Harris Academy • Piano, Strings, Guitar, Voice, Brass

Lincoln, NE

Professional Musicians for Your Wedding Day

Our musicians create an aspired atmosphere for your wedding with professional image & attire, organization, and talented performances. We assist you with details & music selection to ensure a stress-free & enjoyable experience. Strings, Piano, Guitar, Voice, Woodwinds & Brass.

Instruments

Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Folk, Jazz, Pop, R&B, World Music

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

2935 Pine Lake Road, Lincoln, NE (402) 423-7121

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Grace M

Harris Academy is wonderful! I was planning my wedding from more than 1,000 miles away, and finding musicians was one thing that was stressing me out. Of course I realized all the stressing was unnecessary once I got in touch with Harris Academy. Vicki and Sydney were so... Read More gracious and professional, and put me at ease instantly. We had a pianist and a violinist at our ceremony, and the music was perfect. The music was the touch that made the ceremony more lovely than I ever imagined. For the rest of the night, so many of our guests commented on how beautiful the music was.

2017-01-11T14:41:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We loved working with you as well -- thank you for having us!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Kara J

I found Harris Academy less than six months before my wedding in a small town in Nebraska. Their music samples on their website sounded too good to be true, but I pulled the trigger and hired them. Sydney, our point of contact, was very nice and it was easy to communicate with... Read More her utilizing my preferred method of wedding planning (email!). I hired two violinists who played during my wedding ceremony. I could not even believe my ears when I was standing in my bridal suite. It was just as I had heard on the music samples. It was not too good to be true! I would recommend Harris Academy to any of my closest friends or family. Thank you Harris Academy for making my wedding ceremony so memorable.

2017-06-08T14:02:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your wonderful review -- it was wonderful working with you as well.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Dawn A

Harris Academy of the Arts were amazing to work with. Very quick on communication and follow up. We hired a string quartet to play before, during and after the wedding ceremony. The music was absolutely beautiful.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Michaela W

I had a piano/violin duet for my ceremony, and a string quartet for the dinner hour of my reception. The music was phenomenal and beautiful and everything I imagined it would be! The musicians were accommodating to specific pieces - my fiance (now husband) composed our... Read More processional and recessional, and they gladly learned the new pieces for the ceremony. Sydney is a breeze to work with and helps out every step of the way all the way up to the big day! I'm still getting compliments on the music. You can't go wrong hiring musicians from Harris Academy of the Arts - they will only enhance your special day! Thank you!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 April V

Harris Academy did a wonderful job for our wedding :) We received many compliments from our guests that they enjoyed our music. We had a cello and piano player at the church and they did a great job with the songs that we requested. So happy with our choice!

2017-06-08T14:01:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review -- we appreciate it!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Logan K

Harris Academy is fantastic to work with. We had a piano and violin duet for cocktail hour at our reception. We asked for contemporary music and they delivered very well. I only wish I would have placed them in an area more visible such as close to our cake table. Then you not... Read More only hear them, but can see them as well, which makes is an elegant and magical experience. The sound system is definitely a good investment when booking. Very happy with our experience.

2017-01-11T14:41:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for reviewing -- we appreciate it!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Ashley K

We loved our violin duet! The were very professional and had a huge repertoire. Thank you Harris Academy!

2017-01-11T14:42:02 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review, and thank you once again for letting us be a part of your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Christian C

The music was so much better than what I could have imagined. We got the trio of voice, violin and piano and it was amazing. There set up was great. There playing of the music we chose was splendid. Our first dance was amazing with live music. We got many compliments on the... Read More music we chose and the musicians. If I had to do it over again I would choose Harris every time. I would recommend them to anybody who wants live music at their wedding. Some of the songs we chose they didn't have, but they easily got them and played them beautifully. 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, amazing. Thank you once again Harris for making our special day even more special.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Jael K

I was scrambling last minute to book musicians for my wedding ceremony and HAA took good care of us. Sydney got us quotes for a different number of musicians and we ended up hiring a pianist & cellist. She was so informative, detailed, patient, and professional. I'm not the... Read More easiest person to work with and she made our process so smooth & kept right on top of things. The musicians were the best! They were flexible when it came to rehearsing with my singers, dressed up in suits, & played beautifully! It was like having our own personal concert at our wedding. If you want live music for an event, I highly recommend HAA.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Mary K

The Harris Academy was such a great addition to our wedding. They were extremely professional, and their music was beautiful! It really did make our ceremony so special. They are talented and we would use them again in a heartbeat, there pricing was extremely affordable. They... Read More played our special request songs flawlessly. We cannot recommend anyone higher!!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Holly B

Dan our acoustic guitarist was impeccable! We had such a precise image in our head of the vibe we wanted for our ceremony and he hit it out of the park. Not only did they travel to omaha for us but was on time and continued playing even after the guests had left while we did... Read More pictures after. He truly went above and beyond the call. Thank you so much for such an incredible experience! We would use them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Caitlin L

After hearing about Harris at a wedding show I attended and later finding out they were located right down the street from our apartment, we decided to give them a shot and we sure are glad we did! Sydney made us feel at ease and was very knowledgeable as we went over music... Read More selections. We had a cellist and pianist who performed beautifully on our big day. Very professional. We saved money by not having them at rehearsal and while I was admittedly nervous about that, I now know I didn't need to be. Our guests raved about the ceremony music and we were just as pleased!

2016-09-16T15:18:29 Response from the vendor

You are so kind! I'm glad I was able to help you guys out in whatever way I could in the planning of your wedding. Thank you so much for including us, and congratulations! -- Sydney

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Amber V

We had our ceremony music and cocktail our music through Harris Academy. The musicians were amazing and they helped make our day so special. I was concerned about not meeting/rehearsing or hearing the music prior to the wedding but they were very professional and everything went... Read More perfectly! I highly recommend them!

2016-09-16T15:16:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for giving us such a great review! We were so glad for the opportunity of working with you -- congratulations on your marriage and best wishes for the future! -- Sydney

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Casey F

From day 1, they were so easy to work with! My mother is REALLY into music and wanted something special for our wedding. She found Harris Academy and suggested them to me. I loved that I could listen to some of the music online before making a decision. Sydney worked with me to... Read More pick out the songs that best fit my groom and me. We loved having them at our wedding! The guests loved them too. We chose "newer" songs that fit our personality but the fact that it was a piano and strings playing our songs made them sound so elegant! Thanks for everything!

2016-09-16T15:15:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review! I agree -- there is something about piano and strings that makes every song sound lovely. Congratulations once again on your marriage! -- Sydney

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Marnee R

Absolutely beautiful people all around. I worked with Sydney and booked them early on in our planning and couldn't have been luckier to pick the best of the best. Everyone at Harris was unbelievably kind and easy to work with. I called her the week before the wedding a bit... Read More nervous as I had put the wrong song for one of my requests, and she had already figured out what I meant and reassured me. I cannot give a better review for such lovely people. If you're thinking about live musicians, this is the best place.

2016-07-15T17:35:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review! I enjoyed working with you as well, and hope that you and your husband have a long and happy marriage.

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Anna M

Harris Academy is FANTASTIC! From the moment we met them, we knew we wanted them to provide music at our wedding ceremony. Vicki and Sydney were friendly, professional and extremely knowledgeable. The music for our ceremony was beautiful and since then, some of our guests who... Read More are getting married have asked us who provided our music. We highly recommend Harris Academy!

2016-06-10T16:38:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review! We've enjoyed working with you over the past few months, and hope to see you again soon. -- Sydney

Reviewed on 5/29/2016 Danielle H

I absolutely loved having the Harris Academy of the Arts playing at my outdoor wedding! It was one of my favorite parts of my wedding having live music and I was so excited to have them. The ladies were wonderful to work with and very helpful! They were able to provide me... Read More with all the music I wanted and gave me great music options when I needed ideas. I would recommend them to anyone who wanted live music!

2016-06-10T16:41:58 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for leaving us such a lovely review! We were honored to be a part of your wedding, and hope that we see you around. -- Sydney

Great service

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

We had them play at our reception venue during the cocktail hour as the guests arrive while the bridal party went out in the limo and took pictures and such before arriving at the reception venue. I heard of only positive feedback from the guests as we weren't able to enjoy the... Read More experience ourselves.

2015-09-15T13:41:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. Glad to hear you enjoyed the music. Thanks for including us in your special day - we were honored. Best, Harris Academy of the Arts

A Wedding Must!

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Katelin D

My husband and I are both huge classical music fans, and while piano is usually our preferred instrument we decided to go with a string quartet for our outdoor ceremony (piano really wasn't an option when it came to having an outdoor ceremony). Harris Academy of Arts' musicians... Read More did not disappoint, and added that extra memorable element to our wedding! Being able to walk down the aisle with the quartet playing in the background made the moment even more special. I would highly encourage anyone interested in having live music at their wedding look into Harris Academy!

Amazing Wedding Musicians

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Courtney R

Harris Academy of the Arts provided beautiful and unique music at my ceremony. I received tons of compliments from guests on the music ! The staff at Harris are professional, very quick to respond to any questions that I had and they went above and beyond to meet with myself and... Read More my husband to plan the perfect music for our day! I would highly recommend them to any brides to be.

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Janelle G

This was the best part of the wedding!! It was so much fun choosing music with them :) The guest enjoyed the wide collection of songs they played. I would recommend them to any of my friends or family!!!

2014-11-01T10:30:53 Response from the vendor

We are so glad you enjoyed your experience. We loved working with you and your family!

Music

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Kristan F

Wedding was August 2014 and they played & sang fantastic!! I highly recommend

Guitar/Piano Duo

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 a k

Was very easy to set-up beforehand. One hiccup we experienced; we had in the contract violin/guitar duo... 2 weeks before the wedding, we were notified that they had "ran out" of guitarists (even though it was in our contract) for our upcoming wedding day. Initially, I was upset... Read More (I really loved the string duo), but I got over it and we opted for a violin/piano duo. They showed up, we're friendly, and played beautifully. Overall, we were very happy with their service.

Ceremony and Cocktail hour live music

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Megan M

I used Harris Academy of the Arts for live music during my ceremony and my cocktail hour. Of all the events the day of my wedding, I received the most compliments on the live music, especially the vocal preformance. Besides the amazing music, Harris Academy was a pleasure to... Read More work with. I personally worked with Kelsey and she made the process so easy. If I did not have an exact answer for her concerning music selection, she provided me with options which made my life much easier. Towards the end of the process she was amazing enough to make some decisions for me based on the information I provided her. I had so much going on the last 4 weeks of planning (as does everyone) that it was so nice to be able to trust they were making the best decisions for my wedding day. I would highly recommend Harris Academy to anyone looking for live music on their wedding day or any other event!

Great to Work With!

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Megan S

The Harris Academy was great to work with. Their event coordinators were very friendly and professional, even though all of our interactions took place over email (which was most convenient for me, since I was planning from out of town). They did everything they could to meet... Read More our requests, and were prompt in getting back to me. We could have saved a lot of money by simply playing a recording, but my husband really wanted a string quartet - and it ended up being worth it. The musicians customized the songs we had chosen so that the excerpts they played were exactly the right length for each part of the ceremony, and they were also glad to play with a couple of my musician friends for one of the pieces of music we selected. Corey, who was the Harris cello player, came to the rehearsal to practice with them, and even took over the responsibility of making sure the sound equipment was set up how it should be, assuring me that I didn't need to worry about any of it. Admittedly, I was quite nervous in the week leading up to our outdoor ceremony that the weather could prevent the musicians from playing (it rightfully states in their contract that they reserve the right to not play outdoors in certain conditions). But even though our wedding ended up taking place on the hottest day of the summer, the musicians braved the heat and still sounded great. Words cannot express my appreciation for their willingness to play despite the weather conditions, and for their professional and extremely helpful service throughout the planning process and up through our big day. Thank you, Harris Academy!