Book Your Wedding with Hawks Cay Resort

A BALLROOM IN DUCK KEY, FL

Hawks Cay Resort, located in Duck Key, Florida, is a luxurious oceanfront location with a wide selection of spaces for a romantic waterfront wedding in the Florida Keys. This venue offers all the amenities of a modern resort, including spa services, along with rustic beach locations for romantic ceremonies. Indoor, outdoor and indoor-outdoor spaces are available to choose from for ceremonies and receptions.

Oceanfront gazebo. The Oceanfront gazebo is a romantic waterfront location with a gazebo available for the ceremony. This space is suitable for up to 250 guests.

Sunset lawn. The Sunset lawn has palm trees and an oceanfront view for outdoor ceremonies with a tropical feel. This outdoor space is suitable for up to 150 guests.

Sunset Beach. Sunset Beach is a rustic location on a sandy beach overlooking Duck Bay. This intimate site accommodates up to 30 guests.

Coral Cay pool. Coral Cay pool has scenic banyan trees and a paved deck for outdoor receptions. This site is suitable for up to 200 guests.

Beach grill. The Beach grill is an open air location with palm trees, twinkle lighting and a fire pit. The site accommodates up to 60 guests.

Landings. The Landings offer a backdrop of palm trees with an oceanfront view. This location is suitable for up to 60 guests at an outdoor reception.

Dolphin deck. For a view of bottle-nose dolphins playing in the ocean, the Dolphin deck is an option for ceremonies and receptions. This site provides accommodations for up to 120 guests at ceremonies or 60 seated guests at a reception.

Ocean. Ocean is an open, airy indoor space with indoor and outdoor seating. This location is suitable for up to 80 guests.

Dolphin ballroom. The Dolphin ballroom offers a dance floor and space for a live band or DJ. This indoor site provides accommodations for up to 300 guests.

Overseas ballroom. The Overseas ballroom is an indoor location with waterfront views. This 6,000-square-foot space is suitable for up to 350 guests at a seated reception.

Blue Catamaran. The Blue Catamaran is a boat that is available for ceremonies and receptions on the ocean. The Blue Catamaran is suitable for up to 75 guests.

A signed contract and deposit are required to make reservations at Hawks Cay Resort and a valid credit card must remain on file to hold the reservation. Final head count is due 21 days before the event date and final payments are due 14 days before the event. Menus must be confirmed 30 days before the event date.

Site fees include chairs, tables, linens, a standard place setting for each guest and on-site food and beverage staff throughout the event. A minimum food and beverage charge applies to all events with the minimum amount based on the exact date of the wedding. Menu tastings are available and catering is available on-site.

Several wedding packages are available, including packages for intimate weddings. The Island Wedding Package includes a choice of plated or buffet-style dinners with a four-hour open bar. For intimate events of two to 30 guests, wedding packages include a wedding cake, boutonnieres for the groom and an officiate for the ceremony.

Photography services are also provides with the purchase of select intimate wedding packages. All flowers and wedding cake are chosen by the on-site wedding coordinator for those who choose an intimate wedding package.

Hawks Cay Resort is a picturesque venue with many options for a romantic beach or waterfront wedding. Benefits of choosing this location include:

• Valet services complimentary for overnight guests
  • Innovative options available for intimate events, including casual poolside ceremonies and receptions
  • Choose from suites, villas and resort rooms for overnight stays

The island wedding you've always imagined

From intimate weddings on Sunset Beach with a conch shell-lined aisle to unique ceremonies on the large outdoor deck alongside frolicking dolphins, Hawks Cay's experienced wedding specialists ensure the wedding of your dreams at this 40-acre island resort.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Cruise, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

61 Hawks Cay Blvd, Duck Key, FL (888) 304-0059

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Jennifer P

We could not have picked a more perfect place to have our destination wedding! We made a quick weekend trip just to scope the place out once we found it online, and we were blown away by the food, grounds, views, rooms, employees, and just our overall experience! Hawks Cay has... Read More so many indoor and outdoor venues, activities, and food options to choose from for weddings - it made our choice quick and simple. We loved that they already had wedding packages and weekend activities to choose from and lists of vendors they've worked with before - we really felt we were in great hands. Jennifer was our first contact and helped us book our first visit, showed us around the entire resort, and helped us understand all of their package options and pricing. Then, once we signed our contract, Brennan helped us with every minutiae detail that came up, questions we had, and was at every single one of our wedding events to make sure everything ran smooth and that we and our guests were happy. Thank you ladies so much! We opted for a wedding weekend! Rehearsal dinner the night before in the Ocean restaurant, pool party the day of at the Coral Cay pool, ceremony in the Overseas Foyer, cocktail hour on the Dolphin Deck, reception in the Overseas Ballroom, and farewell brunch the next morning at the Beach Grill. Our guests are STILL talking about how much fun they had, and many of them are already planning trips back! We're planning on going back for our honeymoon and already envision coming back with our future family!

2017-07-17T15:49:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jennifer! We loved celebrating with you, Vince, and your loved ones!! Come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Vince C

Hawks Cay and their staff was amazing! My wife and I decided, shortly before booking hawks cay, that we wanted a smaller more intimate wedding on the beach. We live in Chicago where its still cold in May and the prices are outrageous! We stumbled upon Hawks Cay through various... Read More websites, looking for wedding locations on the beach. I cant be any happier that we stumbled upon this resorts site. From the start of the process everyone was extremely kind, and patient with our questions and requests (Ghislaine, Brennan, and Peggy). Once we arrived everyone knew we were the wedding couple and were nothing but courteous. The ceremony was on the sunset beach location, behind some of the houses for rent on property. It was a perfect location, small, intimate, with sand, ocean, and sunrise behind us. They accommodated champagne on the sand and even though we started late (our own fault!) they had no problems or worries. My wife and I tell everyone that this was PERFECT for us, exactly what we wanted. I have even recommended to some friends of mine. If you are thinking of getting married in the Florida Keys i highly recommend you at least give them an email and call to discuss!

2017-09-03T10:36:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Vince! We absolutely loved celebrating you and Elizabeth!!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Amanda M

My dream of a destination wedding was made possible by the amazing staff at Hawks Cay. The entire process was seamless from initial visit to Saturday of our wedding; every concern, wish and question was taken care of promptly. We had our reception at the Coral Cay pool and it... Read More was the perfect way to get our wedding weekend started. The reception on the lawn at Beach Grill was more gorgeous than I could have ever imagined and the food for both nights was OUTSTANDING. We had many guests come up to us commenting on the quality of the food throughout the entire weekend (including the pool resturant and Angler and Ale). Our guests are still raving about our wedding a week later and some have mentioned how they can't wait to go back on their own vacation. We are so incredibly grateful to Brennan and the staff of Hawks Cay for making our weekend more than we could have dreamed.

2017-03-17T11:03:57 Response from the vendor

We absolutely loved having you Mandi & Guillaume! Your wedding was STUNNING and both you, and your families were so amazing to work with!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Katie F

I had my wedding at the end of August 2017. Although I booked my venue last and only had the pleasure of working with the staff at Hawks Cay for a short time as result for the build up to the big day - they were nothing less than wonderful from start to finish. Thank you... Read More Jennifer,Brennan, Sheldon, Delroy, Ray, & the entire staff at Hawks Cay for making one of the biggest days in my life such a breeze. The setup, the food, and every moment of the stay was exceptional.

2017-11-10T11:27:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback! We had so much fun working with you and loved your beautiful wedding theme. We hope to see you again VERY soon! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Jana S

Loved our time at Hawks Cay in the Florida Keys!! Beautiful location for our daughters wedding last January! The resort is amazing and the staff did so much to make our stay and wedding perfect! Thanks Hawks Cay , Ghislaine and Brennan!!

2017-11-01T14:42:51 Response from the vendor

It was so amazing to work with your daughter and son in law on their special day. They are amazing people and we wish them a lifetime of happiness. Please come back and visit soon!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Stormie S

Beautiful ceremony! Hawks Cay and the knot did remarkable jobs and I wanted nothing but the best for my sister in her wedding day! Truly one of the best and most stunning ceremonies I’ve seen. And on a perfect location to make it a family vacation :)

2017-11-01T14:41:38 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that you could all celebrate with us here at Hawks Cay! We hope you are all able to return to our New and Improved resort the future! Possibly a family reunion!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Ted R

We had an absolutely wonderful time with our family and close friends! The venue looked spectacular all set up for our wedding, from the set up overlooking the bay for our ceremony to our beautiful farmer's table all set for the dinner. Our coordinator, Brennan, was a true... Read More pleasure to work with there at Hawk's Cay! We are so thrilled to have had our wedding with them!

2017-08-30T10:55:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lisa & Ted! We loved working with you and your vision for the reception decor was breath taking! Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Lindley B

Hawks Cay and all the coordinators and staff helped make my wedding day the best, most memorable day of my life. Everyone was so thorough and hands on and kind! I wouldn't have wanted to have my wedding anywhere else! It was Picture Perfect!!!

2017-08-30T08:28:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing Hawks Cay Resort to celebrate such a special day!! We absolutely loved working with you and wish you guys the best! Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Brad F

We had a wonderful wedding here! The staff, especially Brennan and Ghislaine, were beyond wonderful to us and to our guests. Despite high winds on the big day, everyone helped us bring wedding we envisioned to fruition. The food was delicious; the spa was a dream; the setting... Read More was beyond gorgeous! The wedding staff was like a well oiled machine....one that really cared about us :)

2017-03-11T15:27:51 Response from the vendor

Jenna and Brad, we absolutely loved working with you both and celebrating such a beautiful love! Please come back to see us soon, we miss you guys already!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Callie S

We couldn't be happier that we had our wedding at Hawks Cay! All our guests were amazed at how beautiful the resort was, and continually complimented the food and service. Ghislaine gave us our initial tour of the venue - she spent about 2 hours showing us around even though we... Read More showed up at the last minute! We worked with Brennan (catering manager) for all the details of the wedding weekend, and I cannot say enough nice things about her! We honestly could not have pulled it off without her patience, attention to detail, and positive attitude. Our photographer, videographer, and day of coordinator all told us it was one of the most unique and fun weddings they've ever been to - thanks in large part to Hawks Cay and their amazing staff :)

2016-11-01T08:04:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you Callie and Diogo! Definitely one of the most unique weddings we have ever had- it was amazing!! You guys were so much fun to work with, please come back and see us!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Guadalupe T

My wedding experience was marvelous . Thank you so much to weeding's planner team for all support and made our ceremony and reception unforgettable. Every thing was in the right place, the ceremony was amazing and then the reception the best part of the event. The menu... Read More spectacular . Hawks Cay resort, best place ever.

2016-11-01T08:04:07 Response from the vendor

You're so welcome!! Thank you for choosing Hawks Cay Resort to celebrate your special day!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Karen L

The staff at Hawks Cay made our wedding day a dream come true. Despite the looming of hurricane Matthew and the cancellation of many of my guests, the team managed to change plans last minute and allowed us to have the most amazing wedding weekend with our friends and family.... Read More The food was incredible, the service was unparalleled and the attention to every detail made it all perfect. Through it all, everyone understood how important the day was for us and every person showed genuine care for our experience and that of our guests. I would gladly recommend Hawks Cay to anyone looking for a fun-filled, family friendly and high quality wedding venue and vacation spot.

2016-10-28T15:53:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Karen and Chris!! So glad we got to be a part of your special day, please come visit us soon!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Michelle K

I had an amazing wedding at Hawks Cay. I live nearby so it was not a destination wedding but it felt like one. My guests loved the resort. The options between hotel rooms and villas suited the needs of out of town guests. We were able to have intimate gatherings before and... Read More after the wedding at a villa rented by my in-laws. I booked a junior suit at the resort so that my bridesmaids and I were able to get ready with the hair and makeup. The ballroom was beautifully decorated. The cocktail hour overlooking the dolphins was perfect. The staff was attentive. The food was delicious. We were able to have the rehearsal dinner at Angler & Ale. The whole experience was amazing. I would highly recommend Hawks Cay.

2016-10-28T08:14:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you Michelle! We absolutely loved working with you and Rich! So happy we were able to be a part of your special day, please come see us soon!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Robin G

Ever since my first visit to Hawks Cay Resort, I knew I wanted to someday be married there. At that time, as a single woman, it was just a dream. After meeting my now husband, I took him to Hawks Cay on one of our first trips out of town. He, of course, loved it! After he... Read More proposed, I got to work planning the wedding right away. The entire planning experience was very pleasant; from the wedding coordinators to the food tasting to the decision making of different venues for the wedding and ceremony, the wedding coordinators walked with me every single step of the way. Even when I called them with the smallest of decisions that were causing me stress, they were amazing. They guided me, listened to me, helped me and sometimes when I needed it most, led me. The day of the event was even more beautiful and magical than I could have ever imagined. It was definitely fairy-tale beautiful. I wouldn't have changed one single detail about the entire weekend. My husband and I are older and have young adult children but realized the significance of blending our families ceremoniously at our wedding. We had a beautiful wedding ceremony at the gazebo that included a sand blending ceremony for our family. That day in June was beyond gorgeous, and everything from the venues, to the music, to the flowers, to the appetizers, to the buffet items and the details of the reception were all my choice. There was no weird pressure to force us into certain choices. We were able to make our wedding exactly like we wanted it. We had our sunset rehearsal dinner on the Catamaran 'Blue' on Friday night where everyone who attended the wedding was present. Saturday at sunset was the wedding at the gazebo, followed by appetizers and drinks on the lawn, and a full buffet and reception in the Dolphin ballroom. The food was so delicious and our guests laughed and smiled and danced and had the time of their lives. My husband and I still have constant reminders of how epic our entire wedding weekend was when we routinely hear, "Your Wedding was the best wedding I have ever attended, Bar none!" My only regret is that I only get to do it once in my lifetime, but what a perfect wedding weekend it was! I strongly recommend Hawks Cay as your wedding venue. If I could pick anywhere in the entire world to be married, I'd pick Hawks Cay every single time! Thank you, Hawks Cay! We can't wait to visit again and be reminded every single time of where we began our "Happily Ever After."

2016-10-28T08:16:40 Response from the vendor

Congratulations again Robin! You and Frank were so much fun to work with and we absolutely loved hosting all of your family and friends here! We hope married life is treating you well and you come back to see us soon!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016

The venue, the staff, the entire event was five star.

2016-10-28T08:34:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Please come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Amanda B

The management and staff (Brennen, Jennifer, Sheldon and many others) went above and beyond when helping us create a dream destination wedding for our daughter. From the rehearsal dinner to the ceremony to the reception everything was perfect. All our guests had such a great... Read More time and said they could not wait to return! Most of our guests said that this was the best wedding they had ever attended. Absolutely every aspect of our daughters wedding weekend was picture perfect! The accommodations and the surrounding grounds were tropical and gorgeous!! Our guests checked in and never had to leave the resort, everything you want or need is provided by Hawks Cay. We could not be happier about our decision to have our daughters picture perfect wedding at Hawk's Cay! I would defiantly recommend Hawks Cay resort as your future wedding venue. The food, the service, the decor all was done with expertise. Hawks Cay has everything a destination bride could want-- gorgeous views, a friendly and professional staff, and a memory that will last a lifetime.

2016-08-12T10:48:54 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with you! Best wishes to you both! Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Stacey D

Why We Chose Hawks Cay: In the early stages of planning, the staff, the location options, and the array of activities for adults and families was incredible. It was within budget, they had great food, and an approachable vibe framed in striking island beauty. However, our... Read More Northeastern minds operate at a level that differs from "Island Time." There were a handful of moments as people arrived, on the big day, and after the wedding that left a lingering sourness. I attribute most of this to the high amount of turnover in the staff. The woman we met with originally left shortly after we signed our contract, and then our point person changed THREE more times. We stuck it out, but for all the crap we dealt with the week of our wedding, I wonder if we would have been better off changing venues. Speaking with other brides, Murphy's Law is true. Things will inevitably go wrong. We just have high expectations when dropping thousands of dollars on one day and would like to think that the basics of organization and management are met with flying colors. Bottom line: We made it work. We fought for adjustments to balance out the pricing mishaps and took matters into our own hands where necessary. We joined forces with our bridal party members to make sure the guests had a great time, and by all accounts, this goal was achieved and then some. Finally, when I look at our wedding photos, I don't see the stress we held those few days, I see beautiful scenery and people enjoying themselves. This is what truly matters.

Dream Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Bruna W

When my now husband and I took a trip to Hawks Cay Resort last year we knew then that would be our future wedding venue! The whole resort is beautiful, staff is very friendly and they have a great set up for both ceremonies and receptions. When we got engaged we didn’t even... Read More look at any other places, we know that was the perfect venue! We got married this past Memorial Weekend and we are so happy we chose to have it at Hawks Cay. Most of our guest came from far away, so they loved being to stay there and enjoy all of the amenities the resort offers. We had our wedding ceremony at the gazebo, it has an amazing view of the ocean, but is still in a grassed area, which was perfect as I and my bridesmaids were heels. The reception was at the Indies pool, which we loved so much!!! It is very private and has a very tropical feeling with all the trees and the bright blue pool centered. Our wedding weekend was perfect, and we have to say that most of its perfection was due to this amazing and pleasurable location, as well as Hawks Cay’s wonderful staff who was always so helpful through the whole planning process.

Do not booking your wedding here!

Reviewed on 1/28/2015 Stella M

If you are thinking about having a wedding at Hawks Cay forget about it. One an half week before our wedding we were told the space was not finished with a renovation by a third party vendor! Ruined my vision! How is it you (Hawks Cay) did not communicate this! The options they... Read More gave us were very sub par. If they would have informed us that this might have been an issue we would have booked another venue. They breached our contract and disappointed us with the lack of communication and While not offerring any compensation for our troubles. Upon checking in not one employee assisted us! Too busy chatting. The lack of assistance and the employees do not care! Unhappy employees make for a miserable vacation for your guests! The villa we had was filthy and the bathroom sink practically fell on me! Our guests had issues with their accommadations too: bugs in the villa (EWWW!!!), Internet service, TVs and in house phones never worked! It was so disappointing and embarrassing as we chose this resort and for our guests to run into issues and dirty rooms! Never did we feel like it was our wedding. I've been to many weddings and destination weddings and have seen staff going out of their way to make the couple and their guests feel special. Never had that. We checked out early and stayed at a different hotel and finally for the first time we felt like we were celebrating our wedding. They made us feel so special and wish had our wedding at this other place. It was so disappointing to face these issues. We did have a great bartender Kevin at our wedding. He was awesome! Andrea who serviced us at the pool was great too! That is all the positive I can say. It could be a great resort if they get their act together but for now I woyld not book your wedding here!

Honeymoon

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Hannah B

The Keys are beautiful! Literally the Bahamas in the US. Hawks Cay was beautiful and clean and very accommodating.

Excellent

Reviewed on 6/09/2014 Angela N

I couldn't have asked for better people to help me with the wedding. They answered all my questions and took care of everything after I made the decisions. It was fantastic. So stress free.

Everything we dreamed of and more!

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Abbey C

Hawks Cay has everything a destination bride could want-- gorgeous views, a friendly and professional staff, and a great resort to entertain her guests. We have rented a house on Duck Key (where Hawks Cay is located) for the past three years, but our first real experience with... Read More Hawks Cay was the wedding. We couldn't be happier! Laurie and her team were responsive to my every question, and very flexible when it came to requests! We even had a few guests with severe food allergies, and they were very accommodating and worked with us in every way! During dinner, our Banquet Captain ensured that we had drinks in front of us at all times and that we were able to eat our food-- which was more than delicious! After the tasting, we had such a hard time narrowing down our choices for the food. They also made a signature drink in my one of my wedding colors, and it was so, so good! Although we may be a biased and think that everything was perfect, every one of our guests that we spoke to said that this was the best wedding they had attended. I would highly recommend them!

Beautiful Venue!!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2013 Sarah P

We stumbled upon Hawks Cay Resort while looking for a wedding venue near Miami, FL. So happy we decided to go with this Resort!! Our guests are still raving about the experience and we could not have been happier with everything it offered us. Beautiful venue space! We used the... Read More Gazebo for our ceremony, the ballroom for our reception and the dolphin deck for our brunch the following day. This is a hotel/resort so they do have certain rules with weddings such as requiring a wedding planner. We booked Peggy Russell at Destination Wedding Studio per their recommendation and we were so amazed by everything! Everyone worked so hard and it showed because our day went by without any mistakes (Thanks Laurie and Jennifer!). The food was delicious, our guests had NO complaints. Overall, very responsive, nice and accommodating!! No regrets at all! If you are considering getting married in the Florida Keys definitely do it at Hawks Cay Resort!!

May Wedding

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Jen N

I appreciate all the hard work that went into making our day possilble. However, I did not like the review of our billing, occuring after the wedding and getting billed an additional $2K. Completely, NOT PROFESSIONAL!

2013-06-19T12:44:40 Response from the vendor

Dear JNeikirk, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with other brides. The Hawks Cay team truly enjoyed working with you and your family, and are honored to have been chosen to create your perfect wedding. We are thrilled to... Read Less Read More

Resort venue

Reviewed on 5/12/2013 Meaghan D

Hawks Cay Resort was perfect for my wedding it satisfied all ages. From 3yrs-73yrs. The staff was amazing. The location of our Ceremony & reception was perfect & Private. Our Brunch the next morning on the dolphin deck was a great ending to a great weekend! We could not have... Read More been happier!

Meet The Manager

Jennifer Tacey

I was born and raised in Arlington, Massachusetts . I have a B.S. in Recreation and Leisure Studies with a concentration in Commercial Recreation and Tourism from East Carolina University. Once I graduated, I made the very easy decision to move to the beautiful Florida Keys. Throughout my 14 years of experience in the hospitality industry, I have always enjoyed creating fun, memorable events for my clients. I specialize in Ceremonies, Weddings and Special Events here at Hawks Cay Resort. I look forward to helping you create a special piece of paradise for you and yours to share forever!