Harris Academy • Piano, Strings, Guitar, Voice, Brass

Lincoln, NE

Professional Musicians for Your Wedding Day

Our musicians create an aspired atmosphere for your wedding with professional image & attire, organization, and talented performances. We assist you with details & music selection to ensure a stress-free & enjoyable experience. Strings, Piano, Guitar, Voice, Woodwinds & Brass.

Instruments

Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Folk, Jazz, Pop, R&B, World Music

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

2935 Pine Lake Road, Lincoln, NE (402) 423-7121

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Grace M

Harris Academy is wonderful! I was planning my wedding from more than 1,000 miles away, and finding musicians was one thing that was stressing me out. Of course I realized all the stressing was unnecessary once I got in touch with Harris Academy. Vicki and Sydney were so... Read More gracious and professional, and put me at ease instantly. We had a pianist and a violinist at our ceremony, and the music was perfect. The music was the touch that made the ceremony more lovely than I ever imagined. For the rest of the night, so many of our guests commented on how beautiful the music was.

2017-01-11T14:41:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We loved working with you as well -- thank you for having us!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Kara J

I found Harris Academy less than six months before my wedding in a small town in Nebraska. Their music samples on their website sounded too good to be true, but I pulled the trigger and hired them. Sydney, our point of contact, was very nice and it was easy to communicate with... Read More her utilizing my preferred method of wedding planning (email!). I hired two violinists who played during my wedding ceremony. I could not even believe my ears when I was standing in my bridal suite. It was just as I had heard on the music samples. It was not too good to be true! I would recommend Harris Academy to any of my closest friends or family. Thank you Harris Academy for making my wedding ceremony so memorable.

2017-06-08T14:02:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your wonderful review -- it was wonderful working with you as well.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Dawn A

Harris Academy of the Arts were amazing to work with. Very quick on communication and follow up. We hired a string quartet to play before, during and after the wedding ceremony. The music was absolutely beautiful.

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Brittany M

Wonderful music played during our ceremony. Had many compliments on the pianist! Requested a few different songs and they found the music! Thank you, Harris Academy, for making our day feel even more special!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Hannah W

Harris Academy was the perfect addition to our day. We held an outside ceremony and had a violin duo. The duo also played for our cocktail hour. HAA was easy to work with and provided upfront communication. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Jake H

They were great to work with! We had a bit of miscommunication with what instruments could play which songs on their play list but after that it was smooth sailing. Our guests loved the live music at the ceremony.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Ashley O

Harris Academy helped my dream wedding day come true! I used one of their violinists for my ceremony and it was absolutely beautiful! I can't thank them enough! They were easy to work with and would contact me to make sure everything is set in order!

2017-08-15T12:27:26 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind review, and congratulations once again on your marriage!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Lyndsay L

Harris Academy was a pleasure to work with. I found them at a bridal fair, e-mailed shortly after, and was in constant communication with Sydney throughout my planning. She answered all of my questions and provided the opportunity to meet to hear samples. We hired a pianist for... Read More our ceremony music. She came to our rehearsal to practice with a friend of mine that was singing a solo for our unity ceremony. I was more than pleased with how our ceremony music turned out and was so excited to hear all of the songs we picked while I was waiting to walk down the aisle. I would highly recommend musicians from Harris Academy!

2017-07-06T09:09:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review, Lyndsay -- we loved working with you as well!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Michaela S

I had a piano/violin duet for my ceremony, and a string quartet for the dinner hour of my reception. The music was phenomenal and beautiful and everything I imagined it would be! The musicians were accommodating to specific pieces - my fiance (now husband) composed our... Read More processional and recessional, and they gladly learned the new pieces for the ceremony. Sydney is a breeze to work with and helps out every step of the way all the way up to the big day! I'm still getting compliments on the music. You can't go wrong hiring musicians from Harris Academy of the Arts - they will only enhance your special day! Thank you!

2017-07-06T09:08:53 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 April V

Harris Academy did a wonderful job for our wedding :) We received many compliments from our guests that they enjoyed our music. We had a cello and piano player at the church and they did a great job with the songs that we requested. So happy with our choice!

2017-06-08T14:01:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review -- we appreciate it!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Logan H

Harris Academy is fantastic to work with. We had a piano and violin duet for cocktail hour at our reception. We asked for contemporary music and they delivered very well. I only wish I would have placed them in an area more visible such as close to our cake table. Then you not... Read More only hear them, but can see them as well, which makes is an elegant and magical experience. The sound system is definitely a good investment when booking. Very happy with our experience.

2017-01-11T14:41:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for reviewing -- we appreciate it!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Ashley K

We loved our violin duet! The were very professional and had a huge repertoire. Thank you Harris Academy!

2017-01-11T14:42:02 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review, and thank you once again for letting us be a part of your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Christian C

The music was so much better than what I could have imagined. We got the trio of voice, violin and piano and it was amazing. There set up was great. There playing of the music we chose was splendid. Our first dance was amazing with live music. We got many compliments on the... Read More music we chose and the musicians. If I had to do it over again I would choose Harris every time. I would recommend them to anybody who wants live music at their wedding. Some of the songs we chose they didn't have, but they easily got them and played them beautifully. 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, amazing. Thank you once again Harris for making our special day even more special.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Jael K

I was scrambling last minute to book musicians for my wedding ceremony and HAA took good care of us. Sydney got us quotes for a different number of musicians and we ended up hiring a pianist & cellist. She was so informative, detailed, patient, and professional. I'm not the... Read More easiest person to work with and she made our process so smooth & kept right on top of things. The musicians were the best! They were flexible when it came to rehearsing with my singers, dressed up in suits, & played beautifully! It was like having our own personal concert at our wedding. If you want live music for an event, I highly recommend HAA.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Mary K

The Harris Academy was such a great addition to our wedding. They were extremely professional, and their music was beautiful! It really did make our ceremony so special. They are talented and we would use them again in a heartbeat, there pricing was extremely affordable. They... Read More played our special request songs flawlessly. We cannot recommend anyone higher!!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Holly B

Dan our acoustic guitarist was impeccable! We had such a precise image in our head of the vibe we wanted for our ceremony and he hit it out of the park. Not only did they travel to omaha for us but was on time and continued playing even after the guests had left while we did... Read More pictures after. He truly went above and beyond the call. Thank you so much for such an incredible experience! We would use them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Caitlin L

After hearing about Harris at a wedding show I attended and later finding out they were located right down the street from our apartment, we decided to give them a shot and we sure are glad we did! Sydney made us feel at ease and was very knowledgeable as we went over music... Read More selections. We had a cellist and pianist who performed beautifully on our big day. Very professional. We saved money by not having them at rehearsal and while I was admittedly nervous about that, I now know I didn't need to be. Our guests raved about the ceremony music and we were just as pleased!

2016-09-16T15:18:29 Response from the vendor

You are so kind! I'm glad I was able to help you guys out in whatever way I could in the planning of your wedding. Thank you so much for including us, and congratulations! -- Sydney

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Amber V

We had our ceremony music and cocktail our music through Harris Academy. The musicians were amazing and they helped make our day so special. I was concerned about not meeting/rehearsing or hearing the music prior to the wedding but they were very professional and everything went... Read More perfectly! I highly recommend them!

2016-09-16T15:16:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for giving us such a great review! We were so glad for the opportunity of working with you -- congratulations on your marriage and best wishes for the future! -- Sydney

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Casey F

From day 1, they were so easy to work with! My mother is REALLY into music and wanted something special for our wedding. She found Harris Academy and suggested them to me. I loved that I could listen to some of the music online before making a decision. Sydney worked with me to... Read More pick out the songs that best fit my groom and me. We loved having them at our wedding! The guests loved them too. We chose "newer" songs that fit our personality but the fact that it was a piano and strings playing our songs made them sound so elegant! Thanks for everything!

2016-09-16T15:15:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review! I agree -- there is something about piano and strings that makes every song sound lovely. Congratulations once again on your marriage! -- Sydney

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Marnee R

Absolutely beautiful people all around. I worked with Sydney and booked them early on in our planning and couldn't have been luckier to pick the best of the best. Everyone at Harris was unbelievably kind and easy to work with. I called her the week before the wedding a bit... Read More nervous as I had put the wrong song for one of my requests, and she had already figured out what I meant and reassured me. I cannot give a better review for such lovely people. If you're thinking about live musicians, this is the best place.

2016-07-15T17:35:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review! I enjoyed working with you as well, and hope that you and your husband have a long and happy marriage.

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Anna M

Harris Academy is FANTASTIC! From the moment we met them, we knew we wanted them to provide music at our wedding ceremony. Vicki and Sydney were friendly, professional and extremely knowledgeable. The music for our ceremony was beautiful and since then, some of our guests who... Read More are getting married have asked us who provided our music. We highly recommend Harris Academy!

2016-06-10T16:38:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review! We've enjoyed working with you over the past few months, and hope to see you again soon. -- Sydney

Reviewed on 5/29/2016 Danielle H

I absolutely loved having the Harris Academy of the Arts playing at my outdoor wedding! It was one of my favorite parts of my wedding having live music and I was so excited to have them. The ladies were wonderful to work with and very helpful! They were able to provide me... Read More with all the music I wanted and gave me great music options when I needed ideas. I would recommend them to anyone who wanted live music!

2016-06-10T16:41:58 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for leaving us such a lovely review! We were honored to be a part of your wedding, and hope that we see you around. -- Sydney

Great service

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

We had them play at our reception venue during the cocktail hour as the guests arrive while the bridal party went out in the limo and took pictures and such before arriving at the reception venue. I heard of only positive feedback from the guests as we weren't able to enjoy the... Read More experience ourselves.

2015-09-15T13:41:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. Glad to hear you enjoyed the music. Thanks for including us in your special day - we were honored. Best, Harris Academy of the Arts

A Wedding Must!

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Katelin D

My husband and I are both huge classical music fans, and while piano is usually our preferred instrument we decided to go with a string quartet for our outdoor ceremony (piano really wasn't an option when it came to having an outdoor ceremony). Harris Academy of Arts' musicians... Read More did not disappoint, and added that extra memorable element to our wedding! Being able to walk down the aisle with the quartet playing in the background made the moment even more special. I would highly encourage anyone interested in having live music at their wedding look into Harris Academy!

Amazing Wedding Musicians

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Courtney R

Harris Academy of the Arts provided beautiful and unique music at my ceremony. I received tons of compliments from guests on the music ! The staff at Harris are professional, very quick to respond to any questions that I had and they went above and beyond to meet with myself and... Read More my husband to plan the perfect music for our day! I would highly recommend them to any brides to be.