Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms

Elizabethtown, PA

Bookings available for your dream wedding!

Nestled on 250 acres, our climate-controlled barn offers a spacious indoor and outdoor venue to accommodate your special day. From a balcony overlooking the peaceful pond to a grand fireplace and original stonewalls, Harvest View provides the perfect blend of country elegance and convenience. Don't miss your opportunity to celebrate your special day with us! Contact us before February 29th to enquire about our special offer.

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Historic Venue

338 Sunnyburn Road, Elizabethtown, PA (717) 665-7284

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Taylor B

We could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding! The staff was excellent and so helpful throughout the wedding planning process from start to finish. They day of our wedding, it was a very chilly May day with extreme winds and the staff at Harvest View was so flexible... Read More and accommodating as we had to move the ceremony from outdoors to indoors the morning of our wedding. They then took charge and flipped the space from the ceremony setup to the reception setup flawlessly and didn't require anything from our bridal party/family as they handled it all taking stress off our shoulders. Even though we were disappointed the ceremony couldn't be outside like we had anticipated, the barn was a gorgeous space for an indoor ceremony and reception. We couldn't have imagined a better space for an indoor ceremony and reception. We can't say thank you to the staff at Harvest View Barn enough!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Toni L

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Harvest View and their staff. Clearly, the location is absolutely breathtaking, we knew within minutes of visiting that this was the perfect location for us. The outdoor scenery is calm and private and the multiple levels of the barn... Read More are romantic and rustic, but also elegant. Having an actual space for in indoor ceremony in case of rain was very important to us, and the lower level of the barn is a perfect fit for any indoor ceremony. Also having the entire house as a bridal suite for the girls/guys for the day-of was wonderful. We were able to relax and enjoy our day with ample space. It took the stress out and made the entire process wonderful. And Shirley and her staff are absolutely fantastic. They are warm and welcoming and on the ball! Unfortunately, I met a number of folks through the planning process who were unprofessional or unorganized, but you WILL NOT have that issue at Harvest View. They are extremely professional and organized, they have every detail covered and they go above and beyond to make your day special. We had decided to have our ceremony inside due to potential rain, and 45 minutes before the ceremony it was clear skies and no calls for rain, so the staff was able to move everything outside and reset the downstairs for cocktail hour! It could not have made me happier and I could not express how much it meant to me. I highly recommend Harvest View to anyone looking for a romantic and rustic atmosphere, with charm and elegance!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Kailey R

We are incredibly happy with our choice to book the Harvest View Barn for our wedding! The grounds are stunning and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. The farmhouse next to the main barn was perfect for our bridal party to get ready and enjoy the morning with. We had... Read More some rain on our wedding day, so our ceremony was inside the barn. The staff did an amazing job of flipping the room during cocktail hour. We received so many complements from our guest about the venue and the staff. Jes was our day of coordinator, and I don’t think we could have pulled it off without her. She truly went above and beyond to make our day perfect. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful barn wedding!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Judy S

From the moment we walked into this venue, we knew it was the one for my daughter's wedding on New Year's Eve. The outside grounds and vistas of farmland are spectacular, and the inside facilities are gorgeous! The venue itself was the star of the show! Shirley and her team... Read More worked cheerfully and patiently to provide a stress-free atmosphere for us and our guests to enjoy. There is no hesitation in heartily recommending Harvest View Barn to anyone considering this venue -- I cannot say enough about it!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Elena P

Lovely! We wish we could live here--it's secluded and gorgeous. Every picture looked like one out of a magazine. We enjoyed working with Shirley and her family. Our caterer (Rettew's) worked with them before and so Michelle (from Rettew's) was the perfect match in working with... Read More the Hershey family as well as introducing some new ideas we had in mind. This is one of four barns that offers central air (that we researched) in PA. It fit all of our family and friends--our meal was served and we danced the night away with a live Polka/rock band. My only wish is that we could have stayed until 11PM. The 10PM end of the night didn't leave time for a bouquet toss, but most places in PA have this rule due to alcohol laws (depending on when it all begins). We really loved it here--it's worth every penny. Our guests were blown away with the landscape. We recommend using a bus company to guests to get there and at the end of the night because of the country roads surrounding the barn.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Megan H

We loved everything about celebrating our big day at Harvest View! Crystal was phenomenal to work with, and so helpful and accommodating to all of our requests and questions. The venue itself is GORGEOUS, and we loved having the freedom to choose all of our vendors (most of whom... Read More had worked weddings here before anyway). The house on the premises to get ready in on the day-of is wonderful, and includes a kitchen and separated sides of the house for the men and women. The whole property is filled with beautiful photo opportunities, and our guests loved the pond, gazebo, and spacious barn + outdoor areas to walk, drink, eat, dance, and socialize in! We couldn't have asked for a better venue. Our only real issue was that the "rules" of the venue seemed to change several times from the time we signed our contract to the day of our wedding, and it made planning and coordinating with outside vendors somewhat complicated. Other than that, we would highly recommend Harvest View to anyone (and already have)!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Nichole C

Absolutely beautiful!! This venue is top notch but has a strict vendor list and with the venue cost not including anything else other than venue gets pricey.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lindsey R

Harvest view was more than accommodating to every detail! They were our dream venue and we had a perfect day! Guests could not stop talking about how beautiful it was!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Amanda Z

We got at Harvest View Barn on 04/23/2016 and it was absolutely perfect. Harvest View Barn is a gorgeous venue. We knew we wanted a barn wedding, and we chose Harvest View Barn because they had the option to move the ceremony inside in case of rain, which a lot of other bar... Read More venues don't have (unless you want the ceremony in the same room as the reception). I am so happy that we did pick Harvest View Barn. There are so many different options for photographs. Shirley was absolutely wonderful to work with and was so accommodating to all of our wishes. My husband and I moved across the country 4 months before our wedding, and Shirley and the rest of the gang were so accommodating to our needs and were so helpful with planning the last few stages of our wedding from time zones away. Many of our guests told us and our families how much they loved the venue, especially those that were from out of town. Reviewed by Amanda, bride.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Katie H

We would highly recommend Harvest View Barn for your wedding or event! I loved of old beams in the barn, the stone walls, and the chandeliers! Not only is the barn beautiful but the people were great to work with! They were so helpful every step of the way and on our wedding... Read More day! We would never have had such a beautiful wedding without this beautiful venue or the helpful and friendly owners and staff !

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kristen B

They worked with us with everything and helped make our wedding the way that we wanted it to! Gorgeous location and I HIGHLY recommend this venue!!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Yelena P

Great venue!! Our wedding was absolutely beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Danielle H

Our wedding was 4/30/16 and couldn't have been more perfect! Everyone at Harvest View was great! The thing that gave them 6 stars (above the 5) was that some items were left after the wedding and we didnt realize until a few days later. I called and Crystal told me that they... Read More had the items and I could pick them up any time. If I had my wedding at a hotel or other venue, I know they would have trashed my cherished items. Thank you to Harvest View for EVERYTHING you did to make my day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Danielle H

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Kathleen Z

We absolutely loved HVB!! I remember when we first toured the grounds, we instantly fell in love with it! Shirley and Crystal were the two main people we worked with and they were so helpful and so organized. They provided us with layouts of the venue and ideas for how to make... Read More the best use of the space in the barn. On the day of, tables and the correct number or chairs and highchairs were placed at each table as planned and everything was where it was supposed to be. With the help of the day-of coordinators at HVB I didn't have to worry about a thing! It was so elegant; the wood, stone and chandelier lighting set the mood, I barely decorated! The venue is stunning and literally will take your breath away, we are 100% happy with the staff and the whole venue; we highly recommend this place if you are looking for a barn wedding. We loved it!!

Loved it!

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Melissa P

We loved having our wedding reception at Harvest View. We knew it was the perfect place as soon as we took the first tour! The venue is beautiful in itself-we did not feel we even needed much decoration. Crystal and Shirley were both great to work with. There is a separate area... Read More for both the bride and groom to get ready, which was really nice. The ground are gorgeous and made for some great pictures too! Highly recommend!

The most amazing place!

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Alexa

Harvest View Barn is a magical place! Our wedding was beautiful, even in the middle of winter. All of our guests had so many nice compliments and the staff is just amazing!

Reviewed on 12/26/2015

Highly recommended!! So much character, so much class. I cannot say enough good things about this venue for a ceremony AND reception. It is refined rustic. Shirley and Crystal are professional, but down to earth, and such a pleasure to work with. The grounds are just beautiful... Read More capturing the farm lands of Pennsylvania. Our ceremony was downstairs by the fireplace creating an intimate and homey space. We then went right to the reception which was just upstairs, a gorgeously romantic space for beautiful celebration, and plenty of room for dancing, cocktails, enjoying time with people, and a classy dinner with high ceilings and candle chandeliers. The renovated farmhouse that is right next to the barn was one of my favorite parts of having this venue! From the bridal suites for both parties to get ready, a kitchen to enjoy lunch and cocktails, and a home to just relax and be together before the wedding, it made it such a special time to prepare for the perfect and special night that was ahead. IT WAS PERFECT FOR OUR WEDDING!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Breanne K

My husband and I are originally from Long Island and wanted a unique venue for our family to go to. We went to Harvest View and it was absolutely beautiful. The property was picture perfect. The barn was breathtaking. The farm house was ideal. Shirley and Crystal were a pleasure... Read More to work with. They were both so friendly and accommodating. We loved that this venue had a plan B for a rainy day wedding with use of the first floor of the barn. Thankfully, we had a beautiful day. Our family is still talking about our wedding and say it's the best wedding they have ever been to. It was absolutely perfect! You can't go wrong at Harvest View. We also rented their tractor to get some pictures. We highly recommend it! The pictures do not do it justice. Go see for yourself!

Beautiful Venue!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

We held our wedding ceremony at the Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms and had the most beautiful experience that a couple could ask for. The staff were so easy to work with and the venue (the barn, the landscape, the pond, the gazebo, etc) are picture perfect. We highly... Read More recommend using this venue for your special day.

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Laura F

Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms was our second to last stop on our venue tour and it took a lot of self-control not to sign with them the moment we stepped on their beautiful property. As a Lancaster county native, I liked the idea of a barn wedding, but did not want to worry... Read More about the hassle or the expense of renting a lot of decor and tables/furniture. Harvest View was the absolute perfect spot for us, because it is gorgeous with very little work and is also beautifully furnished. We had the pleasure of working with Shirley Hershey, who was so sweet, professional, and helpful throughout the entire process. It is also so special to work with a family who has owned the property for generations and takes such pride in what they are doing. Our wedding day was 2 days ago and it rained the entire day, so that the outdoor ceremony was not an option, but countless guests told us that they would never have known the indoor option was our plan B. I actually believe that the indoor option made our wedding ceremony so romantic and intimate and am grateful for not being given the choice. Everyone was amazed by the beauty of the venue and I never imagined my day would be so beautiful. A huge thank you to Shirley, the Hershey family, and the rest of the Harvest View staff for making our day so perfect!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Megan V

We had an unbelievable experience at Harvest View Barn! The whole team: Shirley, Crystal, and Mark were so helpful and so responsive with any questions I had. The venue was gorgeous and totally fit our vision perfectly! We got married outside by the pond which made it convenient... Read More to get right inside for Cocktail hour and then the reception! The staff was so organized and so respectful of our guests! I wouldn't change a thing about the venue or the staff! It was amazing experience! We had the best day ever! Thank you Harvest View for giving us the wedding of our dreams! Absolutely stunning!

Beautiful venue and spectacular service

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Jamie G

Event coordinators Shirley and Crystal at Harvest View Barn were incredible to work with. They were so organized that it caused my fiance' and I to think about things that we would've otherwise forgotten. Their quick responses to emails and phone calls expedited our wedding... Read More plans. This all on top of the fact that the venue is the most beautiful venue we came across. Also one of the largest. We received countless compliments from our guests saying the venue made our wedding the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. We would definitely highly recommend Harvest View Barn to anyone looking for ceremony and/or reception venues.

Harvest View Barn

Reviewed on 8/18/2015

We had our wedding at Harvest View on August 1, 2015. Here are a couple notes about it. 1. It is a little out of the way to get to from philadelphia, but it was worth it as the price is reasonable and we were able to find transportation (busses) from local hotels for our... Read More guests. 2. The venue was re-done in 2014 (I think) and is beautiful. There ere rolling hills of cornfields in the background. 3. The temperature was nice at our wedding, despite being August 1. The Barn was air conditioned and everyone seemed comfortable. 4. The dance floor wasn't huge but was OK. 5. (aside) we had 200 people at our wedding, they say they can accomodate 250 but I wouldn't recommend it. 6. They have a very nice setup/area for caterers. 7. They give you access to a beautiful house to get ready in the day of your wedding, although they do make you clear out all of your stuff before the reception starts (7:30pm they say), which is mildly annoying but understandable. 8. They had a handicapped elevator but it wasn't working on the day of our wedding, my dad had to carry my grandpa into the barn, which was less than ideal. We recommend them! Enjoy.

Beautiful and Elegant

Reviewed on 8/14/2015

Harvest View Barn was the perfect place to have our ceremony and reception! The site is absolutely beautiful and having a barn with air conditioning is a life saver! The day of our wedding was very hot and the Hershey's were more than willing to work with us to move the ceremony... Read More across the driveway and into the shade. Harvest View Barn is very accommodating and is the perfect location for any type of wedding. The venue can be made perfect for an elegant wedding as well as a country barn feel if so desired. I would highly recommend this location for a wedding!