Happy Trails Catering

Garden, Park

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

207 South Fair Oaks Avenue, Pasadena, CA (626) 796-9526

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Stacy H

My fiance and I just looked at Happy Trails over the weekend and we went back 3 times in 1 day because we liked it so much. It is a beautiful "secret garden" that you would never know was there. They maximize all of the space they have in a beautiful way. However, in the end... Read More we decided it was just too small for us. I think they advertise up to 200 guests, but I'm not sure how. We are looking at a wedding for 150-175 people and luckily there was a wedding that day for 170, so we got to see what it would be like for us. It is definitely do-able, but it would be TIGHT! In the end it was just too small for our numbers, but if you're having a smaller wedding (I would say 125 or less) definitely check this place out. It was beautiful and included almost everything in the very reasonable price.

Happy Trails To You. . .

Reviewed on 7/22/2014

Don't let the name fool you. Happy Trails is nothing to do with cowboys or horses. It is, however, everything to do with creating magical, sparkling, last-for-a-lifetime wedding memories. And it all begins with the Proprietress Katherine. Beyond her obvious experience and... Read More skill as a caterer and event manager Katherine was, during nearly a year of wedding planning, a kind of anchor for me—answering questions, clarifying possibilities, offering suggestions, when asked—and bringing an invaluable sense of calm, patience, and reassurance to what can at times be a very harrowing, if joyful, process. Add to this the simple, natural beauty of the garden itself—flowering walkways, stretches of lush lawn bordered with softly-lit lanterns, underneath the shade of a gorgeous Eucalyptus tree, sparkling with hundreds of miniature lights; delicious and beautifully prepared menu options (NOT your typical blah wedding food); and an excellent wait staff—add all this in and you have what we found at Happy Trails—a perfect intimate—even magical—venue for your outdoor wedding or other special occasion. Run—don't walk—to explore Happy Trails for yourself!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/06/2013 Meaghan T

We got married at Happy Trials on August 24th and from beginning to end, Happy Trails was the perfect location for us. Kathy Black is the owner/ caterer and she is fantastic, friendly, warm and easy to work with. She knows her venue inside and out so she has clear direction... Read More on how to do things, however she is totally open to doing something different as well which is what we did. Food: The food was so delicious and plentiful. My guests loved all of it and I did too! I'm a picky eater and she helped personalize the menu for me. The decor: The place is so beautiful and pre-strung with lights so we really didn't have to do any decorating/ flowers which saved us a ton of money. Everyone is still talking about how amazing and beautiful the tree was. Overall, it was a perfect venue for our outdoor, 75 person, intimate and romantic wedding. We loved it!

a great place

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 sofia s

we had a very casual wedding on one of the hottest days of the summer. it was so easy working with kathy. her experience was truly appreciated and noted. she made everything easy and simple and definitely had great ideas that helped us make the day great for our guests.

beautiful!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2011 Caroline P

Happy Trails garden was absolutely beautiful!! With the sun setting through the huge tree, our pictures (even from our friends' simple point and shoot cameras) turned out amazing! We loved how intimate and unique the venue was. You almost felt like to you were taken into a... Read More secret garden! In addition, Kathy was so great to work with! As a bride who likes to "dot all her i's," Kathy was helpful and patient with me throughout the entire wedding process. She was very easy to communicate with whether in person or through email. Last but not least, the food! Oh the food was soo good. My husband and I made a point that evening to enjoy our dinner! Our guests were especially raving about the crab cakes and the artichoke parmesan turnovers. yum!