Heart of St. Charles & Old Stone Chapel

St. Charles, MO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Heart of St. Charles Ballrooms & Old Stone Chapel

Come see why St. Louis brides love the variety in our different venues, and ballrooms. At Heart f St. Charles the view is like no other reception venue in St. Louis. Our beautifully remodeled ballrooms will simply take your breath away. Our newly restored Chapel makes for a perfect location for an old with the new wedding venue!

Ballroom, Historic Venue

1410 S Fifth St, St. Charles, MO (636) 947-8270
WEBSITE FACEBOOK PINTEREST

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Jennifer K

If you want a planner who will talk to you from the moment you book until the day of your wedding this is probably not the venue for you. We booked in February and didn't officially talk to our planner until November (our wedding in December). However, our planner did a great... Read More job with our wedding and was the most supportive on our wedding day. I was able to plan everything and then when we met with her, everything was all ready for her. They did all the decorating and were very accommodating and creative! It is a beautiful venue and I have no complaints!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Dorothy G

We had a great reception at HSC. They were always friendly and accommodating to us. We dropped our decorations off Thursday for our Saturday reception and they set it all up nicely. Carmella was helpful and attentive the day of the wedding for me. Overall a perfect day!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Janet S

My daughter and son-in-law were married and had their reception a couple weeks ago at the Old Stone Chapel and it was fabulous. Kristen was our coordinator and she was great. I highly recommend this venue to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Nicole R

We did an outside ceremony here, as well as our reception upstairs. The venue was beautiful! The staff was great and very easy to work with. The food was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Rachael A

I think HSC is the best place to choose if you are looking for a good reception venue in St. Charles. It's a little more money, but definitely worth it! The rooms are gorgeous and you get an event planner that will set up all your decorations, make announcements throughout the... Read More night, and make sure you won't have any stress. Kristin was our coordinator and she was great. You have a sit down meeting with your coordinator about a month out and she was able to give us advice on what would look best and what other couples have done in the past. My only really complaint is that they have backlight colors to choose from and we had decided on more of a white color but on the night of it was purple. This worked out fine since our colors were purple but it just threw us off a little. The food is delicious! Word of advice, when you go to the food tasting, don't fall in love with food that is only offered on the grand buffet option if you only have the classic. We did that so we had to choose different food options but it was still delicious. They also refund you $400 after your reception as long as there aren't any damages and we got that back right after we got back to our honeymoon. Overall, the staff is great, Kristin was very helpful, and everyone raved about the reception.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Jeanna D

Very happy with our wedding and reception. The food was phenomenal, Overlook room is so great everyone loved having access to the balcony. Would recommend to others !

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Danielle M

The chapel has a old rustic feeling to it but it is small and intimate which we loved. They were so easy to work with and made sure that may day went off without any problems!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Kelley D

We loved the venue and the staff at the Heart of St. Charles. Everyone raved at what a beautiful space it is, how delicious the food was and how everything was just perfect. We were blessed to have Karen as our day of host and she is terrific. Any question I had before the... Read More wedding day she answered immediately and the on the day of she was like a silent member of our wedding making sure everything was like I wanted. She made sure everything was perfect, including making sure the parking lot was being used by only our guest during a very busy time in that area, which had been a concern of mine. I'm not sure how she did it all, but she did!!!! Highly recommend this location and Karen!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Bridgett M

We had our reception in the Great room and it was so romantic and beautiful. Everything went smoothly from picking out our cake to decorating the room. No complaints, worth looking into if you are getting married.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Stacey B

Our reception in the Cascade Room at the Heart of St. Charles Ballrooms was absolutely perfect! It was very affordable and roomy for my 90ish guests. The food is VERY GOOOOOOD! I had a guest trying to buy the rest of the Mustaccoli..lol. Staff was helpful and polite! I had... Read More our cake (Cupcakes) done through the venue as well and they were AMAZING.... with lots of yummy fillings to choose from :) It was a GREAT choice bhy choosing this venue!. Please consider Heart of St. Charles for your special event!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Dionnah J

We really enjoyed working with The Heart of St. Charles Ballrooms' staff. They were all friendly and answered whatever questions we had, which I had a lot throughout the process. The ballroom that we used was great, the food was awesome and we received a lot of compliments. the... Read More reason I didn't give 5 stars is because I think with the pressure the bride and groom has I would have like to been able to stay longer that 4 pm to set up the reception hall the day before. Also we ended up changing the table set up which they allowed us to do. But the white linen was not very clean. At the end of the day the room was beautiful and everything went well.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Bianca B

We're still getting compliments about the reception! HofSC did a fantastic job. From day one Karen took care of us, and we can't thank her and the staff enough. What caught us by surprise the most would have to have been the food. We did the food tasting earlier in the year we... Read More were not impressed. I guess someone spoke to them about it and they gave the menu an overhaul! We had the round of beef and pepper chicken entrees. It was amazing! Totally caught us off guard! Thanks again for hosting our wedding reception! Your guys are awesome!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Kristen F

I had my reception at this location in the great room. We loved how this room had a pretty low minimum guest number because of how large this room was! We had so much space even with 200 guests. Johnna was our coordinator and she did an excellent job! She made sure everything... Read More stayed on time throughout the entire reception and made sure all of our needs were met. All of the staff were extremely helpful and made sure everything was explained clearly and no details were left out. One thing I really liked was that they will set up centerpieces and anything you provide to decorate your room, and do an excellent job with this! This takes so much stress away for the reception. I highly recommend this location and commend them for making something that can be so stressful almost completely stress-free.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

My daughter and son in law were married and had their reception in the overlook ballroom. We cannot say enough about the professionalism and attention to detail that we encountered. Kristen was my daughters even coordinator. She is so youthful looking but does this job with... Read More such grace it seems she was born for this role. She made sure everyone in the wedding party was included and on board with each step. I highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Lindsay G

My husband and I fell in love with Old Stone Chapel when we saw it in passing about a year before we got engaged, and when a couple we're friends with had their reception there a few months later, we were sold on the place. We agreed that we wanted a more intimate wedding, even... Read More though we both come from big families, and OSC absolutely delivered. They say they can fit up to 200, but we had about 150 and I can't imagine the room being all that comfortable with many more than that. We worked with Karen, who did a great job of making everything from the ceremony to the reception run smoothly. I would highly recommend requesting Karen if you decide to get married or have your reception at OSC. The most important thing to me was that the people I hired knew what they were doing, I didn't want to stress about the small details on my big day, and OSC made sure I didn't have to. The chapel itself is SO cute, and the patio made a great spot for pictures since it had rained on and off for the entire week and day of my wedding. If I'm honest, the food isn't the best wedding food I've ever had, but it's very reasonable, especially for what it costs with open bar included in all the packages available.

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Samantha G

I just had my reception here on 3/19 and I LOVE this venue, Everything is so new - literally from the time I booked every time I went in there they had something new, carpet, lighting, they even had added some stone to the outside of their building that was complete by my day! I... Read More could not have been happier with the service I received. I got lots of compliments on the food, and room the whole night of my reception! Thanks HSC for an amazing experience, and helping make my big day the best day of my life!!

Reviewed on 3/02/2016

I had my wedding reception here and my ceremony at their other location The Old Stone Chapel on 2/20. I could not have been happier with the service they provided. From day one the planning with them was so easy and everyone in the office was always so helpful! The night of my... Read More reception I got lots of compliments on the food and the room which was amazing to hear. They even set up all of my centerpieces and party favors for me! I recommend The Heart of St. Charles to anyone looking for a stress free planning experience and a beautiful reception! Thanks for giving me a night I will never forget!

Beautiful and Intimate

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Peggy S

The Chapel was perfect for our wedding! It has a very intimate feel about it that made our ceremony very personal and that's exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Courtney

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at the Old Stone Chapel in May of 2015. The venue is absolutely GORGEOUS, but the staff is totally rude and unaccommodating. With the LARGE amount of money we paid these people, they should have been beyond helpful and polite, but... Read More they were far from it. The contract is extremely vague and provides you with no answers for basic and simple things that are involved with hosting an event such as a wedding. Then, you try and get answers from the employees via email or telephone and everyone gives you a different answer!! It was very frustrating trying to plan a wedding with this venue. Also, we had our wedding on a Sunday, since Memorial Day was that following Monday. Our entire wedding party and all of our family is from out of town and we were told the only time we could rehearse was the Thursday prior...? None of our guests or wedding party were arriving until late Friday night. So I emailed and called the owner and she told me it was okay for my husband and I to rehearse and tour the chapel on Thursday evening, and then my wedding party could rehearse on Sunday afternoon before the wedding ceremony. We showed up and were told to leave and that they had never told us we could be there and we only get ONE rehearsal!!! I was LIVID and have the emails to prove they said it was fine! They kicked us out and we finished rehearsing in the PARKING LOT!! Also, when we signed the contract we were told we would have access to the venue the entire day of...that was bull because we had to BEG to get access two hours prior to our ceremony just so my other vendors would have time to set up and my wedding party to rehearse. You'd think with as many weddings as this place hosts, they would have a better system regarding rehearsals, etc. This venue is beautiful and has the perfect location but the staff is not worth the headache and frustrations. There are so many other venues down town St Charles that I would just suggest skipping over this one and booking with one of them.. This place was the sole cause of all of my wedding-planning stress and frustrations.

Excellent venue

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Lisa L

On the day of our wedding we had our ceremony and reception at the Old Stone Chapel, what an excellent decision! My goodness I couldn't have imagined a better venue, reasonably priced, in the heart of the beautifully classic Main Street. The staff at the Old Stone Chapel helped... Read More me throughout final decisions made to make our wedding perfect, they were helpful and there to answer every question! We couldn't have imagined a better location. Thank you!

Old Stone Chapel and Ballroom

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Shelley A

My husband and I were married at the Old Stone Chapel and Ballroom, a Heart of St. Charles venue in St. Charles on Main Street. It was absolutely perfect!! It was so nice to have the ceremony and reception venue in one location and they were both beautiful. The chapel was the... Read More perfect size for our wedding of just over 100 and the reception area was really nice. I loved that so much was included in our contract, the locations, the food, the open bar, a planner, and they even set up for us before hand. The staff were amazing too. They answered all of my questions, gave suggestions to make things easier, and were very attentive the night of the wedding. We worked with Kristen and she was always checking with my husband and I to see if we needed anything to drink or if there was anything else we needed her to do. Everything went so smoothly and Kristen and the other staff at Heart of St. Charles helped make this happen. We were so happy with our choice to have our ceremony and reception here!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Melissa C

The venue was absolutely love alone. We had the Grand Ballroom, and it perfectly accommodated our wedding of a little less than 300 guests. The dance floor was perfect size, our coordinator Karen (provided when signing the contract) helped us keep on track throughout the night,... Read More and lastly, there was never a long line at the open bar due to speedy service. I will say, though, that when my husband and I signed our contract with HSC in December of 2014, there was no other event in our room on the same day. A little less than a month before our wedding (we were getting married in October and this was in late August), we met with HSC to go over our menu for the evening when we were informed that they had scheduled another event for the same day, which would end just two hours before my reception was set to start. It turned out there was confusion with the time of our reception, but they took full responsibility for that mistake after showing proof of our agreement on the time. They told us that we can show up to decorate about an hour and a half before our event began, although we knew guests would probably start showing up a half hour before (and they did), leaving us only a mere hour to decorate. Although knowing this was stressful, HSC assured us that they would have an entire experienced to work with us to get things decorated in due time, so long as we took a picture of all the tables with the decorations already set up. Which is what we did. Although I was not there when the decorating was happening, my parents were the ringleaders of the process. When they got to the HSC, there was no team to help them decorate, leaving them scrambling to get things where they needed to be before guests started to arrive. My mom said she had to recruit a few guests when they DID start showing up to decorate the rest. Since my husband and I were fortunate enough to have parents that paid for our wedding, I especially thought that this was unacceptable to be so ill-prepared when promises were made to the people that were signing the checks.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Janele G

Searching for a beautiful and affordable reception venue was on top of my list as a bride planning my wedding. After touring the Heart of St. Charles and meeting with a planner my husband and I signed a contract that day! We were super impressed with this venue. Our planner,... Read More Karen, was very involved with our planning process and was VERY patient with me as a bride. Originally there was an event the morning our or wedding which concerned me however Karen called me a few weeks prior stating there was no longer an event in that room. It was great that she knew I was concerned and helped make me feel better about this. She allowed us to view the room all set the day prior since I'm a control freak and wanted to make sure everything was in place. I HIGHLY recommend the Heart of St. Charles for a reception venue. It was great to have the catering, service, set up, planner, and the venue all in one. My wedding day went so smoothly because of the service we received.

awesome!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 SAMANTHA G

loved having my wedding reception at the heart of st. charles! our wedding coordinater Karen did an amazing job getting everything perfect for our big day!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Asia A

The wedding was amazing- friends, family, the pastor...it was a wonderful day. However, the actual experience with The Old Stone Chapel was like dealing with people that have never provided a wedding venue. We had to remind them several times to clean up dead bugs, clean the... Read More windows, paint a large section of the wall that was for some reason missed, etc... After all of that, not one of those tasks were done for our day... it was embarrassing. After the wedding we were scowled at and urged to leave (despite the money we spent to have our experience there) due to a wedding they booked immediately following ours, I understand that but we missed opportunities to have several desired family pictures taken as several employees came out expressing how we MUST leave NOW. I think the worst part was how they had a miscommunication and threw away a FAMILY HEIRLOOM handed down for generations that we had used for decoration. "We are really sorry" was their response. My advice, try to get a good read on the competence and class of the people you are going to deal with on your big day!