RI, MA, CT Wedding Officiants- Creative, Affordabe

Congratulations to you both! Your wedding is one of the most joyous celebrations of your life! It is your special day to express your love and commitment while marking the official beginning of your new life together! We believe that your wedding ceremony should be an accurate reflection of your love, your beliefs and your uniqueness as a couple! It is a day meant to be all about you! The reason we have been the top choice for engaged couples for so many years is simple; We LOVE what we do! And we are truly honored, humbled, and grateful that our reviews reflect that! Collectively, we share 24 years of experience creating beautiful, personalized, custom-crafted ceremonies that are truly unforgettable! Feel free to call or email with any questions you may have! We are happy to help!

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Nondenominational, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Ceremony, Wedding

Smithfield, RI All of RI, Southern MA and North Western CT (401) 359-0210

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 fake f

Where do I even begin? My now husband and I are not the same religion. This was a sensitive subject as I am Catholic and he is Protestant. Therefore, we agreed that we would have an Officiant marry us for our November beach (yes, beach) wedding. I emailed 5+ vendors the same... Read More email question: "What makes you special? Why should we chose you?" An exposing question to ask, but we knew that the officiant who cared would take the time to answer vs. directing us to their stellar online reviews. There was something about Paula's response that put me, the uptight bride, at ease. I remember saying to my husband: "I like her." We met Paula at a Starbucks and after a simple conversation we booked her. I was adamant on writing the ceremony and vows ourselves and wanted to make sure Paula was on board. She was beyond on board. If we wanted more guidance, she would give it. If we wanted, less she would offer support from a far. She gave me a library of resources and templates to work from and there in was born a very personal, very intimate ceremony. We were able to layer in moments of God, moments of love and some out of the box things all with Paula's blessing. (We had our dog as the ring bearer, some funny readings and even a song played in place of a reading). Paula came to our families' home for the rehearsal dinner. A 30+ room of loud Italians is not easy to handle -- but Paula did so with grace. I wanted someone to take our very special ceremony and execute it flawlessly and Paula did exactly that. People LOVED Paula. She just nailed it. And watching Paula get choked up during the song meant she felt the love too. If you're looking for a seasoned vet, who will give you as much or as little guidance as you need, someone who is willing to help make your ceremony your own, call Paula. She is a special individual who l o v e s love and all that she does. Paula, you're part of our family now. Thank you for making our ceremony the most talked about part of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Diana C

Paula was absolutely amazing. We did a non-traditional ceremony and were having a hard time figuring out exactly what we wanted and Paula was so helpful through the whole process. She made us feel so comfortable. I couldn't imagine anybody else marrying us. It was perfect.

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Kelsey R

I can't say enough good things about Paula and Heart and Soul Ceremonies. They were so easy to work with, accommodating, and responsive throughout the entire process. Our ceremony was absolutely flawless and Paula made us feel so comfortable during our big day. If you want to... Read More see for yourself, here is the link to our wedding video https://youtu.be/GGqPF361Hps. It's quite long so note that the ceremony starts at the 3 min mark and goes through 8. Asking Paula to officiate our wedding was the best decision, thank you so much again Heart and Soul Ceremonies!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Caitlin V

We were so happy to have found Robin to officiate our wedding. We clicked with her right away. She's super personable, responsive, and easy to work with. She guided us through the decision-making process for every part of the ceremony. I absolutely love the ceremony we chose.... Read More Robin presented us with multiple options and was very open to altering and customizing. We wanted something brief but meaningful and it was perfect. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Julie M

We are so happy with our choice to have Paula officiate our wedding! She will be as involved in the planning process as you would like. My husband and I preferred to plan the ceremony ourselves, and she was open to everything we came up with. She will also assist you with the... Read More planning process if that's what you prefer. Paula made us feel at ease on our wedding weekend by being so knowledgeable about wedding etiquette. She helped make our ceremony flow seamlessly! I would 100% recommend Paula!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Keshia K

Paula was fantastic! She met with us before our wedding to go over everything we wanted, did our rehearsal the night before and helped our wedding day run smoothly. She is very professional and funny. So glad we chose her as our officiant.

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Anonymous A

If you would like to have not only an amazing officiant, but also an amazing person to be the one to share in your special day and to be the one to marry you, then Paula Taylor from "Heart and Soul Ceremonies" out of Rhode Island is the true definition of what you're looking... Read More for. My husband [I love being able to say that... hehe... :) ] and I have been planning for our big wedding ceremony and reception, which will take place at the end of this year, but we recently learned that his mom is ill and may not make it to then. Not having her see us married was not an option, so I googled "quick weddings" and came across Paula Taylor's name and reviews. I called her and immediately found her to be extremely professional, personable, and caring. I told her everything that was happening, and we planned a small, secret ceremony with my husband's parents, my parents, and his kids for Sunday, February 5th. On Wednesday of the following week that we booked Paula, we learned that his mom hadn't eaten in a couple of days. Fearing that she may not make it to the 2/5 date either, I called Paula that night and asked if she could meet us at my husband's parent's house the next night, and she happily agreed. Paula gave us the most beautiful ceremony that I could have ever imagined. Her presentation of the material was heart-warming, and made him and I cry so much throughout, that we were barely able to say our words to each other. Needless to say, we have also booked Paula for our "second" wedding as well, and we are so grateful to have her in our wedding memories.

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 K F

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Bonnie S

Working with Paula was fantastic from start to finish. She is so kind, so flexible, and she truly made the experience smooth and easy. It was so nice to be able to look thru the different ceremony options and even piece some together (if that is what you want). We had a... Read More pre-meeting with her a few weeks before the wedding just so we weren't strangers on the day of the wedding. She put us at ease from her smile hello. She is so warm, so kind, and she gave us some good tips and info for the wedding day. We couldn't have been any happier with her and highly recommend her. She truly helped make our day all the more special.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Maureen M

Rev. Paula Taylor was everything we were looking for in an officiant. She respected and celebrated our uniqueness as a couple and our priorities for our ceremony while offering helpful and much appreciated suggestions based on her extensive experience. She was a pleasure to... Read More speak to and work with, and it is clear that she has a passion for what she does and genuinely finds joy in her work. She was a wonderful, calming presence at our rehearsal and on our wedding day, and we had no doubt she would ensure that all proceeded smoothly. She even helped to defer guests so that the wedding party could sneak off to take photos after the ceremony! Paula is a truly caring, sincere, officiant, and she is an expert at what she does. We were so grateful to have found her!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Aaron L

Paula was truly amazing as a wedding officiant. She spoke beautifully and like a friend. From the first meeting we had with her we really felt like a friend we've known for a long time. We connected with her immediately and knew that we'd want her to marry us. We had a... Read More particularly different kind of wedding ceremony because we incorporated some hebrew readings and Jewish traditions. Paula was not only able to accommodate, but some of our more traditional guests were thoroughly impressed with her interpretations and readings. Just meet with Paula for 20 minutes and you'll not only want her to marry you, you'll want to be her friend for a very long time!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Amanda M

Robin at Heart and Soul Ceremonies was wonderful to work with. She was recommended by a family member in the wedding photography industry, due to her great experiences working with Robin in the past. From our initial inquiry, to supporting us in writing our own ceremony and... Read More vows, to the delivery and tact during the rehearsal and ceremony, everything was fantastic. Robin worked with us to edit and perfect our personally written ceremony, providing welcomed support and guidance along the way. Our guests are still talking about how personal and beautiful our ceremony was, as well as the professionalism and warmth exuded from Robin. As for logistics, Robin was quick to answer any questions and help us with the marriage license process, especially since we are currently living out of state. We highly recommend Heart and Soul Ceremonies!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Holly K

Paula was wonderful and really helped the ceremony to go as smoothly as possible. She calmed both of our nerves and answered all questions in a timely manner.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Amanda B

Paula was wonderful! Upon meeting for the first time at our rehearsal, she felt like someone I already knew. Her warm personality and heartfelt delivery made our ceremony very special. The ceremony options she has totally fit what we were looking for, but still felt very... Read More personal to us. I could not have been happier with everything.!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Samantha W

I do not have enough room in this review to express how AMAZING reverend Paula Taylor is. She made the ceremony. She is not only our officiant, she is now our friend for life. She is someone who takes the time to really know you and your relationship, creating the intimate... Read More ceremony that will last in my heart forever ! When I was stressed at how disorganized my venue was at our rehearsal, she met me and my husband and told us she's going to "come in like a boss" and make sure it's runs so smooth that there was no need for an ounce of stress. (I mean come on, how cool is she?!) She is just the most genuine person I have ever met, this is not a job for her, she acts as if it is a privilege. When in actuality, it was OUR privilege to work with her. I want to give her 100 stars, but the knot made me stop at 5. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMENDED !! Thank you Paula !!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Julie H

Paula did an amazing job as the officiant for our wedding at Blithewold Mansion on July 3rd. We met with a few officiants as we began the wedding planning process but we knew right when we met her that we wanted her to marry us. She is so passionate about what she does and was... Read More such a pleasure to work with. She provided ceremony examples and readings and helped us to craft the perfect ceremony. She delivered the ceremony perfectly. I would highly recommend her to any bride or groom!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Kayleigh F

Paula was wonderful. Alex and I were honored to have her marry us. Her ceremony was meaningful and personal, even though we only met with her a few times. My family and friends were touched by the ceremony as well. She is experienced and offered great advice. We would recommend... Read More her to anyone in a heartbeat.

Such a blessing

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Ashley K

After not being able to get married at a church since it was a bit of destination wedding, I was slightly nervous hiring someone to perform our ceremony. After reading lovely reviews, I decided to email Rev. Paula Taylor. I could feel through her emails what a true passion... Read More officiating weddings is for her. She is the sweetest and truly cares about her couples. Together, we were able to create such a personalized ceremony that was so meaningful, any regrets I had about not getting married in a church went right out the window. I had people commenting on how lovely the ceremony was!

Reviewed on 11/22/2015

Paula was a joy to work with. She crafted a custom ceremony for us, based on letters we each wrote to her explaining our respective views of our relationship. It was heartfelt and much more personal than what i would have expected. During the rehearsal she took charge and... Read More made sure that we weren't rushed by a somewhat impatient staff member of the venue, and it was clear that her focus was on making sure that we felt confident about what was going to happen the next day. There was a small snafu with our marriage certificate and she even went above and beyond to ensure that we had a frame-able copy for posterity.

Heart and Soul Ceremonies

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Julie G

Rev. Robin at Heart and Soul Ceremonies was the best! From planning the ceremony, to the rehearsal, to the wedding day, she was right there with us helping us each step of the way. She was very personable and responsive if you need anything at all. She also had many tips for... Read More us going into the ceremony as to what are great photo opportunities during different points of the ceremony. She was so great to work with and we are honored she was a part of our special day!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Jennifer P

I had Robin perform our ceremony and she was amazing! She was great all the way through the process with really thoughtful ideas and a great way to keep everything going. She is extremely responsive and I am very happy that I worked with her. I have already received multiple... Read More compliments that our ceremony was beautiful. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

perfect!

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Ashley D

Paula instantly made us feel at ease during our first meeting. She was incredibly flexible and helpful while planning the ceremony. During the rehearsal she helped us feel confident that we would be taken care of on our big day. On the day of the wedding she came prepared with... Read More a tissue slyly passed to the maid of honor when needed. Thank you Paula!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 7/12/2014 Shannon H

We worked with Elizabeth Rowell as our officiant. She was professional as well as heartfelt and was able to work with us on short notice to put together a stunning ceremony. She knew exactly what we were looking for and was completely open to our edits and we even wrote custom... Read More vows and worked in some traditional Jewish and catholic elements. Elizabeth was fantastic and we would highly recommend her to anyone.

Great officiant to make your big day special!

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Allie W

Paula Taylor is the way to go for wedding officiants! Finding the right vendor to officiate our wedding was a tough one for us. We met with a number of officiants who came highly recommended but then tried to push us to book on the spot or try to get us to use one of their... Read More cookie cutter ceremonies even after we said we wanted something unique to us. Paula, on the other hand, met us in a low-key setting and made us feel absolutely no pressure to book or to do anything one certain way. We met for an hour, but after the first 15 minutes, our conversation had veered off of business and my husband and I felt like we were talking to an old friend. Paula clearly and obviously loves what she does and loves helping people who love each other come together. Once we decided (quickly) that Paula was the one for us, she was so incredibly open to performing whatever type of ceremony WE wanted. We knew (and warned her) that it would be very non-traditional and very personalized. Once Paula saw our readings and our vows, she was so supportive and loved how much we made it our own, just like I knew she would. Now, thanks to Paula, I will forever love looking back on our wedding ceremony, knowing that it was true and honest and meaningful because it came right from our hearts and our personalities. That's the best gift of all Paula, thank you for being such a big part of our love!

officiant

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 rokia m

Paula was awesome!!! Came to the rehersal the night before and made us feel very comfortable and at ease. She was sincere, kind and truly cared about providing the basis for a beautiful ceremony. Had tons of options to pick from if you dont do your own vows. My guests are still... Read More talking about how beautifully done the ceremony was. Highly recommend her!!

Meet The Manager

Paula J. Taylor, Rev.

Our goal is to create a tranquil, relaxing setting with our focus on the bride and groom, the sanctity of their moment and all the details that go along with the ceremony. We are "go with the flow" officiants, meaning that we are very “in tune” with our couples and emulate whatever emotions arise during the ceremony. Fun is optional! We started Heart and Soul Ceremonies in 2004. To date, we have performed more than 1,700 weddings, baby blessings and memorial services. It is such a huge honor and extremely gratifying to walk through these different stages of life with our clients!