Heartwood Hall

Rossville, TN

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Once standing as a plantation estate, Heartwood Hall is a Rossville, Tennessee, venue that’s loaded with history. Built in 1840, it once served as both a hospital and campground for Union soldiers during the Civil War. Now on the National Historic Register, this picturesque property has maintained its 19th-century charm, so whether taking a stroll on the grounds or stepping inside of the house, it's like entering a bygone era. From wedding ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers and rehearsal dinners, couples looking for a venue filled with historic southern appeal might just find it at Heartwood Hall.

The Main House. Featuring many of the amenities that fuel the reputation of Southern comfort, the Main House stands as the property’s centerpiece. A long front porch with swings, relaxing rocking chairs and stately white support columns highlight the house’s entryway, while redbrick garden walls, wrought-iron gates and lavish lawns accentuate the historic grandeur. Approximately 300 guests can gather on these lawns for an outdoor ceremony, seated in white folding garden chairs.

Pool and Courtyard. Located in back of the Main House, this intimate space comes to life with its lavish fountains and crisp gardens. Ideal for post-ceremony cocktails or a standing reception, as many as 150 guests can mix and mingle in this space. Alternatively, a seated reception can accommodate 125 people. The fountains function as cozy fire pits at night.

Four Seasons Garden. The site is surrounded by rose bushes, azaleas and boxwood hedges, making it a simple yet stunning spot for a ceremony. Guests enter this space through a rustic arbor passageway and then find their seats on the lawn by traversing the charming redbrick aisle. Whether it’s a large ceremony or small, up to 300 guests can sit down and watch the vows here.

Cabin and Lake. Featuring a tranquil lake and surrounded by stately oak trees, this rustic cabin site dates all the way back to the 1820s. Whether it’s being used for a ceremony or for a cocktail hour afterwards, up to 300 guests can gather in this uniquely natural setting. It’s also a great place to stage wedding photographs.

The Barn. Boasting an agrarian atmosphere with state-of-the-art capabilities, this dazzling venue is an ideal fit for a memorable reception. High, wood-beamed ceilings, 14 rustically romantic chandeliers, wood pillars and an oversized stone fireplace help to give the Barn its unique charm. Equipped with a full bar and space for a dance floor, about 300 guests can celebrate in this spot.

Couples who book Heartwood Hall for their wedding enjoy seven hours of exclusive use of the property on the day of their event. Also included is rehearsal time for the ceremony, as well as a wedding coordinator to help plan an event.

There are up to 350 white wooden chairs available at the site and as many as 300 chiavari chairs. Tables are provided as well and are available in round, square and bistro-style shapes. Table linens are also included. All glassware, china and utensils are likewise provided at the venue. Setup, tear down and cleanup services are taken care of by the on-site staff.

Catering is provided in-house, so couples may not choose an outside service for their menu. There’s an additional charge for the on-site catering service and this fee includes all food, alcohol and beverages served at an event.

While the guest capacity can vary between large and small, there is a maximum headcount of 350 people permitted at Heartwood Hall for an event.

A few of the extra perks that help make this a unique venue include the following:

• A horse and carriage to carry the bride to Main House ceremony
  • Use of the house’s entire second floor for the bride and her bridesmaids to get ready
  • Private use of first-floor parlor in Main House for parents and grandparents
  • A private house to serve as the groom’s quarters

Heartwood Hall is where happily ever after begins!

Located on 25 wooded acres east of Memphis, Heartwood Hall is a grand, historic home built in 1840. Heartwood Hall offers a truly unparalleled site for your bridal luncheon, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception site.

Barn, Estate, Historic Venue

2665 Rsleigh LaGrange Road, Rossville, TN (901) 854-2294

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Elizabeth D

I cannot say enough about this beautiful venue and all of the kind and professional people that work there. The whole plantation has beautiful features including the house where you get ready, the garden, the barn, the lake, etc. It looks like it is straight out of a fairy... Read More tale. Although it is expensive, it is WORTH IT! They provide so many additions that you may not even think about - linens, catering, centerpieces, aisle decor, A WEDDING PLANNER, etc. This venue made my day so smooth and perfect. Our wedding planner and the rest of the staff truly had our best interest at heart throughout the whole process!

Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Courtney C

Food is excellent. People are still raving about it. Denise and her team make everything so easy. Definitely worth it!!

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 5/16/2013 Melanie M

Everything was wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Rachel C

Our wedding at Heartwood Hall was PERFECT. I am a control freak, but I didn't have to worry about a single thing with the Heartwood Hall team. The moment I walked into the barn the day of the wedding they had everything ready and beautifully decorated. My planner with Heartwood,... Read More Kelly, was an ANGEL and made sure our day was perfect. I can't give Heartwood Hall enough stars for how perfect they are.

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Debbie B

As the mother of the bride you want your daughter's wedding day to be as perfect as possible and we had that perfect day at Heartwood Hall! Amanda was our coordinator and she was a delight to work with, so sweet and extremely helpful. The grounds are beautiful and our guests... Read More gushed over how lovely everything was. Everyone loved the food and there were so many options it was almost hard to choose:). We enjoyed having the golf cart available for our guests who needed extra assistance. Overall, we received so many compliments about how pretty the venue is and how well everything went, there's not enough room to write about it all! We were all extremely pleased and delighted to have experienced the charm of this lovely venue.

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Taylor J

This is the most beautiful place! Our wedding was perfect and our coordinator that works at heartwood was amazing! If I needed anything she was a text away and she helped make our day go off without a hitch! 10 out of 10 for sure!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Victoria S

I have nothing but positive and wonderful things to say about Heartwood Hall, the staff and the incredible experience I had working with them! They were so professional in everything they did, from the meetings beforehand to the set-up and throughout the entire reception! The... Read More barn is absolutely incredible, the food was delicious, the staff was amazing and my wedding coordinator, Amanda, was so helpful and kind and made sure that everything ran smoothly, which it did!! I would reccommend Heartwood Hall every time!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Alexis B

This venue was so beautiful and really allowed us to make the wedding of my dreams a reality! When we were first looking at places, everywhere else required us to use various contractors and Heartwood Hall alleviated all of that stress. With everything provided in one place it... Read More truly made the whole process more enjoyable and our wedding was beautiful! While it may be on the pricier side at face value, when you start to look in to everything that they provide versus how much you would have to spend on various contracts at another venue, in the end you actually spend less, have less stress, and can truly enjoy the best day of your life!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Katie L

Beautiful venue and wonderful people to work with! Amanda made sure our wedding was everything we dreamed of and took care of everything. Can't say enough of this venue/staff.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Brianna S

My husband and I tied the knot at this beautiful venue on November 19th, 2016. Honestly the day of the venue was absolutely wonderful! I really didn't have a thing to stress such as how the events of the wedding were to occur, guest, food, and etc. The two houses that were... Read More available for us to use prior to the wedding ceremony are beautiful and very helpful to have to hold family and bridal party for a short period of time before the ceremony. The venue even comes with a wedding coordinator that helps you with small details that occurs on the day of the wedding (ceremony and reception). We had a close friend that helped us coordinate the wedding throughout our planning process and even on the day of the wedding (which I personally preferred) But i think that Amanda and my friend worked very well together. Amanda did an excellent job and she was so sweet throughout the whole entire process. It was really nice to have help from someone with Heartwood Hall on the day of the wedding. My family could not stop raving about how good of a job Amanda did and how beautiful the wedding was. However, my only complaint about the venue and customer serviced that we received was from management. Let me first start off by saying that it was completely our fault that we assumed that the a wedding venue would be able to accommodate changing venue times when the contract clearly states You have 7 hours of venue use 3 hours before the ceremony and 4 hours after the ceremony. Since our ceremony was suppose to start at 3 pm we could use the venue as early as 12 noon and had to leave by 7 pm. Personally I felt that the allotted time given was extremely short and also we had already made plans months in advance to get ready at the Marriott Hotel (Carriage Crossing location) from 8am-12pm with hair and makeup and wouldn't be able to get to the venue until after 12:30 pm the earliest. So we asked the venue (way over a month in advance) if we could moved the hours from 1 pm- 8pm and purchase an extra hour. I was sent to two different people to talk to and the last person I had contact with through email informed me that the owner Denise also did not want to accommodate our request because they have to pay employees and moving hours can "get out of hand quickly". However we were not asking for an extra hour but to move our times on top of purchasing an extra hour for $500. We personally felt management came off as very dismissive and felt like the venue didn't want to accommodate this request because why would they give it to us for free when they could make an possible extra $1000. The last person I also talked to also said that moving venue hours is a common request yet Heartwood Hall hasn't considered on updating their contract to better accommodate the needs of their future clientele. Which leads me to believe its a money incentive. So we ended up purchasing just one hour extra to our venue time and my bridesmaids and I didn't even get to the venue until 15 minutes before 1pm because we already had hair and make up appointments. So really it was a complete waste of venue time. Overall all we all had a great time on the day of the wedding and the venue does offer many amenities that other venues do not offer, but I would advise that couples read very carefully over the contract and ask questions and if they say something differently than what is stated in the contact that you get it in writing.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Miranda S

I could not be happier with my experience on my wedding day, everything was perfect! And so so so beautiful. I felt like my husband and I were completely there first priority in making us as happy as possible. I am so happy with our day!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 McKinley M

Heartwood Hall is truly a fairytale venue. I had my eye on this venue long before I ever met my husband. When the time came to tour Heartwood Hall for my wedding I knew that I would not look at any other venue(s). The people at Heartwood make everything so simple. One of the... Read More greatest things about Heartwood is that it is absolutely gorgeous in it's raw form. There is no need to spend bundles of extra money on decorations. My advice to anyone looking at this venue is keep it simple. This venue really does have it all. Their goal is to take care of you. They keep you stress free throughout the entire process.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 April M

I was such a happy bride at heartwood hall! The venue is so beautiful and our guests have been raving about everything from the venue to the amazing food. I cannot thank the staff enough for their attention to detail and taking care of so many things for me. The coordinator,... Read More Kelly, was wonderful and I could never thank her enough for all she did to make my day go smoothly. I have no regrets and would not change a thing about our day!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Cecily H

Calling all brides!! Do yourself a favor and book Heartwood Hall! Amazing experience. Gorgeous venue. My wedding was PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Candace D

Heartwood Hall was absolutely amazing! Our coordinator made sure everything was right on time and we didn't have to worry about a thing the day of our wedding! We can't thank them enough for all they did for us!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 alexa S

We cannot say enough good things about this venue. The location is great, and the venue is absolutely beautiful. We got married in the four seasons garden and had our reception in the barn. It was perfect! All of the staff at Heartwood Hall are so helpful and professional. The... Read More food was amazing, and we received many compliments. Mary was my wedding coordinator, and I could not have asked for anything more! She spent the entire day & night making sure everything was just right. It made the wedding day completely stress free. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Aynne S

Not one negative thing to say about our experience at Heartwood. Our vision would not have come to life without their stunning venue and professional staff. As the bride, Heartwood took care of all the details, making it infinitely easier for me to feel present at my own... Read More wedding. I believe they facilitate an environment that makes guests feel at ease and able to truly enjoy the occasion. THANK YOU Heartwood for going above and beyond to make our wedding day a blissful one!

Reviewed on 11/27/2015 Candice W

Heartwood Hall was a dream venue. Everything was so easy, from the planning to their flexibility in when I changed my mind (which was often). I was a somewhat particular bride, and they were all so lovely to deal with through it all. Both Denise, the owner, and Mary, my day-of... Read More coordinator, made sure my day was absolutely perfect. And the venue itself was a huge hit. Everyone loved seeing the property (which is gorgeous), and the barn itself offered the most romantic setting for our reception. Thanks Denise and all of the Heartwood staff!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Chelsea E

I got married here on September 26, 2015 and it was everything I could of ever imagined/dreamed of and more! I highly recommend this venue to any and all! My entire bridal party, family and guest felt like royalty! For the bride, it was the most relaxing environment and no... Read More stress at all! They took everything over in their hands and made sure my day went as smooth as possible! If I could do it all over again, I would do it here in a heart beat!

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/07/2014 Cassie M

Our wedding was the most amazing day of our lives, and it is all thanks to the staff at Heartwood Hall. They care so much about making your day special and helping you with every detail or concern that may arise. I think the best part of the venue is the option to have your... Read More wedding anywhere on the property. The garden is the most romantic setting- everyone of our guest was blown away with the beauty of it. We loved our experience so much! Thank you Heartwood Hall!

Best Night of Our Lives!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Caroline

Heartwood Hall was the PERFECT location for our wedding. Guests are still talking about how wonderful the garden and barn were! Denise and team are FABULOUS - they kept us calm during a slight rain delay and still managed to pull off a BEAUTIFUL outdoor garden ceremony. Food is... Read More FABULOUS! Highly recommend.

Beautiful Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Angela H

Our wedding was in May 2014 at Heartwood Hall. When we were planning our wedding (from Boston, MA), in the back of out head we prepared for the dreaded "something will go wrong". With Heartwood Hall, everything went as planned. They used their experience to make our day... Read More special and stress-free. All that was left for us to do on our big day was to enjoy the time with each other and with our families and friends. As a bride, I was so happy to be able to have a true southern wedding and share a slice of the south with my Californian in-laws and New England friends!

Perfect venue for a southern wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Kristena T

Denise and her staff were very helpful! The venue is beautiful and well worth the price. My only complaint is that I wished my day of coordinator was a bit more professional. She came off as very rude and overbearing to most of my wedding party.

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 4/16/2013 Courtnee T

Heartwood Hall not only met but exceeded my expectations. They provided a wedding coordinator who saw the whole ceremony & reception through. Denise & John (the owners) were there for us every step of the way & had staff that took care of everything so that the families could... Read More enojy the day as well instead of setting up / tearing down. The location is absolutely breathtaking (even in the rain)! Due to the rain we had our ceremony & reception in the barn which turned out beautiful! It was an elegant Southern rustic feel which was decorated perfectly.

Very Happy

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Erica P

I was married in October of 2012 and was very happy with my experience at Heartwood Hall. It was a beautiful ceremony, we had no problems. The staff was friendly and we had a wonderful time.