Heartwood Hall

Rossville, TN

Book Your Wedding with Heartwood Hall

A BARN IN ROSSVILLE, TN

Once standing as a plantation estate, Heartwood Hall is a Rossville, Tennessee, venue that’s loaded with history. Built in 1840, it once served as both a hospital and campground for Union soldiers during the Civil War. Now on the National Historic Register, this picturesque property has maintained its 19th-century charm, so whether taking a stroll on the grounds or stepping inside of the house, it's like entering a bygone era. From wedding ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers and rehearsal dinners, couples looking for a venue filled with historic southern appeal might just find it at Heartwood Hall.

The Main House. Featuring many of the amenities that fuel the reputation of Southern comfort, the Main House stands as the property’s centerpiece. A long front porch with swings, relaxing rocking chairs and stately white support columns highlight the house’s entryway, while redbrick garden walls, wrought-iron gates and lavish lawns accentuate the historic grandeur. Approximately 300 guests can gather on these lawns for an outdoor ceremony, seated in white folding garden chairs.

Pool and Courtyard. Located in back of the Main House, this intimate space comes to life with its lavish fountains and crisp gardens. Ideal for post-ceremony cocktails or a standing reception, as many as 150 guests can mix and mingle in this space. Alternatively, a seated reception can accommodate 125 people. The fountains function as cozy fire pits at night.

Four Seasons Garden. The site is surrounded by rose bushes, azaleas and boxwood hedges, making it a simple yet stunning spot for a ceremony. Guests enter this space through a rustic arbor passageway and then find their seats on the lawn by traversing the charming redbrick aisle. Whether it’s a large ceremony or small, up to 300 guests can sit down and watch the vows here.

Cabin and Lake. Featuring a tranquil lake and surrounded by stately oak trees, this rustic cabin site dates all the way back to the 1820s. Whether it’s being used for a ceremony or for a cocktail hour afterwards, up to 300 guests can gather in this uniquely natural setting. It’s also a great place to stage wedding photographs.

The Barn. Boasting an agrarian atmosphere with state-of-the-art capabilities, this dazzling venue is an ideal fit for a memorable reception. High, wood-beamed ceilings, 14 rustically romantic chandeliers, wood pillars and an oversized stone fireplace help to give the Barn its unique charm. Equipped with a full bar and space for a dance floor, about 300 guests can celebrate in this spot.

Couples who book Heartwood Hall for their wedding enjoy seven hours of exclusive use of the property on the day of their event. Also included is rehearsal time for the ceremony, as well as a wedding coordinator to help plan an event.

There are up to 350 white wooden chairs available at the site and as many as 300 chiavari chairs. Tables are provided as well and are available in round, square and bistro-style shapes. Table linens are also included. All glassware, china and utensils are likewise provided at the venue. Setup, tear down and cleanup services are taken care of by the on-site staff.

Catering is provided in-house, so couples may not choose an outside service for their menu. There’s an additional charge for the on-site catering service and this fee includes all food, alcohol and beverages served at an event.

While the guest capacity can vary between large and small, there is a maximum headcount of 350 people permitted at Heartwood Hall for an event.

A few of the extra perks that help make this a unique venue include the following:

• A horse and carriage to carry the bride to Main House ceremony
  • Use of the house’s entire second floor for the bride and her bridesmaids to get ready
  • Private use of first-floor parlor in Main House for parents and grandparents
  • A private house to serve as the groom’s quarters

Heartwood Hall is where happily ever after begins!

Located on 25 wooded acres east of Memphis, Heartwood Hall is a grand, historic home built in 1840. Heartwood Hall offers a truly unparalleled site for your bridal luncheon, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception site.

Barn, Estate, Historic Venue

2665 Rsleigh LaGrange Road, Rossville, TN (901) 854-2294

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Elizabeth D

I cannot say enough about this beautiful venue and all of the kind and professional people that work there. The whole plantation has beautiful features including the house where you get ready, the garden, the barn, the lake, etc. It looks like it is straight out of a fairy... Read More tale. Although it is expensive, it is WORTH IT! They provide so many additions that you may not even think about - linens, catering, centerpieces, aisle decor, A WEDDING PLANNER, etc. This venue made my day so smooth and perfect. Our wedding planner and the rest of the staff truly had our best interest at heart throughout the whole process!

Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Courtney C

Food is excellent. People are still raving about it. Denise and her team make everything so easy. Definitely worth it!!

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 5/16/2013 Melanie M

Everything was wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Elizabeth S

Heartwood Hall was the perfect choice for our wedding! There are so many good things to say about them. My husband had been the videographer at a wedding some years ago at Heartwood and he had suggested we check it out for our wedding. We set up an appointment to meet with... Read More Amanda Greer for a tour, go over the contract and everything they offered. She was so welcoming and answered all our questions. The place is so amazing; they have beautiful gardens, an amazing historical house and an intimate barn. I was not big on having a barn at my wedding, but when you step inside it does not have a barn feel. It is decorated with lots of candles, a gorgeous lighted archway, a fireplace, a large wooden bar, and lots of seating and decorations. The chandeliers are made of branches and they were stunning. There is also a lake or small pond by the barn and a driveway lined with trees. Amanda explained everything clearly for us and we left knowing we were picking Heartwood. The weeks leading up to our wedding, I asked Amanda a ton of questions and she was very responsive with every one. About a month before the weeding, we visited for our menu planning and reception decoration, and we had a great experience. Amanda helped us with the finances to get exactly what we needed for the small number of guests we had invited. They have there on catering there and they provide cake cutting, bartender, cocktail hour hors d’oeuvres, waiters, sit down dinner or buffet style. They have amazing food, the mac and cheese is awesome! There also provide the tables, chairs, table linens, plates, utensils, glasses, napkins, centerpieces, decorations, chairs for ceremony, sound system, and quarters to get ready. The week of the wedding, Amanda was our rehearsal and day of coordinator. She coordinated with the photographers and DJ on when we wanted to have cake cutting, sparkler exit and everything. Also, they have discounts and incentives for getting married on Fridays or Sundays. We got married on a Sunday and we were happy to have that perk.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Jamison H

I can’t begin to express how wonderful Heartwood Hall was for my family. Every member of their staff was so accessible, encouraging and knowlegable. I would do it all with them again if I could. My sister went into labor at the wedding and they even bought her a baby gift and... Read More had it ready in our car following the reception! Beautiful venue, beautiful people!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Lauren S

My husband and I could not have been happier with our choice in Heartwood Hall. Our wedding was absolutely wonderful! The staff was willing to help in any way possible to make sure our day was perfect. Ms. Kelly was our day of wedding coordinator and she went above and beyond!... Read More Although it was at the top our of price range for venues both my husband and I, as well as, our parents are so so glad we decided on Heartwood as our venue. Totally worth the money!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Julie H

We enjoyed working with the staff, they were all very professional and knew what needed to be done and when. We loved the versatility of the multiple locations on the property not only for the ceremony but it also allowed our photographer to have a multitude of options. We... Read More would recommend this venue to any engaged couple.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Natalie R

Heartwood Hall is the absolute best place to get married! Not only was the food absolutely delicious, but the scenery was breathtaking! Everyone at my wedding was in awe of how beautiful the wedding was! I also have to give credit to the best wedding coordinator at heartwood... Read More (Amanda Greer). She was absolutely outstanding! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! If your reading this and you are deciding on a venue, look no further, go ahead a book your spot at Heartwood Hall!! You will NOT regret it!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Kellie C

They made everything so easy to plan! Carol Johnson was our wedding coordinator through Heartwood Hall, and she was incredible! She kept everything running seamlessly throughout the entire wedding day. Thank you to everyone at Heartwood Hall for the best day ever!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Kyler T

This place made my wedding better than anything I could have ever dreamed of. They made it stress free for me the day of and all my guest were in awe of how beautiful it was, and so was I. People were saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017

Our wedding was just a few days ago and we are so appreciative. This venue is incredible. Not only is it beautiful, but it is picture perfect like something in a movie. It is also a good value because so much is included in the price. The catering was awesome - everything... Read More was really delicious. Their menu has so much to choose from, it is easy to please a lot of tastes. Everything on our day went so well, it was hard to believe. It was absolutely perfect with not even one small thing out of place. The staff is extremely professional and VERY good at what they do. I would not hesitate to have another wedding at this venue and will recommend them to everyone I can.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Maggie J

Y'all, if I could give them more than 5 stars, I would! The ladies at Heartwood Hall go above and beyond anything you can ever imagine. If you want the perfect wedding that you've always dreamed of - Heartwood is the perfect place! From the food, to the reception and every... Read More little thing in between, this sweet staff took care of every single detail beautiful. As luck would have it, we were married on January 7 -the one weekend it decided to snow in Memphis! Despite the craziness of the weather, the staff at Heartwood Hall didn't miss a beat! Our day was an incredible winter wonderful and more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! Kelly Inman was our day-of coordinator and let me tell you what, she may just be one of my very favorite people in the world! She had our day planned out down to a science, and everything went so smoothly and perfectly because of her! Thank you, Kelly, for being the most fun coordinator we could have ever asked for!! Our entire wedding weekend was truly amazing and more magical than I could have ever dreamed it would be. It was the perfect wedding and a weekend we will never forget!! Thank you, Heartwood, for the wedding of my dreams!!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Allyson H

Amanda with Heartwood was amazing!! The entire staff was so nice and extremely helpful our entire event!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017

We used Heartwood Hall for our reception only as our ceremony was held at the church they were very accommodating and Kelly was the best day of coordinator that we could ask for! Would highly recommend this venue to brides looking for a one stop shop for all their wedding... Read More reception needs!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Rachel C

Our wedding at Heartwood Hall was PERFECT. I am a control freak, but I didn't have to worry about a single thing with the Heartwood Hall team. The moment I walked into the barn the day of the wedding they had everything ready and beautifully decorated. My planner with Heartwood,... Read More Kelly, was an ANGEL and made sure our day was perfect. I can't give Heartwood Hall enough stars for how perfect they are.

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Debbie B

As the mother of the bride you want your daughter's wedding day to be as perfect as possible and we had that perfect day at Heartwood Hall! Amanda was our coordinator and she was a delight to work with, so sweet and extremely helpful. The grounds are beautiful and our guests... Read More gushed over how lovely everything was. Everyone loved the food and there were so many options it was almost hard to choose:). We enjoyed having the golf cart available for our guests who needed extra assistance. Overall, we received so many compliments about how pretty the venue is and how well everything went, there's not enough room to write about it all! We were all extremely pleased and delighted to have experienced the charm of this lovely venue.

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Taylor J

This is the most beautiful place! Our wedding was perfect and our coordinator that works at heartwood was amazing! If I needed anything she was a text away and she helped make our day go off without a hitch! 10 out of 10 for sure!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Victoria S

I have nothing but positive and wonderful things to say about Heartwood Hall, the staff and the incredible experience I had working with them! They were so professional in everything they did, from the meetings beforehand to the set-up and throughout the entire reception! The... Read More barn is absolutely incredible, the food was delicious, the staff was amazing and my wedding coordinator, Amanda, was so helpful and kind and made sure that everything ran smoothly, which it did!! I would reccommend Heartwood Hall every time!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Alexis B

This venue was so beautiful and really allowed us to make the wedding of my dreams a reality! When we were first looking at places, everywhere else required us to use various contractors and Heartwood Hall alleviated all of that stress. With everything provided in one place it... Read More truly made the whole process more enjoyable and our wedding was beautiful! While it may be on the pricier side at face value, when you start to look in to everything that they provide versus how much you would have to spend on various contracts at another venue, in the end you actually spend less, have less stress, and can truly enjoy the best day of your life!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Katie L

Beautiful venue and wonderful people to work with! Amanda made sure our wedding was everything we dreamed of and took care of everything. Can't say enough of this venue/staff.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Brianna S

My husband and I tied the knot at this beautiful venue on November 19th, 2016. Honestly the day of the venue was absolutely wonderful! I really didn't have a thing to stress such as how the events of the wedding were to occur, guest, food, and etc. The two houses that were... Read More available for us to use prior to the wedding ceremony are beautiful and very helpful to have to hold family and bridal party for a short period of time before the ceremony. The venue even comes with a wedding coordinator that helps you with small details that occurs on the day of the wedding (ceremony and reception). We had a close friend that helped us coordinate the wedding throughout our planning process and even on the day of the wedding (which I personally preferred) But i think that Amanda and my friend worked very well together. Amanda did an excellent job and she was so sweet throughout the whole entire process. It was really nice to have help from someone with Heartwood Hall on the day of the wedding. My family could not stop raving about how good of a job Amanda did and how beautiful the wedding was. However, my only complaint about the venue and customer serviced that we received was from management. Let me first start off by saying that it was completely our fault that we assumed that the a wedding venue would be able to accommodate changing venue times when the contract clearly states You have 7 hours of venue use 3 hours before the ceremony and 4 hours after the ceremony. Since our ceremony was suppose to start at 3 pm we could use the venue as early as 12 noon and had to leave by 7 pm. Personally I felt that the allotted time given was extremely short and also we had already made plans months in advance to get ready at the Marriott Hotel (Carriage Crossing location) from 8am-12pm with hair and makeup and wouldn't be able to get to the venue until after 12:30 pm the earliest. So we asked the venue (way over a month in advance) if we could moved the hours from 1 pm- 8pm and purchase an extra hour. I was sent to two different people to talk to and the last person I had contact with through email informed me that the owner Denise also did not want to accommodate our request because they have to pay employees and moving hours can "get out of hand quickly". However we were not asking for an extra hour but to move our times on top of purchasing an extra hour for $500. We personally felt management came off as very dismissive and felt like the venue didn't want to accommodate this request because why would they give it to us for free when they could make an possible extra $1000. The last person I also talked to also said that moving venue hours is a common request yet Heartwood Hall hasn't considered on updating their contract to better accommodate the needs of their future clientele. Which leads me to believe its a money incentive. So we ended up purchasing just one hour extra to our venue time and my bridesmaids and I didn't even get to the venue until 15 minutes before 1pm because we already had hair and make up appointments. So really it was a complete waste of venue time. Overall all we all had a great time on the day of the wedding and the venue does offer many amenities that other venues do not offer, but I would advise that couples read very carefully over the contract and ask questions and if they say something differently than what is stated in the contact that you get it in writing.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Miranda S

I could not be happier with my experience on my wedding day, everything was perfect! And so so so beautiful. I felt like my husband and I were completely there first priority in making us as happy as possible. I am so happy with our day!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 McKinley M

Heartwood Hall is truly a fairytale venue. I had my eye on this venue long before I ever met my husband. When the time came to tour Heartwood Hall for my wedding I knew that I would not look at any other venue(s). The people at Heartwood make everything so simple. One of the... Read More greatest things about Heartwood is that it is absolutely gorgeous in it's raw form. There is no need to spend bundles of extra money on decorations. My advice to anyone looking at this venue is keep it simple. This venue really does have it all. Their goal is to take care of you. They keep you stress free throughout the entire process.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 April M

I was such a happy bride at heartwood hall! The venue is so beautiful and our guests have been raving about everything from the venue to the amazing food. I cannot thank the staff enough for their attention to detail and taking care of so many things for me. The coordinator,... Read More Kelly, was wonderful and I could never thank her enough for all she did to make my day go smoothly. I have no regrets and would not change a thing about our day!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Cecily H

Calling all brides!! Do yourself a favor and book Heartwood Hall! Amazing experience. Gorgeous venue. My wedding was PERFECT!