound provided. The dance floor was... Read More PACKED the entire night (I for one never stopped dancing). Their set list was perfect and they knew exactly how to read the crowd. They even played *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys songs that I loved and had requested ahead of time! The singers got the whole crowd so excited by dancing with us and giving us the microphones to sing along. At the end of the night, people were coming up to shake their hands. You can't go wrong with any Hank Lane Band but Liberty Sound is really top notch! And as a testament to one of the many reasons to go with Hank Lane, one of the band members was sick and couldn't attend the wedding - Hank Lane immediately found an amazing replacement without stressing me out by telling me. That's the comfort you get with an agency like Hank Lane. You never have to worry that you won't have a full band. Thank you guys for everything!!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Caragh F

Our wedding reception was incredible thanks to Brooklyn Sound! Our guests couldn't stop dancing which is exactly what we hoped for. Jonny and the entire band sounded amazing and weeks later people are still reaching out to us raving about the band and how great they sounded.... Read More Jonny was a pleasure to work with and made our night flow smoothly. You and your guests are guaranteed to have an amazing time if you book Brooklyn Sound.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Stefanie O

We originally planned on going with a live band. A friend of mine mentioned Hank Lane and they have different types of bands for different budgets. We made an appointment with Josh Greyson (Boorum) in their NYC office. Such a great guy and we immediately hit it off. He showed us... Read More some great bands and we discussed options for both live bands and DJ. The bands were a bit out of our price range so Josh suggested to go with a DJ and maybe have live music at the cocktail hour. We had several conversations with Josh and he was super patient. We were so impressed with Josh that we asked if he would DJ our wedding (which he did) and when we found out he played the guitar (which I was a huge fan of) we had to have Josh be the entertainer for our entire wedding. BEST DECISION EVER!!! We gave Josh suggestions of musicians and types of music and he ran with it. Our dance floor was NEVER empty and my husband and I danced the night away. We could not have asked for a better entertainer and DJ to make our wedding day perfect! Thank you DJ Josh - you are AWESOME!!!! Darry & Stefanie Ramey 11/3/2017

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Christina C

We had Brooklyn Sound perform at our wedding 9/2/2017. They were absolutely amazing! My fiance and I knew from the time we met the lead singer, Jonny, that we were going to have a great time! We met at the Hank Lane offices and he listened to everything that we suggested and... Read More also made suggestions as to what he thought would be best. We literally danced the whole entire night. I keep getting calls from guests asking about Brooklyn Sound, and saying that they have never heard such a great band at a wedding before. There was always someone performing throughout the night and the band was engaged with the guests on the dance floor. Overall, it was an incredible experience and we are SO HAPPY that we chose them!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kimberly K

The Russ Bennet band is AMAZING!!!! We met Russ at our first meeting at Hank Lane and were totally sold after seeing a few of his bands performances from other weddings. He seemed to know exactly what we were looking for and what our style was. We never worried leading up to our... Read More wedding day about anything with the band. Every song they played was perfect for what we wanted and they had everyone up on the dance floor all night. All of our family and friends could not get over how fantastic they were and everyone asked us if they perform anywhere that isn't a wedding so they could go and see them again! We would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a phenomenal wedding band!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Danielle O

AMAZING!!!!! We had the Jeff Lubin band and they did a beyond perfect job. Jeff took care of every detail on our wedding night and it went off without a hitch. The band sounded even better than expected (they honestly sounded exactly like the artists who sing the songs). They... Read More made the night! Highly recommend them!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Sam E

We hired LUXE for our wedding on 10/22/17 and they were more incredible than we could have ever imagined! Frank and team were so nice and played with an amazing, infectious energy, not to mention supremely talented! The even went above and beyond to help me plan a special... Read More surprise for the big day. There are no words to express how amazing they were so I’ll just say this: book LUXE now and you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Tara G

Marcus Reid Band was PHENOMENAL! There really is no way around it - the music makes the wedding, and Marcus made our wedding a party! When people ask me what my favorite part of my wedding was, I can without a doubt say - dancing to Marcus Reid Band! You know it's good when all... Read More of the bride and groom's friends and the parents' friends are all raving (and were all on the dance floor together). This is a rare example of truly being able to please everyone!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Stephanie R

Luxe Band was absolutely amazing. Everyone was dancing the entire wedding and no one wanted the music to end. We got SO many compliments on the band and everyone was saying it was the best band they've ever heard! Frank the band leader is so great and makes the process easy. He... Read More meets with you beforehand to go over songs/genres, follows up a few weeks before for a call to go over your timeline, and ensures he pronounces everyones name right for introductions. The entire process was great - highly recommend Luxe!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Alison H

We used the Frank Michaels band, and I won't lie... I was a little hesitant that there was no actual interaction with the band other than when they showed up at our wedding. I mean, Hank Lane made everything easy with their web forms and helpful staff, but I was still a little... Read More nervous. Any nerves I had were completely washed away. Frank Michaels and his band were not just good.. they were PHENOMENAL. Constant music. They really read the crowd, and there was not a time that the dance floor wasn't packed. At the end of the night, our guests were rushing the singers to compliment them more. The band was everything we wanted and more! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Melissa D

We had the Marcus Reid Band play our wedding on 9/2/17 and all I can say is WOW, I do not even have words to describe how absolutely PHENOMENAL they were!!! They were the BEST part about our wedding and made it even better than my husband and I ever could have imaged. Marcus the... Read More band leader, his amazing backup singers and band members are all so incredibly talented and professional. They truly put on a show that will blow you away. The entire band is super energetic and really knows how to engage the crowd. They make sure every single person is having a great time. You can tell they love what they do and their energy and excitement is contagious. All my guests were having so much fun because of how amazing and interactive the band was. Every song they play, from top 40's to classics like Frank Sinatra, are so incredibly well done. They bring so much energy and enthusiasm to every song and keep it going the entire night. My guests still have not stopped raving about how amazing the band was and everyone from my friends to my oldest relatives were on the dance floor having a great time. So many of my guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to and I know it was because everyone loved the band and had so much fun dancing the entire night. They truly played the best selection of songs to please all our guests. Marcus, the band leader, is fantastic to work with. He strives to get to know the personality of the couple and understand what they are looking for. He also did an amazing job with the Mother-Son dance, doing his own acoustic version of "Forever Young" that was just so beautiful and unique. His backup singers did an equally beautiful duet for my Father - Daughter Dance. Their closing set was absolutely epic and I honestly cannot imagine a better band out there. They are truly spectacular!!! I HIGHLY recommend the Marcus Reid Band, it is the best decision I made for my wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 neil h

Steve delisi band was phenomenal! steve had a great voice and his male and female vocalists killed it. Our whole crowd told us the band was perfect! so happy we used hank lane!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Danielle M

Carlos and Estrella band were AMAZING! Carlos took the time to meet with us in person months before the wedding and go over the exact feel we wanted for the wedding. We really didnt know what we were doing and took most of his suggestions which were amazing!!!! They truly made... Read More our wedding night unforgettable. The ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music were all just perfect. Couldnt ask for a better band!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Barbara D

Stephanie Eatz made the entire process smooth and easy from start to finish. The Billy Stone Band had an amazing performance and our guests could not stop giving compliments. They played all the songs we requested and kept us dancing the entire evening. Thank you again for... Read More pulling all the Spanish songs we requested that was greatly appreciated it. We highly recommend the Billy Stone Band! Barb and Brian 8/25/17

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Tracey K

Dane Wright Band - you made the evening!! If you are looking for a band, look no further. You spend so much on the wedding - both time and money. Let Dane Wright and his band take it home for you! They were INCREDIBLE. People would NOT leave the dance floor! We splurged on them,... Read More they were higher than we wanted to spend, and my husband and I said we would have paid more! There's no comparison.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Dana K

We had LUXE at our wedding on 9/29/17 and they were the most INCREDIBLE band I have ever seen, they hands down made our entire wedding!!! They are so incredibly talented, they had four vocalists who blew everyone away. The entire week after our wedding guests were calling and... Read More texting us saying how amazing the band was. We asked them to play mostly top 40 and throw some classic rock in there in order to engage the whole crowd and WOW what a show they put on. They had EVERYONE on the dance floor old and young, even my grandma was raving about them!! They played all the top hits and did not stop at all, they just played hit after hit and had everyone on the dance floor the ENTIRE night. They truly knew how to engage the crowd and even came out on to the dance floor and danced with everyone. They are a young band with so much energy and really know how to have fun, all of our friends were OBSESSED with them! They really made sure everyone was having a good time! Frank the band leader was in contact with us before the wedding and did an incredible job listening to us and what we wanted played. They also did an AMAZING job learning and performing our first dance song, father daughter dance song, and mother son dance song. They learned all those songs for us and honestly played them better than the actual songs. LUXE can play anything you want whether you are looking for top 40 or Sinatra they can do it all. I HIGHLY recommend LUXE for any wedding or event, you will be guaranteed to have one of the most fun weddings!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Melissa L

We had the Dane Wright Band play at our wedding and they were the best wedding decision we made! A friend recommended the Hank Lane Agency and we are so happy we used them. We worked with Allie Meotti and she was super easy to work with and very responsive. The entire process... Read More was simple and the online portal was terrific. To say the Dane Wright Band exceeded our expectations would be a gross understatement. The band was all anyone could talk about after the wedding, the following morning, and still days later we are receiving texts and emails about how amazing they were, and how they were hands down the best wedding band anyone has ever heard. Dane is seriously the nicest guy and we FaceTimed with him a couple weeks before our wedding and he completely got our taste in music. He arrived hours before to make sure everything was set up perfectly. They played almost every song we put on our playlist and then some! They did an excellent job of reading the crowd and our guest were pretty much on the dance floor the entire night. It was like going to the most amazing concert! My husband and I still cannot believe that was our wedding and that’s all thanks to Dane and his band. I am not sure we will ever go to a better wedding unless the Dane Wright Band is playing. They were worth every penny and then some. We cannot recommend them enough and are forever grateful that they made our wedding so special.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Alyssa E

Carlos Estrella and his band were beyond amazing. Music was one of the most important things to my husband and I as we had a really high energy and love to dance crowd. We knew the dance floor would be packed all night long so we had to make sure that we had a band that would... Read More accommodate this. We met with Spencer who showed us different bands according to what was important for us. Spencer was helpful, practical and accommodating during the entire process. Before we signed the contract, my husband and I had a conference call with Carlos to let him know our expectations for the day. Carlos assured us we were in good hands, and we ended up being in great hands. After the initial phone call with Carlos, we not only trusted Carlos, but had no worries that they would be amazing. We met with Carlos prior to the wedding to go over all the day of details. We had asked him to learn two songs (one being our first dance) which he did, and not only did they learn the songs they absolutely KILLED it. We are still receiving calls that Carlos Estrella band was the best wedding band they have ever heard. Their energy and musical repertoire did not disappoint. I would highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Jessica W

Wow. The Frank Simmons Band. My husband and I just got married last night, and we are still almost at a loss for words about how incredible they were. Our friends and family were coming up to us all last night and this morning absolutely raving about how amazing the Frank... Read More Simmons Band was. From the moment we first met with Frank, we told him that we wanted our wedding to be an epic party, and we wanted all of our guests out of their seats and on the dance floor all night. And they delivered! They were absolutely incredible. They hit the songs we we requested (which considering the varying genres was pretty incredible (Kelly Clarkson, Bruno Mars, ACDC, Frank Sinatra, Zac Brown Band, etc), and then read the crowd all night. They could belt out Top 40s, country, 70s/motown, 90s pop, etc, and knew exactly what to play next to keep the night going. And they interacted with the crowd perfectly, which is something that we wanted them to do. They keep the music going without any full break, from start to finish. We used their keyboardist for our ceremony and cocktail hour and he was incredible. Without the Frank Simmons Band and Hank Lane, the party would never have been as amazing as it was. Trust us, you will have no regrets if you book them!! Thank you Frank and the rest of the band for an INCREDIBLE NIGHT!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Kathleen F

We hired Erik Marshall's band through Hank Lane Music. We love to dance and it was really important to us to have a band who would inspire everyone to get out on the dance floor. Erik and his band delivered on this beyond our wildest expectations. They are the best cover... Read More band I have ever heard, anywhere. I felt like we were at a private concert--everyone in the band was so talented, and great entertainers who are truly excellent at pumping up a crowd. Most importantly--Erik has a ridiculous talent for reading the crowd and figuring out what songs to play. Spotify would surely pay millions for an algorithm half as good his abilities, but a computer could never truly replicate what he and his band can do. We gave him an overview of our musical preferences, and some "make sure to play/definitely don't play" guidance on some specific songs. By the time they had finished the first set, the band had locked onto the crowd's taste perfectly. Everyone had such a great time dancing. The only issue was major exhaustion the next day! Hank Lane was great to work with while picking a band and figuring out logistics--especially Stephanie who diligently chased us down and made sure all of the last minute details were finalized in the week leading up to the wedding.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Emily S

The Jenna Wynne band was the best!! If you are looking for an incredible band with amazingly talented musicians and an entirely hassle free experience look no further! Jenna was so easy to deal with and played the exact songs we were hoping for. Our families and guests were... Read More blown away and everyone thought our first dance song was a recording! Jenna was great to deal with beforehand and is an amazing performer. All the musicians were so talented and kept our guests dancing till the very end!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Sarah R

We first saw Michael Hart and his band perform at my cousin's wedding and knew we absolutely had to have them at ours! Michael has an amazing energy and is a consummate professional, we could not have been happier. Our guests are still raving about the excellent music a month... Read More after our wedding! Even with some obscure songs during our ceremony and reception they delivered an amazing performance. You simply can't go wrong with a Hank Lane band!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Katie G

Carlos Estrella Band played at my daughter's wedding this August, 2017. They were one of the best things about the wedding. They are so good and they can play any genre of music from Latin to 50s through today's top music. They were amazing and Carlos, the bandleader, is such... Read More a gracious, professional and nice person to work with. I absolutely would recommend them for ANY event. My guests could not stop coming up to me to ask me about the Band and how great they were. I can't wait for the opportunity to be able to work with them again. Mother of the Bride, Katie