Heavenly Gourmet, LLC

San Antonio, TX

Catering for all Budgets

Heavenly Gourmet Catering offers the best in fine foods for any occasion. Whether it be wedding, social function, or luncheon we will provide you with the best eating experience possible. Please give us a call for a complimentary taster at our private setting cafe. Prices start at $10 per person.

Italian, Latin American

Dietary Options

Buffet, Chef Stations, Passed Appetizers, Food + Catering

5005 West Avenue, San Antonio, TX

Reviewed on 1/06/2014 Samantha M

Heavenly Gourmet did an outstanding job at my wedding! In the planning process they were so nice and patient. My husband is a pretty picky eater and was not too crazy about their popular dishes. Julie worked with us and helped us figure out a different menu. Everything was so... Read More delicious! We received so many compliments from our guests about how good the food was. The wait staff that worked our wedding was so kind to everyone! Don't skip out on their appetizers, they were so darn good!

Biggest Compliment About Our Wedding was the FOOD

Reviewed on 5/02/2013 Jaclyn C

When my husband and I were trying to decide on the food for our wedding, we knew we wanted something tasty, but we didn't have it at the top of the list as a part of budget priorities. Heavenly Gourmet was recommended by our wedding venue and since our wedding on February 9,... Read More 2013, our most frequent compliment on the wedding has been about how great the food was. I really think our guests think we spent an arm and a leg to provide the food. We have told everyone who has complimented how affordable it actually was because we want to spread the word about how wonderful this company was. We were so impressed with not only the food but the superior service provided on our wedding. Heavenly Gourmet also provided us with bartending services; they even allowed us to buy all of the alcohol and mixers on our own and they just did the serving... which equaled more cost savings! The excellent staff always made sure that my husband and I did not need anything and checked on us frequently throughout the night. I don't think there is a more affordable, professional and genuinely caring company in town that will offer the quality of service and food that Heavenly Gourmet did. We cannot thank them enough for being apart of our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Alyssa J

The thing I have heard from absolutely everyone who attended our wedding is how AMAZING the food was! Heavenly Gourmet worked with us to create the menu that would work for our cultural wedding and it was delicious!!!

Excellent Food, Excellent Service

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Ramiro R

All the food from Heavenly Gourmet was delicious. We had appetizers, a buffet dinner, and late night Mac n Cheese bar. We were able to taste every food item (several times!) before the wedding. At the wedding, the staff were courteous and very attentive. They served us and... Read More both parent's tables. We substituted Mexican Coke as our toast and the staff did everything perfect. The displayed the food beautifully and adjusted to our schedule seamlessly. I highly recommend Heavenly Gourmet for any occasion.

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Kristen O

My husband and I would highly recommend Heavenly Gourmet for catering services. We had 3 different tastings with possible caterers and Heavenly Gourmet was not only the best tasting but the most affordable! We had the stuffed chicken with poblano cream sauce. People still... Read More complement us on our food and appetizers at the wedding. Definitely a great choice!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Heather J

I think Heavenly Gourmet's reviews speak for themselves but in in case you are still on the fence about hiring them let me tell you this: Not only are they reasonably priced but the food is delicious! I literally had guests begging to take home leftovers! The staff is so... Read More professional and they made sure that every request we had (saving corks, filling glasses halfway full, etc.) was met. Can't say enough great things about this company!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Emily B

Heavenly Gourmet is seriously the BEST catering food out there! And greatly priced! For our October wedding we decided to have buffet style dinner, serving the stuffed chicken and the pecan crusted chicken (oh my goshhhh!), two different salads, a mashed potatoe bar, rolls, and... Read More veggies. We wanted options with the buffet and they definitely worked with us! They also provide bartenders/bar set up which was awesome. It really had me in awe when I called them the day before the wedding and requested that we have a signature cocktail--just told them the ingredients. I felt bad but it wasn't a problem! And it was a hit! Top notch service!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Giselle C

We didn't hire them for the wedding because of their horrible service. We went to the tasting, the place was a mess and they made us wait. They brought out the plates and left us tasting everything by ourselves. They had told us we had to decide the same day because our wedding... Read More was soon, their food was ok, not excellent, the chicken looked undercooked, the only good thing was the salad. When they asked whether we were going to hire them we told them we would tell them the same day but that we had to think for a little bit (we were just being polite). Perla came out from the back and said we had to decide at that moment, and tried to force us to say yes, we told her no and she went crazy, it was a very bad experience.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Katharyn J

Cannot say enough great things about this caterer! Through the tastings, planning and extra special details, they did everything and then some! Great caterer to use for rehearsal and wedding reception! A great find and reasonably priced.

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

I haven't worked with vendors in my life, but the food was absolutely delicious. Our dinner consisted of the Cesar salad, grilled rosemary chicken with grilled vegetables, feta-basil mashed potatoes and a dinner roll. The chicken was very juicy and full f flavor. Being in San... Read More Antonio, TX, it was a nice break, for myself and all of my guests, from the Tex-Mex cuisine that is everywhere. The staff were super professional and had every course,drink and dessert out in a timely manner. The food was presented wonderfully and looked appetizing. We had guests that were no shows and we also ordered for the other vendors, but to our surprise, they provide for all the vendors as well, leaving us with extra portions. With this being said- they did a last call and people were able to get extra food, more than enough cake and coffee service. Afterwards, they cleaned down to the linens and made us to-go plates and dishes with all the extra leftovers. they packed full meals and then grouped the remaining items, which I appreciated because even though we no-show guests, we still got our money's worth of service. My only regret is that they did outstanding service and then vanished like thieves in the night. I was reminded that I paid gratuity, but they were pretty awesome and everyone loved them.

The food was great!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Monica M

The food at my wedding was great! It was everything they presented at the taste testing. The customer service was also really good. There are only two "buts" I have with having hired them to do our wedding. The first was their obvious lack of communication. I was called the... Read More week of the wedding to go over all of the final details and confirmed that I had paid for the China package for our cake but the day of the wedding all of our guests were served on acrylic. I was refunded the difference but it was definitely not what I wanted. The second issue I had was that the servers lacked experience. One of them even told my husband and I that she had never worked a wedding before. That is definitely not what you want to hear knowing the amount of money it took to get to your most special day.

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Emily E

Good food, we booked at first tasting & got a late night mac n cheese snack. Very efficient with emails & catered menu to us. Staff at event were very polite.

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Sara H

We had the best experience with HG! From our tastings, to the wedding day, they were amazing. Perla is beyond helpful and made every effort to make sure we were comfortable and our minds were at ease with all of our selections. We rented linens and all glassware thru HG as well.... Read More And I am so glad we did, it was so easy to have HG take care of a big part of the wedding, and they made making decisions super easy and give their honest opinions on what will look good or not! Perla is awesome to work with and she even came to the final walk thru at the venue and helped out, and went way beyond with what she had to do. The food is AMAZING. The heavenly stuffed chicken is what we went with, and we didn't stop hearing all night (and after) how great the food was! The staff is excellent too, and had all meals out super quick! Heavenly Gourmet is a great catering company, and makes one of the biggest tasks of planning a wedding super easy, and fun! We really appreciate all that HG did for us to make our day perfect!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 A L

Excellent, excellent, excellent! If you haven't already, call Heavenly Gourmet, schedule a tasting and book them immediately! My husband and I were blown away by the level of customer service we received while working with HG. Some wires were crossed prior to our first tasting... Read More and HG was so accommodating even though we were not on the schedule. We were offered a second tasting to accommodate a few home recipes we wanted to try out, and everything was delicious! My husband wanted to use a specific mac n cheese recipe for our mac n cheese bar and they happily obliged. We used the bar services and our bartender was extremely courteous to guests. Our guests had wonderful things to say about the food and the service, including the mac n cheese. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Deborah R

We received so many compliments about the food at our wedding! Heavenly Gourmet did an awesome job with our hors d'oeuvres and dinner! Their service was phenomenal as well! They were very professional and had our guest’s easting in no time at all. They were super easy to work... Read More with and responded to any questions we had. They were also very reasonably priced, and helped us to get delicious food without breaking our budget. I would recommend them to any of my family or friends that are getting married or having an event that needs catering.

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Ruby G

The food was amazing! My husband and I could not make up our minds when it came to the food. HG was more then willing to set up several tastings until we could agree on something. They were very punctual and responded to questions promptly. We had a little mishap with a... Read More particular drink we requested but Loreta and Pearla went above and beyond to make things right. We did use them for both catering and bar services it made things so much easier to deal with one company for both services. We highly recommend them to anyone look for delicious food for their next event.

Simply the BEST!

Reviewed on 4/04/2015

The food was EXCELLENT!. I can't say enough good things about this caterer. I tried their food at a wedding venue event and again at a personal tasting. Each time the quality of the food was the same. Well after the wedding, guests are still asking for the name of the caterer... Read More and stating that they enjoyed the food. And to top it off, the prices are fantastic compared to some other caterers. Staff at the location as well as during my event were extremely professional and helpful. I believe we received a great value and would definitely use them again for additional events. Highly recommend.

Awesome to work with

Reviewed on 2/25/2015 Fernanda V

Heavenly Gourmet was an A+ in our books. Very affordable and the quality of the food is superb. From the initial tasting to the day of, they were very responsive and helped resolve issues down the road. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Allison M

I had an uncountable number of people come up to me and tell me that the food was amazing. We did have leftovers but they were gone in a day or two because everyone wanted more the next day!

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Vincent M

Each tasting was amazing! we got the full feel for everything! the food was absolutely delicious! they worked with me offering some vegetarian options for my guests and i could not be more happy! thank you so much for providing such a DELICIOUS meal for our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Tracey L

My husband and I loved the food! We had limited vendors for our venue and this place had the best food for the price. We had passed out appetizers, platted dinners (salad and entree), cake cutting service and champagne toasts. They were friendly and helpful throughout the... Read More whole wedding process.

True Professionals

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Tracey L

They were so easy to work with and they worked with our budget. They are the complete package from food to service. Everyone was impressed by the food and went for seconds. It was served at the right temperature. It was delicious. The staff was on top of everything making sure... Read More everyone was happy with their meals. They packaged everything afterwards and took care of the clean up. I didn't have to lift a finger or worry about a thing and could spend my time with my guests. They were fantastic.

Still enjoying the leftovers!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Charles S

We settled on Heavenly Gourmet after going to the Bridal Extravaganza and saw all the other food vendors going to their booth to eat. We elected to go with a buffet for budget reasons but they food was still fantastic and we had so many leftovers! They served us a seated... Read More dinner to make sure we ate and even prepared a to go box for the end of the night. We also used them for appetizers during cocktail hour and even saved some for us since we were taking photos after the ceremony! They were affordable and incredibly professional. They fed our other vendors like our photographer, JD and coordinator and all the other vendors love working their events. They did a great job cleaning up and also served as our bartenders. Everything went off without a hitch and the are just an incredibly professional operation. I would recommend the stuffed chicken in the Poblano sauce, roasted potatoes and green beans, can't go wrong!

Great Food

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Theresa S

Heavenly Gourmet is awesome biggest bang for your buck!! They are just awesome the food is wonderful and the services they provide spectacular!! They are so fast and just perfect.. They did the set up of the tables and linens for just a small fee and I Also got... Read More bar services through them as well...Everything was great they cleaned everything up at the end and did the break down of everything I couldn't get over how fast and great they are!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Jackie H

We met with Heavenly Gourmet on our first of 3 catering appointments, and I wish we would have just signed the contract then. Seriously, don't waste your time with anyone else. The food we tried at our tasting was wonderful so I did expect the quality to go down a bit when... Read More cooking for 200 instead of 2, but I was wrong. The food at the wedding tasted the exact same as it did in the tasting. Everybody raved about the passed appetizers and the dinner. Although it's only been 3 weeks, we still have people telling us how much they loved the dinner and wish they could have taken some home with them. The service at the wedding was great and everyone looked professional. I would highly suggest Heavenly Gourmet to anyone looking for a caterer!