Heart of St. Charles & Old Stone Chapel

St. Charles, MO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Heart of St. Charles Ballrooms & Old Stone Chapel

Come see why St. Louis brides love the variety in our different venues, and ballrooms. At Heart f St. Charles the view is like no other reception venue in St. Louis. Our beautifully remodeled ballrooms will simply take your breath away. Our newly restored Chapel makes for a perfect location for an old with the new wedding venue!

Ballroom, Historic Venue

1410 S Fifth St, St. Charles, MO (636) 947-8270
WEBSITE FACEBOOK PINTEREST

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Amy M

Kristin at the OSC was wonderful! She was very accommodating, attentive, and went above and beyond to make sure we had the best day!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Tabetha D

We booked the Old Stone Chapel for our wedding ceremony. We aren't very religious, and didn't want to get married in an official church, but the chapel was a great alternative. It's beautiful on the inside, so much so that you don't really need any decorations! They have a... Read More lovely arbor at the front of the chapel that makes a lovely backdrop for your ceremony. Best of all, we got to have our four-legged ring bearer join us in our ceremony! They have a coordinator there for your rehearsal and day of your ceremony to help make sure everything runs smoothly! We were able to hide in the reception room upstairs while our guests arrived. They also have a beautiful patio (where you could also do your ceremony outside if you wanted), where we were able to get a group photo with all of my wedding guests (our photographer stood on the balcony above)!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Rebecca B

We had our reception in the Grand Ballroom at the Heart of St. Charles last weekend. From the beginning, the planners were kind and helpful. The food was amazing! The best part is you can drop off your decor the week of and they will set it up for you! And it looked AMAZING!... Read More Everything I ever dreamed of! We received lots of compliments on the way the room looked and how good the food was. And the cake/cupcakes were to die for! It was such a great evening! If you're looking for a beautiful place with a great location at a decent price and great food.. this is it!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Laura F

We had our reception at the Old Stone Chapel and let me just say this place is BEAUTIFUL! The staff does a great job at making you feel so special on your big day! I had a lot of stuff I needed setup for my reception and they did it flawlessly! The only, only hiccup was they... Read More forgot to turn on our initials on the back wall of our head table, so all of our pictures during our bridal party speeches were in front of a white blank wall. We were pretty sad about that, but it was an honest mistake and they turned it on as soon as they noticed. Just wished it was sooner for our photos :( otherwise this is a fantastic venue to work with, they truly know what they are doing, and I recommend them to anyone thinking of booking here.

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Randi M

I fell in love with Old Stone Chapel the moment I saw it. Working with Heart of St. Charles was a great experience. They literally cover all your wedding needs. The food was delicious! They set up the reception hall exactly how I envisioned and our planner, Kristen, even acted... Read More as our officiant. If you need a place that's all inclusive look no further this is it, and at a very affordable rate!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Jennifer K

If you want a planner who will talk to you from the moment you book until the day of your wedding this is probably not the venue for you. We booked in February and didn't officially talk to our planner until November (our wedding in December). However, our planner did a great... Read More job with our wedding and was the most supportive on our wedding day. I was able to plan everything and then when we met with her, everything was all ready for her. They did all the decorating and were very accommodating and creative! It is a beautiful venue and I have no complaints!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Dorothy G

We had a great reception at HSC. They were always friendly and accommodating to us. We dropped our decorations off Thursday for our Saturday reception and they set it all up nicely. Carmella was helpful and attentive the day of the wedding for me. Overall a perfect day!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Janet S

My daughter and son-in-law were married and had their reception a couple weeks ago at the Old Stone Chapel and it was fabulous. Kristen was our coordinator and she was great. I highly recommend this venue to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Nicole R

We did an outside ceremony here, as well as our reception upstairs. The venue was beautiful! The staff was great and very easy to work with. The food was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Rachael A

I think HSC is the best place to choose if you are looking for a good reception venue in St. Charles. It's a little more money, but definitely worth it! The rooms are gorgeous and you get an event planner that will set up all your decorations, make announcements throughout the... Read More night, and make sure you won't have any stress. Kristin was our coordinator and she was great. You have a sit down meeting with your coordinator about a month out and she was able to give us advice on what would look best and what other couples have done in the past. My only really complaint is that they have backlight colors to choose from and we had decided on more of a white color but on the night of it was purple. This worked out fine since our colors were purple but it just threw us off a little. The food is delicious! Word of advice, when you go to the food tasting, don't fall in love with food that is only offered on the grand buffet option if you only have the classic. We did that so we had to choose different food options but it was still delicious. They also refund you $400 after your reception as long as there aren't any damages and we got that back right after we got back to our honeymoon. Overall, the staff is great, Kristin was very helpful, and everyone raved about the reception.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Jeanna D

Very happy with our wedding and reception. The food was phenomenal, Overlook room is so great everyone loved having access to the balcony. Would recommend to others !

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Danielle M

The chapel has a old rustic feeling to it but it is small and intimate which we loved. They were so easy to work with and made sure that may day went off without any problems!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Kelley D

We loved the venue and the staff at the Heart of St. Charles. Everyone raved at what a beautiful space it is, how delicious the food was and how everything was just perfect. We were blessed to have Karen as our day of host and she is terrific. Any question I had before the... Read More wedding day she answered immediately and the on the day of she was like a silent member of our wedding making sure everything was like I wanted. She made sure everything was perfect, including making sure the parking lot was being used by only our guest during a very busy time in that area, which had been a concern of mine. I'm not sure how she did it all, but she did!!!! Highly recommend this location and Karen!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Bridgett M

We had our reception in the Great room and it was so romantic and beautiful. Everything went smoothly from picking out our cake to decorating the room. No complaints, worth looking into if you are getting married.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Stacey B

Our reception in the Cascade Room at the Heart of St. Charles Ballrooms was absolutely perfect! It was very affordable and roomy for my 90ish guests. The food is VERY GOOOOOOD! I had a guest trying to buy the rest of the Mustaccoli..lol. Staff was helpful and polite! I had... Read More our cake (Cupcakes) done through the venue as well and they were AMAZING.... with lots of yummy fillings to choose from :) It was a GREAT choice bhy choosing this venue!. Please consider Heart of St. Charles for your special event!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Dionnah J

We really enjoyed working with The Heart of St. Charles Ballrooms' staff. They were all friendly and answered whatever questions we had, which I had a lot throughout the process. The ballroom that we used was great, the food was awesome and we received a lot of compliments. the... Read More reason I didn't give 5 stars is because I think with the pressure the bride and groom has I would have like to been able to stay longer that 4 pm to set up the reception hall the day before. Also we ended up changing the table set up which they allowed us to do. But the white linen was not very clean. At the end of the day the room was beautiful and everything went well.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Bianca B

We're still getting compliments about the reception! HofSC did a fantastic job. From day one Karen took care of us, and we can't thank her and the staff enough. What caught us by surprise the most would have to have been the food. We did the food tasting earlier in the year we... Read More were not impressed. I guess someone spoke to them about it and they gave the menu an overhaul! We had the round of beef and pepper chicken entrees. It was amazing! Totally caught us off guard! Thanks again for hosting our wedding reception! Your guys are awesome!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Kristen F

I had my reception at this location in the great room. We loved how this room had a pretty low minimum guest number because of how large this room was! We had so much space even with 200 guests. Johnna was our coordinator and she did an excellent job! She made sure everything... Read More stayed on time throughout the entire reception and made sure all of our needs were met. All of the staff were extremely helpful and made sure everything was explained clearly and no details were left out. One thing I really liked was that they will set up centerpieces and anything you provide to decorate your room, and do an excellent job with this! This takes so much stress away for the reception. I highly recommend this location and commend them for making something that can be so stressful almost completely stress-free.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

My daughter and son in law were married and had their reception in the overlook ballroom. We cannot say enough about the professionalism and attention to detail that we encountered. Kristen was my daughters even coordinator. She is so youthful looking but does this job with... Read More such grace it seems she was born for this role. She made sure everyone in the wedding party was included and on board with each step. I highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Lindsay G

My husband and I fell in love with Old Stone Chapel when we saw it in passing about a year before we got engaged, and when a couple we're friends with had their reception there a few months later, we were sold on the place. We agreed that we wanted a more intimate wedding, even... Read More though we both come from big families, and OSC absolutely delivered. They say they can fit up to 200, but we had about 150 and I can't imagine the room being all that comfortable with many more than that. We worked with Karen, who did a great job of making everything from the ceremony to the reception run smoothly. I would highly recommend requesting Karen if you decide to get married or have your reception at OSC. The most important thing to me was that the people I hired knew what they were doing, I didn't want to stress about the small details on my big day, and OSC made sure I didn't have to. The chapel itself is SO cute, and the patio made a great spot for pictures since it had rained on and off for the entire week and day of my wedding. If I'm honest, the food isn't the best wedding food I've ever had, but it's very reasonable, especially for what it costs with open bar included in all the packages available.

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Samantha G

I just had my reception here on 3/19 and I LOVE this venue, Everything is so new - literally from the time I booked every time I went in there they had something new, carpet, lighting, they even had added some stone to the outside of their building that was complete by my day! I... Read More could not have been happier with the service I received. I got lots of compliments on the food, and room the whole night of my reception! Thanks HSC for an amazing experience, and helping make my big day the best day of my life!!

Reviewed on 3/02/2016

I had my wedding reception here and my ceremony at their other location The Old Stone Chapel on 2/20. I could not have been happier with the service they provided. From day one the planning with them was so easy and everyone in the office was always so helpful! The night of my... Read More reception I got lots of compliments on the food and the room which was amazing to hear. They even set up all of my centerpieces and party favors for me! I recommend The Heart of St. Charles to anyone looking for a stress free planning experience and a beautiful reception! Thanks for giving me a night I will never forget!

Beautiful and Intimate

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Peggy S

The Chapel was perfect for our wedding! It has a very intimate feel about it that made our ceremony very personal and that's exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Courtney

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at the Old Stone Chapel in May of 2015. The venue is absolutely GORGEOUS, but the staff is totally rude and unaccommodating. With the LARGE amount of money we paid these people, they should have been beyond helpful and polite, but... Read More they were far from it. The contract is extremely vague and provides you with no answers for basic and simple things that are involved with hosting an event such as a wedding. Then, you try and get answers from the employees via email or telephone and everyone gives you a different answer!! It was very frustrating trying to plan a wedding with this venue. Also, we had our wedding on a Sunday, since Memorial Day was that following Monday. Our entire wedding party and all of our family is from out of town and we were told the only time we could rehearse was the Thursday prior...? None of our guests or wedding party were arriving until late Friday night. So I emailed and called the owner and she told me it was okay for my husband and I to rehearse and tour the chapel on Thursday evening, and then my wedding party could rehearse on Sunday afternoon before the wedding ceremony. We showed up and were told to leave and that they had never told us we could be there and we only get ONE rehearsal!!! I was LIVID and have the emails to prove they said it was fine! They kicked us out and we finished rehearsing in the PARKING LOT!! Also, when we signed the contract we were told we would have access to the venue the entire day of...that was bull because we had to BEG to get access two hours prior to our ceremony just so my other vendors would have time to set up and my wedding party to rehearse. You'd think with as many weddings as this place hosts, they would have a better system regarding rehearsals, etc. This venue is beautiful and has the perfect location but the staff is not worth the headache and frustrations. There are so many other venues down town St Charles that I would just suggest skipping over this one and booking with one of them.. This place was the sole cause of all of my wedding-planning stress and frustrations.

Excellent venue

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Lisa L

On the day of our wedding we had our ceremony and reception at the Old Stone Chapel, what an excellent decision! My goodness I couldn't have imagined a better venue, reasonably priced, in the heart of the beautifully classic Main Street. The staff at the Old Stone Chapel helped... Read More me throughout final decisions made to make our wedding perfect, they were helpful and there to answer every question! We couldn't have imagined a better location. Thank you!